PDA

View Full Version : Southern Univ. @ Jackson State

Mr. Tiger
October 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
This is the true game of the week. :hurray: Two schools with good football tradition playing in front of over 60,000 screaming football fans. This is not a classic. There is no parade. This will be the renewal of a good old football rivalry in Jackson, Mississippi. If you haven't seen it, GET YOUR TICKET. Great tailgating. Great food. There only one problem. I can't be there :nonono2: :bawling: I haven't missed one of these in Jackson in a long time. As for the two teams -- Jackson State is 3-1 under first-year coach Rick Comegy. Southern has been up and down, but with Pete Richardson the Jags are always dangerous. Should be a good one. :thumbsup:

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2006, 08:04 PM
JSU looking good and Southern a little disappointing thus far. They will be looking to garner some of that respect back. I look for Jackson St to win this one by 2 scores.

GAD
October 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
As usual this should be a great one I will be there, everybody gets up for this one fans, players, coaches add to that its been three years since the game has been played in "Jacktown" ahhh man I can't wait

btw all J-State fans are ask to wear white
all SU fans are ask to wear gold

Mr. Tiger
October 10th, 2006, 09:29 PM
JSU fans urged to wear white to Southern game

The Clarion-ledger

Jackson State University football fans are being asked to wear white tops for Saturday's SWAC football contest versus Southern University, in the Tigers' first "White Out" at Memorial Stadium.

"We want a sea of white on our side," said JSU athletics director Robert Braddy.

Some 25,000 Southern Jaguar fans are expected to attend Saturday's game.

Braddy says the "White Out" will demonstrate JSU unity. "This is our house and we're going to make sure they know that," he said.

Fans are encouraged to wear white JSU T-shirts or other JSU paraphernalia to completely white-out the home side of Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Kickoff for Saturday's game is set for 6 p.m. Jackson State leads the SWAC Eastern Division and enters the game with a 4-1 overall record (3-0 in the SWAC).

Tailgating will begin at 8 a.m. Thursday.

SU Jag
October 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod:

jstate83
October 11th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Yep..................It's time to open that "I-55 parking lot" again for this one.
Gotta wear my white "travel jersey" instaed of my Blue "home jersey".

Memorial Parking start's Thursday..........You know the RV crowd.:D

Saturday forcast..................45 degrees at 7 am warming to the upper 60's by noon.

NO RAIN!!:hurray:

BET's Black College Tour arrives at Jackson State University Friday on the Plaza from Noon to 4pm.

Saturday morning Check list:

Ticket's:D
Beverages already purchased:D
Catfish......washed and ready in freezer.:D
Earl Cambell hotlinks:D
Burgers:D
Gumbo............Have not decide if I will have time Friday night to make this.:D

Got 6 call's reserving space at the "Inn" for this weekend.

arranger101
October 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I would love to go to this one, but I will be watching us dismantle the '100'! :rotateh:

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 11th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Any chance this game on TV?

BLUE TIGER
October 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM

There might be a slim chance, but I doubt it will happen. Its going to be a crazy weekend when 60k fans pack Memorial Stadium.

Mr. Tiger
October 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM

I wish. I'm stuck up north and can't make this one. :nonono2:

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 11th, 2006, 03:11 PM
:hurray:

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 11th, 2006, 03:14 PM
http://yourtopchoice.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TCPVM&Category_Code=GD

http://xvertisement.com/Xplayer/index.cfm?mediaID=102

jstate83
October 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I wish. I'm stuck up north and can't make this one. :nonono2:

Tisk, Tisk.

Friday 2pm til Tuesday morning......................This is all the work I will be doing. xprost2x :beerchug: :thumbsup:

3rd Coast Tiger
October 12th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I'll be in Lorman this weekend for the Alcorn/Texas Southern game and leave around halftime headed straight for Jackson!!! :bow:

jstate83
October 12th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I'll be in Lorman this weekend for the Alcorn/Texas Southern game and leave around halftime headed straight for Jackson!!! :bow:

Trying to pull off that Alcorn / JSU double header I see.:nod:

Did that a couple of times.:D
You in for a long, BUT FUN, day.xlolx

GOOD LUCK!! :smiley_wi .

jstate83
October 12th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Kickoff for Saturday's game is set for 6 p.m. Jackson State leads the SWAC Eastern Division and enters the game with a 4-1 overall record (3-0 in the SWAC).

