PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart at Fordham

Pages : 1 [2]

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Congrats Rams!

RichH2
November 30th, 2013, 03:46 PM
SHU a gutty squad. Congrats to FU for holding on to win. Towson a tougher nut to crack

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
NEC showing they are as tough as the Patriot & MEAC.....

SHU beats Lafayette (already did), Butler, SC State and BCU today. They also give just about everyone else a run for their money. The Pioneers were legit imo.

blackbeard
November 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Congrats Fordham. VERY proud of my Pioneers, great season and will be making a lot if noise again next year!

Vooter
November 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hats off to Sacred Heart--you guys played a great game. We were lucky...

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 03:54 PM
SHU beats Lafayette (already did), Butler, SC State and BCU today. They also give just about everyone else a run for their money. The Pioneers were legit imo.

yes beats Lafayette
yes to Butler
South Carolina State is 3 touchdowns better.
BCU is two td's better

legit for northeast football not in the CAA yes

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I don't care. It was Mr. MVC who made the first comment, so deal with it...

I did deal with it. I wasn't as annoyed with his comment, though. He's a fan of a nearly unbeatable football team (NDSU). He was having fun on a "football" board (albeit in a juvenile way). But you earn the right to be a prick once in a while on a football fan board when your favorite team is REALLY good (NDSU). You (like so many other PL fans) decided to take a shot at academics on a football board as a fan of a school that is visiting the playoff field for the first time in more than a decade and a conference that has never had an FCS national champion.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 03:59 PM
pretentious d-bags

You need us to be pretentious d-bags. You want us to be pretentious d-bags. :p

Seriously, do you know about how the Patriot League was formed to begin with? About the ribaldry and abuse we take from Ivy guys? How about Penn coming up to Lafayette and having their band do an entire "safety school" halftime show on our turf? Or how Princeton starts with the "French" jokes when we show up over there. Have you ever seen the abuse that Penn takes from Harvard? Or that Cornell takes from everyone else? By the same token, we'll insult Lehigh's intelligence as soon as we make morning coffee. We take it and we give it out in some mighty creative ways. But we all get it and we don't take offense (mostly).

So it probably was a mistake to throw out a couple of one liners at UNH's expense earlier in the week. Now we know better, and we'll keep it to ourselves from now on. Fair enough?

blackbeard
November 30th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Great fans, great game day environment, beautiful campus.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Great fans, great game day environment, beautiful campus.

If you'd never been to Fordham you'd wouldn't believe it, right? Amazing place.

Vooter
November 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
He's a fan of a nearly unbeatable football team (NDSU). He was having fun on a "football" board (albeit in a juvenile way). But you earn the right to be a prick once in a while on a football fan board when your favorite team is REALLY good (NDSU).

Well, that's fine. And I think NDSU's a great team. But if he's going to be a classless prick, then at the very least he should expect people to call him on it. What's the problem? He's a big boy...I think....

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
You need us to be pretentious d-bags. You want us to be pretentious d-bags. :p

Seriously, do you know about how the Patriot League was formed to begin with? About the ribaldry and abuse we take from Ivy guys? How about Penn coming up to Lafayette and having their band do an entire "safety school" halftime show on our turf? Or how Princeton starts with the "French" jokes when we show up over there. Have you ever seen the abuse that Penn takes from Harvard? Or that Cornell takes from everyone else? By the same token, we'll insult Lehigh's intelligence as soon as we make morning coffee. We take it and we give it out in some mighty creative ways. But we all get it and we don't take offense (mostly).

So it probably was a mistake to throw out a couple of one liners at UNH's expense earlier in the week. Now we know better, and we'll keep it to ourselves from now on. Fair enough?

Solid response...I like this. I've been to "The Game" Harvard/Yale (not Lehigh/Lafayette ; )) 5 times and I always enjoy the academic banter and jokes at halftime, etc. and while I haven't seen many of the examples that you alluded to, I'd enjoy seeing them first hand. And I never did think that you took offense to anything I've posted, but some other PL fans have made their sensitivity very obvious.

