PDA

View Full Version : Rd. 2: CCU @ Montana

Pages : [1] 2

kdinva
November 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Should be a great game; curious as to how CCU will handle the weather & 25,000 loud fans.

veinup
November 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
saw CCU for the first time today, thought they looked great. think the griz will have their hands full.

youwouldno
November 30th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Based on the teams I would think shootout... but the weather may not be conducive to it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I know it's suppose to get brutally cold next week in Bozeman. Just in time for my arrival back :p

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I volunteer to act as interpreter of the Southern Language for all of Missoula next week.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
saw CCU for the first time today, thought they looked great. think the griz will have their hands full.

Not exactly hard to look great against a MEAC team...

The Griz might be a little rusty out of the gate having been off for two weeks, but once we get rolling I don't see CCU making much of a game out of it. I'm thinking something along the lines of 38-17.

veinup
November 30th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'm thinking something along the lines of 38-17.

I would love it if that turns out to be the case, but i think itll be closer than that.

hebmskebm
November 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Should be a great game; curious as to how CCU will handle the weather & 25,000 loud fans.

They played South Carolina two weeks ago. They didn't fare too well obviously, but playing in a large, packed facility shouldn't be anything new for them.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
They played South Carolina two weeks ago. They didn't fare too well obviously, but playing in a large, packed facility shouldn't be anything new for them.

Yeah, but game time temp will be 50+ degrees colder, and Wa-Griz tends to send a shock to the system of teams that aren't used to it.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but game time temp will be 50+ degrees colder, and Wa-Griz tends to send a shock to the system of teams that aren't used to it.

LOVE Washington-Grizzly! But it doesn't compare to Williams-Brice and it's unfair to compare them. Wa-Griz is ONE HELL OF A TOUGH PLACE TO PLAY and it will be a tough chore for the beach chickens but they are capable of coming in here and winning.

Grizzlies82
November 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I was impressed. I thought Coastal Carolina looked very good today. They were well prepared and executed well. This should be a good game next week in Missoula.
Although CC has played in front of larger crowds, they'll be in trouble at Montana, as I will be present and my aura will be too much for Coastal to handle.
Not smack talk there. Just fair warning to the singing beach chickens.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I cant wait, I have always wanted to break a chandelier...................................

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I cant wait, I have always wanted to break a chandelier...................................

that would be HARD for MIKE without LEMONADE

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I was impressed. I thought Coastal Carolina looked very good today. They were well prepared and executed well. This should be a good game next week in Missoula.
Although CC has played in front of larger crowds, they'll be in trouble at Montana, as I will be present and my aura will be too much for Coastal to handle.
Not smack talk there. Just fair warning to the singing beach chickens.

That is the first I have heard of the power of the Aura. You are a powerful man.

Grizzlies82
November 30th, 2013, 06:49 PM
That is the first I have heard of the power of the Aura. You are a powerful man.

Yes, it is a thing of wonder. That is why I must only use it for good.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 11:29 PM
IF BC put up 460 yards on the Chandeliers and held the ball for 37:46...........these guys are in for an epic asskicking out west. Griz should be able to rush all day on these guys with Van and Canada. As long as we dont turn the ball over we will make points rain on this team.

CSU18
November 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM
This statement is hard for me to say as CCU is our rivals but....

I don't think the crowd will have any influence on CCU. The weather on the other hand...I don't know. I hope CCU blows the doors off of Montana and represents the Big South well. Tired of hearing about how week the Big South is, because it's not.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I think it will be a good game CCU looks strong, I have Montana winning this one 31-28. I am expecting a close game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 12:02 AM

I don't think the crowd will have any influence on CCU. The weather on the other hand...I don't know. I hope CCU blows the doors off of Montana and represents the Big South well. Tired of hearing about how week the Big South is, because it's not.

Yes it is

Bison56
December 1st, 2013, 12:44 AM

xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2013, 12:47 AM
As of now the temps look like they'll be in the teens to low 20's at kickoff. If Montana did not coat their highways with rocks this time of year I'd try to go.....

Green26
December 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM
As of now the temps look like they'll be in the teens to low 20's at kickoff. If Montana did not coat their highways with rocks this time of year I'd try to go.....

Actually, Missoula is expecting the coldest temps its had since Feb. 2011. It isn't going to be low 20's at kickoff. Snow expected on Saturday too, as of now. High of 8 on Friday.

From the national weather service:

"Posted 36 minutes ago – National Weather Service (http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapget.php?x=MT124F291696C8.WinterStormWarning. 124F2944A180MT.MSOWSWMSO.49cee2034f6562730c8b554a5 30bf7cb)

How likely:

How soon:

How severe:

The original text for this alert has been automatically reformatted to correct capitalization.
Mountain Snow on Sunday followed by an Arctic front on Monday.
A complex weather system will be moving through the Northern Rockies early this week. First. A stream of moisture will be ushered into the region causing significant snow in the mountains. There is the potential for a mix bag of rain, snow, and freezing rain in the valleys Saturday night and Sunday morning. Then on Monday, an Arctic front will sweep through the region causing temperatures to drop dramatically with strong Northerly winds. Wind chills across the region could reach dangerous levels.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 am MST /midnight Pst/ Wednesday.
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 am MST /midnight Pst/ Wednesday.

Impacts/timing: snow will begin in the mountains late tonight. With the heaviest snowfall occurring late Sunday through Monday morning. Light to moderate snow will continue thereafter. Valleys will see a mixed bag of rain and snow. With a few locations receiving pockets of light freezing rain on Sunday. By Monday afternoon. All valleys will transition over to snow. Dangerous driving conditions may exist. Especially over mountain passes. Back country conditions will become increasingly adverse. Especially Sunday night through Tuesday.
Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 feet in the mountains. With 1 to 3 inches in valleys.
Winds: southwest to west winds will develop Monday morning. With gusts to 40 mph, especially in the higher terrain. Then on Monday night, winds become northerly 15 to 25 mph with gusts 25 to 35 mph. Blowing snow will become an issue during these time frames.
Wind Chill: 10 to 20 below zero readings Tuesday through Tuesday night.
Locations impacted include: Elk River, Highway 11 Pierce to headquarters, Pierce, Dixie, Elk City, Highway 12 Lowell to Lolo Pass, Evaro Hill, Highway 200 Thompson Falls To plains. Highway 200 Trout Creek to Heron, I-90 Lookout Pass to Haugan. Highway 93 Sula to Lost Trail pass, Lolo Pass.

Recommended actionsA Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only Travel in an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight. Food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency."

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 01:08 AM
Its amazing how gay our fans are.

We need cold weather, noise, and home playoff games to compete on a national level. In fact most years we bring everything to the table but a dominating team.

Sad.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 01:10 AM
Its amazing how gay our fans are.

Don't be so hard on yourself Elder Alphagriz.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2013, 01:11 AM
I land back in Bozeman on Thursday when it's suppose to be 3. The high for Friday as of now is 0! The extended outlook suggests the temps will return to normal, upper 30's, next week.

It's been below normal here in Northeastern PA. Highs have been in the 20's. SW Montana's weather is pretty similar. Montana has just a little more potential for extreme cold snaps.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 01:12 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself Elder Alphagriz.

Am I wrong?

Yeah.........I didnt think so

putter
December 1st, 2013, 01:44 AM
I realize that last year was just that but Montana hosted Liberty and they had their worst team in decades and beat Liberty by 20 points. Liberty took CCU to 2 OT's and lost 55-52, they scored 14 against the Griz.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2013, 01:50 AM
I realize that last year was just that but Montana hosted Liberty and they had their worst team in decades and beat Liberty by 20 points. Liberty took CCU to 2 OT's and lost 55-52, they scored 14 against the Griz.

You can't draw anything off that game imo. CCU is on par with the SBU team that beat Villanova last year and gave Montana State a good game in Bozeman. The biggest difference is offensive styles. SBU simply tried to maul people last year. This should be a really competitive contest. The 'Griz win but it's a 60 minute battle....

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 03:19 AM
Am I wrong?

Yeah.........I didnt think so

I think you have likely assessed Griznations gayness well, I suspect you aren't wrong Elder Alphagriz1, but you also shouldn't take the weight and gayness of griz nation upon your shoulders alone. Let some of the other Mormon bears delve into the gayness that is Montana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zy5K8ApSzhI

mtbigdog
December 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
No. 5 Auburn shocks No. 1 Alabama on game's final play (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/11/30/west-college-football-auburn-tigers-alabama-crimson-tide-iron-bowl/3791245/) xthumbsupx

Lehigh'98
December 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM
Will be very curious to see what the line will be for this game. I'm guessing Montana -6.

kalm
December 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM

Try being from the Big Sky...

clawman
December 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM
No. 5 Auburn shocks No. 1 Alabama on game's final play (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/11/30/west-college-football-auburn-tigers-alabama-crimson-tide-iron-bowl/3791245/) xthumbsupx

Relevance??

