PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-14

JALMOND
October 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM
OK, predictions for this weekend within the conference. Last week, went 2-2 somehow. Weber State is off this week, probably trying to find an offense. Anyway, here goes (all open for discussion, as usual).

EWU @ UNC---This for the bottom of the conference? Who would have thought that. Oh, where to start. The game has to be played. Let's just say UNC has had some moments and EWU has just been bad...UNC 24, EWU 22

ISU @ PSU---Bengals are coming off of an impressive road win in Greeley and the Vikings offense took last week off in Bozeman. Vikings "tinkering" with new players on offense resulted in no offense. Bengals offense looks great, but PSU's defense is playing well, too. Remains to be seen on both sides when PSU has the ball...PSU 24, ISU 16

MSU @ Sac State---All of a sudden, this has become a big conference game. Who would've thought that at the beginning of the year. Hornets have followed a blowout at Montana with two great wins at EWU and against Weber. Bobcats got back in the swing of things with wins over NAU and PSU. Whoever wins this will have another big win in a row...Sac State 28, MSU 25

NAU @ UM---The Jacks have had two weeks to prepare for the trip to Missoula. Montana prepared by routing EWU. With all the time in the world, could you really put together a game plan to beat the Griz?...UM 38, NAU 10.

poly51
October 11th, 2006, 02:05 PM
OK, predictions for this weekend within the conference. Last week, went 2-2 somehow. Weber State is off this week, probably trying to find an offense. Anyway, here goes (all open for discussion, as usual).

EWU @ UNC---This for the bottom of the conference? Who would have thought that. Oh, where to start. The game has to be played. Let's just say UNC has had some moments and EWU has just been bad...UNC 24, EWU 22

ISU @ PSU---Bengals are coming off of an impressive road win in Greeley and the Vikings offense took last week off in Bozeman. Vikings "tinkering" with new players on offense resulted in no offense. Bengals offense looks great, but PSU's defense is playing well, too. Remains to be seen on both sides when PSU has the ball...PSU 24, ISU 16

MSU @ Sac State---All of a sudden, this has become a big conference game. Who would've thought that at the beginning of the year. Hornets have followed a blowout at Montana with two great wins at EWU and against Weber. Bobcats got back in the swing of things with wins over NAU and PSU. Whoever wins this will have another big win in a row...Sac State 28, MSU 25

NAU @ UM---The Jacks have had two weeks to prepare for the trip to Missoula. Montana prepared by routing EWU. With all the time in the world, could you really put together a game plan to beat the Griz?...UM 38, NAU 10.

It is good to see Sacramento State getting picked to win games.:)

ncbears
October 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM
We've got more off field trouble this week. One of our starting defensive lineman was in a fight at a bar here in Greeley. He'll be out this week because he has a broken eye socket. Fun aint it????

Proud Griz Man
October 11th, 2006, 02:36 PM
UNC has three league losses and no team has ever won the conference title with three losses. Several BSC teams have one or two league losses, and their games become "must-win" or "loser-out" in nature.

To address Jalmond's comment about NAU's gameplanning for the UM game, it will be difficult because I understand NAU's success has come from a no-huddle, hurry-up offense that will be problematic with the noise level in WA-Griz stadium.

A full slate of four Big Sky Conference games is on the schedule Saturday as the second half of the college football seasons kicks into full gear. No. 3 Montana returns home after road wins over Portland State and Eastern Washington to take on Northern Arizona. The Lumberjacks are coming off a bye, and looking to snap an eight-game losing streak to the Grizzlies, who are celebrating homecoming ...Idaho State travels to Portland State. Idaho State is coming off a 41-13 win over Northern Colorado, while No. 25 Portland State has lost two straight to the Montana schools...Montana State travels to Sacramento State in a battle of the two teams who are tied for second place in the conference race. Montana State is 2-0 on the road this season, while Sacramento State is riding its first two-game conference winning streak since 2000. The Hornets are 2-1 in Big Sky play for the first time in school history...Eastern Washington travels to Northern Colorado. Both teams are looking to snap a three-game losing streak. The game will be shown live by Altitude Sports & Entertainment...All four games this week will be available at www.bigskytv.org.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I've been in mourning for a full week.

