PDA

View Full Version : Another gift for Montana?

Pages : [1] 2

clawman
November 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Help me understand how MT is seeded and NAU is not.
NAU beat Montana, bad
Eastern thumped the Grizzlies until they let off and allowed a couple of cheap TD's
Montana only beat one team with a winning record, MSU, and they didn't even make the playoff field.

It seems either MT got preferential treatment or NAU got screwed.

Darlinikki150
November 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
NAU got screwed.

Bison56
November 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM
$$$

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM
NAU beat Montana, bad
Eastern thumped the Grizzlies until they let off and allowed a couple of cheap TD's
Montana only beat one team with a winning record, MSU, and they didn't even make the playoff field.

And NAU got the **** kicked out of them by that same MSU team.

And cheap TDs? UM lost that game by 5, and that includes a missed FG, a missed 2 point, and an onside kick attempt all during the 4th quarter. By that logic EWU only beat UM last year because of cheap TDs and a successful onside kick.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
It works for us. Montana is going to get blown at the fargodome. NAU got screwed.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
It works for us. Montana is going to get blown at the fargodome. NAU got screwed.

xlolx

Who has the honor?

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:36 PM
xlolx

Who has the honor?
I'll bump this up if you can get to the fargodome. Montana vs NDSU will not even be close. Frankly, I was worried about USD more than Montana.

birdsflyhigh
November 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Agreed. Montana got lucky at middling South Dakata and escaped with a literally last minute length of the field TD run. It's gonna get REAL ugly when the Griz hit the Fargodome. Blow-out city!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
NAU should have been a seed over Montana. Plus they got a very tough game in SDSU. IMO, SDSU wins that game.

Looking forward to reading the bull**it the Griz fans sling the next few weeks...xthumbsupx

NDSU is going to crush Montana.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I'll bump this up if you can get to the fargodome. Montana vs NDSU will not even be close. Frankly, I was worried about USD more than Montana.

Didn't even catch your own **** up. Typical genius Bizon fan.

And the Griz will give you all you can handle.xnodx

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM

I was making fun of the typo... sheesh. You know, for all the Bison success the last few years, some fans really seem to struggle knowing how to handle it. You won't see much (if any) Griz fans predicting a win over your squad if the matchup happens, but you'll act disrespected anyways.

veinup
November 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
it does seem unfair.

and yes, montana will get crushed if they make it to ndsu.

underdawg
November 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Boy are the Griz in for a reality check! Please do me a favor Bison and Kick their *ss a couple more times for the three dearly departed Valley teams that could have given THEM everything they wanted.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 01:42 PM
NAU should have been a seed over Montana. Plus they got a very tough game in SDSU. IMO, SDSU wins that game.

Looking forward to reading the bull**it the Griz fans sling the next few weeks...xthumbsupx

Oh yeah, I'm sure you Bizon blowhards will be complete saints.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Didn't even catch your own **** up. Typical genius Bizon fan.

And the Griz will give you all you can handle.xnodx
That is funny. We can trash talk all you want once you make it. I would take 5 MVFC teams over yours. NDSU, SDSU, YSU, SIU and MSU.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
That is funny. We can trash talk all you want once you make it. I would take 5 MVFC teams over yours. NDSU, SDSU, YSU, SIU and MSU.

Whatever you say, chief.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Well maybe MSU shouldn't of been losing to the Murray and Northwestern States of the world, otherwise they could of been in the playoffs showing us what's what

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure you Bizon blowhards will be complete saints.

No, we have plenty of trash talkers but it doesn't change the fact that the Griz are not even close to the Bison. You barely squeak by South Dakota and our game was over by halftime.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
No, we have plenty of trash talkers but it doesn't change the fact that the Griz are not even close to the Bison. You barely squeak by South Dakota and our game was over by halftime.

****, I guess I'll call up Coach Delaney and let him know they shouldn't even bother making the trip if we win our first game.

Green26
November 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
NAU beat Montana, bad

UM got what it deserved, a seed. UM is a better team than NAU. NAU had one bad game, and that was NAU. UM has been ranked ahead of NAU, in computer rankings/ratings and polls for the past 2 months. It is not true that UM got cheap TD's against EWU. Nothing remotely cheap about them. Had UM not gotten a penalty for a lineman catching his thumb in a defender's facemask, on a TD pass, UM probably would have beaten EWU. NAU didn't play EWU. EWU would have beaten them. NAU was crushed by MSU, whom UM beat soundly yesterday. NAU's wins were mostly close wins. UM had some big margin wins, as well as some close ones. UM's defense has given up 1 TD on the last 3 games, and that TD was aided by multiple (I think 3) major penalties. EWU is lucky that UM isn't on its side of the bracket, as UM would beat EWU this time.

Green26
November 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Judging by some of these posts, it looks like some Bison fans are actually worried about Montana being on their side of the bracket. Sure seems like alot of complaining from Bison fans, who really don't a dog in the hunt. Also looks like the selection committee thought the Big Sky was stronger than the MV. NDSU is obviously a strong team and a tough opponent for anyone, and some of its internet fans are big talkers and out of touch with reality.

If UM is so bad, perhaps it is NDSU who got the "gift".

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Remember this same talk 5 years ago, when we had to hear about how the last place CAA teams would kick our ass? (and 5 years from now it will be some other conference clinging to a reigning champs heels). If they wanted into the playoffs so badly, they should of won their games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:38 PM
****, I guess I'll call up Coach Delaney and let him know they shouldn't even bother making the trip if we win our first game.

I'm looking forward to the Griz coming to Fargo if they win but I fully expect the Bison to win that game. Montana is good but no where near NDSU right now.

Confident?
Arrogant?
Cocky?

Call it whatever you want but it is going to take a perfect game from another team to beat the Bison, esp at home.

I have watched the Griz play this year. Good team. But the Bison O-line and D-line are very good and IMO, the Griz do not match-up too well against either one of them.

NDSU is very good at all 3 phases: offense-defense-special teams

Ya, the Griz could win but I really doubt it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Judging by some of these posts, it looks like some Bison fans are actually worried about Montana being on their side of the bracket. Sure seems like alot of complaining from Bison fans, who really don't a dog in the hunt. Also looks like the selection committee thought the Big Sky was stronger than the MV. NDSU is obviously a strong team and a tough opponent for anyone, and some of its internet fans are big talkers and out of touch with reality.

Bring on the Griz!!

Bison win that one: 38-10

kalm
November 24th, 2013, 03:14 PM
UM got what it deserved, a seed. UM is a better team than NAU. NAU had one bad game, and that was NAU. UM has been ranked ahead of NAU, in computer rankings/ratings and polls for the past 2 months. It is not true that UM got cheap TD's against EWU. Nothing remotely cheap about them. Had UM not gotten a penalty for a lineman catching his thumb in a defender's facemask, on a TD pass, UM probably would have beaten EWU. NAU didn't play EWU. EWU would have beaten them. NAU was crushed by MSU, whom UM beat soundly yesterday. NAU's wins were mostly close wins. UM had some big margin wins, as well as some close ones. UM's defense has given up 1 TD on the last 3 games, and that TD was aided by multiple (I think 3) major penalties. EWU is lucky that UM isn't on its side of the bracket, as UM would beat EWU this time.

Whoa there hoss...you were down 42-17 in the 4th quarter and made a nice comeback, so let's not get too carried away.

As for your D of late, it has been playing much better against two bad offenses in USD and Weber, and the sinking ship that was the cats.

That said, the Griz are improving and should be a tough out for anyone. No need to sound like Bison or Bearcat fans...

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Whoa there hoss...you were down 42-17 in the 4th quarter and made a nice comeback, so let's not get too carried away.

As for your D of late, it has been playing much better against two bad offenses in USD and Weber, and the sinking ship that was the cats.

That said, the Griz are improving and should be a tough out for anyone. No need to sound like Bison or Bearcat fans...

See you in Cheney, err, Frisco. :D

Bronco
November 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Bring on the Griz!!

Bison win that one: 38-10

So we make a field goal...that would be a pleasant surprise

After last year I'm very happy to be back in the playoffs...very happy
If we get to play in Fargo that will be great and a good preview for the team for next years game
In the playoffs anything can happen

We always liked it when UNI came to town

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM

at least 2TDs. NO worries here. Already have my hotel and tickets in Frisco.

T-Dog
November 24th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Montana beat App State who in turn beat Georgia Southern who in turn beat Florida who is in the SEC.

Montana > SEC

It's pretty simple.

kalm
November 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM
See you in Cheney, err, Frisco. :D

Ummm that might be more than a little fun. If it happened, I'd even offer to hold your hair back while you puke.

Grizzlies82
November 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Montana beat App State who in turn beat Georgia Southern who in turn beat Florida who is in the SEC.

Montana > SEC

It's pretty simple.

Thank you T-Dog. Finally the voice of reason is heard.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Ummm that might be more than a little fun. If it happened, I'd even offer to hold your hair back while you puke.

I'd take you up on the offer but I wouldn't want to send SE into a jealous rage.

nevadagriz
November 24th, 2013, 04:10 PM
first off im just glad the griz got into the playoffs! I don't get the Griz hate on this board. You should all be happy that they have to go to fargo if they get by their first opponent. I mean they don't stand a chance against ndsu! just like they didn't stand a chance against armanti and co in 2009, uni in 2011, and jmu the year they were ranked no.1! If the griz suck soooo bad why bother worrying?

Quick question for you all. if your team beat a conference mate head to head yet you were behind them several spots in every poll, sos, and other ranking and your last loss was more recent then theirs, do u think your team should get a better seed then them?
is the playoff selection not based on the whole season not just one game???

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 04:15 PM
first off im just glad the griz got into the playoffs! I don't get the Griz hate on this board. You should all be happy that they have to go to fargo if they get by their first opponent. I mean they don't stand a chance against ndsu! just like they didn't stand a chance against armanti and co in 2009, uni in 2011, and jmu the year they were ranked no.1! If the griz suck soooo bad why bother worrying?

Quick question for you all. if your team beat a conference mate head to head yet you were behind them several spots in every poll, sos, and other ranking and your last loss was more recent then theirs, do u think your team should get a better seed then them?

It is, but all of the Montana haters will latch onto anything they can.

UNH Fanboi
November 24th, 2013, 04:42 PM
It may not be intentional, but it seems like there has often been a small thumb on the scale when the Griz are being considered by the Committee. There have been many times when they have gotten a slightly higher seed than their resume would merit.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Meh, I for one can't wait to see the griz in Fargo. Both in this year's playoffs and next year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM

Montana has to go on the road and away from Wa-Grizz. Let's see how they do on the road in the playoffs in a tough environment.

Hellgate60
November 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Do we actually know the eighth seed was between NAU and Montana? NAU may not have even been in consideration of a seed within the committee...

putter
November 24th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Montana has to go on the road and away from Wa-Grizz. Let's see how they do on the road in the playoffs in a tough environment.

So what would make beating Montana in Fargo any different than every other team this year? IMO NDSU is head and shoulders above everyone so there is no reason for any team to hang their head by losing to them at their place. Oh, and lets look at ALL playoff teams when they play on the road. Winning percentage is low...as it should be

Saint3333
November 24th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Attendance and money has nothing to do with seeding, HAHAHA.

go Montana!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM
So what would make beating Montana in Fargo any different than every other team this year? IMO NDSU is head and shoulders above everyone so there is no reason for any team to hang their head by losing to them at their place. Oh, and lets look at ALL playoff teams when they play on the road. Winning percentage is low...as it should be

The team that beats the Bison this year needs to be very good on both lines of scrimmage. Now that NDSU is at home throughout the playoffs that team needs to limit turnovers or not commit any.