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 09:56 AM

We aint Auburn

26......see what I mean?

swaghook
December 1st, 2013, 10:02 AM
If CCU can handle temps in the teens with little to no wind(if the forcast holds) they will have a chance as the weather other then being extremely cold will not hamper the passing game. That being said I still have the Griz winning this one in my bracket.

veinup
December 1st, 2013, 11:29 AM
griz fans are "gay" ? xlolx

how old are you alpha

veinup
December 1st, 2013, 11:50 AM
i agree that people making a fuss over the weather issue is a little bit ridiculous.

nobody loves getting hit, catching balls, etc when its below freezing .. not players on ccu, not players at um. i mean sure maybe we've got a handful of montana kids who grew up playing cold weather outdoor football .. but outside of that, eh. i see the weather effecting both teams almost equally. the griz will have had a little more opportunity to practice in it is all. if its 0 degrees i dont have a ton of confidence in travon van (from san diego) being able to hold on to the ball when he gets hit. or in ellis henderson (hawaii) and jamaal jones (washington) making as many catches as they normally would ..

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2013, 12:37 PM
i agree that people making a fuss over the weather issue is a little bit ridiculous.

nobody loves getting hit, catching balls, etc when its below freezing .. not players on ccu, not players at um. i mean sure maybe we've got a handful of montana kids who grew up playing cold weather outdoor football .. but outside of that, eh. i see the weather effecting both teams almost equally. the griz will have had a little more opportunity to practice in it is all. if its 0 degrees i dont have a ton of confidence in travon van (from san diego) being able to hold on to the ball when he gets hit. or in ellis henderson (hawaii) and jamaal jones (washington) making as many catches as they normally would ..

Good post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EKU Toss Sweep
December 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM

That is a solid post.

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2013, 12:53 PM

You're right to some extent; Montana is the better team and that's the main reason we'll win. The weather and crowd are good for a least a few points, though.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM
That is a solid post.

That was a good post......sounds familiar. Now the real question is how long before some bag of dicks Griz fan tries to argue with fact.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2013, 01:47 PM
Wow, whoever bought alphie's profile is somehow an ever bigger douche than the original.

clawman
December 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM

Good post, must not be a Montana fan.
Cold is a frame of mind

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Cold is a frame of mind

I'll take 5 degrees over 95 degrees any day of the week! heat is physical, cold is mental...

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cold is a frame of mind

Tell that to the 20 southern teams who have tried to win a playoff game in Missoula and failed.

veinup
December 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM
Cold is a frame of mind

hahah .. nah, im montana to the bone. just trying to be realistic..

Green26
December 1st, 2013, 08:59 PM

Looks like you don't have a clue about playing in cold weather and the impact it has on players and the game. Besides the psychological effect on teams that are not used to cold and snowy weather, cold weather also has various physical impacts. The ball is harder to hang onto, and the carrier needs to be prepared to take better care of it. The ball is harder to catch, and throw. The colder ball is harder to kick. It hurts to tackle. Having played in and practicing in cold weather gives players/teams a leg up. I always enjoy warm weather teams coming to Missoula in the playoffs, when there are piles of snow on edges of the field and snow visible in the adjacent mountains. Long sleeve shirts, gloves, jackets and players huddled by warmers.

Playing in heat and humidity also impacts players and teams who are not used to it. Van played for 2 years at Marshall. It can be chilly there. Henderson isn't from Hawaii, and didn't play any football there.

Yes, cold weather impacts both teams, but teams used to playing and practicing in cold weather are usually not impacted as much. As others have pointed out, there have been alot of good southern teams come to Missoula during the playoffs, but only 1 left with a victory. The weather clearly had some impact on that stat. The weather/cold will impact UM's practices and limit time on the field.

While it is likely to be fairly cold, hopefully it won't be windy and nasty. The 3 sites I just checked list a high of 18, 16 and 15 for Saturday, coming off 4 days with lows below zero. Weather predictions change in MT. It could be warmer or colder on Saturday.

putter
December 1st, 2013, 11:51 PM

It is a good post, however, doesn't matter where you are from. Matters if you have had time for your body to adjust to colder temperatures. tomorrow afternoon it will be -15 regular air temperature with wind chills down to -30 or more. it will be nasty but once you have had about a week to get used to colder temps it does not feel as bad. These kids having to be out going to class in this and it will allow them to get acclimated to colder temps and perform better. The team from Carolina wont have that luxury and to say that playing in the cold is a state of mind never had to. I agree heat is worse but cold is not easy, especially standing on the sidelines.

Green26
December 2nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
High of 11 on Saturday, with overnight low of minus 2 on Friday night, according to weather.com. That would mean single digits at game time. Official temp from stats for the App St v. Montana playoff game in 2009 was 17, with 20 mph winds. The temp dropped during that game.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail5/59801

veinup
December 2nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
ahh, the good old days ..

Silenoz
December 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wow, whoever bought alphie's profile is somehow an ever bigger douche than the original.

I dunno, Alpha has always championed the anti-Griz fan cause...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Some of the hype and spin that comes from some Griz fans and the rationalizing does get old.

Of course Alpha goes completely the opposite direction to counteract it.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Do I

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Some of the hype and spin that comes from some Griz fans and the rationalizing does get old.

Of course Alpha goes completely the opposite direction to counteract it.

Alpha is a closet Bison fan...he converted. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM

did he

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Complete and utter LIES!!!!

Granted the green and gold look good on me (everything does....yes including your girlfriend) and those were my high school colors.........I bleed maroon.

I respect the Bison and they have earned it............maybe a few Griz fans should try earning a little respect instead of hopping boards to slather the new place with DNA ingrained stupidity.

PhillyApp1
December 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
High of 11 on Saturday, with overnight low of minus 2 on Friday night, according to weather.com. That would mean single digits at game time. Official temp from stats for the App St v. Montana playoff game in 2009 was 17, with 20 mph winds. The temp dropped during that game.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail5/59801

I can tell you, if the weather is anywhere close to APP's game, CCU will get killed. THAT was the coldest I have ever been in my life...You could not look into the canyon side of the stadium without your face becoming numb ..... I had 5 layers on, like the Michelin man ...I think I am still defrosting ....that cold hurts

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
I can tell you, if the weather is anywhere close to APP's game, CCU will get killed. THAT was the coldest I have ever been in my life...You could not look into the canyon side of the stadium without your face becoming numb ..... I had 5 layers on, like the Michelin man ...I think I am still defrosting ....that cold hurts

Lol, wuss. Someday you should book a flight to fargo and go outside in -85, then get back on the plane and go back to a place that should be inhabited by people.

Fargo ND: The lowest temperature ever recorded was -48 F with a windchill of -103 F. This is why we don't play outside lol.

veinup
December 2nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
it was pretty cold the night of that app game, but i barely felt it through the several layers of beer and whiskey. and joy of course

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
You posers and your wind chill padded stats. Get on our level.

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/coldest.php

Libertine
December 2nd, 2013, 12:10 PM

Don't read anything into that. For us, that was two games into a rebuilding year for us with a brand new coaching staff, brand new defense, pretty much brand new everything. We were 0-2 and still trying figure out how to throw the ball with a freshman QB and one scholarship WR. Coastal is certainly not that.

That said, I have been in Williams-Brice for a game and I was at Montana for LU-UM and there is no comparison. Montana is BY FAR the loudest stadium I have ever been in.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM

Windchill is REAL LIFE!

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Don't read anything into that. For us, that was two games into a rebuilding year for us with a brand new coaching staff, brand new defense, pretty much brand new everything. We were 0-2 and still trying figure out how to throw the ball with a freshman QB and one scholarship WR. Coastal is certainly not that.

That said, I have been in Williams-Brice for a game and I was at Montana for LU-UM and there is no comparison. Montana is BY FAR the loudest stadium I have ever been in.

I've heard the same thing time and time again from people who have been to big time college venues and Wa-Griz. Also keep in mind that the crowd for Liberty was a warm weather game at the beginning of the season. Things will be turned up a notch with our fans more loaded up booze than normal and jumping around to try and stay warm. xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
I've heard the same thing time and time again from people who have been to big time college venues and Wa-Griz. Also keep in mind that the crowd for Liberty was a warm weather game at the beginning of the season. Things will be turned up a notch with our fans more loaded up booze than normal and jumping around to try and stay warm. xnodx

As much as I hate how the crowd wasn't into it that day I concur. It was alright but one of the lowest energy crowds I've seen except for a few brief moments. I'm glad Libertine was impressed but we didn't put on a good show for our opponents that day and they deserved better.

