PDA

View Full Version : Go Chanticleers!

superman7515
November 24th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I'll be rooting for the Chanticleers in the post-season this year, although I don't expect them to make it far. George Glenn, former Cape Henlopen High head football coach is the Director of Football Operations at Coastal, so I'm converting to a different rooster for the ol' coach of my high school team. Go Chanticleers!

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/glenn_george00.html

Glenn brings over 30 years of football experience to Coastal Carolina both as a high school head coach as well as being co-founder and camp director of the Blue Chip Football Camp, held annually in Delaware since 1976.

Glenn was both athletic director and head football coach at Cape Henlopen (Del.) High School. Prior to that, he was head coach at Salesianum (Del.) School for 21 years.

He is the winningest head football coach in the history of Salesianum School, chalking up 119 victories from 1976 to 1992. Salesianum won the Delaware Division I state championship in 1986, when he was named Delaware Football Coach of the Year. Salesianum additionally reached the state championship in 1980, '87, '88 and '92, while reaching the semifinals in 1981, '83, '84 and '90. Prior to taking over as head coach, Glenn was offensive coordinator at Salesianum from 1972-75, helping the program win a state title in 1972.

Glenn won another 25 games in four seasons - posting at least six wins each season - as head coach at Cape Henlopen High School, taking over a program that was just 1-9 prior to his arrival.
At the time he finished his 21-year Delaware head coaching career, Glenn was the second-winningest head football coach in state history. In addition to his 1986 Delaware Coach of the Year honor, Glenn has been the Delaware Catholic League Coach of the Year (1980), head coach for the Delaware All-Star Game (1981), assistant coach for the Delaware All-Star Game (1991) and Delaware Today Magazine's 1987 Coach of the Year.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Looking forward to welcoming another Southern team to Missoula. Hope it ends up being Coastal.