PDA

View Full Version : Biggest travesty in this year's bracket?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
So many to choose from.

IBleedYellow
November 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
No Lehigh.

Duh.

Darlinikki150
November 24th, 2013, 12:51 PM
So many to choose from.

Not nit picking, but how is it a travesty to have a cupcake walk into the semis? Other teams should be better, it isn't our fault we curb stomp everyone lol

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 12:51 PM
6 win SHSU without a doubt

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I think Griz-NDSU will happen and it will be a heck of a game. Mark it down.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
It's either 6 win SHSU or SCST, IMO. I'm not sure why Jacksonville State isn't a little bit more closely scrutinized, too. Not sure what they've done that puts them above SCST? I guess beat UTM?

Re:UNH getting a home game, UNH was either going to be matched up with Sacred Heart of Lafayette. They bid more than Lafayette, somewhat surprisingly, and thus got a home game. Is that surprising? I'm assumptive you have a smidgen of an idea of how regionalization works, after all.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I was going to put up there "Three OVC teams vs. Two MVFC teams", but I ran out of room.

Also you could call that "YSU not included".

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I think Griz-NDSU will happen and it will be a heck of a game. Mark it down.

It would be an upset if the Griz scored any points in that game. Mark it down.

Libertine
November 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I picked one at random because it doesn't matter but my choice would have been None of the Above. Biggest joke is two teams from the SoCon this year.

marenlee
November 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I know this is just a fan poll, but I don't get the last option. Not being a homer, but isn't the point of being the #1 seed getting the easiest path?

gumby013
November 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
None of the home games are a travesty. Just means they bid more.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I picked one at random because it doesn't matter but my choice would have been None of the Above. Biggest joke is two teams from the SoCon this year.

Again, vBulletin only allows 10 selections. I'm pretty sure I could have come up with 5 or 6 more.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
None of the home games are a travesty. Just means they bid more.

Gee, that puts another interesting thought about the PFL's "surprise announcement" that Butler won the autobid.... that would give them extra time to cobble together a bid. Had the tiebreaker happened after Saturday, there may not have been a bid.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Lehigh Football Nation, seldom am I as outraged as I am today about any playoff team. The committee reeks of I scratch your back and you scratch mine. Of course the terrible NCAA SRS does not help one bit. It is probably the worst poll I've seen ever. Even a 2nd year math sophomore could come up with something more functional.

Eastern Ill.
(11-1)

North Dakota St.
(11-0)

Eastern Wash.
(10-2)

Southeastern La.
(10-2)

McNeese St.
(10-2)

Fordham
(11-1)

Coastal Caro.
(10-2)

Montana
(10-2)

Towson
(10-2)

Maine
(10-2)

Northern Ariz.
(9-2)

Jacksonville St.
(9-3)

Bethune-Cookman
(10-2)

Harvard
(9-1)

Tennessee St.
(9-3)

Charleston So.
(10-3)

South Dakota St.
(8-4)

South Carolina St.
(9-3)

Princeton
(8-2)

Sacred Heart
(10-2)

Southern Utah
(8-4)

Tenn.-Martin
(7-5)

Sam Houston St.
(8-4)

Youngstown St.
(8-4)

Samford
(8-4)

Chattanooga
(8-4)

Old Dominion
(8-4)

Lehigh
(8-3)

New Hampshire
(7-4)

Central Ark.
(7-5)

UNI
(7-5)

Southern Ill.
(7-5)

Furman
(7-5)

Villanova
(6-5)

William & Mary
(7-5)

San Diego
(8-3)

Liberty
(8-4)

Montana St.
(7-5)

Jackson St.
(7-3)

Murray St.
(6-6)

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
No Lehigh.

Duh.

The correct answer is, "Lehigh was not seeded with a home game."

That's why I voted for New Hampshire having a home game. That game should have been at Lehigh, of course - and everyone knows it.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM
The correct answer is, "Lehigh was not seeded with a home game."

I'm sorry, did I miss this on the ten selections I posted?

TennBison
November 24th, 2013, 01:52 PM
How about the biggest joke being that Lafayette was able to get in with a losing record of 5-6.

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
How about the biggest joke being that Lafayette was able to get in with a losing record of 5-6.
Autobid...

Could have happened in the MVFC this year as well with MSU

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM

The team that's 14th in scoring offense?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 02:03 PM

Against the team that's #1 in scoring defense having held 7 out of 11 teams to their season low and 3 shutouts?

maybe.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM

Be grateful. At one point a couple weeks ago, there was a real possibility that we would have made it at 4-7.

TigerFen
November 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Sam Houston State in the playoffs is the biggest Travesty this year. They got in with Two Division II wins. I think they get blown out by the biggest margin next week. I'm also surprised that Maine got a five seed after losing the game yesterday.

Bogus Megapardus
November 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry, did I miss this on the ten selections I posted?

Apparently so.

You and I both know that Team Toxicity wasn't chosen because, who would have showed up in the Bronx next year if it was going to be #151? Couldn't even let that be remotely possible.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Inclusion of UNH. Rewarded for win over fading Maine team and the 11 game schedule. Not only that, they get the easiest draw to the quarterfinals, hands-down. xholyx

TennBison
November 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Autobid...

Could have happened in the MVFC this year as well with MSU
Autobid or not, any team making it to any playoff system with a losing record is ridiculous.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM

And this ridiculous statement is based on...what, exactly?

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Inclusion of UNH. Rewarded for win over fading Maine team and the 11 game schedule. Not only that, they get the easiest draw to the quarterfinals, hands-down. xholyx

Geez a tad bitter this morning? Next year don't lose your final two games of the season. xnodx

UNH: 10 consecutive playoff appearances and counting........:D

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Geez a tad bitter this morning? Next year don't lose your final two games of the season. xnodx

UNH: 10 consecutive playoff appearances and counting........:D

Anything I said untrue? W&M had their chance and couldn't get it done against UR. I feel that UNH, as are several other teams in the field, undeserving of their spot. Feel differently?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 02:42 PM
And this ridiculous statement is based on...what, exactly?

maybe not 0 but probably 14-17 at most.

