PDA

View Full Version : Fordham at Towson Second Round Match up

Pages : [1] 2

TigerFen
November 30th, 2013, 03:53 PM
A battle of two top 10 teams. Fordham with a QB that can eat defenses for lunch. Towson can run the ball and have a defense that is starting to gel better than earlier in the season. This is going to be a close game. Towson can't get into a shootout because the top two WR are out for the game. Discuss.

youwouldno
November 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I think Towson will run them over.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM

I like Niebrich, but Towson is a tough two headed animal who I pick yo win also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Towson wins 37-17. Great season for Fordham.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Towson wins 37-17. Great season for Fordham.

I have towson winning 38-17.

Then again, I had fordham winning 49-21.

swaghook
November 30th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I've got Towson winning this one.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Towson wins 28-17, looking forward to this game.

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I have towson winning 38-17.

Towson wins 37-17. * Great season for Fordham.

$1, Bob

FordhamFan
November 30th, 2013, 07:16 PM
To quote Tom Brady, "We're only gonna score 17 points...haha, okay"

But seriously, Towson is definitely the favorite in this game, but if they do win, it's going to be more like 38-28 or something closer in the 30s, because I just don't see a Nebrich led Fordham offense scoring less than 28. Only time was back in week 2 when they scored 27 against #8 Villanova.

Gonna be a great game.

RichH2
November 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
TU the probable wnner. Healthy Nebrich Rams will definitely score 28+.

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 08:00 PM
This is a tough, tough matchup for us. Going to need some breaks to go our way. Gonna be fun though

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I wish my Jesuit cousins well, but Towson is legit. They were the one team we lost to (and we lost many) this year, that I knew we had zero chance against right from the start. Size, speed, athleticism etc etc across the board.

Not impossible obviously, and they have lost to a team you defeated, but you are going to have to play very, very well to advance.

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 08:38 PM
and here I thought we were just going to have to play VERY well to advance.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Actually, maybe even wicked pissah well.

It's doable but you'll really have to play near mistake free football....Towson has the material to win the whole enchilada.

Garrett
November 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing..." Vince Lombardi (Fordham Rams, Seven Blocks of Granite)

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
I think Fordham can win this game if they really commit to stopping the run. If Towson is missing two starting WR's, then force them to try and win through the air. West is a great back, but he still needs holes. Winning this game is on the DC to come up with something. I see a O/U of about 75.

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Towson is a great team. They proved against Villanova that they can shoot themselves in the foot though. Like most games, this will be decided by TO differential. I'll pick the over xcoffeex

TigerFen
December 1st, 2013, 06:01 AM
I think Fordham can win this game if they really commit to stopping the run. If Towson is missing two starting WR's, then force them to try and win through the air. West is a great back, but he still needs holes. Winning this game is on the DC to come up with something. I see a O/U of about 75.

They will be out at least one of their Top two receivers. It's been publicly acknowledged he's out for the year. I don't know about the other one. Fordham is 91st in rushing defense in the country. That's going to be a major turnaround in a week for them to contain West. He's only had one game of under 100 yards all season.

Fordham
December 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
There's no way we can contain West, we can only hope to stop him.

... wait a minute. Seriously, he will get his. What is the Towsen playoff record for rushing yards? He's a lock to get it. We will need to be opportunistic with turnovers and special teams and near perfect on O to even have a shot.

What's your D like?

CFBfan
December 1st, 2013, 06:40 AM

FU is not good/good enough on D to do that. Towson will put up a lot of points (i think?)

TigerFen
December 1st, 2013, 06:43 AM

... wait a minute. Seriously, he will get his. What is the Towsen playoff record for rushing yards? He's a lock to get it. We will need to be opportunistic with turnovers and special teams and near perfect on O to even have a shot.

What's your D like?

Our defense has been a little Jekyll and Hyde. It gave up 22 points in 10 minutes to Delaware and then the next week shut out William and Mary in the second half. Our secondary has gotten better, but it was the main reason we lost to Delaware. If our Defense shows, It could be a long day. I still think Nebrich gets at least 21 points on Saturday.

Fordham
December 1st, 2013, 08:14 AM
Fordham has hired the services of Bogie as our professional trash talker, btw. On behalf of the entire Fordham community, we would like to thank him for his services.

FordhamFan
December 1st, 2013, 08:53 AM
No doubt West gets his and gets plenty of it, but Fordham has kind of proved all year long that well, that's okay. We've given up ridiculous amounts of yards to good RBs (St. Francis' Harbridge ran for like 290 or close to it) but they find a way to win.

Turnovers are usually key (duh), Fordham is ranked quite high in turnover margin in the nation. Spence of Sacred Heart fumbled twice, if you give Fordham more possessions, they'll win strictly by scoring too many points. And then simple things like getting out in front early. I know that's why Moorhead always receives if given the chance, when Fordham gets up early, teams have to try and keep up, and then turnovers happen.

Towson is an unbelievably well-rounded team. 10-2 with their schedule is damn impressive. But, I'd argue the highest ranked team that isn't seeded and is still playing is Fordham, and that's for a reason as well. I'm guessing it's going to be a very tight one that turnovers will likely decide.

Engineer86
December 1st, 2013, 09:31 AM
I do not think Fordham will stop Towson much. The question for me is will Towson stop Fordham. If not this has the makings of the 2011 game against LU. The few times I have seen Fordham, they have relied on their offense heavily.

edit: I also agree with an earlier post that Fordham D does force TOs did it yesterday and did it against Lehigh at a key time in the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
Towson is an awesome team that will probably be playing in Frisco. In fact, I'd wager they could run the naked bootleg every play and win the game by double digits. ;)

LehighU11
December 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM

What's your D like?

Since Towson only has one FCS playoff appearance, that would be what T-West gained against Lehigh in 2011: 52 yards.

Fordham can beat Towson if they play a complete game and make a big play (or two). LU had several a couple years ago: a throwback TD pass from our RB, a kickoff targeted at the head of a Towson player that LU recovered, and a game-deciding safety. Their QB Athens is not as good as Enders was, but I expect West to have a much greater presence in this game than he did his freshman year. TU now has a fair amount of big game experience in comparison to 2011.

If Fordham can jump off to an early lead like Stony Brook, UNH, and Nova did this year against the Tigers, they should have a good chance of coming away with a win. A back and forth shootout would probably go to Towson. First to 40 should win.

