View Full Version : Sam Houston at Southeastern Lousiana- Round 2

Tubakat2014
November 30th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Here we go!

EDIT- Well crap, eye kant speel. Sorry about that.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hmm. I really want to see SELA play, but would love to destroy SHSU in Fargo... Who to root for... who to root for... Tough one.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Looking for SELA to beat SHSU again. SHSU looked good today so not sure what will happen..

swaghook
November 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Well even though I had SUU winning in my bracket I have SELA winning the 2nd round so I'm sticking with that.

Darlinikki150
November 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm going w SELA. Had enough of the KittyCats the past 2 years. Plus I have SELA winning in my bracket...

BEAR
November 30th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Lions in my bracket. Gotta go with them. But I gotta wonder if the Kats are back.

Tubakat2014
November 30th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I'm going w SELA. Had enough of the KittyCats the past 2 years. Plus I have SELA winning in my bracket...

Have you had enough of the team or the AGS users that "represent" the team?

Lions in my bracket. Gotta go with them. But I gotta wonder if the Kats are back.

As Bell and Flanders go, so goes the team. But Keshawn Hill keeps getting better and better...

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Hard to against a team that has won so many playoff games in the last 3 years. I'm going to go with SHSU.

patssle
November 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Thank god...finally a non-championship playoff game that isn't against the Big Fluff Conference.

lionsrking2
November 30th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Congrats to Sam ... nice win for the SLC! Looking forward to round 2!

Texas
November 30th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Bison attention whoring engaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Nickels
November 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to going back to cellulite stadium.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM

Fatty

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Hard to against a team that has won so many playoff games in the last 3 years. I'm going to go with SHSU.

Something to be said for that experience. I also picked SHSU in this one.

maine612
December 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM
Hmm. I really want to see SELA play, but would love to destroy SHSU in Fargo... Who to root for... who to root for... Tough one.

You are getting Maine or New Hampshire in Fargo.

- - - Updated - - -

Something to be said for that experience. I also picked SHSU in this one.

Agreed. SHSU earns a trip to Orono.

fmrbearkat
December 1st, 2013, 12:24 AM
]You are getting Maine or New Hampshire in Fargo[/B].

- - - Updated - - -

No chance either one get past SELA or SHSU! On top of that I believe New Hampsire beats Maine again and comes down South!

DJKyR0
December 1st, 2013, 12:33 AM

What do you think the spread will be for NDSU at home vs. SELA?

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2013, 12:37 AM

dont know the spread but i have the game 35-24 SELA

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2013, 12:39 AM
You are getting Maine or New Hampshire in Fargo.

- - - Updated - - -

xpopcornxxcoffeex

Texas
December 1st, 2013, 12:48 AM
xpopcornxxcoffeex

Don't get over confident because your team beat a banged up Flanders and Bell.

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2013, 12:52 AM
Don't get over confident because your team beat a banged up Flanders and Bell.

xcoffeex

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 01:12 AM

Eagle.

Spread eagle.

TexasTerror
December 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM
Question for SLU fans...

Is there any letdown for your fanbase that your first-ever playoff game is against a team/school that you are very familiar with? That's not something "new"...?

fmrbearkat
December 1st, 2013, 07:20 AM
Question for SLU fans...

Is there any letdown for your fanbase that your first-ever playoff game is against a team/school that you are very familiar with? That's not something "new"...?

After the last game vs the Kats I'm sure alot of Lion fans have their tickets booked for Maine!! xcoffeex

LuckyKat
December 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Many things have changed for this Lat team in the last 8 Days,
and all them are good, KATS do win this rematch, and with the suport
of a solid crowd headed out to Hammond

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Question for SLU fans...

Can't speak for our entire fan base but I doubt you'll notice a letdown next Saturday...we'll have a packed stadium of Lions fans and they'll be loud and proud...looking forward to it!!

BEAR
December 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Wait.... SLU has never been to the playoffs? What other SLC team hasn't?

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Wait.... SLU has never been to the playoffs? What other SLC team hasn't?

Lamar

LIONFAN07
December 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM
I agree Flanders was banged up the first time we played them and if he is healthy all of a sudden in 3 weeks that could make a difference. As for Bell he is winner espically in the playoffs and the Lions will have to deal with that. This should be a great game and I'm looking forward to it. These are two very good teams and two outstanding coaches.