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Anything I said untrue? W&M had their chance and couldn't get it done against UR. I feel that UNH, as are several other teams in the field, undeserving of their spot. Feel differently?

Yes fell absolutely differently and I would think you would find yourself in a 'huge' minority on this board with your opinion. UNH won their way in and Maine is not a crap team, sorry.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM

I don't think we are undeserving, went 6-2 in CAA, beat the champ, lost to towson who is a seed, kicked ourselves in the nuts vs cmu to lose the fbs game. Lost to you guys in a game without RJ and both our qb's banged up, still you beat us fair and square, and that loss to lehigh which is still a higher ranked team, with their starting qb we wouldnt be playing lafayette most likely. Not saying we are the most qualified team to make a deep playoff run but there are other teams that are in that are significantly less deserving than us like you said. after you think of teams to replace scsu shsu jsu who can you come up with that is more deserving than us?

tribefan40
Yes fell absolutely differently and I would think you would find yourself in a 'huge' minority on this board with your opinion. UNH won their way in and Maine is not a crap team, sorry.

Never said they were a crap team but to feel that they are as strong now as they were earlier in the season is ridiculous. Also not too concerned about being in the minority. Only reasons I see for UNH's inclusion are win over fading Maine team and only having 4 losses as opposed to 5. Am I missing something?

CPrice91

Against a Big Sky Conference that has been downright atrocious on defense this year.

Kind of like an Oregon going from putting 50 on the Pac 12 to 19 on Auburn (although NDSU is more like an Alabama, FCS-wise...).

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Never said they were a crap team but to feel that they are as strong now as they were earlier in the season is ridiculous. Also not too concerned about being in the minority. Only reasons I see for UNH's inclusion are win over fading Maine team and only having 4 losses as opposed to 5. Am I missing something?

Yup you are missing something come to think of it:

UNH 6-2 in conference, W&M 4-4

UNH 3rd in the conference, W&M 6th

Am 'I' missing something?

Maine beat Rhody 41-0 (their 7th in a row) the week before, doesn't sound like a fading team to me.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I don't think we are undeserving, went 6-2 in CAA, beat the champ, lost to towson who is a seed, kicked ourselves in the nuts vs cmu to lose the fbs game. Lost to you guys in a game without RJ and both our qb's banged up, still you beat us fair and square, and that loss to lehigh which is still a higher ranked team, with their starting qb we wouldnt be playing lafayette most likely. Not saying we are the most qualified team to make a deep playoff run but there are other teams that are in that are significantly less deserving than us like you said. after you think of teams to replace scsu shsu jsu who can you come up with that is more deserving than us?

I'm good with JSU. I would have looked at YSU, UNI and Chatty before UNH.

TribeNomad
November 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I do not have a problem with UNH getting in. They got it done when it was needed. Like every year there are some "surprises". I think conferences that have a history of very poor performance should not be highly considered, but we all know how the world works, and how decisions are not always based on objective results.

W&M did not deserve to get in, we lost both of our final games. Against Towson we lost two of our three main receivers, which hurt an already anemic offense. Our defense has been worn out this year, as they are on the field too much.

If the coaches cannot fix the offense for next year we may see a similar pattern.

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 03:08 PM
maybe not 0 but probably 14-17 at most.

Well if that game happens, I think turnover margin could be a huge factor. Montana is +18 on the season and NDSU is -1. If the Griz can force a couple and capitalize it'll make things interesting.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 03:08 PM

.... so looking at SCSU and SHSU to be replaced with YSU and Chatty( I would agree with), yes UNI is a good football team but 7-5 including losses to a 4-8 south dakota team and a 5-6 ISU team. I know they beat an fbs team and mcneese but UNI is extremely banged up, if they were healthy they would be in the playoffs but at the teams current state i don't think they can just take out UNH for a spot.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Yup you are missing something come to think of it:

UNH 6-2 in conference, W&M 4-4

UNH 3rd in the conference, W&M 6th

Am 'I' missing something?

Maine beat Rhody 41-0 (their 7th in a row) the week before, doesn't sound like a fading team to me.

Did I say W&M should be in? Pretty sure I said the opposite. Not impresssed with your conference slate including SB and Albany. Really? Big win over 3-9 URI is your argument for dominance? Yeah, I'm mssing something.

Since you're so focused on W&M v. UNH how about this stat? 3-14. Or the more pertinent: 17-0.

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM

Chatty should be in over SHSU absolutely. UNI? Great team bad win loss record, you have to win in your conference to get into the playoffs at 3-5 they didn't so they should not be in.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
.... so looking at SCSU and SHSU to be replaced with YSU and Chatty( I would agree with), yes UNI is a good football team but 7-5 including losses to a 4-8 south dakota team and a 5-6 ISU team. I know they beat an fbs team and mcneese but UNI is extremely banged up, if they were healthy they would be in the playoffs but at the teams current state i don't think they can just take out UNH for a spot.

I'd say there's argument to be made for UNI being the better team, but at this point UNI/UNH would be essentially a coinflip.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Chatty should be in over SHSU absolutely. UNI? Great team bad win loss record, you have to win in your conference to get into the playoffs at 3-5 they didn't so they should not be in.
UNI would beat UNH with 15+ 1st string players out.

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Did I say W&M should be in? Pretty sure I said the opposite. Not impresssed with your conference slate including SB and Albany. Really? Big win over 3-9 URI is your argument for dominance? Yeah, I'm mssing something.

Since you're so focused on W&M v. UNH how about this stat? 3-14. Or the more pertinent: 17-0.

I have a ton of respect for the W&M program, they have owned UNH football mostly because Laycock has outcoached McDonnell and Bowes over the years. I have zero respect for you, you are just bitter. End of story. If you like I can send you the link for the UNH playoff game next week. xlolx

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I do not have a problem with UNH getting in. They got it done when it was needed. Like every year there are some "surprises". I think conferences that have a history of very poor performance should not be highly considered, but we all know how the world works, and how decisions are not always based on objective results.

W&M did not deserve to get in, we lost both of our final games. Against Towson we lost two of our three main receivers, which hurt an already anemic offense. Our defense has been worn out this year, as they are on the field too much.

If the coaches cannot fix the offense for next year we may see a similar pattern.

