PDA

View Full Version : CCSU HC Jeff McInerney Resigns

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/blog/hc-central-connecticut-coach-jeff-mcinerney-resigns-20131125,0,1358171.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

buffalobill
November 25th, 2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/blog/hc-central-connecticut-coach-jeff-mcinerney-resigns-20131125,0,1358171.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
He was on the NDSU staff when NDSU beat Montana U in 2003 25-24 in Missoula! That was in the beginning of NDSU's transition to Division 1.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hmmm. Interesting. Wasn't it posted on here that a coach's normal shelf life is 8 or 9 years? They just fired JMU coach and he won a title. Also interesting LFN, John Loose (Lafayette DC) I'm fairly certain interviewed for that job and they gave it to Jay. Do you think they would - or he would - restart discussions??

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. Wasn't it posted on here that a coach's normal shelf life is 8 or 9 years? They just fired JMU coach and he won a title. Also interesting LFN, John Loose (Lafayette DC) I'm fairly certain interviewed for that job and they gave it to Jay. Do you think they would - or he would - restart discussions??

That's interesting. As to CCSU's thoughts on McInerney's successor, I defer to our CCSU field on AGS. Though that would be interesting if Loose would return for another round of job interviews.

Was interested to leard that Coach Mac was a defensive coordinator at URI. He's talked a lot about how much he loves the Lehigh Valley (has family here). The question is, does Lehigh have a spot open for a defensive coordinator?

UNHWildcat18
November 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
CCSU needs a stud coach who will recruit significantly better and more out of state. They need to be successful if they ever hope to get into the CAA.
(granted teams left/ if divisions were to be made).

Go Green
November 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Dartmouth opens with CCSU in 2014. We are going to have a "Devil" of a time preparing for a team with a new head coach!

Fortunately, the Ivy opens late. CCSU may have already played a game or two to give us an idea of what we're facing.