Interesting from what I heard from Kat fans after they lost to UCA was how their coaches were calling terrible games and they are playing poorly. Now after a win against from what I saw was not a strong team from the WEAK SKY and now there locks to get to Fargo.

Texas
December 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Fans optimistic about their team, news at 11.

sharkeycox
December 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
I agree Flanders was banged up the first time we played them and if he is healthy all of a sudden in 3 weeks that could make a difference. As for Bell he is winner espically in the playoffs and the Lions will have to deal with that. This should be a great game and I'm looking forward to it. These are two very good teams and two outstanding coaches.

Interesting from what I heard from Kat fans after they lost to UCA was how their coaches were calling terrible games and they are playing poorly. Now after a win against from what I saw was not a strong team from the WEAK SKY and now there locks to get to Fargo.

Yup, and apparently their favorite coach is Collins!!xcoffeex

fmrbearkat
December 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM

i don't think to will find an honest fan that thinks we are a lock but I feel as I'm sure others do that whoever wins this week has a very high probability of getting there. I personally don't think Maine or NHU is anywhere as tough as SELA, McNeese, or SHSU. We did play and call alot better game but IMO that also has alot to do with a no conference opponent with little prep time.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2013, 01:11 PM
This game is exactly the same scenario as SDSU-NDSU in the playoffs last year. God I hate that the committee does this ****.

SE LA should be matched up with Tennessee State and Sam Houston should be at Eastern Illinois.

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2013, 01:21 PM
This game is exactly the same scenario as SDSU-NDSU in the playoffs last year. God I hate that the committee does this ****.

SE LA should be matched up with Tennessee State and Sam Houston should be at Eastern Illinois.

Doesn't matter to me who we play ... gotta beat whoever you play to move on ... I think too much gets made of it. But under your scenario, we should be getting Jacksonville State and McNeese, TSU.

mmiller_34
December 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Doesn't matter to me who we play ... gotta beat whoever you play to move on ... I think too much gets made of it. But under your scenario, we should be getting Jacksonville State and McNeese, TSU.

That scenario makes sense as well.

All for saving some money we have to see conference rematches. I'm just not a fan.

lionsrking2
December 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM

All for saving some money we have to see conference rematches. I'm just not a fan.

In a perfect world I definitely agree, but we're fine with the system we currently have ... our staff is accustomed to playing conference teams twice, coming from D-II ... They'll have us ready to play.

Texas
December 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM

I for one want this rematch. I'm sure other Kats want it too.

Bearkat 41
December 2nd, 2013, 11:18 PM
I remember when discussing the first game between these two teams several SELA fans talked about their loss to SDSU being self inflicted due to turnovers and I agree with that. But remember just 3 weeks ago the Kats turned the ball over three times in the red zone if I'm not mistaken. I could argue that it is very similiar to the SELA loss to SDSU. If the Kats don't turn it over, it's a different ball game. But we did, and we lost by 10. A healthy Flanders and Bell will make this game a different game all together.

Should be a great game between two great teams. I'll take the Kats by 10 this time though.

Samalum'10
December 2nd, 2013, 11:24 PM
How dare you with your logic

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2013, 11:46 PM
I remember when discussing the first game between these two teams several SELA fans talked about their loss to SDSU being self inflicted due to turnovers and I agree with that. But remember just 3 weeks ago the Kats turned the ball over three times in the red zone if I'm not mistaken. I could argue that it is very similiar to the SELA loss to SDSU. If the Kats don't turn it over, it's a different ball game. But we did, and we lost by 10. A healthy Flanders and Bell will make this game a different game all together. Should be a great game between two great teams. I'll take the Kats by 10 this time though.I'd argue it's not similar ... we outgained SDSU almost 2 to 1 (506 to 345) in total yardage, led for for almost an entire 3 quarters (up 19-7 at one point), had a chance to go up 17-0 in the second quarter, before we started turning the ball over (including a pick 6). Conversely, we already had a 10 point lead on Sam before they turned it over the first time, plus we left points on the field in the first half (and passed on a FG opportunity late in the game). Even if they hadn't turned it over at all, they still probably don't win the game. I'd say with as near a certainty as I can, had we not turned it over vs SDSU, that game would have been over by the middle of the third quarter ... no offense to them, they're very good, well-coached, and did what they had to do pull it out, but we beat ourselves that night. None of that matters as it relates to this Saturday ... it'll be two good teams going at it and the game will take on a life of it's own.