The only difference between your examples and what has pissed me off in the past is that some PL fans make academic references to teams that would kick their butt on the field and are obviously not even trying to compete with them academically. BUT, the Ivy has the right to pick on their little PL brothers because they will always be academically superior to them (but the PL is trying to compete with them academically). Furthermore, the banter is fun when it's two REALLY strong academic schools (Harvard/Yale and along with your references) having a good smack talk with one another. But a Fordham fan talking academics with an NDSU fan on a football board? It just seems desperate to me, and it happens a lot.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Well, that's fine. And I think NDSU's a great team. But if he's going to be a classless prick, then at the very least he should expect people to call him on it. What's the problem? He's a big boy...I think....

True, I respect that.

Vooter
November 30th, 2013, 04:39 PM
"But a Fordham fan talking academics with an NDSU fan on a football board? It just seems desperate to me, and it happens a lot."

Oh, please. It's a freakin' FOOTBALL GAME. If you're a fan of the dominant team in any league and you're on a message board trashing teams who are playing in a game that has nothing to do with your school, you're automatically a LOSER. LOL...get it? I give everyone the benefit of the doubt...ONCE. Then you're fair game. Bison boy should be able to understand that...

Vooter
November 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM
True, I respect that.

In any case, congrats to UNH. However--and I'm not making this up--I'm a big Maine hockey fan, so I'll unfortunately be pulling for the blue, black and white next Saturday... :D

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Lol you are the classless prick:

Man would it be hilarious if Sacred Heart beats Fordham.

Not as hilarious as a degree from North Dakota State.

Sacred Heart is an unranked team playing a team that was ranked in the top 5 a majority of the season. It would have been pretty hilarious if SHU knocked fordham out.

You have zero grounds for your classless dig, mine is rooted in football.

The fact that you are still going on and on about it 10 pages later just shows how pathetic you are tbh.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM
In any case, congrats to UNH. However--and I'm not making this up--I'm a big Maine hockey fan, so I'll unfortunately be pulling for the blue, black and white next Saturday... :D

Hockey allegiances are fickle. I'm a closet RPI hockey fan myself.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
HC beat BC in men's hockey yesterday....just sayin' ,because it's freakin' awesome beating those guys in anything!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
HC beat BC in men's hockey yesterday....just sayin' ,because it's freakin' awesome beating those guys in anything!!!!

Likewise we beat Penn in basketball today because it's freakin' awesome beating those guys in anything. Problem is that no one noticed.

I'd kinda like to face UNH on the hardwood, though . . . Crusaders are going to take care of business tonight with that one?

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Likewise we beat Penn in basketball today because it's freakin' awesome beating those guys in anything. Problem is that no one noticed.

I'd kinda like to face UNH on the hardwood, though . . . Crusaders are going to take care of business tonight with that one?

One would hope....congrats on the win over UPenn btw....UNH has never, and I mean never been good in basketball.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 05:36 PM
....congrats on the win over UPenn btw....

This one was at home. The killer is trying to beat them at the Palestra. xblehx

UIWWildthing
November 30th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Congrats Rams on the win today and good luck next week...you'll need it :)
(On the other hand damn ANOTHER PL team coming to Towson for a playoff game? xeyebrowx

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Just got back. Hats off to SH. Very tough team. The only thing that confounds me is why their coach didn't run #33 all day long on us. He's the best player we have played against all year IMO.

Very tough matchup for us v Towsen IMO. Very happy that we get the chance though

FordhamFan
November 30th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Great game today. Sacred Heart are some tough MFers and that kid Spence is an animal. By far the thickest RB I've ever seen at this level. Fordham deserved the win today, I mean they killed the Pioneers in the turnover battle and took advantage just enough to win.

I can't lie, I was never really all that worried for the Rams. They weren't really stopped at all by SHU, the hold near the endzone called back a TD that would've made the score look much different. The one interception slipped out of Nebrich's hand. If Sacred Heart was able to stop Fordham on a few more third downs, then you have another story. But Fordham's success on third down is a large part why they're so successful this year.

Sacred simply could not throw the ball down field. That coupled with the turnovers just made it too much for the Pioneers to overcome. But man that team is a scrappy bunch. Good for them making the NEC proud. Hopefully that conference can produce a few more like them and be more of a force in the upcoming years.

