PDA

View Full Version : 11-18 San Diego @ Portland State

JALMOND
October 11th, 2006, 05:30 PM
OK, my little San Diego friends. You want to be considered for the I-AA playoffs. You're making too much noise here, even with your schedule. You want to drop your participation in the Gridiron Classic. Let me offer this...Portland State has an open date 11-18, the same day as your "Gridiron Classic". If you are able to get out of that, and are able to drop Davis because you think you will be in the playoffs, come up to Portland and play the Vikings. If you are still undefeated and your team continues to run their mouths, I say put up or shut up. It would actually create a buzz in both towns as Portland is the AAA affiliate of the Padres. If you think you are such an elite I-AA team this year, have your firey coach get on it.

I'm getting tired of all this talk. San Diego, do something about it!!!

ToreroTime
October 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM
OK, my little San Diego friends. You want to be considered for the I-AA playoffs. You're making too much noise here, even with your schedule. You want to drop your participation in the Gridiron Classic. Let me offer this...Portland State has an open date 11-18, the same day as your "Gridiron Classic". If you are able to get out of that, and are able to drop Davis because you think you will be in the playoffs, come up to Portland and play the Vikings. If you are still undefeated and your team continues to run their mouths, I say put up or shut up. It would actually create a buzz in both towns as Portland is the AAA affiliate of the Padres. If you think you are such an elite I-AA team this year, have your firey coach get on it.

Ok sweet, well I just text messaged our AD and he said no problem and we'll also give you $500,000 for all the stress our posts have caused.

th0m
October 11th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, their game with UC Davis is on the 25th, the first week of the play-offs. This is one of the reasons that San Diego's participance in the play-offs this year is a moot point, because they have a game the weekend of the first round.

However, both teams ARE free on the 18th! So the game could still work out ;)

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM
However, both teams ARE free on the 18th! So the game could still work out ;)

SD will likely be playing the NEC that weekend in the Gridiron Classic.

October 11th, 2006, 06:16 PM
SD will likely be playing the NEC that weekend in the Gridiron Classic.I'll be there! :nod:

th0m
October 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
SD will likely be playing the NEC that weekend in the Gridiron Classic.

Oops, I thought their Classic was against UC Davis. My bad.

Torero Tradition
October 11th, 2006, 06:30 PM

FYI- I-AA teams are only allowed to play 11 Regular season games this year. You guy's wouldn't be eligible to play us. xidiotx

Torero Tradition
October 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I'll be there! :nod:

Ralph glad to hear you'll be there! :hurray:
Maybe we will too? xlolx

LeopardFan04
October 11th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Random question concerning this hypothetical...is there an ncaa deadline for when teams need to finalize their schedules...that is, could two teams formulate a game and play it after the original season schedules come out...I realize there's restrictions with total games, and dates and things like that...but if a team cancelled on another team, could one of those teams quickly schedule a game to play?

Pard4Life
October 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Random question concerning this hypothetical...is there an ncaa deadline for when teams need to finalize their schedules...that is, could two teams formulate a game and play it after the original season schedules come out...I realize there's restrictions with total games, and dates and things like that...but if a team cancelled on another team, could one of those teams quickly schedule a game to play?

I imagine sometime in the summer... it would be one royal pain in the pizzazz to cordinate last minute travel, flights etc. within the school, let alone schedule referees and other stadium officials. All this San Diego talk is silly.. I hope they lose next week and they just go away...

Stang Fever
October 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I imagine sometime in the summer... it would be one royal pain in the pizzazz to cordinate last minute travel, flights etc. within the school, let alone schedule referees and other stadium officials. All this San Diego talk is silly.. I hope they lose next week and they just go away...

SAME HERE

OrneryAggie
October 11th, 2006, 11:01 PM
All this San Diego talk is silly.. I hope they lose next week and they just go away...

No Way! I want USD ranked as high as they can be before the UCD game. The ags blew their last 2 games against top 10 teams and I'm sure they want a chance to redeem themselves, no matter how undeserving everyone else thinks USD is.

JALMOND
October 12th, 2006, 01:40 AM
FYI- I-AA teams are only allowed to play 11 Regular season games this year. You guy's wouldn't be eligible to play us. xidiotx

No problem. We'll just drop Oregon. I'm sure you'd give us as big of a fight as the Ducks, being that you all are so good and all.

Actually, for all the hoopla going around and all the things being said about USD being included in the playoffs this year, this was my tongue in cheek response. If you all can get out of the Gridiron Classic and drop your game with Davis, then it should be no big deal for us to get out of the Oregon game and schedule you guys this late as a replacement for the Davis game. Your coach is saying he can get you in the playoffs, your AD is saying there are always options, I am providing you with a compromise. If they are so high and mighty, that it can be done (exactly how, I don't know, but they can do it).

Really, I say it can't be done. The earliest I'd say is next year.

Torero Tradition
October 12th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Being able to get Portland State and San Diego to play this season would be like the Vikings beating a Montana school, it just isn't going to happen this season. :cool:

JALMOND
October 13th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Being able to get Portland State and San Diego to play this season would be like the Vikings beating a Montana school, it just isn't going to happen this season. :cool:

Only because we do not schedule teams on the same level as Carroll College.

Torero Tradition
October 13th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Who's Carroll College? Are they the team out West I heard has to play in a minor league baseball stadium? That would suck...

Go Poly
October 13th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Who's Carroll College? Are they the team out West I heard has to play in a minor league baseball stadium? That would suck...

Carrol College is in Montana.

SochorField
October 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I wet my pants when I heard we were playing USD....

:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

Just keep winning USD...thats all you can do. See you at Toomey.

Oh, and I would'nt talk ***** to Portland State. Them some big boys.

Poly Pigskin
October 13th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I'm torn on this topic. Part of me wants to see USD lose as soon as possible just so we don't have to have this conversation 67 times every week. On the other hand, I keep thinking about how awesome it would be for Harbaugh to keep making an ass of himself in the media, and then get absolutely thrashed by Davis. Either way, all you USD people are freaking xidiotx .

GOKATS
October 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Only because we do not schedule teams on the same level as Carroll College.

Carroll College (Catholic college in Helena, MT) has won the last 4 NAIA National Champs). I'd give them some respect, because they could on any given day, give a lot of I-AA schools a run for the money.

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM
rescued from page 6...

GOTOREROS
October 17th, 2006, 11:44 AM

And people complain about the number of USD threads - I notice this one was started by an non-USD fan.....:rolleyes:

GOTOREROS

RobsPics
October 17th, 2006, 12:24 PM
San Diego doesn't want any part of PSU

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM
no one wants anything to do with PSU :rolleyes:

I Bleed Purple
October 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM
no one wants anything to do with PSU :rolleyes:
Except I-A rejects.

Yeah, I know we lost, deal with it Jalmond. :p