PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - 10/14

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
1-0 Nicholls @ 1-0 SHSU

Four weeks on the road and the Kats are 3-2 overall, 1-0 in conference play. There's as much excitement as there has been in Huntsville in two years. Three of the six times SHSU has won their SLC opener (this was the Kats' seventh win), they went on to win the league title. The other three seasons were pretty solid themselves. Nicholls is a great team and the defending SLC champs. Long way from Nicholls to Huntsville. Kats are looking to revenge last year's loss and it's Homecoming in Huntsville. SHSU wins by 14, SHSU 34-20 Nicholls

0-1 NWST @ 0-1 SELA

This game should be a wild affair in Hammond. NW State is coming off a loss at home to SHSU and SELA fell last week in Thibodaux to Nicholls. This game will eliminate the loser from the SLC race concievably and the winner will be right back in the thick of things. The Purple Swarm defense is going to give Southeastern fits. If NWST can hold off the Lions' running attack and not give up the big plays they did to SHSU, the Demons will be in business. The last few weeks, the Demons have been in the red zone and not capitalized. They're bound to turn that around. NW ST 27-23 SELA

0-1 TXST @ 0-0 McN

The Bobcats blew out McNeese last year in San Marcos. McNeese is riding the emotions of having their head coach let go and are 1-0 since with a win over Southern Utah. The Bobcats are going to try to take this one in Lake Charles as Bailiff will have his team ready. The question is, what kind of Bobcat team will we see in Louisiana this week? McNeese is going in to the game knowing they need to get off on the right step in SLC play as they are a contender to win the conference title and they know all too well how they were treated in San Marcos. This game would essentially eliminate the 'Cats from SLC title contention with a loss and would give the SLC a possible gauge on where the Pokes are as they step into SLC play. McN 31-19 TXST

TT's SLC Prediction Record (conference games only) 3-0

blackfordpu
October 10th, 2006, 01:11 PM
1-0 Nicholls @ 1-0 SHSU

Four weeks on the road and the Kats are 3-2 overall, 1-0 in conference play. There's as much excitement as there has been in Huntsville in two years. Three of the six times SHSU has won their SLC opener (this was the Kats' seventh win), they went on to win the league title. The other three seasons were pretty solid themselves. Nicholls is a great team and the defending SLC champs. Long way from Nicholls to Huntsville. Kats are looking to revenge last year's loss and it's Homecoming in Huntsville. SHSU wins by 14, SHSU 34-20 Nicholls
0-1 NWST @ 0-1 SELA

This game should be a wild affair in Hammond. NW State is coming off a loss at home to SHSU and SELA fell last week in Thibodaux to Nicholls. This game will eliminate the loser from the SLC race concievably and the winner will be right back in the thick of things. The Purple Swarm defense is going to give Southeastern fits. If NWST can hold off the Lions' running attack and not give up the big plays they did to SHSU, the Demons will be in business. The last few weeks, the Demons have been in the red zone and not capitalized. They're bound to turn that around. NW ST 27-23 SELA

0-1 TXST @ 0-0 McN

The Bobcats blew out McNeese last year in San Marcos. McNeese is riding the emotions of having their head coach let go and are 1-0 since with a win over Southern Utah. The Bobcats are going to try to take this one in Lake Charles as Bailiff will have his team ready. The question is, what kind of Bobcat team will we see in Louisiana this week? McNeese is going in to the game knowing they need to get off on the right step in SLC play as they are a contender to win the conference title and they know all too well how they were treated in San Marcos. This game would essentially eliminate the 'Cats from SLC title contention with a loss and would give the SLC a possible gauge on where the Pokes are as they step into SLC play. McN 31-19 TXST

You think it will be that lopsided even though the Kats will have to defend the option?

Dallas Demon
October 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I predict Northwestern St. will have 500+ yards of offense and be within the red zone 8+ times. I've learned not to try and translate that to a score, however, as it just flat out doesn't work this season.: smh :

NWST over SE LA
SHSU over Nicholls St.
McNeese St. over Texas St.
UC Davis over Central Arkansas

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2006, 01:17 PM
You think it will be that lopsided even though the Kats will have to defend the option?

If the Kats put the big plays together this week early in the game as was the case last week, they'll force the Colonels through the air.

TW has told his players how important it is in the SLC to get on top early. You force your opponent to make mistakes if that's the case. If the Kats come out early and take a lead, the Colonels are going to have problems...

Kats will be fired up infront of the home crowd as well...which for the first time this season will feature yours truly! :nod:

birdsflyhigh
October 10th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Going to go with the consensus here:

NW St. wins over SE LA

SHSU gets the W over Nicholls St.