+1. QB looks to be the key again next year with a strong returning core on both sides. If w&m can find consistency at that position, will be interesting to see what they can do.

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
UNI would beat UNH with 15+ 1st string players out.

I said "UNI, 'great' team, bad record." Read my post. What exactly did you hear McFly?

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I said "UNI, 'great' team, bad record." Read my post. What exactly did you hear McFly?
Don't agree, they have Big 12 and top 5 win. Show me where UNH has those? YSU, UNI are victims of politics between the conferences.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I have a ton of respect for the W&M program, they have owned UNH football mostly because Laycock has outcoached McDonnell and Bowes over the years. I have zero respect for you, you are just bitter. End of story. If you like I can send you the link for the UNH playoff game next week. xlolx

I will definitely be following the game, should be an interesting matchup as Lafayette's young QB looked quite good on saturday. I will not be surprised to see UNH win, nor will it surprise me if the wildcats win the following week. Still not impressed with their selection to the field.

Your withholding of your respect will no doubt haunt me for some time. Not bitter, but certainly disappointed in the Tribe's end to the season.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM

By bad record you mean same number of D1 wins as UNH and more impressive wins including B12 and McNeese?

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Those losses though, SD and ISU. And we did beat a top 5 in Maine.. But yes I agree you are bitter as hell. UNI in its banged up state would not beat unh by 15 btw.

dwtime
November 24th, 2013, 04:16 PM
By bad record you mean same number of D1 wins as UNH and more impressive wins including B12 and McNeese?

When you're conference record is 3-5, that is a bad record all day every day in any football league.

That said I'm pretty sure we can say we agree to disagree Tribefan. I still like W&M, great defense. What was your take on Saturdays loss to Richmond? I was surprised they got 31 on your D.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Has there ever been official word on the SHSU situation WRT Houston Baptist and UIW? I was under the impression that they were both considered D1 wins this year because they're transitional teams joining the Southland next year.

Texas
November 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM
So many tears in this thread. They are delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

TexasTerror
November 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Sam Houston State in the playoffs is the biggest Travesty this year. They got in with Two Division II wins. I think they get blown out by the biggest margin next week. I'm also surprised that Maine got a five seed after losing the game yesterday.

Biggest travesty for many weeks is uneducated fans saying that SHSU got two Division II wins or that Houston Baptist was a Division I win.

For the record, Sam Houston State had one Division II win (Incarnate Word) and one win over a non-classified team (Houston Baptist). HBU is Division I in all sports and just launched football this year.

TexasTerror
November 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Has there ever been official word on the SHSU situation WRT Houston Baptist and UIW? I was under the impression that they were both considered D1 wins this year because they're transitional teams joining the Southland next year.

Once more...

HBU is non classified. HBU is Div I win across all other sports.

UIW is a transitional program, so it counts as Div I towards scheduling BUT not for purposes of 'win' or RPI. Same case for other sports. Counts towards Div I scheduling mandate, but not the rest.

tribefan40
November 24th, 2013, 05:28 PM
When you're conference record is 3-5, that is a bad record all day every day in any football league.

That said I'm pretty sure we can say we agree to disagree Tribefan. I still like W&M, great defense. What was your take on Saturdays loss to Richmond? I was surprised they got 31 on your D.

I was honestly surprised, but that Towson game was epic, and certainly took a physical an emotional toll on the team. Rivalry games are almost always a toss up, and Richmond came to play. Very impressed with their oline and Strauss.

In all seriousness I'll be pulling for UNH to do well, will be surprised if you guys don't make the quarters.

TribeNomad
November 24th, 2013, 06:24 PM

The Towson game took a toll. It was a physical game, and sadly, like all season, the offense stalled in the zone. We kicked FG's, and while we were leading, I knew we could not win with FG 's. As the game wore on, the defense wore out, and the offense more of the same crap. It was a game where we had many chances to win, but did not. I think it mentally drained the team, and injuries to two wideouts, a DB and a DL did not help when we faced Richmond the next week.

Give Towson credit for a physical game, and for a coach that gambles and takes chances. They went for it on fourth a lot, and the fake FG set up the only second half TD.

The team did not recover from that game.

Give credit to Richmond, they wanted it bad, and their coach scouted and had his boys prepped. They will be very good next year.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Once more...

HBU is non classified. HBU is Div I win across all other sports.

UIW is a transitional program, so it counts as Div I towards scheduling BUT not for purposes of 'win' or RPI. Same case for other sports. Counts towards Div I scheduling mandate, but not the rest.
So in the end you are saying that you won 2 non-d1 and ended up in the playoffs. Look at the poll result, your team does not deserve to be there.

DJKyR0
November 24th, 2013, 06:37 PM
So many tears in this thread. They are delicious.

lol. Hope the Bearkats just make it to Fargo just so we can send you home for a third straight year. Unlikely, but I can hope.

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 06:53 PM
So in the end you are saying that you won 2 non-d1 and ended up in the playoffs. Look at the poll result, your team does not deserve to be there.

So they did exactly what almost every said...have 2 non counter games and finished at 6d1 wins...

The fact they are in its a sham

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
November 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM
With the amount of hate I'm surprised that people aren't freaking out about NDSU's " only10" D1 counter wins this year.

SHSU will fall to SELA in the second round and then people can stop complaining about them when they forget about them.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM
lol. Hope the Bearkats just make it to Fargo just so we can send you home for a third straight year. Unlikely, but I can hope.

Hopefully neither NDSU nor SHSU makes it to Fargo this year. There needs to be some new blood in the title game.

Sam_Kats
November 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
If it means that much to some of the cry babies on this site (mainly the UNI fan who can't seem to untangle the string between her legs), email or call the NCAA selection committee. If not, then STFU.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Hopefully neither NDSU nor SHSU makes it to Fargo this year. There needs to be some new blood in the title game.

I do believe you meant Frisco but we might as well rename it Fargo!

superman7515
November 24th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Autobid or not, any team making it to any playoff system with a losing record is ridiculous.

It happens every year in the NCAA.