I also agree with him that Liberty is a whole better functioning team now than they were at that point and don't think we can really take anything from that game.

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Totally agree with Lib. Can't compare anything to last year's LU team at that point. I do think Coastal's Offense is very good; but I think the cold, the crowd, and Montana's solid Defense will be too much for them. That said, I wonder if the cold will keep the scoring down in the 20s?

I will also echo that my trip to WaGriz was very memorable and the Loudest Stadium I've visited. Better yet, the people were great to us.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Totally agree with Lib. Can't compare anything to last year's LU team at that point. I do think Coastal's Offense is very good; but I think the cold, the crowd, and Montana's solid Defense will be too much for them. That said, I wonder if the cold will keep the scoring down in the 20s?

I will also echo that my trip to WaGriz was very memorable and the Loudest Stadium I've visited. Better yet, the people were great to us.

I definitely have respect for CCU's offense; they seem like they're capable of putting up points in a hurry. I just don't think their D will be able to handle our hogs on the O-line and all of the talent we have at the skill positions. I'm thinking the Beach Chicken fans will remember the names Ellis Henderson and Travon Van for some time to come.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
I definitely have respect for CCU's offense; they seem like they're capable of putting up points in a hurry. I just don't think their D will be able to handle our hogs on the O-line and all of the talent we have at the skill positions. I'm thinking the Beach Chicken fans will remember the names Ellis Henderson and Travon Van for some time to come.

Wondering about that considering the lack of use of both of those guys in our last game. We did it pretty much without at MSU and wondering if we will see them both return to the form from earlier in the season...cuz if we do it's gonna be exciting.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Wondering about that considering the lack of use of both of those guys in our last game. We did it pretty much without at MSU and wondering if we will see them both return to the form from earlier in the season...cuz if we do it's gonna be exciting.

Seems like the Cats did a pretty good job of locking down Hendo with double coverage, but that's the nice thing about having Jones, Warren, and Naccarato to go to when teams do that.

Green26
December 2nd, 2013, 01:40 PM

Henderson was bracketed or double-covered for most of the game by MSU. Jones was quoted describing how Henderson told him at halftime, he was being bracketed/doubled, and Jones was going to get the opportunity to step up and make some plays.

OL FU
December 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
I volunteer to act as interpreter of the Southern Language for all of Missoula next week.

Ashley Coopah.

Myhtle Beach.

What else do you need to knowxsmugx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Seems like the Cats did a pretty good job of locking down Hendo with double coverage, but that's the nice thing about having Jones, Warren, and Naccarato to go to when teams do that.

yeah I had seen that but that dude usually still makes a mofo pay for that even when they do get him covered like that. I mean he did make them pay by proxy of course.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
I think Montana will win this one but I'll play devil's advocate for CCU. They know how the run the ball and they run it very well (7th in the FCS in rush offense). That translates well in bad weather. I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll fold in the cold. I agree that the weather is an advantage for Montana, but the extent of that advantage can't be known until the ball is kicked off and we can see how the teams react. Wofford came into WaGriz and won in the playoffs so it's been done before by another South Carolina team. Having said that I'm rooting for Montana (and obviously NDSU) to win because I picked them to win in all my bracket pools and I think it would be a fun showcase for the FCS on ESPN on Friday the 13th to see UM and NDSU go against each other.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
I think Montana will win this one but I'll play devil's advocate for CCU. They know how the run the ball and they run it very well (7th in the FCS in rush offense). That translates well in bad weather. I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll fold in the cold. I agree that the weather is an advantage for Montana, but the extent of that advantage can't be known until the ball is kicked off and we can see how the teams react. Wofford came into WaGriz and won in the playoffs so it's been done before by another South Carolina team. Having said that I'm rooting for Montana (and obviously NDSU) to win because I picked them to win in all my bracket pools and I think it would be a fun showcase for the FCS on ESPN on Friday the 13th to see UM and NDSU go against each other.

The cold talk is fairly insignificant in my opinion as well. It always seems to be much more significant if the Griz are able ot take a little life out of a team in the early going and then it's just one of those things that seems to suck a little extra fight out of a team but if it doesn't happen that way it doesn't mean crap.

veinup
December 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM

completely agree.

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
The problem CCU can present offensively is that you can't pick your poison and limit that and force them to go the other way. They can beat you with Ross or Talliaferro, or both. I still think the atmosphere, the weather and Montana's D will be too much in the end.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
The problem CCU can present offensively is that you can't pick your poison and limit that and force them to go the other way. They can beat you with Ross or Talliaferro, or both. I still think the atmosphere, the weather and Montana's D will be too much in the end.

UM also has a pretty balanced offense in that regard. Henderson pretty much demands double coverage, and the other receivers we have are also big threats. So, it's pretty tough for teams to stack the box against the run without giving up big plays downfield.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
UM also has a pretty balanced offense in that regard. Henderson pretty much demands double coverage, and the other receivers we have are also big threats. So, it's pretty tough for teams to stack the box against the run without giving up big plays downfield....I mean other than what NAU got away with early in the season anyway.

Fixed GATW, it doesn't happen now like it did then. We seem to have some growth in the boxes over the course of the last month and hope it continues.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Fixed GATW, it doesn't happen now like it did then. We seem to have some growth in the boxes over the course of the last month and hope it continues.

True. I like to think the O-line has grown and improved over the season and realized that not every defense is as easy to push around as App and UND.

SUPharmacist
December 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM

Fargo and Missoula both aren't on those lists. I am a purist, and will take true temps over windchills any day, but the winds on the plains do make me think twice.

Green26
December 2nd, 2013, 05:38 PM

Yes, in theory, a running game should do better in the cold than the passing game. However, as you know, it's much harder to hang onto the ball in the cold. Montana gives up an average of only 12.4 on the ground, 30th in the nation. Most teams haven't been able to run on UM, but at least 2 did.

Yes, Wofford beat UM, 23-22. The temp was in the low teens, but it was sunny (it's probably not going to be sunny on Saturday). However, while Wofford wasn't bothered by the cooler temps, it was their terrific triple option running game, and their almost perfect execution, that beat UM. The UM coaches were very concerned about defending Wofford's option coming into the game. Had now NFL kicker Carpenter hit his 47 yard FG near the end of the game, UM would have won. UM gave up 2 TD's in the 4th quarter.

And what about all of these southern or dome teams? Might the colder weather have impacted them. Thanks to Potomac on egriz.

"2011
Central Arkansas: 9-3 coming in with an 8 game winning streak. Griz win 41-14.
Northern Iowa: Not southern, but a Dome team. 10-2 in the very tough MVC going into the game. Lots of bitching about how they should be seeded higher than the Griz, which is why I put this one here. Griz win 48-10.

SF Austin: 10-2 coming in. VERY confident that Mr. Moses is going to kick our asses. Forget how to play football once the cold air hits them and they turn it over 10 times. Griz win 51-0.

Texas State: 8-4 coming in. Good game actually. They were ahead 10-7 at halftime. Griz won 31-13. Nice fans if I remember right. They are 6-6 in FBS now (Sun Belt).

Wofford... f***... yeah there's always an exception to the rule, and that exception was caused by Wofford's triple option. They did turn it over 3 times (2 picks, 1 fumble), but ran 60 times for 333 yards (5.6 per carry). We had a chance to win as time expired though, just missed a long FG. Griz lose 23-22.

McNeese State: 7-4 coming in. They had trouble moving the ball only getting 224yards in total offense for the game vs the Griz and their 514 yards. Griz win 31-6.

Cal Poly: Not the same as team from SC but still from a warm climate. 8-3 coming in. Honestly I didn't expect us to win this game as we had a LOT of struggles at the QB spot the entire year and a very shaky (at best) passing attack. Griz lost 35-21. Cal Poly had Ramses Barden and James Noble. CP ran all over us for 293 yards.

Northwestern St: 8-3 coming in. 8-4 going out... Griz get 543 total yards of offense, NWST gets 177. Griz win 56-7.
Sam Houston St: 11-2 coming in. They CRUSHED us 41-29 in Texas earlier in the year. We couldn't handle the heat. They handled the cold about as well as we handled the intense heat. Griz won 34-13.

Northwestern St: 9-3 coming in. Griz win 45-14.