Special teams play needs to be very good also. The Bison have a very good punt game and kick-off return and punt return. Special teams gives the Bison offense great field position.

Another factor is TOP. The Bison are great at keeping the ball away from the other offense. You cannot score if you don't have the ball.

The Bison are the most well-rounded this year compared to the last 2 years. Teams have tried to stop the run and been passed on and vice versa.

You bet the Bison can lose this year but it is going to take an A+ effort by another team. Get up early and make the Bison play catch-up.

The Bison ground and pound teams with their power west-coast offense and TOP.

srgrizizen
November 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM

In spite of their recent success and #1 ranking, you have to forgive NDSU fans for their insecurity about their place in the FCS pecking order until they can actually beat UM. Will they be favored if they meet in Fargo? Of course! Blowout? Perhaps, but the Griz will show as well as any other team in their overrated, one show horse, conference.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM
In spite of their recent success and #1 ranking, you have to forgive NDSU fans for their insecurity about their place in the FCS pecking order until they can actually beat UM. Will they be favored if they meet in Fargo? Of course! Blowout? Perhaps, but the Griz will show as well as any other team in their overrated, one show horse, conference.

Really?

The Missouri Valley is 62-50 in the playoffs all time. They have had a semi-finalist 16 times and 6 title game appearances with 4 titles.

That is not a 'one horse show'....xpopcornx

srgrizizen
November 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Really?

The Missouri Valley is 62-50 in the playoffs all time. They have had a semi-finalist 16 times and 6 title game appearances with 4 titles.

That is not a 'one horse show'....xpopcornx

Right, and UNI gets blown out every time in Missoula and SDSU can't win even when we spot them 30+ pints! Haha

srgrizizen
November 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Or even points!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Does your memory not go back very far?

September 6, 2003

These guys remember..

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/fieldimages/32/1024/0929-taylor-bohl.jpg?itok=WZG4Gs1S

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Right, and UNI gets blown out every time in Missoula and SDSU can't win even when we spot them 30+ pints! Haha

That's what you are going with '08 and '11 playoff games? Two games?

YSU
Western Kentucky
NDSU
Southern Illinois

4 teams from the Valley have won NCs.

Ya, looks like a 1 horse show......xcrazyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Nice work NoDak!!!!!

Hey grizz fan that is when NDSU had 36 schollies compared to Montana's 63.......xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Nice work NoDak!!!!!

Hey grizz fan that is when NDSU had 36 schollies compared to Montana's 63.......xlolx

I think it's Montana that needs to prove it can beat NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:40 PM

I remember Kyle Steffes ran for over a 100 in that game.

Red & Black
November 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM
EWU is lucky that UM isn't on its side of the bracket, as UM would beat EWU this time. You are delusional. xlolx That game was 42-17 in the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Red & Black
November 24th, 2013, 06:54 PM
That's what you are going with '08 and '11 playoff games? Two games?

YSU
Western Kentucky
NDSU
Southern Illinois

4 teams from the Valley have won NCs.

Ya, looks like a 1 horse show......xcrazyx

Western Kentucky is in the MVFC? Hmmm....in that case, the Big Sky has:

Montana
Montana State
Idaho State
Eastern Washington
Boise State

By your logic, the Big Sky >> MVFC/Gateway

kalm
November 24th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Montana
Montana State
Idaho State
Eastern Washington
Boise State

xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Montana
Montana State
Idaho State
Eastern Washington
Boise State

By your logic, the Big Sky >> MVFC/Gateway

At the time they won the NC, they were in the conference....so ya, they count as winning a title for the conference.

xnonox

Why is that so hard to figure out?

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM
You are delusional. xlolx That game was 42-17 in the beginning of the 4th quarter.

And your defense was mediocre enough to allow us back into it. So you've got that going for ya.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Good lord...

The amount of butthurt in this thread is astounding.

I'll wait until we beat the BCU/CCU winner before worrying about the Bison.

Grizalltheway
Does your memory not go back very far?

September 6, 2003

These guys remember..

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/fieldimages/32/1024/0929-taylor-bohl.jpg?itok=WZG4Gs1S

Are you incapable of understanding tongue-in-cheek humor?

Red & Black
At the time they won the NC, they were in the conference....so ya, they count as winning a title for the conference.

xnonox

Why is that so hard to figure out?

Ok, so again, by your logic: Big Sky >> MVFC/Gateway

kalm
November 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM

xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM

What the fu** are you talking about?

I was responding to a griz fan saying the Valley is a '1 horse conference', and I pointed out that 4 Valley teams have won a NC.

What is so hard about that?

kalm
November 24th, 2013, 07:09 PM

I was responding to a griz fan saying the Valley is a '1 horse conference', and I pointed out that 4 Valley teams have won a NC.

Oy!……….xlolx

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM

Well, Idaho State has won an NC, but they aren't generally considered an asset...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Well, Idaho State has won an NC, but they aren't generally considered an asset...

But they still have won a NC and that still is a credit to the conference.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
But they still have won a NC and that still is a credit to the conference.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Ok. xawesomex

swaghook
November 24th, 2013, 07:18 PM
There will be time for this talk if/when NDSU plays UM. It should be a thread for the ages just like the NDSU vs GSU threads.

ElCid
November 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM
You know what the great thing is about FCS? None of this bellyaching means anything. In two or three weeks we will see if those teams who got a spot were a waste or there was validity to all these points. But it is fun to watch all these prognosticators carry on.

Grizzlies82
November 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
You know what the great thing is about FCS? None of this bellyaching means anything. In two or three weeks we will see if those teams who got a spot were a waste or there was validity to all these points. But it is fun to watch all these prognosticators carry on.

Whoa! I was seriously mistaken.
Based on reading through the threads I thought the sheer volume of asinine comments dictated who won the games.

Herder
November 24th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Did NAU get jobbed, yes, but that pales in comparison to what happened to the Valley on selection day. 4 Conferences got more teams in than the Valley, and that just ain't right.

As for a potential matchup of the Griz/Bison in the Quarters . . . that will be a great game. IMO, fellow Bison fans should zip it with the pompus attitude, it will be a good contest.

swaghook
November 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
As for a potential matchup of the Griz/Bison in the Quarters . . . that will be a great game. IMO, fellow Bison fans should zip it with the pompus attitude, it will be a good contest.

I expect a great game if it happens as well and the thread for the week leading up to it will be an interesting distraction to say the least.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Did NAU get jobbed, yes, but that pales in comparison to what happened to the Valley on selection day. 4 Conferences got more teams in than the Valley, and that just ain't right.

This. I wouldn't put a lot of money on the Griz to win in Fargo, but I do know they aren't just going to roll over and take it. This team has won games every which way this season, and they don't panic if they get down early.

putter
November 24th, 2013, 08:54 PM

Actually, after the year you have had, I think you can substitute Montana with every team that is in the playoffs........just sayin'

son-of-info
November 24th, 2013, 08:56 PM
NAU has legitimate beef. But its not with UM its with the committee. We have no reason to apologize or make excuses, if youre good enough you'll win the thing, bye or no bye, thats why we have a playoff.

Herder
November 24th, 2013, 08:57 PM
This. I wouldn't put a lot of money on the Griz to win in Fargo, but I do know they aren't just going to roll over and take it. This team has won games every which way this season, and they don't panic if they get down early.

With the Bison poised to pass Montana in total championships in FCS in 6 years compared to 35 for the Griz, I'm sure that will bring out the best in the Griz. In 2010 when the Bison snuck into the playoffs, several MT/MT State fans I knew thought it was cute that the Bison thought we could compete at this level. Three years later, their tune has changed, but it would not doubt be an epic battle, but It would be on our turf.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM
With the Bison poised to pass Montana in total championships in FCS in 6 years compared to 35 for the Griz, I'm sure that will bring out the best in the Griz. In 2010 when the Bison snuck into the playoffs, several MT/MT State fans I knew thought it was cute that the Bison thought we could compete at this level. Three years later, their tune has changed, but it would not doubt be an epic battle, but It would be on our turf.

It'd also be our first shot at revenge for the upset in '03. Hopefully the players and coaches would use that as extra incentive/motivation.

buffalobill
November 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM
It'd also be our first shot at revenge for the upset in '03. Hopefully the players and coaches would use that as extra incentive/motivation.
Actually it goes back a little longer than that! Trivia question "Who was President of the USA the last time the Griz beat the Bison?":)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Actually it goes back a little longer than that! Trivia question "Who was President of the USA the last time the Griz beat the Bison?":)

He might know.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/FDR_in_1933.jpg/408px-FDR_in_1933.jpg

buffalobill
November 24th, 2013, 09:29 PM
He might know.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/FDR_in_1933.jpg/408px-FDR_in_1933.jpg

If the Griz win it would surely be a "new deal" for them! The win in 2003 was not an upset in the minds of any Bison that were around in 1969 and 1970! It would be interesting to see if they could win with 36 scholarships!xlolx

Cleets
November 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM

:D Well said ^

They're an obviously better team

Green26
November 24th, 2013, 11:07 PM
From another thread:

On the UM/NAU discussion, here's a good post by Oredigger from egriz, with a minor supplement at the end:

NAU was 9-2 and 2nd place Big Sky team and UM was 10-2 and 3rd in the Big Sky, and NAU beat UM earl in the season.....so a few more things to look at.

-- Both have 9 Div I one wins (we played one more game than they did, OK Panhandle State - so throw that one out)

-- Our common Big Sky opponents were: UC Davis (non-conference game for NAU, North Dakota (non-conference game for Griz), Montana State, Cal Poly, Sacramento State

-- Big Sky schools NAU played that we didn't were Southern Utah, Idaho State, Northern Colorado. These teams were combined 6-18 conference, 12-14 overall.

-- Big Sky schools UM played that NAU didn't were Eastern Washington, Portland State, Weber State. These teams were a combined 12-12 conference, 18-18 overall.

-- Non Conference games they played were a loss to Arizona, and two teams we played South Dakota & Cal Davis (conference game for us)

-- Non Conference games we played were a win over Appalachian State, and two teams we played South Dakota & North Dakota (conference game for NAU). Remember Panhandle State is not a Div 1 win, so throw it away.

-- For the 6 common opponents overall the Lumberjacks we're 5-1 vs them, and outscored them 154-140

-- For the 6 common opponents overall the Griz we're 6-0 vs them, and outscored those teams 228-127

So some observations on the above information....

1. The conference games that were independent of each other show a clear advantage to the Griz, whose opponents combined record was .500 vs a losing record for NAU's.

2. The have a loss to FBS Arizona, but we have a win over Appalachian State. Did Georgia Southern's big win of Florida this weekend have a trickle down affect here in rating systems like Sagarin? We beat ASU who beat GSU, who beat Florida.

3. Despite our close last minute wins, we still played much better against the common opponents winning all of ours, and outscoring them by 100 points (16.5 per game). They lose to Bobcats, and only outscore their opponents by 14 points (2.2 per game).

