PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State at Northern Arizona

Pages : [1] 2

Cocky
November 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Discuss

RabidRabbit
November 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
These are probably the two best teams not seeded. With regionalization, this is as good a pairing as SDSU could have received. The only other possibility would have been to pair SUU-SDSU, and SHSU-NAU.

It will be interesting to see how the game goes.

Red & Black
November 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Not sure who I want in this one. I think I'd like to see NAU win, primarily because they are a conference mate and we didn't play them in the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

OBC
November 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I saw both NAU and SDSU play South Dakota this year. Interesting matchup, but I think SDSU wins this one going away. Minus special teams SDSU is a title contender. NAU has an impressive run defense but I suspect Sumner will open things up making it harder for NAU to focus on stopping Zenner. Bauman was the second best RB I saw this year, Zenner was the best. The fact that SDSU's defense has to practice every day against Zenner's speed will make them prepared for Bauman. 10+ Jacks victory with the Jacks controlling from the start.

Kemo
November 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Don't know a ton about NAU, but SDSU is definitely playing their best ball of the season at the right time. 5 weeks ago the Jackrabbits (got to remember not to say Jacks in this match-up) started playing their playoffs and have looked good with their backs against the wall, so hopefully that can continue.

Also, Sumner is really coming on at the end of the year, so teams loading up on Zenner may start to pay more for that more.

CPrice91
November 24th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Can't wait to watch this one. I'm betting on a hard-fought 27-24 type of game - should be fun!

goyotes
November 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I think the Jacks (Rabbits not Lumber) win this game and perhaps by a comfortable margin. The 2 keys for the Rabbits will be (1) Sumner to continue to play at the level he has the past couple of games & (2) Deal with the elevation, as the Walkup Skydome is the 2nd highest elevation D1 (highest FCS) behind only War Memorial Stadium in Laramie, Wyoming. I don't know the best way to deal with the elevation, but I do know that Joe Glenn said the best way is to get in as late as possible, play the game and get out and that getting in a day early to get acclimated to the higher elevation does more harm than good

Bisonwinagn
November 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I'm really curious to see how close the bid was for the home game...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Great match-up for SDSU.

Jacks have been playing their best FB at the end of the season. Their physical defense will contain Bauman.

GO JACKS

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I predict a 3 touchdown win for SDSU. I don't see any way this game is even close.

Dakotaguy74
November 24th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Jackrabbits vs. Lumberjacks? I really hope no one starts calling this game a big Jack off.

DJKyR0
November 24th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Probably the most intriguing first-round matchup aside from Samford-J. State. Eager to see how this one plays out.

swaghook
November 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I have SDSU winning this one

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I have SDSU winning this one

They beat EWU also.

clawman
November 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Jackrabbits vs. Lumberjacks? I really hope no one starts calling this game a big Jack off.

Good one!
You must have taken your meds todayxlolx

deez_na
November 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Sdsu by 10

Grizalltheway
November 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
They beat EWU also.

Sure they do.

swaghook
November 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
They beat EWU also. I have that one selected as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Sure they do.

Glad you are on board....xthumbsupx

frozennorth
November 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I'll go with the home team. Possibly the two best unseeded teams here.

Yotes
November 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Not much respect for NAU in this one, we would have taken them handily had we played them with Earl at QB. State by two scores.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Feels like thw YSU game to me in my gut. This Rabbit team is playing some sort of nasty physical ball that will rough up NAU a bit I think. Its one thing to have a great running game in a conference known for being pass happy, its a whole other being in a league that is ground and pound and still being great. And playing in the lose or go home position for four weeks should nean the Rabbits are pretty comfortable with it.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Not much respect for NAU in this one, we would have taken them handily had we played them with Earl at QB. State by two scores.

USD fans ever get sick of putting "if" or "had we" in front of every sentence? Heard that same sentence srructure every year UND beat you, which was pretty much every year.

deez_na
November 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=Sioux;2058479]USD fans ever get sick of putting "if" or "had we" in front of every sentence? Heard that same sentence srructure every year UND beat you, which was pretty much every year.[/QUOTE

UND wouldn't even sniff beating USD this year. You guys have a crap ton of work to do before you will compete.

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=Sioux;2058479]USD fans ever get sick of putting "if" or "had we" in front of every sentence? Heard that same sentence srructure every year UND beat you, which was pretty much every year.[/QUOTE

UND wouldn't even sniff beating USD this year. You guys have a crap ton of work to do before you will compete.

Thanks for sharing. Nothing to do with UND, we realize UND is bad. That's the first step.

Trumpster
November 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I like the jacks in this one. I say jacks over jacks, 28-17.

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Feels like thw YSU game to me in my gut. This Rabbit team is playing some sort of nasty physical ball that will rough up NAU a bit I think. Its one thing to have a great running game in a conference known for being pass happy, its a whole other being in a league that is ground and pound and still being great. And playing in the lose or go home position for four weeks should nean the Rabbits are pretty comfortable with it.

Quick question for ya. Which conference has 2 teams in the top 50 in rushing in FCS and which has 5 including the #1 and #3 ranked teams?

Neither team is statistically great at anything. NAU is a little better overall on defense…from a conference that…you know actually plays some offense. Both teams are on long winning streaks having played schedules that were very comparable from a strength standpoint.

SDSU is better at throwing the ball, but the one place where NAU shines is in the secondary. It's senior led, has 5 pick sixes on the season, and can man up allowing for the Jacks to load up the box against Zenner.

Should be a really good game and I'd be very surprised if either team gets beat by more than one score. I'll go with NAU just to provide a little balance to the MVFC hubris and mythology.

AmsterBison
November 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I predict a 3 touchdown win for SDSU. I don't see any way this game is even close.

You joined a couple weeks ago and you've already posted a lifetime's worth of "NDSU is better than anybody" smack. You're not trolling us, are you?

What are you basing the 3 TD margin on? Do you see some exploitable weakness in Northern Arizona? If so, what is it?

All I know is that South Dakota State didn't put a big enough bid in to get home field. Ouch.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Quick question for ya. Which conference has 2 teams in the top 50 in rushing in FCS and which has 5 including the #1 and #3 ranked teams?

Ill take what is the big sky conf for 500 trebeck.

Also, load up the box on ZZ? Dang, somebody should have tried that this year, why didnt they think of that? ;)

Seriously though I think it will be a good game. If it was @ SDSU I would think otherwise. With blue and yellow glasses on I think State wins by 7 in flagstaff. I know the transitive property in fb is retarded but the USD games vs the Sky gives me some solid confidence going into this.

Anybody able to tell me what team NAU resembles the most that State has faced?

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 08:51 AM

Also, load up the box on ZZ? Dang, somebody should have tried that this year, why didnt they think of that? ;)

Seriously though I think it will be a good game. If it was @ SDSU I would think otherwise. With blue and yellow glasses on I think State wins by 7 in flagstaff. I know the transitive property in fb is retarded but the USD games vs the Sky gives me some solid confidence going into this.

My point being that not every team SDSU has faced or will face has the secondary to at least slow Zenner down…perhaps enough to win.

I think NAU might.

CPrice91
November 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM

You don't think that could be because the Big Sky has been awful defensively this year? Food for thought. "We have awesome running games" isn't the only reasoning there.

In any case... go Lumberjacks. Rooting for ya.

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
For all of you that only read the MVFC talking points, go average out the "points against" for all teams in each conference. Wait, I'll save you the time. MVFC = 24.5/game Big Sky - 27.8/game

For a league that supposedly plays no defense but has high-flying offense's, they sure don't give up too many more points. (P.S. - that includes Weber's 41.4 average and NDSU's 11.5, which are polar opposites). The rest of the teams look pretty damn similar to me.

msupokes1
November 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Both teams could have gotten a seed and they both needed to see the Jack's off. I see SDSU winning by 10+ points and then upsetting EWU and then upsetting my cowboys.

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 09:54 AM
For all of you that only read the MVFC talking points, go average out the "points against" for all teams in each conference. Wait, I'll save you the time. MVFC = 24.5/game Big Sky - 27.8/game

For a league that supposedly plays no defense but has high-flying offense's, they sure don't give up too many more points. (P.S. - that includes Weber's 41.4 average and NDSU's 11.5, which are polar opposites). The rest of the teams look pretty damn similar to me.

Yep. Style influences stats. And if you think the BSC's offensive numbers are skewed because no one in the conference plays defense...

Cal Poly put up over 400 yards on 10-0 Fresno and averaged 400 yards versus Fresno and Colorado State.

Portland State gained 553 yards on Cal

EWU put 625 yards on OSU and out-gained the best passing attack in FBS by 100 and 496 @ SHSU

UND (perhaps the Big Sky's worst team and mediocre offense at best) outgained SDSU 458-455

THE HERD
November 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
These two teams seem really similiar to me and I think whoever wins it will be by seven or less. Although from what I have been hearing Sumner has been really throwing the ball much better these last four or five games and if he does that the Jacks morph into a different animal, because most teams need to load the box with eight or more to slow down ZZ. At that point its a pick your poison type of deal and the Rabbits may roll. I'll stick with the close game though Rabbits 24 NAU 21.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Should be a good game. I think SDSU plays tough defense, ZZ has a big day and they win the TOP. 24-20 Wabbits!

JSUBison
November 25th, 2013, 10:47 AM
No offense, but you guys need to remember who coaches the Rabbits. Stig hasn't exactly been lights out in big games.