Northwestern St: Seriously...these guys really must hate us. Griz win 28-19.
Sam Houston State: Griz win 49-24

Richmond: Griz win 34-20

Nicholls St: Griz win 48-3
East Tennessee St: Griz win 44-14
Troy (Alabama): Griz win 70-7

Eastern Kentucky: Griz win 48-0
Georgia Southern: Griz win 45-0
Stephen F. Austin: Griz win 70-14http://www.anygivensaturday.com/download/file.php?avatar=895_1380613869.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=895)

veinup
December 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
wasn't that like .. the only FG dan carpenter ever missed? you're opening old wounds here man.

on topic: hope this one doesn't come down to a ben worst field goal attempt xsmhx

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
wasn't that like .. the only FG dan carpenter ever missed? you're opening old wounds here man.

on topic: hope this one doesn't come down to a ben worst field goal attempt xsmhx

I was in the south endzone for that one and thought it was good the whole way. Made me sick to my stomach when Woff started celebrating.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 2nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
True. I like to think the O-line has grown and improved over the season and realized that not every defense is as easy to push around as App and UND.

Somewhat for sure but the thing I was referring to in the "boxes" comment was that we seem to be putting ourselves in better positions for a Pbox standpoint when our 4 guys are trying to keep 7 or 8 off of Jordy's back. I think that NAU game provided a heck of a learning experience all the way around.

Grizzlies82
December 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Yes, in theory, a running game should do better in the cold than the passing game. However, as you know, it's much harder to hang onto the ball in the cold. Montana gives up an average of only 12.4 on the ground, 30th in the nation. Most teams haven't been able to run on UM, but at least 2 did.

Yes, Wofford beat UM, 23-22. The temp was in the low teens, but it was sunny (it's probably not going to be sunny on Saturday). However, while Wofford wasn't bothered by the cooler temps, it was their terrific triple option running game, and their almost perfect execution, that beat UM. The UM coaches were very concerned about defending Wofford's option coming into the game. Had now NFL kicker Carpenter hit his 47 yard FG near the end of the game, UM would have won. UM gave up 2 TD's in the 4th quarter.

And what about all of these southern or dome teams? Might the colder weather have impacted them. Thanks to Potomac on egriz.

"2011
Central Arkansas: 9-3 coming in with an 8 game winning streak. Griz win 41-14.
Northern Iowa: Not southern, but a Dome team. 10-2 in the very tough MVC going into the game. Lots of bitching about how they should be seeded higher than the Griz, which is why I put this one here. Griz win 48-10.

SF Austin: 10-2 coming in. VERY confident that Mr. Moses is going to kick our asses. Forget how to play football once the cold air hits them and they turn it over 10 times. Griz win 51-0.

Texas State: 8-4 coming in. Good game actually. They were ahead 10-7 at halftime. Griz won 31-13. Nice fans if I remember right. They are 6-6 in FBS now (Sun Belt).

Wofford... f***... yeah there's always an exception to the rule, and that exception was caused by Wofford's triple option. They did turn it over 3 times (2 picks, 1 fumble), but ran 60 times for 333 yards (5.6 per carry). We had a chance to win as time expired though, just missed a long FG. Griz lose 23-22.

McNeese State: 7-4 coming in. They had trouble moving the ball only getting 224yards in total offense for the game vs the Griz and their 514 yards. Griz win 31-6.

Cal Poly: Not the same as team from SC but still from a warm climate. 8-3 coming in. Honestly I didn't expect us to win this game as we had a LOT of struggles at the QB spot the entire year and a very shaky (at best) passing attack. Griz lost 35-21. Cal Poly had Ramses Barden and James Noble. CP ran all over us for 293 yards.

Northwestern St: 8-3 coming in. 8-4 going out... Griz get 543 total yards of offense, NWST gets 177. Griz win 56-7.
Sam Houston St: 11-2 coming in. They CRUSHED us 41-29 in Texas earlier in the year. We couldn't handle the heat. They handled the cold about as well as we handled the intense heat. Griz won 34-13.

Northwestern St: 9-3 coming in. Griz win 45-14.

Northwestern St: Seriously...these guys really must hate us. Griz win 28-19.
Sam Houston State: Griz win 49-24

Richmond: Griz win 34-20

Nicholls St: Griz win 48-3
East Tennessee St: Griz win 44-14
Troy (Alabama): Griz win 70-7

Eastern Kentucky: Griz win 48-0
Georgia Southern: Griz win 45-0
Stephen F. Austin: Griz win 70-14http://www.anygivensaturday.com/download/file.php?avatar=895_1380613869.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=895)

I do perceive a trend here... GRIZ WIN.

putter
December 2nd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Somewhat for sure but the thing I was referring to in the "boxes" comment was that we seem to be putting ourselves in better positions for a Pbox standpoint when our 4 guys are trying to keep 7 or 8 off of Jordy's back. I think that NAU game provided a heck of a learning experience all the way around.

I have to agree. If there ever was a "good loss" that may have been it and it seems like the coaches learned from it

Libertine
December 3rd, 2013, 09:36 AM

Disagree slightly. Taliaferro is the real deal. Ross is good but not a gamebreaker. He benefits greatly from WR Matt Hazel who opens up the field dramatically.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Disagree slightly. Taliaferro is the real deal. Ross is good but not a gamebreaker. He benefits greatly from WR Matt Hazel who opens up the field dramatically.
Talia
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtSjPjLZ2bRs4Zvs4i1zKZBeAT5ZS1i PRld61HG04EqZQwKUTR

AND

Fierros
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/FIEROi2.jpg

Were cool in the 80s but I am not worried about either in 2013

GO GRIZ!

knucklehead
December 3rd, 2013, 10:52 AM

Agree with the Hazel comments. I guess my point is that they aren't completely one dimensional.

moosbah
December 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Too cold for Carolina boys. Next.

citdog
December 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Talia
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtSjPjLZ2bRs4Zvs4i1zKZBeAT5ZS1i PRld61HG04EqZQwKUTR

AND

Fierros
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/FIEROi2.jpg

Were cool in the 80s but I am not worried about either in 2013

GO GRIZ!

He was cool in the 1860's

http://www.ncmarkers.com/Images/markers/I-72c.jpg

General William Taliaferro

OB55
December 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Too cold for Carolina boys. Next.

Yup, with a predicted high at WG of 9 degrees, it is too cold for me to sit still for more than five minutes unless it's in a heated deer stand..

Anybody that wears his nuts on his chin will freeze 'em off in the first fifteen minutes.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
Yup, with a predicted high at WG of 9 degrees, it is too cold for me to sit still for more than five minutes unless it's in a heated deer stand..

Anybody that wears his nuts on his chin will freeze 'em off in the first fifteen minutes.

BOOM!

IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Derp southerners can't handle the cold derp derp

SHSU left with two wins in the bitter cold that had no chance in. CCU has a chance. Would not be surprised to see another "Big" Sky team shocked.
Hell isn't half of Montana's team from Texas? I get both Montana teams confused if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 02:52 PM

SHSU left with two wins in the bitter cold that had no chance in. CCU has a chance. Would not be surprised to see another "Big" Sky team shocked.
Hell isn't half of Montana's team from Texas? I get both Montana teams confused if I'm wrong.

You have em' confused but a good deal of ours is from the warmer west coast climate anyway.

The cold doesn't make some big difference to a team unless the home team has gotten up on them and then the cold just makes things seems worse than they are to the players on the opposing team and may help them mentally knucke under.

I watched it happen to Nichols and SFA (a couple of times) but we were up on them pretty good and you could see they were mailing it in at that point. If a team is in the game then the cold isn't gonna affect them anymore than it does the home team.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM

Yeah, uhh, how did your Bearkats fare the last time they played a cold weather game in Missoula? How about those high-flying Lumberjacks in '09? Gotta say I was pretty impressed they even found the time in a game to turn it over ten times; didn't think it was possible.

thebootfitter
December 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM

There's a difference between a mountain pass in Montana and the Missoula Valley where the games are played. Sure, it's still cold, but not that brutal cold of a mountain pass. Or Fargo, for that matter. Average highs in a Fargo (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USND0115) winter are comparable to the average lows in Missoula (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/59801).

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Last time we visited Montana pretty damn good.

thebootfitter
December 3rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
My prediction: CCU surprises Montana early and jumps to an early lead in the first quarter. Maybe 10-0 or 13-3 or so. From then on, the Griz do their thing and grind away. CCU scores a bit more, but not enough to keep up with Montana by the end. Maybe 27-17 final, give or take. Griz win.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM

Missoula. Not Bozeman. You know, that town where southern teams are 1-19 in the playoffs?

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Missoula. Not Bozeman. You know, that town where southern teams are 1-19 in the playoffs?

That's like saying its so much colder in Dallas than Houston.
Home team wins at home, news at 11.

Sam is undefeated at home in playoffs do you think that it's solely because of the weather in Huntsville?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
My prediction: CCU surprises Montana early and jumps to an early lead in the first quarter. Maybe 10-0 or 13-3 or so. From then on, the Griz do their thing and grind away. CCU scores a bit more, but not enough to keep up with Montana by the end. Maybe 27-17 final, give or take. Griz win.