Fordhamanhattan
December 1st, 2013, 09:57 AM
I have my Rams by 54-34. I know folks (an Obamism) think our defense is weak but they hit hard force fumbles but give up yardage since our hurry up/quick strike offense is on and off the field in a hurry. Biestek, the Williams, Rodriguez are turnover makers. We have a first class kicker and punter plus an array of weapons on offense, four class A sure handed receivers who can block and an all American tight end plus a great offensive line. Never mind a coach who is a great playcaller.

FordhamFan
December 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM
Great point, I'll honestly put Ian Williams and Jordan Chapman against any cornerback tandem in the nation. They are very good. Williams could have easily been an FBS player.

FordhamFan
December 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM
If Fordham can jump off to an early lead like Stony Brook, UNH, and Nova did this year against the Tigers, they should have a good chance of coming away with a win. A back and forth shootout would probably go to Towson.

Ultimately this is what I think will be the case. Early lead for Fordham and Towson is in trouble. If it's close through and through, it might be too much pressure on the Rams' offense to carry the team.

UIWWildthing
December 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
Close game most of the way, with Towson pulling ahead at the end, 38-27

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Should be a great game, regardless of who wins. These Tigers are the ones who remember getting beaten by Lehigh and who got hosed last year, they will not be over looking Fordham. Key for Towson is getting to the QB, and often.
Fordham will not be able to overload the box without any safeties back as you did against Sacred Heart, Kinnard out or not, we have capable WRs to fill in.
If you thought Spence was a handful to deal with, just you wait...

Fordham
December 2nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Turnovers and clutch plays all have to break our way for us to be in this. It really is not a great matchup for us and West will definitely get his. andy, as much as you say that we can't stuff the box (that's what she said), we can't afford to NOT stuff the box (that's what she said). I think you really need to make a choice and say we're going to do our best to not let their best player be the one who beats us (ala Belichek) and deal with the ramifications of that. In your case, it's all West. Our biggest problem is that even loading up the box doesn't stop him. Hopefully it limits him enough and we catch some breaks.

We also have not entirely clicked since mid-season when it comes to drops and some other clutch play imo. Nebrich is an incredible, fiery leader and the kid is just a winner. He's putting the ball in the right spots and we need to make sure we have zero drops in this one. It touches your hands you catch it. Finally, our radio guys said Nebrich indicated his legs were 85% and his arm was 100% last week. That's why he was doing a lot of sliding in the first half on some nice runs. When crunch time hit in the 4th Q, though, he was lowering his shoulder and picking up the extra yards (again, just a gutty winner imo). Hopefully this additional week gets him closer to 100% with his legs as well since his ability to improvise is crucial to us having a shot imo.

We either get manhandled or else keep it close and figure out a way to win in an absolute shootout. No middle ground imo.

Fordham
December 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
wow - just looked at Ambrose's bio (pretty amazing btw). How about the similarities between our two coaches? Wonder how that plays into this game?

Both coached together at UCONN, both were offensive coordinators (I believe our Coach Moorhead took over for Ambrose when he left) and both coaches parlayed that into a return to their alma mater where they both engineered some of the greatest turn-arounds in FCS history.

Rob Ambrose: http://www.towsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=101459&SPID=12497&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21300&ATCLID=3637492&Q_SEASON=2013

Joe Moorhead: http://www.fordhamsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=175

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Turnovers and clutch plays all have to break our way for us to be in this. It really is not a great matchup for us and West will definitely get his. andy, as much as you say that we can't stuff the box (that's what she said), we can't afford to NOT stuff the box (that's what she said). I think you really need to make a choice and say we're going to do our best to not let their best player be the one who beats us (ala Belichek) and deal with the ramifications of that. In your case, it's all West. Our biggest problem is that even loading up the box doesn't stop him. Hopefully it limits him enough and we catch some breaks.

We also have not entirely clicked since mid-season when it comes to drops and some other clutch play imo. Nebrich is an incredible, fiery leader and the kid is just a winner. He's putting the ball in the right spots and we need to make sure we have zero drops in this one. It touches your hands you catch it. Finally, our radio guys said Nebrich indicated his legs were 85% and his arm was 100% last week. That's why he was doing a lot of sliding in the first half on some nice runs. When crunch time hit in the 4th Q, though, he was lowering his shoulder and picking up the extra yards (again, just a gutty winner imo). Hopefully this additional week gets him closer to 100% with his legs as well since his ability to improvise is crucial to us having a shot imo.

We either get manhandled or else keep it close and figure out a way to win in an absolute shootout. No middle ground imo.

I heard that Nebrich was limping somewhat in the Sacred Heart game. If so that's a good thing for Towson, as the mobile Qbs are the ones that give us fits. I'm hoping for a great game. Any of you Fordham fans coming down? Come over to Lot 21 and say hi!

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
wow - just looked at Ambrose's bio (pretty amazing btw). How about the similarities between our two coaches? Wonder how that plays into this game?

Both coached together at UCONN, both were offensive coordinators (I believe our Coach Moorhead took over for Ambrose when he left) and both coaches parlayed that into a return to their alma mater where they both engineered some of the greatest turn-arounds in FCS history.

Rob Ambrose: http://www.towsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=101459&SPID=12497&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=21300&ATCLID=3637492&Q_SEASON=2013

Joe Moorhead: http://www.fordhamsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=175

Yeah. I heard Ambrose on the radio last Wednesday talking about them being on Edsalls staff together. Ambrose was one class ahead of me at Towson, but he broke his hip the Spring before his senior season, so he was a GA coach for us my junior and senior years. He loves to throw the ball, but given the senior laiden O-line and West, he ain't no dummy.

ace93
December 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
I heard that Nebrich was limping somewhat in the Sacred Heart game. If so that's a good thing for Towson, as the mobile Qbs are the ones that give us fits. I'm hoping for a great game. Any of you Fordham fans coming down? Come over to Lot 21 and say hi!

For the first time in the 6.5 years since I moved to Timonium am I happy with the move! Very excited to be only 7 miles from Johnny U. We will have a nice contingent in the lot tailgating. Hopefully we manage to stick together and not end up all spread out.