MSUBobcat
November 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
You joined a couple weeks ago and you've already posted a lifetime's worth of "NDSU is better than anybody" smack. You're not trolling us, are you?

What are you basing the 3 TD margin on? Do you see some exploitable weakness in Northern Arizona? If so, what is it?

All I know is that South Dakota State didn't put a big enough bid in to get home field. Ouch.

I thought I was the only one who noticed how much chest thumping he's done in such a short time here....xthumbsupxxlolx

tomq04
November 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I better root for the big sky, Lumberjacks are looking good this year, and selfishly i really want EWU to play them :)

Go lumber jacks.

I still like the call from a page ago of Jacks over Jacks 31-27 :)

MSUBobcat
November 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM

Why bother using USD vs Big Sky and not common opponents? SDSU won @UND by 7, NAU won @UND by 21, difference of 14pts. SDSU won @ USD by 15, NAU won @ USD by 6, difference of 9 pts. Seems like that should temper some of your "solid confidence", especially having to play on the road at nearly 7,000 ft when coming from 1,621.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Why bother using USD vs Big Sky and not common opponents? SDSU won @UND by 7, NAU won @UND by 21, difference of 14pts. SDSU won @ USD by 15, NAU won @ USD by 6, difference of 9 pts. Seems like that should temper some of your "solid confidence", especially having to play on the road at nearly 7,000 ft when coming from 1,621.

Not really. I know the final score is the final score. But if you have any illusions that that game with UND was as close as the score was you are kidding yourself. Also the way SDSU is playing at the moment is considerably better than they play then. And really I just dont think the Big Sky is that good ;) And didnt USD and NAU play in flagstaff? Plus USD didnt have their qb situation figured out when they played. Ask a USD fan who was better when they played....and they hate us.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM

Wow. Funny, but wow. Shots have been fired!xpopcornx

LeeshaJo
November 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Wow. Funny, but wow. Shots have been fired!xpopcornx

yeah that could go bad, quickly, in so many ways that I hope it keeps being ignored...lol

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Sidenote UND played @ NAU courtesy of unds website

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I can see SDSU winning this game in a shootout. I think this is a 37-34 win for the rabbits. I am hoping for a SDSU-EWU matchup in which I think SDSU has a decent chance of pulling off the upset. Even though I would like to eventually see EWU in Frisco, I don't see them in the stands unless they couldn't sell their ticket to a fan from a team that is actually playing in the game. I am temporarily on the SDSUxbandwagonx for this game.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Is the SDSU-NAU game going to be televised anywhere?

kalm
November 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Not really. I know the final score is the final score. But if you have any illusions that that game with UND was as close as the score was you are kidding yourself. Also the way SDSU is playing at the moment is considerably better than they play then. And really I just dont think the Big Sky is that good ;) And didnt USD and NAU play in flagstaff? Plus USD didnt have their qb situation figured out when they played. Ask a USD fan who was better when they played....and they hate us.

Don't forget the mighty Bears of UNC trailed UNI 13-6 heading into the 4th quarter.

KUlawJack
November 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Don't forget the mighty Bears of UNC trailed UNI 13-6 heading into the 4th quarter.

Now we're going a step removed from the teams actually involved in this game and applying the transitive property? Saturday cannot come fast enough.

MSUBobcat
November 25th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Sidenote UND played @ NAU courtesy of unds website

Ahh, correct, my bad!

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Ahh, correct, my bad!

Thats what I'm here for. People helping people.

DaBizon
November 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM
If NAU is smart, they will spend a lot of hours watching the NDSU-SDSU game tape. If they wanna win they need to stop Zenner, not just slow him down .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MSUBobcat
November 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Thats what I'm here for. People helping people.

xthumbsupx I'm in no way claiming an NAU win. Just stating that looking at common opponents, with pretty similar results, a solid confidence isn't evident.

You could ask a UND fan the same. UND had an opportunity to tie it at the end of the 4th before throwing an INT. UND was never in the game at NAU.

Just saying there's really nothing to suggest a guaranteed, runaway W for the Jacks of SD that alot of people are claiming.

centennial
November 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I think NAU is really going to struggle. I hope it is a competitive game but my mind tells me otherwise. MVFC is pulling for the jacks to blast NAU and EWU out.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 01:03 PM
NAU's defense is as good or better than SDSU's, and Bauman is right up there with Zenner as one of the best backs in FCS. Other than the usual MVFC overconfidence, I'm not sure why so many people aren't giving NAU a chance. Also keep in mind that the SDSU will be going from about 1,600 to above 7,000 ft for this one.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM
NAU's defense is as good or better than SDSU's, and Bauman is right up there with Zenner as one of the best backs in FCS. Other than the usual MVFC overconfidence, I'm not sure why so many people aren't giving NAU a chance. Also keep in mind that the SDSU will be going from about 1,600 to above 7,000 ft for this one.

Really!?!? BAHAHAHAHA.... Better use that excuse again when you come down in elevation when Montana comes to the FargoDome!

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Really!?!? BAHAHAHAHA.... Better use that excuse again when you come down in elevation when Montana comes to the FargoDome!

You aren't particularly bright, are you?

KUlawJack
November 25th, 2013, 01:23 PM

I think it will be a close game. SDSU's defense is playing pretty damn well, but falls into lulls and gives up big plays once in awhile. Not concerned about our offense putting up points. Special teams seems to be a crap shoot for SDSU each week. Some weeks, solid, other weeks bring boneheaded plays. I shouldn't have to be nervous about kickoff coverage and punt return like I am.

As for the elevation, I know a well-trusted physician, board-certified in pulmonary and critical care, who did his residency and a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, that says the elevation argument is bunk unless the players are planning to run a half marathon or have severe lung or heart conditions. I'll trust him.

Grizcountry420
November 25th, 2013, 01:23 PM

What hole do these guys crawl out of?

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM

Good one. I'm sorry you are correct. I ran the numbers and yes... yes, elevation will determine the winner of this game.

centennial
November 25th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I think it will be a close game. SDSU's defense is playing pretty damn well, but falls into lulls and gives up big plays once in awhile. Not concerned about our offense putting up points. Special teams seems to be a crap shoot for SDSU each week. Some weeks, solid, other weeks bring boneheaded plays. I shouldn't have to be nervous about kickoff coverage and punt return like I am.

As for the elevation, I know a well-trusted physician, board-certified in pulmonary and critical care, who did his residency and a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, that says the elevation argument is bunk unless the players are planning to run a half marathon or have severe lung or heart conditions. I'll trust him.
Elevation can make a difference but for trained athletes I wouldn't expect major problems. Maybe in the 4th quarter.

BisonHype!
November 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Elevation can make a difference but for trained athletes I wouldn't expect major problems. Maybe in the 4th quarter.

I am pretty sure if SDSU loses this game, nobody with be pointing to elevation being the reason for losing. Should be a good game though.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Good one. I'm sorry you are correct. I ran the numbers and yes... yes, elevation will determine the winner of this game.

I never said it would determine it, I said it could possibly be a factor. You should probably quit before you get farther behind.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Should be a very good game. Northern Arizona has a very sound, opportunistic, defense. They have scored an amazing amount of points this year. The NAU offense isn't great but their RB Bauman is. South Dakota State's RB Zenner is too. SD State has been up and down this season but are finishing strong. So I suspect the game will be close in the range of a 21-24 score. Elevation certainly won't dictate the outcome but it may be more of a factor than some realize, especially later in the game.

I'm not picking the winner here, though I am pulling for our Big Sky kin NAU. Whichever team get's their star RB rolling wins it, yet it should be a defensive struggle more than a shootout.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Should be a very good game. Northern Arizona has a very sound, opportunistic, defense. They have scored an amazing amount of points this year. The NAU offense isn't great but their RB Bauman is. South Dakota State's RB Zenner is too. SD State has been up and down this season but are finishing strong. So I suspect the game will be close in the range of a 21-24 score. Elevation certainly won't dictate the outcome but it may be more of a factor than some realize, especially later in the game.

I'm not picking the winner here, though I am pulling for our Big Sky kin NAU. Whichever team get's their star RB rolling wins it, yet it should be a defensive struggle more than a shootout.
Exactly this.

Catbooster
November 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Jacks over the Jacks has been done a few times, so I'll pick the blue and yellow team.

Even though I know it's hopeless for a Big Sky team to beat a team from the MVFC, I'll be rooting for NAU. I actually think this should be a good game. Good luck to both teams, no injuries.

jacksfan29
November 25th, 2013, 03:21 PM

Or drink a lot of alcohol. Elevation is not, and won't be an issue. Way way overhyped.

i_got_a_fever
November 25th, 2013, 03:41 PM

SDSU's defense has been opportunistic as well. Should be a great game.

SDSU

NAU

INT

Fumble Rec.

Def. TD

Blocked Kicks

TO Margin

+14

+7

aces1180
November 25th, 2013, 03:51 PM
SDSU 27
NAU 21

dbackjon
November 25th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'll go with the home team. Possibly the two best unseeded teams here.

I agree with this.

Going to be a tough game for both teams.

Hammerhead
November 25th, 2013, 04:13 PM

I'll take, why are all "big" conferences overrated? for $100.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/c9/8b/d6/c98bd6309fb7d9ca7a77fa81f3a045d5.jpg

KUlawJack
November 25th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I agree with this.

