PDA

View Full Version : Colgate-Cornell

ColgateTD
October 11th, 2006, 11:22 AM
This is a difficult game to pick. With the PL losses to the Ivies this season who knows what will happen? Cornell showed some promise last week and 'Gate is going through adjustments and a youth movement on the OL and defense.

I see the Sagarin board has 'Gate ranked #167 and Cornell at #189 'Gate's rating is 49.14 and Cornell is at 45.14. By this we should see a Colgate win by a few points, but there is always the big rivalry between these two teams -- or at least on the part of 'Gate -- so, again, who knows?....:confused:

I just know Colgate has to play better to get in shape for the real season - the PL game with Fordham the following weekend....

Pard4Life
October 11th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Shouldn't this thread read SUNY-Ithaca? :D

But yes Coglate needs to get their act together on all sides of the ball and put some points on the board.

ngineer
October 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM
'gate better win this one--one of the few this year where the PL is favored...:D

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Cornell is no Princeton. I think Colgate should roll over SUNY-Ithaca in the "white-out" (as I like to call it).

ColgateTD
October 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Hey, I appreciate all your feelings that this will be a cakewalk for 'Gate, but when these two teams get together you can throw the records out the window. (It's sort of a mini-LU-LC game!)....:smiley_wi

It WOULD be nice to have a PL team beat up on one of the Ivies...

Go...gate
October 11th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Shouldn't this thread read SUNY-Ithaca? :D

But yes Coglate needs to get their act together on all sides of the ball and put some points on the board.

So does Lafayette, for that matter :smiley_wi.

TheValleyRaider
October 11th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I wish this thread were on the smack board so I could tell you what I really think ;)

I'm confident in Colgate's ability to beat a significantly weaker Cornell team. Not that I could ever see us losing to Cornell. In anything. Ever. :nod: :D

While history has not been the kindest to us recently (see Princeton, at Colgate), we do own a 10 game winning streak against the Red, and used them as a springboard last season after the terrible losses to CCSU and Dartmouth. It will no doubt be a tight one, and both teams will be ready to bring it.

Plus my sister goes to Cornell. If we lose, I'll never get to hear the end of it...

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Uh oh, the Big Red had other ideas! Oh, well, there's always hockey season!:p

blukeys
October 14th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Uh oh, the Big Red had other ideas! Oh, well, there's always hockey season!:p

Well at least Holy Cross beat Dartmouth today. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TheValleyRaider
October 15th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Wow. We simply got smacked in the teeth, and folded like a cheap suit. An absolutely terrible performance from Colgate. The defense looked uninterested and the offense looked completely confused. They've got a week to wake the heck up before the PL schedule.

: smh : : smh : : smh :

ColgateTD
October 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Holy cow - what a terrible game. Not much time to salvage the season..

DFW HOYA
October 15th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Holy cow - what a terrible game. Not much time to salvage the season..

Colgate is still tied for second with five PL games remaining. Win those and the season is more than salvaged.

On the other hand, Georgetown is already mathematically eliminated from the PL race.

carney2
October 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
What happened?!!! 13 and go gate guaranteed me that this could not be.

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Its the curse Carney!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Wow. We simply got smacked in the teeth, and folded like a cheap suit. An absolutely terrible performance from <insert team nme here>. The defense looked uninterested and the offense looked completely confused. They've got a week to wake the heck up before the PL schedule.

I think Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate are all saying the same thing this weekend. :o

Go...gate
October 15th, 2006, 10:16 PM
What happened?!!! 13 and go gate guaranteed me that this could not be.

They beat the crap out of us. I thought we were struggling, but this is not good at all. I'm thinking a 4-7 season might be the ultimate result. The offensive line is green and needs more experience.

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I think Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate are all saying the same thing this weekend. :o

Ditto...

BTW...is there a minimum record to get the autobid? 6-5 looks like a strong possibility, but what if the champ was 5-6? still in the playoffs? :rotateh:

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2006, 08:14 AM
In my opinion, there should be a minimum record, at least 6-5...If not, let it go to an at large or San Diego :)

bandl
October 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
In my opinion, there should be a minimum record, at least 6-5...If not, let it go to an at large or San Diego :)
Imagine this....Patriot League champ goes a pathetic 6-5...Youngstown State stumbles into third place in the Gateway near the end of the season with losses against UNI and ISU and a overall record of 8-3...YSU don't get into the playoffs AGAIN because of the Patriot League. HA! xlolx LOL YSU fans would be calling for a minimum win record, even for the auto-bids! :p

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
The nightmare scenario I keep thinking about:

Sunday, 1PM EST, November 19th.

PLAYOFF PAIRINGS ANNOUNCED

Lafayette (6-5) at Youngstown State (9-2)

LeopardFan04
October 16th, 2006, 10:27 AM

xlolx We won't beat up the Penguins that badly...:D

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Imagine this....Patriot League champ goes a pathetic 6-5...Youngstown State stumbles into third place in the Gateway near the end of the season with losses against UNI and ISU and a overall record of 8-3...YSU don't get into the playoffs AGAIN because of the Patriot League. HA! xlolx LOL YSU fans would be calling for a minimum win record, even for the auto-bids! :p

Christ, Bandl, we will have to establish a separate category for that on here: YSU Whining.....

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2006, 12:04 PM

Somebody on the selection committee must have a sense of humor if that happens...

No, we will probably get sent to UNH or UMass if that ever happens.. apparently there is a lack of effort on our team with the coach saying we might not win another game... awful awful... : smh :

ColgateTD
October 16th, 2006, 07:58 PM
...And I started this thread by saying this game ('Gate - Cornell) was difficult to pick....sheeeesh!