I saw Nebrich post-game on Saturday and he assured me he was fine. He likely was a little sore, but I don't think it will slow him down much on Saturday.

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
For the first time in the 6.5 years since I moved to Timonium am I happy with the move! Very excited to be only 7 miles from Johnny U. We will have a nice contingent in the lot tailgating. Hopefully we manage to stick together and not end up all spread out.

I saw Nebrich post-game on Saturday and he assured me he was fine. He likely was a little sore, but I don't think it will slow him down much on Saturday.
If you requested visitor seating, you should all be together.

ace93
December 2nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
If you requested visitor seating, you should all be together.

I meant for the tailgating.

As for tickets Fordham fans have been instructed to ask for seats in section 103. Has to be done by phone as those are not available online.

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
I meant for the tailgating.

As for tickets Fordham fans have been instructed to ask for seats in section 103. Has to be done by phone as those are not available online.

What lot is your parking pass for? Recently visitor parking is relagated to the parking lot over by the Union Garage. But I am not sure about playoffs. 13 is usually studnets, 14 is for Tiger Club and Alumni while 21 is for everyone else on a first come first served, no pass required(with except to Homecoming). If I am alone, I park in the Union garage and walk over to 14 or 21. I'm bringing the whole family, so I'll be in 21. We're not an unfriendly crowd, but I understand wanting to be with your fans.

TU Tiger Town
December 2nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
I think the Tigers will be able to pull this one out but it'll be a tough one, competent passing teams have been our weakness this year. Hopefully they can get T-West going because I'm not too confident about Athens ability to compete in a shoot out and not turn the ball over.

ace93
December 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
What lot is your parking pass for? Recently visitor parking is relagated to the parking lot over by the Union Garage. But I am not sure about playoffs. 13 is usually studnets, 14 is for Tiger Club and Alumni while 21 is for everyone else on a first come first served, no pass required(with except to Homecoming). If I am alone, I park in the Union garage and walk over to 14 or 21. I'm bringing the whole family, so I'll be in 21. We're not an unfriendly crowd, but I understand wanting to be with your fans.

I don't have a parking pass. Most likely means I end up in Lot 21, though 13 would be more convenient for the section we will be in once in the stadium.

TU Tiger Town
December 2nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
I don't have a parking pass. Most likely means I end up in Lot 21, though 13 would be more convenient for the section we will be in once in the stadium.

Visitors park in Lot 13 all the time, as long as you don't arrive too long after the lots open you should be able to get a spot there. Either way 21 isn't a far walk from the visitors side (there's a path around the east end zone).

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Hey Mr.C! You coming to this game!?!

JimboCBA72
December 2nd, 2013, 01:38 PM

Nebrich's right knee is the one that he has had issues with but it was his left leg that he was limping on vs SHU. I think it was an ankle and as the game went on it appeared to be less and less of an issue. I only saw TU vs Villanova and obviously early TOs put you in catch up mode the entire game. Probably accounts for why West rushed for such relatively little yardage. However, based on what I saw TU looked big across both fronts with size and speed at LBer. Other than Temple (which I did watch on ESPN) and G-Town I have attended every Ram this season. Our offense with Nebrich is for real and if given time he will put some points on the board. As others have noted, our d has had games where RBs have put up some pretty gaudy numbers. But the SFU back got most of his yardage on 3 big runs and the kid from SHU got his on two. Other than that, they did a respectable job. I am not looking at the d through 'rose-hill' colored glasses. This unit, especially the front four, is the weakest one on the team. However, they have stepped up big on more than a few occasions this year and made plays at critical junctures in games. If they can do the same this week then I think we have a chance to pull off the upset. It will be a tall order for sure but this team has given us too many moments this year to stop believing now

Stick
December 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Nebrich started limping during SH after being hit on a passing play after releasing the ball. It did not appear to be serious as Jimbo mentioned because he wasn't limping later in the game, and he ran hard when needed in the 4th quarter. I am not worried about the limp, and am even less worried since ace93 heard from Nebrich himself that he is fine.

I think Fordham will have to stack the box and try to stop the run as much as we can. The big problem is the Towson OL. I would try to make Towson pass as much as possible because Fordham makes plays in the secondary and I think it's our only chance to get some stops. If we don't stack the box Towson will run at will. Either way, the Towson D will have their hands full with our offense. I think this will be a close game.

andy7171
December 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Good info fellas!

FordhamFan
December 2nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Hearing from Towson people that they have trouble with passing teams is getting me giddy. Obviously it's all relative because Towson is a great overall team, but Fordham abuses teams that can't cover. Fordham will have a game plan that takes advantage of a weak secondary and takes advantage to the fullest.

I genuinely think so long as Fordham doesn't turn the ball over, it will be a one possession game until the very end, with a big play here or there deciding the winner.

UIWWildthing
December 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Weather for gametime looks like it'll be decent in the 40's a little wind and no rain ro snow. Good football weather!

Fordham
December 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
that would be GREAT! Our passing game doesn't need rain or snow falling!

TU Tiger Town
December 2nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
that would be GREAT! Our passing game doesn't need rain or snow falling!

I should want good running game weather but that will not due for a three hour tailgate, the cold wind alone at the JMU game 2 weeks ago was bad enough.

Mr. C
December 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hey Mr.C! You coming to this game!?!
Just got an email that my credentials are in the mail this morning. Hoping that I might be able to join the travel party as I've done in the past for a possible trip to Eastern Illinois.

ace93
December 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Just got an email that my credentials are in the mail this morning. Hoping that I might be able to join the travel party as I've done in the past for a possible trip to Eastern Illinois.

That would be cool. Us Fordham fans travel well for big games. ;)

andy7171
December 3rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Well if you get a chance to wander the parking lots before hand, be should to look for me and say hi!

andy7171
December 3rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
That would be cool. Us Fordham fans travel well for big games. ;)
Hope so! I'm thinking we are going to pack it. Weather looks like it'll be nice. Unlike the JMU game. My core temp is still way down!

Mr. C
December 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Well if you get a chance to wander the parking lots before hand, be should to look for me and say hi!
I would love to chat with you before the game, Andy. PM me with your cell number.

Fordham
December 3rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
I would love to chat with you before the game, Andy. PM me with your cell number.
HEY!!!