Going to be a tough game for both teams.

Do you guys have team message board? I haven't been able to find anything.

Darlinikki150
November 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I'm pulling for the Rabbits. I'm hoping they ground and pound NAU and by the 4th NAU is just physically to tired to compete. Will it happen? Prob not, SDSU defense will prob bend but I don't think break. Close game in the end with the Rabbits winning by a touchdown.

dbackjon
November 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM

Not a very active one - mostly some of the same posters here or at CS.com

http://www.bigskyfans.com/lumberjacks/viewforum.php?f=1

fencer24
November 25th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I am pretty sure if SDSU loses this game, nobody with be pointing to elevation being the reason for losing. Should be a good game though.

The thing about elevation is that when you go up quickly, your body needs time for your spleen to add red blood cells to carry the oxygen, this usually takes 48-72 hours, which is why Olympic athletes train at high altitudes. Sort of a penalty free blood doping. For a conditioned team, it may not make that big of a difference until later in the game. That is usually when we see teams huffing and puffing in the cold air and standing with their hands on their hips. And that is at the relatively low altitude of Missoula.
Not saying it's a determinative factor, but come the fourth quarter the Jrabbits are going to be at a disadvantage. If they score enough early on, it may not matter. But NAU has some darned good corners and safeties and their LBs aren't bad either. I could see the corners staying in man, which they can do very well, and letting the front 7 try to bang the ball away, just like they did to us. NAU's offense however, could be the saving grace for the Jrabbits.

dbackjon
November 25th, 2013, 04:52 PM

What is your message board?

frozennorth
November 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM
sdsufans.com

I think my official score prediction will be nau 28 sdsu 27

Grizo406
November 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM
IMO, NAU wins this one.

Both SDSU & NAU should be thankful they don't have SELA in their bracket!xcoffeex

frozennorth
November 25th, 2013, 05:14 PM
IMO, NAU wins this one.

Both SDSU & NAU should be thankful they don't have SELA in their bracket!xcoffeex

SDSU already beat sela....somehow

jacksfan29
November 25th, 2013, 05:57 PM
As the Whioux fans says, yep; we already beat SELA. Interestingly enough, we weren't a very good FB team at that time. Our defense was below average as the players adjusted to some new schemes being put in this year. Our QB was getting back into form after having thumb surgery and very little time behind center before the start of the season. We struggled early in the year, as evidenced by our, at one time 4 - 4 record. We are a very different team then we were at the time we played SELA, as are they. There transfer QB is one of the best in FCS.

As for the Whioux, just wondering how it feels to have former GWC mate SUU make the post season before the might UND?

IMO, NAU wins this one.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 06:23 PM
As for the Whioux, just wondering how it feels to have former GWC mate SUU make the post season before the might UND?
Prolly feel bout the same as the yoties do about the Jacks having as many playoff appearences as they have conference wins.

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM
He is far from a UND fan. And we are just fine, no finish line in college athletics. Will be around for awhile.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM

That never seemed to matter for Sam Houston. They love that elevation ****.

Red & Black
November 25th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Jacks over the Jacks has been done a few times, so I'll pick the blue and yellow team.

Even though I know it's hopeless for a Big Sky team to beat a team from the MVFC, I'll be rooting for NAU. I actually think this should be a good game. Good luck to both teams, no injuries.

Interesting. Eastern is 2-0 versus the MVFC in recent playoff competition. xcoffeex

I think NAU wins this one in a close game.

Catbooster
November 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Interesting. Eastern is 2-0 versus the MVFC in recent playoff competition. xcoffeex

I think NAU wins this one in a close game.

Hmmm....I need to learn to use emoticons better, I guess. Sarcasm doesn't always come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2013, 08:12 PM
SDSU has been playing really well the last 3 games. They are like NDSU in their physical play.

NAU is good and it will be a good game.

I'll take SDSU by a FG or TD.

Grizalltheway
November 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM

I'll respond with some anecdotal evidence since I used to be something resembling a trained athlete. Did 4 years of cross country and track and high school and was accustomed to running 5 or 6 miles a day at around 4,000 ft.

One year at the end of summer practice, our team had a running camp type deal up in the Pintlar mountains, which are around 7,000+. On every run we'd be sucking wind a mile or two into it, and there was a very noticeable difference.

There's a reason Olympic athletes go through the trouble of living/training in Colorado and whatnot.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I'll respond with some anecdotal evidence since I used to be something resembling a trained athlete. Did 4 years of cross country and track and high school and was accustomed to running 5 or 6 miles a day at around 4,000 ft.

One year at the end of summer practice, our team had a running camp type deal up in the Pintlar mountains, which are around 7,000+. On every run we'd be sucking wind a mile or two into it, and there was a very noticeable difference.

There's a reason Olympic athletes go through the trouble of living/training in Colorado and whatnot.

This is true for running long distance as an aerobic sport. Football not so much being that its an anaerobic sport.

clawman
November 25th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Also the way SDSU is playing at the moment is considerably better than they play then. And really I just dont think the Big Sky is that good ;) And didnt USD and NAU play in flagstaff? Plus USD didnt have their qb situation figured out when they played. Ask a USD fan who was better when they played....and they hate us.

Do you feel the SDSU offense has gained more through the season than other teams? Other teams practice too, other teams play games too, other teams gain experience too.

KUlawJack
November 25th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Do you feel the SDSU offense has gained more through the season than other teams? Other teams practice too, other teams play games too, other teams gain experience too.

Yes, but some teams regress, some get better, some simply maintain. I like the way our offense is playing right now. It's quite a bit better than the early part of the season when we were pretty one dimensional at times.

fencer24
November 25th, 2013, 10:02 PM
This is true for running long distance as an aerobic sport. Football not so much being that its an anaerobic sport.

Have you ever played football? Except for the kicker and maybe a pocket QB everyone is running.

KUlawJack
November 25th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Have you ever played football? Except for the kicker and maybe a pocket QB everyone is running.

In 5-6 second bursts. As I mentioned earlier, I'll believe the board certified physician's opinion on this subject.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 10:32 PM

Id bet dollars to doughnuts that I've played more ball than you skippy ;) And just google whether fb is aerobic or anaerobic. Funny how all the trainers and docs tend to say it shouldnt have much of an affect while the fans who have vastly more knowledge and training in the subject say it will be large. Unless ya got sickle cell it it shouldnt have a large affect.

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Just because running is involved doesnt make a sport aerobic

Thumper76
November 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM

Many teams progress more than others. To assume that every team develops at the same pace is moronic

Quig
November 25th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Although egriz has furiously swarmed any questioning of their seed. Very much appreciate the UM,MSU,EWU back up.

Grizzlies82
November 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
How did this thread become a darn quasi medical discussion???? This should be a darn good game and I hope I can watch it on TV.
Northern Arizona will be better than most MV folks believe. Then So. Dakota State has had their backs to the wall for weeks and is playing great ball at just the right time.
This should be a classic smash mouth game. Best of luck to the Lumberjacks. Represent the Big Sky well (and satisfy my curiosity as to how an EWU & NAU game would go)!

BCS Sucks
November 26th, 2013, 07:06 PM
This one will be close but i think NAU will win it and be off to play EWU

Thumper76
November 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM
This game has boiled down to SDSU being the MVFC's lone opportunity to prove itself past NDSU to a lot of people I think. Especially with all the back and forth with the Big Sky teams. Should be fun. If the MVFC is as tough as we say then SDSU needs to win at least this game if not this one AND EWU. It wouldnt be proof either way really IMHO but it will be used as such by many people.

Darlinikki150
November 26th, 2013, 07:48 PM
If SDSU doesn't win, the BSC will immediately state the MVFC is a one trick pony ala NDSU. I really hope the Rabbits can pull the win and get to EW and play tough defense and shut down that offense. Otherwise all our talk MVFC is gonna be boiled down to this years playoffs and imho it just won't be true. We are a strong conference its tough to play the gauntlet every year but we don't have much proof if only NDSU is succeeding.

Thumper76
November 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Gotta come through under the shiny lights against the best teams from the big 6 conferences. Other wins are expected over the OVC and others. Cant be the B1G and lose all the post season games against good competition. Cause all the good OOC wins against good teams are already forgotten. Playoff performance is everything.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Agreed

Ex Pat
November 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM
There is more ndsu/Montana smack than game discussion on this thread. Find a new thread gentlemen.

Thumper76
November 26th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Games between two run heavy teams are the easiest to analyze if ya ask me. Who has the best line? The better line will win every time. I know its a football cliche but its extremely pronounced in games like this. I like to think that the team who has had their line play the toughest front 7's throughout the year will win these battles, provided they stayed relatively healthy. I think SDSU has the advantage here having to face the likes of NDSU, UNI, SIU, and Nebraska. But NAU has to have a HELL of a line for Bauman to put up the stats he does, so its goinf to be interesting to watch. I think we will see whats what right out of the gate. Teams like these tend to want to smash you in the mouth right out of the gate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Should be a fun game to watch.

SDSU needs to keep 8-9 out of the box by having a consistent passing game. Probably for NAU also.

DJKyR0
November 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
There is more ndsu/Montana smack than game discussion on this thread. Find a new thread gentlemen.

