PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at New Hampshire

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Direct from Pards Rule, up in Durham, New Hampshire . . . the veteran of scores of Lafayette games, beloved by all - even by NDSU fans - the gallivanting, perambulating,

STUFFED PARD!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8684/bpcl.jpg

Be sure to look for the Stuffed Pard at the game this afternoon!

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I wanna be a stuffed pard in another life.....xsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I wanna be a stuffed pard in another life.....xsmiley_wix

Remember . . . All Lafayette women are blondes, all are much better looking than average, and all follow Archimedes' principle when submersed in a warm, non-reactive liquid. ;)

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Close up!!!

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9086/8802.png

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 10:31 AM
:30 until game time. Best of luck to the New Hampshire Wildcats - everyone stay healthy. Thanks especially for putting up with the PL-style pregame on AGS this week.

If your Cable provider doesn't give you ESPN3, go here (http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/86661-2013-NCAA-Football-Week-14-Streaming-amp-Discussion).

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM
:30 until game time. Best of luck to the New Hampshire Wildcats - everyone stay healthy. Thanks especially for putting up with the PL-style pregame on AGS this week.

If your Cable provider doesn't give you ESPN3, go here (http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/86661-2013-NCAA-Football-Week-14-Streaming-amp-Discussion).

I am with you. I hope all teams stay healthy during the playoffs, these teams and young men deserve it for all the hard work they put in for a game. Cheer hard, and cheer positive.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Game about to start. Hopefully Lafayette does the PL well! A blowout loss helps no one...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Maybe 3k people there?

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Sack!

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
3 and out nice Cat D.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
3 and out...

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Nice run by Steriti

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM
UNH looking good!!

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
RJ Harris!!!!

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Ah... so this should be a nice look at what a 5-6 playoff team looks like
This game will be over by the middle of the 2nd quarter

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Ah... so this should be a nice look at what a 5-6 playoff team looks like
This game will be over by the middle of the 2nd quarter

This has the potential to get ugly quick. Lafayette needs some first downs. The speed difference is pretty evident so far...

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Steriti scores on a 1 yard run, UNH up 7-0

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
PL teams look like they play in slow motion. NO SPEED

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:16 AM
This has the potential to get ugly quick. Lafayette needs some first downs. The speed difference is pretty evident so far...

Agreed..
and New Hampshire doesn't exactly instill fear in any of the playoff field this year
Putting in perspective just how mediocre Lafayette is

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Nice play by the 'Pards...

veinup
November 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
i am watching this game! WOOOO!

CPrice91
November 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Well, Pards do look ok on offense. Guess I'll hope for a shootout.

Edit: (and of course I speak too soon).

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
fake the punt frank!

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Well, Pards do look ok on offense. Guess I'll hope for a shootout.

Edit: (and of course I speak too soon).

Oh... it'll be a shoot-out alright
UNH will have shot out the lights by their 4th possession

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Bad play calling by UNH to end that poseesion. Why go for a big bomb to your shortest player?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:28 AM
At this rate each team will have about 20 possessions. At worst, LC needs to change field position...

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Sack!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM
LC OL getting killed off the edge....Reed getting crunched...

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Fumble recovered by the Cats!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That is going to stand, that was a fumble.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
definitely a fumble...empty hand...

CPrice91
Easy TD. 14-0 UNH.

dwtime
TD RJ Harris, 22 yard catch and run.

Cleets
Hey Citdog hop over to the Furman game thread when that one starts so I can shoot the ch!t with you bro

Go Lehigh TU owl
From a near pick 6 to a TD UNH!

Doc QB
November 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM
LC looks shellshocked. This does not bode well, and a TD off a fumble makes it worse.

hawkineer
November 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Oh, to have a QB who can throw a football!

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
From a near pick 6 to a TD UNH!

Not really close to a pick but, looked closer real time.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hey Citdog hop over to the Furman game thread when that one starts so I can shoot the ch!t with you bro

will do

TribeNomad
November 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Oh, to have a QB who can throw a football!

Ditto. Had that wish for a number of seasons. Wildcats have this one under control.

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Too early to rest the starters..?

Squealofthepig
November 30th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Too early to rest the starters..?

It has been an exhausting eight minutes for them!

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:43 AM
If Lafayette doesn't get a 1st down here... begin the countdown

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Woooooo nice sack Cats!

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Okee Dokee

hawkineer
Oh to have a defense!

Go Lehigh TU owl
This has been one of the longest 1st quarters in history....

LC OL can't block a blitz...

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Pards are in a bit over there heads, needless to say.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
TD UNH!!

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Crossan catches and runs for a TD!!!!!

CPrice91
November 30th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Yep, Cleets was right, shootout indeed...

So that UNH-Maine rematch ought to be interesting xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
Whelp, this is what happens when you invite a 5-6 team to the dance.

Cleets
Pards are in a bit over there heads, needless to say.

Agreed and this doesn't necessarily do Lafayette's program any good
The selection committee made a bad choice here - no fault of the Pards

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Who's headed over to the Furman Game thread..?
I'm all fired up about that one

it's on Watch ESPN dot com

hebmskebm
November 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM

Not the selection committee's fault. Lafayette won the division, hence they get the autobid. They would have won it even if Fordham wasn't disqualified since they beat them head to head. Just an awkward, fluky situation.

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Way too early, UNH has a habit of going missing during games. The Cats need to keep the pedal down on this one.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM

I don't think it's a bad matchup - I'm glad we're playing UNH. We're just getting killed, that's all.

Cleets
November 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Not the selection committee's fault. Lafayette won the division, hence they get the autobid. They would have won it even if Fordham wasn't disqualified since they beat them head to head. Just an awkward, fluky situation.

You know what, you're right
I completely forgot they won the Patriot (I'm getting old)

R3TRO
November 30th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Glad to see Cam Shorey getting some playing time. Comes up with a nice sack. He's going to be a monster in the future.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is not good for the PL. Good grief....

This has to be the Colgate LC today. Not the team that took advantage of inept QB play to end the year....

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 12:00 PM
This is brutal. What time is the Fordham game?

Fordham
Lafayette thought it was a 1pm start I hope

dwtime
86 yard punt return for a TD Wooooo!!!!!! 28-0 UNH

UNHWildcat18
November 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Nick Cefalo with the return 28-0 UNH early second quarter

Kramer
November 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Punt return for TD. Wow.

R3TRO
November 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Good start for the Cats. I just hope we keep the foot on the pedal and don't let up like we have in the past. The game is still very young.

Doc QB
November 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
This is not good for the PL. Good grief.....

Owl, hard to come to grips with having beaten the guys in blue and getting smoked by those in white.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Owl, hard to come to grips with having beaten the guys in blue and getting smoked by those in white.

Fordham is really good. It's a shame that Nebrich couldn't play against the 'Pards. It cost the Rams a seed....

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
This Lafayette team is terrible. UNH losing to Lehigh this year was the program's worst lost since Gardner Webb in 2000. We did blow a 21 pt lead vs. those clowns too. Not going to lose the lead in this one. PL stinks. Hobart would beat this Lafayette team.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
This Lafayette team is terrible.

Trust me, I've seen worse.

