PDA

View Full Version : OVC Week 13/ Playoffs????

Skyhawk71
November 24th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Final Standings:

Eastern Illinois 8-0 (11-1) *AQ
Tennessee State 6-2 (9-3) ** Potential At-Large
Jacksonville State 5-3 (9-3) ** Potential At-Large
Tennessee-Martin 5-3 (7-5)
Murray State 4-4 (6-6)
Eastern Kentucky 4-4 (6-6)
Tennessee Tech 2-6 (5-7)
Southeast Missouri 2-6 (3-9)
Austin Peay 0-8 (0-12)

Week 13:
Eastern Illinois 70 Tennessee-Martin 22
Murray State 34 Eastern Kentucky 27 (OT)
Tennessee Tech 34 Austin Peay 0
Jacksonville State 42 Southeast Missouri 34

Please take time to comment on your teams season, and your thoughts on the playoffs:

Cocky
November 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hope someone wins

Skyhawk71
November 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Tennessee-Martin (projected 5th, 4-8) I'll go back to preseason when we where all sitting around trying to find 5 wins on the schedule, and hoping for 6-6, but it turned out a little better than anticipated. The 'Hawks lost to EIU, TSU and JSU, all ahead of them and did not have a let down game against any of the other equal or lesser teams in the conference. OOC wins over Tennessee-Chattanooga and Central Arkansas, and OOC losses to Boise State and Memphis- the only woulda, coulda, shoulda, game I have is Memphis- that could have been a win................

Playoffs: EIU, is easily the best team I've seen in the OVC, they are a legit mid-major FBS type team: special teams is suspect and that might matter when they play an equal opponent, but I'm sold on the Panthers...............

TSU: I just don't see TSU being left out, 9-3 (8-3) with losses to a top 15 and the #2, the hiccup at EKU should not cost them a playoff appearance............
JSU: Will the committee take another 9-3 (8-3) OVC team- perhaps, but I would say that JSU is a bigger bubble team than TSU..............
I'm with Cocky on this one- I hope someone wins............

TTUEagles
November 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I realize no one cares, but I'll go ahead with TTU: Honestly, I thought it would be a 7-5 team, but really had terrible QB play all year and the offensive line issues were a surprise.
TECH's Def. Coordinator moved on to ETSU one week before fall camp, but the defense was actually a pleasant surprise.
Our lone All-OVC first team pick will be Zinchini - punter - who is already getting NFL looks and may vie for All American.
TTU only loses 12 seniors and 7 of them didn't play in the last 3-4 games due to injury... This has been the most apathetic football season for me, I only went to one game and only just checked the scores on 3-4 others - not a word listened from radio or internet... Depressing, but also I was encouraged that attendance was really good (for TTU) this year, so hopefully I'll rebound next season.
I'm pulling hard for EIU to win several in the tournament and get Jax St in there (I think TSU is a lock - a win depends on matchup in the 1st)

Cocky
November 24th, 2013, 08:39 AM
TTU needs a coaching change.

TTUEagles
November 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
TTU needs a coaching change.

I know what you mean and don't necessarily disagree. But, it will never happen - and will look somewhat absurd to remove a guy who won the school's first title in over 30 years.

PanthersBlue
November 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
This has been a fun ride for the Panthers so far..... I hope it keeps going until about the first weekend in January and beyond. I would also like to say good luck to all OVC tams that make the field. Let's turn this streak around and all make a run.

Cocky
November 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
http://www.csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=153
pantherblue, anyway EIU would use this forum? Your team is too good not to have a place for fan interaction.

JSU02
November 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I know what you mean and don't necessarily disagree. But, it will never happen - and will look somewhat absurd to remove a guy who won the school's first title in over 30 years.

It does when is he the losing-est active football coach in the nation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_coaches_with_100_losses#A ctive_coaches

TTUEagles
November 24th, 2013, 07:33 PM
It does when is he the losing-est active football coach in the nation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_coaches_with_100_losses#A ctive_coaches

Thanks for that!:)
Insert knife. Twist.

Skyhawk71
November 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Week 14:
Eastern Illinois #2 Seed (Bye)
Tennessee State at Butler
Samford at Jacksonville State

All of the OVC is behind you guys, Jax State has the tougher of the two games, but I think its winnable, the conference needs to get a win over the SOCON; Tennessee State just can't lose to Butler, that would lead to even myself questioning any future at-large bids- again best of luck.............

Tighteye
November 25th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Tennessee State just can't lose to Butler

+1
The Big Blue Tigers simply cannot fail to execute a victory against a non scholarship program.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Tennessee State should win. Jacksonville State could very well beat Samford too. I know it has been a while since the OVC has had any wins in the playoffs, but this is the year that will change.