------------------------------

And really, don't look too much into the amount of points Fordham gives up. Like yeah, it looks like 27 is a lot to give up to a team like SHU, but when you run the style of offense Fordham does, your defensive stats are skewed. I'd be willing to bet the Rams' D has played as many possessions as any defensive unit in the nation. When you're on the field that much, you're bound to give up some yards and scores. The defense knows it just has to bend not break, because the offense is going to score at least 30 virtually every game.

Really looking forward to Towson. Should be a good one.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Proud of K. Spence and the way he finished his career. I know him well. Glad to hear nice things being said about his performance.

blackbeard
November 30th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Proud of K. Spence and the way he finished his career. I know him well. Glad to hear nice things being said about his performance.

Spence isn't finished, he has another year. Very few seniors in the starting lineup for the Pioneers, expect bigger and better things next year.

JoltinJoe
November 30th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I was at the game. I never felt that the outcome was in doubt, and I never really was sweating it out at any time. But Sacred Heart surprised me in the third quarter. I expected the Rams to come out and run away with it. SH really made Fordham earn it.

JoltinJoe
November 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM
But a Fordham fan talking academics with an NDSU fan on a football board? It just seems desperate to me, and it happens a lot.

The shot at NDSU was cheap. It's not like a NDSU degree is as worthless as an UNH degree.:p:D

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Spence isn't finished, he has another year. Very few seniors in the starting lineup for the Pioneers, expect bigger and better things next year.

hmm...I just looked it up and he is a junior. That's awesome; he should have a huge senior campaign then. I could've sworn he was a senior because I remember him in an All-Star game in 2010. I forgot he did a year at Taft after high school. He really only had that year playing RB because I remember him being a good D-lineman in high school but his coach didn't really give him the rock at RB. He started at RB in the All-Star game, but for whatever reason, his hs coach didn't use him as a featured back. He was much more well known as a DE/DT.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM
The shot at NDSU was cheap. It's not like a NDSU degree is as worthless as an UNH degree.:p:D

budum bum...ching! Go Harvard! Where's Fordham at? I know the answer. The Bronx (good thing my worthless UNH degree didn't fail me there). But seriously, I don't think 97% of Americans even know that Fordham has a football team. Yes, we in the FCS community are excited about what they are doing, but your average American wouldn't know Fordham from Tufts...well they'd know Tufts is a better school :D, but as for football, no they wouldn't know the difference.

JoltinJoe
November 30th, 2013, 09:09 PM
budum bum...ching! Go Harvard! Where's Fordham at? I know the answer. The Bronx (good thing my worthless UNH degree didn't fail me there). But seriously, I don't think 97% of Americans even know that Fordham has a football team. Yes, we in the FCS community are excited about what they are doing, but your average American wouldn't know Fordham from Tufts...well they'd know Tufts is a better school :D, but as for football, no they wouldn't know the difference.

You don't know they call us the "Harvard of the Bronx"?? xsmiley_wix

blackbeard
November 30th, 2013, 09:12 PM
He was much more well known as a DE/DT.

That's what I've heard, very glad the SHU coaches decided he is a RB!

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 09:24 PM
K.C. Keeler was talking about Joe Moorhead of Fordham and Rob Ambrose of Towson as candidates for the UConn head coaching job. I don't see either of them leaving their teams right now to make a move to UConn.

There is an ambulance on the field to remove a Sacred Heart player from the field with 46 seconds left in the third period. David Bermont is the injured player. Looks like a leg injury for the backup receiver.

I'm hearing Pete Lembo's name is high on UConn's list. Lehigh went up to UConn close to ten years ago and gave the Huskies a good game. Not sure if Pete wants that gig or not.

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Congrats to the Rams. I saw SHU beat Lafayette early in September and was impressed with their running game. The top tier of the NEC has shown they can play. Wagner not only beating Colgate last year, but giving Eastern Washington a good game least year in the second round. Problem is a lot of people still consider the NEC as it was 10-12 years ago. With scholarships, they have been able to get some very good athletes in the fold. The close call for the Rams could help them as they prep for Towson. A 'blow out' could have had them thinking too high of themselves. Every week has to be a refocus. I will never forget our trip to Towson two years ago. Would be great for the Rams to 'do it' too!