UNHWildcat18
November 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
While I think Fordham is truly a team that is playoff worthy. I agree the loss to LU was a total breakdown on our part. I feel for them though since they lost their starting QB. I think Lehigh vs UNH now would go in our favor but I wouldn't go to the extent of calling Lehigh Clowns.

hawkineer
November 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Can you say Brandon Bialkowski?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 12:12 PM
While I think Fordham is truly a team that is playoff worthy. I agree the loss to LU was a total breakdown on our part. I feel for them though since they lost their starting QB. I think Lehigh vs UNH now would go in our favor but I wouldn't go to the extent of calling Lehigh Clowns.

Seriously...

The last two contests have been very evenly matched.

centennial
November 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
This Lafayette team is terrible. UNH losing to Lehigh this year was the program's worst lost since Gardner Webb in 2000. We did blow a 21 pt lead vs. those clowns too. Not going to lose the lead in this one. PL stinks. Hobart would beat this Lafayette team.
I stopped watching the game because how bad Lafayette is. They just caught Lehigh with injuries, I think Lehigh is a stronger team with their QB..

Doc QB
November 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM

UNH"Knowledge"...were you even at the LU game? I was. We were the better team that day. Period. No display of knowledge there. You guys have obviously progressed well throughout the year. And, I am sure you have some worse losses in the program, like losing to unranked teams. Idiot.

Doc QB
November 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM

thank you, 18. Totally agree with above. Some UNH knowledge.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 12:25 PM
thank you, 18. Totally agree with above. Some UNH knowledge.

So sensitive, you Patriot League people. Lehigh wouldn't be ranked if they played in the CAA period, but they'd be a better program if they were in the CAA (scholarships do matter), so maybe they would in a few years like Towson. I'm not the only one that thinks they stink. The selection committee, say what you want about them, left a 10-1 Lehigh team out the show last season. 2005, UNH beat the PL (Colgate) champs by 40+. Yes, Lehigh has had some good battles including a win this year vs. UNH, but I'd rather play the PL champ every year than have to face any team in our conference on a given day. Just my opinion, you guys can be sensitive to it if you'd like.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 12:28 PM
HC nearly beat UNH at Cowell 2 years ago....let's calm down about a bit UNHknowledge....

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
This is better than a bye for UNH. Lots of momentum built from this practice game.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
UNH"Knowledge"...were you even at the LU game? I was. We were the better team that day. Period. No display of knowledge there. You guys have obviously progressed well throughout the year. And, I am sure you have some worse losses in the program, like losing to unranked teams. Idiot.

Love the name calling.

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 12:36 PM
FG for UNH 31-0 at the half

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Say what you will, this is a piss poor showing from Lafayette.

superman7515
November 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM

Nah, exactly as expected.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Taking a cure from our southern friends, I will be referring to this game from now on as, "The Late Unpleasantness."

Squealofthepig
November 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Statistically they're not being trounced nearly as bad as the score would indicate - but going 1 for 8 on third down and of course the fumble aren't helping things.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Taking a cure from our southern friends, I will be referring to this game from now on as, "The Late Unpleasantness."

We put up way more of a fight than y'all have so far

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM
HC nearly beat UNH at Cowell 2 years ago....let's calm down about a bit UNHknowledge....

And UNH beat Rutgers, Northwestern, Army, Marshall, Ball State, and have almost beat CMU twice (lost twice by combined 10pts). Does that mean UNH belongs in the Big 10, Old Big East, MAC, C-USA? I'd still say no. Maybe we'd adjust with more resources, but no, not now with 53 schollies.

Thanks for putting me in my place HC. Another PL fan proving how sensitive you guys are. You can leave that fake Ivy League anytime you want and join the CAA like Towson; it works!

CAA96
November 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
If one thing rings true whether it's the NFL or high school football...it's all about momentum and who is playing well when it comes to the post-season. Look at the New York Giants when they won the Super Bowl coming into the playoffs as a Wild Card. Often times, the growth from game 1 to game 12 will determine how successful a team will be in the playoffs. I don't know any team hotter than UNH over the past 3-4 weeks.

This UNH team would roll Lehigh how they are playing right now.

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
A theoretical UNH/LU matchup means didley right now. All that matters is UNH is rolling the PL AQ and will advance to play Maine. Good day CAA, bad day PL. Go Fordham.

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 01:02 PM
How was that not holding I mean we have a lead but really?

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Tavani at the half hit the nail on the head. Team left their game at the hotel. This is the 'beauty' of college football (high school as well). When having young guys who have to deal with trying to keep momentum week after week. Some weeks, the 'alpha rhythms' are in the trough and the body or the mind is not as focused as it should be. That's why we have 'surprising' blow outs from time to time that seem to be aberrations. Some weeks the bounces the right way. Some weeks you are healthy. In this game if you do not come ready to play you're going to get clocked. No question UNH has more talent than LC so LC had to bring their 'A' game just to have shot. Even then I was picking UNH by about 10-14 points. LC hasn't brought their 'A' game today so we're getting a blowout. The interesting thing will be to see how LC comes out in the second half. They get the ball. You take it one series at a time. Score, hold and then score again. All of a sudden you have a game. Get a break, who knows. Yes, the odds are long, but it is what football is about. You get up, and you keep fighting and be ready to take advantage of an opportunity a opposed to laying down and quitting. I love how some of the 'knowledgeable' people like to disparage any team who dares to step up and challenge the established powers. The only people who 'stink' are those who never had the gonads to strap it on themselves and give it their all for their school.

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 01:04 PM
If one thing rings true whether it's the NFL or high school football...it's all about momentum and who is playing well when it comes to the post-season. Look at the New York Giants when they won the Super Bowl coming into the playoffs as a Wild Card. Often times, the growth from game 1 to game 12 will determine how successful a team will be in the playoffs. I don't know any team hotter than UNH over the past 3-4 weeks.

This UNH team would roll Lehigh how they are playing right now.

Without Bialkowski you may be right, but it matters not.

DFW HOYA
November 30th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Fair or unfair, the Patriot League has underperformed each year since Colgate in '03.

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Fair or unfair, the Patriot League has underperformed each year since Colgate in '03.

We've certainly had better games than this.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Fordham is doing the league well. A Ram win will mean 3 playoff victories in 4 years. Very respectable....

I honestly don't think Biddle cares about anything beyond winning the PL. The 'Gate's OOC performances over the last decade is terrible. Lafayette has played well in the playoffs before this year. However, one could argue that Lafayette is the worst team to ever make the playoffs. Not sure it's true but there's at least debate....

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I was going to say, Lehigh beat Towson at Towson just a couple of years ago amoungst other playoff wins this decade.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
so that patsy league SURE is strong

hawkineer
November 30th, 2013, 01:15 PM

So your criterion is finals or the league rep has underperformed? It can be argued that the PL has outperformed other autobid conferences such as the
OVC and MEAC. Interesting perspective coming from a GU fan.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Tavani at the half hit the nail on the head. Team left their game at the hotel. This is the 'beauty' of college football (high school as well). When having young guys who have to deal with trying to keep momentum week after week. Some weeks, the 'alpha rhythms' are in the trough and the body or the mind is not as focused as it should be. That's why we have 'surprising' blow outs from time to time that seem to be aberrations. Some weeks the bounces the right way. Some weeks you are healthy. In this game if you do not come ready to play you're going to get clocked. No question UNH has more talent than LC so LC had to bring their 'A' game just to have shot. Even then I was picking UNH by about 10-14 points. LC hasn't brought their 'A' game today so we're getting a blowout. The interesting thing will be to see how LC comes out in the second half. They get the ball. You take it one series at a time. Score, hold and then score again. All of a sudden you have a game. Get a break, who knows. Yes, the odds are long, but it is what football is about. You get up, and you keep fighting and be ready to take advantage of an opportunity a opposed to laying down and quitting. I love how some of the 'knowledgeable' people like to disparage any team who dares to step up and challenge the established powers. The only people who 'stink' are those who never had the gonads to strap it on themselves and give it their all for their school.

You're not talking to me are you, ngineer? I did strap it up. I did win a conference championship. I did start 4 years. I certainly didn't "stink" when I played. I could've gone to Lehigh, I could've gone to Colgate...I went to UNH and am glad for it. Can we have a discussion about football without getting sensitive? According to you PL genius' I'm a "stinky idiot" because I didn't go to Lehigh or Lafayette.

I've merely suggested that your conference isn't currently competitive because you don't offer scholarships. Fordham was the first to start offering them and now look at their success. My assertion that this Lafayette team is not much better than Hobart is accurate, and I back what I said about Lehigh as well. You can't possibly think I "stink" for preferring a Lehigh rematch over a Maine rematch. UNH has owned Maine in the last decade but I'd still rather play Lehigh any given Saturday. I'm sorry that offends you and many other Lehigh folks.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 01:16 PM
You're not talking to me are you, ngineer? I did strap it up. I did win a conference championship. I did start 4 years. I certainly didn't "stink" when I played. I could've gone to Lehigh, I could've gone to Colgate...I went to UNH and am glad for it. Can we have a discussion about football without getting sensitive? According to you PL genius' I'm a "stinky idiot" because I didn't go to Lehigh or Lafayette.

I've merely suggested that your conference isn't currently competitive because you don't offer scholarships. Fordham was the first to start offering them and now look at their success. My assertion that this Lafayette team is not much better than Hobart is accurate, and I back what I said about Lehigh as well. You can't possibly think I "stink" for preferring a Lehigh rematch over a Maine rematch. UNH has owned Maine in the last decade but I'd still rather play Lehigh any given Saturday. I'm sorry that offends you and many other Lehigh folks.

LOVE it when the yankee scum fight amongst themselves!

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Sack baby on 4th down, Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
We can't even do well the things that we do well.

UNHWildcat18
November 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM

Hopefully Citadel will be in the playoffs next year so some of our posters don't have to be your entertainment for the day..

DFW HOYA
November 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
So your criterion is finals or the league rep has underperformed? It can be argued that the PL has outperformed other autobid conferences such as the OVC and MEAC. Interesting perspective coming from a GU fan.

It's more perception than reality, but it's also a factor when the PL gets the CAA in the first round. Not a fair fight in many cases.

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Sack baby on 4th down, Wooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay classy.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Ask around, I'm not the biggest PL fan you'll find around here, but PL football is far above Hobart/D3 etc....dumb statement. (And no, I'm not picking on your UNH education).

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM

Watch it or we will burn Atlanta down again.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
It's more perception than reality, but it's also a factor when the PL gets the CAA in the first round. Not a fair fight in many cases.

It's fair. UNH simply is better. And we are who we thought we were.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Watch it or we will burn Atlanta down again.

BE MY GUEST

hawkineer
November 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
It's more perception than reality, but it's also a factor when the PL gets the CAA in the first round. Not a fair fight in many cases.In 2010, the league rep defeated a MVC rep and in 2011 defeated the CAA champion, both on the road and both from arguably the two best FCS conferences. Pretty recent history.

citdog
November 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Hopefully THE Citadel will be in the playoffs next year so some of our posters don't have to be your entertainment for the day..

fify

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Ask around, I'm not the biggest PL fan you'll find around here, but PL football is far above Hobart/D3 etc....dumb statement. (And no, I'm not picking on your UNH education).

Ummm...Hobart is 10-0 in non-scholarship football and Lafayette is 5-6 (soon to be 5-7) in non-scholarship football. D-I/D-III, they're both non-scholarship schools that have a strong academic reputation. A young man would only choose Lafayette over Hobart to brag to his buddies that he's playing Division I (awesome!). Outside of our FCS community, nobody is going to be more impressed by someone's athletic prowess that played football on a 5-7 Lafayette team over a 10-0 Hobart team. Did I say Hobart would crush Lafayette? No, but it'd be a better game than UNH/Lafayette is right now.

Again, thanks for putting me in my place Sader.

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Ummm...Hobart is 10-0 in non-scholarship football and Lafayette is 5-6 (soon to be 5-7) in non-scholarship football. D-I/D-III, they're both non-scholarship schools that have a strong academic reputation. A young man would only choose Lafayette over Hobart to brag to his buddies that he's playing Division I (awesome!). Outside of our FCS community, nobody is going to be more impressed by someone's athletic prowess that played football on a 5-7 Lafayette team over a 10-0 Hobart team. Did I say Hobart would crush Lafayette? No, but it'd be a better game than UNH/Lafayette is right now.

Again, thanks for putting me in my place Sader.

Linfield or Mt Union could beat Lafayette.

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Setian 28 yard TD run, book a trip to Maine boys!!!!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Getting worse . . . Frank Tavani and Stan Clayton have some 'splaining to do.

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Getting worse . . . Frank Tavani and Stan Clayton have some 'splaining to do.

- - - Updated - - -

. . . . but not Lehigh!

- - - Updated - - -

. . . . but not Lehigh!

Agreed.

dwtime
The 4th quarter arrives and hopefully will end sooner than later for Lafayette.

maine612
Setian 28 yard TD run, book a trip to Maine boys!!!!!!!

Bears waiting.

Bogus Megapardus
Linfield or Mt Union could beat Lafayette.

. . . . but not Lehigh!

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mt Union is solid...

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Serious question, is that the same offensive line that played Lehigh? Seriously UNH's pass rush is not 'that' great.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I think it's time for Frank Tavani to go coach at Hobart.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Serious question, is that the same offensive line that played Lehigh? Seriously UNH's pass rush is not 'that' great.

Lehigh's QB literally could not complete a pass of more than 5 yards. It was actually advantages for LC to LET Lehigh throw the ball.

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mt Union is solid...

Hoping for a Linfield Mt union final. Would be a fantastic football game.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM

Our OL coach has long outstayed his welcome. It's been a point of contention for a couple years.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not trying to put anyone "in his place" but the PL is D1 football with very good players from all over the country; some kids who chose to play PL than FBS etc etc

To say that it is equivalent to D2 or D3 football in general is being ignorant.

Yes, UNH has played well today and Lafayette hasn't....but this is also a team that beat both Fordham as well as a team you lost to earlier this season.

maine612
November 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I'm not trying to put anyone "in his place" but the PL is D1 football with very good players from all over the country; some kids who chose to play PL than FBS etc etc

Yes, UNH has played well today and Lafayette hasn't....but this is also a team that beat both Fordham as well as a team you lost to earlier this season.

I agree completely. But those two teams I mentioned are very very good and could give a few div 1 schools a run.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:45 PM
So, when they do the pre-season PL rankings next season, will we be last, or will we be ahead of Georgetown?

carney2
November 30th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Our OL coach has long outstayed his welcome. It's been a point of contention for a couple years.