God forbid the two teams end up meeting. AGS will likely implode.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2013, 09:49 PM
God forbid the two teams end up meeting. AGS will likely implode.

https://c.eblastengine.com/EmailImages/115083.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2013, 09:52 PM
If SDSU doesn't win, the BSC will immediately state the MVFC is a one trick pony ala NDSU. I really hope the Rabbits can pull the win and get to EW and play tough defense and shut down that offense. Otherwise all our talk MVFC is gonna be boiled down to this years playoffs and imho it just won't be true. We are a strong conference its tough to play the gauntlet every year but we don't have much proof if only NDSU is succeeding.

For that, I will gladly accept the royal butt****ing of my bracket.

Darlinikki150
November 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM
How tough is NAUs dline? Just wondering if they will be able to contain Zenner? Any insight guys...

Thumper76
November 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM
How tough is NAUs dline? Just wondering if they will be able to contain Zenner? Any insight guys...

What do you get when you cross an elephant, a hippo, and a rhinocerous?

A helephino (sound it out)

Beats the **** outta me anybody able to answer this without this becoming another conference pisssing match?

Darlinikki150
November 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM
What do you get when you cross an elephant, a hippo, and a rhinocerous?

A helephino (sound it out)

Beats the **** outta me anybody able to answer this without this becoming another conference pisssing match?

Then don't answer it bro. I haven't seen NAU play, so its a logical question. I will just look it up yo, and we can just read this thread and never post on it again for fear it becomes a pissing match.

Darlinikki150
November 26th, 2013, 10:44 PM
So the stats are NAU in the BSC is giving up 4.4yrds average. And Zenner is gaining 5.5 in the MVFC so looks like a yard difference. Should be an interesting match up if the SDSU oline can play as good as they have been lately.

Thumper76
November 26th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Then don't answer it bro. I haven't seen NAU play, so its a logical question. I will just look it up yo, and we can just read this thread and never post on it again for fear it becomes a pissing match.

Wow bad time of the month nikki? Jesus. I dont know either. Fun fact. Not every response to a bison fan is an attack.

What i was trying to get across was is there anybody who will answer without saying well because they played in the x conference they are soft or tough. Good grief it was a joke woman. Go make a sammich or somethin ;)

BTW thats a joke as well....

Darlinikki150
November 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Wow bad time of the month nikki? Jesus. I dont know either. Fun fact. Not every response to a bison fan is an attack.

What i was trying to get across was is there anybody who will answer without saying well because they played in the x conference they are soft or tough. Good grief it was a joke woman. Go make a sammich or somethin ;)

BTW thats a joke as well....

I looked up my own answers bro so no worries. And don't ask if its my time of the month, that's just rude. Perhaps I should have phrased the question differently, like where does NAU rank in run defense, 36th overall and 4th BSC. So they aren't great, but they aren't terrible. Which I think favors SDSU in game since they have Zenner.

Is that better Thumper ;)

Thumper76
November 26th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I looked up my own answers bro so no worries. And don't ask if its my time of the month, that's just rude. Perhaps I should have phrased the question differently, like where does NAU rank in run defense, 36th overall and 4th BSC. So they aren't great, but they aren't terrible. Which I think favors SDSU in game since they have Zenner.

Is that better Thumper ;)

Yep a lot better. The bro phrasing you use comes off just as rude. Especially since I am the only person I have seen you use it towards.

Anywho. I dont take the numbers at face value. Tons of factors can inflate or deflate them. Mostly who they play. If they are ahead a lot, if they play in a run or pass heavy conference, do they pass a lot themselves.

Thats why I try to see what people who have seen them play or what common opponenta have to say. Just my .02

344Johnson
November 26th, 2013, 11:41 PM

As a young man who wrestled, obviously short duration matches, but significantly higher intensity exercise than football, I disagree. I got cramps at a tourney in Denver that I never got before, and have not gotten since.

I would think in football it would be less severe because you get a break every 5-10 seconds.

Grizzlies82
November 26th, 2013, 11:49 PM

I don't have the stats but speaking solely from watching them in three games... NAU's defense is its strong point. They have fair size and very good talent. Against So. Dakota State they will probably stack the box to stop Zenner and then let their Dbacks play man on the receivers. They have the athletes to pull that off. So yes, they CAN contain Zenner. Though it remains to be seen if they will. The most impressive stat is the NAU defense has scored eight (?) touchdowns this year. That many points is an awesome feat for any defense to accomplish.

The NAU offense isn't a high scoring one but they have a big time threat. I believe their RB Bauman is just as dangerous as Zenner. No I haven't compared their numbers, so forgive me if those aren't close. I'm just going off observation. Bauman can easily rack up a 200 plus yard game when he is "on". By Big Sky standards their QB is only adequate. He can hurt you but he's not a six touchdown kind of guy. So you can expect a strong running game balanced with enough passing to keep SDSU honest.

Northern Arizona has a very good team this year but they're not what I'd describe as dangerous. Their offense isn't built to play catch up (probably like SDSU) so the best way to beat them (both teams?) is getting a two score lead then grinding off the clock keeping the ball out of their hands. "Getting a two score lead" is the best way to beat any team, yet it is more effective on some teams than others. Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect without the usual smack attacks.

Darlinikki150
November 27th, 2013, 12:08 AM
I don't have the stats but speaking solely from watching them in three games... NAU's defense is its strong point. They have fair size and very good talent. Against So. Dakota State they will probably stack the box to stop Zenner and then let their Dbacks play man on the receivers. They have the athletes to pull that off. So yes, they CAN contain Zenner. Though it remains to be seen if they will. The most impressive stat is the NAU defense has scored eight (?) touchdowns this year. That many points is an awesome feat for any defense to accomplish.

The NAU offense isn't a high scoring one but they have a big time threat. I believe their RB Bauman is just as dangerous as Zenner. No I haven't compared their numbers, so forgive me if those aren't close. I'm just going off observation. Bauman can easily rack up a 200 plus yard game when he is "on". By Big Sky standards their QB is only adequate. He can hurt you but he's not a six touchdown kind of guy. So you can expect a strong running game balanced with enough passing to keep SDSU honest.

Northern Arizona has a very good team this year but they're not what I'd describe as dangerous. Their offense isn't built to play catch up (probably like SDSU) so the best way to beat them (both teams?) is getting a two score lead then grinding off the clock keeping the ball out of their hands. "Getting a two score lead" is the best way to beat any team, yet it is more effective on some teams than others. Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect without the usual smack attacks.

I did see NAU TOP was over 32 min per game, that's NDSU territory so they have to be able to run their offense pretty effectively. I just have to be curious if a # 36 defense can hold Zenner. He's a very effective running back behind that oline. I just really want them to win lol. I hate bye weeks lol

Thumper76
November 27th, 2013, 02:11 AM

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the info!

Thumper76
November 27th, 2013, 02:16 AM
I did see NAU TOP was over 32 min per game, that's NDSU territory so they have to be able to run their offense pretty effectively. I just have to be curious if a # 36 defense can hold Zenner. He's a very effective running back behind that oline. I just really want them to win lol. I hate bye weeks lol

You and me both on all counts. SDSU is playing way above their season #'s right now so it'll be fun to see what happens. As long as State doesnt lay an egg and come out flat ill b happy.

penguinpower
November 27th, 2013, 04:16 AM
SDSU is going to wreck NAU

Winindy
November 27th, 2013, 08:33 AM
SDSU is going to wreck NAU

It really depends on which SDSU shows up. Which Sumner is going to show up? NAU is going to stick 8 in the box. Can Sumner be efficient when they do? Sumner wasn't efficient with his passing in their losses.

In their 4 losses Sumner completed about 53% of his passes and took almost 5 sacks a game. In their 8 wins Sumner completed about 74% of his passes and took about 3 sacks per game. Zenner was pretty consistant in all his games with the exception of the NDSU game where he only had 8 opportunities for 5 yards. But in the 8 wins he averaged 6.1 ypc, in the 4 losses he was at 5.2. If you can rush for 5.2 ypc, you should be able to find a way to win.

Teams play a lot of 1 deep safety on SDSU and stack 8 and sometime 9 in the box on them. Sumner looks deep too often imo. Sure you need to stretch the d occasionally, but if he just takes the easier routes and completes passes on the seams and flats their offense is tough to beat. Just keep the ball moving. Take the easy routes on 1st and 2nd downs. Incompletions kill drives.

THE HERD
November 27th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I've watched both Baumann and Zenner and while both are very good backs I think Baumann is a little more of a juke and jive(shiffty) type back, to where as Zenner is a one cut and go type. I would say Zenner has more straight line speed, that is why you need a stellar run defense or he will break at least one or two big time runs on you. He hits a crease and he is gone......I'm sure most have seen him out run secondarys from Nebraska, Kansas, etc. He is a very north to south runner, no wasted movement. A defense needs to be extremely disciplined to shut him down otherwise he will gash you. I would be shocked if he didn't put up 120 or more yards in this game. The bottom line is whichever back has the best day, that is the team that will get the W.

NorCalJack
November 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
It really depends on which SDSU shows up. Which Sumner is going to show up? NAU is going to stick 8 in the box. Can Sumner be efficient when they do? Sumner wasn't efficient with his passing in their losses.

In their 4 losses Sumner completed about 53% of his passes and took almost 5 sacks a game. In their 8 wins Sumner completed about 74% of his passes and took about 3 sacks per game. Zenner was pretty consistant in all his games with the exception of the NDSU game where he only had 8 opportunities for 5 yards. But in the 8 wins he averaged 6.1 ypc, in the 4 losses he was at 5.2. If you can rush for 5.2 ypc, you should be able to find a way to win.