4. How much did not playing an extra game come into this? If they played another Div 1 school, and win, then I believe they get that seed.

5. All computer rankings/ratings and polls, including the GPI and SRS, had UM above NAU.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifEdit Post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/editpost.php?p=2058334&do=editpost) http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifReply (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2058334&noquote=1) http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifReply With Quote (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2058334) http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2058334)http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifSend PM (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2567) (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/reputation.php?do=addreputation&p=2058334) (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/report.php?p=2058334)

November 25th, 2013, 12:00 AM
#77 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148353-Biggest-travesty-in-this-year-s-bracket&p=2058340&viewfull=1#post2058340)
Sycamore62 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?40137-Sycamore62)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/statusicon/user-online.png
First Class FCS Advocatehttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/reputation/reputation_pos.pnghttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/avatars/default_avatar/default_avatar%201.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?40137-Sycamore62)Join DateSep 2012
LocationCharleston, IL
Posts78
Post Thanks / Like http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/collapse_40b.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148353-Biggest-travesty-in-this-year-s-bracket/page8#top)

Re: Biggest travesty in this year's bracket?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Herder http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2058316#post2058316)
Ya, you got me on the bidding for round 1, but I'd put SDSU resume up against three of the seeds . . . Montana, Maine, or McNeese.

If they were only putting 2 teams from the MVC in they weren't seeding them both. Imo. Wasn't SDSU home vs EIU last year?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifReply (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2058340&noquote=1) http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifReply With Quote (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2058340) http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2058340)http://www.anygivensaturday.com/clear.gifSend PM (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=40137) (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/reputation.php?do=addreputation&p=2058340) (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/report.php?p=2058340)

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes, 0 Recommend

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/dbtech/thanks/images/thanks.pngThank for this post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148353-Biggest-travesty-in-this-year-s-bracket/page8)http://www.anygivensaturday.com/dbtech/thanks/images/likes.pngLike this post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148353-Biggest-travesty-in-this-year-s-bracket/page8)http://www.anygivensaturday.com/dbtech/thanks/images/dislikes.pngDislike this post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148353-Biggest-travesty-in-this-year-s-bracket/page8)http://www.anygivensaturday.com/dbtech/thanks/images/recommends.pngRecommend this post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148353-Biggest-travesty-in-this-year-s-bracket/page8)

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2013, 02:10 AM
it does seem unfair.

and yes, montana will get crushed if they make it to ndsu.

Are we talking about the griz?

Sammy94
November 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Winning a playoff game and then going to Fargo doesn't sound like a gift to me.

clawman
November 25th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Many feel the committees decision to jump Montana over a more deserving NAU was based on money. On the surface I doubted that but it is probably true not because of ticket revenue but from television revenues. A NDSU vs MT matchup would probably draw a better rating and ESPN is essentially "stealing" one from Root sports who has the Big Sky TV contract.
So indirectly you are correct it is about the money.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Wow what's with all the Bison/Griz smack already don't we have a few games to go first! xrolleyesx

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Wow what's with all the Bison/Griz smack already don't we have a few games to go first! xrolleyesx

Would you expect anything different? xlolx

AmsterBison
November 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM

When was the last time that the Griz beat NDSU again? :)

Hint: I couldn't find a box score in the paper from that day: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=E-RkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0IANAAAAIBAJ&pg=2235,3237645 (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=E-RkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0IANAAAAIBAJ&pg=2235,3237645&dq=hitler&hl=en)

Just messing around. Gotta take the smack one game at a time because an NDSU v Montana matchup might not happen - some good teams to beat first.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 10:04 AM
When was the last time that the Griz beat NDSU again? :)

Hint: I couldn't find a box score in the paper from that day: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=E-RkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0IANAAAAIBAJ&pg=2235,3237645 (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=E-RkAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0IANAAAAIBAJ&pg=2235,3237645&dq=hitler&hl=en)

Just messing around. Gotta take the smack one game at a time because an NDSU v Montana matchup might not happen - some good teams to beat first.

This is going to be a long two weeks. I hope I have enough smack in me to last that long.

I'm a little punched out after the chattown thread and YSU game.

Green26
November 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
What are the other gifts Montana has received?

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 25th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Winning a playoff game and then going to Fargo doesn't sound like a gift to me.

What would you know......you cant even beat them in Texas.

xcoffeex

Richland1
November 25th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I find it funny that Montana State buys out their game with NDSU this year rather than play at Fargo but now they "ASSUME" that the GRIZ can't win there--the GRIZ kick the CATS to the curb on Saturday to end 10-2. The Playoffs this year is just the frosting on the cake.

xlolx

Who has the honor?

Sam_Kats
True.

Kabooom
I don't have time to speed-read the last nine pages of this Fine Print......

So Who's winning this Chest-Thump/Dick-Measuring Contest so far??.....You guys all taped up and ready to go sub-in if called off the bench??

Go Griz!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
The non-exhaustive list of teams that have beaten NDSU more recently than Montana:

UND
Northern Iowa
Tulsa
USD
Concordia College
Gustavus Adolphus
Bemidji State
Winnipeg
Hamline
Iowa
Montana State
SDSU
Morningside
Marquette
Augustana
Idaho
Bradley
Detroit
Wayne State
Wichita State
Drake
Southern Miss
Missouri
Dayton
Trinity (TX)
Southern Illinois
san Diego State
UT-Arlington
Youngstown State
Northern Arizona
Nebraska Omaha
Mankato State
Northern Michigan
Jacksonville State
Texas State
UC Davis
Troy State
Cal Poly
Grand Valley State
Northern Colorado
St. Cloud State
Pittsburg State
NW Missouri State
Emporia State
Delta State
Minnesota
Wyoming
Western Illinois
Iowa State
Sam Houston State
Illinois State
Missouri State
Eastern Washington
Indiana State

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 10:26 AM
The exhaustive list of fans more obnoxious than NDSU's:

Kabooom
November 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
........Hey....I didn't think the BIZON lost to nobody...This must be a big...blow-hard to your ego...You gonna be ok? Need help??xrolleyesx
The non-exhaustive list of teams that have beaten NDSU more recently than Montana:

UND
Northern Iowa
Tulsa
USD
Concordia College
Gustavus Adolphus
Bemidji State
Winnipeg
Hamline
Iowa
Montana State
SDSU
Morningside
Marquette
Augustana
Idaho
Bradley
Detroit
Wayne State
Wichita State
Drake
Southern Miss
Missouri
Dayton
Trinity (TX)
Southern Illinois
san Diego State
UT-Arlington
Youngstown State
Northern Arizona
Nebraska Omaha
Mankato State
Northern Michigan
Jacksonville State
Texas State
UC Davis
Troy State
Cal Poly
Grand Valley State
Northern Colorado
St. Cloud State
Pittsburg State
NW Missouri State
Emporia State
Delta State
Minnesota
Wyoming
Western Illinois
Iowa State
Sam Houston State
Illinois State
Missouri State
Eastern Washington
Indiana State

................Hey....The way this thread is going.....I didn't think the BIZON lost to NOBODY...This must be a big...blow-hard to your ego...You gonna be ok? Need help??xrolleyesx

Silenoz
November 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I find it funny that Montana State buys out their game with NDSU this year rather than play at Fargo but now they "ASSUME" that the GRIZ can't win there--the GRIZ kick the CATS to the curb on Saturday to end 10-2. The Playoffs this year is just the frosting on the cake.

Okay, first off I'm a Griz fan, and second, I was making fun of his typo. Man, I really thought my post was more straightforward then it is xlolx

AmsterBison
November 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
........Hey....I didn't think the BIZON lost to nobody...This must be a big...blow-hard to your ego...You gonna be ok? Need help??xrolleyesx

................Hey....The way this thread is going.....I didn't think the BIZON lost to NOBODY...This must be a big...blow-hard to your ego...You gonna be ok? Need help??xrolleyesx

Indeed. That list made me sad. :(

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 10:31 AM

The 40's and 50's were unkind.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 10:32 AM
The exhaustive list of fans more obnoxious than NDSU's:

The Griz

You missed one, FIFY.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
You missed one, FIFY.

You have lakes and JBB. That alone pushes you ahead.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Indeed. That list made me sad. :(

Well that was over 70 years. That's 700-800 games.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM
There will be time for this talk if/when NDSU plays UM. It should be a thread for the ages just like the NDSU vs GSU threads.

The difference is that Georgia Southern was a good team that looked like a good matchup, and turned out to be a good game to watch. This one will be fun to watch, but not in the way of being close. Might have to troll the Grizz Forums to watch them pour gasoline on themselves and light a match.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2013, 11:04 AM
The difference is that Georgia Southern was a good team that looked like a good matchup, and turned out to be a good game to watch. This one will be fun to watch, but not in the way of being close. Might have to troll the Grizz Forums to watch them pour gasoline on themselves and light a match.

We just had a 5-6 season. Not too many people are going to be upset with an improvement to 11-3 and a loss to the #1 team...

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM

UND
Northern Iowa
Tulsa
USD
Concordia College
Gustavus Adolphus
Bemidji State
Winnipeg
Hamline
Iowa
Montana State
SDSU
Morningside
Marquette
Augustana
Idaho
Bradley
Detroit
Wayne State
Wichita State
Drake
Southern Miss
Missouri
Dayton
Trinity (TX)
Southern Illinois
san Diego State
UT-Arlington
Youngstown State
Northern Arizona
Nebraska Omaha
Mankato State
Northern Michigan
Jacksonville State
Texas State
UC Davis
Troy State
Cal Poly
Grand Valley State
Northern Colorado
St. Cloud State
Pittsburg State
NW Missouri State
Emporia State
Delta State
Minnesota
Wyoming
Western Illinois
Iowa State
Sam Houston State
Illinois State
Missouri State
Eastern Washington
Indiana State

So we're due....................................nice

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
No, that is a fantastic season. I agree. Some teams are just more enjoyable to beat. If the shoe was on the other foot, I am sure you would feel the same. Would you rather beat NAU or Montana in round 2. To be honest, I would have rather seen Montana St. have to come to the dome. That would have been fun for the 1st quarter at least.xasswhipx

buffalobill
November 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
So we're due....................................nice
Not sure if you are due but the all time record is 3 and 3 so it will be, if played in the quarterfinals, a great rubber match!:)

Silenoz
November 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
No, that is a fantastic season. I agree. Some teams are just more enjoyable to beat. If the shoe was on the other foot, I am sure you would feel the same. Would you rather beat NAU or Montana in round 2. To be honest, I would have rather seen Montana St. have to come to the dome. That would have been fun for the 1st quarter at least.xasswhipx

Well everyone wanted to see that, but they f#$ked it up by being ****ty

LeeshaJo
November 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM

But MSU would have lost in the first round just to avoid the trip to Fargo ;)

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:35 AM

Maybe they sold their playoff spot to Furman? We should look into that...xlmaox

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM

You should probably have a chat with JMU fans about underestimating the ability of the Griz to pull off a big upset in a hostile environment.

Also what Landers said.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Are not most away games hostile?

Grizo406
November 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM
It'll be fun to watch the Bison next season...when they're back to "mortal" status again.xcoffeex

CPrice91
November 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM

We wouldn't have been able to just buy it out? xcoffeex

That hurt the MSU fan in me but I couldn't resist.

dbackjon
November 25th, 2013, 05:43 PM
It is, but all of the Montana haters will latch onto anything they can.

