PDA

View Full Version : Preview - Sam Houston St. at Central Arkansas

MyFountainonline
November 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Channel 6 Scoreboard preview of Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas -

http://www.myfountainonline.com/preview-bears-vs-bearkats

citdog
November 22nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2013/06/27/Others/Images/2013-06-27/navy-41372359193.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
November 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
The Bears are acquitting themselves very nicely today!

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
WTF is going on? I haven't been able to follow the game much, but I'm playing catchup now that the Bison game is over.

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Brian Bell was injured and did not start. He was in no shape to play and was admirable, particularly in the first 15-20 minutes of the second half.

Special team miscues and several 'short fields' for UCA allowed the game to get out of hand.

Wish the SHSU seniors well, they really made an impact on our program. Unfortunately, SHSU did not have enough bullets in the holster this year. I'm sure some will harp on the coordinators a bit, but we'll leave that ultimate decision to Willie Fritz. He's the one that elevated the SHSU program and taken it to a whole new level and will make the moves he feels is necessary to continue to build for the future.

Texas
November 23rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Awful coaching, and playing Bell with an injured throwing shoulder is what went on.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Awful coaching, and playing Bell with an injured throwing should is what went on.

Injuries are unfortunate. I knew you guys were going into this game banged up, but I thought you guys would be able to gut it out and make the postseason. Think you guys still get in on reputation for the past few years?

Texas
November 23rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Injuries are unfortunate. I knew you guys were going into this game banged up, but I thought you guys would be able to gut it out and make the postseason. Think you guys still get in on reputation for the past few years?
We do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Need a huge shake up on Defensive and Offensive playcalling/coaching.

BisonFan02
November 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
We do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Need a huge shake up on Defensive and Offensive playcalling/coaching.

Was the game on ESPN3 at all?

Texas
November 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Was the game on ESPN3 at all?
It was.

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
UCA has a very good offensive attack, even without Smothers (not so sure Howard isn't better passer), and starting front seven on defense is quality. They lack depth but still a solid football team. I'm sure they're kicking themselves over the blown losses at UTM and NW State.

centennial
November 23rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
SHSU still had a chance in the end before that return that was touched by mistake. Does SHSU not have any other solid QB except bell?

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
SHSU still had a chance in the end before that return that was touched by mistake. Does SHSU not have any other solid QB except bell?

They should have kicked the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 10, when it was 42-17 ... could have gotten it down to eight, which may have changed strategy and momentum down the stretch.

BEAR
November 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
UCA has a very good offensive attack, even without Smothers (not so sure Howard isn't better passer), and starting front seven on defense is quality. They lack depth but still a solid football team. I'm sure they're kicking themselves over the blown losses at UTM and NW State.

1 point loss to UT-Martin
3 point loss to NWST.
That's history. It was a good year though. Too many injuries and the freshmen HAD to play catchup.. but sadly not enough time. Proud of them anyway. Good luck to Sam if they make the playoffs. Bell was a difference maker tonight.