PDA

View Full Version : Coach Samuel out at SEMO

kdinva
November 26th, 2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4643441

on top of the world in 2010...........

Redhawk2010
November 27th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Unfortunately that was his only good season Win-Loss. Great guy and I'm sure he'll land himself somewhere as an assistant. Probably best thing for him honestly. At some point, the administration has to get it figured out. Vince Lombardi would not win in Cape Girardeau...

Squealofthepig
November 28th, 2013, 02:15 AM
It was also the only year he won more than four games during his tenure.

Is SEMO really a place where someone can build a good FCS program? You have a ton of BCS conferences within shouting distance (Mizzou, Illinois, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and of course Memphis); other FBS teams in CUSA and the MAC; Missouri Valley teams also all around; and of course your other OVC teams. I will say in SEMO's defense they gave Samuel as much time as could be reasonably expected - I would just note SEMO may be a tough place to build a team logistically (to say nothing of other factors).

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
30-60 since 2006 with only one good year (2010). 3-9 this year included a win over a D2. That will get you canned most places.

Redhawk2010
November 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Oh, don't pretend that I think he should have kept his job. I hope you guys don't believe that. He deserved to be fired. But with such a low budget, it would be hard for anybody to win there.

Since SEMO went DI, they have had three winning seasons total. With three different head coaches.