Not a Montana hater - you know that.

But if you compare whole season results, you come up with the same logical result - NAU >> UM

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM

But if you compare whole season results, you come up with the same logical result - NAU >> UM

Well, the REAL season starts this Saturday, and NAU will have a chance to show what they're made of, just like the 23 other teams.xthumbsupx

veinup
November 25th, 2013, 06:15 PM
grizall, i see what youre saying, but this isn't the start of the "real season" .. this is the start of the "post season", and your performance during the "regular season" can give you more or less favorable chances at succeeding in the post season. which i imagine is what dbjackjon is flustered about.

Richland1
November 25th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Boy are the Griz in for a reality check! Please do me a favor Bison and Kick their *ss a couple more times for the three dearly departed Valley teams that could have given THEM everything they wanted.

xlolxFor those of us who have followed the GRIZ for awhile--I remember hearing how Marshal--"The Thundering Herd" would crush the GRIZ on Marshall's homefield by 30 points. funny thing happened--Montana won 22-20 in 1995. NDSU is a great team and has been great for the last couple of years but--atleast Montana will have the guts to go to Fargo if given the opportuntiy to play NDSU at home--something the gutless CATS wouldn't know about. The sleeper team this year is SUU--the guys that stomped the CATS in Bozeman--great defense.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 06:25 PM
xlolxFor those of us who have followed the GRIZ for awhile--I remember hearing how Marshal--"The Thundering Herd" would crush the GRIZ on Marshall's homefield by 30 points. funny thing happened--Montana won 22-20 in 1995. NDSU is a great team and has been great for the last couple of years but--atleast Montana will have the guts to go to Fargo if given the opportuntiy to play NDSU at home--something the gutless CATS wouldn't know about. The sleeper team this year is SUU--the guys that stomped the CATS in Bozeman--great defense.

Th BSC doesn't know what good defense is unless it watches a MVFC game. Today's lesson for the newcomer Richland1.

Carry on..

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Th BSC doesn't know what good defense is unless it watches a MVFC game. Today's lesson for the newcomer Richland1.

Carry on..You mean like in 2011 when UNI was going to completely shut us down and demoralize us?

I suppose we didn't quite hit 300 yards rushing, so you could say that we were somewhat shut down.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 06:42 PM
You mean like in 2011 when UNI was going to completely shut us down and demoralize us?

I suppose we didn't quite hit 300 yards rushing, so you could say that we were somewhat shut down.

I wasn't talking to you....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
You mean like in 2011 when UNI was going to completely shut us down and demoralize us?

As you can see, NDSU is definitely not UNI.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
As you can see, NDSU is definitely not UNI.He (she?) said we should watch the MVFC, which I thought implied every team.

NDSU has proven they have an amazing defense.

The other MVFC teams have only proven that they haven't played anyone with a decent offense.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I wasn't talking to you....

Does that make his statement any less true?

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM

Or 2012 when Valley fans were telling us the same about ISU.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Like NoDak I'm not gonna put sarcasm in purple font. You are just gonna have to figure it out yourself.

Good grief.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 07:18 PM
He (she?) said we should watch the MVFC, which I thought implied every team.

NDSU has proven they have an amazing defense.

The other MVFC teams have only proven that they haven't played anyone with a decent offense.

Since the only other MVFC team is SDSU....yeah, they might put a dent in NAU. Doesn't matter - this tournament is set up for seeds.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Like NoDak I'm not gonna put sarcasm in purple font. You are just gonna have to figure it out yourself.

Good grief.You mean your lame attempt at smack got thrown back in your face. xlolx

Seriously, I'm not sure if you guys realize it, but the Big Sky has owned the MVFC in the playoffs recently.

Talk smack as an NDSU fan all you want about your team. You've earned it.

Your conference as a whole hasn't earned ****.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM
You mean your lame attempt at smack got thrown back in your face. xlolx

Seriously, I'm not sure if you guys realize it, but the Big Sky has owned the MVFC in the playoffs recently.

Exemplifying the MVFC to ISUr or even UNI is like doing the same with the BSC and MSU.

MSU is a ****ty playoff team - that doesn't mean the BSC is a ****ty playoff conference.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Exemplifying the MVFC to ISUr or even UNI is like doing the same with the BSC and MSU.

MSU is a ****ty playoff team - that doesn't mean the BSC is a ****ty playoff conference.Exactly my point.

NDSU is a fantastic team.

That doesn't mean the MVFC is the end-all-be-all conference, especially with their complete lack of playoff production outside of NDSU.

It's only going to look worse if SDSU loses to NAU this weekend. I don't think they will, though.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Have a little fun bro. I like to tease, simmer down your righteousness and have a little fun.

And I am a chick. Unless you think some guy is calling himself the Wonder Woman of AGS?

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 07:27 PM

Good grief.

True Story: My middle school son is studying Washington State history in school. He told me today that the top 4 states with Scandinavian ancestry are N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Minnesota, and Washington. This makes sense as there are indeed quite few Norse out this direction who's relatives migrated from the Midwest during the early to mid 20th century including the Norwegians on both sides of our family.

Evidently most of the wits and sense of quality sarcasm left with them. But I'm guessing many of the Swedes stayed.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Have a little fun bro. I like to tease, simmer down your righteousness and have a little fun.Teasing isn't very effective if you don't know what you're talking about. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Exactly my point.

NDSU is a fantastic team.

That doesn't mean the MVFC is the end-all-be-all conference, especially with their complete lack of playoff production outside of NDSU.

It's only going to look worse if SDSU loses to NAU this weekend. I don't think they will, though.

Don't blame the fans, blame the voters. They were the ones that ranked all the MVFC teams all season.

4 of the 5 power conferences were equally represented in the last 2 playoffs. 1 MVFC, 1 BSC, 1 SoCon, and 1 SLC

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Have a little fun bro. I like to tease, simmer down your righteousness and have a little fun.

And I am a chick. Unless you think some guy is calling himself the Wonder Woman of AGS?

Not officially, but chattown was usually referred to as such.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Teasing isn't very effective if you don't know what you're talking about. xlolx

I absolutely know what I'm talking about most of the time, about certain subjects, mostly involving bud light.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2013, 07:36 PM
mostly involving bud light.Gross.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Gross.

Acceptable rebuttal from you. Lol, kisses!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Or 2012 when Valley fans were telling us the same about ISU.

Ill State did go in and beat App State before going to Cheney.

EWU beat the Bison at home and Ill State at home. Tougher playing on the road in the playoffs.

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 09:11 PM

EWU beat the Bison at home and Ill State at home. Tougher playing on the road in the playoffs.

True, but we were talking about the immovable force of Valley defenses. They should be able to give up less than 40+ points per game...even on the road.

Red & Black
November 25th, 2013, 09:19 PM

True, but we won't be playing either on the road in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2013, 09:25 PM
True, but we won't be playing either on the road in the playoffs.

No, but a possible semi-final game in Charleston will be a test, esp on the road.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2013, 09:49 PM

The Big Sky has not owned the MVFC in the playoffs. Head to head the Big Sky has a 4 to 1 advantage but the Big Sky team was hosting and seeded in all 5 matchups, all but 1 coming against an unseeded MVFC team. When MVFC teams get seeds they've traditionally played teams from the east of them, just like the Big Sky seeds, so the matchups that have happened have generally been with the Big Sky team heavily favored. The MVFC, in terms of playoff success as a whole, is right on par with the Big Sky in the last 5 years.

Playoff wins
MFVC (6 teams with 17 wins): NDSU (10), UNI (3), SIU (1), Illinois St (1), SDSU (1), WIU (1)
Big Sky (4 teams with 17 wins): Montana (8), EWU (6), Montana St (2), Weber St (1)

Quarterfinal appearances
MVFC (4 teams with 7 appearances): NDSU (2010, 2011, 2012), UNI (2008, 2011), SIU (2009), Illinois St (2012)
Big Sky (4 teams with 8 appearances): Montana (2008, 2009, 2011), EWU (2010, 2012), Montana St (2011, 2012), Weber St (2008)

Teams with semifinal appearances
MVFC (2 teams with 3 appearances): NDSU (2011, 2012), UNI (2008)
Big Sky (2 teams with 5 appearances): Montana (2008, 2009, 2011), EWU (2010, 2012)

Title game appearances
MVFC (1 team with 2 appearances): NDSU (2011, 2012)
Big Sky (2 teams with 3 appearances): Montana (2008, 2009), EWU (2010)

Teams with national titles
MVFC (1 team with 2 titles): NDSU (2011, 2012)
Big Sky (1 team with 1 title): EWU (2010)

Bison56
November 25th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Gross.
Thats what i was thinking.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Thats what i was thinking.

What is wrong with bud light, blue moon, honeyweiss, and PBR pounders. You guys are sooo tough on me jeez

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 10:02 PM
The Big Sky has not owned the MVFC in the playoffs. Head to head the Big Sky has a 4 to 1 advantage but the Big Sky team was hosting and seeded in all 5 matchups, all but 1 coming against an unseeded MVFC team. When MVFC teams get seeds they've traditionally played teams from the east of them, just like the Big Sky seeds, so the matchups that have happened have generally been with the Big Sky team heavily favored. The MVFC, in terms of playoff success as a whole, is right on par with the Big Sky in the last 5 years.

So Professor, in other words "The Big Sky has not owned the MVFC in the playoffs" except when we look at games where they have actually played each other.
In all of those hypothetical "The MVFC is the toughest conference in the nation" matchups the Big Sky was beaten mercilessly by the bigger, stronger, MVFC teams.

Gotcha. xeyebrowx

Bison56
November 25th, 2013, 10:13 PM
What is wrong with bud light, blue moon, honeyweiss, and PBR pounders. You guys are sooo tough on me jeez
The more I read the worse it got. :)

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 10:15 PM
The more I read the worse it got. :)

Oh you are ridic. BOO!

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2013, 10:29 PM
So Professor, in other words "The Big Sky has not owned the MVFC in the playoffs" except when we look at games where they have actually played each other.
In all of those hypothetical "The MVFC is the toughest conference in the nation" matchups the Big Sky was beaten mercilessly by the bigger, stronger, MVFC teams.

Gotcha. xeyebrowx
That's correct, see the rest of my post. When you're the higher seeded you get to host because, presumably, you have a better team. In all 4 of those Big Sky wins against the MVFC it was the Big Sky autobid beating an MVFC at large team. Thus the head to head record, we've almost always seen the best the Big Sky has to offer in those matchups (which I admit is some damn good teams). Interestingly enough, in the last couple years we haven't been able to see the Big Sky against the best the MVFC has to offer because a certain SLC team has taken care of you all before that opportunity could be had.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
That's correct, see the rest of my post. When you're the higher seeded you get to host because, presumably, you have a better team. In all 4 of those Big Sky wins against the MVFC it was the Big Sky autobid beating an MVFC at large team. Thus the head to head record, we've almost always seen the best the Big Sky has to offer in those matchups (which I admit is some damn good teams). Interestingly enough, in the last couple years we haven't been able to see the Big Sky against the best the MVFC has to offer because a certain SLC team has taken care of you all before that opportunity could be had.