Teams play a lot of 1 deep safety on SDSU and stack 8 and sometime 9 in the box on them. Sumner looks deep too often imo. Sure you need to stretch the d occasionally, but if he just takes the easier routes and completes passes on the seams and flats their offense is tough to beat. Just keep the ball moving. Take the easy routes on 1st and 2nd downs. Incompletions kill drives.

You have to remember that last year he played with a dislocation thumb in his throwing hand and had surgery this off season. It takes a long time to build up strength in the thumb to throw the ball correctly. Teams began to figure out that if they put 8 in the box that Sumner was not going to beat them. They were right and SDSU had a rough stretch and lost 4 games in that stretch. But now he is able to throw the ball again like he did his freshman year.

I know NAU has a really good defense and will give the Jackrabbits offense a difficult time but I hope State can move the ball on them most of the time.

KUlawJack
November 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I've watched both Baumann and Zenner and while both are very good backs I think Baumann is a little more of a juke and jive(shiffty) type back, to where as Zenner is a one cut and go type. I would say Zenner has more straight line speed, that is why you need a stellar run defense or he will break at least one or two big time runs on you. He hits a crease and he is gone......I'm sure most have seen him out run secondarys from Nebraska, Kansas, etc. He is a very north to south runner, no wasted movement. A defense needs to be extremely disciplined to shut him down otherwise he will gash you. I would be shocked if he didn't put up 120 or more yards in this game. The bottom line is whichever back has the best day, that is the team that will get the W.

According to the announcers on YSU's broadcast last Saturday, ZZ doesn't have break away speed, and isn't the type of back to run away from anyone. Seriously, they said this. They'd obviously never seen him play before.

jacksfan29
November 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Football is a anaerobic sport. It is very different then long distance running. I get weary of those who live below 7000 ranting on and on about elevation. There are some who believe there is minimal affect unless you are over 7700 feet. If a team stays hydrated there really should be minimal affect in a FB game. The biggest risk is dehydration and cramps due to dehydration.

Oh, and I do live at elevation. Just under 9,000 feet. I've done long distance running and riding. I've trained for Ironman and distance MB racing where all my training was over 7,770 feet. We have a High Altitude studies at Western State and it is their data many of us who live and train locally use in our training. I live and train well over Flagstaff's elevation. But your right, why? You live under 5,000 feet in Montana. Sheesh. I

'll give you some anecdotal evidence so you can wrap your brain around it. If elevation was such a HUGE factor, why is NAU not viewed as a athletic powerhouse? For that matter why is Western State not a powerhouse playing all their home games at 7,700 feet? Simple, most Olympic sports outside of distance racing on the track and XC are ANAEROBIC. Now, if you want to talk XC. Both Western in D2 and NAU in D1 are highly regarded programs. Think about it, aerobic v anaerobic. Get it?

Elevation IS NOT A FACTOR and WILL NOT BE AN EXCUSE!

THE HERD
November 27th, 2013, 10:36 AM
According to the announcers on YSU's broadcast last Saturday, ZZ doesn't have break away speed, and isn't the type of back to run away from anyone. Seriously, they said this. They'd obviously never seen him play before.

Thats hilarious! Most of the time if ZZ comes across the line of scrimmage without being touched, he is gone or its a 50plus yard gain. He is one of those guys that does not look fast when he is out there warming up, but he is. I would say the only reason the Bison shut him down is because it was rare for him not to be hit at or behind the line of scrimmage.....he really never got that nice crease to burst through.

Winindy
November 27th, 2013, 11:25 AM
If I've learned anything from watching 40 years of football, I've learned from announcers that white guys can't be fast or athletic, they are powerful on occasion. They are "smart" players (even the dumb ones) or have great technique and usually a hard work ethic to make up for their lack of gifts. The black guys can't be smart players, because they have "southern speed" and athleticism to rely on (even the smart ones).

KUlawJack
November 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thats hilarious! Most of the time if ZZ comes across the line of scrimmage without being touched, he is gone or its a 50plus yard gain. He is one of those guys that does not look fast when he is out there warming up, but he is. I would say the only reason the Bison shut him down is because it was rare for him not to be hit at or behind the line of scrimmage.....he really never got that nice crease to burst through.

There was absolutely no room to run that day.NDSU's LBs were coming downhill at the snap, fitting the gaps. I'd have to go back and watch, but there may not be a play where ZZ wasn't hit at the line or behind it. Plus, NDSU's D line was whipping our O-line's ass almost every play.

Winindy
November 27th, 2013, 11:33 AM
There was absolutely no room to run that day.NDSU's LBs were coming downhill at the snap, fitting the gaps. I'd have to go back and watch, but there may not be a play where ZZ wasn't hit at the line or behind it. Plus, NDSU's D line was whipping our O-line's ass almost every play.

I think Heagle was 2nd on the team in tackles that day. He's like having an extra LB on the field. He makes plays in the backfield on running teams that try and stretch NDSU sideline to sideline. He's one of the main reasons NDSU stuffs the option. He is an absolute beast and has been since day one. If you want to run the ball on the Bison, you have to neutralize Heagle. Haven't seen anyone really do it.

fmrbearkat
November 27th, 2013, 11:45 AM

You think its an excuse until you get there! 7k feet is up there and playing a 60 min football game and at playoff intensity no less will kick your ass!! Weather is not a good excuse in my opinion its more of a mindset! When your body is not getting as much oxygen in your blood you wear out quicker! Something like 24% less oxygen makes it into your system at 7k feet...only way to play at the same level that high is to train at that altitude. It's a big factor especially in the 2nd half. If SDSU has oxygen tanks on the sidelines it shouldn't be as much of a factor.

fmrbearkat
November 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Id bet dollars to doughnuts that I've played more ball than you skippy ;) And just google whether fb is aerobic or anaerobic. Funny how all the trainers and docs tend to say it shouldnt have much of an affect while the fans who have vastly more knowledge and training in the subject say it will be large. Unless ya got sickle cell it it shouldnt have a large affect.

You ever played at 7k feet skippy??? I've played in the sun bowl which is around 4k feet and in Flagstaff and the difference in 4k feet and 7k feet is tremendously!!! I don't give 2 ****s what a doctor or fan says unless they have actually played a 60 min college football game at 7k feet and felt personally how it effected them then their opinion is worthless!

KUlawJack
November 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
You ever played at 7k feet skippy??? I've played in the sun bowl which is around 4k feet and in Flagstaff and the difference in 4k feet and 7k feet is tremendously!!! I don't give 2 ****s what a doctor or fan says unless they have actually played a 60 min college football game at 7k feet and felt personally how it effected them then their opinion is worthless!

With due respect to your experience, a physician who has studied the issue may have some ground on which to stand. I wouldn't say such an opinion is worthless.

Grizzlies82
November 27th, 2013, 02:17 PM
With due respect to your experience, a physician who has studied the issue may have some ground on which to stand. I wouldn't say such an opinion is worthless.

Does South Dakota State have a football team or just medical opinions?
To get this back on track, why don't one of you Rabbit fans share something about that team besides having a back named Zenner.
I'm threatening if one of you don't do that I may start that thread titled "The Jack Off Bowl". So don't make me do it! xtroublex

KUlawJack
November 27th, 2013, 02:28 PM
To get this back on track, why don't one of you Rabbit fans share something about that team besides having a back named Zenner.
I'm threatening if one of you don't do that I my start that thread titled "The Jack Off Bowl". Don't make me do it! xtroublex

Ha! I'm a lawyer. What do you expect from me? We rely on the experts.

As for our team, Sumner is playing much better than earlier in the season. His hand is getting back to full strength finally, which is good. Our top playmaker at receiver is Jason Schneider. 6'5" 220, big dude. We have a couple burners at WR too, but they've had much less of an impact this season than what some of us hoped. Schneider has been outstanding. We lost our big playmaking TE for the season due to a foot injury in the middle of the year. Our O-Line is big and experienced, but banged up at the guard position. However, we have quite a bit of depth and have been able to weather the storm. As you mentioned, everyone knows about ZZ.

On defense, we changed our scheme over the summer, so it has taken some time for the players to get used to it, I think. D line has been playing well as of late. We start a true freshman at NT. Our two DEs are really good players. LBs are led by senior RC Kilgore. He's waited his turn and has produced this year. Our secondary can be spotty, but we have a couple young guys at CB that are solid and a senior CB who is good too. Safety play has been questionable, but has come on as of late. Its the position on defense that gives me the most heartburn. We've created a ton of turnovers this year, something like 28, and have 4 defensive TDs or something.

Special teams - we never know what we're going to get it seems. We struggled on PR at the beginning of the season, but we've shored that up and have had some big plays out of the PR game in the latter part of the season. Kickoff cover has been atrocious at times. We have a really good punter. Our placekicking, usually a real strength, has taken a backslide in recent weeks. Hopefully that will be shored up. We've left too many points on the field lately in the kicking game. We have blocked 8 kicks this year.

If we play with limited mistakes, i.e., no turnovers, limited penalties, we'll win with our running game, and bend but don't break D. If we put ourselves in a hole and don't play clean, i.e., turnovers and penalties, we'll have a tough time digging out.

