PDA

View Full Version : More penalties in the Southland?

Demonguy
October 10th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Just checked out the NCAA stats and was puzzled by these numbers for the fewest penalties per game:

114. Texas State: 10.8/gm - 100.6 yds/gm
115. Northwestern State: 11.2/gm - 87.6 yds/gm
116. McNeese State: 12/gm - 109 yds/gm

Is this just a problem with these three teams or something systemic in the conference?

Other numbers:

34. Sam Houston
49. Southeastern La.
49. Nicholls
62. Stephen F. Austin

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2006, 07:29 PM
May be an indication as to why the conference seems down, especially those 3 listed

slycat
October 10th, 2006, 08:09 PM
the slc refs are awful this year. they love throwin the yellow flags. not to mention the obvious td we scored against northern colorado that got called back. they've already had to apologize once.

still thats not the only reason we are playing bad.

AppGuy04
October 10th, 2006, 08:12 PM
10-12 penalties a game can not be blamed on the stripes, maybe one per game at most

blackfordpu
October 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM
the slc refs are awful this year. they love throwin the yellow flags. not to mention the obvious td we scored against northern colorado that got called back. they've already had to apologize once.

still thats not the only reason we are playing bad.

I don't think it is the refs. Young teams also contribute to this. I heard the announcers say there were only 8 seniors on the Demons squad this season. Experience does account for a lot.

Retro
October 10th, 2006, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes: The refs are horrible in the SLC and have been for some time..

This past week they threw an Excessive celebration penalty on WR carlise franklin after a long td pass where there was no one around him and as he entered the end zone, he had his right hand raised #1 looking toward the mcneese band.. No taunting toward other players or anything like that.

Lionsrking
October 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
:rolleyes: The refs are horrible in the SLC and have been for some time..

This past week they threw an Excessive celebration penalty on WR carlise franklin after a long td pass where there was no one around him and as he entered the end zone, he had his right hand raised #1 looking toward the mcneese band.. No taunting toward other players or anything like that.

Don't get me started on the officials again!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

McNeese75
October 10th, 2006, 11:23 PM
10-12 penalties a game can not be blamed on the stripes, maybe one per game at most

: smh : Sorry 04, you are Sooooooooooooo wrong when it comes to the SLC officiating this year. The officials have determined the outcome of several games this year and have admitted to blown calls as well. As a general rule, these bad calls do not determine the outcome of a game but I can think of at least two or three SLC team games this year that have been lost because of blown calls. :mad: :bang:

McNeese averaging 12 penalties a game is NOT an officiating problem, it is a dicipline issue and is currently be addressed by the team and coaches.