I read all of your post. It was a good one. Thanks for taking the time to drag up the statistics.

I don't disrespect the MV Conference you produce some good teams. I was merely mocking the endless homer comments about how the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... place MVFC team would cruise through most of, or win outright, the Big Sky every year. How many times has it been posted how the Missouri Valley is tougher, plays great defense where the Big Sky has none, yada, yada, yada. As you posted, when the games are played the Big Sky has proven to not be as weak as believed by some.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I read all of your post. It was a good one. Thanks for taking the time to drag up the statistics.

I don't disrespect the MV Conference you produce some good teams. I was merely mocking the endless homer comments about how the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... place MVFC team would cruise through most of, or win outright, the Big Sky every year. How many times has it been posted how the Missouri Valley is tougher, plays great defense where the Big Sky has none, yada, yada, yada. As you posted, when the games are played the Big Sky has proven to not be as weak as believed by some.

I don't think any of the power conferences are more than 3-4 teams deep, some only 2. The thing about the BSC is the conference is SO HUGE and really tops out at 4 deep. You have a LOT of **** at the bottom. Almost enough to fill a whole conference of its own.

Picking up the Great Rest did nothing to increase your conference rigor.

Green26
November 25th, 2013, 11:27 PM

Playoff wins
MFVC (6 teams with 17 wins): NDSU (10), UNI (3), SIU (1), Illinois St (1), SDSU (1), WIU (1)
Big Sky (4 teams with 17 wins): Montana (8), EWU (6), Montana St (2), Weber St (1)

Quarterfinal appearances
MVFC (4 teams with 7 appearances): NDSU (2010, 2011, 2012), UNI (2008, 2011), SIU (2009), Illinois St (2012)
Big Sky (4 teams with 8 appearances): Montana (2008, 2009, 2011), EWU (2010, 2012), Montana St (2011, 2012), Weber St (2008)

Teams with semifinal appearances
MVFC (2 teams with 3 appearances): NDSU (2011, 2012), UNI (2008)
Big Sky (2 teams with 5 appearances): Montana (2008, 2009, 2011), EWU (2010, 2012)

Title game appearances
MVFC (1 team with 2 appearances): NDSU (2011, 2012)
Big Sky (2 teams with 3 appearances): Montana (2008, 2009), EWU (2010)

Teams with national titles
MVFC (1 team with 2 titles): NDSU (2011, 2012)
Big Sky (1 team with 1 title): EWU (2010)

Did you actually check to see if the Big Sky teams were seeded, as opposed to hosting. Until very recently only 4 teams were seeded. Last year, only 5 teams were seeded. This is the first year with 8 seeds, except before about 2000 when I believe all teams were in effect seeded. Historically (in the past dozen or so years), home games were not necessarily based on seeding. They were based on bids, just like host teams for first round games have been selected in recent years.

Green26
November 25th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I don't think any of the power conferences are more than 3-4 teams deep, some only 2. The thing about the BSC is the conference is SO HUGE and really tops out at 4 deep. You have a LOT of **** at the bottom. Almost enough to fill a whole conference of its own.

Picking up the Great Rest did nothing to increase your conference rigor.

The Big Sky had only 3 bad teams, out of 13, this year.

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 11:33 PM
The Big Sky had only 3 bad teams, out of 13, this year.

Cal Poly is a solid program and will ya look at that…another former GWFC team in SUU made the playoffs this year...

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I don't think any of the power conferences are more than 3-4 teams deep, some only 2. The thing about the BSC is the conference is SO HUGE and really tops out at 4 deep. You have a LOT of **** at the bottom. Almost enough to fill a whole conference of its own.Picking up the Great Rest did nothing to increase your conference rigor.

I'm no fan of the Big Sky expanded to 13 teams. It is a mess since not all teams play. I also agree the bottom of the conference has several sad teams. Yet look closer to home, the bottom of the MVFC is easy pickings too (Alex, I'll take I State for the win please). Same with the middle of the Big Sky being comparable to the middle of the Missouri Valley. Each conference has several teams with talent who might beat (almost) anyone, but inconsistent play consigns them to mediocrity in their final results.

I'm sure you'll disagree but Cal Poly, Portland State, or even Sacramento State would have had a fair chance to have gotten through this year's MVFC with five losses or less. I have no idea if any were 'better than' Youngstown, No. Iowa, or S. Illinois. Yet I'm confident each had the potential to shock a few of your teams and end up somewhere in the middle of your conference too.

Green26
November 25th, 2013, 11:40 PM

You can state that over and over, but in reality, Montana comes out on top if you compare season results. See below.

Big Sky schools NAU played that Montana didn't were Southern Utah, Idaho State, Northern Colorado. These teams were combined 6-18 conference, 12-14 overall.

Big Sky schools UM played that NAU didn't were Eastern Washington, Portland State, Weber State. These teams were a combined 12-12 conference, 18-18 overall.

For the 6 common opponents overall the Lumberjacks we're 5-1 vs them, and outscored them 154-140

For the 6 common opponents overall the Griz we're 6-0 vs them, and outscored those teams 228-127

In the ncaa's SRS, UM is rated 8th, and NAU is rated 11th. The SRS is a stated criteria of the FCS playoff selection process this year. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-srs-poll

In the Sagarin, UM is rated 96th, and NAU is rated 131st. There are 31 FCS teams between UM and NAU in the Sagarin.

In the GPI, UM is ranked ahead of NAU. Don't know if this week's is out yet, but last week UM was 8th and NAU was 16th .

In the Sports Network poll, UM is ranked 4th, and NAU is ranked 8th.

And NAU didn't play EWU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Cal Poly is a solid program and will ya look at that…another former GWFC team in SUU made the playoffs this year...

The BSC had 6 teams with losing records, 2 at .500. that's 8 out of 13 teams without winning records.

Southern Utah has only this year been able to escape the .500 barrier. I remember them from the old Great West days. This is their first 6+ win season.

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I'm no fan of the Big Sky expanded to 13 teams. It is a mess since not all teams play. I also agree the bottom of the conference has several sad teams. Yet look closer to home, the bottom of the MVFC is easy pickings too (Alex, I'll take I State for the win please). Same with the middle of the Big Sky being comparable to the middle of the Missouri Valley. Each conference has several teams with talent who might beat (almost) anyone, but inconsistent play consigns them to mediocrity in their final results.

I'm sure you'll disagree but Cal Poly, Portland State, or even Sacramento State would have had a fair chance to have gotten through this year's MVFC with five losses or less. I have no idea if any were 'better than' Youngstown, No. Iowa, or S. Illinois. Yet I'm confident each had the potential to shock a few of your teams and end up somewhere in the middle of your conference too.

Yep. Cal Poly, PSU, and MSU all have quite a bit of talent and athleticism.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM
The BSC had 6 teams with losing records, 2 at .500. that's 8 out of 13 teams without winning records.
Southern Utah has only this year been able to escape the .500 barrier. I remember them from the old Great West days. This is their first 6+ win season.

Well, duh. Haven't you heard? That is because the Big Sky is so tough and the teams beat up on each other (somehow this sounds hauntingly familiar).

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM
My only argument is that all the power conferences all go 4, maybe 5 deep in any given year. Sometimes only 2 or 3. It doesn't matter how many are at the bottom, only the top. No conference is top to bottom strong.

Green26
November 25th, 2013, 11:57 PM

And like MV, this is a sign of the strength of the Big Sky, not a weakness. Except at the very top, the Big Sky beat up each other this year. This happened more in the MV, I think.

The MV had only 1 team with fewer than 4 losses and 3 with fewer than 5 losses; and 5 of 10 teams had losing records (that's 50% and a higher percentage.

The Big Sky has 4 teams with more total offense than the MV, and 6 teams with more total offense than all but NDSU. Yes, defense may impact this, but in reality the Big Sky has some powerful offenses.

Montana held 7 teams to less than 20 points. NDSU 8 teams. SDS 6 teams.

Green26
November 25th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Well, duh. Haven't you heard? That is because the Big Sky is so tough and the teams beat up on each other (somehow this sounds hauntingly familiar).

Correct. And the MV had a higher percentage of teams with a losing record than the Big Sky.

At this point of the season, almost all conferences are in this situation, by definition, because conference teams play each other, and each conference obviously ends with half wins and half losses, by definition.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Did you actually check to see if the Big Sky teams were seeded, as opposed to hosting. Until very recently only 4 teams were seeded. Last year, only 5 teams were seeded. This is the first year with 8 seeds, except before about 2000 when I believe all teams were in effect seeded. Historically (in the past dozen or so years), home games were not necessarily based on seeding. They were based on bids, just like host teams for first round games have been selected in recent years.
Yep, all Big Sky teams in the head-to-heads were seeded and hosting.

2009: #1 Montana 61 (Big Sky champ), SDSU 48 (2nd in the MVFC)
2010: #4 Montana St 17 (Big Sky co-champ and autobid), NDSU 42 (T3rd in the MVFC)
2010: #5 EWU 38 (Big Sky at large co-champ), NDSU 31 (T3rd in the MVFC)
2011: #4 Montana 48 (Big Sky co-champ and autobid) #5 UNI 10 (MVFC at large co-champ)
2012: #2 EWU 51 (Big Sky co-champ and autobid), Illinois St 25 (2nd in the MVFC)

I was wrong about all the wins coming from the Big Sky autobids, I was thinking EWU was the autobid in 2010 but it was MSU.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Yep, all Big Sky teams in the head-to-heads were seeded and hosting.

2009: #1 Montana 61 (Big Sky champ), SDSU 48 (2nd in the MVFC)
2010: #4 Montana St 17 (Big Sky co-champ and autobid), NDSU 42 (T3rd in the MVFC)
2010: #5 EWU 38 (Big Sky at large co-champ), NDSU 31 (T3rd in the MVFC)
2011: #4 Montana 48 (Big Sky co-champ and autobid) #5 UNI 10 (MVFC at large co-champ)
2012: #2 EWU 51 (Big Sky co-champ and autobid), Illinois St 25 (2nd in the MVFC)

I was wrong about all the wins coming from the Big Sky autobids, I was thinking EWU was the autobid in 2010 but it was MSU.

Thanks. I assume you would admit that the 2011 game between 4 and 5 seeds doesn't really support your argument. And obviously there shouldn't be a 38 point difference between a 4th and 5th seed.

MSOGrizfan
November 26th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Wow, lots of hatred here for the Grizzlies. I don't visit AGS often, but saw this thread and wanted to post.

To all the conspiracy theorists out there, Montana did not receive a "gift" from the selection committee, at best, they received a little love and recognition. I assure you Montana does not have a mole on the selection committee lobbying for higher than earned seeds.

In the past 10 years the Grizzlies have been in the playoffs 8 times, played in the semi finals 4 times and played in the title game 3 times. NAU has been to the playoffs once in that time frame, exactly 10 years ago. NAU had their chance at a conference title, but crapped the bed in Bozeman. They also needed a come from behind win last weekend at SUU (with a little help from the officials) to even be in consideration for a seed. Fair or not, name recognition and playoff history matters. Its subjective, and the selection committee is hired to wade through the details. To all the NAU fans and players, I suggest you celebrate getting your first playoff game in a decade at home, and not worry so much about what the Griz are doing. You have a very tough SDSU team coming to town this weekend. Win couple playoff games and you'll earn some respect too.