UM
MSU (yeah, picking the team that beat my team last week to lose)
UNC
PSU

Yeah, two weeks to rest the D and find the O before Montana.

Jackluv
October 11th, 2006, 02:45 PM
i think NAU will put up more points than EWU did on UM...NAU is more explosive and i think NAU and UM have the 2 best offenses in the Big Sky. it will be a shootout i think

barechestcat
October 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Jalmond,
You have my permission to pick MSU's opponent to win every week for the rest of the year.:D :smiley_wi

Ronbo
October 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
i think NAU will put up more points than EWU did on UM...NAU is more explosive and i think NAU and UM have the 2 best offenses in the Big Sky. it will be a shootout i think

You might be right. I will however point out that this same Montana defense shut you out last year at home.

GOKATS
October 11th, 2006, 04:25 PM
My guess:

UM

MSU

PSU

UNC

elkmcc
October 11th, 2006, 06:49 PM

Before I get too excited I want to see the griz offense fire on all cylinders, IMO it hasn't yet.

Jal continues to be high on the Griz. Anyone out there listening? Jerome has never beaten the Griz and probably won't this year either.

eagle1
October 11th, 2006, 11:12 PM
EWU vs UNC - EWU gets their offense going and defense stops the run. EWU 31-17

ISU vs PSU - Vikes rebound with hard fought win with defense. PSU 20-14

MSU vs SAC - Bobcats maintain their momentum but it's a close one. MSU 24-21

NAU vs UM - Griz keep things going at home in somewhat of an easy victory. UM 41-17

Go Eagles!!!

GreenDay17
October 11th, 2006, 11:17 PM
EWU 24 @ UNC 21 - EWU defense seals the victory with a late turnover

ISU 15 @ PSU 24 - ISU can only manage 5 FG's against arguably the best BSC defense

MSU 27 @ CSUS 28 - MSU misses on a late 2 pt play, going for the win rather than overtime

NAU 20 @ UM 38 - UM special teams continue to give the offense great field position

ncbears
October 11th, 2006, 11:21 PM
My picks:

EW

UM

PSU

SAC

mtgrizfan4life
October 11th, 2006, 11:47 PM
EWU 23-UNC 17: EWU cuts back the turnovers and are encouraged by the young offense moving the ball well, but also get 3 FG's, but a step forward.
PSU 27- ISU 24: this is a tough one being I have no clue what PSU will do. I think PSU defense creates a few more TOs and good field position. ISU will move the ball well but any TO will be costly. Also look for PSU offense to begin to find itself again.
MSU 34-Sac 20: Which cat team shows up? I think the one we have seen the last few weeks. I think MSU defense does better against SAC offense then Sac D verses CAT offense. Cats have a little more offense than SAC. Cats please do not make me look bad on this one.
MT 42- NAU 24- NAU history is not good against the GRIZ. I do think NAU offense is good enough to put up the yards but just not enough TDs. 24 is as many as the GRIZ will give up in the BSC. GRIZ take care of the ball much better this week. MT will create a few more TO's and get more big plays. Watson and Murietta will do as much as they can, but I just do not see them having the Defensive help. Look for Chambers and Bradshaw to have huge games as well.

SactoHornetFan
October 12th, 2006, 11:45 AM
EWU @ UNC: Ah, this year's Toliet Bowl. ;) Just kidding to my friends in Cheney and Greeley. Seeing how EWU has been close and competitive in their BSC games, I think I have to give them the nod here, barely. EWU 20, UNC 17.

ISU @ PSU This game has me scratching my head. ISU was predicted to challenge the Griz this year and too many turnovers have killed this team. PSU's once great season was exposed and broken in their game at Cal and it definitely showed last week against MSU. PSU stays alive, barely for the postseason. PSU 27, ISU 21.

NAU @ UM NAU is running into a buzzsaw that is the Montana Grizzlies. If this game was at Skydome, the Jacks possibly have a chance. Not this week or this year. UM 45, NAU 17.

MSU @ SAC The BSC Game of the Week. Who'da thought the winner of this game would have sole possession of second place after the first week of the year, or for that matter the second week. MSU brought a stingy defense against PSU last week, yet, PSU's offensive playmakers are battered and their depth isn't what was projected to be. MSU was only able to eek out 14 points against PSU's defense, which is a credit to the Vikings for hanging in the game.