How would that surprise us? Hell I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't start playing until the 4th qtr. because it's happened so often this year. xlolx

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
How would that surprise us? Hell I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't start playing until the 4th qtr. because it's happened so often this year. xlolx

I certainly hope this is the game where we get the sluggish start thing corrected, cause we're gonna have just about zero chance to get a win in Fargo if we don't.

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Wait, you mean the best way to smack talk the Griz ISN'T wins against the Bobcats? Imagine that xlolx

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Wait, you mean the best way to smack talk the Griz ISN'T wins against the Bobcats? Imagine that xlolx

Noted :D xlolx

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=243460149

Side-note, the Griz haven't lost to an FCS team by 21+ points in like 15 years. Way to go Sammy!

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 04:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=243460149

Side-note, the Griz haven't lost to an FCS team by 21+ points in like 15 years. Way to go Sammy!

I'm confused. Did you really dig up a score from nearly 10 years ago? Or are you that slow you missed my point entirely.

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
I'm confused. Did you really dig up a score from nearly 10 years ago? Or are you that slow you missed my point entirely.

That's hard to say when you speak in broken sentences

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 04:14 PM

Sam is undefeated at home in playoffs do you think that it's solely because of the weather in Huntsville?

That's hard to say when you speak in broken sentences

You are slow. My posts have been all about weather. We both know SHSU would smash Griz home or away anyway. 3x Big Sky champs after all. ;)

Green26
December 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Temp predictions dropping a bit. This one has a high of 12, with a Fri. night low of minus 15, with snow. Minus 6 at 9am. About 9 at gametime.

https://www.google.com/search?q=missoula+weather&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

Another one says high of 12, with minus 12 on Fri. night. "Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 12F. Winds light and variable."

Another one says high of 8, with minus 6 on Fri. night. 10% of precip.

Hardly any wind predicted at any of the weather sites.

It's 19 now with a couple inches of snow. Not too bad for an important practice.

It's 60 now at Coastal C, with highs of 75 on Wed. and Thurs.

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM
You are slow. My posts have been all about weather. We both know SHSU would smash Griz home or away anyway. 3x Big Sky champs after all. ;)

Oh, I'm following your (dumb) posts. First I laughed at your likening beating Montana State in December to beating us. Everyone knows they start rolling over sometime around November each year. Then I pointed out your last trip to our stadium. And now I'm laughing at the "Big Sky champs" line. You should get a shirt with that on it to go with the National Runner Up ones xnodx

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Only if you make "We are over .500" shirts.

putter
December 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
CCU has a chance like any team would. Montana players, no matter where they are from, have a week to get acclimated - and they will need it. Coastal will have 1 day but come game time it's all about execution.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
One season under .500 in 27 years. Care to guess how many Sammy had in that same period?

Silenoz
Only if you make "We are over .500" shirts.

See, smack only works if it makes any semblance of sense

SHSU
2009: 5-6-0
2008: 4-6-0
2005: 3-7-0
2003: 2-9-0
2002: 4-7-0
1998: 3-8-0
1997: 5-6-0
1996: 4-7-0
1995: 5-5-0
1993: 4-7-0
1990: 4-7-0
1989: 3-8-0
1988: 3-8-0

UM
2012: 5-6-0
1985: 3-8-0

Grizalltheway
CCU has a chance like any team would. Montana players, no matter where they are from, have a week to get acclimated - and they will need it. Coastal will have 1 day but come game time it's all about execution.

Yep. Weather will be a factor but it certainly won't be the only, or most important one.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2013, 04:53 PM

SHSU

UM

Damn, you guys sucked in 1985. Another rape arrest? xblehx

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 04:53 PM

SHSU

UM

Keep in mind you're talking to a guy from a state that fought tooth and nail to keep evolution out of its textbooks.

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
You actually take this serious.

Silenoz
December 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Oh we definitely don't take you serious [sic]

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Oh we definitely don't take you seriously

You just did some research and formatted it. Apparently you do.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
You actually take this serious.

No more seriously than I take your state.

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
No more seriously than I take your state.

You live in Montana. Your state's population is comparable to Alaska, that should tell you something.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM

Yes, there are not many other reasons for it.

rokamortis
December 3rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
So wait - is Sam Houston and Montana playing this round?

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
You live in Montana. Your state's population is comparable to Alaska, that should tell you something.

You produced George W Bush.

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
So wait - is Sam Houston and Montana playing this round?

To be fair I didn't make it that way, I was talking about how weather will not make or break a team.

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 06:37 PM
You produced George W Bush.

That's the best you can come up with? He's not even a native Texan but ok bud. I really don't want to get into the details with you about our states because face it, you live in Montana which is easily the most forgotten state in the country.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
That's the best you can come up with? He's not even a native Texan but ok bud. I really don't want to get into the details with you about our states because face it, you live in Montana which is easily the most forgotten state in the country.

We didn't kill Kennedy so we got that going for us.

Very happy for the rest to stay away and forget bout this place.:D

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM

With your education system that is not totally unbelievable...................................... ............

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 06:47 PM

Right, that's why such a high percentage of our economy comes from tourism. No one's ever heard of us or wants to come here.

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2013, 06:49 PM

Hey I thought North Dakota was the most forgotten state? Make up your mind Texas!!

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
With your education system that is not totally unbelievable...................................... ............

Are you just parroting crap you want to hear or do you actual have facts?

Texas
December 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hey I thought North Dakota was the most forgotten state? Make up your mind Texas!!
You two should fight or something.

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
You two should fight or something.

I'm a lover not a fighter Texas. I will stick with my cold brethren of Montana, the only time visiting Texas is acceptable is for the FCS Natty.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 07:22 PM
I'm a lover not a fighter Texas. I will stick with my cold brethren of Montana, the only time visiting Texas is acceptable is for the FCS Natty.

Well hopefully we'll both hold up our ends of the deal and duke it out on the 13th.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
I can see Coastal jumping up big on the Griz only to blow it late

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2013, 07:40 PM
I can see Coastal jumping up big on the Griz only to blow it late

Likely.

38-10 at half. Montana wins 59-45 lol.

rokamortis
December 3rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Well hopefully we'll both hold up our ends of the deal and duke it out on the 13th.

Judging from how we've actually played - we are more likely to come out flat and then get back into the game in the second half. We have not gone up big and blown a lead all year.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Judging from how we've actually played - we are more likely to come out flat and then get back into the game in the second half. We have not gone up big and blown a lead all year.

Well, that's been our MO in a lot of games this year, so something's gotta give I suppose.

swaghook
December 3rd, 2013, 09:10 PM

Not many teams go into that stadium and play flat the first half and then come on and win it in the second. Better get that lead early. I see the 10 degree temps forecast for Saturday getting to the players by the second half.

veinup
December 3rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
apologize for veering off topic but i figure this is as good a place to ask as any. . if UM moves on and plays in fargo, will that game be on a friday or saturday? do we know yet? im dumb, help.

BisonFan02
December 3rd, 2013, 09:45 PM
apologize for veering off topic but i figure this is as good a place to ask as any. . if UM moves on and plays in fargo, will that game be on a friday or saturday? do we know yet? im dumb, help.

It would be up to ESPN for the TV game, but I would say the odds would be very good the game would be Friday night.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2013, 09:46 PM

Hasn't been officially announced, but I'd be shocked if ESPN didn't put it in the Friday night slot.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 10:54 PM
If it happens it will be Friday night. Bet the farms on it.

maine612
December 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Would the following UM game also be on Friday?

BCS Sucks
December 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Montana's weather and enviroment will test these southern boys........If they can manage the game and not let other factors challenge them they will give montana a run for their money

ursus arctos horribilis
December 3rd, 2013, 11:56 PM
Would the following UM game also be on Friday?

Not unless UNH or SHSU won out along with UM to get there. So in short...very unlikely.

Green26
December 4th, 2013, 12:23 AM
One weather site says it will be minus 16 at 8am on Saturday morning.

Some good Montana tailgating on Saturday morning.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2013, 06:43 AM

Texas is not forgotten, until you visit. Than it will be.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Should we even show up on Saturday?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 4th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Are you just parroting crap you want to hear or do you actual have facts?

No need for facts when I can read your posts and know the system is failing miserably......everything really is bigger in Texas.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 4th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Montana's weather and enviroment will test these southern boys........If they can manage the game and not let other factors challenge them they will give montana a run for their money

Yeah but the skybox you will be in will be around 75 degrees so................................

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2013, 09:08 AM

He did say IF we move on, did he not?

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Yes please do. You might enjoy the Sam Houston - Montana game????

