PDA

View Full Version : Which Coaches might be gone??

CFBfan
November 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
With the 2013 regular season in the books which coaches will or should be fired?

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
It seems most YSU fans are convinced that Eric Wolford will get the axe after YSU's season ending meltdown that left them out of the playoffs. Can't say I disagree after seeing how he acted during and after the NDSU game this year. Although it does seem a little harsh to fire a guy who's improved on the previous season's win total every year since his first year in 2010.

catamount man
November 24th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Mark Speir should be letting some assistants go as of tomorrow. Should being the key word.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
there are some coaches that "might be gone", but b/c they "get hired away" (or "move up"), instead of being fired.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I don't think Huesman will be fired, nor do I think he should, but if your a Chatt fan, this has to be one of the most disappointing ending to a season in a long, long time. When the season started, it looked like everything was set up for them to make the playoffs, weak conference, both App/GS ineligible, and maybe the best overall combination of pure talent and experience in the SC. I love the way Huesman has improved recruiting and brought in some first rate talent, but if your the AD I don't think it would be such a bad thing to call him into your office Monday morning, and explain how disappointed you are, and next year he has no excuses for not making the playoff, get it done or find another job.

Fear the Bird
November 24th, 2013, 01:50 PM
AD Eric Ziady, HC Dave Brick and DC Tim Weaver SHOULD be fired

but, keeping with the theme of the thread, none WILL be

SoupCity85
November 24th, 2013, 01:57 PM
It seems most YSU fans are convinced that Eric Wolford will get the axe after YSU's season ending meltdown that left them out of the playoffs. Can't say I disagree after seeing how he acted during and after the NDSU game this year. Although it does seem a little harsh to fire a guy who's improved on the previous season's win total every year since his first year in 2010.

Chaos, let me ask you one question. Yes, his record has included more wins each year, but, this program has suffered major collapses for the last 2 years. How prepared was YSU for the NDSU or hell, for SDSU. They weren't, period. Here's the question, put Coach Bohl and NDSU in YSUs shoes, what would you want to happen???

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Chaos, let me ask you one question. Yes, his record has included more wins each year, but, this program has suffered major collapses for the last 2 years. How prepared was YSU for the NDSU or hell, for SDSU. They weren't, period. Here's the question, put Coach Bohl and NDSU in YSUs shoes, what would you want to happen???
Before Bohl's recent run I would say he'd definitely be on the hot seat too. NDSU had a similar situation in 2010 where everyone thought they needed to beat Missouri St to get into the playoffs and ended up losing 3-0. There were calls to fire the Bohl and the OC at that time just based on that one year (a year in which expectations were pretty low coming in). They did end up sneaking in, making an unexpected run to the quarters, and the rest has been history. However, I think Bohl and Wolford are very different coaches and, no offense, Wolford is not head coach material based on what I've seen. He's more of the ilk of a crazy special teams coach. He just seems too hot headed and emotional to be a good game day head coach.

UCABEARS75
November 24th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Harper at SFA should be gone but their fans are convinced he has some negatives in his desk drawer.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Before Bohl's recent run I would say he'd definitely be on the hot seat too. NDSU had a similar situation in 2010 where everyone thought they needed to beat Missouri St to get into the playoffs and ended up losing 3-0. There were calls to fire the Bohl and the OC at that time just based on that one year (a year in which expectations were pretty low coming in). They did end up sneaking in, making an unexpected run to the quarters, and the rest has been history. However, I think Bohl and Wolford are very different coaches and, no offense, Wolford is not head coach material based on what I've seen. He's more of the ilk of a crazy special teams coach. He just seems too hot headed and emotional to be a good game day head coach.

i think if Youngstown was smart and they could stomach it, moving Mangino up to HC. He made magic at Kansas but his personality got him in a little trouble.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:25 PM
i think if Youngstown was smart and they could stomach it, moving Mangino up to HC. He made magic at Kansas but his personality got him in a little trouble.