SAC's offense finally stepped up in the first half, gaining over 230 yards. However, WSU defense was able to shut down Marquez in the second half as we were only able to score 7 points, that being on a short field. Although, we were given the ball twice in the fourth quarter at mid-field and the Wildcat defense held tough.

The key to this game will be the kicking game and who has more short field opportunities. The Hornets win another close game to improve to 3-1 in the BSC. SAC 27, MSU 24.

Jackluv
October 12th, 2006, 12:00 PM
You might be right. I will however point out that this same Montana defense shut you out last year at home.

i will point out that NAU has a new offense this year and if NAU can put up points on ASU , than they can score on UM

Walkon79
October 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM
EWU @ UNC: Ah, this year's Toliet Bowl. ;) Just kidding to my friends in Cheney and Greeley. Seeing how EWU has been close and competitive in their BSC games, I think I have to give them the nod here, barely. EWU 20, UNC 17.

ISU @ PSU This game has me scratching my head. ISU was predicted to challenge the Griz this year and too many turnovers have killed this team. PSU's once great season was exposed and broken in their game at Cal and it definitely showed last week against MSU. PSU stays alive, barely for the postseason. PSU 27, ISU 21.

NAU @ UM NAU is running into a buzzsaw that is the Montana Grizzlies. If this game was at Skydome, the Jacks possibly have a chance. Not this week or this year. UM 45, NAU 17.

MSU @ SAC The BSC Game of the Week. Who'da thought the winner of this game would have sole possession of second place after the first week of the year, or for that matter the second week. MSU brought a stingy defense against PSU last week, yet, PSU's offensive playmakers are battered and their depth isn't what was projected to be. MSU was only able to eek out 14 points against PSU's defense, which is a credit to the Vikings for hanging in the game.

SAC's offense finally stepped up in the first half, gaining over 230 yards. However, WSU defense was able to shut down Marquez in the second half as we were only able to score 7 points, that being on a short field. Although, we were given the ball twice in the fourth quarter at mid-field and the Wildcat defense held tough.

The key to this game will be the kicking game and who has more short field opportunities. The Hornets win another close game to improve to 3-1 in the BSC. SAC 27, MSU 24.

Cats usually don't play well in CA, but this season has been anything but usual.

Cats - 28
Sac - 14

barechestcat
October 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
EWU vs UNC - EWU is better then their record. Should have another conference "w" if not for a late game nap against Sac State. Eastern wins.

PSU vs ISU - Powerful ISU offense vs powerful PSU defense. This could be a tie. Struggling PSU offense against suspect ISU defense. This could be a tie. All things being equal, PSU gets the win with PGE Park being the advantage that puts them on top.

UM vs NAU - Griz too talented, too deep (especially at home) even with Murietta having a great season.

MSU vs SSU - A rejuvenated Bobcat squad overpowers the Hornets.

AZGrizFan
October 12th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Before I get too excited I want to see the griz offense fire on all cylinders, IMO it hasn't yet.

Jal continues to be high on the Griz. Anyone out there listening? Jerome has never beaten the Griz and probably won't this year either.

Couldn't agree more elk. A lot of coulda/shoulda/woulda's in the last two games...They've left 14-21 points OFF the board in each of those games. I know, I know, the defenses get some of that credit, but there have been a lot of dumb mistakes as well.

elkmcc
October 12th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Couldn't agree more elk. A lot of coulda/shoulda/woulda's in the last two games...They've left 14-21 points OFF the board in each of those games. I know, I know, the defenses get some of that credit, but there have been a lot of dumb mistakes as well.

Swogger quits throwing the end zone ints, Coleman comes back, EA gets healthy, Quinn becomes eligible, watch out!

Grizlander
October 12th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Swogger quits throwing the end zone ints, Coleman comes back, EA gets healthy, Quinn becomes eligible, watch out!

If Swog can take care of the ball I will be happy. If he does not, it will kill us in November. We have been lucky so far that the D has stepped up and kept it even.

DaGriz
October 13th, 2006, 12:11 AM
but this season has been anything but usual

xidiotx Isn't that the truth. Weird year in the Big Sky.