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
I don't want to jinx a team by picking them. Let's just say that I'm rooting for the Bearkats even though SELA's rise is a pretty good story (but I cringe at the idea of announcers talking about their transfers all freaking game long.)

Sam_Kats
December 3rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
This one should be interesting...SELA is about as talented as they come but something JUST WASN'T RIGHT with the Kats at the end of the reg season. Health, attitude, complacency?? I don't know but a 2nd chance at one final run has seemed to energize these guys.

Plus, time heals all & having our 3-headed rushing attack hobbled with Bell & Flanders isn't exactly a recipe for success.

MSU_77
December 3rd, 2013, 08:53 AM
I pick SLU in a blowout. Sidenote: They prefer SLU (correct me if I'm wrong, SLU fans), but everyone still refers to them as SELA.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
This one should be interesting...SELA is about as talented as they come but something JUST WASN'T RIGHT with the Kats at the end of the reg season. Health, attitude, complacency?? I don't know but a 2nd chance at one final run has seemed to energize these guys.

Plus, time heals all & having our 3-headed rushing attack hobbled with Bell & Flanders isn't exactly a recipe for success.

You better hope it wasn't those two... a team close to not getting into the playoffs decides its attitude of complacency is appropriate the last two games of the season? Really? What I saw at Estes had better be gone for the playoffs or game over Saturday. UCA wasn't a trap game. I'll contribute your lack of offense to injuries. SELA and McNeese had no problem at Estes. That's why I said earlier I wonder if the old Bearkats are finally back...

Sam_Kats
December 3rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
My point is these Sr's have played A LOT of football the last 3 years...and came up oh-so short in the title games. The team we've seen in the past & the team that murdered SUU simply WAS NOT THE TEAM that showed up in Hammond & Conway. It's not a shot at either the Lions or the Bears (OH MY) but more of a observation having seen these guys played MANY of times together. They have a 2nd wind...is it enough to beat the #4 seed in the country?? We'll see. Two great teams will play this Saturday and thankfully, it will be resolved on the field. Love FCS football.

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
My point is these Sr's have played A LOT of football the last 3 years...and came up oh-so short in the title games. The team we've seen in the past & the team that murdered SUU simply WAS NOT THE TEAM that showed up in Hammond & Conway. It's not a shot at either the Lions or the Bears (OH MY) but more of a observation having seen these guys played MANY of times together. They have a 2nd wind...is it enough to beat the #4 seed in the country?? We'll see. Two great teams will play this Saturday and thankfully, it will be resolved on the field. Love FCS football.

What I feel happened last week is that Fritz really challenged their toughness and they met the challenge. The defense looked the best I have seen them look all season. The offense got back to the basics and put up 350+ on the ground against a big and physical defense.

I wont say that the "playoff Bearkats" are back just yet, but if they stroll into Hammond and give them a little Bearkat azzkicking, then I will say to the FCS world, look out this team may be peaking at the right time and on the march again!

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
What I feel happened last week is that Fritz really challenged their toughness and they met the challenge. The defense looked the best I have seen them look all season. The offense got back to the basics and put up 350+ on the ground against a big and physical defense.

I wont say that the "playoff Bearkats" are back just yet, but if they stroll into Hammond and give them a little Bearkat azzkicking, then I will say to the FCS world, look out this team may be peaking at the right time and on the march again!

If that happens, there will be no doubt the Kats are back (Just hope Fritz has some REALLY NEW ideas before you were to travel to Fargo)

moosbah
December 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
I can see SHSU winning this game, but with Deputy Fife under center they won't get any further.

msupokes1
December 3rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
I would love to see the Bearkats go into Hammond and get the win but I feel like what happened last week against SUU showed more about SUU and the Big Sky than it did about SHSU. I hope I am wrong and SHSU wins.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Hey Sammy fans, Carib making his annual appearance in your playoff thread just to remind you boys of how much I dislike the Kats.... lol

lets go SE Louisiana - whip em twice

BEAR
December 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Oh to have Rhett Bomar under center again... THAT would be a team.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
I vividly remember the duel between Rhett and Steve Walker, such a fantastic game.

What is he up to now? Last I heard he had a DUI and was at a vikings camp or something.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Bomar vs. Brown was epic. Game could have gone either way...minus the onside.