Mangino looks like he could go into BWWs and stay there all day and not get full....xlolx

James Madison
November 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mickey Matthews at James Madison. He has missed the playoffs the last 2 seasons and had a losing record (3-5) in the CAA. The program didn't invest $62 million in a 25,000 seat stadium to have the team regress. He is going bye bye after 15 seasons and one national championship that can't cover for the recent decline.

T-Dog
November 24th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Craig Bohl should be fired if they win a National Championship. Expectations are way too high for him to succeed going forward.

bonarae
November 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Pete Mangurian, Columbia. He should've never been hired in the first place.

Buddy Teevens, Dartmouth, but he saved his job by posting two late "upsets".

David Archer is still learning the ropes of head coaching... xcoffeex

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Frank Tavani just earned himself a ten year extension in Lafayette world.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Pete Mangurian, Columbia. He should've never been hired in the first place.

David Archer is still learning the ropes of head coaching... xcoffeex

You read that NYT piece on CU football yesterday? So, the only reason they have a team is so that players can get hooked up with cushy jobs. Football is secondary,

Silenoz
November 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
According to Bobcat fans, pretty much everyone (depending on who you ask)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mangino looks like he could go into BWWs and stay there all day and not get full....xlolx

There is only one in town. I'll ask the next time I'm in.

Samalum'10
November 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Harper at SFA should be gone but their fans are convinced he has some negatives in his desk drawer.
Maybe they can replace Harper with Mike Collins. Hell, I'll hand deliver him myself.

smallcollegefbfan
November 24th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Craig Bohl should be fired if they win a National Championship. Expectations are way too high for him to succeed going forward.

Expectations had nothing to do with Jerry Moore being let go. He was vocal against the FBS move, had turmoil with his assistants, and they were taking in some players like Sean Price. Lots of other things had to do with it. I don't care how successful you are. If you completely go against the person who writes your paychecks you will be let go, and should be. Now, if he had been winning a couple playoff games a year and wasn't declining in terms of play on the field I think he would have stayed longer but his downward trend and being so vocal against FBS are what led to him being gone.

Squealofthepig
November 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM

What's your take on Ash?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2013, 06:51 PM

It would not shock me if Ash explored some options. Not saying he'll leave but he might see what's available to him. I get the feeling his misses the Midwest.

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM
they were taking in some players like Sean Price.

Not sure I follow this.

I don't know what Sean Price's grades were like in high school or know if he had a record as a juvenile... but, I'm not sure how taking in Sean Price can be held against Jerry Moore.

There are very, very few coaches or programs that have never had to dismiss a player due to disciplinary violations. Sometimes there were signs in high school that the play was a bad apple, but oftentimes there aren't. A lot of kids change a great deal after they leave home. If you hold that against Jerry, there are very few coaches you'd approve of.

How he handled the suspension in 2012 is a legit gripe, but recruiting him isn't, imo.

Grizzlies82
November 24th, 2013, 07:45 PM
If North Dakota State wins their third championship this year, coach Bohl will be gone before February is over.
Yea, I know he just signed an extension... Still if they win, he'll be gone and the school will be paid the buyout for him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
If North Dakota State wins their third championship this year, coach Bohl will be gone before February is over.
Yea, I know he just signed an extension... Still if they win, he'll be gone and the school will be paid the buyout for him.

Doubt it.

Age.

His wife has a good job in Fargo and his son plays FB for Moorhead State. He will not leave for any FBS school. Nebraska is out...too much 'bad history' there. Upper Big 10 or 12 team and not many come up every year...if any.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM

Keep dreaming.

the following is from a New York Times article about him a couple weeks ago.