By the way, this happens every year in the NCAA basketball tournament as well. Repeat mid major teams receive better seeds on their second and third appearances than on their first, even if their body of work is not better. Major conference teams with losing conference records are regularly selected over mid-majors with impressive seasons. How do you choose who's more deserving? Again, its subjective and this is what the selection committee does.

After last years 5-6 season, and an inconsistent road to a 10-2 record this year, I am thrilled for our guys to be back in the playoffs this year. I don't think most Griz fans have any disillusionment about the tough road we face in the playoffs this year. I know very little about Bethune Cookman and Coastal Carolina, but both teams have impressive records and imagine both will be ready to go December 7th.

If we do make it to the quarterfinals, we presumably meet NDSU in the Fargo Dome. That's a tough draw, and I have all the respect in the world for the Bison. The Griz will have to play their best game of the season to win that one. However, this team has seen a lot of adversity over the past year and has shown an ability to rally when things look bleak. These guys have the grit to find a way to compete with NDSU. And if the Griz do lose in the Fargo Dome? That's an 11-3 season that ends with a road loss to the defending national champion, and a preview of nexts years rematch with them. If they walk away from Fargo with a win...watch out world, here come the Griz!

veinup
November 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM
i havent been on here forever, but damn, bison fans do talk a fair amount of ****.

kalm
November 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Wow, lots of hatred here for the Grizzlies. I don't visit AGS often, but saw this thread and wanted to post.

To all the conspiracy theorists out there, Montana did not receive a "gift" from the selection committee, at best, they received a little love and recognition. I assure you Montana does not have a mole on the selection committee lobbying for higher than earned seeds.

In the past 10 years the Grizzlies have been in the playoffs 8 times, played in the semi finals 4 times and played in the title game 3 times. NAU has been to the playoffs once in that time frame, exactly 10 years ago. NAU had their chance at a conference title, but crapped the bed in Bozeman. They also needed a come from behind win last weekend at SUU (with a little help from the officials) to even be in consideration for a seed. Fair or not, name recognition and playoff history matters. Its subjective, and the selection committee is hired to wade through the details. To all the NAU fans and players, I suggest you celebrate getting your first playoff game in a decade at home, and not worry so much about what the Griz are doing. You have a very tough SDSU team coming to town this weekend. Win couple playoff games and you'll earn some respect too.

By the way, this happens every year in the NCAA basketball tournament as well. Repeat mid major teams receive better seeds on their second and third appearances than on their first, even if their body of work is not better. Major conference teams with losing conference records are regularly selected over mid-majors with impressive seasons. How do you choose who's more deserving? Again, its subjective and this is what the selection committee does.

After last years 5-6 season, and an inconsistent road to a 10-2 record this year, I am thrilled for our guys to be back in the playoffs this year. I don't think most Griz fans have any disillusionment about the tough road we face in the playoffs this year. I know very little about Bethune Cookman and Coastal Carolina, but both teams have impressive records and imagine both will be ready to go December 7th.

If we do make it to the quarterfinals, we presumably meet NDSU in the Fargo Dome. That's a tough draw, and I have all the respect in the world for the Bison. The Griz will have to play their best game of the season to win that one. However, this team has seen a lot of adversity over the past year and has shown an ability to rally when things look bleak. These guys have the grit to find a way to compete with NDSU. And if the Griz do lose in the Fargo Dome? That's an 11-3 season that ends with a road loss to the defending national champion, and a preview of nexts years rematch with them. If they walk away from Fargo with a win...watch out world, here come the Griz!

In other words...Montana received a gift.

(But the rest of your post is solid)

clawman
November 26th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Maybe I should have titled this thread Pooor NAU. If Mt can pull off favoritism hey more power to them. I feel for NAU getting the shaft more than MT getting a seed. The seeding is probably better for the Sky but should not be at the expense of the Lumberjacks.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2013, 08:42 AM
The only gift was Ewu getting a 3 seed that is complete crap and NAU should be more pissed off about that than Montana rolling into the playoffs on a 4 game winning streak and being ranked 4th in the SN poll.

We should have got a 5 or 6 seed.

NAU might have got jobbed but it wasnt by us, we got jobbed because we are seeded to low.

putter
November 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Gift? Maine loses by 3 touchdowns to UNH and keeps a 5 seed. As Alpha stated, Montana is on a 4 game winning streak and finished 4th in the Sports Network poll? Who really got the gift of a seed here?

MSOGrizfan
November 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM
In other words...Montana received a gift.

(But the rest of your post is solid)

Nope, no Gift here. A top 5 team got what they earned. The computer models would have likely placed Montana ahead of NAU as well. Those who don't like the game don't have to participate. Time for NAU to celebrate receiving a home playoff bid, and focus on at really tough SDSU team.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks. I assume you would admit that the 2011 game between 4 and 5 seeds doesn't really support your argument. And obviously there shouldn't be a 38 point difference between a 4th and 5th seed.
Agreed, it definitely was a much more dominant performance than I would've expected considering the teams looked to be pretty evenly matched coming in. UNI has a tendency to do that in the playoffs. :p

kalm
November 26th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Nope, no Gift here. A top 5 team got what they earned. The computer models would have likely placed Montana ahead of NAU as well. Those who don't like the game don't have to participate. Time for NAU to celebrate receiving a home playoff bid, and focus on at really tough SDSU team.

I was referring to your explanation of historical performance as being why. And you could be right…which would make that decision wrong…and a gift.

I'm OK with Montana being seeded, but NAU you should be too…and seeded ahead of them. Montana has one win against a team with a winning record and had a jump in the polls - not exactly a solid foundation of why they are more deserving.

Granted, Maine isn't really much better.

Hammerhead
November 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Do you think Montana's 12-game schedule that gave them an extra win (even though it was a D-II opponent) helped give the Griz a seed over the Lumberjacks?

kalm
November 26th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Do you think Montana's 12-game schedule that gave them an extra win (even though it was a D-II opponent) helped give the Griz a seed over the Lumberjacks?

A win against OK Panhandle was the clincher? Doubt it.

Herder
November 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
A win against OK Panhandle was the clincher? Doubt it.

Maybe it was the Griz's OOC wins against tough, winning, playoff caliber . . . nevermind.
Maybe it was the Griz's FBS wi . . . um, no.
Maybe it was their compeitive loss to EWU, the bounceback from the NAU drubbing, or the win vs a reeling MSU? I think that's it!

MSOGrizfan
November 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I was referring to your explanation of historical performance as being why. And you could be right…which would make that decision wrong…and a gift.

I'm OK with Montana being seeded, but NAU you should be too…and seeded ahead of them. Montana has one win against a team with a winning record and had a jump in the polls - not exactly a solid foundation of why they are more deserving.

Granted, Maine isn't really much better.

So even though the computer models support the selection committee's decision, its still a gift? Don't think that EWU doesn't also get some name recognition from their recent playoff success.

kalm
November 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
So even though the computer models support the selection committee's decision, its still a gift? Don't think that EWU doesn't also get some name recognition from their recent playoff success.

If that's what the computer models suggested, then they are as flawed as the committee.

Same # of losses.

Montana's two best wins: 7-5 Montana State, 6-6 Cal Poly neither playoff bound.

NAU's two best wins: 10-2 Montana, 8-4 SUU, both playoff bound

SOS is at best a push if not favoring NAU

You could make a case that Montana had higher quality losses except….

So yes, the committee relied on historical reputation and the computers to make the decision.

Oh well.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
If that's what the computer models suggested, then they are as flawed as the committee.

Same # of losses.

Montana's two best wins: 7-5 Montana State, 6-6 Cal Poly neither playoff bound.

NAU's two best wins: 10-2 Montana, 8-4 SUU, both playoff bound

SOS is at best a push if not favoring NAU

You could make a case that Montana had higher quality losses except….

So yes, the committee relied on historical reputation and the computers to make the decision.

Oh well.

You are not focusing on the entire season. The committee makes its decisions on the entire season, not just a few games. See below for a more complete analysis of the season. My view is that Montana has a case for having a higher seed than 8th.

Big Sky schools NAU played that Montana didn't were Southern Utah, Idaho State, Northern Colorado. These teams were combined 6-18 conference, 12-14 overall.

Big Sky schools UM played that NAU didn't were Eastern Washington, Portland State, Weber State. These teams were a combined 12-12 conference, 18-18 overall.

For the 6 common opponents overall the Lumberjacks we're 5-1 vs them, and outscored them 154-140

For the 6 common opponents overall the Griz we're 6-0 vs them, and outscored those teams 228-127

In the ncaa's SRS, UM is rated 8th, and NAU is rated 11th. The SRS is a stated criteria of the FCS playoff selection process this year.http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-srs-poll

In the Sagarin, UM is rated 96th, and NAU is rated 131st. There are 31 FCS teams between UM and NAU in the Sagarin.

In the GPI, UM is 6th and NAU is 10th. Historically, the GPI is one of the best indicators of playoff selection and seeding. It was relatively accurate this year, but not as accurate as most years in the past.

And NAU didn't play EWU.

Instead of saying that the playoff committee, computer ratings, polls, etc. are all wrong, and focusing on a game or two, perhaps you and NAU ought to look at the overall picture/analysis, and face up to reality. Under your "analysis", maybe SHS should be complaining that they didn't get the seed that that EWU received, as SHS beat EWU.

BCS Sucks
November 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Haters gonna Hate

Silenoz
November 26th, 2013, 11:05 AM
18 pages? Holy crap.

Should NAU have gotten the seed over us? Probably

Do they stand a better chance of getting further in the playoffs because they're no-where near NDSU? Probably

kalm
November 26th, 2013, 11:20 AM
You are not focusing on the entire season. The committee makes its decisions on the entire season, not just a few games. See below for a more complete analysis of the season. My view is that Montana has a case for having a higher seed than 8th.

In the ncaa's SRS, UM is rated 8th, and NAU is rated 11th. The SRS is a stated criteria of the FCS playoff selection process this year.http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-srs-poll

In the GPI, UM is 6th and NAU is 10th. Historically, the GPI is one of the best indicators of playoff selection and seeding. It was relatively accurate this year, but not as accurate as most years in the past.

And NAU didn't play EWU.

Instead of saying that the playoff committee, computer ratings, polls, etc. are all wrong, and focusing on a game or two, perhaps you and NAU ought to look at the overall picture/analysis, and face up to reality. Under your "analysis", maybe SHS should be complaining that they didn't get the seed that that EWU received, as SHS beat EWU.

Poll, poll, poll, computer model, MOV (which the committee states is not a factor.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Poll, poll, poll, computer model, MOV (which the committee states is not a factor.

Where did the committee ever state that margin of victory is not factor? I have never seen that. Just because their new SRS, which is in a trial stage and only one of many factors that is considered, didn't have MOV in it, doesn't mean the committee didn't look at it. Obviously, they did, whether they did it by hand or by looking at GPI, polls, other computer rankings, etc. Again, focusing on one or two games, is not how the committee makes its selections. Also, the SRS used by the ncaa this year is completely faulty and out to lunch--in large part because it doesn't have MOV in it. Using a system without any element of MOV is just plain stupid.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
18 pages? Holy crap.

