PDA

View Full Version : ARTICLE: Winterizing Peyton Manning? Title-winning coach, Fargo resident....

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM
http://kdvr.com/2013/11/26/winterizing-peyton-manning-title-winning-coach-fargo-resident-may-have-some-ideas/

Flame away for posting another NDSU article, but this one is pretty funny.

“We think body language and other subtleties like that are critical,” Bohl said. “You’ve got the guys who, when it’s cold, they put on a t-shirt. And when it’s really cold, they put on another t-shirt. Then you’ve got guys who are wearing hooded sweatshirts under their helmets.”

Which player do you want in your corner when the temperatures start to drop?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Don't let Mpls see that. He's mad about SDSU's and UND's IPFs

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Cool article.

Thanks for the post 02!!

Catbooster
November 26th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Interesting read. I've always felt (and I think it's a common opinion in cold areas) that it's largely mind over matter for the cold.

That article is written by the reporter that used to cover the Bobcats for the local newspaper, so it's not surprising he'd know about NDSU and Bohl.

SUPharmacist
November 27th, 2013, 12:47 AM
"With an average winter temperature of 16.8 degrees, it’s the fourth-coldest city in the U.S."

What metric are they using to classify a city, no way is balmy Fargo the fourth-coldest in the U.S. Although it and the wonderful wind have prepared me well, I rarely wear a jacket during Minneapolis winters.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2013, 02:26 AM
xeyebrowx

Therein lies the key for Bohl.

Getting his players – many of whom hail from tropical climates like Houston and Miami — ....

This is news to me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2013, 06:28 AM
xeyebrowx

This is news to me.

This here.

90% of the team is upper Midwest kids. Maybe a higher %.

gumby013
November 27th, 2013, 06:33 AM
This here.

90% of the team is upper Midwest kids. Maybe a higher %.

I think you solved it.

The solution is to convince Manning that he didn't grow up in Louisiana.

AmsterBison
November 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
"With an average winter temperature of 16.8 degrees, it’s the fourth-coldest city in the U.S."

What metric are they using to classify a city, no way is balmy Fargo the fourth-coldest in the U.S. Although it and the wonderful wind have prepared me well, I rarely wear a jacket during Minneapolis winters.

I did a google search on coldest cities and I think that they're counting Fairbanks, Alaska and Grand Forks, North Dakota as cities. Plus, they are saying that Bismarck is colder than Fargo.

I think that calling Grand Forks a city is a bit of a stretch, but it's definitely colder. And Fairbanks is way colder, like 15 degrees colder on average in January. On the other hand, Fairbanks has almost no wind and I'm guessing that anybody who has been outside when the wind is 20mph and the temp is zero would much rather be sitting at -10 with no wind.

Anyway, if NDSU loses recruits because they can't stand the thought of practicing outside most of the time, then I think that NDSU will actually become more dominant in the area rather than less.