Bohl, who married a Fargo radio personality in 2010, will discuss only the job he has. He said he has enjoyed living in a small city where he can leave his Chevy Tahoe unlocked.
“I understand that when you’re a young coach, you want to find what the big time is like,” Bohl said. “For me, I’ve had the good fortune to coach in two Fiesta Bowls, a Rose Bowl, two Orange Bowls, all the different major bowls, games, playing for national championships.
“When you find a place that fits your value system, the allure of ‘what the big time is’ is not such a big hook. That, for me, has dissipated.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/sports/ncaafootball/winning-with-panache-at-north-dakota-state.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
If I were Elon, moving forward in the CAA I would definitely fire their coach.

The dude sucks. They've regressed. They lost so many games this year that were certainly winnable, but it came to playcalling and decisions and it just didn't materialize:

Samford, Wofford, NC a&t, laying a ginormous egg against Georgia Tech, heck even the chattanooga game was winnable (they went for field goals instead of touchdowns it would seem). Not to mention they lost to western, and I recognize western is on the upswing but with that said you can't say Elon is not under-performing.

They'll have a new conference which means a new identity, and they should fire their coach.

longtimemocfan
November 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I don't think Huesman will be fired, nor do I think he should, but if your a Chatt fan, this has to be one of the most disappointing ending to a season in a long, long time. When the season started, it looked like everything was set up for them to make the playoffs, weak conference, both App/GS ineligible, and maybe the best overall combination of pure talent and experience in the SC. I love the way Huesman has improved recruiting and brought in some first rate talent, but if your the AD I don't think it would be such a bad thing to call him into your office Monday morning, and explain how disappointed you are, and next year he has no excuses for not making the playoff, get it done or find another job.

Their is a lot of disappointment with the way the season ended. I think had we been healthier in the end it would have made a lot of things easier. We are a very beat up football team right now. Even if we had gotten in the playoffs we were looking at Jacob Huesman being 80 % at best. As well 3 Starting LB's, RB and LT maybe out for the game. I think his job is very safe. He does need to clean up some intangibles, handling of players before the UT-Martin game and some bone head coaching in the Samford game.

Mr. C
November 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Expectations had nothing to do with Jerry Moore being let go. He was vocal against the FBS move, had turmoil with his assistants, and they were taking in some players like Sean Price. Lots of other things had to do with it. I don't care how successful you are. If you completely go against the person who writes your paychecks you will be let go, and should be. Now, if he had been winning a couple playoff games a year and wasn't declining in terms of play on the field I think he would have stayed longer but his downward trend and being so vocal against FBS are what led to him being gone.
A lot of good that move got you.

CPrice91
November 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I have no inside information behind it, but I heard Ash may be being looked at/looking into the Miami of Ohio head coaching job.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 24th, 2013, 08:34 PM
AD Eric Ziady, HC Dave Brick and DC Tim Weaver SHOULD be fired

but, keeping with the theme of the thread, none WILL be

Ziady seems fine, he's done a lot of good in terms of getting a clear marketing message for the program out. More needs to be done of course, but it takes time to develop a strong brand on program if the marketing has been neglected for as long as it's been.

Brock has done a lot of good things, I like him. Our offense was certainly more exciting this year, and our injuries were down, so whatever improvements he made in strength and conditioning helped. He had a better first year than KC and improved over last year. Next year is playoffs or bust though.

Weaver, well, I'm with you there, this year's defense was severely lacking. If we have a repeat of that next year I'll not only be calling for Weaver's head, but for Brock's as well for not running him out of town.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I have no inside information behind it, but I heard Ash may be being looked at/looking into the Miami of Ohio head coaching job.

Would not surprise me. I don't think his wife likes Bozeman all that much.

frozennorth
November 24th, 2013, 08:57 PM
before you say bohl is gone, you have to figure you who is going to hire him. Unless UNL opens up, I think he is back next year.

CFBfan
November 25th, 2013, 06:25 AM

ha! yes, i thought the same thing....Carney how do you feel about that?! ALSO: what about Gilmore @ Holy Cross, he's NOT a good coach!! He had another very bad season capped off with a loss at home to GU!!! WHY would Cross keep him??