You may be right, but coach Clayton has been given chicken feathers and directed to make chicken soup. He's in charge of a bunch of fat guys in football suits. The best of his charges, junior Luke Chiarolanzio, has just been waving at defenders running by him all day. Need to recruit some real football players to compete at this level.

UNH Fanboi
Healthy Lehigh and healthy Fordham were the 2 best PL teams this year. Lafayette snuck in due to unusual circumstances. I don't think something like this is likely to happen again, particularly with Fordham now eligible for the AQ. Also, UNH has improved A LOT since the Lehigh game.

dwtime
Crossan is probably the best running back UNH has, just sayin'.

CFBfan
November 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM

The PL has made a commitment to a better brand of football and a big step in that direction with scholarships. This is the FIRST season in that direction and 15 freshman on ANY roster will not make a huge impact. HOWEVER 2- 3 years from now PL football will be much improved and on the upswing.
Until then let the naysayers have their fun, PL fans day will come just be patient!!!!

dwtime
UNH 45-0

Bogus Megapardus
At this point, I don't want Tavani coaching #150. I don't care if we lose. Get hm off College Hill and keep him off College Hill. He can drag Stan Clayton's sorry arse with him.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 01:52 PM

OK, so you're not trying to "put me in my place" but you did call my comment both "dumb" and "ignorant", which it was not. You're just proving my point that PL fans are sensitive all the more. I get it; you have Patriot League pride, and I have UNH pride and CAA pride. But, I'm not on a discussion board calling you dumb and ignorant. Recent history has shown the CAA to be superior to the PL. Sorry.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Searfoss and not Dzruik?

carney2
November 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
So, when they do the pre-season PL rankings next season, will we be last, or will we be ahead of Georgetown?

I have inside information so at the risk of revealing secrets, here it is:

1. Fordham
2. Lehigh (based on habit, not logic)
3. Lafayette
4. Colgate
5. Bucknell (Tie)
5. Holy Cross (Tie)
7 Georgetown

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The PL has made a commitment to a better brand of football and a big step in that direction with scholarships. This is the FIRST season in that direction and 15 freshman on ANY roster will not make a huge impact. HOWEVER 2- 3 years from now PL football will be much improved and on the upswing.
Until then let the naysayers have their fun, PL fans day will come just be patient!!!!

The PL has produced much better teams than this. That Lehigh team two years ago was VERY good. Heck, Lafayette's teams from '04/'05 were also capable of playing with the top programs in the country. Neither of those teams needed scholarships to reach that level.

Lafayette making the playoffs this year was rather fluky.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Something tells me that we'll see Dzruik playing for Hobart next year.

Kramden
November 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
OK, so you're not trying to "put me in my place" but you did call my comment both "dumb" and "ignorant", which it was not. You're just proving my point that PL fans are sensitive all the more. I get it; you have Patriot League pride, and I have UNH pride and CAA pride. But, I'm not on a discussion board calling you dumb and ignorant. Recent history has shown the CAA to be superior to the PL. Sorry.
Good luck next week with Maine. Tough to beat a good team twice in one year but UNH is playing very well.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM

YES, I agree with this statement 100%. Unfortunately, all of the PL posters on this board are too sensitive to understand that these are my exact sentiments. Instead, when I speak the obvious, "This Lafayette team is terrible," they want to call me ignorant, dumb, stinky...PL will be a formidable conference with scholarships, but Lafayette doesn't have enough (yet) to look much different than Hobart, Mt. Union, Linfield, etc. That's all I'm saying.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Oh Joy. It's not a shutout.

I think McDonnell let us have that one, though.

Lehigh'98
November 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
YES, I agree with this statement 100%. Unfortunately, all of the PL posters on this board are too sensitive to understand that these are my exact sentiments. Instead, when I speak the obvious, "This Lafayette team is terrible," they want to call me ignorant, dumb, stinky...PL will be a formidable conference with scholarships, but Lafayette doesn't have enough (yet) to look much different than Hobart, Mt. Union, Linfield, etc. That's all I'm saying.

Not much to argue with at 45-0. I will say this has been a down year, save Fordham, for the league. We have had much tougher teams than this in playoffs.

Old Cat Fan
November 30th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Good game Cats now go double up on those Black bears while they are still licking their wounds from last weekxasswhipx

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That's all I'm saying.

I like your avatar. It's much better than the helmet that AGS provides for UNH.

dwtime
November 30th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Great game Cats, once again another 'Dungeon' victim!!!!! xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Thank you, Sir! May I have another? Who knew you could beat Hobart? ;)

Seriously - Congratulations, Wildcats. That's a solid, well-coached team. I'm pretty sure I have you going to the semis my bracket.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Thank you, Sir! May I have another? Who knew you could beat Hobart? ;)

Seriously - Congratulations, Wildcats. That's a solid, well-coached team. I'm pretty sure I have you going to the semis my bracket.

Thanks, Bogus Megapardus. I'm crossing my fingers for your Semis prediction; that would make this year's team legendary considering we've never gotten out of the Quarters. This UNH team has taken its bumps and I was extremely disappointed with this squad at times this season. But, I'm proud of how they've responded after the W&M game (weird we can never beat those guys but they always get us focused). Next week has me nervous, but I believe in this team and I believe in how the D has been playing as of late. Go Cat's

Neighbor2
November 30th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Congratulations to New Hampshire! It wasn't even close (much to my dismay). This was more than just a screwy Patriot League season. Won't always be that way, though.

UNH/Maine should be a good one.

Doc QB
November 30th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Totally agree Engineer, and sadly, >90% of the viewership on this blog has not strapped it on. Ever.

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 02:26 PM
UNH played a tremendous game and Lafayette seemed flat-footed. Impressed that they grabbed the early momentum and kept their foot on the gas without letting up as many teams are wont to do. McDonough is a very good coach and UNH always seems very solid in their fundamentals. It will surely be tough to beat Maine, again, in Orono, but it has already been a strange year and I would consider it a toss-up. Good luck 'Cats! Got a couple Lehigh Valley players on the squad that I'd like to see playing a few more rounds.

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Totally agree Engineer, and sadly, >90% of the viewership on this blog has not strapped it on. Ever.

Yeah. I don't mind people being critical of the way a team is playing. It's when the conversation has to take a personal tone that gets me pissed. Same with our society today. People can't have disagreements without calling others disparaging names. PL will get there soon, just need some time to get stronger bodies, although I'm not sold on whether going scholarship will be the antidote as it will also have the adverse effect of reducing our roster sizes that will cause problems for teams with a number of injuries by not having enough depth. I spoke with Coach Dunlap about that a few weeks ago at Colgate and that was his observation. It will be an interesting few years coming up.

Kramden
November 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Yeah. I don't mind people being critical of the way a team is playing. It's when the conversation has to take a personal tone that gets me pissed. Same with our society today. People can't have disagreements without calling others disparaging names. PL will get there soon, just need some time to get stronger bodies, although I'm not sold on whether going scholarship will be the antidote as it will also have the adverse effect of reducing our roster sizes that will cause problems for teams with a number of injuries by not having enough depth. I spoke with Coach Dunlap about that a few weeks ago at Colgate and that was his observation. It will be an interesting few years coming up.

Agree with your points. AI is more of an issue than scholarships IMO. Also as you say, non scholarship walk ons cannot receive aid or it comes out of the scholarship pool so rosters will be smaller. We'll see, though, as Fordham has built a nice program. Time will tell.

kdinva
November 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I was hoping for a closer game, but UNH on a roll, it seems..........