I posted to you during our SH game to meet up for a beer after the game!! Why the East Coast bias?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Andy - good luck to the Tigers on Saturday! You've cheered JMU on from time to time, so I am more than happy to return the favor! Represent the CAA well this weekend!

TigerFen
December 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Got a feeling on this. I think Towson wins this game in a lower scoring affair than most think it would be. I'm thinking 31-21 Towson on this front. Nebrich gets two or three touchdowns, but I think he gets two Turnovers to match it. West goes off for 150 plus yards rushing and two touchdowns. West has racked up 1865 yards while getting plenty of rest by using Darius Victor.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
Fordham 34, Towson 21, because we all know how the Tigers struggle with Patriot League champions :D

andy7171
December 3rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
HEY!!!

I posted to you during our SH game to meet up for a beer after the game!! Why the East Coast bias?

You have to be in the 10K Club! :D

andy7171
December 3rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Fordham 34, Towson 21, because we all know how the Tigers struggle with Patriot League champions :D

Only if a Ram WR start ranting with racial epithets!xlolxxthumbsupx

TU Tiger Town
December 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Key to Towson win = avoiding the safety!

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2013, 07:56 AM
This is a tough, tough matchup for us. Going to need some breaks to go our way. Gonna be fun though

Towson will find a way to give you some breaks...

Fordham
December 4th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Towson will find a way to give you some breaks...

what makes you say that?

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM
what makes you say that?

check out how they blew the Delaware game, if you go down early don't get to worried, they will let you make a ballgame of it before it's over

JimboCBA72
December 4th, 2013, 08:34 AM
check out how they blew the Delaware game, if you go down early don't get to worried, they will let you make a ballgame of it before it's over

Your lips to God's ears:)

Lehigh'98
December 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM

See also 1st qtr of Villanova game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Will Towson be entering with the "Championship Belt"?

Fordham
December 4th, 2013, 12:03 PM

appreciate the thought but there is zero chance I'll be telling myself not to worry about it if we get down early. actually, i may say that to myself there's just zero chance it has an effect.

TU Tiger Town
December 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
appreciate the thought but there is zero chance I'll be telling myself not to worry about it if we get down early. actually, i may say that to myself there's just zero chance it has an effect.

I think our opponents scored first in the majority of our games, even the ones we ended up winning by 30+ (at least it seemed that way!). So you might only have to start you worrying in the 2nd Q. xthumbsupx

Fordham
December 4th, 2013, 12:42 PM
If we're winning in the 1st half, I should be worried.

If we're losing in the 1st half, I should be relaxed.

Got it.

TigerFen
December 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Will Towson be entering with the "Championship Belt"?

We didn't win the CAA, so I don't think we'll be that outlandish. Loving the smack from Lehigh fans though.

Fordham
December 5th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Game Notes:

http://fordhamsports.com/documents/2013/12/4/Ford-TowsonGameNotes.pdf (http://fordhamsports.com/documents/2013/12/4/Ford-TowsonGameNotes.pdf)

Interesting

If junior quarterback Mike Nebrich throws for at least 14 yards on Saturday, he will surpass the 4,000-yard mark on the season and give Fordham what is believed to be an NCAA first: a 4,000-yard passer, three 1,000-yard receivers (Sam Ajala, Tebucky Jones, Jr. and Brian Wetzel) and a 1,000-yard rusher (Carlton Koonce)

TU Tiger Town
December 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM
That is a pretty nice newsletter, do they produce a similar one for every game?

ace93
December 5th, 2013, 10:10 AM
That is a pretty nice newsletter, do they produce a similar one for every game?

Similar, yes. In fact, very similar to the extent that chunks are repeated week-to-week (and I don't mean that as a bad thing).

Here is the one for Sacred Heart, for instance:
http://www.fordhamsports.com/documents/2013/11/27/Ford-SHUGameNotes.pdf

Holy Cross:
http://fordhamsports.com/documents/2013/10/29/Ford-HCGameNotes.pdf

TUTigers
December 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not as confident as everyone else. Good passing teams usually have their way with us. If I'm Fordham, I throw all day on offense and I put 9 men in the box on defense and force Peter Athens to step up and make plays.

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not as confident as everyone else. Good passing teams usually have their way with us. If I'm Fordham, I throw all day on offense and I put 9 men in the box on defense and force Peter Athens to step up and make plays.

I believe this will be the gameplan. I fully expect Moorhead to call for a lot of shots down field and make Athens throw. That doesn't mean West will be shut down, because he won't be, but I think Fordham makes Athens beat them.

Fordham
December 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
No question that this is what we're going to do, TU. Keep in mind that good running teams usually have their way with us as well. It seems that both of our irresistible forces will be meeting both of our movable objects. Will be interesting to see which one holds up at the end.

State Line Liquors
December 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Terrance West is the best running back in the country by a significant margin. Barring a miracle of idiocy by Ambrose, you'll need to slow West down to win.

TU Tiger Town
December 5th, 2013, 01:34 PM

This definitely worries me considering Athens is prone to make some throws to the opposing team. But at the same time isn't this the same game plan that every team would have use against us? And we were 10-2 against that plan.

FordhamFan
December 5th, 2013, 05:27 PM
This definitely worries me considering Athens is prone to make some throws to the opposing team. But at the same time isn't this the same game plan that every team would have use against us? And we were 10-2 against that plan.

Very good point, but I like to think Fordham being tops in the nation in terms of turnovers means they might be a little better at seizing the opportunities.

Also, I know Fordham will have their hands filled with West, obviously he is a god damn machine, but why isn't anybody talking about Towson having to stop Fordham's offense? I think the Tigers need to worry about handling six dynamic players on the offensive side.

Bogus Megapardus
December 5th, 2013, 06:17 PM
FCS Round 2 Sportsbook:

Towson (-11) vs Fordham o/u 63

Maine (-3½) vs New Hampshire o/u 55

Eastern Illinois (22½) vs Tennessee State o/u 57½

Montana (-7) vs Coastal Carolina o/u 73½

North Dakota State (-29½) vs Furman o/u 47

Eastern Washington (-6) vs South Dakota State o/u 64½

McNeese (-7½) vs Jacksonville State o/u 65

Southeastern Louisiana (-7½) vs Sam Houston o/u 67

UIWWildthing
December 5th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Very good point, but I like to think Fordham being tops in the nation in terms of turnovers means they might be a little better at seizing the opportunities.