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2013, 06:36 AM
ha! yes, i thought the same thing....Carney how do you feel about that?! ALSO: what about Gilmore @ Holy Cross, he's NOT a good coach!! He had another very bad season capped off with a loss at home to GU!!! WHY would Cross keep him??

Since 2010, Georgetown has won just nine PL games, but it is 3-1 vs. Holy Cross.

Catatonic
November 25th, 2013, 06:42 AM
No chance ACU's coach will be gone. He has won .590 percent of games over two seasons. Not bad enough to fire him. Not good enough for anyone else to hire him.

Go Green
November 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM

xcoffeex

The guess here is that Dartmouth gets that elusive 18th Ivy title in 2014. xthumbsupx

Go Green
November 25th, 2013, 07:19 AM
So, the only reason they have a team is so that players can get hooked up with cushy jobs,

That... and... you know... having a football team is kind of a requisite for membership in the Ivy League.

fc97
November 25th, 2013, 07:43 AM
If I were Elon, moving forward in the CAA I would definitely fire their coach.

The dude sucks. They've regressed. They lost so many games this year that were certainly winnable, but it came to playcalling and decisions and it just didn't materialize:

Samford, Wofford, NC a&t, laying a ginormous egg against Georgia Tech, heck even the chattanooga game was winnable (they went for field goals instead of touchdowns it would seem). Not to mention they lost to western, and I recognize western is on the upswing but with that said you can't say Elon is not under-performing.

They'll have a new conference which means a new identity, and they should fire their coach.

so many of us feel that way. and attendance has dropped badly. we have a problem houston, they gave swepson a 5 year contract from what reports say. he has a three year review and buyout. but the newspaper today says he's staying.

bad for the problem next year, especially when the worst two caa schools from this year are not on the schedule for us next year.

RabidRabbit
November 25th, 2013, 07:53 AM

His comments following the SDSU thrashing, in the snow, was just as bad. He acknowledged that SDSU just pwned the Guins at the line on both sides. I didn't watch the NDSU comments, but would expect similar comments after that game. YSU is lightyears behind xDSU's on line play. If he's not recruiting or conditioning that, the xDSU's, along with UNI, USD, MoSt, and virtually every team in the MVFC will continue to dominate YSU.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM

That's funny considering wstern Ohio is the alternative if the rumor is accurate. To each their own I guess but IMO anyone who prefers Miami, OH to Bozeman, MT is cooky. Maybe he just said he was talking to Miami and left the Ohio part out. xlolx

His comments following the SDSU thrashing, in the snow, was just as bad. He acknowledged that SDSU just pwned the Guins at the line on both sides. I didn't watch the NDSU comments, but would expect similar comments after that game. YSU is lightyears behind xDSU's on line play. If he's not recruiting or conditioning that, the xDSU's, along with UNI, USD, MoSt, and virtually every team in the MVFC will continue to dominate YSU.
Doesn't surprise me. His comments during and after the NDSU weren't so much about not giving credit as it was of him accusing NDSU players of being cheap shot artists when he was called for as many personal fouls as the entire Bison team that game (one each). I think he's a good recruiter but he's a bad game day coach. He's seems too emotional to be able to make the right decisions in the heat of the moment.

Sir William
November 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM
so many of us feel that way. and attendance has dropped badly. we have a problem houston, they gave swepson a 5 year contract from what reports say. he has a three year review and buyout. but the newspaper today says he's staying.

bad for the problem next year, especially when the worst two caa schools from this year are not on the schedule for us next year.

You folks may want to take a look at Lenoir-Rhyne's head coach Mike Houston. He has turned a perennial doormat into a conference champion and a legit national title contender. I realize L-R is D2, but Houston looks like the real deal, and L-R is a lot like Elon at a different level.