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Schadenfreude - more than 10,000 views into a thread about a game that you just knew wasn't going to end well.

RichH2
Agree on all points. While many think AI will be PL obstacle to competitiveness, I dont totally agree. True it makes recruiting pool smaller but even w/o schollies we have fielded very good teams. 60 chollies will improve that. The schollie cap however will be an issue as it limits roster by including all aid in the formula to compute 60. Clearly the rule was a compromise by Presidents to sway some schools to accede to merit aid. I expect this rule will be modified down the road either by allowing need aid to not ne included in comutation of PL max of 60. or we go to 63

Unfortunate that Pards came out flat,which is not all that surprising given the emotional high of last week. They are a better team then they showed today.

UNHknowledge

LOL...you and DocQB are a funny bunch! You were never called a single "disparaging name" by anyone. You and Doc (and fellow PLer Sader), however, called me "dumb", "ignorant", "stinky", and assumed I never "strapped it up". Yes, I've strapped it up. Yes, you are sensitive. Yes, Lafayette fielded a terrible team that looked akin to Hobart.

Now I'm trying to have a conversation (again), so please don't take offense to what I'm about to say. The Patriot League will probably fold or go to D-III if they do not get scholarships. Fortunately, they WILL get scholarships, like Fordham. f you think that increasing scholarships will "hurt" your program, you need not look any further than Towson, Fordham, Stony Brook, SUNY Albany (struggled this year, but give them 2-3 more seasons in the CAA). OR, simply look at what your basketball teams are doing (i.e. Bucknell), who DO give athletic scholarships.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I have inside information so at the risk of revealing secrets, here it is:

1. Fordham
2. Lehigh (based on habit, not logic)
3. Lafayette
4. Colgate
5. Bucknell (Tie)
5. Holy Cross (Tie)
7 Georgetown

Or, perhaps . . . .

1. Fordham
2. Lehigh
3. Bucknell
4. Colgate
5. Holy Cross (Tie)
5. Lafayette (Tie)
7. Georgetown

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 03:01 PM
The Patriot League will probably fold or go to D-III.

This might be taking the issue a step too far - unless you're much better informed than most. The Patriot League likely would outlast the NCAA itself, if it came down to that.

The Hobart reference is really ironic. Hobart once was an associate member of the PL - for lacrosse. But they couldn't maintain the academic standards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2013, 03:02 PM
LOL...you and DocQB are a funny bunch! You were never called a single "disparaging name" by anyone. You and Doc (and fellow PLer Sader), however, called me "dumb", "ignorant", "stinky", and assumed I never "strapped it up". Yes, I've strapped it up. Yes, you are sensitive. Yes, Lafayette fielded a terrible team that looked akin to Hobart.

Now I'm trying to have a conversation (again), so please don't take offense to what I'm about to say. The Patriot League will probably fold or go to D-III if they do not get scholarships. Fortunately, they WILL get scholarships, like Fordham. f you think that increasing scholarships will "hurt" your program, you need not look any further than Towson, Fordham, Stony Brook, SUNY Albany (struggled this year, but give them 2-3 more seasons in the CAA). OR, simply look at what your basketball teams are doing (i.e. Bucknell), who DO give athletic scholarships.

Scholarships don't mean everything. Lehigh and Colgate have achieved way more than a lot of full scholarship programs over the last 15 years. LU was a Top 5 team two years ago without scholarships. The biggest issue that Lehigh has is depth imo. For other teams in the PL it's speed/athleticism....

Darlinikki150
November 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
This game was ridic.

That is all, carry on.

DFW HOYA
November 30th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Agree on all points. While many think AI will be PL obstacle to competitiveness, I dont totally agree. True it makes recruiting pool smaller but even w/o schollies we have fielded very good teams. 60 chollies will improve that.

It's a significant issue at schools at the high end of the Patriot's SAT range (read: Georgetown and Colgate).

Engineer86
November 30th, 2013, 03:19 PM
It's a significant issue at schools at the high end of the Patriot's SAT range (read: Georgetown and Colgate).

Yep, we have seen how Colgate struggles with this. xdontknowx

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM

Read: Lafayette and Lehigh have no business being in the Patriot League.

Tribal
November 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I rest my case.

My position was never a dig against the Pards. I respect their program and give credit to them when it's deserved. They simply did not belong in the playoffs based on their performance this season.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM
This might be taking the issue a step too far - unless you're much better informed than most. The Patriot League likely would outlast the NCAA itself, if it came down to that.

The Hobart reference is really ironic. Hobart once was an associate member of the PL - for lacrosse. But they couldn't maintain the academic standards.

You've got great points, and I agree with folks that have made references to what the PL has done in the past w/o scholarships. My brother played at Bucknell back when they were worth a darn (late 90s), so I've seen some really strong Patriot League teams w/o scholarships. But, the reason that I legitimately think that the league might not be able to sustain without scholarships in the future is that teams in the past that were totally uncompetitive are now offering scholarships and taking recruits from the PL (i.e. Albany, Stony Brook, Monmouth, CCSU, SHU, Wagner). The last four are not offering a full 53, but more than they did in the past. Top tier NEC schools are not so poor academically that a student athlete/family wouldn't choose a free tuition at any of those schools over paying a quarter, half, or all at Lafayette/Bucknell/etc...

The Ivy League will always be able to get away with the non-scholarship/non playoff culture because it is the IVY LEAGUE. But I don't think most parents/student-athletes see a big enough difference between many PL schools and NEC/CAA schools (I know that comment is going to piss off many PL folks). Money, especially in this economy, does matter.

Engineer86
November 30th, 2013, 03:35 PM
You've got great points, and I agree with folks that have made references to what the PL has done in the past w/o scholarships. My brother played at Bucknell back when they were worth a darn (late 90s), so I've seen some really strong Patriot League teams w/o scholarships. But, the reason that I legitimately think that the league might not be able to sustain without scholarships in the future is that teams in the past that were totally uncompetitive are now offering scholarships and taking recruits from the PL (i.e. Albany, Stony Brook, Monmouth, CCSU, SHU, Wagner). The last four are not offering a full 53, but more than they did in the past. Top tier NEC schools are not so poor academically that a student athlete/family wouldn't choose a free tuition at any of those schools over paying a quarter, half, or all at Lafayette/Bucknell/etc...

The Ivy League will always be able to get away with the non-scholarship/non playoff culture because it is the IVY LEAGUE. But I don't think most parents/student-athletes see a big enough difference between many PL schools and NEC/CAA schools (I know that comment is going to piss off many PL folks). Money, especially in this economy, does matter.

Am I missing something did the PL do a reversal and decide not to offer 60 scholarships, or are you completely misinformed on the PL?

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Am I missing something did the PL do a reversal and decide not to offer 60 scholarships, or are you completely misinformed on the PL?

My suggestion? Don't debate this issue at this time in this place, Engineer86. For what it's worth.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM

No, you are not misinformed. The PL is getting scholarships. I was just responding to the notion that the PL would somehow be better off without scholarships. The PL will be very good in the future (w/ scholarships), and they've been darn good in the past w/o scholarships. I was just saying that it's good that they ARE going to scholarship football because I don't think they'd be able to sustain for much longer if they didn't. That's all, no "debate", just a conversation.

