PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs 'Til I Die: Projecting the Playoff Field, 11/21/2013

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2013, 06:56 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/779-playoffs-till-i-die-projecting-the-fcs-playoff-field-11-19-2013

Probably the most interesting thing I discovered was how precarious Sam Houston State's situation is.

ccd494
November 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
"The Pioneer Football League is a strict non-athletic, scholarship conference."

May want to remove that comma. That reads like they are a scholarship conference that isn't athletic.

gotts
November 21st, 2013, 08:21 AM
"The Pioneer Football League is a strict non-athletic, scholarship conference."

May want to remove that comma. That reads like they are a scholarship conference that isn't athletic.

I'd leave it. I think it's true given the San Diego situation and how most of the other teams perform.

bluehenbillk
November 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
I don't see the SoCon getting 3.

kalm
November 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Nice to see them move us up to the 2.

UNHWildcat18
November 21st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Granted the teams I want to win/lose this weekend do, this is my projected playoff selection.
Big Sky (4)
EWU
SUU
UM
NAU

CAA (4)
Maine
Towson
W&M
UNH

Southland (3)
SELU
McNeese
Sam Houston

OVC (2)
EIU
Tstate or JSU

MEAC (1)
BCU

Pioneer (1)
Butler

Southern (2)
Chatty
Samford

Patriot (2)
Lehigh
Fordham

Big South (1)
CCU

NEC (1)
Sacred Heart

MVFC (3)
NDSU
YSU
SDSU if they win, if they lose maybe (SIU the only team at 7-5, only team that deserves it IMO close loss to big 10 team, lost two the number 1 and 2 seeded teams. a goof vs Missouri state but they are better than record shows.)

Grizalltheway
November 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
No way does Coastal deserve a seed over Montana if the Griz win on Saturday.

MSUBobcat
November 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM

Then your argument is really that UM deserves NAU's seed, because no way in hell all three playoff teams from the Big Sky get seeds. He went with NAU due to comparable schedules and the head to head over the Griz I'm guessing.

Live4Griz
November 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Then your argument is really that UM deserves NAU's seed, because no way in hell all three playoff teams from the Big Sky get seeds. He went with NAU due to comparable schedules and the head to head over the Griz I'm guessing.

Yeah, if NAU wins they'll get a seed which means the Griz will most likely miss out on a seed if they beat the Cats.

Grizalltheway
November 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM

Oops. Guess I should have looked at the bracket more carefully. :o

McNeese75
November 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM

I'm wondering why either deserve a seed over McNeese?

FargoBison
November 21st, 2013, 05:16 PM
I'm wondering why either deserve a seed over McNeese?

They don't. McNeese has a much better resume than either team.