McNeese beats Texas St. The bottom has dropped out for the Bobcats

UC-Davis gets by UCA The Bears show better against Davis than they did last week versus SDSU. STILL think UCA is better than many are give them credit

Good luck to all teams and may they play injury free games :thumbsup:

blackfordpu
October 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Going to go with the consensus here:

NW St. wins over SE LA

SHSU gets the W over Nicholls St.

McNeese beats Texas St. The bottom has dropped out for the Bobcats

UC-Davis gets by UCA The Bears show better against Davis than they did last week versus SDSU. STILL think UCA is better than many are give them credit

Good luck to all teams and may they play injury free games :thumbsup:

I think pretty much everyone has given UCA their due. I havn't really seen any knocking of the bears.

slycat
October 10th, 2006, 03:30 PM
nwst over slea
shsu over nicholls st
mcneese st over texas st
uc davis over uca

BEAR
October 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM
I think pretty much everyone has given UCA their due. I havn't really seen any knocking of the bears.

That's so true. :) ........and appreciated xlolx

Lionsrking
October 10th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Nicholls State...31
Sam Houston....24

Texas State...34
McNeese.......21

Southeastern...24
Northwestern...20

UCD...............23
UCA................7

HPCAT
October 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM
1-0 Nicholls @ 1-0 SHSU

0-1 NWST @ 0-1 SELA

0-1 TXST @ 0-0 McN

I may be old and my memory is fading, but didn't you predict TXST to beat SFA last week ? :o

blackfordpu
October 10th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Nicholls State...31
Sam Houston....24

Texas State...34
McNeese.......21

Southeastern...24
Northwestern...20

UCD...............23
UCA................7

Care to elaborate? You do know the Kats are at home right? We have a pretty good record playing at Bowers.:nod:

Lionsrking
October 10th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Care to elaborate? You do know the Kats are at home right? We have a pretty good record playing at Bowers.:nod:

I saw the replay of your game with NW and I think Nicholls has a stronger team.

GeauxLions94
October 10th, 2006, 10:32 PM
nwst over slea
shsu over nicholls st
mcneese st over texas st
uc davis over uca

Who :confused: :confused: :confused:

bobcatalum05
October 10th, 2006, 10:37 PM
1-0 Nicholls @ 1-0 SHSU

0-1 NWST @ 0-1 SELA

0-1 TXST @ 0-0 McN

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14390&highlight=predictions

2-1 You picked the Bobcats to beat the Jacks.

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I may be old and my memory is fading, but didn't you predict TXST to beat SFA last week ? :o

Your right. I'm 2-1...thanks 'Cats! :thumbsup:

slycat
October 10th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Who :confused: :confused: :confused:

ooo my bad. thats what i get for trying to type fast.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 11th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Nicholls over SHS (3-7 pts)
SELA over NWSt. (by 10...i don't think SELA will lose another conference game...)
McNeese over TxSt. (by 10-14)
UC-Davis over UCA (by...10-14)

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2006, 07:28 AM

Interesting...

SELA over NWSt. (by 10...i don't think SELA will lose another conference game...)

That would completely shock me. SELA is going to be a tough team to beat, but losing to Nicholls is not the best way to start SLC play, regardless if the game was in Thibodaux or not. SELA will have to really take it on the road and get wins, something the program has not done to the tune of 1-6 against SLC foes (prior to and during their SLC time)...

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I saw the replay of your game with NW and I think Nicholls has a stronger team.

And what impresses you so much about Nicholls?

GeauxLions94
October 11th, 2006, 08:55 AM
McNeese over TxSt. (by 10-14)
UC-Davis over UCA (by...10-14)

Hope you're right. :bow: It'll be tough, beginning this Saturday against Northwestern State. We still have to travel to San Marcos (against a team we've never beaten), plus travel to Lake Chuck for a game in "the Hole."

And SFA and Sam Houston State, another team we haven't figured out yet, aren't too shabby either.

With no clearcut favorite (and the following scenario will definitely not happen), BUT ... I wouldn't be totally shocked to find a six-way tie for first with everyone 3-3 :eyebrow:

I like ....
Sam Houston (2-0) over Nicholls State (1-1)
NW State (1-1) over Southeastern (0-2)
McNeese State (1-0) over Texas State (0-2)

Home team

Freightliner
October 11th, 2006, 11:02 AM
With no clearcut favorite (and the following scenario will definitely not happen), BUT ... I wouldn't be totally shocked to find a six-way tie for first with everyone 3-3 :eyebrow:

Never say never GL:nono:...remember..this is The Southland Conference where strange things CAN and DO happen :thumbsup: :nod:

Course if it was a 6 way tie...It probably would be you guys that get the bid being you havent been to the playoffs yet.

