PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Poll?

penguinpower
November 26th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I am suggesting that we start some sort of a playoff poll next year. The reason is to better understand how the field will be selected.

The AGS poll does not account for conference autobids. Team like butler will never make the top 25 and so they become more invisible to the uninformed. I suggest the playoff poll picks the top 24 teams that will get in regardless of the record so that it will give a better picture toward the end of the year.

Thoughts?

superman7515
November 26th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I would only suggest you help out with the AGS poll for a year or two. Once you see how "fun" that is, you may change your mind, haha.

MTfan4life
November 26th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I am suggesting that we start some sort of a playoff poll next year. The reason is to better understand how the field will be selected.

The AGS poll does not account for conference autobids. Team like butler will never make the top 25 and so they become more invisible to the uninformed. I suggest the playoff poll picks the top 24 teams that will get in regardless of the record so that it will give a better picture toward the end of the year.

Thoughts?

This is what playoff projections are for. Polls are there to rank the teams in your opinion. Playoff projections are the teams that you think will make the playoffs. It wouldn't make sense to include a poll that would arbitrarily need to include lower ability teams.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Thoughts?
Unnecessary, all it takes is a little extra effort to figure it out on your own. Just eliminate the autobids and take the top 13 after that, see here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148307-AGS-Poll-Results-Week-13-2013&p=2057108#post2057108