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
One weather site says it will be minus 16 at 8am on Saturday morning.
Some good Montana tailgating on Saturday morning.

All I know is, I'm not going to any tailgate that doesn't have a LARGE bonfire burning. So go get an open burning permit folks.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Yes please do. You might enjoy the Sam Houston - Montana game????

Yes, sounds like it will be quite a game.

veinup
December 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM

please do! im really pumped for the game, and i dont think we should be looking past you guys at all. i expect it to be a good one.

i just need to adjust my work schedule for potential outcomes.

BCS Sucks
December 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Yeah but the skybox you will be in will be around 75 degrees so................................

Nope ill be at home watching haha..... im originally from Montana but i go to school in ND, wish i could be at the game though, haven't been to a WaGriz game in a few years. I just think if Coastal shows some mental toughness they will have a shot, but im hoping the Griz dominate.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM

I think some of you may not be noticing the "if" part in some comments. We're fans so we speculate a bit and it's not meant as an offense. Trust me we know this game is absolutely gonna be tough. Great players, great coach, you have a lot to be feared and respected but IF the Griz win then what would happen next is not a bad thing to throw out.

If CCU wins and moves on to face the Bison I could easily see that being a great Friday night game as well. I'm not disrespecting the Griz by saying that am I?

Phrebert
December 4th, 2013, 02:02 PM
since Coastal Carolina is coming all this way, we are changing our name to Mountainous Montana vs Coastal Carolina

Silenoz
December 4th, 2013, 02:41 PM
If CCU wins and moves on to face the Bison I could easily see that being a great Friday night game as well.

Well I guess the Griz shouldn't even show up on Saturday

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I haven't seen the latest update - is it supposed to be cold for the game?

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2013, 03:54 PM

Nope, mid-70s with a light breeze. Tell your guys to leave the long sleeves and balaclavas at home. xthumbsupx

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Nope, mid-70s with a light breeze. Tell your guys to leave the long sleeves and balaclavas at home. xthumbsupx

I think we just signed a new contract with Tommy Bahama - so we should be set.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Do Montana fans gets loud? When we played at CSU there must have been a good 2,000 CSU fans there and they really made it loud. So loud we lost the game.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Do Montana fans gets loud? When we played at CSU there must have been a good 2,000 CSU fans there and they really made it loud. So loud we lost the game.

Wait til you hear what your coach said on the wedge tonight about it.xlolx

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Wait til you hear what your coach said on the wedge tonight about it.xlolx

When does that come out? I feel like I already have an idea of what he'll say but will be interested to hear what he told you wedgies.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2013, 04:39 PM
When does that come out? I feel like I already have an idea of what he'll say but will be interested to hear what he told you wedgies.

It goes online on Wed. nights at 5p Mountain, 7p your time. I post the link to the newest show in the FCS Wedge thread about this time every week so should be coming soon.

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Man, this is just too goddamn funny.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/05/e8y9u7e5.jpg

Darlinikki150
December 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM

That statement is ludicrous.

veinup
December 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
is that real?

uofmman1122
December 4th, 2013, 06:56 PM
xlolx

It's the QB's dad, too. lol

CPrice91
December 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM

xlmaox

Ok, now I know CCU is getting crushed.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM

If that's real, I have no respect for this dude.

X-Factor
December 4th, 2013, 07:46 PM
No disrespect to coastal, but this is the type of fame that the Griz usually win 70-0. The other team rolls over before they step off the plane. It has happened to better teams in Missoula

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM

Wait....what?!?! Hopefully the players for CC don't share the same opinion or this could already be over.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Wait....what?!?! Hopefully the players for CC don't share the same opinion or this could already be over.

Senior safety LaDarius Hawthorne, for one, shares Patenaude’s philosophy on the situation.
“I know it’s going to be cold,” he said. “When I think about it, I feel like we’re all created the same. They’re human, just like I’m a human, so if they can go out there and take it, we can go out there and take it.”

The Chants (11-2), meanwhile, will also have to contend with the frigid weather as the forecast in Missoula calls for a high of 20 degrees and a low of 1 with a 20 percent chance of snow next Saturday. It will also be the longest road trip in program history, well surpassing the previous long trip – Toledo, Ohio, last season.
“Obviously, we’re going to wear a little bit warmer clothes, we’re going to have our hand-warmers on and we’re going to have heaters on the sideline,” sophomore quarterback Alex Ross said. “But other than that, we’re going to be all right.”

Sophomore safety Richie Sampson offered similar sentiments.
“It’s going to be cold. I think instead of gloves, we’ll probably just wear mittens, and instead of helmets, we’ll just wear snow hats,” he said lightheartedly. “But we’re all excited about it, and hopefully we can go out there and play just like it’s 70 degree weather there.”

Bisonator
December 4th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Griz by 30.

swaghook
December 4th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Forecast calls for a high of 6 above at noon luckily the winds are light at only 5-10mph with a clear sunny sky. It's easy to say you can handle the cold just like those who are already acclimated to it and actually going out and doing just that.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Forecast calls for a high of 6 above at noon luckily the winds are light at only 5-10mph with a clear sunny sky. It's easy to say you can handle the cold just like those who are already acclimated to it and actually going out and doing just that.

It's also easy to discount what a player thinks from a message board. I guess we'll have to see the results on Saturday.

Grizalltheway
December 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM

It won't be 6 at noon, that's the high and will come later in the day. I'd guess right around zero for kickoff.

All I know is it's gonna be a hell of a contrast between the first home game of the season and the (likely) last. Was sweating my balls off tailgating and waiting to get into the stadium for that one, on Saturday they'll retreat too far into my body for that.

robsnotes4u
December 4th, 2013, 09:13 PM
It's also easy to discount what a player thinks from a message board. I guess we'll have to see the results on Saturday.

Versus simulator has the following results
At home the Griz by 5 42-37
At home CCU by 41-40

With Montana having a SOS of #61 and CCU #64 for non FBS teams I am thinking this is a pretty close match.

I picked CCU 38-35 in my bracket.

Go ahead and flame away.

BisonFan02
December 4th, 2013, 09:17 PM
At home CCU by 41-40

With Montana having a SOS of #61 and CCU #64 for non FBS teams I am thinking this is a pretty close match.

Go ahead and flame away.

My simulator now gives Montana a 21 point home field advantage. Not intended as smack, but I think we will see early how this game is going to go.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 09:26 PM
It won't be 6 at noon, that's the high and will come later in the day. I'd guess right around zero for kickoff.

All I know is it's gonna be a hell of a contrast between the first home game of the season and the (likely) last. Was sweating my balls off tailgating and waiting to get into the stadium for that one, on Saturday they'll retreat too far into my body for that.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 09:29 PM
My simulator now gives Montana a 21 point home field advantage. Not intended as smack, but I think we will see early how this game is going to go.

I think it really is going to depend on what team shows up for Coastal. The team that starts off slow and hopes to come back in the 2nd half vs the one that comes out strong and starts scoring fast and furiously. If the prior then it will be a very bad day for Chantnation, if the latter then I think Coastal will win.

Squealofthepig
December 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I'd guess right around zero for kickoff.

Yep - game time temperature should be right at zero. http://www.kpax.com/news/cold-frostbite-adds-to-griz-playoff-challenges/

rokamortis
December 4th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Yep - game time temperature should be right at zero. http://www.kpax.com/news/cold-frostbite-adds-to-griz-playoff-challenges/

Wait. Is this for real? I thought the cold doesn't pose a problem for Montana fans.

"With the weather we're looking at over the weekend, I'd be worried about anything over 15 to 20 minutes of exposure to bare skin,” said Dr. Marc Mentel, Community Mental Center.

JSUBison
December 4th, 2013, 09:50 PM

I love it. If teams are worrying about and focusing on the weather as in the Montana game, or noise in the NDSU game, that's less attention to the game plan itself. Look for a repeat of this:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=293390149

Any of you Montana guys going to take the Coastal players out drinking like you did the SFA players? xlolx

BCS Sucks
December 4th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I love it. If teams are worrying about and focusing on the weather as in the Montana game, or noise in the NDSU game, that's less attention to the game plan itself. Look for a repeat of this:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=293390149

Any of you Montana guys going to take the Coastal players out drinking like you did the SFA players? xlolx

hope his kid whose the QB isnt as big of a B**ch as his dad when it comes to the cold....otherwise he is in for long day

Twentysix
December 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM

He must be that Lehigh kid who complains that NDSU's homefield noise is cheating.

thebootfitter
December 4th, 2013, 11:02 PM
He must be that Lehigh kid who complains that NDSU's homefield noise is cheating.
Yup. Playoffs SHOULD be played on a neutral field. Preferably one that is equally difficult for all fans to get to. And where the noise level is a constant 60 decibel hum. And the temperature is a constant 68F with no direct sunlight and absolutely no wind (could be unfair to the kickers).