Should NAU have gotten the seed over us? Probably

Do they stand a better chance of getting further in the playoffs because they're no-where near NDSU? Probably

What basis do you have for saying what you said in your first sentence? Please don't just say head-to-head from 2 months ago. You need to look at the entire season, for both teams. That's what the committee does. Of course, head-to-head is an important factor, but there are many more factors.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 12:30 PM
What basis do you have for saying what you said in your first sentence? Please don't just say head-to-head from 2 months ago. You need to look at the entire season, for both teams. That's what the committee does. Of course, head-to-head is an important factor, but there are many more factors.

You say head to head like it's some kind of abstract concept. They beat you. They didn't just beat you they whipped your fannies, as it is said around here.

18 point win, played a FBS and not OK Panhandle.

This doesn't even pass the eye test.

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
You say head to head like it's some kind of abstract concept. They beat you. They didn't just beat you they whipped your fannies, as it is said around here.

By far our worst performance of the season, and their offense only put up 14 points on us. ISU put up 17 on the Bison last year, are we really to believe they were the better team?

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Oh, and you're completely ignoring the relative weakness of their conference schedule compared to ours.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 12:49 PM
By far our worst performance of the season, and their offense only put up 14 points on us. ISU put up 17 on the Bison last year, are we really to believe they were the better team?

They beat you. They won. They had more points on the board.

If you want to flog EWU as your quality opponent they didn't have. They have 2 playoff teams on their schedule, both of which they won.

You have 2 playoff teams on your schedule, both of which you lost. See how that works?

App State isn't a quality opponent, not this year.

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM
They beat you. They won. They had more points on the board.

If you want to flog EWU as your quality opponent they didn't have. They have 2 playoff teams on their schedule, both of which they won.

You have 2 playoff teams on your schedule, both of which you lost. See how that works?

App State isn't a quality opponent, not this year.

So did ISU. I guess they're the better team, huh?

dbackjon
You can state that over and over, but in reality, Montana comes out on top if you compare season results. See below.

In the ncaa's SRS, UM is rated 8th, and NAU is rated 11th. The SRS is a stated criteria of the FCS playoff selection process this year. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-srs-poll

In the GPI, UM is ranked ahead of NAU. Don't know if this week's is out yet, but last week UM was 8th and NAU was 16th .

And NAU didn't play EWU.

Again, you are basing your argument on two things, both meaningless
1) THE COMPUTERS!! Well, the computers are ****.
2) Montana State!!

Anybody that understands football knows these two facts:

!) NAU 34 Montana 18
2) NAU second in Big Sky, ahead of Montana.

Anything else is noise from clueless fans who don't know jack ****.

Herder
Overall Records: Push 10-2 vs. 9-2 (Panhandle State) total Push
Conf Standings: Win NAU
Head-to-Head: Win NAU

This stuff isn't hard folks. Look no further than the head to head matchup if overall records and conf standings don't decide it. Shame on the committee.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM

This stuff isn't hard folks. Look no further than the head to head matchup if overall records and conf standings don't decide it. Shame on the committee.

This is the thing. You don't have to go any further than this to find what probably should have happened here. When you start bringing up common opponents and things like the SN poll you are grasping because the most logical arguments don't work in your favor.

Now if H2H is being used as a basis when there is clear separation of the teams otherwise it can be discounted. Not in this case though. Not to mention we tied for 3rd and they were second.

If H2H doesn't mean anything in these situations then why in the hell would the conference use it to decide who gets the f'n autobid when two teams are tied in conference?

MSOGrizfan
November 26th, 2013, 01:30 PM
2) Montana State!!

!) NAU 34 Montana 18

I thought Montana was likely to get a seed with a win over MSU, and I was right. Who's the clueless fan who doesn't know jack? The committee obviously wasn't that impressed with NAU's body of work, hence the lack of respect.

In all sincerity, I wish NAU luck against SDSU. A dominant win will prove all the naysayers wrong, and what could be better than that? I hope the BSC represents this year after getting 4 teams in the playoffs. I'd LOVE to see an NAU/EWU matchup in the quarter finals.

All the complaining about playoff seeds is just noise. Players, coaches and fans have no influence over the seeding process, you play the hand you are dealt. If NAU belongs, they'll prove it on the field. And by the way, other than the by-week, Montana was dealt a pretty tough hand. I'm sure our guy's are focused on game one rather than worrying about being in NDSU's side of the bracket. I hope NAU doesn't get distracted by the noise.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
2) Montana State!!

!) NAU 34 Montana 18

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fail.

xcoffeex

Houndawg
November 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM

Tickets sales: Win Montana

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
This is the thing. You don't have to go any further than this to find what probably should have happened here. When you start bringing up common opponents and things like the SN poll you are grasping because the most logical arguments don't work in your favor.

Now if H2H is being used as a basis when there is clear separation of the teams otherwise it can be discounted. Not in this case though. Not to mention we tied for 3rd and they were second.

If H2H doesn't mean anything in these situations then why in the hell would the conference use it to decide who gets the f'n autobid when two teams are tied in conference?

Anyone can say this is different but here is something out of the 2013 NAIA FCS Championship Handbook. I know it is FCS but it is just common sense. Look at the last line.

c. In case of ties in the November 17 final rating, which affect selection procedure, the following tie-breaking system will be

used:

Head to head result between tied teams

Win/loss percentage among common opponents

Accumulated ratings points in the previous four ratings grids (not including current weekly grid)

Differential between highest and lowest rating (after displacement) – team with the smaller differential is rated
above team with larger differential

Vote of National Oversight Committee

Note: Tie-breaking criteria stop anytime the tie is broken.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naia.org%2Ffls%2F27900%2F1NAI A%2FChampionships%2FCoachesCorner%2FFootball%2FPQ% 2FFCS_Manual.pdf&ei=NQOVUuD1AqXfsATRuYGAAg&usg=AFQjCNHfXyYFBq9xbSVaBN5PlXMnJqnzKw&sig2=zhzicNmYbW-_gV_0usXufA

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM

Either way the Griz only have one home game before hitting the road. Try again.

Grizzlies82
November 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM

Never understood this so called argument. It may be a factor to include Montana when it is on the bubble. Though for this seeding it makes no sense.
If Montana is not seeded, they host a first round game then go on the road.
If Montana is seeded, they host a second round game then go on the road.
In either case there will be the usual 20,000 plus in Missoula for a playoff game. No more, no less, income for the NCAA.

dbackjon
November 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fail.

xcoffeex

I like the poster that bought your egriz handle much better

Grizalltheway
November 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Never understood this so called argument. It may be a factor to include Montana when it is on the bubble. Though for this seeding it makes no sense.
If Montana is not seeded, they host a first round game then go on the road.
If Montana is seeded, they host a second round game then go on the road.
In either case there will be the usual 20,000 plus in Missoula for a playoff game. No more, no less, income for the NCAA.

I think it will probably be more than 20k, given that it's sandwiched between Turkey Day and Christmas, and most people will (hopefully) realize that it's the last home game of the year.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM

NAU got beat 35-0 in the FBS game. They don't get credit for getting smoked like that. UM played 12 games, and NAU played 11. UM played EWU, and NAU didn't. UM beat MSU 28-14, and NAU lost to MSU 36-7. UM wasn't selected because they beat a D-II.

Your (lack of) analysis is weak; in fact, non-existent.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
2) Montana State!!

!) NAU 34 Montana 18

Actually, you are the clueless one. Can't wait until SDS beats NAU. That will shut up the whiners from NAU.

Silenoz
November 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM

Yeah, I'm not re-hashing 18 pages worth of discussion on the matter. My point is the whole argument is irrelevant. NAU had nothing to gain with the seed.

I also know that you are never swayed by anyone on anything ever anyways, so there's that too

SIUSalukiFan
November 26th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Montana would have won had a lineman not caught his thumb in a defender's facemask on a TD pass. Quit hating.

dbackjon
November 26th, 2013, 03:48 PM
NAU got beat 35-0 in the FBS game. They don't get credit for getting smoked like that. UM played 12 games, and NAU played 11. UM played EWU, and NAU didn't. UM beat MSU 28-14, and NAU lost to MSU 36-7. UM wasn't selected because they beat a D-II.

Your (lack of) analysis is weak; in fact, non-existent.

You're 12th game was against Oklahoma Panhandle State.
You didn't play an FBS. Our FBS just beat Oregon worse than NAU WHOOPED YOUR ASSES.

But, why play the game, if head-to-head doesn't matter??

Just pick EIU vs NDSU, call the whole play-offs off.

dbackjon
November 26th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Actually, you are the clueless one. Can't wait until SDS beats NAU. That will shut up the whiners from NAU.

Hating a fellow conference mate.

Nice.

Good thing there are much better REAL football fans from Montana than jack-a-lopes like yourself.

Silenoz
November 26th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Montana would have won had a lineman not caught his thumb in a defender's facemask on a TD pass. Quit hating.

As ridiculous as that sounds...

Silenoz
November 26th, 2013, 03:51 PM

Nice.

Good thing there are much better REAL football fans from Montana than jack-a-lopes like yourself.
This place needs more intra-conference hate. Too much coattails-riding. I got nothing against NAU or SUU but I always hope EWU (or MSU if they make it) crashes and burns

SIUSalukiFan
November 26th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Either way the Griz only have one home game before hitting the road. Try again.

The NCAA will earn more money from one NCAA game in Missoula than it will from 2-3 other first-round match-ups combined. Don't pretend it's not about money.

I'm not hating, either. I've been to a game at Montana and it's a fantastic atmosphere. Many schools would kill to have that kind of support.

But, don't frame Montana always getting home games as a non-factor to the NCAA. That's simply not the case. The Griz are their FCS Golden Goose. xlolx

SIUSalukiFan
November 26th, 2013, 04:24 PM
As ridiculous as that sounds...

In a thread full of ridiculous posts it certainly stands out.

Silenoz
November 26th, 2013, 04:33 PM
In a thread full of ridiculous posts it certainly stands out.

What can I say, one of our o-lineman injuring himself was a major factor in our comeback bid against EWU coming just short. Truth is stranger than fiction

SIUSalukiFan
November 26th, 2013, 04:37 PM
What can I say, one of our o-lineman injuring himself was a major factor in our comeback bid against EWU coming just short. Truth is stranger than fiction

When did he get hurt? We need more context here. Describe what happened. xlolx

putter
November 26th, 2013, 05:10 PM
The NCAA will earn more money from one NCAA game in Missoula than it will from 2-3 other first-round match-ups combined. Don't pretend it's not about money.

I'm not hating, either. I've been to a game at Montana and it's a fantastic atmosphere. Many schools would kill to have that kind of support.

But, don't frame Montana always getting home games as a non-factor to the NCAA. That's simply not the case. The Griz are their FCS Golden Goose. xlolx

I understand what you are saying but NAU fans have only their team to blame. Montana lost to #3 EWU by 5 and #8 NAU (2 fumbles inside the 10 returned for TD's) where NAU got beat by MSU (who finished poorly). If you really want to go there Montana had 2 good losses to the top 2 teams where NAU's loss was bad to a mediocre MSU team. I won't bring up the SRS or SOS stats as those have been brought up already. Doesn't really matter. If NAU had been sent on the road in the first round I would be more pissed as an NAU fan but you get to play at home at 7000 feet. Feel good about yourselves actually being in the playoffs this year and having a chance, if you win, to knock of the top dog in the conference since you did not have to in the regular season

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I'm not re-hashing 18 pages worth of discussion on the matter. My point is the whole argument is irrelevant. NAU had nothing to gain with the seed.

