PDA

View Full Version : 2013 All Patriot League Teams Announced

smallcollegefbfan
November 26th, 2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112613aab.html

2013 All-Patriot League Football Team
Offensive Player of the Year: Michael Nebrich, QB, Fordham (Jr.)
Defensive Player of the Year: Stephen Hodge, LB, Fordham (Jr.)
Rookie of the Year: Peter Pujals, QB, Holy Cross (Fr.)
Coach of the Year: Joe Moorhead, Fordham

First-Team
Offense Defense
Pos. Name, School Yr. Pos. Name, School Yr.
QB Michael Nebrich, Fordham Jr. DL Brett Biestek, Fordham Sr.
RB Carlton Koonce, Fordham Sr. DL Tim Newton, Lehigh Jr.
RB Keith Sherman, Lehigh Sr. DL DeAndre Slate, Fordham Jr.
FB/HB Ed Pavalko, Colgate Jr. DL Tracey Smith, Bucknell Sr.
WR Sam Ajala, Fordham Jr. LB Mike Boles, Lafayette Sr.
WR Lee Kurfis, Lehigh Sr. LB Evan Byers, Bucknell Jr.
WR Mark Ross, Lafayette Sr. LB Stephen Hodge, Fordham Jr.
TE Dan Light, Fordham Jr. LB Dustin Wharton, Georgetown Sr.
OL Luke Chiarolanzio, Lafayette Jr. DB Mike Armiento, Colgate Jr.
OL Ned Daryoush, Lehigh Jr. DB Matt Smalley, Lafayette So.
OL Tom Fisher, Fordham Sr. DB Ian Williams, Fordham Sr.
OL Mason Halter, Fordham Jr. DB Tyler Ward, Lehigh Sr.
OL Lonnie Rawles, Bucknell Jr. P Tim Divers, Lehigh Sr.
PK Michael Marando, Fordham Jr.
RS Matt Smalley, Lafayette So.

Second-Team#
Offense Defense
Pos. Name, School Yr. Pos. Name, School Yr.
QB Brandon Bialkowski, Lehigh Sr. DL Demetrius Baldwin-Youngblood, Bucknell Jr.
RB Ross Scheuerman, Lafayette Jr. DL Alec May, Georgetown Jr.
RB C.J. Williams, Bucknell Fr. DL Steve Mercado, Lafayette So.
FB/HB Greg Kessel, Lafayette Sr. DL Jordan Richardson, Georgetown Jr.
WR Mike Fess, Holy Cross Sr. LB Nick Alfieri, Georgetown Jr.
WR Tebucky Jones, Fordham Jr. LB Austin Hancock, Fordham Jr.
WR Brian Wetzel, Fordham Jr. LB Kris Kent, Colgate Jr.
TE Daniel Sprotte, Georgetown Sr. LB Nigel Muhammad, Lehigh Sr.
OL Jordi Dalmau, Colgate Fr. DB Jordan Chapman, Fordham Jr.
OL Julie’n Davenport, Bucknell Fr. DB Jared Roberts, Lafayette Jr.
OL Matt Lippincott, Lehigh Sr. DB Matthew Steinbeck, Bucknell Jr.

OL Zack Mazur, Lafayette Jr. DB Levon Williams, Fordham Jr.
OL Kyle Pedretty, Holy Cross Sr. P John Macomber, Holy Cross Sr.
PK Ryan Gralish, Lafayette So. P Joe Pavlik, Fordham Fr.
RS Brian Wetzel, Fordham Jr.
# - Due to a tie in the voting, there is an additional P on the All-Patriot League second team

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Looks pretty good. I would have given ROY to Reed. Pujals was pretty good but his team was horrendous. Ultimately, I'm not sure how much of a difference he made. Reed turned LC's season around.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Congrats to all! Shout out of course to the Pards and Stephen Hodge a Shawnee High School (my alma mater) of Medford, NJ grad!!

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Bialkowski over McCarney? Sherman over Scheurman? Who the hell decides this team Andy Coen?

FordhamFan
November 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Major congrats to the Rams for having a record 18 selections

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Bialkowski over McCarney? Sherman over Scheurman? Who the hell decides this team Andy Coen?

McCarney and BB were both hurt for much of the year. McCarney also had some really bad games.

You really need to get a grip with the Sherman/Scheurman deal. Be a little objective. Your perspective was ridiculously skewed from the start. The "objective" folks agree with me. :D

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Bialkowski over McCarney?

Yeah I have to wonder about that one, too

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM
McCarney and BB were both hurt for much of the year. McCarney also had some really bad games.

You really need to get a grip with the Sherman/Scheurman deal. Be a little objective. Your perspective was ridiculously skewed from the start. The "objective" folks agree with me. :D

Sherman only finished with more yards than Scheurman because Scheurman was out for a good portion of the 2nd half last week with a minor injury. He is much more explosive.