RichH2
November 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM

xblehx Rather a knee jerk reaction DFW. The AI is certainly not the major issue at GU. Gate seems to have done OK under the AI;)

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM
We coulda been in the Big East.....

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 05:02 PM
We coulda been in the Big East.....

xlolx We coulda just stayed in Wustah Friday afternoon.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I have a feeling UNHknowledge's Bucknell brother picked on him as a kid and now he's taking it out on us....the arm-chair psychiatrist in me.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I have a feeling UNHknowledge's Bucknell brother picked on him as a kid and now he's taking it out on us....the arm-chair psychiatrist in me.

Maybe the two of then spotted a calf along the road with its head stuck . . . nah, better not go there.

PL revenge on UNH tonight, 7:00 PM. Do us proud.

http://www.americaeast.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&mid=79612

Gordon Shumway
November 30th, 2013, 05:47 PM
When was the last time the Cats had 10 sacks in a game? Ever? I guess it must have happened somewhere along the line, but I certainly don't remember it happening.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM

...Yeah Sader, you're right on, armchair psychiatrist! I'm "taking out" (more sensitivity from you) years of childhood angst on a bunch of random fans of the Patriot League. Like I said, I could've gone to Lehigh, Colgate, or HC. I chose UNH. It was the right choice. I was part of something great. We're the only team in the FCS to go to the playoffs 10 straight years; it's pretty awesome.

I was always my brother's biggest fan and have probably been to more PL games than you. My brother would have gone to any CAA (formerly A10/Yankee) school if he were offered a scholarship, but he only had Bucknell and Lafayette to choose from. He too, made the right decision for him; he was 1st team all-conference and neither Bucknell or Lafayette won conference when he played.

We are both very pleased with how our real lives turned out after football. Undergraduate degrees and football careers didn't have much bearing on what we do now. We were both wise to finish our masters degrees at very good schools (Boston College/St. Lawrence), and that has made all the difference.

I will refrain from psychoanalyzing what makes you and other PL supporters so hyper sensitive, because I know why...

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
HC 63 UNH 52 F Just sayin'.....it's all in good fun UNHknowledge.....btw, BC was my safety school. xlolx

Tribe93
November 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Good luck to Lafayette next season and I hope to make it home to watch your game in Williamsburg.

Fordham
November 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM
... It was the right choice. I was part of something great. We're the only team in the FCS to go to the playoffs 10 straight years; it's pretty awesome.

Holy crap, the 10 year plan! No wonder you guys were so good.

Hope you dual majored over that time at least
:p

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Congrats to UNH, doing to Lafayette what I wish Lehigh did to Lafayette.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM
HC 63 UNH 52 F Just sayin'.....it's all in good fun UNHknowledge.....btw, BC was my safety school. xlolx

Yes, it's been basketball season for several weeks in Worcester. We still have at least one more week of football season in Durham. xlolx

Most Americans have never heard of Holy Cross, "just sayin'". At least people have at least heard of the state of New Hampshire. If they follow football, they also know we have a team that is successful. And I know you didn't choose HC over BC, but hey it's all in good fun so you can say any nonsense that fits your mood.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Most Americans

Hey! I know that guy too! And his sister Allota!

Odd, though - My grandfather worked most of his career in Somersworth. My dad went to high school about ten miles down 108 from Durham. Neither of them had ever heard of the State of New Hampshire.

Fordham2012
November 30th, 2013, 08:28 PM

I do not see the Patriot League going D-III as then those schools can not have DI basketball. Could it fold, and the non-football scholarship teams look for a league that will take them? I don't see that happening. The Ivy League is NOT taking Gtwon, so there are not many attractive choices.

Sader87
November 30th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Yes, it's been basketball season for several weeks in Worcester. We still have at least one more week of football season in Durham. xlolx

Most Americans have never heard of Holy Cross, "just sayin'". At least people have at least heard of the state of New Hampshire. If they follow football, they also know we have a team that is successful. And I know you didn't choose HC over BC, but hey it's all in good fun so you can say any nonsense that fits your mood.

You must be somewhat young, HC was long considered the better school than BC...it was about even when I got out in '87. I will grant you that BC is considered the tougher school to get into (not necessarily the better school) today.

Did I mention we could of been in the Big East?

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Hey! I know that guy too! And his sister Allota!

Odd, though - My grandfather worked most of his career in Somersworth. My dad went to high school about ten miles down 108 from Durham. Neither of them had ever heard of the State of New Hampshire.

LOL...that was legitimately funny.

UNHknowledge
November 30th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I do not see the Patriot League going D-III as then those schools can not have DI basketball. Could it fold, and the non-football scholarship teams look for a league that will take them? I don't see that happening. The Ivy League is NOT taking Gtwon, so there are not many attractive choices.

They're definitely not going D-III because they will have scholarships next season (and some did this season). I was just responding to posters who supported the notion that the PL would be better off w/o scholarships. But yes, you bring up a very valid point about basketball.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2013, 08:49 PM
LOL...that was legitimately funny.

Actually, I did illegitimately funny a few pages back in this thread so I figured it was time for a change of pace.

ngineer
November 30th, 2013, 09:14 PM

That's correct, I was not. But saying someone's team "stinks" to me is just not right. Since you have played, I am surprised. As much as I have always hated losing to anyone, let alone Lafayette, I would never denigrate a fellow athlete. There is too much sacrifice on different levels that goes into being a collegiate football player, or any sport for that matter, to be considered in a derogatory way. I appreciate your points about the current status of the PL. We have been inconsistent over the years with some very good games against CAA, MVC, and SoCon schools, as well as some embarrassments. But, then, that seems to occur among others, as well as within the conferences. I'm looking forward to our trip to Durham next year and hope we can recapture some respect that was lost today.

DFW HOYA
November 30th, 2013, 10:20 PM
xblehx Rather a knee jerk reaction DFW. The AI is certainly not the major issue at GU. Gate seems to have done OK under the AI;)

Didn't say that--the major issue is finances. But the ability to recruit shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

RichH2
November 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Didn't say that--the major issue is finances. But the ability to recruit shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

Not out of hand, the IL does quite well,but then again they have money. All of PL has the issue,all difficult,some a tad more than others but all have that AI floor in common.

robsnotes4u
November 30th, 2013, 10:41 PM

I was in grand forks to watch Sioux Hockey in 2006 and witnessed Holy Cross guys crapping their pants shaking like leaves when they stepped on the ice after a standing ovation when the defeated the number 1 rated UM Gophers. One of the best sporting moments I ever saw in person.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fordham
December 1st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Congrats UNH.

Really stunned at this result after seeing the Pards live a few weeks back.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2013, 06:44 AM

And he's right. The trip to the North country was good except for about 3.5 hours. Had dinner in Portsmouth with a UNH alum I met on here. UNH Knowledge is right. At the end of the Lehigh game I turned to my friend at the game and said "I wish the season could end now" knowing we got in on an autobid with less than a playoff ready complement of players. We dont have the bodies at this point in time. I was expecting a loss but not on this level. We were cathandled from beginning to end. Maine has got its hands full next week. Thanks for the hospitality extended to us Pards in the Cold Country - it was a brisk 32 degrees for a high at the game and in the second half the clouds rolled over the sun. I was thinking of any coeds tried kissing the, um, Pard this week they would have their lips frozen against his fur.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM
I think this is a terrific time to mention that a full-strength Lehigh beat New Hampshire. xthumbsupx

Engineer86
December 1st, 2013, 09:55 AM
I think this is a terrific time to mention that a full-strength Lehigh beat New Hampshire. xthumbsupx

Nope

Bogus Megapardus
December 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM

xblehxxblehxxblehx

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7739/eu0y.png

DFW HOYA
December 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM

At home.

