PDA

View Full Version : SRS released

AmsterBison
November 24th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Not really impressed with it.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-srs-poll

It's exactly like D2 - their SoS calculation is deeply, deeply flawed so when I say that it is flawed, what I mean is that it is total crap.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Agreed its a stinking pile of ****.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2013, 12:12 PM
This makes the Coach's poll look like a shining beacon of truth and that's saying something.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM
This rating system is horrendous. A complete joke and the NCAA should ashamed of themselves for even posting the results.

This thing needs to go away and never be seen or heard of again.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
That poll means nothing. The playoffs have begun, let it all pan out on the field. Either we finish #1 or we don't. In the end, we have a playoff system, and thank god we don't let computer rankings like the BCS decide who plays for a championship.

Hammerhead
November 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
IF Eastern Illinois has the highest SRS, why didn't they get the #1 seed?

FargoBison
November 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM
That poll means nothing. The playoffs have begun, let it all pan out on the field. Either we finish #1 or we don't. In the end, we have a playoff system, and thank god we don't let computer rankings like the BCS decide who plays for a championship.

It meant something...the selection committee used it per the MVFC comish.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM

I meant now. No reason to argue about who ranks where now. It all gets played out on the field as it should.

Go Green
November 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Marist undoubtedly regretting that they agreed to chance the Pioneer's tie-breaking procedures. xbawlingx

walliver
November 25th, 2013, 02:37 PM
They got Davidson right. I'm not sure how you rank Columbia higher than teams that won actual games.

jmrepak
November 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM

They clearly didn't study it hard enough then because they chose to seed Maine 5th, Towson 7th and Montana 8th over CCU and Fordham who were ahead of all of them

Model Citizen
November 25th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Marist undoubtedly regretting that they agreed to chance the Pioneer's tie-breaking procedures. xbawlingx

I think you meant "agreed to change..." Because 10 days ago, the tiebreaker was the SRS alone. The change brought in a multitude of other rating systems.

And the SRS rates Marist ahead of Butler.

Fargo Bison, do you have a link to support this? Viverito, of course, is also the Pioneer commissioner. Interesting that the SRS could be used for selection everywhere but the PFL.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I think you meant "agreed to change..." Because 10 days ago, the tiebreaker was the SRS alone. The change brought in a multitude of other rating systems.

And the SRS rates Marist ahead of Butler.

Fargo Bison, do you have a link to support this? Viverito, of course, is also the Pioneer commissioner. Interesting that the SRS could be used for selection everywhere but the PFL.

It's mentioned at about the 1:50 mark in this video blog...http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=89899