McCarney actually finished with pretty good stats, and is the only reason why Colgate wasn't a complete train wreck this year. I find it odd that a guy that played 7.5 games in his career would get the nod over one of the best dual threat Qb's in PL history.

Brandon Hall the Lafayette TE also got snubbed. His receiving stats weren't eye popping, but he actually blocks and blocks well. That is still actually a component of TE play believe it or not.

That is all...i've said my piece.

Sader87
November 26th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I thought Reed might get RoY as well.....Pujals was one of the few bright lights in what turned out to be a very disappointing season. Probably "throwing HC a bone" so to speak. The kid did have some great games this year though, very talented (supposedly came to HC over NC State or No. Ill) and look forward to seeing 3 more years of him.

Congrats to all.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
BB 8 Games Played - Efficiency 141.76, 216-337 64.09%, Completion, 18 TD's 10 Int's, 2647 Yards, Average 330 ypg Game;Rushing 38 yards 1 TD
McCarney 10 Games Played - Efficiency 138.77, 144-218 66.06% Completion, 10 TD's 7 INT's, 1661 yards 166 ypg Average; Rushing 627 ypg, 3 TD's...

Gater
November 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Surprised Reed isn't 2nd team QB. He completed 74% of his passes with 17 TD's and 5INT's. Played in 7 games.

Sader87
November 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Having been a part of choosing "all-league" teams (albeit at the HS level,) it's almost always a case of keeping all the members happy so to speak i.e. make sure everyone's represented accordingly etc Admittedly some kids get snubbed due to this.

Southsider
November 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Sherman only finished with more yards than Scheurman because Scheurman was out for a good portion of the 2nd half last week with a minor injury. He is much more explosive.

McCarney actually finished with pretty good stats, and is the only reason why Colgate wasn't a complete train wreck this year. I find it odd that a guy that played 7.5 games in his career would get the nod over one of the best dual threat Qb's in PL history.

Brandon Hall the Lafayette TE also got snubbed. His receiving stats weren't eye popping, but he actually blocks and blocks well. That is still actually a component of TE play believe it or not.

You promise? LU Sherman definately more explosive, no doubt about it. I think Pujals was the right pick for ROY. Had Reed played more games he likely would have won it.

CFBfan
November 26th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Major congrats to the Rams for having a record 18 selections

with 60 scholarship kids in a league where every other team has 15 and all 15 are freshman this should be of no surprise at all, in fact FU arguably underachieved

ace93
November 26th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Congrats to all! Shout out of course to the Pards and Stephen Hodge a Shawnee High School (my alma mater) of Medford, NJ grad!!

Stephen Hodge is one of those stories that are great to hear. Came to Fordham un-recruited wide receiver. Got himself on the kickoff team from day one. Gets converted to an LB and obviously has done a great job. The kid has a nose for the ball.

van
November 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Quite a few Jrs on that list, bodes well for next year.

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM

You promise? LU Sherman definately more explosive, no doubt about it. I think Pujals was the right pick for ROY. Had Reed played more games he likely would have won it.

Please-- Did you see the kick return by Scheurman on the first play of the game? He also has a KO return for a TD in 2011. Scheurman took two runs to the house 70 plus yards this year, one against Bucknell and one against Princeton. Keith Sherman is a tough runner, but is not explosive. What is his longest play of the year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXpGlk56xFc

See play #4. The Bucknell DB has the angle, but Scheurman just runs right by him. How did Sherman do against Bucknell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6lr4KyHmxs

See play #4 and #2, especially 2.

Franks Tanks
November 26th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Quite a few Jrs on that list, bodes well for next year.

For who? Lehigh?

I can't wait to see that defense again next year with a seasoned Drew Reed and Mr. Scheurman. I hope all those guys are back next year.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I thought Reed might get RoY as well.....Pujals was one of the few bright lights in what turned out to be a very disappointing season. Probably "throwing HC a bone" so to speak. The kid did have some great games this year though, very talented (supposedly came to HC over NC State or No. Ill) and look forward to seeing 3 more years of him.

Congrats to all.

They'd already polished the brass on Pujals' trophy by halftime of the HC-Harvard game. Reed was still riding the pine at Lafayette behind Dzruik (and ZZ) at that point. Center Valley is cheap that way.

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Having been a part of choosing "all-league" teams (albeit at the HS level,) it's almost always a case of keeping all the members happy so to speak i.e. make sure everyone's represented accordingly etc Admittedly some kids get snubbed due to this.

Is this why Georgetown is still mentioned . . . for anything? xblehx

EDIT - My apology, S87. I'd forgotten about last weekend. You guys really jumped the shark on that one.

FordhamFan
November 26th, 2013, 02:19 PM
with 60 scholarship kids in a league where every other team has 15 and all 15 are freshman this should be of no surprise at all, in fact FU arguably underachieved

Underachieved? 18 of Fordhams 25 starters made 1st or 2nd team. That's 72 percent! The rest can probably be attributed to the below...