Also, I know Fordham will have their hands filled with West, obviously he is a god damn machine, but why isn't anybody talking about Towson having to stop Fordham's offense? I think the Tigers need to worry about handling six dynamic players on the offensive side.
Fordham's offense has been pretty impressive all season. I think the game comes down to if Towson limits mistakes, if they do I think the Tigers win it with their talent.

DoubleH
December 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM

And really should have been 11-1, perhaps even 12-0.

Both teams will put points on the board, but as long as the defensive game plan is sound (a big if with our D coordinator), we will get more stops. The Towson D is consistently undersold because I believe we've been out-schemed on multiple occasions, but talent-wise the unit is stacked.

Now if we pull a Villanova and hand the Rams the ball 3 or four times, all bets are off, but I think our D will perform better than most expect.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I ain't a betting man, but Fordham +11 is easy money.

TU Tiger Town
December 6th, 2013, 08:42 AM
FCS Round 2 Sportsbook:

Towson (-11) vs Fordham o/u 63

Maine (-3½) vs New Hampshire o/u 55

Eastern Illinois (22½) vs Tennessee State o/u 57½

Montana (-7) vs Coastal Carolina o/u 73½

North Dakota State (-29½) vs Furman o/u 47

Eastern Washington (-6) vs South Dakota State o/u 64½

McNeese (-7½) vs Jacksonville State o/u 65

Southeastern Louisiana (-7½) vs Sam Houston o/u 67

I'd take the Over and the Points on this game, expecting it to be a closer W for TU then 11.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2013, 03:39 PM
If any of you are Barstool Sports readers, you know that NYC blogger KFC is a Fordham alum and has been following the Rams pretty closely this season. Looks like he is having a gathering at Rathbones on Saturday.

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/fordham-rolls-into-towson-tomorrow-for-round-2-of-the-fcs-playoffs/

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I ain't a betting man, but Fordham +11 is easy money.

Agreed. The Rams win outright.

TigerFen
December 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM
If your going to be at the game, I will be wearing a old school #57 Towson Practice Jersey (got it for $10 when they were getting rid of Jersey's a couple of years ago) and Purple and black Winter coat. I should be there sometime around 10:30 or so looking for to talk the game with folks.

R3TRO
December 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I didn't really see much from Fordham vs. SHU. I can see this being another CAA vs. PL blowout. I don't think this game is close. Towson rolls.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Towson rolls over.

agree

R3TRO
December 7th, 2013, 11:23 AM
agree

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Closing in on game time on a brisk, but not too cold day. It is cloudy, but we are not expecting any rain (it rained a bunch yesterday). Should be good conditions for both teams. A lot of folks are still roaming around in the tailgate areas and having fun. I just met Andy7171 and his beautiful family a few minutes ago. Looking forward to what could be the game of the day in FCS.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Go Rams!!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Just got a pat on the back from K.C. Keeler, who is trying to warm up with some hot coffee before going up in the open air booth for the ESPN3 broadcast. "I had a friend tell me this week 'You're going to love Towson's press box.' I'm asking ESPN for combat pay," K.C. said.

UIWWildthing
December 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Almost gametime!! Mr. C, youa re lucky you get a break from the weather, rained all day yesterday and going to be a mess of snow and ice tomorrow

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Just got a pat on the back from K.C. Keeler, who is trying to warm up with some hot coffee before going up in the open air booth for the ESPN3 broadcast. "I had a friend tell me this week 'You're going to love Towson's press box.' I'm asking ESPN for combat pay," K.C. said.
I might be poolside, but still no ESPN3 access, oh the pain

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I might be poolside, but still no ESPN3 access, oh the pain
We willl keep you up to date on everything.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
They just completed the national anthem and it's about eight minutes to game time.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
With wind chill it is 33 degrees. It is 10 degrees at Eastern Washington and minus-4 at Montana today. 33 degrees temperature-wise in Orono, Maine.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
They are doing their clever comic-book super-hero-like opening on the Towson big screen before the Tigers take the field.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Fireworks in the daytime are set off as Towson takes the field.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Captains are on the field for the coin toss. Towson won the toss and deferred to the second half. If Fordham had won, the Rams would have taken the ball first.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Gotta love the way the broadcast opens!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:04 PM
One bad thing for Towson, starting off. NFL-caliber CB Tye Smith is not starting and Ryan Mays is replacing him. Smith is supposedly available.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Crowd is considerably smaller than Towson's last playoff game :D

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
The kick from D.J. Soven goes 5 yards deep and Jorge Solano downs it there. Fordham will start at the 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Backwards pass to an in-motion Solano for 5 yards on the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich gets pressure and overthrows Carlton Koonce in the flat. 3rd down.

- - - Updated - - -

Twins both sides, almost intercepted by SS Donell Lewis on a Nebrich pass to Wetzel. 4th down.

- - - Updated - - -

Good coverage on the Pavlik punt of 37 yards and Towson has it on the Tiger 33. 14:26 left in the first period.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Here comes the test, can the Fordham DL hold down the fort....

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Offset I and Terrance West bangs off-tackle for 4 to the right. 2nd and 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Stretch play to the left and West finds room to the 44 for the first down. Good vision.

- - - Updated - - -

Pete Athens holds the ball too long, is indecisive and is sack for no yards. 2nd and 10.

- - - Updated - - -

West sweeps outside right and gets 5 yards on the stretch play. 3rd and 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Trips left, nice catch for Brian Dowling and a first down at the Fordham 42.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Fordham is getting gashed left and right.

Mr. C
Darius Victor attacks the Fordham d-line and bounces it straight up the middle to the 32.

Twentysix
Towson to the 5.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Athens floats the ball for a 26-yard completion to Dessenberg to the 6. West for 3 to the 3 inside.

- - - Updated - - -

Offset, double TE with a wing for West, who powers to the one. 3rd and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Stacked-I and West is hit in the backfield and is stopped at the 1.

Twentysix
Fordham holds to 4th down, but Towson may go for it.

Mr. C
Towson going for it.

Twentysix
TD Towson. 6-0 XP pending.

Fordham held the ball for 25 seconds. Towson had the ball for nearly 6 minutes.

9:00 remains in the first qtr.

UIWWildthing
December 7th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Touchdown Tigers!!!