Grizzlies82
November 27th, 2013, 02:44 PM

As for our team, Sumner is playing much better than earlier in the season. His hand is getting back to full strength finally, which is good. Our top playmaker at receiver is Jason Schneider. 6'5" 220, big dude. We have a couple burners at WR too, but they've had much less of an impact this season than what some of us hoped. Schneider has been outstanding. We lost our big playmaking TE for the season due to a foot injury in the middle of the year. Our O-Line is big and experienced, but banged up at the guard position. However, we have quite a bit of depth and have been able to weather the storm. As you mentioned, everyone knows about ZZ.

On defense, we changed our scheme over the summer, so it has taken some time for the players to get used to it, I think. D line has been playing well as of late. We start a freshman at NT. Our two DEs are really good players. LBs are led by senior RC Kilgore. He's waited his turn and has produced this year. Our secondary can be spotty, but we have a couple young guys at CB that are solid and a senior CB who is good too. Safety play has been questionable, but has come on as of late. Its the position on defense that gives me the most heartburn. We've created a ton of turnovers this year, something like 28, and have 4 defensive TDs or something.

Special teams - we never know what we're going to get it seems. We struggled on PR at the beginning of the season, but we've shored that up and have had some big plays out of the PR game in the latter part of the season. Kickoff cover has been atrocious at times. We have a really good punter. Our placekicking, usually a real strength, has taken a backslide in recent weeks. Hopefully that will be shored up. We've left too many points on the field lately in the kicking game. We have blocked 8 kicks this year.

If we play with limited mistakes, i.e., no turnovers, limited penalties, we'll win with our running game, and bend but don't break D. If we put ourselves in a hole and don't play clean, i.e., turnovers and penalties, we'll have a tough time digging out.

Thank you. Nice review of your team. In your summary, two things jumps out at me, "created a ton of turnovers", and "We have blocked 8 kicks this year". If this game is as I expect, a close, lower scoring game then both may prove to be a crucial factor in the outcome. As I pointed out about NAU, their defense has been impressive on the turnovers as well. I have no idea if they've had success with blocked punts & kicks. Also, since both schools feature quality RBs, it sounds like the real X factor may be how sharp each team's QB is throwing. Thanks again.

fmrbearkat
November 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM

On defense, we changed our scheme over the summer, so it has taken some time for the players to get used to it, I think. D line has been playing well as of late. We start a true freshman at NT. Our two DEs are really good players. LBs are led by senior RC Kilgore. He's waited his turn and has produced this year. Our secondary can be spotty, but we have a couple young guys at CB that are solid and a senior CB who is good too. Safety play has been questionable, but has come on as of late. Its the position on defense that gives me the most heartburn. We've created a ton of turnovers this year, something like 28, and have 4 defensive TDs or something.

Jjust like a lawyer to trust a professional over the victim :-)! As far as the game goes I think Zenner gets them early and puts it away before the big uglies get worn out. Thing about Zenner I noticed during the Nebraska game was he runs very much like Terrell Davis or Larry Csonka. Very much one cut and straight up field. Kids now a days aren't use to tackling guys that run down hill with a mission! They are used to the jukes and jives and it lets them get away with arm and ankle tackling. One of the major reasons Adrian Peterson is so successful right now. If I were the Washington redskins I would be looking for Zenner come round 6! The only question is will the SDSU defend show up enough to stop the running game! Can SDSU beat NAU with the pass or will 8-9 in the box and man coverage be enough to stop Zenner? Are the NAU Qb and receivers good enough to connect on the big plays in the 2nd half because they will be there once the SDSU defense gets worn down some.

KUlawJack
November 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Jjust like a lawyer to trust a professional over the victim :-)! As far as the game goes I think Zenner gets them early and puts it away before the big uglies get worn out. Thing about Zenner I noticed during the Nebraska game was he runs very much like Terrell Davis or Larry Csonka. Very much one cut and straight up field. Kids now a days aren't use to tackling guys that run down hill with a mission! They are used to the jukes and jives and it lets them get away with arm and ankle tackling. One of the major reasons Adrian Peterson is so successful right now. If I were the Washington redskins I would be looking for Zenner come round 6! The only question is will the SDSU defend show up enough to stop the running game! Can SDSU beat NAU with the pass or will 8-9 in the box and man coverage be enough to stop Zenner? Are the NAU Qb and receivers good enough to connect on the big plays in the 2nd half because they will be there once the SDSU defense gets worn down some.

All good questions. If the defense can stay off the field, meaning three and outs and long sustained drives by our offense like at YSU, our chances go up significantly. Captain Obvious, I know. We had the ball for over 40 minutes against YSU. If you watched the game, you could actually see YSU's spirit break early in the second half. It felt like what NDSU does to teams. Its rather satisfying.

gotts
November 27th, 2013, 05:26 PM
If I've learned anything from watching 40 years of football, I've learned from announcers that white guys can't be fast or athletic, they are powerful on occasion. They are "smart" players (even the dumb ones) or have great technique and usually a hard work ethic to make up for their lack of gifts. The black guys can't be smart players, because they have "southern speed" and athleticism to rely on (even the smart ones).

Exactly.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/kevin-love-wins-white-guy-award-from-nba-executives-1450148792

Bison56
November 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Maybe you werent in very good shape. xsmugx

fmrbearkat
November 27th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Maybe you werent in very good shape. xsmugx

Hey now....round is the most popular shape in the world!!! xthumbsupx

clawman
November 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
In the playoffs last year was Zenner kind of a non factor?

NorCalJack
November 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Well I went back and looked at how the University of South Dakota faded in the second half of their game against NAU played earlier this year.

The first half NAU out gained USD 166 yards to 10 yards. (USD played like crap that first half)

In the second half USD out gained NAU 274 yards to 177 yards.

So I don't really understand this talk about how a team from South Dakota will fade in the second half due to the high elevation.

mmiller_34
November 27th, 2013, 10:01 PM

He had like 290 yards rushing and a couple TDs against Eastern Illlinois (first round) in 3 quarters.

Not it a factor against NDSU, no ones RB really is against them.

EDiT: went and officially checked the numbers in the first round game..

33 carries & 1 reception, 302 total yards, scoring 3 TDs. Didn't play the fourth quarter.

Kemo
November 28th, 2013, 12:13 AM

Highlights of last year's playoff game against Eastern Illinois:

http://vimeo.com/54411452

buffalobill
November 28th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Be nice to see a Bison vs Jackrabbit final. The Dakotas would own Frisco TX. Limited chance for both teams to make it, but it would verify strength of MVFC.:)

KUlawJack
November 28th, 2013, 01:09 AM

Against NDSU, 45 yards or so. Against EIU 290 in 3 quarters or so.

Thumper76
November 28th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Against NDSU, 45 yards or so. Against EIU 290 in 3 quarters or so.

NDSU is the only team to hold him in check. Including nebraska.

word
November 28th, 2013, 04:39 AM
This is a proven fact.....zz for 211 against nau.

Wallace
November 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Both teams could have gotten a seed and they both needed to see the Jack's off. I see SDSU winning by 10+ points and then upsetting EWU and then upsetting my cowboys.

I think this is about right but none would be upsets.

goyotes
November 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Terry Vandrovec, SDSU beat writer for the Argus Leader, interviewed the Yotes head coach, Joe Glenn, for his thoughts on the game. Here is a link to his blog http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/post/68353526751/glenn-breaks-down-nau

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Should be a really good game and I'd be very surprised if either team gets beat by more than one score. I'll go with NAU just to provide a little balance to the MVFC hubris and mythology.

Good one Sir, I would hate to see the MVFC hubris and mythology you speak of if they were actually as good as the CAA was in that seven year window when they dominated the FCS.

100%GRIZ
November 28th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Sorry to go out of Conference but got to go with the flat land farm boys in this one by 10! Score 30-20.

jacksfan29
November 28th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I'm threatening if one of you don't do that I may start that thread titled "The Jack Off Bowl". So don't make me do it! xtroublex

I don't know, I find it kind of funny that it is SDSU fans who are poo pooing an excuse that others seem to want to give us in the event we lose.

As for our team, KU gave it a great shot. We have a bend but don't break opportunistic defense and an offense that is far more balanced then many give us credit for. Our QB, Sumner was the offensive freshman of the year two years ago. He broke his thumb, had surgery and is really just getting back to full strength. He is smart, big and as of lately makes very few mistakes. He has become very efficient at running an offense that, if you don't stop the run; will regularly pound a defense into the ground by putting together long sustained drives.

As for Zenner, most know he is a straight ahead runner. He puts on very few moves till he is 4 - 5 yards downfield. I noticed in a SUU v NAU clip Bauman is a dancer. Zenner is the opposite but to say he has no moves is incorrect. He just waits till he has hit the hole at which point, once downfield he will make a db or lb look foolish. Oh, and he has very good speed. Once he breaks loose you will not be catching him. The only team who has stopped him in the past two seasons is NDSU. He ran rough shod over Nebraska this year. And against EIU in last years playoffs... lets just say he could have run for 400 if our coaching staff had wanted him to.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
SDSU goes into the 4th qtr with a huge lead and............................................... .............................oh wrong season wrong team.

SDSU 31
NAU 20

smoothjack
November 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
SDSU goes into the 4th qtr with a huge lead and............................................... .............................oh wrong season wrong team.