DJKyR0
November 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM

No, there doesn't needto be. Ask local businesses in Frisco if they agree that some new blood is needed. You won't find many fanbases that travel as well as NDSU's over that distance and we've made the crowd look great the past two years. The FCS benefits from getting a dope looking title game on national TV. Markets that wouldn't consider bidding on the game instead see that there's fan interest and I wouldn't be surprised to see some interesting new locales in the next bidding cycle. You have to make it an attractive event, and if it's sparsely-attended (and there's no guarantee it won't be, especially with the game being in Texas) because two smaller schools make the game then that's only detrimental. If you're a fan of the FCS in general, NDSU making it is a great thing and you should be stoked a team with such a rabid fanbase is paying the bills and being celebrated as the posterchild for FCS football. If it's the matter of your team not making it....well, try and stop us on the field.

Strictly as a matter of business, ideally a team like NDSU or Montana makes it for their fanbase or SHSU for their proximity. If you want to mix it up purely for the sake of semantics then fine, but semantics aren't what gets games on ESPN.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2013, 08:13 PM
With the amount of hate I'm surprised that people aren't freaking out about NDSU's " only10" D1 counter wins this year.

SHSU will fall to SELA in the second round and then people can stop complaining about them when they forget about them.

In a game few will watch because its a rematch of a game from a few weeks ago.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 24th, 2013, 08:18 PM
No, there doesn't needto be. Ask local businesses in Frisco if they agree that some new blood is needed. You won't find many fanbases that travel as well as NDSU's over that distance and we've made the crowd look great the past two years. The FCS benefits from getting a dope looking title game on national TV. Markets that wouldn't consider bidding on the game instead see that there's fan interest and I wouldn't be surprised to see some interesting new locales in the next bidding cycle. You have to make it an attractive event, and if it's sparsely-attended (and there's no guarantee it won't be, especially with the game being in Texas) because two smaller schools make the game then that's only detrimental. If you're a fan of the FCS in general, NDSU making it is a great thing and you should be stoked a team with such a rabid fanbase is paying the bills and being celebrated as the posterchild for FCS football. If it's the matter of your team not making it....well, try and stop us on the field.

Strictly as a matter of business, ideally a team like NDSU or Montana makes it for their fanbase or SHSU for their proximity. If you want to mix it up purely for the sake of semantics then fine, but semantics aren't what gets games on ESPN.

The championship game will be on ESPN regardless of attendance, but I think plenty of schools would travel well. I'd rather see it back in Chattanooga, or at least in a football stadium instead of a soccer stadium, but Frisco seems to have done well enough.

Dynasties aren't good for long term fan interest outside of those programs though. A third NDSU vs SHSU game would be good for those schools, but bad for the rest of the FCS as fewer schools get that national exposure.

At the end of the day though it will be decided on the field as it should be. If NDSU and SHSU make it back it's because they'll earn it, if not, another team will earn their chance to shine.

DJKyR0
November 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
The championship game will be on ESPN regardless of attendance, but I think plenty of schools would travel well. I'd rather see it back in Chattanooga, or at least in a football stadium instead of a soccer stadium, but Frisco seems to have done well enough.

Dynasties aren't good for long term fan interest outside of those programs though. A third NDSU vs SHSU game would be good for those schools, but bad for the rest of the FCS as fewer schools get that national exposure.

At the end of the day though it will be decided on the field as it should be. If NDSU and SHSU make it back it's because they'll earn it, if not, another team will earn their chance to shine.

Meh, that's your opinion. Folks are still talking about the App State three-peat and I still have my doubts that a significant number of other teams could represent as well as NDSU can. Then again, having seen that first hand, maybe I'm a bit biased. In any event, a more competitive league will hinder NDSU's progression to the championship game, and ultimately that's the best publicity for the subdivision of all.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM

Did you go in 2010? That place is great. Wide open, plenty of travel options, lots of good restaurants.

Ask Maher Maso if he wants 'new blood'

BlueHenSinfonian
November 24th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Did you go in 2010? That place is great. Wide open, plenty of travel options, lots of good restaurants.

Ask Maher Maso if he wants 'new blood'

No, I couldn't get down due to work. Hopefully next year the Hens will be back in the playoffs and have the shot to head down there again so I can check it out for myself. Chattanooga did a great job with the game, and Tennessee in winter has great crisp football weather, but I'd give Texas a shot.

Ideally if they promote the game well though it should start selling out regardless of how well the fan bases travel - the locals can pick up the slack. The FBS bowl games sell more tickets to locals than to traveling fans, there's no reason that the FCS Championship shouldn't be able to draw a similar crowd.

clawman
November 24th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Against a Big Sky Conference that has been downright atrocious on defense this year.

Kind of like an Oregon going from putting 50 on the Pac 12 to 19 on Auburn (although NDSU is more like an Alabama, FCS-wise...).

Defense, whats defense

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM
No, I couldn't get down due to work. Hopefully next year the Hens will be back in the playoffs and have the shot to head down there again so I can check it out for myself. Chattanooga did a great job with the game, and Tennessee in winter has great crisp football weather, but I'd give Texas a shot.

Ideally if they promote the game well though it should start selling out regardless of how well the fan bases travel - the locals can pick up the slack. The FBS bowl games sell more tickets to locals than to traveling fans, there's no reason that the FCS Championship shouldn't be able to draw a similar crowd.

Frisco just got another contract. They were selling 3 year packages. Lots of NDSU fans gobbled them up.

Herder
November 24th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Seems like the selection committee stuck SDSU in a tough spot again in 2013, making them go on the road for round 1. It's like the committee said, OK we wont send you to NDSU again this year, but we are going to make it as tough as possible. If they didn't deserve a seed, they at least deserved a home game in round 1 with a 2nd round matchup aginst a 6/7 seed. They were playing really well at the end of the year, and losses were all to quality teams Nebraska, NDSU, S IL, and MO State (when MO St was playing well).

That's a hell of a resume, and I'm guessing the selection committee was closer to leaving them out of the playoffs than given them a seed. Clearly not your average 8-4 team. I'm surprised the selection committee didn't leave them out for a fifth Big Sky or another MEAC. Wasn't there anyone out east with 7 wins to replace SDSU's spot?

