PDA

View Full Version : Brock Jensen Finds Ways To Lift Bison To Wins

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 01:31 PM
I met a remarkable player Saturday when North Dakota State beat Youngstown State. Spend a few minutes and get to know Brock Jensen:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/780-brock-jensen-finds-ways-to-lift-bison-to-wins

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Good player, I think he has a shot at the next level. Some people think he doesn't. He will probably get into a camp if he wants. That K-State 9 minute drive was a thing of beauty.

GABison
November 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Very nice article. Thank you!

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Well written my friend. He's a great kid and has proven his worth. While I don't agree w most Bison fans he's the best quarterback in FCS, he's a hell of competitor and I'm sure glad he's playing for us. Thanks for the link.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Nice article! xthumbsupx

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Good player, I think he has a shot at the next level. Some people think he doesn't. He will probably get into a camp if he wants. That K-State 9 minute drive was a thing of beauty.
The NFL scouts I've talked to say otherwise. One of the many really good college players who will be remembered for what a special player he was at this level. Not enough arm strength and a few other things to play at the NFL level.

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2013, 02:48 PM
The NFL scouts I've talked to say otherwise. One of the many really good college players who will be remembered for what a special player he was at this level. Not enough arm strength and a few other things to play at the NFL level.

That's my thoughts aswell. Thanks for the great article!

SoupCity85
November 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
Very well written article. That dude is a GREAT Quarterback....bar none. He'll beat you in whatever way he needs on that day. Should be in the running for the Payton Award. But he probably doesn't care about that.....although why would he, I'm sure walking away with 2 rings and number 3 most likely on the way will help him to not miss a trophy!!!!

dewey
November 21st, 2013, 03:58 PM
Nice article Mr. C. As a lifelong NDSU fan I know what a special 2, possibly 3, year stretch it has been and I am just glad to be able to watch as an extremely proud alum.

Brock Jensen and all of the players on the team exemplify the NDSU Bison motto of;

"The strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd."

Go Bison!

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM
Great article!!!!

Kudos!

I wouldn't trade Brock for any other QB in college FB. I agree that the NFL is probably not suited for him but he is a winner.

frozennorth
November 21st, 2013, 05:31 PM
the best he can hope for is a camp invite, and maybe earn himself a practice squad spot. He has looked much much better than the best the last month or so.

Grizo406
November 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM
Well done, Mr. C!

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
the best he can hope for is a camp invite, and maybe earn himself a practice squad spot. He has looked much much better than the best the last month or so.
Agreed, he is showing signs of growing as a QB. His reads have also become better. I think he could maybe be a 3rd string or practice squad. 2nd string would be pushing it. I've seen some NFL boards talking about him..

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Agreed, he is showing signs of growing as a QB. His reads have also become better. I think he could maybe be a 3rd string or practice squad. 2nd string would be pushing it. I've seen some NFL boards talking about him..

The same way the MWC board was talking about us yesterday? xsmugx

For those asking for a link, it is just lakes throwing **** at the wall and the regulars repeatedly telling him no.

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 06:32 PM
The same way the MWC board was talking about us yesterday? xsmugx

For those asking for a link, it is just lakes throwing **** at the wall and the regulars repeatedly telling him no.

Did someone go to the board and ask for NDSU to join? Is it lakes? He bounces between Sun Belt, MAC and MW boards.
Found it, lakes it is-
http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=51037&page=1

Drblankstare
November 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM
Thank you for well written article. I hope all Bison fans appreciate what they have in Brock Jensen, his type doesn't come around often.

HenZoneNation
November 22nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
You take having a strong, steady QB who wins you games for granted when you no longer have them around...trust me I know. He is a GREAT College QB, he's not an NFL QB. He'll go down in the same category as AE. He might not have the stats but he very well could have one more ring. You guys are gonna miss this class when they're gone that's for sure. Special group.

Go Bison
November 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Brock Jensen is a team player playing a team sport. He does what is asked of him and that translates to wins. He won't win many awards but will go down as a NDSU legend and champion. Not much more you can ask of a guy.

One last thing, it seems like people like to look at his passing stats but not his rushing stats. If you add his passing TDs to his rushing TD he has 29 TDs in 10 games. That is a pretty impressive stat.

moosbah
November 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Brock's bio in future media guides could be short. "Winner."