Of course, Butch Davis is also available. xsmiley_wix

furpal87
November 25th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I guess part of this is also speculating where other jobs may come open. UConn, Miami are open. Not sure who else is. You sometimes have to put the dominoes together on who may leave for greener pastures. Connecting Montana St and Miami i guess makes sense. I know in the ACC, Virginia is the only team who is mentioned in making a change , unless Grobe or Beamer suddenly retire. That's my area, any other FBS openings that could snatch up a FCS coach do you see?

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
You read that NYT piece on CU football yesterday? So, the only reason they have a team is so that players can get hooked up with cushy jobs. Football is secondary,

I did! Well, if it works as it seemingly does I cant criticize the motivations if it keeps Columbia in football.

Sycamore62
November 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Im not saying Bohl is likely to leave but ive never seen a coach say anything but they were staying. Im surprised no coach has ever held a dual press conference where they said they were staying and also signing a deal for their new team.

TheRevSFA
November 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Harper is fired. I'm ecstatic

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 12:20 PM

USD will have similar line play to the xDSU's after a shortwhile, and MoSU seemed to have a good line this year.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Im not saying Bohl is likely to leave but ive never seen a coach say anything but they were staying. Im surprised no coach has ever held a dual press conference where they said they were staying and also signing a deal for their new team.

Bohl has already coached in BCS titles. Most coaches are constantly on a move up to something entirely new, he has been there and done that it will take an outstanding offer to move him and make him absorb the risk. Fledgling FBS programs won't have that kind of cash. Something like HC at Iowa/UNL/Texas/T A&M would probably get him to move, I don't know what else would, and those schools are likely to only take coaches from fledgling FBS programs.

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Mark Speir should be letting some assistants go as of tomorrow. Should being the key word.

Brad Glenn? Sorry we had to do y'all like that, but now you understand and can pawn him off on someone else.

Nickels
November 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Harper is gone. He just txted his players a good bye. Official at 2 30.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
A lot of good that move got you.

So salty...xlolx

jmrepak
November 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
At one point there were rumors floating that Moglia was getting some looks from CCU. He brings a lot to the table in terms of what he's been able to do on and off the field. On the field he's had great success and off the field he assisted in securing a $5 mil donation from TD Bank for field turf and other things.

They were rumors but it wouldn't surprise me. I do believe that he deserves some interest, but will likely be passed over for someone less risky. He's only been back in college FB for 2 seasons as a head coach and I don't think big programs will be willing to take the leap yet. Especially after the SCar game even though he did the right thing and pulled the starters once the game was out of hand to protect them for the playoffs (I'm not saying that we would have won by any means, but you would probably have seen a final score with 24-28 for us to their 50-60 if our starters play their 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 2nd half).

I'm hoping we can keep him around at least 2 more years before he takes any leap, but you never know.

GoCats23
November 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM

I don't think we would be happy to see him go, but not necessarily sad to see him go either. He's done so freaking much for us, but he seems to have hit his plateau. I 100% want to see our DC gone. I want to see us keep coach McEndoo and Cramsey as our OC, we've have 6 in the last 5 years so keeping that consistent would be good for us.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
I don't think we would be happy to see him go, but not necessarily sad to see him go either. He's done so freaking much for us, but he seems to have hit his plateau. I 100% want to see our DC gone. I want to see us keep coach McEndoo and Cramsey as our OC, we've have 6 in the last 5 years so keeping that consistent would be good for us.

Is Ash really one of the finalists for the Miami (Oh) job? Based on some surfing it appears he is...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Is Ash really one of the finalists for the Miami (Oh) job? Based on some surfing it appears he is...

I read that they were willing to take the hit to let Tressel back into coaching. True story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM
I read that they were willing to take the hit to let Tressel back into coaching. True story.

EWU's Beau Baldwin seems to be the other serious candidate.

CPrice91
December 2nd, 2013, 09:06 PM

From where? Forums? Yeah if you believe the guy on the Miami forum Ash and either Baldwin (not sure how he makes sense though) or Burton are finalists. Although Sarkisian leaving to USC could be creating a huge domino effect of coaching moves, so who knows.