SDSU 31
NAU 20

Low Blow

Grizalltheway
November 29th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Low Blow

I think I've got the highlights around here somewhere if you'd like to relive it...:D

goyotes
November 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I think I've got the highlights around here somewhere if you'd like to relive it...:D I would much rather see those highlights than a late game kickoff return.

Back to the elevation concerns, I believe SDSU is arriving in Flagstaff at 9 AM Friday and they don't play until 7 PM Saturday. Sounds like they would have preferred to stay at a lower elevation tonight, but couldn't find adequate lodging.

Grizzlies82
November 29th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I would much rather see those highlights than a late game kickoff return.

Back to the elevation concerns, I believe SDSU is arriving in Flagstaff at 9 AM Friday and they don't play until 7 PM Saturday. Sounds like they would have preferred to stay at a lower elevation tonight, but couldn't find adequate lodging.

They couldn't find any rooms in Phoenix (elevation 1,100 feet, apx 85 miles south of Flagstaff)?
I guess they don't believe in Joe Glenn's philosophy of fly in, play, and get out. Or, perhaps they wanted a practice day in the dome.

Kemo
November 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
They couldn't find any rooms in Phoenix (elevation 1,100 feet, apx 85 miles south of Flagstaff)?
I guess they don't believe in Joe Glenn's philosophy of fly in, play, and get out. Or, perhaps they wanted a practice day in the dome.
The quote from SDSU beat writer Terry Vandrovec's blog (http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/) says:

"Coach John Stiegelmeier said that the Jacks looked into staying outside of Flagstaff in order to avoid spending extra time in the thin air, but were unable to find a hotel that could accommodate everybody."

So the way I'm reading it is that the team wanted to stay together in the same hotel/complex and couldn't find that in Phoenix, which makes sense with that many people on such short notice.

Squealofthepig
November 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM
So the way I'm reading it is that the team wanted to stay together in the same hotel/complex and couldn't find that in Phoenix, which makes sense with that many people on such short notice.

That's how I read that too; Phoenix is a huge city with a ton of hotels, but if you've ever helped set up a conference there, you know getting rooms for 100+ people on short notice is next to impossible.

Theee Catrabbit
November 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Fine. After a little study. The undersized Oline of NAU is going to get pulped, our DLine is pretty full strength, athletic and pretty much bigger or the same size, and our True Freshman Langer has it figured out now after the full season, kid is a flat out stud with not only the pedigree but the plays to back it(Grandson of NFL Hall of Famer and former Jackrabbit Jim Langer, see undefeated Dolphins). Linebackers have stepped up finally in what has always been an SDSU strength, they have been laying licks and intercepting everything that is thrown their way. Corners are very good(one of them even hails from AZ, I think we have 7 AZ players). Sumner has been very good lately and our Receiving corps has really stepped up now(or looks good because of Sumner's increased accuracy). Sumner had to relearn how to grip the ball, so that took some time, decisions and throws have become more accurate as he has gotten more use to it. If you look at our losses Nebraska(tough one), NDSU(it was 7-0 going into the 4th QTR), Missouri State(They got hot at the right time and ripped off 3 or 4 wins in a row, and they always have given us fits down there for some reason) and SIU by a field goal, they are all either stupid or near misses, happens in football. The Nebraska game we hung for a little while, just could not stop Abdullah and Armstrong, they are truly above FCS athleticism. Zenner ran for 206 yds, coaches benched him in the third after it got out of hand and he got dinged a little. But our Oline was manhandling the Huskers, and we ran for 273 total yards. Our Oline is MIDWESTERN LARGE. Played NDSU the next week. That's a tough load two weeks in a row, but that's football. Yes we have Zenner, personally I like to play up Zenner, because I like everybody to forget about everybody else on the team. Oh and he's really F$%%%#$ing awesome! He is speed and power, very rarely does he get negative yardage. NDSU has been the only team to really stop him.
About our wins: UND, here will be NAU's hope.....Stig's ability to not have a killer instinct(see Montana Playoffs, 5 years ago), he just simply cares too much about sportsmanship, blow them out of the water by 55 and leave the bodies lying where they fall. It's frustrating. SELA great game, really showed what happens when you play mistake free and opportunistic football, beat them by 8; Butler=They suck! OT win over UNI, was a good win! USD was a rivalry game, we simply aren't going to lose for a while. YSU was win or lose in the snow and cold.....come on...we are going to win that every time....and then make snow angels on your home field. Ind State=awful without Bell, mediocre with him. WIU is an alright team.
We are 2-1 vs playoff teams in the field: W=SELA, BUTLER, L=Prohibitive Favorite NDSU, we'd like another crack at them.
Our special teams has been an adventure all year. Coverage has been good though. Extra points, FG's, and returns have been.....how do I put this....not good....I don't think we have lost a game really because of them...but they haven't necessarily helped the cause out.

But all of this is just mental masturbation the game starts in 6 or 7 hours, and these message boards become (more) irrelevant.

underdawg
November 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Is NAU as powerhouse a team as Layfayette? New Hampshire get's worse than a dog to play and they put a much better team than NH against the MVFC second team---Your moron committee at work.

Theee Catrabbit
November 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
There is a difference in elevations as far as I am concerned. I just don't know if that applies in a Dome where air is pumped in, I would think that there would be a difference than playing in just open air. They always used to make such a big deal about it in Denver games but you hardly hear about it anymore. Early hydration is definitely a key, no caffeine, etc. I went from South Dakota to high Rockies and was in fairly good shape at the time, it can get you a little bit. Of course this was 3000 feet higher than Flagstaff. If we look gassed in the 2nd qtr, then could be trouble, if we look gassed in the 4th...then that's just a football game.
Not many claim elevation as a reason for losing the Game That Shall Not Be Named. Most say we let the foot off the gas and got complacent.

Theee Catrabbit
November 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Is NAU as powerhouse a team as Layfayette? New Hampshire get's worse than a dog to play and they put a much better team than NH against the MVFC second team---Your moron committee at work.

It is what it is at this point. It all shakes out in the end...probably. As long as EWU does what it's supposed to do and NDSU does what it's supposed to do, in most minds the bracket worked. You have to beat somebody at some point to win this thing. NDSU will have to beat somebody eventually. IMO the winner of the EWU v SDSU/NAU game waltzes into the Champeenship!

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM
There is a difference in elevations as far as I am concerned. I just don't know if that applies in a Dome where air is pumped in, I would think that there would be a difference than playing in just open air. They always used to make such a big deal about it in Denver games but you hardly hear about it anymore. Early hydration is definitely a key, no caffeine, etc. I went from South Dakota to high Rockies and was in fairly good shape at the time, it can get you a little bit. Of course this was 3000 feet higher than Flagstaff. If we look gassed in the 2nd qtr, then could be trouble, if we look gassed in the 4th...then that's just a football game.
Not many claim elevation as a reason for losing the Game That Shall Not Be Named. Most say we let the foot off the gas and got complacent.

Umm...where do you think they're pumping the air in from?

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2013, 12:33 PM

What are you talking about as far as air being pumped in the dome?? The oxygen is the same at see level or 60k feet up. The difference is the pressure level. The higher you go up the pressure decreases and your body is not able to intake as much oxygen into the blood as at sea level. The difference in sea level vs 7k feet is roughly 24% less viable oxygen for a body. The only way the dome would help would be if it was airtight and pressurized like a jet. As a pilot of a small non pressurized plane its something we have to learn. Pilots are fine up to 12k feet and if we go above that for 30 min or more we have to wear oxygen masks. My wife is pregnant as well and I've had to stay below 6k feet for her safety the last few trips. Not required for pregnancy but it is highly recommended. A pilot is sitting on his but though not exerting himself. It may not matter but if SDSU's line is as big as claimed above those boys will be hurting by the 4th qtr. As a fan you will probably be able to tell a difference in the way they are standing in the huddle and on the sidelines.

fencer24
November 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
What are you talking about as far as air being pumped in the dome?? The oxygen is the same at see level or 60k feet up. The difference is the pressure level. The higher you go up the pressure decreases and your body is not able to intake as much oxygen into the blood as at sea level. The difference in sea level vs 7k feet is roughly 24% less viable oxygen for a body. The only way the dome would help would be if it was airtight and pressurized like a jet. As a pilot of a small non pressurized plane its something we have to learn. Pilots are fine up to 12k feet and if we go above that for 30 min or more we have to wear oxygen masks. My wife is pregnant as well and I've had to stay below 6k feet for her safety the last few trips. Not required for pregnancy but it is highly recommended. A pilot is sitting on his but though not exerting himself. It may not matter but if SDSU's line is as big as claimed above those boys will be hurting by the 4th qtr. As a fan you will probably be able to tell a difference in the way they are standing in the huddle and on the sidelines.

Oh Boy! Someone who knows Boyle's Law. But as you said, sitting is one thing, but trying to shove 300 lb guys out of the way every 40 seconds or so can really exhaust you.

MSUBobcat
November 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM

Hmmmm..... San Diego? Nice beach aromatic? xlolx

I assume you are referring to the debacle in Missoula? If so, not many ppl use elevation as an excuse because Missoula is around 3,200 ft (so not really that high).xrolleyesx

Theee Catrabbit
November 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Like I said I don't really know if there would be a difference. Air is air....I'd hope they'd be pumping it from South Dakota if it wasn't too much to ask.:D

Theee Catrabbit
November 30th, 2013, 04:00 PM

Who says you can't learn anything on the internet! And knowing is half the battle!