Green26
December 5th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Good thing game isn't being played in Great Fall MT. On Friday, high of minus 9 and minus 35 for low that night. On Saturday, minus 21 at 10am and minus 13 at 1pm.

The boxes and stadium club are going to be full on Saturday. The adjacent Adams Center (basketball arena and hall of champions) will be open at halftime to warm up. Coffee and hot chocolate being served.

Montana did its winter conditioning at 6am outside in the stadium last winter. They must have been getting ready for home playoff games like this one. I'm hoping UM's big o-line is going to out-tough and overrun CC.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 12:49 AM
I'm glad we don't play outside anymore.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1472816_10152100711072008_928240057_n.jpg

I would probably just watch at home, especially if the wind was going to pickup, as none of those temps are with windchill. The 6am reading (-19F with 9mph wind is -41F with windchill), during the Griz game it will be about -10F with windchill (3F with 8 mph wind) which is really really cold, but it is no -41F.

At -10F windchill frostbite takes longer than 30 minutes on exposed skin. In -41F frostbite takes 10~ minutes on exposed skin. Roughly the time of a sustained NDSU drive :\.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 01:00 AM
You guys must have fans die in the hospital when you play outside in -60 and -80 late in the playoffs.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2013, 01:10 AM
You guys must have fans die in the hospital when you play outside in -60 and -80 late in the playoffs.

Thinning the herd.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Thinning the herd.

Lol! It pays to be a fatass on days like that.

ming01
December 5th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Yup. Playoffs SHOULD be played on a neutral field. Preferably one that is equally difficult for all fans to get to. And where the noise level is a constant 60 decibel hum. And the temperature is a constant 68F with no direct sunlight and absolutely no wind (could be unfair to the kickers).

i propose all fcs playoffs be played in London

Squealofthepig
December 5th, 2013, 02:20 AM
winds are light at only 5-10mph with a clear sunny sky.

Really depends on cloud-cover and how the sun is shining - Washington-Griz is at the mouth of the Hellgate canyon (along the Clark Fork River, which flows WNW towards Missoula, between University Beacon/Sentinel to the south (start of the Sapphires) and Mount Jumbo (very low peak leading to the Rattlesnake to the north), and the wind can be insanely brutal, even by local standards.

FargoBison
December 5th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Montana at -5 is the absolute lead pipe lock of the century.

bodoyle
December 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
At home CCU by 41-40

Go ahead and flame away.

I think it all depends on how CCU weathers the storm in the beginning of the game. If they can move the ball a little, and the defense doesn't allow a 1st possession TD, it could be a good game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2013, 08:41 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/8736_3754639562196_50243551_n.jpg
My truck this morning -13............................see you Saturday!

rokamortis
December 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/8736_3754639562196_50243551_n.jpg

Have you gotten the truck serviced for the check engine light?

zilla
December 5th, 2013, 08:50 AM

You need to get some gas too! :D

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM

Let's hope your simulator is correct. Thanks, I agree. -

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CPrice91
December 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM

Hell that was warm compared to other places in MT...

Hammerhead
December 5th, 2013, 09:08 AM

From the father of your QB.

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Really depends on cloud-cover and how the sun is shining - Washington-Griz is at the mouth of the Hellgate canyon (along the Clark Fork River, which flows WNW towards Missoula, between University Beacon/Sentinel to the south (start of the Sapphires) and Mount Jumbo (very low peak leading to the Rattlesnake to the north), and the wind can be insanely brutal, even by local standards.

Yeah, I remember it roaring out of the canyon for Griz/cat in 2010. Real temp wasn't much colder than 20, but that goddman wind made it unbearable.

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM

My great aunt lives outside Superior with the river and mountains across it out her back door.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM
From the father of your QB.

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 5th, 2013, 10:30 AM

My phone says it's -21 below in Belgrade right now!

I'm hoping my car starts when I get back! It's been sitting for 2.5 weeks! But, it was fully serviced just before I left!

Sammy94
December 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM
http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/05/coastal-carolina-fan-wants-playoff-game-moved-to-neutral-site-because-montana-is-too-cold/

This is funny.

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2013, 10:52 AM
http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/05/coastal-carolina-fan-wants-playoff-game-moved-to-neutral-site-because-montana-is-too-cold/

This is funny.

It was funnier the first four times it was posted.

Bisonator
December 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM

This is funny.

Oh man that poor kid is gonna get a ton of crap. xlolx

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Oh man that poor kid is gonna get a ton of crap. xlolx

Funny thing is, this guy is from the same town, but doesn't live there. No hint of the QB being his kid anywhere on his Facebook page, including what looks like a family profile pic. I would say it isn't his dad.

The post doesn't exist on his Facebook page either. Probably a photoshop job by someone.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Funny thing is, this guy is from the same town, but doesn't live there. No hint of the QB being his kid anywhere on his Facebook page, including what looks like a family profile pic. I would say it isn't his dad.

The post doesn't exist on his Facebook page either. Probably a photoshop job by someone.

Or he deleted it after it appeared on the internet, and or it is set to private? Lol...

His account also does not appear in my facebook search. Likely is set to unsearchable-private, do you have a direct link?

Steven Ross Alpharetta GA yeilds 0 results.

dewey
December 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Go Bison and Go Griz! See you guys next week in Fargo.

That is all.

Dewey

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Or he deleted it after it appeared on the internet, and or it is set to private? Lol...

His account also does not appear in my facebook search. Likely is set to unsearchable-private, do you have a direct link?

Steven Ross Alpharetta GA yeilds 0 results.

https://www.facebook.com/4smross?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

I could be wrong, also

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
https://www.facebook.com/4smross?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

I could be wrong, also

I can only see public content shares, no specific posts.

Friend request him lol.

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM

Doesn't really matter. Is still funny. If my Dad would have posted something like that I would have kicked his ***, unless it was a little reverse psychology.

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM

Friend request him lol.

At least he won't be able to complain next week in the Fargodome!

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
The alpharette phonebook lists 120 individual listings of the last name Ross, and that is just people with land lines, could be the dad, could be a cousin or uncle, or it could be some guy from the same town as the QB with the same last name who started following CCU when the QB left HS.

Who knows. Probably just some message board guy. You would think being from PA he would be a little more reasonable with the cold.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Nope, it is definitley the dad's facebook.

"BUFORD — Buford High senior quarterback Alex Ross is the man
with a million different nicknames, but his play on the field is as consistent
as it gets.

Steven (his actual first name), Alexander, A-Ross and Ross
are just a few of the names that get tossed around when referring to the Wolves’
signal caller, who is a popular man in the team’s locker room, and has the
program in contention for its fourth consecutive Class AA state title."
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/41911/
Lol.

Plus this photo has the QB tagged in it from that same FB page.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/557300_249040268524923_425591803_n.jpg
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/coas/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/7868082.jpeg

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Nope, it is definitley the dad's facebook.

"BUFORD — Buford High senior quarterback Alex Ross is the man
with a million different nicknames, but his play on the field is as consistent
as it gets.

Steven (his actual first name), Alexander, A-Ross and Ross
are just a few of the names that get tossed around when referring to the Wolves’
signal caller, who is a popular man in the team’s locker room, and has the
program in contention for its fourth consecutive Class AA state title."
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/41911/
Lol.

Plus this photo has the QB tagged in it from that same FB page. https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/557300_249040268524923_425591803_n.jpg

Good research

srgrizizen
December 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Montana at -5 is the absolute lead pipe lock of the century.

Really? I hope you're right, FB, but seriously, how do we know that it won't be Montana with three fumbles and six dropped passes? From the highlight videos, CC looks to have a very good offense, and most of the Griz skill players are not from Montana. And even the current Montana bred players have never played a college game in these temperatures. It isn't like below 0 temps are that common in Missoula, in spite of our reputation. Yeah, they can practice in it all week, but "acclimated" might be a stretch. If the Griz win, I hope the team gets some credit. The stadium and the thermometer and the decibel meter, though constantly harped on by Griz fans, have yet to score any points or make any tackles, as far as I can remember. Not saying the home field is not an advantage for UM, but, sure, it's tough to fly 3000 miles and play in the cold at WA/GRIZ, but mostly because of the team you're playing. It's probably harder to win in the Fargo Dome than at WA/GRIZ Saturday -- because of your team. xthumbsupx

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:40 AM
The alpharette phonebook lists 120 individual listings of the last name Ross, and that is just people with land lines, could be the dad, could be a cousin or uncle, or it could be some guy from the same town as the QB with the same last name who started following CCU when the QB left HS.