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 09:38 PM
That's what I've heard, very glad the SHU coaches decided he is a RB!
The kid is Earl Campbell. Amazing

Any word on how the kid is that they carted off in the ambulance? We thought it was an Achilles but it seemed a lot to go through if that's all it was. Hope he's ok

blackbeard
November 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM

Any word on how the kid is that they carted off in the ambulance? We thought it was an Achilles but it seemed a lot to go through if that's all it was. Hope he's ok

No I haven't but will post if I hear anything

ace93
December 1st, 2013, 12:28 AM
I did deal with it. I wasn't as annoyed with his comment, though. He's a fan of a nearly unbeatable football team (NDSU). He was having fun on a "football" board (albeit in a juvenile way). But you earn the right to be a prick once in a while on a football fan board when your favorite team is REALLY good (NDSU). You (like so many other PL fans) decided to take a shot at academics on a football board as a fan of a school that is visiting the playoff field for the first time in more than a decade and a conference that has never had an FCS national champion.

2007 is not more than a decade ago.

I agree with you about academic jabs on a sports board, they really don't belong.

Mr. C
December 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM
For those looking to read about the Fordham-Sacred Heart game, here is the link from College Sports Journal:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/786-fordham-writes-more-history-with-playoff-win-over-sacred-heart

FordhamFan
December 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Good write up there. Man, I love Nebrich and Moorhead. They are just gamers.

blackbeard
December 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM

Broken ankle, not sure how severe

Fordham
December 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
For those looking to read about the Fordham-Sacred Heart game, here is the link from College Sports Journal:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/786-fordham-writes-more-history-with-playoff-win-over-sacred-heart

Agreed, great write up!

Mr. C, wish you responded to my game thread question of where you were located. Was going to ask you for a post game brew. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Again, hats off to SH. Tough as nails and I could watch Spence play all day long. Earl Campbell was my favorite RB ever and he really, really reminded me of him yesterday.

Richie68
December 1st, 2013, 05:22 PM
Great win for Fordham to win a playoff FCS game. I don't like academic insults to other teams to sully the victory for us. Our success in football should be accomplished on the playing field and nothing else. I look for a good game against Towson which should be a high scoring affair IMO with the Rams on top at the end.

The Boogie Down
November 29th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Sunny, blue skies, a crisp 35 degrees and a first round match between Sacred Heart and Fordham. The more things change, the more they stay the same. So let's pick this up where we left off. Rams by 10 sounds about right.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:14 AM
SHU fumbled it at their own 30....Fordham scores a few plays later...SHU can't give Fordham extra possessions if they want to have any chance...

7-0 Rams 12:11 1Q

FargoBison
November 29th, 2014, 11:14 AM
7-0 Rams up early.

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 11:18 AM
SHU fumbled it at their own 30....Fordham scores a few plays later...SHU can't give Fordham extra possessions if they want to have any chance...

7-0 Rams 12:11 1Q

Agreed!

After a great D stand to start game SHU certainly handed back momentum with a terrible fumble.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:19 AM
SHU QB had a guy open over the middle. Ugly start for the Pioneers....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Fordham came to play. TD Nebrich to Wetzel....

14-0 Rams 10:22 1Q

Fordham
Whoo hoo!!! 14-0

NoDak 4 Ever
This is going to get ugly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:24 AM

Sacred Heart is definitely better than they're playing. They have to get a drive going. Fordham's D will give up some plays imo....

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Nice drive building here

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Sacred Heart stopped on 3 and 7. Kicks a FG. 14-3 Fordham.

blackbeard
Nice drive building here

We will take the points. Good to keep the Fordham O off the field to try to break their rhythm

Go Lehigh TU owl
SHU really needed 7 there but at least they got some positive mojo. Their defense now has to show-up. These are two relatively even teams imo. Fordham has better wr's and QB but SHU matches up well in the trenches. Both have a ton of seniors....

Those first 5 minutes might haunt the Pioneers forever...

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2014, 11:31 AM
SHU really needed 7 there but at least they got some positive mojo. Their defense now has to show-up. These are two relatively even teams imo. Fordham has better wr's and QB but SHU matches up well in the trenches. Both have a ton of seniors....

Those first 5 minutes might haunt the Pioneers forever...
The trenches have been owned by Fordham thus far imo.

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2014, 11:39 AM
The trenches have been owned by Fordham thus far imo.