I also know that you are never swayed by anyone on anything ever anyways, so there's that too

Actually, I am frequently swayed by posts and posters who actually provide good information and analysis and have something to good to say. But you are right, when I believe I am right, I am not persuaded by posts/posters who make broad or conclusionary statements without providing support for the statements nor by statements that don't seem to make sense.

Grizzlies82
November 26th, 2013, 05:56 PM
When did he get hurt? We need more context here. Describe what happened. xlolx

Jammed his finger on a defender's face mask perhaps? Those hurt you know.

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 06:04 PM

Nice.

You're the one doing the hating. You keep harping on the seed thing, and can't look at the full season and the weight of the evidence that caused the committee to give UM a seed. It appears that people like you will only shut up after your team gets its butts kicked. So I'll wait for that to happen. I'd be happy to put my football credentials up against you.

Red & Black
November 26th, 2013, 06:05 PM

You are aware that we were playing without our two starting safeties at the point, yes? One of the kids we had out there was a walk-on True Freshman. A Scout team player who travelled that week because we didn't have enough healthy bodies who found himself playing in that game because of more injuries to that position that were sustained in that game. I think that had just as much to do with your "comeback" as anything else, especially when Montana started passing a lot in the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Red & Black
November 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM
This place needs more intra-conference hate. Too much coattails-riding. I got nothing against NAU or SUU but I always hope EWU (or MSU if they make it) crashes and burns

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

clawman
November 27th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Thats the ONLY reason I can see and even that is pretty weak. Why would FCS teams be encouraged to play cupcake games? (Oklahoma Panhandle State)

SIUSalukiFan
November 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Jammed his finger on a defender's face mask perhaps? Those hurt you know.

Well, Montana did score 21 fourth-quarter points so it didn't seem to be a crippling injury for the Griz offense.

montanan1234
November 28th, 2013, 02:02 PM
NAU beat Montana, bad

It's Simple:
1. Montana went against EWU and only lost by 7 i believe
2. NAU beat Montana, Got beat by MSU, Montana beat MSU 28-14.
3. Montana was 10-2, NAU didnt have as good a TOTAL record, Team with better record gets better seed. All you guys had better was conference record without playing EWU
4. Playoffs go more off of overall record than just conference.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
It's Simple:
NAU beat Montana

FIFY. eliminated extraneous informatiom

montanan1234
November 29th, 2013, 11:19 AM
FIFY. eliminated extraneous informatiom

Simple tiebreaker. NAU Beats Montana so thats a plus, MSU beats NAU not a factor till UM-MSU, Montana Beat MSU.

Basically overall, the win NAU had over Montana got negated by the fact the MSU beat them and lost to UM. Blame MSU for beating you and not beating the Griz because that makes your win less-important overall via tiebreaker type rules.

Again all NAU had was a better CONFERENCE RECORD. overall record, Montana had the EXACT SAME RECORD as Eastern Washington OVERALL. seeding doesnt always go off of conference standings when you have conferences that are competitive like the Big Sky.

robsnotes4u
November 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I understand what you are saying but NAU fans have only their team to blame. Montana lost to #3 EWU by 5 (because EWU let up on the gas, otherwise it would have been a 21 point blowout) and #8 NAU (2 fumbles inside the 10 returned for TD's) where NAU got beat by MSU (who finished poorly). If you really want to go there Montana had 2 good losses to the top 2 teams where NAU's loss was bad to a mediocre MSU team. I won't bring up the SRS or SOS stats as those have been brought up already. Doesn't really matter. If NAU had been sent on the road in the first round I would be more pissed as an NAU fan but you get to play at home at 7000 feet. Feel good about yourselves actually being in the playoffs this year and having a chance, if you win, to knock of the top dog in the conference since you did not have to in the regular season

FIFY since you made excuses for the NAU loss I figured it goes both ways.

Bisonoline
November 29th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Simple tiebreaker. NAU Beats Montana so thats a plus, MSU beats NAU not a factor till UM-MSU, Montana Beat MSU.

Basically overall, the win NAU had over Montana got negated by the fact the MSU beat them and lost to UM. Blame MSU for beating you and not beating the Griz because that makes your win less-important overall via tiebreaker type rules.

Again all NAU had was a better CONFERENCE RECORD. overall record, Montana had the EXACT SAME RECORD as Eastern Washington OVERALL. seeding doesnt always go off of conference standings when you have conferences that are competitive like the Big Sky.

Your 15,000 extra seats might have been a consideration?

Grizalltheway
November 29th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Your 15,000 extra seats might have been a consideration?

I'm gonna go blue in the face asking this on here, but what difference does attendance make when we have one home game and then hit the road either way?

SIUSalukiFan
November 29th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm gonna go blue in the face asking this on here, but what difference does attendance make when we have one home game and then hit the road either way?

A bunch to the NCAA, which gets half of the gate receipts as its cut from that one home game.

Grizalltheway
November 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM
A bunch to the NCAA, which gets half of the gate receipts as its cut from that one home game.

Right, but as the 8th seed on NDSU's side of the bracket, there's about a 99.99999% chance we'll only be playing one home game, just like if we had been an unseeded at-large instead. It's really pretty simple.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Right, but as the 8th seed on NDSU's side of the bracket, there's about a 99.99999% chance we'll only be playing one home game, just like if we had been an unseeded at-large instead. It's really pretty simple.

Yeah if you look at it it's easy to see that reason does not make sense.

putter
November 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
FIFY since you made excuses for the NAU loss I figured it goes both ways.

No excuses rob....I mentioned the fumbles because they happened and NAU capitalized. I mentioned them because a lot of NAU fans act like they shut down Montana 100% and they did not, Montana was driving inside the 10 both times. They turned it over but were moving the ball..good plays for NAU. IMO EWU did let off the gas, however, Montana scored 3 times with EWU punting each drive. Not taking anything away from EWU or NAU they won the games. Montana lost to the top 2 teams in the league, NAU lost to the #5 team in the league......

SIUSalukiFan
November 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM

Maybe you need another drink tonight or one fewer. It is really pretty simple but you can't seem to figure it out.

kalm
November 30th, 2013, 08:13 AM

Again, NAU had one more quality win than the Griz.

Wilson16
November 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM

Agreed. They did get a gift

Bronco
November 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I think if I was an Eastern Fan posting on this thread that I'd be more concerned about their last game in November then what happened to the Griz in September.

Every team has a bad game during the year...much rather have it when there is still leaves on the trees.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Maybe you need another drink tonight or one fewer. It is really pretty simple but you can't seem to figure it out.
Lol.

kalm
November 30th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I think if I was an Eastern Fan posting on this thread that I'd be more concerned about their last game in November then what happened to the Griz in September.

Every team has a bad game during the year...much rather have it when there is still leaves on the trees.

Still waiting for you guys to have a good game against a quality opponent. Hopefully in three weeks..

Bronco
November 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Still waiting for you guys to have a good game against a quality opponent. Hopefully in three weeks..

3 weeks
So you have us in the semifinals on Dec 21st?

kalm
November 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM
3 weeks
So you have us in the semifinals on Dec 21st?

Oops, I meant two weeks, three Saturdays.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Oops, I meant two weeks, three Saturdays.

http://www.screeninsults.com/images/the-tonight-show-starring-johnny-carson-carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

iamlostmrw
November 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM

If UM is so bad, perhaps it is NDSU who got the "gift".i'm betting that montana gives them a run for the money. we may start out slow but always come back strong and seem to get the W

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 10:55 PM
So how did that turn out.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

MSOGrizfan
December 1st, 2013, 12:42 AM
After 24 pages of this thread and a solid beat down of NAU today, do all the NAU defenders still think the lumberjacks were worthy of a seed? Bauman must have been too busy tweeting his frustration to realize it was game time.

Green26
December 1st, 2013, 12:52 AM
NAU embarrassed themselves and the conference tonight. Wish NAU had done better, but assume the loss will get some of the obnoxious and whining NAU fans into retirement.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2013, 12:57 AM
After 24 pages of this thread and a solid beat down of NAU today, do all the NAU defenders still think the lumberjacks were worthy of a seed? Bauman must have been too busy tweeting his frustration to realize it was game time.

why would anybody open up that can of worms when the Griz lost the head to head to NAU, and haven't won a game yet themselves in the playoffs?

i will list the excuses for you.
1. the Griz had a bad day....whatever
2. but we beat MSU who beat NAU.....does not matter, or someone can say MSU had a bad game against UM
3. it was the elevation...didnt effect the flatlanders
4. there defense got lucky and scored 2 TDs on us...part of the game
5. they didnt play EWU...nor did they play OK panhandle or AppState

i wouldn't be so cocky as the Griz have not won a game yet. What do you say if Coastal Carolina beats the Griz? would you agree the Griz
didn't deserve a seed? Would you agree right now that the Griz are playing a lesser opponent than NAU did?

Green26
December 1st, 2013, 01:06 AM
why would anybody open up that can of worms when the Griz lost the head to head to NAU, and haven't won a game yet themselves in the playoffs?

2. but we beat MSU who beat NAU.....does not matter, or someone can say MSU had a bad game against UM

i wouldn't be so cocky as the Griz have not won a game yet. What do you say if Coastal Carolina beats the Griz? would you agree the Griz
didn't deserve a seed? Would you agree right now that the Griz are playing a lesser opponent than NAU did?

Why do you care so much? Are you afraid the Griz is going to knock off its next few opponents? You may want to focus on your team, or you may end up like NAU.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 01:08 AM
Seeing the griz infighting is entertaining ^^ Keep it up.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 01:11 AM
No Griz infighting going on, Rob is a UND fan and Green26 is a Dartmouth/cat fan who has jumped on the Griz bandwagon recently.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2013, 01:16 AM
No Griz infighting going on, Rob is a UND fan and Green26 is a Dartmouth/cat fan who has jumped on the Griz bandwagon recently.

Rob is a self idenitifed UM/MSU/UND fan.

Basically everything bad in the world.xsmiley_wix

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 1st, 2013, 01:29 AM
Rob is a self idenitifed UM/MSU/UND fan.

Basically everything bad in the world.xsmiley_wix

Rob is a UND fan, his wife is the smart one in the family and she is a Griz........................

putter
December 1st, 2013, 01:38 AM

Can of worms? Really? If you are going to complain and get on twitter about not getting a seed then you had better go out and be competitive in your game. Don't get your ass kicked and put up goose eggs in 3 of 4 quarters at home. Losing to SDSU is not a sin as they are a very good team but NAU looked as bad as any of the MEAC teams today. Not like a team that thought they deserved a seed.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2013, 01:49 AM
Why do you care so much? Are you afraid the Griz is going to knock off its next few opponents? You may want to focus on your team, or you may end up like NAU.

Why did my post bother you?
What team should I focus on?
What do you mean that I may end up like NAU?

I would love to see the Griz knock off their next few opponents, unfortunately it is not going to happen.

robsnotes4u
December 1st, 2013, 01:51 AM
Rob is a UND fan, his wife is the smart one in the family and she is a Griz........................

Thanks Alpha, she is smarter than me, and better looking.