Someone want to try to solve this one??:read:

McNeese75
October 11th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Course if it was a 6 way tie...It probably would be you guys that get the bid being you havent been to the playoffs yet.

Someone want to try to solve this one??:read:

Pretty much a no-brainer there. The Lions would go.

GeauxLions94
October 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Pretty much a no-brainer there. The Lions would go.

With only four wins? If that happens then ..... hello New Hampshire!

Lionsrking
October 11th, 2006, 01:36 PM
And what impresses you so much about Nicholls?

Never mentioned anything about being impressed so much with Nicholls.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 11th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I predict Northwestern St. will have 500+ yards of offense and be within the red zone 8+ times. I've learned not to try and translate that to a score, however, as it just flat out doesn't work this season.: smh :

NWST over SE LA
SHSU over Nicholls St.
McNeese St. over Texas St.

Don't blame ya one bit. It wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those 40-35 games.

I am concerned about our QB play though....Rumor is Ricky Joe quit because Roch has been named the starter this week....any truth to this??

Dallas Demon
October 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Don't blame ya one bit. It wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those 40-35 games.

I am concerned about our QB play though....Rumor is Ricky Joe quit because Roch has been named the starter this week....any truth to this??

He definitely quit. It's Roch now.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 11th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Hmmmm....:read:

Gotta check up on him. From what I saw last week he's pretty mobile and seems pretty accurate.

Question is will he last....the dude looks like a toothpick back there.

Lionsrking
October 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those 40-35 games.

I don't think there will be anywhere close to that many points scored by either team.

kats89
October 11th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Meeks quit? Tell the dude to grow up. :bawling: Get the boy some cheese with his whine.

Ya'll didnt need him then. I think Roch is a better QB. More mobile and had a bit of savy to his game. I was actually more nervous last week when he was in the game rather than Meeks.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 11th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I don't think there will be anywhere close to that many points scored by either team.

Wasn't it you that said anything can happen in the Southland?;)

But yeah....I'll agree with ya....

But SOMEONE will score eventually....I think....I hope....I pray...amen

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Meeks quit? Tell the dude to grow up. :bawling: Get the boy some cheese with his whine.

Ya'll didnt need him then. I think Roch is a better QB. More mobile and had a bit of savy to his game. I was actually more nervous last week when he was in the game rather than Meeks.

I'm nervous every time he takes hit. It's good he's getting the PT...but at the same time I hope he bulks up (next season)....Last thing we need is an Injury to him....Santos is next in line if that senario happens.

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2006, 04:25 PM

I agree, his mobility scared the hell out of me.

Dallas Demon
October 12th, 2006, 12:46 AM

Can't say I ever recall a starting QB quitting mid-season. Too bad, we could have used the true freshman Edmond (Daingerfield, TX) from the beginning of the year as he appears to be very good. Now he has to burn his redshirt year. Here's the link on the story: http://www.nsudemons.com/story.asp?ID=2449

Dallas Demon
October 12th, 2006, 12:50 AM
I'm nervous every time he takes hit. It's good he's getting the PT...but at the same time I hope he bulks up (next season)....Last thing we need is an Injury to him....Santos is next in line if that senario happens.

True freshman Germayne Edmond is now the 2nd string QB, Santos will be 3rd string. Edmond will have to burn his redshirt year now. : smh :

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Can't say I ever recall a starting QB quitting mid-season. Too bad, we could have used the true freshman Edmond (Daingerfield, TX) from the beginning of the year as he appears to be very good. Now he has to burn his redshirt year. Here's the link on the story: http://www.nsudemons.com/story.asp?ID=2449

If you have two other QBs why burn his redshirt unless you need him?

Dallas Demon
October 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
If you have two other QBs why burn his redshirt unless you need him?

That's the question I've been asking. Apparently the true freshman (new 2nd string QB) has a considerable leg up on the 3rd string QB I'm guessing.:confused:

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 12th, 2006, 02:03 PM
True freshman Germayne Edmond is now the 2nd string QB, Santos will be 3rd string. Edmond will have to burn his redshirt year now. : smh :

:bang:

If it comes down to that....they might as well play Santos....Keep da Redshirt....

That's not an insult to Edmond....it's to keep that extra year of eligibility...