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hey Sammy fans, Carib making his annual appearance in your playoff thread just to remind you boys of how much I dislike the Kats.... lol

lets go SE Louisiana - whip em twice

Why the hate on the Kats?

MSU_77
December 3rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Given our last 3 playoff debacles, I don't know what to expect. I just hope for any kind of Cowboy win by any margin.

msupokes1
December 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Given our last 3 playoff debacles, I don't know what to expect. I just hope for any kind of Cowboy win by any margin.

Not sure why you are posting this under the Sam Houston St SELA thread instead of the McNeese/ JVSU thread.

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Not sure why you are posting this under the Sam Houston St SELA thread instead of the McNeese/ JVSU thread.

This thread is way cooler.

MSU_77
December 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM

I don't know, either. :)

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Would love to see this game!

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
Would love to see this game!

ESPN3 live or on replay next week

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Bomar vs. Brown was epic. Game could have gone either way...minus the onside.

Meh, Bomar was a non-event for McNeese

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
ESPN3 live or on replay next week

I only get ESPN and ESPN2 here at the hotel. Is it on either of them?

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
I only get ESPN and ESPN2 here at the hotel. Is it on either of them?

NO, Espn3 is free on your computer (I know you have one, LOL)

BEAR
December 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
I have an Atari.

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I have an Atari.

xeyebrowx Hummmmm so you are logged on here 23 hours a day on your Atari???? xeekx

BEAR
December 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
xeyebrowx Hummmmm so you are logged on here 23 hours a day on your Atari???? xeekx

Yeah... technology is great isn't it??!! Heard they were going to change the formula for Coke next... sheesh.. imagine that!

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah... technology is great isn't it??!! Heard they were going to change the formula for Coke next... sheesh.. imagine that!

I have been using an etch-a-sketch for the last 5 years. I ****ing hate when I accidently shake it before I finish my post. It is really making me rethink my parkinsins medication.

BEAR
December 3rd, 2013, 05:20 PM
I really really want to keep up with the Sam/SLU game as it happens but my bag phone just won't download the app. Oh well, guess I'll turn on the old a.m. radio and hope to catch a few waves of the game.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
I really really want to keep up with the Sam/SLU game as it happens but my bag phone just won't download the app. Oh well, guess I'll turn on the old a.m. radio and hope to catch a few waves of the game.

You should consider taking LSD and sitting in a dark room imagining the game instead.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2013, 07:38 PM
You should consider taking LSD and sitting in a dark room imagining the game instead.

I was born on LSD, so I don't need it....

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
NO, Espn3 is free on your computer (I know you have one, LOL)

Thanks for the info!!!!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
not liking these early round conference match ups - playoffs should be about something else...

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I personally don't think Maine or NHU is anywhere as tough as SELA, McNeese, or SHSU.

don't sleep on Maine, they are tough enough, UNH not so much.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Why the hate on the Kats?

I like your team some, but it's the Kat fans that are so more entertaining than the team

Sammy94
December 4th, 2013, 08:24 AM
What is he up to now? Last I heard he had a DUI and was at a vikings camp or something.

He is QB coach for his dad at a high school in south Texas.

tjamz
December 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Eat 'em up Kats!

(I admit I just want to tailgate with you guys again in a couple weeks in Fargo if all goes according to plan)

fmrbearkat
December 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Eat 'em up Kats!

(I admit I just want to tailgate with you guys again in a couple weeks in Fargo if all goes according to plan)

Somebody offered to build a Frisco cruiser for one of the Katfans...I hope even if we don't make Frisco maybe he can deliver it and a couple of Kats can head to pick it up and receive a few tailgating tips. Not that we don't have a good atmosphere but more of a continuing education course to grow knowledge :-)

tjamz
December 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Somebody offered to build a Frisco cruiser for one of the Katfans...I hope even if we don't make Frisco maybe he can deliver it and a couple of Kats can head to pick it up and receive a few tailgating tips. Not that we don't have a good atmosphere but more of a continuing education course to grow knowledge :-)

That would have been me that offered. The original Frisco Cruiser may be available for sale however....

deez_na
December 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
dont know the spread but i have the game 35-24 SELA

You picked against the Bison?

Sammy94
December 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Hotel booked, tickets bought, this one should be a great SLC shoot out.

robsnotes4u
December 4th, 2013, 02:11 PM
You picked against the Bison?

Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nickels
December 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Hey classless SELA fans, are one of your fellow sister ****ing coonasses going to pull the fire alarm at the team's hotel in the middle of night again?

LuckyKat
December 4th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Eat 'em up Kats!

And For Good Reason !!! 18617

TennBison
December 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I'd argue it's not similar ... we outgained SDSU almost 2 to 1 (506 to 345) in total yardage, led for for almost an entire 3 quarters (up 19-7 at one point), had a chance to go up 17-0 in the second quarter, before we started turning the ball over (including a pick 6). Conversely, we already had a 10 point lead on Sam before they turned it over the first time, plus we left points on the field in the first half (and passed on a FG opportunity late in the game). Even if they hadn't turned it over at all, they still probably don't win the game. I'd say with as near a certainty as I can, had we not turned it over vs SDSU, that game would have been over by the middle of the third quarter ... no offense to them, they're very good, well-coached, and did what they had to do pull it out, but we beat ourselves that night. None of that matters as it relates to this Saturday ... it'll be two good teams going at it and the game will take on a life of it's own.
What kind of math do they teach down there, your 184 yards shy of doubling them up, how is that what you refer to as almost.

TennBison
December 4th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hey classless SELA fans, are one of your fellow sister ****ing coonasses going to pull the fire alarm at the team's hotel in the middle of night again?

Maybe one of those classless SHSU football players can show everyone how to give the finger to the whole nation on national TV.

Theee Catrabbit
December 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I'd argue it's not similar ... we outgained SDSU almost 2 to 1 (506 to 345) in total yardage, led for for almost an entire 3 quarters (up 19-7 at one point), had a chance to go up 17-0 in the second quarter, before we started turning the ball over (including a pick 6). Conversely, we already had a 10 point lead on Sam before they turned it over the first time, plus we left points on the field in the first half (and passed on a FG opportunity late in the game). Even if they hadn't turned it over at all, they still probably don't win the game. I'd say with as near a certainty as I can, had we not turned it over vs SDSU, that game would have been over by the middle of the third quarter ... no offense to them, they're very good, well-coached, and did what they had to do pull it out, but we beat ourselves that night. None of that matters as it relates to this Saturday ... it'll be two good teams going at it and the game will take on a life of it's own.

No I believe the team that forced those turnovers and played disciplined TEAM football won that matchup. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess........can't help it if your coaches don't believe in stressing ball control and limiting penalties....I guess I could equally say our team overlooked your middling team and came out flat in the first half, after some halftime adjustments we were able to turn it around.......points of view are fun

lionsrking2
December 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM
No I believe the team that forced those turnovers and played disciplined TEAM football won that matchup. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess........can't help it if your coaches don't believe in stressing ball control and limiting penalties....I guess I could equally say our team overlooked your middling team and came out flat in the first half, after some halftime adjustments we were able to turn it around.......points of view are fun

Yeah whatever pal.

kingranch
December 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
he is a Sioux fan

Sam_Kats
December 5th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Hang on...........NDSU fans talking about players having "class??" Hi, Kettle.

Doing a quick count, Beck’s conviction makes, what, 15 members of the NDSU football team found guilty of crimes related to fraud, violence and/or alcohol and drugs in a year?

Travis Beck – resisting arrest
Samuel Ojuri – petition fraud
Joshua Colville – petition fraud
Marcus Williams – petition fraud
Brendin Pierre – petition fraud
Lucas Albers – petition fraud
Aireal Boyd – petition fraud, arrest warrant for failure to appear
Demitrius Gray – petition fraud
Bryan Shepherd – petition fraud
Antonio Rogers – petition fraud
Charles Smith III – petition fraud
D.J. McNorton – petition fraud, arrest warrant for failure to appear
Don Carter – petition fraud, arrest warrant for failure to appear
Leevon Perry – DUI
Brandon Jemison – indecent exposure

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/in-the-past-year-15-ndsu-football-players-arrested-and-convicted-for-variety-of-crimes/

jacksfan29
December 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM

Your not really understanding his point. In his mind, SELA won the game (if not for all the "unforced" mistakes they made). He's been touting this now for at least a month. I say we just give SELA the win over SDSU, change the records and allow him his day.