Would Lafayette have won at Fisher Field? Maybe, maybe not, but it would have been a much closer game.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2013, 04:35 PM
At home.

Would Lafayette have won at Fisher Field? Maybe, maybe not, but it would have been a much closer game.

Probably. We laid an egg. Im not pleased of course. We have always shown up for playoff games and this was an anomaly. Congrats to the Cats. There is no explanation or mitigation whatsoever. We will get better.

Fordham
December 1st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Only if you've got a healthy streak of douche in you

blukeys
December 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Only if you've got a healthy streak of douche in you

LFN always does.

Doc QB
December 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM

agree, but in a moment of fanatical-ness, I got personal and called UNHKnowledge "idiot." Uncool. Public apology to him and congrats to UNH on a dominant win, statement type win considering LU's fortune against them way back.

Tribal
December 1st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Lafayette's stadium would be top 3 in the CAA if that makes Pards fans feel any better. Beautiful campus, too.

Go...gate
December 1st, 2013, 06:58 PM
Yep, we have seen how Colgate struggles with this. xdontknowx

Please clarify. We had a difficult season. A lot of players were hurt. But our program certainly has not collapsed.

Go...gate
December 1st, 2013, 07:04 PM

As always, Coach D hits it on the head. In his years at Colgate he increased roster sizes with need-based aid (a lot of partial grants, such as Alumni Memorial Scholarships) and it worked very well. If Colgate ever had relatively deep squads of talented ballplayers, they had them under his watch. His graduation rates were very, very good, as well. He sold the opportunity to play on a high level and the benefits of a Colgate education, and expected the players to make it in the classroom. The kids loved to play for him.

ngineer
December 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM
xblehxxblehxxblehx

That's gotta be one your best, Bogie!
Note: Got to spread reputation around before giving rep points to Megapardis....

Engineer86
December 1st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Please clarify. We had a difficult season. A lot of players were hurt. But our program certainly has not collapsed.

That was my point the prior post stated that Colgate and Gtown struggle because of academic index and their higher standard on SATs. My point was sarcastic.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2013, 10:14 PM
xblehxxblehxxblehx

Wasn't this the Lehigh team when RichH was an undergrad?

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Just below its dynamic football team, of course, the second-best thing about the State of New Hampshire really has to be its newsworthy-of-late politicians.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5087/qeyk.jpg

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Just below its dynamic football team, of course, the second-best thing about the State of New Hampshire really has to be its newsworthy-of-late politicians.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5087/qeyk.jpg

Yes - I saw her on WMURs Sunday morning politico show. I stayed at America's Best Inn in Portsmouth Saturday night. She is NH State Rep. Marilinda Garcia who is running for Congress. Also on that show - NOOOOO! WAY TOO EARLY AND REALLY!?! - Jon Huntsman, former Utah governor who ran in early primaries but was quickly bounced. I guess he is lured by the fact he placed third in NH behind "hometown favorite" Mitt Romney with 39%; Ron Paul had 23% and Huntsman 17%, and among others, Rick Perry with .7%, just barely ahead of Buddy Roemer (forgot he ran!) at .4%..

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Yes - I saw her on WMURs Sunday morning politico show. I stayed at America's Best Inn in Portsmouth Saturday night. She is NH State Rep. Marilinda Garcia who is running for Congress. Also on that show - NOOOOO! WAY TOO EARLY AND REALLY!?! - Jon Huntsman, former Utah governor who ran in early primaries but was quickly bounced. I guess he is lured by the fact he placed third in NH behind "hometown favorite" Mitt Romney with 39%; Ron Paul had 23% and Huntsman 17%, and among others, Rick Perry with .7%, just barely ahead of Buddy Roemer (forgot he ran!) at .4%..

Mari got swag, too.

http://home.comcast.net/~marilinda.garcia/images/index-image6.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
`

"Ms. Garcia earned her B.A., cum laude, from Tufts University in 2006 and concurrently completed a B.M.
with Academic Honors and Distinction in Performance from the New England Conservatory of Music. In
2010 she graduated from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government where she received a Master of
Public Policy and was the recipient of a full tuition Public Service Fellowship."

http://www.elect-mari.com/

Yet Slate is comparing Marilinda Garcia to Kim Kardashian. Kim freakin' Kardashian. Who knew?

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mari got swag, too.

http://home.comcast.net/~marilinda.garcia/images/index-image6.jpg

Is this off her website???

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
`

"Ms. Garcia earned her B.A., cum laude, from Tufts University in 2006 and concurrently completed a B.M.
with Academic Honors and Distinction in Performance from the New England Conservatory of Music. In
2010 she graduated from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government where she received a Master of
Public Policy and was the recipient of a full tuition Public Service Fellowship."

And Slate is comparing her to Kim Kardashian. Kim freakin' Kardashian. Who knew?

Puh-lease!!! She is much better than KK. KK got nothing going for her!!! This woman is a NH state rep!

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Puh-lease!!! She is much better than KK. KK got nothing going for her!!! This woman is a NH state rep!

Kardashian just isn't telling anyone about her own cum laude from Tufts, her full ride at Harvard, or her accolades at the New England Conservatory. Too modest.

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Is this off her website???

Google is our pal. (https://www.google.com/search?q=marilinda+garcia&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LbacUoeeDum2yAGlg4GoDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=771)

Marilinda Garcia could beat the UNH football team, 45-7, single handedly. At the Dungeon. In eleven degree weather. In her underwear.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Google is our pal. (https://www.google.com/search?q=marilinda+garcia&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LbacUoeeDum2yAGlg4GoDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=771)

Marilinda Garcia could beat the UNH football team, 45-7, single handedly. At the Dungeon. In eleven degree weather. In her underwear.

Indeed! The 2nd C.D. in NH is represented by Democrat Ann Kuster, first elected in the Obama 2012 reelection year. 2nd NH is primarily middle, western and northern NH and includes cities of Nashua and Concord but excludes the biggest city of Manchester in the 1st NH CD. Meet the current Congresswoman, Ann Kuster:

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Ann Kuster

Hideousness . . . um . . . ness. Will this be her Last Stand?

RichH2
December 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Wasn't this the Lehigh team when RichH was an undergrad?

xlolx Yup,thats me imitating a kicking tee.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hideousness . . . um . . . ness. Will this be her Last Stand?

haha yes! Weird you mention that as the little log cabin next to my parents (and we were talking about this Thanksgiving Day) had a noticeable inscription in the concrete on the front porch "Custer's Last Stand" that I recall as a young teenager. It was disputed so I went over there that day (no one was around thankfully) and took a picture of the inscription to confirm it. I hadn't been over at that house probably since the late 70s and neither had anyone of the family as we really didn't have much contact with them. If I recall correctly just after we moved in I was sent over to borrow a cup of sugar a couple times. But Kuster is in a GOP leaning district and BOTH NH congressional districts had Dems elected in 2008 and dumped in 2010 and now once again Democrats are in the seats. So depending on how midterms shape up, it may well be her last stand! Good one Bogus!

