PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Biggest Moment: What if?

TypicalTribe
November 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
There is no question that the single most critical moment on Saturday came on Samford winning drive against Elon. By scoring in the final seconds, Samford not only handed the auto-bid to Furman but punched their own ticket to the FCS playoffs. Here's the question: If they don't score on that last play, Chatty gets the bid and Samford and Furman stay home. That leaves one other at-large available. Who would have gotten it?

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
North Carolina A&T probably but maybe UT Martin ;)

Joking aside, I would have to say YSU.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM
The ESPNU graphic said Lehigh, W&M and Chatty were the three just outside. It leads one to believe that W&M or Lehigh would have been that last team?

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM
The ESPNU graphic said Lehigh, W&M and Chatty were the three just outside. It leads one to believe that W&M or Lehigh would have been that last team?

Lol YSU wasn't even the first one left out? 8 DI wins in a power conference just isn't what it used to be.

W&M has 2 ****ty OOC wins and an FBS loss (4-7 WVU) just like YSU (10-1 MichSU). And W&M lost their last 2 games to end the season just like YSU. W&M lost 5 games and won 7, YSU lost 4 games and won 8...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Lol YSU wasn't even the first one left out? 8 DI wins in a power conference just isn't what it used to be.

I am going by memory from the graphic on ESPNU, for what that's worth (not much).

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I am going by memory from the graphic on ESPNU, for what that's worth (not much).

I didn't watch it, went to bed at 930am, couldn't make it till the selection show.

Southsider
November 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM

It said "first 3 out". To me that means they were given about 2 seconds of consideration.........and in Lehigh's case, rightly so.