As far as actual knowledge, any people that know something reliable are either being quiet or leaking things out as gossip. So take anything with a grain of salt until there's something official.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
From where? Forums? Yeah if you believe the guy on the Miami forum Ash and either Baldwin (not sure how he makes sense though) or Burton are finalists. Although Sarkisian leaving to USC could be creating a huge domino effect of coaching moves, so who knows.

As far as actual knowledge, any people that know something reliable are either being quiet or leaking things out as gossip. So take anything with a grain of salt until there's something official.

I believe there's some truth to this. I know for a fact that Ash's heart is in the Midwest. He skipped his weekly TV/Radio show for what appears to an interview.

Rumors are just rumors, but then there's ones that make sense when you think about it. I'll back in MT on Thursday. If Ash's name is deleted from our membership list I'll know somethings up..

CPrice91
December 2nd, 2013, 09:13 PM
If there is truth in it, I'm trying to wrap my head around why they're looking at Pacific Northwest guys. Pacific to the Ohio makes no sense to me. xlolx

Ash would be a perfect fit imo, I wouldn't be shocked.

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2013, 09:24 PM

The rest of the coaches in the league should get canned for letting a team with a losing record win the Patriot AQ.
xlolx

frozennorth
December 2nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
That's funny considering wstern Ohio is the alternative if the rumor is accurate. To each their own I guess but IMO anyone who prefers Miami, OH to Bozeman, MT is cooky. Maybe he just said he was talking to Miami and left the Ohio part out.

Miami has a spectacular campus. Its a mile better than any other I've been on, including ndsu, und and montana. Also its the craddle of coaches.

JayJ79
December 2nd, 2013, 09:38 PM
The rest of the coaches in the league should get canned for letting a team with a losing record win the Patriot AQ.
xlolx

If NDSU had gotten the "Fordham treatment" (not eligible for AQ, games against them don't count towards conference standings), then the MVFC AQ would have gone to a team with a losing record (Missouri State)

Patriarch
December 2nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Not fired but Babers at EIU is definitely gone. UConn, Hawaii (His alma mater), Kansas, Iowa State, UNLV and Kansas beating his door down!

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Quite a bit of speculation that Cosgrove will resign after the season to take over the open Maine AD job..

CPrice91
December 2nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
Not fired but Babers at EIU is definitely gone. UConn, Hawaii (His alma mater), Kansas, Iowa State, UNLV and Kansas beating his door down!

Hauck's going somewhere? Thought he just got an extension?

Patriarch
December 2nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Hauck's going somewhere? Thought he just got an extension?

He did sign a 3 year extension so that does remove UNLV...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM

One would think a MAC opening would be a good fit for a coach from EIU.

I saw Beckman will return at Illinois. I was surprised by that...

CPrice91
December 3rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Looks like Ash and Baldwin/Burton aren't going anywhere. Or least not to Miami OH:

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Chuck-Martin-accepts-Miami-OH-head-coaching-job

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Looks like Ash and Baldwin/Burton aren't going anywhere. Or least not to Miami OH:

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Chuck-Martin-accepts-Miami-OH-head-coaching-job

Could the U of Washington's head coaching vacancy provide an opportunity for Baldwin, even as an assistant?

furpal87
December 3rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Would Ayers be a good fit at Wake?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM

No one will hire a 65 year old first time HC for a FBS program.

Red & Black
December 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Could the U of Washington's head coaching vacancy provide an opportunity for Baldwin, even as an assistant?

Completely possible, although highly unlikely, IMO.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Completely possible, although highly unlikely, IMO.

He's just really young, a Washington guy and EWU is on the radar, etc. It seems like a likely move some time

Red & Black
December 3rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
He's just really young, a Washington guy and EWU is on the radar, etc. It seems like a likely move some time

Oh, I'm not saying he won't ever leave. He's a desirable coach. At the same time, he's a pretty grounded guy. I've read a lot of speculation about him going to various jobs since 2010, and the consistent theme in most of it is that he has bigger plans for EWU. I think he's pretty invested, and has a President and AD behind him that are equally invested. If we can get the Gateway done in the next 5 years or so, I think that'd be enough to keep him around as sort of a "legacy" type guy.