2nd place CAA Seed
2nd place BSC Seed
2nd place Southland Seed
2nd place MVFC Road in Round 1

What a joke of a bracket!

BlueHenSinfonian
November 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Seems like the selection committee stuck SDSU in a tough spot again in 2013, making them go on the road for round 1. It's like the committee said, OK we wont send you to NDSU again this year, but we are going to make it as tough as possible. If they didn't deserve a seed, they at least deserved a home game in round 1 with a 2nd round matchup aginst a 6/7 seed. They were playing really well at the end of the year, and losses were all to quality teams Nebraska, NDSU, S IL, and MO State (when MO St was playing well).

Other than seeds the hosts of games are determined by sealed bids that aren't opened until the field is decided. NAU just outbid SDSU for the game.

Herder
November 24th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Other than seeds the hosts of games are determined by sealed bids that aren't opened until the field is decided. NAU just outbid SDSU for the game.

Ya, you got me on the bidding for round 1, but I'd put SDSU resume up against three of the seeds . . . Montana, Maine, or McNeese.

Green26
November 24th, 2013, 10:52 PM
On the UM/NAU discussion, here's a good post by Oredigger from egriz, with a minor supplement at the end:

NAU was 9-2 and 2nd place Big Sky team and UM was 10-2 and 3rd in the Big Sky, and NAU beat UM earl in the season.....so a few more things to look at.

-- Both have 9 Div I one wins (we played one more game than they did, OK Panhandle State - so throw that one out)

-- Our common Big Sky opponents were: UC Davis (non-conference game for NAU, North Dakota (non-conference game for Griz), Montana State, Cal Poly, Sacramento State

-- Big Sky schools NAU played that we didn't were Southern Utah, Idaho State, Northern Colorado. These teams were combined 6-18 conference, 12-14 overall.

-- Big Sky schools UM played that NAU didn't were Eastern Washington, Portland State, Weber State. These teams were a combined 12-12 conference, 18-18 overall.

-- Non Conference games they played were a loss to Arizona, and two teams we played South Dakota & Cal Davis (conference game for us)

-- Non Conference games we played were a win over Appalachian State, and two teams we played South Dakota & North Dakota (conference game for NAU). Remember Panhandle State is not a Div 1 win, so throw it away.

-- For the 6 common opponents overall the Lumberjacks we're 5-1 vs them, and outscored them 154-140

-- For the 6 common opponents overall the Griz we're 6-0 vs them, and outscored those teams 228-127

So some observations on the above information....

1. The conference games that were independent of each other show a clear advantage to the Griz, whose opponents combined record was .500 vs a losing record for NAU's.

2. The have a loss to FBS Arizona, but we have a win over Appalachian State. Did Georgia Southern's big win of Florida this weekend have a trickle down affect here in rating systems like Sagarin? We beat ASU who beat GSU, who beat Florida.

3. Despite our close last minute wins, we still played much better against the common opponents winning all of ours, and outscoring them by 100 points (16.5 per game). They lose to Bobcats, and only outscore their opponents by 14 points (2.2 per game).

4. How much did not playing an extra game come into this? If they played another Div 1 school, and win, then I believe they get that seed.

5. All computer rankings/ratings and polls, including the GPI and SRS, had UM above NAU.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Ya, you got me on the bidding for round 1, but I'd put SDSU resume up against three of the seeds . . . Montana, Maine, or McNeese.

If they were only putting 2 teams from the MVC in they weren't seeding them both. Imo. Wasn't SDSU home vs EIU last year?

chattanoogamocs
November 24th, 2013, 11:14 PM

Even though Chattanooga was a choice...I picked this one too.

Of course, it's a double travesty for Moc fans because if SHSU would have been left out, Chattanooga would have more than likely been in.

I am biased, but I also think Chattanooga should have been in over SC State.

As for Butler hosting Tenn St, well...you gotta put in a bid to host...if you don't, you go on the road.

Sycamore62
November 24th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Even though Chattanooga was a choice...I picked this one too.

Of course, it's a double travesty for Moc fans because if SHSU would have been left out, Chattanooga would have more than likely been in.

I am biased, but I also think Chattanooga should have been in over SC State.

As for Butler hosting Tenn St, well...you gotta put in a bid to host...if you don't, you go on the road.

I would think Butler would have a lot of extra money laying around to bid with, plus they seem to have a very loyal following in a pretty big town.

ngineer
November 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Surprised LC didn't out bid UNH...assuming they submitted a bid.

Texas
November 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM
ITT
http://www.nag.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-baby-2.jpg

ysubigred
November 25th, 2013, 06:49 AM

That's why Auto bids need to go.. Let the respective conferences reward the winner. Should just take the best 16 teams period. This 24 team field is a joke :o

Before someone else says it... NO YSU should not be in the playoffs.. They couldn't even beat their own meat right now xlolx

Sammy94
November 25th, 2013, 08:06 AM
A third NDSU vs SHSU game would be good for those schools, but bad for the rest of the FCS as fewer schools get that national exposure.

If you look at the bracket, NDSU and SHSU would meet in the semis. There will be someone new in the Championship game. I wonder if (and that is a big if) this match up happens in Fargo that everyone will continue to think SHSU in the playoffs is such a travesty?

Texas
November 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM
That's why Auto bids need to go.. Let the respective conferences reward the winner. Should just take the best 16 teams period. This 24 team field is a joke :o

Before someone else says it... NO YSU should not be in the playoffs.. They couldn't even beat their own meat right now xlolx

16 best should have no problem shooting through extra 8 "bad" teams that made it in then.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I think one that is not getting as much traction as it should is the "NDSU Cupcake Walk to Semis".

On their side of the bracket the potential teams they play are:

* 2 MEAC teams (haven't won a postseason game in a long time)
* Furman (7-5 SoCon winner in down year, to say the least)
* Montana (9 D-I wins; 0-2 vs. teams in the playoffs; when was the last time they won a playoff game away from home?)
* Coastal Carolina (by far the best team of the bunch, but haven't ever advanced past the quarterfinals)

Meanwhile, Eastern Washington will be greeted with the winner of the South Dakota State/Northern Arizona first round game, a first-round contest more worthy of the quarterfinals or even the semis.