CFBfan
November 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Underachieved? 18 of Fordhams 25 starters made 1st or 2nd team. That's 72 percent! The rest can probably be attributed to the below...

the underachieved comment was tongue in cheek fordhamfan

ace93
November 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM

Not all other teams have 15 though. ;)

Out of curiosity, and b/c I do not know the answer, were any of the other PL teams allowed to bring in a transfer and put him on scholarship? Where they allowed to give the scholarship to an existing player who was of enough value to them and was not getting enough need-based aid already?

BTW, Stephen Hodge at FU is *not* on scholarship. Not sure about all the others that were selected to the two teams, though I am sure about some.

FordhamFan
November 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM
the underachieved comment was tongue in cheek fordhamfan

Oops haha my bad. Apologies for getting fired up

Southsider
November 27th, 2013, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2059880]

Please-- Did you see the kick return by Scheurman on the first play of the game? He also has a KO return for a TD in 2011. Scheurman took two runs to the house 70 plus yards this year, one against Bucknell and one against Princeton. Keith Sherman is a tough runner, but is not explosive. What is his longest play of the year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXpGlk56xFc

See play #4. The Bucknell DB has the angle, but Scheurman just runs right by him. How did Sherman do against Bucknell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6lr4KyHmxs

See play #4 and #2, especially 2.

Saw it all......but remember, by all accounts LU was a "total joke". So against such inferior competition I just can't put much stock into these all world accomplishments!

CFBfan
November 27th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Oops haha my bad. Apologies for getting fired up

no worries! hard to know when reading not hearing, have a great thanksgiving

Bogus Megapardus
November 27th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Drew Reed might not be the Patriot League ROY but he's now a Jerry Rice Award finalist (along with Peter Pujals and C.J. Williams).

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/11/25/5944806/jerry-rice-award-finalists-announced.html

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4643164

ngineer
November 27th, 2013, 08:58 PM

Sherman and Scheurman were basically even in my view. Tie goes to the senior. Scheurman gets his next year is how it usually works.

RichH2
November 27th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Not all other teams have 15 though. ;)

Out of curiosity, and b/c I do not know the answer, were any of the other PL teams allowed to bring in a transfer and put him on scholarship? Where they allowed to give the scholarship to an existing player who was of enough value to them and was not getting enough need-based aid already?

BTW, Stephen Hodge at FU is *not* on scholarship. Not sure about all the others that were selected to the two teams, though I am sure about some.

Per PL rule schollies cannot be given to current players. Yes,transfers can get schollies.LU has a transfer RB from U of Miami entering in Jan on full scholarship.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, so much sour grapes from the PL champions. Good show guys.

Sader87
November 27th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Per PL rule schollies cannot be given to current players. Yes,transfers can get schollies.LU has a transfer RB from U of Miami entering in Jan on full scholarship.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, if you want to get technical, Lafayette would have been champions of the PL even if Fordham was eligible....just sayin'

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2013, 11:35 PM
How did Zach Hayden not make it at fullback over Kessel, considering Lehigh out-rushed Lafayette statistically and Hayden generated more overall offense than Kessel (not to mention he advanced that blocked punt against Monmouth and virtually won the game for us)?

Pavalko should be first team, but Kessel 2nd I don't understand.

Reed should have been ROY. Really surprised Pujals won it over him.

Kramer
November 28th, 2013, 04:36 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, if you want to get technical, Lafayette would have been champions of the PL even if Fordham was eligible....just sayin'

yes, so what does your comment have to do with Rich's comment?

RichH2
November 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Missed the point 87. Thread is about All PL rosters. Pards hyperbolic over what they didn't get, when to me they s/b celebrating what they did get. Rather like always seeing glaas as 1/2 empty.

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM
On this day of pause and reflection, I'd like to give thanks to Lehigh. We wouldn't be playing this weekend without them xthumbsupx

RichH2
November 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM
On this day of pause and reflection, I'd like to give thanks to Lehigh. We wouldn't be playing this weekend

without them xthumbsupx

xlolxxsalutex:( A little bit of all 3 but you deserved win. Good luck and beat UNH and have a Happy Thanksgivingxnodx

Bill
November 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=RichH2;2060989LU has a transfer RB from U of Miami entering in Jan on full scholarship.
[/QUOTE]

Local kid ? How is a kid from the "U" getting into Lehigh? :)

as always - good luck to Lafayette this weekend...ESPN3 stream sucks in Europe!

RichH2
November 28th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Local kid ? How is a kid from the "U" getting into Lehigh? :)

as always - good luck to LafayetteNe sax on this weekend...ESPN3 stream sucks in Europe!

He was All Academic 1st team for ACC. Football he letterdd on special teams as a frosh RB.

ngineer
November 28th, 2013, 05:05 PM
He was All Academic 1st team for ACC. Football he letterdd on special teams as a frosh RB.

Should provide some much need competition at that position. Sherman tough to replace.