Mr. C
West slams into the end zone. 7th TD for Towson on a fourth-down play this season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
That took some guts....

At least Fordham made them work for it. The Rams now need to put together a decent drive....

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM
That took some guts....

At least Fordham made them work for it. The Rams now need to put together a decent drive....

Indeed, Fordham needs a little more TOP, or their D is going to get gassed really quick.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Low snap, but Evangelista gets the PAT through.

Towson 7, Fordham 0, 8:59 left in the first period. Second time in the last nine games that Towson has scored first.

11 plays, 67 yards, 5:27 on the drive

West 1-yard TD run

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Solano takes the kickoff at the 2 and returns it to the 29. Nice spin and run.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Get Koonce involved!!

Nebrich looks too amped up...

Mr. C
Trips right for Fordham, Nebrich misfires to Wetzel.

Twentysix
Fordham throws the ball at the ground on the first play.

- - - Updated - - -

Screen pass for a loss.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Bubble screen to Tebucky Jones, Jr. is well defended for zero yards. 3rd and 10.

- - - Updated - - -

A pass sails, but Ajala brings it in at the Fordham 46 for 17 yards and a first down.

Twentysix
First down through the air.

Mr. C
Swing pass to Koonce is dropped.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
short pass, off the fingertips of fordhams reciever. 2nd 10.

Bogus Megapardus
I fear that the Maryland State Normal School will have its way with the St. John's Seminary all afternoon. Let's go, Rams!

Mr. C
Nebrich pass inside to Ajala to the Towson 48. 3rd and 4.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:22 PM
completion brings up 3rd and 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Another first down for fordham.

Mr. C
Nebrich hangs in on a hit by Monte Gaddis on the blitz and gets a first down to Wetzel.

Twentysix
Good hit on Nebrich, making him earn that first down.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Nebrich to TE Light for 9. 2nd and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Good hit on Nebrich, making him earn that first down.
You realize that someone else is actually in the press box here?

Go Lehigh TU owl
Fordham OL is doing a good job.

Twentysix
3rd and 1.

Mr. C
No gain on a run for Koonce. 3rd and 1.

Twentysix
Nebrich to TE Light for 9. 2nd and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that someone else is actually in the press box here?

Lol am I bothering you? Do you have a monopoly on posts no one reads?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Bubble screen for the first down to Jones at the 21 as Fordham is in jet tempo.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol am I bothering you? Do you have a monopoly on posts no one reads?
It's just some of your stuff isn't even accurate.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Fordham with another short completion, 2nd and 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Bubble screen for the first down to Jones at the 21 as Fordham is in jet tempo.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just some of your stuff isn't even accurate.

Lol k. You're jelly, I get it.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Jones a bubble screen to the other side to the 19, Nebrich scrambles for 4 to the 14. 3rd and 4.

Twentysix
First down fordham! Nice stretch after contact.

Mr. C
Nebrich passes across the field to the 9 to Jones for a first and goal.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM
TD Fordham! 7-6 XP pending.

CPrice91
Nice throw/catch!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Great pass and catch! That's how you respond!!

Mr. C
Nebrich fakes the zone read to Koonce and hits Solano on the 9-yard fade in the back of the end zone for the TD.

Vooter
Touchdown, Rams...

Mr. C
The play is under review.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Fordham got their D a well deserved rest with this long drive and score!

Mr. C
The call should stand.

Twentysix
He juggled it

- - - Updated - - -

The call should stand.

It was certainly juggled after he came down.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Towson is hoping the replay is called a bobble.

- - - Updated - - -

TD

Twentysix
Refs call it a TD!

- - - Updated - - -

XP good tie game 7 all. Fordham with a nice long 5 min drive.

Mr. C
Towson 7, Fordham 7

3:48 left

13 plays, 71 yards, 5:04 on the drive

Nebrich 9 yard pass to Solano

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I don't think he bobbled it. I think he had it chicken-winged in his right arm and is arm was flailing around as he hit the ground.....

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I don't think he bobbled it. I think he had it chicken-winged in his right arm and is arm was flailing around as he hit the ground.....

Looked like their was light between the ball and his hand on the replay. Doesn't really matter though, it's in the books.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
We willl keep you up to date on everything.
appreciated, I heard KC putting in some KC plugs...

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Towson with a big return past the 35.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joseph gets the ball at the 10, finds a seam for 26 yards to the TU 36, almost broke it.

- - - Updated - - -

West is strung out and stopped for zero.

- - - Updated - - -

I set, West goes to the 38 for 2. 3rd and 8.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Huge pass by Towson!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Double slot, Athens is hit, but gets the ball on a crossing route to Joseph, who runs to the Fordham 39. 23 yards on the play.

- - - Updated - - -

Illegal substitution on Fordham. 2nd and 5 from the FU 34.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
ESPN announcers giving MEAC refs props.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Play action and a flag route to Dessenberg is well covered by Ian Williams and incomplete in man coverage.

- - - Updated - - -

A holding call will wipe out West's run to the 16. Pretty obvious call.

dwtime
December 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
didn't see holding there.....

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:37 PM
MEAC officials. Oh, my.

Towson at the Ram 44. Victor runs to the 36 on the draw. 3rd and 15 after an 8-yard run.

- - - Updated - - -

Victor rumbles to the 32. 4th and 3.

- - - Updated - - -

End of the first quarter

Towson 7, Fordham 7

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Another big 4th down coming up! Rams look good! Towson RB duo is pretty scary. Both have NFL bodies...

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
didn't see holding there.....
Any time some gets taken down, it is called holding in modern football. It was pretty obvious from the press box.

- - - Updated - - -

Another big 4th down coming up! Rams look good! Towson RB duo is pretty scary. Both have NFL bodies...
Terrance West is head-and-shoulders better than ANY running back in FCS.

dwtime
If Fordham can keep scoring should be a good one, with alot of scoring.

Twentysix
Any time some gets taken down, it is called holding in modern football. It was pretty obvious from the press box.

It was off camera, which could be what dwtime is talking about.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Towson is 20-of-28 on fourth-down conversions.

- - - Updated - - -

Fullhouse backfield, Athens rolls out and hits TE James Oboh for a 32-yard TD pass play.

- - - Updated - - -

Towson 14, Fordham 7, 14:53

Go Lehigh TU owl
Always a great play call if ya got the guts....