Now the Patriots are starting to show dominance on the line.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Looking better. Didn't look like SHU was going to get much done on offense the first couple series.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:40 AM
#14 has basically made the same great catch twice....lol

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 11:42 AM

Say what?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:42 AM
TD SHU!! Game on!

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Omg! Two points on the blocked EXTRA KICK!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Wow! That could be huge! Still a TD lead for Fordham!

NoDak 4 Ever
what a weird ass game.

blackbeard
#14 has basically made the same great catch twice....lol

Dube is so good, but the first one was 21 King

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM
and another twist. Right call though....

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Omg! Two points on the blocked EXTRA KICK!

No....dead ball when hits ground in end zone

Red & Black
November 29th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Weird, is that not a live ball in that situation?

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2014, 11:46 AM
No....dead ball when hits ground in end zone
Hey, when I posted that I didn't see the replay. Calm down there.

Red & Black
November 29th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Hey, when I posted that I didn't see the replay. Calm down there.

Ditto.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Weird, is that not a live ball in that situation?

Nope because the fall basically forward if iirc. Iowa basically beat UNI on the reverse of that call a few years ago I believe....

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2014, 11:48 AM
nah

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2014, 11:49 AM
nah

Can anyone see what time I posted that and how the game has changed since then? Is the thread not updating fast enough?

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Can anyone see what time I posted that and how the game has changed since then? Is the thread not updating fast enough?

yes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Wow, more mistakes by SHU.....and Fordham definitely held

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Ignore the hold in the backfield and call one on an uncatchable ball downfield

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Ignore the hold in the backfield and call one on an uncatchable ball downfield

That was pretty bad.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:00 PM
SHU has officially shown up and Fordham's D looks real shaky again....

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2014, 12:01 PM
SHU moved the ball downfield at will. Fordham D looks like grandfathers with rocks in their shoes

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:03 PM
SHU is making way too many mistakes to win this game imo. You can't keep screwing up like this. Fordham needs to come out and take it down the field.

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Ugh poor SHU, they just cant get anything to go their way haha no points on the drive, FG blocked again

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:05 PM
and now Fordham fumbles the ball...this game has been an enjoyable watch but both teams look real shaky.....

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2014, 12:05 PM
A load of penalties and poor special teams play will earn you an early playoff exit pretty much every time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Now the SHU QB throws a pick. when you keep throwing 50/50 balls the odds even out....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Nebrich with the pick. That was an ugly throw too.

If either team plays like this next week they'll lose by 50.....

Red & Black
November 29th, 2014, 12:14 PM
xlolx The UNH crew have got to be pretty excited for next week watching this game.

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Nebrich with the pick. That was an ugly throw too.

If either team plays like this next week they'll lose by 50.....

Agreed

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Middle of the field is open, SHU needs to find those passes

Go...gate
November 29th, 2014, 12:19 PM
This game could be a heartbreaker....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:20 PM
OMG....that wasn't even close.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Ram with a FG

17-9 Fordham

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Turnovers killing SHU, stat differential has to be pretty big

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:33 PM
SHU goes right down the field for a TD...go for 2 get it but called for offensive PI, forced to try a 35 yard XP and they some how make it...

Fordham 17-16 4:10 2Q

UNHWildcat18
SHU is dominating besides turnovers and penalties

Go Lehigh TU owl
Turnovers killing SHU, stat differential has to be pretty big

SHU has outplayed Fordham, no question imo...

Gater
November 29th, 2014, 12:42 PM
SHU doing everything they can to lose this game. They are 116th in penalty yards on the season. Seems like they would be a great team if they could clean it up. Never seen a QB as ready to throw the ball away as Nebrich today. Strange for such a good QB.

Red & Black
November 29th, 2014, 12:45 PM
SHU looks like the better team. Just too many mistakes.

clenz
November 29th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Nope because the fall basically forward if iirc. Iowa basically beat UNI on the reverse of that call a few years ago I believe....
If the ball lands behind the LOS it is a live ball for either team. That means if a fg is kicked on downs 1-3 the kicking team recovers they keep the ball

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
SHU looks like the better team. Just too many mistakes.

Nebrich got lit up before that throw and it did hit the ground....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 12:50 PM
TD Fordham! I think Wetzel got away with a push off on that one....