AmsterBison
November 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
16 best should have no problem shooting through extra 8 "bad" teams that made it in then.

Exactly.

That said, in 2010 NDSU was the last team in a 20-team field and managed to do OK (and that was a team with some glaring weaknesses.)

Hard to complain about an extra game when teams were lining up to play 12 this year.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I think one that is not getting as much traction as it should is the "NDSU Cupcake Walk to Semis".

On their side of the bracket the potential teams they play are:

* 2 MEAC teams (haven't won a postseason game in a long time)
* Furman (7-5 SoCon winner in down year, to say the least)
* Montana (9 D-I wins; 0-2 vs. teams in the playoffs; when was the last time they won a playoff game away from home?)
* Coastal Carolina (by far the best team of the bunch, but haven't ever advanced past the quarterfinals)

Meanwhile, Eastern Washington will be greeted with the winner of the South Dakota State/Northern Arizona first round game, a first-round contest more worthy of the quarterfinals or even the semis.

Isn't that why you try to earn the #1 seed???

Bogus Megapardus
November 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I really wish the Ivies would participate in the playoffs so everyone could complain about how undeserving they are as well.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Isn't that why you try to earn the #1 seed???

A very fair point, but EWU as the No. 3 seed must be wondering what the hell they did to deserve their draw.

You could try to argue, perhaps, that EIU has an easy second round game with either Butler or Tennessee State, but they have to face Fordham, Towson, or Sacred Heart in the second round - two Top 10 teams.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM
A very fair point, but EWU as the No. 3 seed must be wondering what the hell they did to deserve their draw.

You could try to argue, perhaps, that EIU has an easy second round game with either Butler or Tennessee State, but they have to face Fordham, Towson, or Sacred Heart in the second round - two Top 10 teams.

They lost to SHSU and Toledo.

SingForever
November 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
First of all, I can see Towson, Maine, Eastern Illinois, or Eastern Washington capable of beating NDSU. It is not going to be a cakewalk. But the fact that there are three home games in that Concert Center is a HUGE advantage that makes me ill.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 10:57 AM

They REALLY REALLY set a new precedent with that one. 5 DI wins should make the playoffs in 11 game seasons now, because 6 DI wins is clearly good enough in a 12 game season.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 10:58 AM
First of all, I can see Towson, Maine, Eastern Illinois, or Eastern Washington capable of beating NDSU. It is not going to be a cakewalk. But the fact that there are three home games in that Concert Center is a HUGE advantage that makes me ill.

You should complain to the NFL teams that play indoor too. Or maybe you just shouldn't be so GD busch league.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 10:58 AM

Perhaps you are unaware of the fact that NDSU hasn't lost a road game in 3 years.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Of all the issues, NDSU getting the No. 1 seed and 3 potential home games in the playoffs is not one of them. Talk about earning it.

SingForever
November 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Perhaps you are unaware of the fact that NDSU hasn't lost a road game in 3 years.
That has nothing to do with the fact that they play 3 home games in a playoff situation. It's an environment tat other teams have to make a tremendous adjustment to - and with very few of their fans rooting for them.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM

NDSU's 0 losses is why they deserve the #1.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 11:40 AM
That has nothing to do with the fact that they play 3 home games in a playoff situation. It's an environment tat other teams have to make a tremendous adjustment to - and with very few of their fans rooting for them.

Holy ****. You mean when a team goes undefeated through the season they earn home field advantage and when that team sells out every seat every game it actually IS an advantage?

Where's my fainting couch?

Sam_Kats
November 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Where's my fainting couch?

It's 11:40 on a Monday, so SURELY you're sitting on it. xnodx

I kid, I kid. But yeah, ANY argument over NDSU getting the #1 seed is a bit outlandish, at best. They ran the table wire to wire.....where's the issue? The road to Frisco SHOULD run through Fargo based on the season Bohl & his crew had.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM

xdizzyx

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:52 AM
It's 11:40 on a Monday, so SURELY you're sitting on it. xnodx

I kid, I kid. But yeah, ANY argument over NDSU getting the #1 seed is a bit outlandish, at best. They ran the table wire to wire.....where's the issue? The road to Frisco SHOULD run through Fargo based on the season Bohl & his crew had.

I am shocked to hear that from Sam, and more shocked that I just added to your rep.... xthumbsupx We are undefeated, the only one, and clearly have the wins that deserve a #1 seed. What is there to complain about? I couldn't have said it any better than Sam_Kats. The road to Frisco should be thru Fargo.

Sam_Kats
November 25th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Why are you shocked? I think you'd find a VERY SMALL % of Kat fans who would disagree that a) NDSU is the clear-cut #1 and b) our guys could have & should have stayed at home this year with the way the season went down. HOWEVER, the committee gave us a chip & a seat......what does everyone want, for the kids to turn in their pads & call up UNI or Chatty to take their spots?? Give me a break.

Both teams mentioned, including YSU had their chances to punch their ticket, regardless of point of the season...

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Why are you shocked? I think you'd find a VERY SMALL % of Kat fans who would disagree that a) NDSU is the clear-cut #1 and b) our guys could have & should have stayed at home this year with the way the season went down. HOWEVER, the committee gave us a chip & a seat......what does everyone want, for the kids to turn in their pads & call up UNI or Chatty to take their spots?? Give me a break.

Whoa! I was saying you were correct. Only reason I was saying I was surprised was for anti-Bison posts in the past. I don't blame you, I would root hard for my team if the shoe was on the other foot. Just saying it was surprising to hear a Kats fan say it after the last two years.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
If we are talking about the Kats making the playoffs, I am not sure I can agree with you on that. I would say there are other teams that have resume's that look a little better at this point. But hey, what do you do. Other teams need to win more games next time. We have been on the other end of that as well. It isn't like it is going to change. I am just looking forward to the games getting played. I wish more of these games were televised though. Good luck in the playoffs!

clenz
November 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
They REALLY REALLY set a new precedent with that one. 5 DI wins should make the playoffs in 11 game seasons now, because 6 DI wins is clearly good enough in a 12 game season.

Yep....

Very very slippery slope was just walked right up to by the committee.