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I am patiently (not really) awaiting this game! I really hope it's entertaining.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I am patiently (not really) awaiting this game! I really hope it's entertaining.

As a BSC fan I think they may end up 0-2 this week then 1-1 next week with EWU winning. I have SDSU winning today but losing next week.

Might be a terrible showing for the BSC. Looks like SHSU will remain the BSC champs again. This sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 04:16 PM
As a BSC fan I think they may end up 0-2 this week then 1-2 next week with EWU winning. I have SDSU winning today but losing next week.

Might be a terrible showing for the BSC. Looks like SHSU will remain the BSC champs again. This sucks.

I could be wrong, but I think there's another BSC team playing next week.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Yep, and picked them to lose that game. Hope I am not right. I want to watch the Griz and NDSU play live at the dome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Yep, and picked them to lose that game. Hope I am not right. I want to watch the Griz and NDSU play live at the dome

But you said they'd be 0-2 after this week and then 1-2 after next. That makes no sense.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
But you said they'd be 0-2 after this week and then 1-2 after next. That makes no sense.

Typo 1-1 next week, fat fingers. Fixed it.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Either way, I don't see the Griz losing to a southern team in 10 degree weather, unless they suddenly switch to the TO.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Either way, I don't see the Griz losing to a southern team in 10 degree weather, unless they suddenly switch to the TO.

You could be right. Hope so

Bronco
November 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Our fat fingered friend isn't a Griz fan

On the other thread he's talking about NDSU should start watching Coastal Carolina film

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Our fat fingered friend isn't a Griz fan

On the other thread he's talking about NDSU should start watching Coastal Carolina film

I am pretty sure he is being a dick to NDSU saying we should overlook Furman, so we lose.

He is a UM MSU UND fan.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 30th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Jerome Souers not coaching this game for NAU, complications from a medical procedure earlier in the week. Tough break for NAU

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Jerome Souers not coaching this game for NAU, complications from a medical procedure earlier in the week. Tough break for NAU

That sucks. Hope they can pull it off without him.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I am pretty sure he is being a dick to NDSU saying we should overlook Furman, so we lose.

He is a UM MSU UND fan.
Mythical creature? Is it like a man-bear-pig? A bear-cat-____?

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 06:22 PM

He is a UM MSU UND fan.

Not at all, I think you have an easy one this week and will play Coastal, that is how I picked it in the bracket. I do have NDSU losing to SELA in the semis. Probably not correct, but it doesn't matter. I would like to see NDSU and EIU go at it in the championship.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mythical creature? Is it like a man-bear-pig? A bear-cat-____? lol, grew up a Cat, went to UND and married a Griz. Huge allegiance to Montana. Would be an ugly creature.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Alpha you coming to Fargo if the Griz play here? If so let's meet up for a drink out of a gas can or some jello shots

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
The game should be on in a few seconds! Go bunnies!

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
lol, grew up a Cat, went to UND and married a Griz. Huge allegiance to Montana. Would be an ugly creature.
Wow, I couldn't imagine cheering UND on against NDSU even if I married a UND grad. Must be fun when you have a game between MSU and UM.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Wow, I couldn't imagine cheering UND on against NDSU even if I married a UND grad. Must be fun when you have a game between MSU and UM.

Lots of anger sex.

Vitojr130
November 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Tuning in now for some Jack-on-Jack action

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:04 PM
NDSU Bison

SC St.
Furman Paladins

Frisco, TX

Furman Paladins

NDSU Bison

Montana Griz

Montana Grizzlies

CCU Chanticleers
CCU Chanticleers

BC Wildcats

NDSU Bison

SELA Lions

SELA Lions

SHSU Bearkats
SHSU Bearkats

SUU Thunderbirds

SELA Lions

Maine Black Bears

Maine Black Bears
file:///C:\Users\TWENTY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.png False Bitmap

New Hampshire
New Hampshire

Lafayette

NDSU Bison

SDSU Jackrabbits

EIU Panthers

AnyGivenSaturday.com (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/index.php)

Butler
Tenn. St. Tigers

Tenn. St. Tigers

EIU Panthers

Towson Tigers

Towson Tigers

Fordham Rams
Fordham Rams

Sacred Heart Pioneers

EIU Panthers

SDSU Jackrabbits

EWU Eagles

NAU Lumberjacks
SDSU Jackrabbits

SDSU Jackrabbits

SDSU Jackrabbits

McNeese St. Cowboys

McNeese St. Cowboys

JSU Gamecocks
Samford

Samford Bulldogs

- - - Updated - - -

Jacks need to win and win and win.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Lots of anger sex.

Yes, leads to some interesting bets. Always better for me when the Griz win.

Worst game ever for her was when we were painting our basement and the Bison came from behind to beat the Griz. That was hell.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Zenner breaks off 25 yards rushing on 2 carries.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:14 PM
SDSU punts, NAU has the ball on about the 10 yd line.

Bauman gets a couple on his first carry. 2nd and 8.

- - - Updated - - -

NAU throws for a 1st down, 8 yd completion.

- - - Updated - - -

QB sacked by SDSU. Big loss. 2nd and 17.

- - - Updated - - -

2 yd pass, 3rd and 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Pass is tipped by SDSU, nearly intercepted.

4th and 14. NAU to punt from their 19.

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU ball at the 40 yd line after a decent punt.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM
SDSU had handed the ball to Zenner 6 times.

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Alright Rabbits, time for Sumner to start doing things for your team.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM
SDSU gets the first down. Zenner has carried the ball on every snap I think...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, SDSU's line held for like 15 seconds, and Sumner still took a sack.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Sumner needs to get rid of the ball! He is still not a big game QB!:(

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:20 PM
3rd and 18.

SDSU throws, but its incomplete on a big hit.

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM
What a hit...

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM
That hit hurt from here.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
They need a little more variety, NAU should not be able to stack the box every play..

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
SDSU punts to NAU's 18... announcer said inside the 15, but it looked like 18 to me.

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Lol at the punter almost getting g taken out by chain gang.

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 07:24 PM
They need a little more variety, NAU should not be able to stack the box every play..

If there is one thing SDSU doesn't do well, it's adding wrinkles to their offense.

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM
NAU radio play by play announcer is freaking intense!!

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
NAU radio play by play announcer is freaking intense!!

Lol, I remember him from a BB game a few years ago. Dude definitely puts his heart into it.

DaBizon
November 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
2 Very good defenses on the feild

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Just heard y'all had Southland officials....I'm sorry!

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM
NAU isn't having much luck with the run. They have 2 yards as a team. 15 yards passing.

SDSU has 45 yards rushing, 1 yard passing.

Theee Catrabbit
November 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
If there is one thing SDSU doesn't do well, it's adding wrinkles to their offense.

That's communist football!

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Bauman with a huge run. 35 yards.

- - - Updated - - -

Huge sack by SDSU. 13~ yard loss.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:42 PM
4th and 13, NAU punting.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Looks like I will lose atleast one of these last 2 games, Jacksonville State is up 17-0 in the first qtr.

iamlostmrw
November 30th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Hope NAU wins this would be nice for a rematch

frozennorth
November 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM
zenner seems to run straight into his linemen fairly often

Twentysix
Can SDSU throw the ball?

IBleedYellow
Tail of defenses right now.
Also, Zenner looks tired after every carry.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Tail of defenses right now.
Also, Zenner looks tired after every carry.

Probably because he's literally the only weapon they have.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Can SDSU throw the ball?

Can either team?

The punters are gonna get wore out!xlolx

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Can either team?

The punters are gonna get wore out!xlolx

Well, you just got your answer.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 07:51 PM
That catch looked suspect..

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Well, you just got your answer.

Guess so. xthumbsupx

DaBizon
November 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Lol. Radio guy. Did he catch it. Did he catch it...did he catch it

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Open field tackle was missed.

Bisonator
TD NAU!

centennial
NAU scores..7-0

veinup
November 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
lotta empty seats in thur

veinup
November 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM
REVIEW THAT ****

Bisonator
November 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM
That was a fumble!

DaBizon
November 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Gotta reverse that one

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Ruled fumble..

DaBizon
November 30th, 2013, 08:06 PM
NAUs Oline is creating some nice holes

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Bauman outshining Zenner so far.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Bauman outshining Zenner so far.

Only because of the fumble, without it Zenners stats are higher.

IBleedYellow
November 30th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Great Interception!

centennial
Turnover..!!!

Touchdown!!

Bisonator
Big play there! SDSU intercepts it.

Bison56
INT SDSU stops NAU drive.

IBleedYellow
Lololol Zenner!

Bisonator
TD ZZ! WOW!

Twentysix
Boom bitch.

veinup
November 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
wow

robsnotes4u
Mr Zenner folks

Twentysix
I think the elevation was hurting NAU #26, he looked gassed.

frozennorth
Only because of the fumble, without it Zenners stats are higher. that would be a key aspect of evaluating a running back.

also zenner runs for twenty-some zenners.

Bison56
Wow TD Jackrabbits.

CPrice91
Throw a pick in the red zone and follow it up with a huge run for a TD.... perfect momentum for NAU, ruined.

IBleedYellow
Goodness he is fast

Bisonator
I think that fumble got him Jacked up! xbowx