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Calling TO on last possession was a big mistake by SHU. Should have let the clock run and taken the 2nd half kick.

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Yikes - we were outplayed. Lucky to be up

ace93
November 29th, 2014, 12:59 PM
TD Fordham! I think Wetzel got away with a push off on that one....

I thought so at first too, but did not in the replays.

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I'm blown away by how much both teams seem to chuck the ball up and hope their guy comes down with it.

I anticipate 2-3 more interceptions in the 2nd half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 01:19 PM
#14 for SHU is REALLY good. That was an amazing catch!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Tebucky Jones with a 96 yard TD catch!!

31-16 Fordham 11:45 3Q

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Brutal start to the half for SHU

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Gutsy call for Fordham from their own 4 yard line. However it paid off big for them.

31-16 Fordham leads.

Dewey

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Really excited to see how UNH plays against either of these teams

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 01:28 PM
SHU with another terrible snap on a punt. The amount of mistakes they've made today is crazy!

FU ball at SHU 6 yard line

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 01:29 PM
A snap over the head of the punter and now Fordham has the ball 1st and goal from the 6.

Third and goal from the 6.

Trips to the right and the run is stuffed. The filed goal unit coming out.

Dewey

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 01:32 PM
SHU with another terrible snap on a punt. The amount of mistakes they've made today is crazy!

FU ball at SHU 6 yard line

Agreed

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Good return BY SHU and then a 15 yard pile push run to get to a first and 10 from the 20.

22 yard TD run by SHU. 2 point conversion no good. Fordham leads 34-22 with 7:47 to go in the 3rd quarter.

Dewey

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Great answer! Stop on the goal line after the bad snap, then a quick TD. Now need a defensive stop to change the tone.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2014, 01:40 PM
TD SHU! 2 pt conversion no good...

34-22 Rams

Lehigh'98
November 29th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Pretty weak targeting call there IMO led with shoulder

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Awful awful call. Let's play soccer

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Awful awful call. Let's play soccer

Good replay and correction by the referees. Like the announcers said the quarterback lead his running back out to dry and the defensive back made a nice hit.

Dewey

Sader87
November 29th, 2014, 02:00 PM
FU has been very undisciplined this year.....

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Fordham gets called for an unsportsmanlike conduct and Sacred Heart gets a first down instead of punting.

Bad play by a senior.

Dewey

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Then an interception by Fordham. Both teams with 3 turnovers.

Ugh!

Dewey

Lehigh'98
November 29th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Ugly game!! Let's see if FU can hold on

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 02:05 PM
It seems like Fordham keeps giving Sacred Heart chances but SHU can't capitalize on the mistakes.

End of the 3rd quarter Fordham leads 34-22.

Dewey

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Ugly INT, been making that pass all year. FU's CB is the only guy I have seen be able to cover Dube in man all year.

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Good replay and correction by the referees. Like the announcers said the quarterback lead his running back out to dry and the defensive back made a nice hit.

Dewey

Agreed

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Seems like Fordham is doing a really nice job of picking up the blitzes or pushing the pressure aside so Nebrich can step up and hit a crossing route.

Dewey

centennial
November 29th, 2014, 02:15 PM
BTW I called this game 36-22 in my bracket.

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 02:15 PM
A TD on this drive ices the game. Turnover on downs makes it a battle to the end

dewey
November 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM
We decided to flip over and watch the Indiana State versus Eastern Kentucky game. Assuming Fordham hangs on to win good luck next week against New Hampshire.

Dewey

- - - Updated - - -

Show off, LOL! I called it Fordham 34-31.

Dewey

ace93
November 29th, 2014, 02:27 PM

You did not factor in the 4th quarter. Otherwise great job.

(posted before Edmonds TD)

I predicted 42-21 FU. I will be off by quite a bit too.

Lehigh'98
November 29th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Where's aceinthehole? He must be upset seeing a PL team beat the NEC. In all seriousness though, great season for SHU. Tough loss today, too many mistakes. Hopefully, they can keep the positive trend going.