Mr. C
7 plays, 64 yards, 3:49 on the drive

Pete Athens 32 yard pass to James Oboh on the score

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Both TD's have come on 4th down. Rams D playing tough but Towson is making plays when they absolutely have to...

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Fordham 16 plays, 76 yards
Towson 17 plays, 104 yards
First period stats

- - - Updated - - -

Both TD's have come on 4th down. Rams D playing tough but Towson is making plays when they absolutely have to...
That is typical Towson offense.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Outside of Villanova and Penn, these are the two teams I've seen the most this season and in Towson's case the past several seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Solano misplays the kickoff, it takes a weird hop at the 9 and he returns it to the Ram 37.

- - - Updated - - -

Great one-handed catch by Wetzel to the Towson 46.

- - - Updated - - -

Tunnel screen is dropped by Ajala, it was well-covered anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich runs to the sideline and gets to the 42. 3rd and 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Double slot, ball goes off Koonce's hands dangerously in the middle on a circle route. 4th and 6 at the 42.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Fordham needs some balance. I know I sound like a broken record but give Koonce the ball....

Now Fordham's defense needs a stop!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Nebrich dumps the ball on play action to Light, but Carpenter makes a big tackle to stop Light a yard short of a first down.

dwtime
Didn't like the play call there, nice stop by Towson.

Mr. C
Fordham needs some balance. I know I sound like a broken record but give Koonce the ball....

Now Fordham's defense needs a stop!
Actually, Koonce hasn't looked good. He hasn't had holes running the ball and has two drops already on passes.

Sader87
December 7th, 2013, 12:51 PM
FU needs a stop here or this game gets out of hand....

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:52 PM
West on the draw to the 42, 2nd and 5.

- - - Updated - - -

West gest outside to the Fordham 48. 1st down on the 10-yard run.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Actually, Koonce hasn't looked good. He hasn't had holes running the ball and has two drops already on passes.

He started slow last week but ended up with a really good game. Fordham isn't going anywhere being this pass happy....

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM
West is hit hard, bounces off and gets to the Ram 41. 7 yards. 2nd and 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Rodriguez is helped off the field for Fordham. He took a shot from West.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice set up on the screen and Athens goes for 41 yards to Victor for the TD. Great run after catch.

CPrice91
Well then, this one may turn into UNH v. Lafayette part 2...

Vooter
Ruh-roh...

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD Towson...

This one might get out of hand. Rams can't stop Towson and no balance on offense.....

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Towson 21, Fordham 7, 12:12 left in the second period.

4 plays, 63 yards, 1:31 on the drive

Peter Athens 41 yard pass to Darius Victor

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
He started slow last week but ended up with a really good game. Fordham isn't going anywhere being this pass happy....
Koonce had slow starts in a couple of other games, I've seen this season, too. Pass defense has been Towson's biggest trouble this season.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Jeesh, I take a shower for 5 minutes and Towson goes up 21-7?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Solano runs from the 11 to the 20, goes backwards and is stopped at the 11. Bad return as he tried to do too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich QB draw to the 14.

- - - Updated - - -

Twins both sides, Nebrich misses Koonce in the middle. 3rd and 7. Towson had 8 players in coverage.

Twentysix
Well, time to head up to the dome, best of luck to both teams. May Towson scores another 17, and Fordham 10 more, so that my prediction comes true. Of course that looks like it could be pretty low.

Go Lehigh TU owl
#96 for Towson looks about 400 lbs!

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Big sack on 3rd and 7. Only sent 3..

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
3-man rush for Towson, Nebrich is sacked by DE Brendon Gannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Dowling runs 49 yards for the TD punt return. Two flags are down.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Jesus, I get up again for 10 seconds and come back to Towson running in a TD....

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:02 PM
MEAC officials look confused. Offsetting penalties for illegal formation (Fordham) and holding (Towson).

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Here comes the second punt. Pavlik punts to the TU 38. Navassa Brown clobbered him in the end zone. Roughing the punter and a first-down for Fordham.

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham ball at the Ram 22.

- - - Updated - - -

Deep out for 10 for Ajala. Nice throw.

- - - Updated - - -

Koonce stuttered through the line on the zone read play to the 36. 2nd and 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich finds Koonce in tight coverage to the 41. 3rd and 1 on the 7-yard play.

- - - Updated - - -

Check off late for Fordham, zone read in the middle to Koonce to the 43. 1st down.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich quick release to Light to the 47. Koonce zone play to the Towson 43 for the first down.

Vooter
December 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Jesus, I get up again for 10 seconds and come back to Towson running in a TD....

Moo.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Nebrich hitch pass to Jones to the 40. Good tackling.

Vooter
December 7th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Touchdown, Rams...

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Nebrich scrambles to the 38. Face mask on Towson will make it a first down to the Tiger 23. Arnold Farmer on the penalty.

Nebrich finds a surprisingly open Ajala at the flag for the 23-yard TD pass.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
TD Rams!!

Koonce had some nice runs and Ajala was wide open!

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Ajala's 13th TD of the season

12 plays, 89 yards, 5:32 on the drive

Michael Nebrich 23 yard pass to Sam Ajala

Towson 21, Fordham 14, 6:32 left in the first half

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
What a turn of events on three major penalties on Towson. Instead of it being 28-7 Towson, it is 21-14.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
TD Rams!!

Koonce had some nice runs and Ajala was wide open!

Fordham had something schemed on that play. Ajala was totally forgotten on that coverage. How cn you do that against a guy with 13 TDs and over 1,000 yards receiving?

- - - Updated - - -

Dowling returns the kick to the TU 37.

- - - Updated - - -

West is hit in the backfield and dropped by Slate at the 33. 2nd and 14.

- - - Updated - - -

Twins both sides, Athens floats the ball and Frazier is drilled for a pass breakup by SS Jake Dixon.

- - - Updated - - -

3rd and long. Athens does his best Fran Tarkington impression and completes a pass at the Towson 37. 4th and 10.

- - - Updated - - -

First punt for Jake Schuke sails for 44 yards to the Ram 19 where it is downed. 4:59 left in the half.

- - - Updated - - -

Backward pass to Solano is fumbled and recovered for a 15-yard loss to the 4.