There is now a very clear message to teams to schedule a ton of d2 games as long as 5 or 6 d1 wins are there

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Sam_Kats
November 25th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Well, again, I'd say the majority of our fans interacted REALLY WELL with the Bison fans. We enjoyed all the great fans who traveled all those miles & appreciated the passion your fans have. It's a different comparison because you guys ARE the state school but it's definitely something to aspire our fans to be one day. As far as the game, Hell, you can't ask for a better stretch of games in the past 10 years...

Was their smack during the game? Sure. Do I think we had the best team in the country in 2011? Yes, but that's why you play the games. Bison earned it & so did their fans. KUDOS. I just hope our schools don't wait TOO long to scratch up a home & home because I want to make the trip to Fargo.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I am not saying that UNI deserved to be in the playoffs due to their record, and resume. Injuries suck, and as a healthy UNI team... they would be a good bracket buster on any side of the bracket. That is a good team when healthy, and will be next year.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Well, again, I'd say the majority of our fans interacted REALLY WELL with the Bison fans. We enjoyed all the great fans who traveled all those miles & appreciated the passion your fans have. It's a different comparison because you guys ARE the state school but it's definitely something to aspire our fans to be one day. As far as the game, Hell, you can't ask for a better stretch of games in the past 10 years...

Was their smack during the game? Sure. Do I think we had the best team in the country in 2011? Yes, but that's why you play the games. Bison earned it & so did their fans. KUDOS. I just hope our schools don't wait TOO long to scratch up a home & home because I want to make the trip to Fargo.

Same here on getting a home and home. Who doesn't want to talk a little smack, and get both sides riled up for a game? That is part of the fun of having discussions on this site! Yes, serious, common sense discussion as well. When your team and fans are getting ready for a big game, why not get excited about your team? Heck, that stuff is fun. Even if your team doesn't have a chance it is still fun, and should be accepted as such. So Griz fans, fire away! See you at the FargoDome! Let the xslapfightx begin!

Twentysix
November 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM

It seems a little weird that one hasn't been announced yet... especially with NDSU's recent trouble to fill contracts and NDSU's successful past relations with SHSU outside of the championships.

Sammy94
November 25th, 2013, 12:20 PM
There is now a very clear message to teams to schedule a ton of d2 games as long as 5 or 6 d1 wins are there

Funny thing is we did it without playing any D2 teams. If so I don't think we would be in.

Sam_Kats
November 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM
No point, Sammy - his mind is already made up that his panties are wet, so.....it shall be so

Texas
November 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Whoa! I was saying you were correct. Only reason I was saying I was surprised was for anti-Bison posts in the past. I don't blame you, I would root hard for my team if the shoe was on the other foot. Just saying it was surprising to hear a Kats fan say it after the last two years.

Most of the Kats here have always given Bison props the catch was when some of your fans run with it. Naturally some will lash back.

Herder
November 25th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Look at the 2012 Playoff bracket, then tell me that the #1 seed didn't have a much tougher road than some of the other seeds. So you are saying its OK for EWU to play the winner of Furman/SC State, but NDSU should have a tougher game? And Really, you're are saying that Montana is an easy game? No way, EWU is lucky not to be playing Montana in round 3.

If I was looking for an easier game for the #1 seed, I would not pick Montana in round 3. Would I rather play McNeese . . . hell yes.

AmsterBison
November 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM

Heh, NDSU's home field advantage in the FargoDome pales to the home field advantage that NDSU would have playing outside.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Heh, NDSU's home field advantage in the FargoDome pales to the home field advantage that NDSU would have playing outside.

Yep. temp was approximately 0 at kickoff on Saturday.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM

Indeed, that was sophomore (in 2011) Pard receiver Mark Ross (1,000 yards two years in row now) recollection about his time with Pard football. It was his first away game (non starter so he didn't travel as frosh) and he said it was the loudest place he has been in his life.

fencer24
November 25th, 2013, 12:48 PM

Done!

gotts
November 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM

lol wut

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Done!

The only shutout NDSU has recorded in the FCS playoffs was against Lehigh, and Montana>>>>Lehigh.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
That has nothing to do with the fact that they play 3 home games in a playoff situation. It's an environment tat other teams have to make a tremendous adjustment to - and with very few of their fans rooting for them.Perhaps he is confused on why the regular season is played... lolxlolx

gotts
November 25th, 2013, 01:01 PM
The only shutout NDSU has recorded in the FCS playoffs was against Lehigh, and Montana>>>>Lehigh.

Well, this is going to get interesting now... well done!

TypicalTribe
November 25th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I think the biggest travesty are the conference rematches, especially the UNH/Maine game. How in the world does a seeded team get a likely first game against their biggest rival that they just lost to? This isn't just a rematch, it means Maine pays UNH twice in a row possibly. That doesn't make any sense. Nor was it necessary. Send the Fordham/SHU winner to Orono and the Laf/UNH winner to Towson and it works almost as well and you still have a CAA rematch but one from much earlier in the season. UNH barely got into the field and they get a 5-6 team in the first round and a second round game against a team they just beat! That's a pretty good deal after getting in off the bubble.

The OVC rematch isn't much better of a situation and seemed eminently avoidable as well. On the flip side, I like it when they pair teams that missed each during conference play like EWU and NAU.

Still, the early conference rematches are a net negative because it takes away from a conference's opportunity to have multiple teams make deep runs in the playoffs. Thee should be a set rule about rematches not happening until the quarters.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I was also not a fan of the rematches of games we just saw played! UNH and Maine.... Wow. Granted, UNH has to win a game first, but the selection committee somehow thought that was a good matchup again. Space it out, and let some matchups happen that would not normally occur.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I think the biggest travesty are the conference rematches, especially the UNH/Maine game. How in the world does a seeded team get a likely first game against their biggest rival that they just lost to? This isn't just a rematch, it means Maine pays UNH twice in a row possibly. That doesn't make any sense. Nor was it necessary. Send the Fordham/SHU winner to Orono and the Laf/UNH winner to Towson and it works almost as well and you still have a CAA rematch but one from much earlier in the season. UNH barely got into the field and they get a 5-6 team in the first round and a second round game against a team they just beat! That's a pretty good deal after getting in off the bubble.