Got call that JSU people were lined up at 8 am sharp for those early Tailgating passes.:thumbsup:

Getting the jump on the masses.xlolx
It's probably a small town down there now.xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
October 12th, 2006, 12:57 PM
This is the true game of the week. :hurray: Two schools with good football tradition playing in front of over 60,000 screaming football fans. This is not a classic. There is no parade.

It was a "Classic" when it was played in New Orleans.

jstate83
October 12th, 2006, 06:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was a New Orleans promotion.

THIS IS NOT A CLASSIC.
I challenge you to find classic anywhere in Jackson this weekend.

But...............Back to the subject.

Just left Memorial.
They got a party going on down there.xlolx
It look like gameday already.

JSU is in there deep and SU is comming in.
By tomorrow night, that place is going to be shut down.:nod:

mikebigg
October 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM
It's gonna be close to 60K in Jackson... Not sure if all will be in the stadium, but it's gonna be crunk. :thumbsup:

MACHIAVELLI
October 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was a New Orleans promotion.

So it is a classic some times.

jstate83
October 12th, 2006, 06:36 PM
So it is a classic some times.

Whatever Mach.

Forgot....................if the xlolx ICON xlolx is not in the spotlight, you gotta find something to dig at.xlolx

jstate83
October 12th, 2006, 06:40 PM
It's gonna be close to 60K in Jackson... Not sure if all will be in the stadium, but it's gonna be crunk. :thumbsup:

It's looking that way.:nod:

Homecomming is going to be something else judging by this turnout.:thumbsup:

jstate83
October 13th, 2006, 09:22 AM
ABOUT FACE.........Comegy has Tigers program, fans headed in right direction. (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/SPORTS030101/610130350/0/SPORTS) :thumbsup:

Photo by Vickie D. King/ Clarion Ledger

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thursday morning and dude said he's late. xlolx
Pre-game tailgating is fan's favorite sport!! (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/NEWS/610130379/1001/news)

What time THE REST, xlolx , of you JAGS arriving in Jacktown?xlolx
If you don't have a room.............Good luck.:D
They are all booked up in the Metro area this weekend.:D

SU Jag
October 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I'm headed to Jackson in about 2 hours! Good luck to anyone who doesnt have a hotel yet!:nod:

SU Jag
October 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
I would love to go to this one, but I will be watching us dismantle the '100'! :rotateh:

Nice pic! dismantle? Maybe in the stands, the 100 is king of feild shows. Now back to football:hurray:

jstate83
October 13th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I'm headed to Jackson in about 2 hours! Good luck to anyone who doesnt have a hotel yet!:nod:

Have a good trip down.:thumbsup:

My countdown has started.................Only 4 1/2 hours til 2pm...............THAT'S QUITIN' TIME TODAY!! xlolx

SU Jag
October 13th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Hopefully I can get some pics from this weekend on here!:nod:

GeauxColonels
October 14th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Driving around Baton Rouge this morning, I can tell you that the Jaguar Nation is on its way to Jackson! Good luck to both teams!

JSUCroft
October 14th, 2006, 11:57 AM
ABOUT FACE.........Comegy has Tigers program, fans headed in right direction. (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/SPORTS030101/610130350/0/SPORTS) :thumbsup:

Photo by Vickie D. King/ Clarion Ledger

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thursday morning and dude said he's late. xlolx
Pre-game tailgating is fan's favorite sport!! (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061013/NEWS/610130379/1001/news)

What time THE REST, xlolx , of you JAGS arriving in Jacktown?xlolx
If you don't have a room.............Good luck.:D
They are all booked up in the Metro area this weekend.:D

:hurray: fire it JState fire it up I just pass the stadium and it about 15K in the park now.

JSUCroft
October 14th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Remember we are having shuttle service from several locations in the city to and from the game. Other words you dont have to drive drunk.

JSUCroft
October 14th, 2006, 12:05 PM

Smart man. :nod: Only problem getting into the stadium.

JSUCroft
October 14th, 2006, 12:11 PM
It was a "Classic" when it was played in New Orleans.

Dont need to be a classic when SU and JSU plays. It will always be 50k and you know this mane.

GAD
October 15th, 2006, 09:13 AM
:nod: Hey we lost but I had the time of my life, the tailgate was unflippen real you could smell it from like a mile away. The crowd was pumped, the game was a double OT thriller.