- - - Updated - - -

2nd and 25, Nebrich fires over Solano on purpose to avoid pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

3rd and 25, 8 men in coverage, Nebrich scrambles to the 5. 4th and 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham has struggled with its o-line play today.

Vooter
December 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Towson fumble...Fordham ball at midfield...

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Dowling fair catches at the FU 49, fumbles and Jake Dixon is on it for the Rams at the TU 47.

- - - Updated - - -

Koonce on the draw to the 45. 2nd and 8.

Bison56
December 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Wow sloppy play by Towson.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Audible to trips left. clear out to Light to the TU 40. Same play as the one Towson stopped on fourth down earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

On 3rd and 3, Nebrich with the nice QB draw to the TU 34. 1:53 left on the clock.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich takes off after play fakes and gets to the 30. 2nd and 6. 1:13 left.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Nebrich fakes to Koonce, counters and is stopped for a 2-yard loss. 3rd and 6 for Fordham, which takes a time out (the Rams' first) with 53 seconds left in the half.

- - - Updated - - -

False start out of the time out on Fordham. 3rd and 13 from the TU 37.

- - - Updated - - -

Shovel pass to Koonce is dropped. 3rd drop today on passes for Koonce.

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham runs the clock down to 49 seconds, calls a time out and will punt.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow sloppy play by Towson.
Towson's biggest weakness can be turnovers. Fordham is great at taking advantage of them.

- - - Updated - - -

TD Fordham's Ajala

Vooter
December 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Touchdown, Rams! LOL...

superman7515
Wow. The secondary with an epic fail there.

CPrice91
I am pleasantly surprised at the Rams responding. Go Fordham, nice!

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I was getting ready to turn off the TV at 7-21 when it looked like Towson had a punt return to the 3 yard line before the penalties forced a re-kick and now it's tied at 21 in the final minute of the 1st half.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Free safety breakdown as he follows Koonce deep down the middle and Ajala is wide open in the left side of the end zone.

7 plays, 47 yards, 2:39 on the drive.

Towson 21, Fordham 21, 41 seconds left in the half

Total offense: Towson 199 yards, Fordham 198 yards

- - - Updated - - -

Onside kick recovered by Fordham

Vooter
Towson turnover on the kickoff...Fordham ball!

CPrice91
xlolx

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Fordham at the FU 47. The ball went off Walt Dunston's back and Marco Fragnito recovered.

Ajala from Nebrich on the sideline at the TU 38.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Nebrich is hit and gets the ball to TE Light to the 33. Nebrich spikes it at the 33. 3rd and 5 with 11 seconds left.

Nebrich QB draw for 9 to the 24 with five seconds left.

Fordham
December 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Wow - we did not play well. Can't believe we're in it like this. Gutsy playing when we've needed it and that roughing the kicker was huge!

Go Rams!

Mr. C
Fordham used its last time out. Field goal unit is on for a 41-yard field goal attempt.

caribbeanhen
Towson secondary looking like Delaware here

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Time out for Towson. 2 left for the Tigers.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Wide left for Michael Morando on the field goal attempt with little wind when it was kicked.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Just missed it! Even so, great finish to the half for Fordham!

Vooter
Fordham misses the 41-yard FG, 21-21 at the half...

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Morando was 19-of-24 on field goals coming into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Towson 21, Fordham 21 at halftime.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Watching Coastal Carolina hold it own with Montana early. 14-14.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Fordham is teeing the ball up for the second-half kickoff.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Short kick to around the 15 and Joseph is bottled up at the TU 24. Towson has 116 points in the third period this year.

West to the 25. 2nd and 9.

- - - Updated - - -

West on the draw is stopped at the 25. 3rd and 9.

- - - Updated - - -

Athens barely gets off the screen pass to West on a hit, but it goes for 29 yards to the Ram 46.

- - - Updated - - -

Waggle route deep to Dessenberg for the 46-yard TD.

Vooter
December 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Touchdown, Tigers...

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Pass interference is declined.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Towson 28, Fordham 21, 13:05 left in the third period

4 plays, 76 yards, 1:55 on the drive

Peter Athens 46 yard pass to Andre Dessenberg

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Wow, nice catch. JUST joined this game after modem registration issues... how has Fordham looked so far? Lucky scores?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Solano big return to the Fordham 47 on a 41-yard return. He is frustrated and beating his hands on the ground after slipping.

- - - Updated - - -

Nebrich under pressure throws just past defenders incomplete. Koonce 2nd down run to the TU 48. 3rd and 5.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Nice stop route for Light and timing pass from Nebrich to the TU 41 for the 1st down.

Stretch run for Koonce to the 43, minus-2. Clark and Gaddis on the tackles.

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Yards: T 275, F 239

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! Laser ... crossed midfield, FG range

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Nice throw and catch Nebrich to Wetzel to the TU 29. 1st down. Koonce runs outside to the 28. Clark on the tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

Crossing route to Light for 13 to the TU 15. Flag is down.

- - - Updated - - -

Personal foul on Fordham after the play. 1st down for Fordham and 10 at the 30.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
FU TE is having a really good game..

Bad penalty....

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM
WTF!!! BS penalty leads to this...

Mr. C
Bad snap by Fordham is recovered by Towson's Alexander DiSanzo at the TU 46.

Vooter
Fumble Nebrich, Towson ball... xsmhx

Go Lehigh TU owl
Ugh...those were two huge mistakes in row by Fordham..

Can't allow Towson to score a TD....

Fordham
Wow, nice catch. JUST joined this game after modem registration issues... how has Fordham looked so far? Lucky scores?
All scores were legit.

The one break we caught was on a punt out of our own end zone when they roughed us.

We are actually playing the run relatively well. It's the Towson QB who is killing u

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Bring it back! Can you give Fordham the ball back ref?

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Towson loses a 54-yard West TD on a stretch play on holding. 1st and 20.

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
All scores were legit.

The one break we caught was on a punt out of our own end zone when they roughed us.

We are actually playing the run relatively well. It's the Towson QB who is killing u

Thanks. Running game looks like it's getting established for T now.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Bobbled exchange between Athens and West, but West gets to the TU 42. 2nd and 13. Play-action pass to Scott for a first down after a fumble to the FU 39. Holder with the recovery for Towson. Victor counters to the Ram 36. 2nd and 7.