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 02:42 PM
This game would have been completely different if Sacred Heart had a guy who could shotgun and long snap

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Much respect for Sacred Heart. Great, tough team who committed too many miscues today. We are going to have our hands full next week

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Don't worry SHU fans we'll beat fordham next week for ya

UNHFan
November 29th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Sacred Heart has nothing to be ashamed about! They played well... the whole NEC is growing at an amazing pace.... I am looking forward to the future of Northeast FCS Football

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Don't worry SHU fans we'll beat fordham next week for ya
Wow! So condescending to Sacred Heart. They're a great team. They don't need anyone stepping in to take care of their business like a big brother imo.

Regardless of how big of an underdog we wi be I'm looking forward to UNH!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 29th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Where's aceinthehole? He must be upset seeing a PL team beat the NEC. In all seriousness though, great season for SHU. Tough loss today, too many mistakes. Hopefully, they can keep the positive trend going.

There's a difference between the PL and the NEC?

FordhamFan
November 29th, 2014, 05:33 PM
What an ugly ugly game. FU just took advantage of the mistakes better than SHU did. Hopefully we're a little more disciplined next week and knock off the top seed. Fordham in the sweet 16 baby...that's something to be excited about.

UNHFan
November 29th, 2014, 05:35 PM
What an ugly ugly game. FU just took advantage of the mistakes better than SHU did. Hopefully we're a little more disciplined next week and knock off the top seed. Fordham in the sweet 16 baby...that's something to be excited about.
Reminds me of the NAIAA Championship game about 5 years ago....Ugly!

Bisonator
November 29th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Congrats to the Rams!

blackbeard
November 29th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Congrats to the Rams! You are a very talented and well coached team.

Very proud of my SHU Pioneers - for the season we had and the strides we have made as a program. We have an incredible group of Seniors that made a decision to change the culture of SHU football two years ago and they have done just that. Back to back conference titles and playoff appearances was not imaginable two years ago.

I made a decision 4 years ago to allow my son to travel a great distance to play for SHU, to follow his dream of playing D1 football. The experience he had, friendships made, and leadership from this coaching staff made it all more than worthwhile. He knew college was his last stop for football and it was a joy and a privilege to get to see him play his last game today. I am grateful the coaching staff gave an undersized DB a chance and extremely proud of his accomplishments on the field.

Go Pioneers!

Lehigh'98
November 29th, 2014, 09:22 PM

Aside from Fordham, NEC had a much better year. Tell us how good The MVFC is. Oh wait, you do that on every thread.

Go...gate
November 29th, 2014, 09:38 PM

IMO, the NEC is the stronger conference top-to-bottom. Next year, however, the PL will be up to 45 available scholarships per team (if they want to award that number), and 60 available scholarships in 2016, so the PL may pull even or get a bit stronger. The Ivy (save Harvard), PL (save Fordham) and NEC are all pretty close in competitiveness right now.

Fordham
November 29th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Very proud of my SHU Pioneers - for the season we had and the strides we have made as a program. We have an incredible group of Seniors that made a decision to change the culture of SHU football two years ago and they have done just that. Back to back conference titles and playoff appearances was not imaginable two years ago.

I made a decision 4 years ago to allow my son to travel a great distance to play for SHU, to follow his dream of playing D1 football. The experience he had, friendships made, and leadership from this coaching staff made it all more than worthwhile. He knew college was his last stop for football and it was a joy and a privilege to get to see him play his last game today. I am grateful the coaching staff gave an undersized DB a chance and extremely proud of his accomplishments on the field.

Go Pioneers!

What a great message! Congrats to you and your son. He's part of a great team and what sounds like a really special group of seniors for Sacred Heart.

Gater
November 29th, 2014, 11:43 PM

Go Pioneers!

Would imagine he's a pretty great kid if he's anything like his dad. Awesome post.

The Boogie Down
December 1st, 2014, 11:34 AM

Go Pioneers!

Beautifully written closing note for this chapter of the SHU/FU thread. Let's hope for a new chapter during next year's playoffs.

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2014, 03:09 AM

Go Pioneers!

What a great message! Best wishes to you and your son.

blackbeard
December 2nd, 2014, 10:07 AM
What a great message! Best wishes to you and your son.

Gate he was almost a Red Raider but that "no athletic scholarships" "need based financial aid only" thing got in the way. I think the PL and the NEC have been pretty even the last couple of years, but now with merit scholarships I expect the PL to widen the gap from the NEC teams.