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM

Wonder if Ms. Garcia should run for Governor instead? Maggie Hassan (Dem) was only elected in 2012. NH terms are for 2 years like Vermont. She could become even bigger than Sarah Palin! But my bet is she feels more secure running and winning in this GOP formidable district (NH 2).

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
She could become even bigger than Sarah Palin

I dunno . . . can Mari field-dress an elk with a cub scout knife?

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
I dunno . . . can Mari field-dress an elk with a cub scout knife?

IDK but I have heard she has done that with a leopard though!

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
By now, of course, you realize that AGS has received hundreds of letters and telephone calls from people just like you asking, "why does Page One still have a thread about a first round game that no one saw and even fewer care about, in which a team with a losing record was shamed and annihilated by a perennial title contender?"

Well, I'll tell you. The object of this thread no longer is to discuss bovine gastroenterology or to congratulate the UNH Wildcats on their commanding performance. Rather, the object is to tally page views until the posted total is more than (a) the cumulative annual attendance for all games at Georgetown's Multi-Sport Field, or (b) whatever is the most views that a Lehigh thread ever got - whichever is greater.

Your contribution is appreciated, as always.

Pards Rule
December 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
By now, of course, you realize that AGS has received hundreds of letters and telephone calls from people just like you asking, "why does Page One still have a thread about a first round game that no one saw and even fewer care about, in which a team with a losing record was shamed and annihilated by a perennial title contender?"

Well, I'll tell you. The object of this thread no longer is to discuss bovine gastroenterology or to congratulate the UNH Wildcats on their commanding performance. Rather, the object is to tally page views until the posted total is more than (a) the cumulative annual attendance for all games at Georgetown's Multi-Sport Field, or (b) whatever is the most views that a Lehigh thread ever got - whichever is greater.

And heading for 50!

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM

It is certainly more popular than the Maine thread...not sure what that says.... New Hampshire politics is always a fun topic though....

UNHWildcat18
December 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
It was a thread with a PL team in it, their posters take over any thread with more posts and for longer periods of time regardless of topic. Also the fcs's best high jackers

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
It was a thread with a PL team in it, their posters take over any thread with more posts and for longer periods of time regardless of topic. Also the fcs's best high jackers

We don't hijack. We evolve.

Fordham
December 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
... and THEN we hijack

... and then we evolve again

Pard4Life
December 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
The only reason this thread has lasted this long is due to the dysfunctional arguments of the Lehigh brood.

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
The only reason this thread has lasted this long is due to the dysfunctional arguments of the Lehigh brood.

The goal now is 15,000 reads. Maybe with enough nose-thumbing at the Taunt n' Mocks, they'll bite.

Engineer86
December 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM

I resent that comment xlolx

Engineer86
December 2nd, 2013, 08:02 PM
The goal now is 15,000 reads. Maybe with enough nose-thumbing at the Taunt n' Mocks, they'll bite.

Wait I am not sure but I think you might be trying to trick me into keeping this thread alive till 50xrolleyesx

Engineer86
December 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
And to think you only gave up 45 in the game, yet you might make it to 50 on here:D

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Every little post counts.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
In honor of Lafayette's butt kicking of Lehigh I'll waste my 10,000th on post within this thread!

Carry on.....

Sader87
December 2nd, 2013, 09:45 PM
We still could have been in the Big East y'know......

Lehigh'98
December 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Can't wait until Lehigh buries Maine next round.

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 10:39 PM
In honor of Lafayette's butt kicking of Lehigh I'll waste my 10,000th on post within this thread!

Carry on.....

Awesome! Glad it was put to good use.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Can't wait until Lehigh buries Maine next round.

I don't get it.

Bogus Megapardus
December 2nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
I don't get it.

It's a self-deprecating PL inside joke. Well done, too. The irony stems from the oft-made contention that "everything is about Lehigh" in the PL and that all PL threads must include a discussion about how the topic being discussed, whatever it is, affects Lehigh.

Extending this theme, Lehigh'98 artfully projects Lehigh into the second round of the playoffs, implying that to suggest otherwise can't possibly be true. Simple! :)

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2013, 05:50 AM
It's a self-deprecating PL inside joke. Well done, too. The irony stems from the oft-made contention that "everything is about Lehigh" in the PL and that all PL threads must include a discussion about how the topic being discussed, whatever it is, affects Lehigh.

Extending this theme, Lehigh'98 artfully projects Lehigh into the second round of the playoffs, implying that to suggest otherwise can't possibly be true. Simple! :)

And brilliant at the same time. Carry on! Somehow I have to tie Marilinda Garcia to Lehigh I guess. Haha, her people are probably still trying to figure out how google search on her calls up AGS!

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2013, 07:03 AM
UNH absolutely DOMINATED this 5-6 team! Lets keep re-living this game as it was an absolutely fantastic game to watch!......

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
UNH absolutely DOMINATED this 5-6 team! Lets keep re-living this game as it was an absolutely fantastic game to watch!......

Yes they did! It is such a stellar achievement indeed to blow up a 5-6 team that only made the playoffs due to the autobid and would not be in it if this were 2003. A great accomplishment!!

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
And brilliant at the same time. Carry on! Somehow I have to tie Marilinda Garcia to Lehigh

Simple. Ms. Garcia is Catholic and since she's obviously intelligent (given her resume), she coulda gone to Holy Cross. Holy Cross is in the Patriot League. And there can be no mention ever of anything about the Patriot League without discussing how it relates to Lehigh.

Pards Rule
December 3rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
Simple. Ms. Garcia is Catholic and since she's obviously intelligent (given her resume), she coulda gone to Holy Cross. Holy Cross is in the Patriot League. And there can be no mention ever of anything about the Patriot League without discussing how it relates to Lehigh.

Touchdown! That was done in three degrees too! :)

crusader11
December 3rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
My assertion that this Lafayette team is not much better than Hobart is accurate

No, it's not accurate. And your former teammates at UNH would disagree with you. Lafayette, along with every other PL team, would wipe the floor with Hobart.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Soo...Lehigh's getting a transfer running back from the "U"? He was a walk-on there after suffering a knee injury in HS....

Lehigh'98
December 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM

Glad someone got the joke, thanks Bogie!!

crusader11
December 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Recent history has shown the CAA to be superior to the PL. Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about, everyone knows this -- it's common knowledge.

I do question whether you actually played football at UNH like you said you did. Anyone who strapped it up would know that almost any FCS football team outside of the Pioneer League would handily beat a team from the ECAC. I was friendly with plenty of guys who played at the PL / CAA level, and others who played in the NESCAC and ECAC -- simply a totally different level of football.

crusader11
December 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
to look much different than Hobart, Mt. Union, Linfield, etc. That's all I'm saying.

Sorry for the string of posts, but to compare Hobart to Mount Union is laughable. Mount Union routinely has transfers from FBS and JuCo schools, and could probably be competitive at the FCS level. Hobart? Not in the same stratosphere.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Yes they did! It is such a stellar achievement indeed to blow up a 5-6 team that only made the playoffs due to the autobid and would not be in it if this were 2003. A great accomplishment!!

Lafayette shut out Maine 17-0 in 1981. Lafayette also beat Lehigh in 1981. Lehigh beat Maine in 1981. However, Lehigh lost to UNH by a single point in 1981 while UHN beat Lafayette by 3 in 1981. Therefore, a "full strength" Lehigh woulda won the national championship in 1981. The record books should be adjusted accordingly.