The OVC rematch isn't much better of a situation and seemed eminently avoidable as well. On the flip side, I like it when they pair teams that missed each during conference play like EWU and NAU.

Still, the early conference rematches are a net negative because it takes away from a conference's opportunity to have multiple teams make deep runs in the playoffs. Thee should be a set rule about rematches not happening until the quarters.

+100000000

Also, Maine didn't play Towson! Why not just seed Fordham and have Towson host SHU in the first round, winner going to Maine? Hell, that's what they did with NAU...

Trumpster
November 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
What I truly don't understand is how with all their regionalization we've seen and conference mates potentially playing in the second round why isn't SDSU set up to play NDSU again? Was it all the whining last year? The inconsistency doesn't seem to make sense to me. Not that I'm complaining, I much prefer this route compared to last years bracket.

bisonguy
November 25th, 2013, 06:38 PM
What I truly don't understand is how with all their regionalization we've seen and conference mates potentially playing in the second round why isn't SDSU set up to play NDSU again? Was it all the whining last year? The inconsistency doesn't seem to make sense to me. Not that I'm complaining, I much prefer this route compared to last years bracket.

Consolation for only getting two teams from the MVFC.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
November 26th, 2013, 03:02 AM
I have nothing against Butler and I will be pulling for them to beat the brakes off of Tennessee State on Saturday.

As someone already mentioned, the fact that they are hosting is not really a travesty. I understand TSU didn't bid. Perhaps the Committee should have considered that and matched them up against a team that DID bid as Butler's average home attendance this year was 2,709 (Total Attendance = 16,254). Probably not going to set any new maximum attendance records this T'Giving weekend.

Again, I don't know if I'd call it a travesty and I hope they do well, but I think it's very unfortunate that the PFL's 1st AQ Bid went to a team that was demolished by the best team in the league (according to the Box Score, USD had them 35-0 before calling off the dogs) and they ALSO did not beat the next 2 best teams in the League (Marist - tied for 1st & Mercer - alone in 3rd place). They weren't on the schedule, so no fault of Butler's, but it sure would have been better 'justified' if they had played and beaten either of those teams. Finally, Butler only beat tied-for-4th-place-finisher Dayton by 3 on a very late FG. I guess their best PFL win was a 10 point win over tied-for-4th place-finisher, Drake - a team that a 1st year Mercer program beat somewhat easily by 2 TD's. I think, really, the best Butler can justifiably claim from their on-the-field PFL body of work in 2013 is that they are a little bit better than the PFL's 4th place teams. Doesn't seem to be quite what the PFL would have hoped to put in the Playoffs the first time out of the gate.

I have no love for Marist, who made us (Mercer Fans) sit in the grass/concrete block berm on the 'visitors' side and had a 6'8" security guard threaten to kick us out if we stood up at all during the game. Their 'fans' also bombarded the players and fans with numerous FU's (not the Furman Fan kind), etc. as we were leaving the stadium for the half-mile hike to the 'visitor's' locker room after the game - very classy. BUT.....At least Marist played USD very close (losing on a disputed last second, 'get 2 chances at it' FG by USD) and they beat Mercer 33-7. If the PFL hadn't changed their tie-breaker rules the day before the last full week of PFL play, Marist would have won the tie-breaker - the SRS. They should have stayed with that IMHO. IF I was a Marist fan, I would be ringing somebody's phone off the hook and wearing out their inbox...but the RedFox fans don't seem to be too upset. I guess basketball season must have started.

So...Bottom Line - No offense to the Butler Bulldogs, but, given USD's withdrawal, I would say Marist NOT being the PFL's AQ rep is the biggest travesty. Just the way I see it.

PFL was fun....looking forward to the SoCon in 2014

MTfan4life
November 26th, 2013, 03:33 AM

Don't forget about the possible SHSU/SELA matchup as well. They played in the second to last weekend of the season. That game should have been sent to Montana and had the Coastal/Bethune winner going to SELA.

clenz
November 26th, 2013, 07:50 AM
So 198 of the 244 votes, as of the time of this post, are about SHSU and SCSU getting in over YSU and Chatty...

Houndawg
November 26th, 2013, 09:03 AM
If it means that much to some of the cry babies on this site (mainly the UNI fan who can't seem to untangle the string between her legs), email or call the NCAA selection committee. If not, then STFU.

xnonox You gonna sit still for that, clenz?

FormerPokeCenter
November 26th, 2013, 09:28 AM
So 198 of the 244 votes, as of the time of this post, are about SHSU and SCSU getting in over YSU and Chatty...

Feeling the love??

Catbooster
November 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
No they aren't. That's the number of voters, not the number of votes. You can vote for multiple choices. Right now, it says 248 voters but if you add up the votes, there are 337.

Also, it looks like you're adding 4 of the choices to reach your conclusion - inclusion of SHSU, inclusion of SCSU, exclusion of YSU, exclusion of Chatty. I don't think votes for all of those choices supports your fight that the MVFC got screwed. My vote against the inclusion of SHSU was solely because I don't like the 6 DI win precedent. I don't particularly care which bubble team would get their spot, as none of them have really earned a berth. So my vote wasn't opposed to SHSU getting in over YSU or Chatty, it was opposed to SHSU getting in over any 7 DI win team.

AmsterBison
November 26th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I don't like rematches in the round of 16. Heck, I'm not even fond of them in the 8-team round. So that's how I voted.

Catbooster
November 26th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I don't like rematches in the round of 16. Heck, I'm not even fond of them in the 8-team round. So that's how I voted.
That too - although I assume he meant in the 2nd round not the quarterfinals for the poll choice. Heck, I think I counted more than 2 rematches

Green26
November 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
That too - although I assume he meant in the 2nd round not the quarterfinals for the poll choice. Heck, I think I counted more than 2 rematches

Generally, I agree on rematches, but I would have loved a Montana v. EWU rematch, in any round.

underdawg
December 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Biggest Travesty? You figure it out! xlolx

This Week's Massey Ratings;:

1. NDSU

2. SDSU

8. SIU-C

10. UNI

14. YSU

22. MSU

24. Il State