All that said, I could see him leaving at some point, but it'd have to be the right job. To me, that means A) A HC job, B) one on the West Coast (his recruiting base), and C) one that'd be worth assuming the risk of abandoning everything that he's built at EWU. Taking a job and trying to rebuild a program at some place like Miami of Ohio is a huge risk in the grand scheme of things when you consider that he has a stable base where he's at coaching a program with a lot of upside to it.

Daved
December 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
i think if Youngstown was smart and they could stomach it, moving Mangino up to HC. He made magic at Kansas but his personality got him in a little trouble.It scares me to agree with somebody I could never imagine agreeing withxconfusedx

CPrice91
December 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
All that said, I could see him leaving at some point, but it'd have to be the right job. To me, that means A) A HC job, B) one on the West Coast (his recruiting base), and C) one that'd be worth assuming the risk of abandoning everything that he's built at EWU. Taking a job and trying to rebuild a program at some place like Miami of Ohio is a huge risk in the grand scheme of things when you consider that he has a stable base where he's at coaching a program with a lot of upside to it.

Peterson to UW, Baldwin to Boise? xchinscratchx

Red & Black
December 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Peterson to UW, Baldwin to Boise? xchinscratchx

Ha...completely possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I-AA Fan
December 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Doubt it.

Age.

His wife has a good job in Fargo and his son plays FB for Moorhead State. He will not leave for any FBS school. Nebraska is out...too much 'bad history' there. Upper Big 10 or 12 team and not many come up every year...if any.

He is not going to anywhere, the team will go first; but if he does ...it will not be to an "upper big 10" team. Please, no disrespect. Look at Jerry Kill. Every bit Bohl's equal as a coach ...certainly a better game day coach & he had to perform miracles at SIU (I-AA) and NIU (IA) before he was even looked at by Minnesota. Not everyone is Jim Tressel ...certainly not Bohl.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
He is not going to anywhere, the team will go first; but if he does ...it will not be to an "upper big 10" team. Please, no disrespect. Look at Jerry Kill. Every bit Bohl's equal as a coach ...certainly a better game day coach & he had to perform miracles at SIU (I-AA) and NIU (IA) before he was even looked at by Minnesota. Not everyone is Jim Tressel ...certainly not Bohl.

Disparage all you want. Bohl is the best, period. He's outcoached all of them, including Kill. Ask Bill Snyder how good he is.

He won't go though. He's one of us now.

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM

Bob Heffner then?

Sycamore62
December 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM

I think he has to replace a bunch of his staff. Has this ever worked in the mid to long run? I cant think of a place it did

citdog
December 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM

Would be the smartest move Wake Forest has made in a while.

CID1990
December 5th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Ayers will retire at Wofford.

The Ville
December 5th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I think Washington should seriously look at EWU's Baldwin and if Boise loses Peterson to someone, Boise should call EWU too.

Red & Black
December 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I think Washington should seriously look at EWU's Baldwin and if Boise loses Peterson to someone, Boise should call EWU too.

No!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

CPrice91
December 6th, 2013, 05:20 AM

There's almost no chance UW looks at Baldwin for a HC job. Boise, however (since UW is looking at Petersen), that wouldn't shock me at all...

Although I bet in the end they take Nussmeier, Petersen stays at Boise, and Eastern gets to keep Baldwin for a couple more years.

CPrice91
December 6th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Although I bet in the end they take Nussmeier, Petersen stays at Boise, and Eastern gets to keep Baldwin for a couple more years.

Scratch that, apparently Petersen is headed to UW:

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/12/6/5181118/chris-petersen-washington-uw-bsu-coach

Let the Baldwin to Boise speculation officially begin!