Who knows. Probably just some message board guy. You would think being from PA he would be a little more reasonable with the cold.

Not sure of the weather there, but I did do my driveway twice yesterday in Fargo, and my wife flew out to Jacksonville, FL today. I think I got the bad end of the stick there.

veinup
December 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Really? I hope you're right, FB, but seriously, how do we know that it won't be Montana with three fumbles and six dropped passes? From the highlight videos, CC looks to have a very good offense, and most of the Griz skill players are not from Montana. And even the current Montana bred players have never played a college game in these temperatures. It isn't like below 0 temps are that common in Missoula, in spite of our reputation. Yeah, they can practice in it all week, but "acclimated" might be a stretch. If the Griz win, I hope the team gets some credit. The stadium and the thermometer and the decibel meter, though constantly harped on by Griz fans, have yet to score any points or make any tackles, as far as I can remember. Not saying the home field is not an advantage for UM, but, sure, it's tough to fly 3000 miles and play in the cold at WA/GRIZ, but mostly because of the team you're playing. It's probably harder to win in the Fargo Dome than at WA/GRIZ Saturday -- because of your team. xthumbsupx

good post.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Not sure of the weather there, but I did do my driveway twice yesterday in Fargo, and my wife flew out to Jacksonville, FL today. I think I got the bad end of the stick there.

Mind over matter, just put on some swimming trunks and go tan in your front yard. (I am not to be held liable if you die, it was -4F when I came back from MSUM)

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mind over matter, just put on some swimming trunks and go tan in your front yard. (I am not to be held liable if you die, it was -4F when I came back from MSUM)

Lol, my niece in Philly asked how cold it was. I told her zero, and it is about time to put away the shorts and tee shirts, maybe breakout the pants and long sleeves.

Will be a cold tailgate, glad i am busy. Good luck to the bison and maybe the Griz will see you in the next game.

Green26
December 5th, 2013, 12:20 PM

Sure, bad things could happen to Montana, at least some probably will. However, do you really not think that it is more likely that more of the bad things happen to CC than to UM, and that UM is more likely to be prepared for the weather and field conditions than CC? UM practiced in the cold all week, and on the field. UM did its winter conditioning outside at 6am all winter. Do you not think that UM coaches are more used to preparing teams for cold weather than the CC coaches? Do you think CC is going to enjoy their practice this evening at 6, in the dark. Talk about cold.

As for the noise/crowd, the noise/crowd has inspired UM and caused multiple mistakes by opposing teams, such as motion penalties, delay of game penalties, and timeouts.

Do you think that UM has blown out almost every southern team to come to UM for the playoffs in the past 25 years, just because UM was so much better than those southern teams?

FargoBison
December 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM

CCU can't simulate getting hit in the cold, catching passes, etc...it is all different. The weather has given the Griz a much bigger home field advantage.

Honestly I also don't think CCU is all that amazing to begin with. They demolished an overrated MEAC team in round 1. They were pounded by Charleston Southern and struggled with some other mediocre teams in the regular season. I don't think defensively they are very good, they seem to have a prolific offense but it isn't anything Montana hasn't seen. I would take Montana home or away.

citdog
December 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Sure, bad things could happen to Montana, at least some probably will. However, do you really not think that it is more likely that more of the bad things happen to CC than to UM, and that UM is more likely to be prepared for the weather and field conditions than CC? UM practiced in the cold all week, and on the field. UM did its winter conditioning outside at 6am all winter. Do you not think that UM coaches are more used to preparing teams for cold weather than the CC coaches? Do you think CC is going to enjoy their practice this evening at 6, in the dark. Talk about cold.

As for the noise/crowd, the noise/crowd has inspired UM and caused multiple mistakes by opposing teams, such as motion penalties, delay of game penalties, and timeouts.

Do you think that UM has blown out almost every southern team to come to UM for the playoffs in the past 25 years, just because UM was so much better than those southern teams?

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/07/2012-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-preview-breaking-down-the-schedule/full/Wofford-Coach-Mike-Ayers-570x763.jpg

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/slideshow/2012/07/2012-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-preview-breaking-down-the-schedule/full/Wofford-Coach-Mike-Ayers-570x763.jpg

The little ankle-biters who could. xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Soup in the locker room at halftime?

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20131205/PC20/131209738/1177/coastal-carolina-copes-with-montana-x2019-s-frozen-tundra-advantage-in-fcs-playoffs

I'm beginning to think that this weather really is in CCU's head. If they're focusing this much on how to stay warm they're not going to have a chance to actually win the game.

citdog
December 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
The little ankle-biters who could. xthumbsupx

believe it or not Mike Ayers's nipples were HARDER that day in Missoula.

robsnotes4u
December 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
It is all Head Games for both sides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQG6OOQmh8

Bisonator
December 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Like I said Griz by 30. The chandelier chicks or whatever the hell they are will be wanting to leave before the game even starts. xcoffeex

Grizzlies82
December 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I think it really is going to depend on what team shows up for Coastal. The team that starts off slow and hopes to come back in the 2nd half vs the one that comes out strong and starts scoring fast and furiously. If the prior then it will be a very bad day for Chantnation, if the latter then I think Coastal will win.

I'd say this is a fair assessment. Getting off to a good start will be important to both teams. Because of the weather neither team is likely to score anywhere near their season averages. So it will be important to get out in front as early as possible. Also a two touchdown lead adds apx. 10 degrees to the sideline temperature.

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Like I said Griz by 30. The chandelier chicks or whatever the hell they are will be wanting to leave before the game even starts. xcoffeex

If Chris gets them drunk the night before at Red's they're truly screwed. xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

Soup in the locker room at halftime?

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20131205/PC20/131209738/1177/coastal-carolina-copes-with-montana-x2019-s-frozen-tundra-advantage-in-fcs-playoffs

I'm beginning to think that this weather really is in CCU's head. If they're focusing this much on how to stay warm they're not going to have a chance to actually win the game.

I've got some 100 proof peppermint schnapps with their names on it for a pregame warm up.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM
If Chris gets them drunk the night before at Red's they're truly screwed. xnodx

? I see that mentioned once in a while. Chris took some pics with them but he wasn't the one buying them the rounds from what I remember. They weren't exactly drunk either...it was only a couple beers each but I guess that's not as good of a story so I better let it live as it lives.xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
? I see that mentioned once in a while. Chris took some pics with them but he wasn't the one buying them the rounds from what I remember. They weren't exactly drunk either...it was only a couple beers each but I guess that's not as good of a story so I better let it live as it lives.xthumbsupx

Hmm. I guess that's the only way to explain turning the ball over ten times in one game. xconfusedx

Silenoz
December 5th, 2013, 05:13 PM
It was also a Thursday night, but the legend is better with a drunken Friday xlolx

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM

I think your details are a bit more correct than that of the legend.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2013, 05:32 PM

If Chris actually bought a round of drinks that story would trump the SFA story itself in a heartbeat..........................

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Hmm. I guess that's the only way to explain turning the ball over ten times in one game. xconfusedx
Right when that all started and so forth I was sort of shaking my head thinking (and posting) "WTF is the big deal about this" and I guess it just get's sort of set in people's in mind that this is how is was done whether than just attributing it to what the players actually did on the field...both theirs and ours.

Like I said, it's a better story I guess.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 5th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I think your details are a bit more correct than that of the legend.

Mine are exactly correct and you and I both know bartenders from Red's that confirm it.

And as that sexy bastard Brock Landers said...it was a Thurs. night on top of that anyway so it had absolutely nothing to do with that game unless a couple/few beers at 6-8p on a Thurs. night have the ability to screww an entire team over a day and a half later.

KNUTS
December 5th, 2013, 07:01 PM
If Chris actually bought a round of drinks that story would trump the SFA story itself in a heartbeat..........................

I think Chris was the one that was hammered and he still managed to show up on Saturday. Moss and the rest of SFA were clearly too cold and intimidated by the noise... It would be nice for the guy that was buying all the drinks to get some of the credit. Maybe we should all go buy some Hoagieville cheese fries and ponder that for awhile.

citdog
December 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I think Chris was the one that was hammered and he still managed to show up on Saturday. Moss and the rest of SFA were clearly too cold and intimidated by the noise... It would be nice for the guy that was buying all the drinks to get some of the credit. Maybe we should all go buy some Hoagieville cheese fries and ponder that for awhile.

Big Chick and Cheese Fries are the best!

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Big Chick and Cheese Fries are the best!

Send em to a place where they could put a little "south in their mouth". :D

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Send em to a place where they could put a little "south in their mouth". :D
Citdog tried that up here and only Grizo fell for it...........

Grizo406
December 5th, 2013, 09:03 PM

BOOM!

IN YOUR FACE, URSUS!!