By the way, my bet is the conversation ends this weekend. I picked SELA to lose, and I expect them to. No playoff experience against a two time runner-up.

msupokes1
December 5th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Your not really understanding his point. In his mind, SELA won the game (if not for all the "unforced" mistakes they made). He's been touting this now for at least a month. I say we just give SELA the win over SDSU, change the records and allow him his day.

By the way, my bet is the conversation ends this weekend. I picked SELA to lose, and I expect them to. No playoff experience against a two time runner-up.

I think he know SDSU won the game. I think his point is more that SDSU is not the better team. SELA has cleaned up a lot of the mistakes it was making early in the year. McNeese played bad against SELA and got the dog snot beat out of us. Had McNeese played good SELA still would have won and probably still in decisive fashion. I would love to see SHSU pull the upset this weekend but I think SELA is the real deal this year. As long as they keep playing mistake free ball they will roll. It is a shame they are on the same side of the bracket as NDSU.

MSU_77
December 5th, 2013, 10:18 AM
SLU will roll over SHSU. If not, I'll be shocked. I think SLU should be the favorite for the NC this year.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 10:46 AM
SLU will roll over SHSU. If not, I'll be shocked. I think SLU should be the favorite for the NC this year.

EIU and NDSU have something to say about that :p.

msupokes1
December 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM

Not sure I would go quite that far. If they get by SHSU they would have to beat one of the CAA team and then would have a tall task in beating NDSU in Fargo. NDSU is still my favorite. Besides their fans being somewhat obnoxious at times, there team is like men among boys.

MSU_77
December 5th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Not sure I would go quite that far. If they get by SHSU they would have to beat one of the CAA team and then would have a tall task in beating NDSU in Fargo. NDSU is still my favorite. Besides their fans being somewhat obnoxious at times, there team is like men among boys.

I don't have anything against NDSU or their fans. If SLU gets to Fargo, it will be a hell of a battle. However, I think they're as talented and as deep as anyone, including the Bison. Because of all the transfers on their squad, it took time for them to gel this year. However, if they continue to play like they have, it's quite possible for SLU to go all the way. Note: If NDSU played outdoors, I would NOT be saying that.

FormerPokeCenter
December 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Maybe one of those classless SHSU football players can show everyone how to give the finger to the whole nation on national TV.

Holy Redundant Adjective, Batman!

lionsrking2
December 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I think he know SDSU won the game. I think his point is more that SDSU is not the better team. SELA has cleaned up a lot of the mistakes it was making early in the year. McNeese played bad against SELA and got the dog snot beat out of us. Had McNeese played good SELA still would have won and probably still in decisive fashion. I would love to see SHSU pull the upset this weekend but I think SELA is the real deal this year. As long as they keep playing mistake free ball they will roll. It is a shame they are on the same side of the bracket as NDSU.

I've said many times that SDSU is very good, and did a much better job of not beating themselves that night ... they came away ahead on the scoreboard, which is the bottom line. But to only lose by a TD, on the road, to a team of that caliber, with six turnovers to their one (really zero), while logging 12 penalties to their 4, told us how good we could be if we clean things up ... that was our third game with a lot of new faces and we've improved every week since then, minus a minor blip vs NW State, a game we still won by 2 TDs ... and we still haven't played our best game ... hopefully that comes this week.

Theee Catrabbit
December 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM

Oooooh so your saying he's like Montana fans who don't count losses on the road....got it! Sure....SELA beat us! Beat us good they did!

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Hotel booked, tickets bought, this one should be a great SLC shoot out.

Say Hello to good folk down in Hammond for me....

tomq04
December 7th, 2013, 06:58 AM
It seems to me that the next 2 rounds will prove a real challenge for NDSU, anyone can win...just don't get overwhelmed by the prospects of traveling to Fargo. Maybe you should pray harder next year.

*thanks God everyday that EWU isn't on that side of the bracket*

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
i don't think to will find an honest fan that thinks we are a lock but I feel as I'm sure others do that whoever wins this week has a very high probability of getting there. I personally don't think Maine or NHU is anywhere as tough as SELA, McNeese, or SHSU. We did play and call alot better game but IMO that also has alot to do with a no conference opponent with little prep time.

well now we get to find out about UNH vs SELA..... good mathc-up CAA vs Southland

fmrbearkat
December 8th, 2013, 02:04 PM
well now we get to find out about UNH vs SELA..... good mathc-up CAA vs Southland

Im really interested in this game! Pissed its on freaking ESPN3!!!