PDA

View Full Version : Final Projections from Sports Network and Nobowls.com

TigerFen
November 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Here's the last projections for the field from Sports Network and Nobowls.com:

From Sports Network in their current Inside the FCS huddle: http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/index.htm

The last Nobowls.com projection from last night: http://nobowls.com/

kdinva
November 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Disagree w/Northern Iowa in the mix.............UTC would be better, IMO.......at least the Mocs shared their league title, didn't finish 3-5 like UNI did.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Would be pretty crappy for the Griz to be positioned to play NDSU in Fargo with a play-in game win.

TigerFen
November 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Would be pretty crappy for the Griz to be positioned to play NDSU in Fargo with a play-in game win.

I agree on this front and hope that isn't the way it falls for the Grizzlies. They deserve better than to face NDSU in a the second round. I think they're the second best team in the Big Sky.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I agree on this front and hope that isn't the way it falls for the Grizzlies. They deserve better than to face NDSU in a the second round. I think they're the second best team in the Big Sky.

How? Lost head to head to NAU and played a DII

Saint3333
November 24th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I really hope UTC makes the field. I want that for the true UTC fans that have been there the last 30 years and for chattown so there are no excuses when he hibernates in December.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM

Bison would roll the Griz. Bring them on.

TigerFen
November 24th, 2013, 08:30 AM

They've also beaten a top 20 Montana State Team and also actually have a defense in the Big Sky conference (an offensive leaning conference). They could give NDSU fits in two weeks (assuming that's the way the bracket goes).

McNeese75
November 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Not a fan of nobowls

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM
They've also beaten a top 20 Montana State Team and also actually have a defense in the Big Sky conference (an offensive leaning conference). They could give NDSU fits in two weeks (assuming that's the way the bracket goes).

:\ I feel like you should bold that part.

USD vs Montana 27-31 game decided with the Griz taking the lead to win after the two minute warning.

USD vs NDSU 0-42 Game decided well before halftime. Guess what, NDSU had two turnovers in this game and pulled the starters in the 3rd qtr.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Bison would roll the Griz. Bring them on.

This.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM

A good BSC defense is relative. They gave up 48 and barely beat Sac State in OT.

That top 20 Montana State team was barely hanging on to that ranking after dropping 2, now 3 games to end the season.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 08:39 AM
The state of South Dakota failed to score points on NDSU, I just realized that, lol.

62-0 combined.

robsnotes4u
November 24th, 2013, 09:30 AM

The reasoning behind a decision like that is simple. The committee would be thinking the favorite is SDSU so they have Regional proximity. If the committee thought Montana would beat SDSU then the bracket would be set for them to play Eastern Washington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM

I hope Montana comes to Fargo. Epic meltdown over on egriz after the Bison beat them down.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Disagree w/Northern Iowa in the mix.............UTC would be better, IMO.......at least the Mocs shared their league title, didn't finish 3-5 like UNI did.
League record should have nothing to do with it. The sole factors should be win/loss record, schedule strength, and quality of wins (aka "Who did you play and who did you beat?"). IMO, UNI has 4 wins that are better than anything Chatty has done. Iowa St, McNeese St, Youngstown St, and Missouri St are all better than any wins on Chatty's resume. I think that's more than enough to discount Chatty's one extra D1 win and 2 less FCS losses.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
League record should have nothing to do with it. The sole factors should be win/loss record, schedule strength, and quality of wins (aka "Who did you play and who did you beat?"). IMO, UNI has 4 wins that are better than anything Chatty has done. Iowa St, McNeese St, Youngstown St, and Missouri St are all better than any wins on Chatty's resume. I think that's more than enough to discount Chatty's one extra D1 win and 2 less FCS losses.

This.

UNI would have been undefeated in the SoCon this year.

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Moral of the story for UNI...we are in at 7-5 if we lose to Iowa state and mcneese stare but beat Illinois state and southern Illinois

How ****ed up is that

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk