PDA

View Full Version : would FCS All Star team beat North Dakota State?

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I don't know but it would be more interesting than seeing them destroy the field again.....

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:17 PM
This is ridiculous. Many FCS teams can beat NDSU on any given day.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Is said FCS all-star team coached by Ditka? :D

Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2013, 11:46 PM
An equally valid question; "Could any FCS team even beat the NDSU water boys, trainers, and cheerleaders?"

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 12:35 AM
Yes, I believe a team of all american would be stronger than NDSU. However could they play as a team? Have good coaching? Have good team chemistry? That is what makes teams great, talent alone can only take you so far. I would say an all star team vs any of the quarter finalist would probably a toss up because teams need to play together for a long time to bring out their potential.

dudeitsaid
November 21st, 2013, 02:13 AM
Could a team assembled of the top FCS players of all time have a hope of beating this years NDSU team???

Could Alabama or FSU be competitive against this years Bison???

Could the Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks beat this years NDSU team???

The answer is a resounding NO! :D

(BTW, the playoffs have been cancelled this year, as the teams are all there to win a NC, and since there is obviously no chance of that happening for anyone save NDSU, the crown has been awarded to the Bison, and the rest of the season and playoffs cancelled. In it's place, the games will be streamed from a Playstation from the Fargodown on EA sports NCAA 13 on ESPN2. Stay tuned for broadcast times.)

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 02:28 AM
Could a team assembled of the top FCS players of all time have a hope of beating this years NDSU team???

(BTW, the playoffs have been cancelled this year, as the teams are all there to win a NC, and since there is obviously no chance of that happening for anyone save NDSU, the crown has been awarded to the Bison, and the rest of the season and playoffs cancelled. In it's place, the games will be streamed from a Playstation from the Fargodown on EA sports NCAA 13 on ESPN2. Stay tuned for broadcast times.)

NCAA 13 got FCS teams? Sweet!

Modding isn't allowed when simulating games.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 02:29 AM
Could the New York Yankees beat NDSU Bison Football team in a football game?

frozennorth
November 21st, 2013, 03:28 AM
So far noone aside from UNI has been able to give NDSU a competitive game. MSU was the only one that really felt like a threat while watching it.

EKU-n-GSU
November 21st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Only if the team of FCS All Start team was made up of 22 Mike Ditka's.

knucklehead
November 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Man, it really needs to be Saturday. Folks are grasping at straws to stay entertained. haha

Fordham
November 21st, 2013, 07:58 AM

too funny. That skit was the first thing I thought of when reading this subject line. ... mini-NDSU against the heavenly choir of Angels.

AmsterBison
November 21st, 2013, 08:08 AM

^This. :)

2007. NDSU was 10-0. They had crushed Central Michigan by 30 (who later scored 48 on Purdue in some bowl game that only Bison fans remember.) NDSU also had beaten Minnesota with Tyler Roehl setting NDSU's all-time single game rushing mark, 263 yards on 22 carries. Fans were wondering what would happen if they finished the season ranked #1 since NDSU was in its fourth year and final year of playoff ineligibility.

So what happened? NDSU got beat by a South Dakota team on the last game of the season. So not even an undefeated season is a lock as far as I'm concerned.

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2013, 08:09 AM
^This. :)

2007. NDSU was 10-0. They had crushed Central Michigan by 30 (who later scored 48 on Purdue in some bowl game that only Bison fans remember.) NDSU also had beaten Minnesota with Tyler Roehl setting NDSU's all-time single game rushing mark, 263 yards on 22 carries. Fans were wondering what would happen if they finished the season ranked #1 since NDSU was in its fourth year and final year of playoff ineligibility.

So what happened? NDSU got beat by a South Dakota STATE team on the last game of the season.

FIFY :D

AmsterBison
November 21st, 2013, 08:12 AM
FIFY :D

Well, when you are trying to make an eerie parallel, you look for similarities rather than differences. :)

pike51
November 21st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Can you buy NDSU apparel on Overstock.com?

http://cdn.ispot.tv/image/ad/75A7~10~620.jpg

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Let it be noted this thread was NOT started by an NDSU fan! Well maybe he's a fan of sorts but not the traditional homegrown fan :p

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Let it be noted this thread was NOT started by an NDSU fan! Well maybe he's a fan of sorts but not the traditional homegrown fan :p

The Bison have grown on me almost to the point where I don't pull for them to lose anymore:D, any FCS football fan can respect what's happened in Fargo. I just don't see any FCS team beating this year, just to solid of a football team.

But at least Sammy wont be the whipping boy this year...xlolx

LehighU11
November 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Yes, and so would an All-American high school team.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2013, 09:07 AM

I would like to see them try

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM
The Bison have grown on me almost to the point where I don't pull for them to lose anymore:D, any FCS football fan can respect what's happened in Fargo. I just don't see any FCS team beating this year, just to solid of a football team.

But at least Sammy wont be the whipping boy this year...xlolx
We will win it this time!?!??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM

Would the HS All star team beat the FCS All star team?

LehighU11
November 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Would the HS All star team beat the FCS All star team?

Not a chance. A team of HS All-Americans could beat NDSU in a one game deal, given several weeks of preparations. No way could they go 16-0, or even go undefeated in MVC conference play, like NDSU is poised to do this year.

walliver
November 21st, 2013, 09:31 AM
An all-star team would have great difficulty beating any decent FCS team.

Given three months to practice together and scrimmage. much like a national soccer team, the All-stars would roll over NDSU. Given the typical week or two all-star teams actually do get, an experienced NDSU team, would be quite successful against a team of all-star individuals.

deez_na
November 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
lol I love ridiculous threads like this.

deez_na
November 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
We will win it this time!?!??!

lol i heard that last year.

M Ruler
November 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Well crafted my friend.

IBleedYellow
November 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
xbangxxbangx

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Average score vs. FCS opponents this season is 36 - 12. Even throwing out the 51-0 blowout of DSU, the average score is 34 -14.

So far noone aside from UNI has been able to give NDSU a competitive game. MSU was the only one that really felt like a threat while watching it.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YQgPTZlETQg/T_nYo-4WKWI/AAAAAAAADlM/ydU3_QuCOaE/s640/Haters-gonna-hate-Mister-Rogers-haters-gonna-hate-finger.jpg

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM

O.o

Alabama would beat the Broncos, right?

11 15-18 year olds vs 11 21-22 year olds... O.o...

11 College players vs 11 NFL players... O.o...

If you made this arguement in Basketball I would believe that it would be entirely possible, but their is too much strength involved in Football.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/xtaRUJ44TE2qCPfXJTdD_g/maxpreps-2012-all-american-football-team.htm

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
I don't know but it would be more interesting than seeing them destroy the field again.....

I'll go one further than that and this should show you what my answer to this is. I'll put together a D2 All-America team and they would beat NDSU. NDSU has maybe 5-6 next level players and the D2 AA team would have 20-25 on it. No question who would win. The FCS team would have 30 or so on mine. A team with 30 NFL players would kill a team with just 5.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 10:48 AM
I'll go one further than that and this should show you what my answer to this is. I'll put together a D2 All-America team and they would beat NDSU. NDSU has maybe 5-6 next level players and the D2 AA team would have 20-25 on it. No question who would win. The FCS team would have 30 or so on mine. A team with 30 NFL players would kill a team with just 5.

O.o.....o.O

NW Missouri St might give NDSU one of the most competitive games of the year :p. But idk about an All-America team vs a team with 50+ games of synergy.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM
O.o.....o.O

NW Missouri St might give NDSU one of the most competitive games of the year :p. But idk about an All-America team vs a team with 50+ games of synergy.

Obviously they would have a week or more to prepare. But as far as talent think about this. NDSU has maybe 3-4 BCS caliber players who should have never been at NDSU, right? In D2 there are at least 35-40 with talent who were once at the BCS level or had offers until their grades came out and schools dropped them. D2 AA team would not beat the All-SEC team but they would beat any team in the MAC, Sun Belt, and FCS for sure. I think they would beat anyone in C-USA as well.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Obviously they would have a week or more to prepare. But as far as talent think about this. NDSU has maybe 3-4 BCS caliber players who should have never been at NDSU, right? In D2 there are at least 35-40 with talent who were once at the BCS level or had offers until their grades came out and schools dropped them. D2 AA team would not beat the All-SEC team but they would beat any team in the MAC, Sun Belt, and FCS for sure. I think they would beat anyone in C-USA as well.

You think one week of playing together would be sufficent to beat NDSU? Hahahahahahahaha You just went full retard.

With one week of practice a D2 All American team wouldn't beat Indiana State from week 1. Hell, a D2 all american team with one week of practice wouldn't beat anyone in the D2 top 25.

geaux_sioux
November 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
An equally valid question; "Could any FCS team even beat the NDSU water boys, trainers, and cheerleaders?"
No because Kenny ****in Powers is their equipment manager. La Flama Blanca would destroy all adversaries.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:10 AM
You think one week of playing together would be sufficent to beat NDSU? Hahahahahahahaha You just went full retard.

With one week of practice a D2 All American team wouldn't beat Indiana State from week 1. Hell, a D2 all american team with one week of practice wouldn't beat anyone in the D2 top 25.

Sometimes talent just takes over. You have to remember NDSU would have just one week to prepare for them. Based on what you just said you don't think a team with one week could beat NDSU. Okay so if I put together the NFL Pro Bowlers today they could not beat NDSU? I know of 5 D2 OL right now who would not need a month to prepare. They would plow your DL. They are 6'6, 320 plus and strong along with good feet. They will all be drafted in the next two years and would beat NDSU. I think people are overrating NDSU right now. Would NDSU beat some FBS teams? No doubt. They have proven it. I just don't see how you think the talent of an AA team would not beat NDSU? Just take the All-MVFC team this year. It's going to be loaded with NFL players and the very best of your league.

You beat a 6-5 UNI team by one? You don't think a group of 60 plus all-stars with better depth would beat you but a 6-5 UNI team almost did? If you ever coach or play one day you will learn that if you have a team loaded with talent not only at starter but backups you will beat people because depth and talent just takes over. It's how it is. Anyone in the NFL would back me up on this.

thebootfitter
November 21st, 2013, 11:21 AM
Yes, and so would an All-American high school team

I would like to see them try
I, too, would be curious in such a match up. But I'd also be interested in a game between the FCS and FBS champs at the end of the year. Neither will happen, and we'll never know how it would turn out.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Sometimes talent just takes over. You have to remember NDSU would have just one week to prepare for them. Based on what you just said you don't think a team with one week could beat NDSU. Okay so if I put together the NFL Pro Bowlers today they could not beat NDSU? I know of 5 D2 OL right now who would not need a month to prepare. They would plow your DL. They are 6'6, 320 plus and strong along with good feet. They will all be drafted in the next two years and would beat NDSU. I think people are overrating NDSU right now. Would NDSU beat some FBS teams? No doubt. They have proven it. I just don't see how you think the talent of an AA team would not beat NDSU? Just take the All-MVFC team this year. It's going to be loaded with NFL players and the very best of your league.

You beat a 6-5 UNI team by one? You don't think a group of 60 plus all-stars with better depth would beat you but a 6-5 UNI team almost did? If you ever coach or play one day you will learn that if you have a team loaded with talent not only at starter but backups you will beat people because depth and talent just takes over. It's how it is. Anyone in the NFL would back me up on this.

That 6-5 team also beat McNeese State by 35. Lol.

You are throwing a group of people who have never worked as a team toghether and giving them one week to get to know eachother and learn a playbook, versus a team that is rated in some FBS top 25 and the BCS top 30 that has functioned as a single unit for the last 4-5 years.

Sammy94
November 21st, 2013, 11:24 AM
yes

dbackjon
November 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM

of course not, they played a DII, Delaware State OOC, and then the watered down (other than UNI) MVFC.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM

K-State was competitive.

darell1976
November 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
K-State was competitive.

No they weren't NDSU was just f*king with them to think they were going to win, then pulled it out at the end. :D

dbackjon
November 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
K-State was competitive.

So would a B12 All-star team beat NDSU?

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM
That 6-5 team also beat McNeese State by 35. Lol.

You are throwing a group of people who have never worked as a team toghether and giving them one week to get to know eachother and learn a playbook, versus a team that is rated in some FBS top 25 and the BCS top 30 that has functioned as a single unit for the last 4-5 years.

It doesn't matter. It's not a group of FCS players or D2 players that you normally think of. Billy Turner is a stud. Imagine a team with 5 OL as good or better than him (most better) together. They would blow your guys off the line. It's a fact. I'll put a team of elite NFL caliber players together and slap any FCS team around. The worst team in the NFL would beat NDSU by 150. The NFL all-stars would beat you by way more. I don't think a D2 AA team would beat NDSU by 100 but I would say at least 25-35.

Don't overrate your team. App fans did the same thing and I had to tell them that back then the FCS All-America team would beat the crap out of them. By the way, I'm not sure I would even pick Marcus Williams for my FCS AA team to play NDSU. I would take Emanuel, Turner, Olson, Crockett and even though only two of them would be starters for me. I get what you are saying about chemistry and if it were just a normal FCS team then yet you are right. If you took the All-NEC team you would beat them. You aren't beating a team full of NFL caliber players. You might hang for a quarter or so but in the second half they would have their way with NDSU. Their backups would be as good as your top starters. It's not even close.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
So would a B12 All-star team beat NDSU?

Does the B12 All-Star team know any plays? Have the QB and WR ever played a snap together, etc etc? How many false starts is this pickup group going to get? How many interceptions will be thrown because the QB didn't realize the WR was going to break the route, etc.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
It doesn't matter. Would an all-star team beat NDSU? Maybe.

Will your team beat NDSU? No.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
NDSU would crush a high school All-American team. Really wouldn't be fair because NDSU is a mature physical team.

The All-American college teams though would obviously crush, not even sure why people are debating it. An All-American team would be a veteran laden squad that should be able to soak up a scheme in a few weeks. Give them a great coach and they would roll.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Does the B12 All-Star team know any plays? Have the QB and WR ever played a snap together, etc etc? How many false starts is this pickup group going to get? How many interceptions will be thrown because the QB didn't realize the WR was going to break the route, etc.

They are the best players so they will be pretty disciplined. They are going to just throw your average players around. NDSU is a great team and I believe it's a top 35 team in FBS but they can't be a true AA team, All-SEC, All-Big 12, etc. If UNI can almost beat you, then they can definitely beat you.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
NDSU would crush a high school All-American team. Really wouldn't be fair because NDSU is a mature physical team.

The All-American college teams though would obviously crush, not even sure why people are debating it.

The debate is, a D2 all american group with 7 days of meet and greet/prep, they are meeting all their teamates and their coaches on Saturday, and play NDSU who has functioned as a team for 5 years the following saturday.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM

The All-American college teams though would obviously crush, not even sure why people are debating it. An All-American team would be a veteran laden squad that should be able to soak up a scheme in a few weeks. Give them a great coach and they would roll.

I would agree although I'm not sure you would crush the high school seniors after a year in college and you took truly the best like those guys who turned out to be playmakers as true freshmen as opposed to the overhyped in the top 100 of those HS websites. Men beat boys. It's just true. NDSU would beat a HS AA team of 18 year olds for sure though.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
The debate is, a D2 all american group with 7 days of meet and greet/prep, they are meeting all their teamates and their coaches on Saturday, and play NDSU who has functioned as a team for 5 years the following saturday.

They aren't meeting them on Saturday. Nobody said that. They would meet in August and play you guys on September 1. You are reaching trying to say they would meet the day of the game. That isn't legit. If you are putting this game together they have a week or more to prepare and practice.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
I would agree although I'm not sure you would crush the high school seniors after a year in college and you took truly the best like those guys who turned out to be playmakers as true freshmen as opposed to the overhyped in the top 100 of those HS websites. Men beat boys. It's just true. NDSU would beat a HS AA team of 18 year olds for sure though.

Lol... How about after those same players are 75 years old, and have been induced into the NFL hall of fame? Would their osteoperosis hold them back?

I'm gonna tell you a secret, at that point, they are no longer high school players.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:47 AM
They aren't meeting them on Saturday. Nobody said that. They would meet in August and play you guys on September 1. You are reaching trying to say they would meet the day of the game. That isn't legit. If you are putting this game together they have a week or more to prepare and practice.

Oh wait you did.

So I took your minimum needed amount of time. Back pedal all you want you are being ridiculous.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Lol... How about after those same players are 75 years old, and have been induced into the NFL hall of fame? Would their osteoperosis hold them back?

I'm gonna tell you a secret, at that point, they are no longer high school players.

Of course not but I'm talking 23-35 year olds. Bottom line is that your scenario can't happen and even if it did they would still beat NDSU. They would have a week or more to prepare and practice. They would find your weaknesses, exploit them, and they are bigger stronger and faster and would beat you guys down. A HS All-America Team would beat 65-80 year olds who were once NFL players. This is kind of a crazy question though. You are thinking you guys are super talented above what you are. You are the best team in FCS right now and a legit top 35 FBS team, if you were there but in no way could you beat an all-star team from the SEC, Big 12, etc. If KSU and UNI can almost beat you then obviously a group of all-stars would kill you.

I know they aren't HS anymore but just saying that because people don't realize how much players develop in their first 18 months out of HS.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Of course not but I'm talking 23-35 year olds. Bottom line is that your scenario can't happen and even if it did they would still beat NDSU. They would have a week or more to prepare and practice. They would find your weaknesses, exploit them, and they are bigger stronger and faster and would beat you guys down. A HS All-America Team would beat 65-80 year olds who were once NFL players. This is kind of a crazy question though. You are thinking you guys are super talented above what you are. You are the best team in FCS right now and a legit top 35 FBS team, if you were there but in no way could you beat an all-star team from the SEC, Big 12, etc. If KSU and UNI can almost beat you then obviously a group of all-stars would kill you.

I know they aren't HS anymore but just saying that because people don't realize how much players develop in their first 18 months out of HS.

You are arguging 75 year olds are stronger than 23 year olds? Are you for serious? I think you need to quit hanging with the mayor of Toronto.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
WOW another stupid thread on the internet, who would have thought. xrolleyesx

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
Oh wait you did.

So I took your minimum needed amount of time. Back pedal all you want you are being ridiculous.

I never said they would meet with just one day but even if they did they would still win. I don't need to back pedal. You really need to stop asking dumb questions! NDSU is good but you act like you are elite above what you are. Alabama would not beat the All-SEC team, let alone NDSU. The All-SEC team is basically going to be 63 NFL players vs about 25 at Alabama. Still not close.

Remember, even if you met on that day NDSU could not prepare. They don't know who all those guys are and haven't seen film of them playing together. NDSU could not really prepare. One school playing an AA team is a huge disadvantage. You aren't as big, strong, fast, and you certainly don't have the time to prepare for them that you have with all the teams you have played. I tell you what. NDSU should not prepare for any game from here on out. Just wing it. Don't watch film and don't know who you are playing. Just show up and beat teams because of your team chemistry while they prepare for you. You won't last past the first round. Now, prepare and practice and know your opponent and nobody in FCS should beat you.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
You are arguging 75 year olds are stronger than 23 year olds? Are you for serious? I think you need to quit hanging with the mayor of Toronto.

Apparently you can't read. I said the college kids WOULD beat them. 75 year olds aren't stronger than 23 year olds. I never said they are. I said they AREN'T!

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
WOW another stupid thread on the internet, who would have thought. xrolleyesx

I guess you guys have your own Chattownmocs :) LOL

DJKyR0
November 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Trick question, this year's FCS all-star team would be the two-deep of NDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Trick question, this year's FCS all-star team would be the two-deep of NDSU.

That's a better question. Probably not.

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
I never said they would meet with just one day but even if they did they would still win. I don't need to back pedal. You really need to stop asking dumb questions! NDSU is good but you act like you are elite above what you are. Alabama would not beat the All-SEC team, let alone NDSU. The All-SEC team is basically going to be 63 NFL players vs about 25 at Alabama. Still not close.

Remember, even if you met on that day NDSU could not prepare. They don't know who all those guys are and haven't seen film of them playing together. NDSU could not really prepare. One school playing an AA team is a huge disadvantage. You aren't as big, strong, fast, and you certainly don't have the time to prepare for them that you have with all the teams you have played. I tell you what. NDSU should not prepare for any game from here on out. Just wing it. Don't watch film and don't know who you are playing. Just show up and beat teams because of your team chemistry while they prepare for you. You won't last past the first round. Now, prepare and practice and know your opponent and nobody in FCS should beat you.

+1

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
TwentySix,

I just got a bad rep comment where he called me a freaking retard. I just texted two of my NFL scout buddies and a coach to ask them. They agreed with me. So What do you do for a living? I asked two people with a Super Bowl ring and one who has won a conference championship at the college level. Since myself and those people who have proven themselves as winners are idiots I want to know what you do for a living?

I get your question but you haven't lost a game in a long time so you begin to think you are not beatable. I'm telling you be careful what you ask for. All dynastys end. App found that out and everyone else has. You guys are a great team right now but you can be beaten and you will be at some point, although I don't think anyone in FCS is going to do it this year unless it's SLU or EWU. They are the only two teams I think who have a shot and even SLU has had some close games and I'm not sure they would. I only mention them because they have so many 3 and 4 star recruits from the BCS level.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
TwentySix,
I just texted two of my NFL scout buddies and a coach to ask them. They agreed with me. So What do you do for a living? I asked two people with a Super Bowl ring and one who has won a conference championship at the college level. Since myself and those people who have proven themselves as winners are idiots I want to know what you do for a living?

I get your question but you haven't lost a game in a long time so you begin to think you are not beatable. I'm telling you be careful what you ask for. All dynastys end.

Lol NDSU is very beatable. But building a team entirely from scratch in 7 days is harder than you think. I just texted Jesus Christ and Jehova, they both said NDSU would beat High School kids.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Lol NDSU is very beatable. But building a team entirely from scratch in 7 days is harder than you think. I just texted Jesus Christ and Jehova, they both said NDSU would beat High School kids.

I know it's hard but we are talking about a team of superior talent. They would win. It would be tough at first and yes there would be mistakes but I'll take a load of top 100 draft picks any day of the week. They are going to be so much faster and stronger and their speed would allow them to make up for those mistakes made.

First of all, I honestly talked to some people in the business. I know a lot of people and I actually get paid by the NFL. So, I'm giving you the opinions of other professionals. They all agreed with me. One of them called me and said people ask him all the time would Alabama beat the worst team in the NFL and he consistently says the worst NFL team would blow them out by 50 or more. Same here. The All-SEC team would blow NDSU out of the water. It's not a ball game. After the first quarter the talent would start to show. NDSU would keep it close for a quarter and maybe have a lead but the elite talent would see the weaknesses and use their speed, length, and ability to pour it on later. Ask Craig Bohl this question. I guarantee you he either laughs at it or answers it and disagrees with you.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
I would never ask Craig Bohl that question because it is utterly ridiculous, it is not even speculating something that is going to happen.

I would however ask Craig Bohl who would win in a fight between Vampires and Unicorns.

I called the lady who wrote twilight, shes an expert in vampires. She said the Unicorns would stake the vampires with their unicorn horns, and would likely win a close one in a tough fought battle.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
I know it's hard but we are talking about a team of superior talent. They would win. It would be tough at first and yes there would be mistakes but I'll take a load of top 100 draft picks any day of the week. They are going to be so much faster and stronger and their speed would allow them to make up for those mistakes made.

First of all, I honestly talked to some people in the business. I know a lot of people and I actually get paid by the NFL. So, I'm giving you the opinions of other professionals. They all agreed with me. One of them called me and said people ask him all the time would Alabama beat the worst team in the NFL and he consistently says the worst NFL team would blow them out by 50 or more. Same here. The All-SEC team would blow NDSU out of the water. It's not a ball game. After the first quarter the talent would start to show. NDSU would keep it close for a quarter and maybe have a lead but the elite talent would see the weaknesses and use their speed, length, and ability to pour it on later. Ask Craig Bohl this question. I guarantee you he either laughs at it or answers it and disagrees with you.

I'm glad there are people on this board who have more valuable opinions, and deign to confer them upon us unwashed masses.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM

WOW, just WOW. This whole thread is just stupid. Can't believe you are even debating this on a board much less asking NFL people about it. And they trust you to evaluate talent? I think the NFL should ask for a refund! xlolx

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
I actually stopped reading this thread. It reminds me of The Big Bang Theory when the guys argue about super heros. Its fantasy boys, if ya can't tell the difference its time to log off ye ole AGS and take a sanity break. Good lord.

Sader87
November 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Is Ditka coaching the FCS All-Stars????

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM

Is Ditka coaching the FCS All-Stars????

I'm wondering the same thing....:D

Mr. C
November 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Only if the team of FCS All Start team was made up of 22 Mike Ditka's.
What would you do with a team filled with 22 tight ends?

andy7171
November 21st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Are we talking about a giant Ditka, regular sized Ditka or a mini Ditka?

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 03:02 PM
Are we talking about a giant Ditka, regular sized Ditka or a mini Ditka?
All 7 feet 300lbs running 4.1s

Milkman
November 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Such a match-up would tear the fabric of the space-time continuim and destroy the planet, meaning the United Nations would have to step in prior to the match to prevent the mass destruction.

Milkman
November 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM
Mini Diktas vs Bison that is.

Sader87
November 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mini-Ditkas 87 NDSU 3 ...and the Bison FG comes late.

DJKyR0
November 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM
Would the All-90's Dallas Cowboys beat this year's NDSU team?

Bisonator
November 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
Would the All-90's Dallas Cowboys beat this year's NDSU team?

I don't think so. Those guys all have to be in their 40's or 50's by now.;)

Scooter
November 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
There are a lot of damn good FCS teams that are going to be left out of the playoffs.

Let's see if NDSU can make it to Frisco cause nothing is certain.

I fricken hate threads like this.

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
WOW, just WOW. This whole thread is just stupid. Can't believe you are even debating this on a board much less asking NFL people about it. And they trust you to evaluate talent? I think the NFL should ask for a refund! xlolx

I didn't really ask the NFL guys but gave the scenario and asked how bad they think it would be. They have seen NDSU play and they know what the talent is in the FCS. They laughed just like I have been. The fact that anyone thinks it would even be close is laughable.

It's like the Chattown threads though. When you work 24/7 like I do sometimes it's fun to constantly shoot down the idiotic statements like that! Some of the statements that a couple of people make on here make me wonder if they have ever seen a football game!

I really hate threads like this because people pose stupid questions and then think they are 100% correct but it's entertaining to watch them continue to dig their grave!

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
There are a lot of damn good FCS teams that are going to be left out of the playoffs.

Let's see if NDSU can make it to Frisco cause nothing is certain.

I fricken hate threads like this.

Come on now, as fans we gotta take the good w the bad. Some of the posts are pretty damn funny. If can't make fun of yourself what fun is life? Just take in stride, being a good team opens the doors for people to hate and make fun you. Its all in good fun, m just getting pumped for the playoffs!

smallcollegefbfan
November 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
I actually stopped reading this thread. It reminds me of The Big Bang Theory when the guys argue about super heros. Its fantasy boys, if ya can't tell the difference its time to log off ye ole AGS and take a sanity break. Good lord.

Come on it's entertaining! We all know the answer and know that it's stupid except for the one person who brought it up. If you knew me in person you would know I have been laughing my butt off over here!

Honestly, a lot of NFL people hear stuff like this in the media, for example on First Take on ESPN. They laugh about it all the time. When all you do is watch tape, travel, etc you need something to laugh at. This is one of those things! :)

Scooter
November 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
yeah, I know...I just hate giving the zealots a platform to embarrass the rest of us.

Tribal
November 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM
Just rename this site AnyGivenBison and stop the facade.

Drblankstare
November 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM
Just substitute NDSU for Bill Brasky :D

"Brasky's a ten-foot tall beast man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi."
"The character of Johnny Appleseed was based on Brasky, except for the part about planting apple trees and not raping men."
"Brasky's family crest is a picture of a barracuda, eating Neil Armstrong."
"Did I ever tell you about the time Bill Brasky forced me to wear a woman's bikini? Well anyway, Brasky tears off my clothes and forces me to wear this skimpy bikini. For the next three months I had to conduct my business wearing only a woman's bathing suit. I would cry from shame and question my manhood daily, but Ill be damned if at the end of the quarter my sales hadn't tripled"

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2013, 12:02 AM
We all know the answer and know that it's stupid except for the one person who brought it up.
:)

think again dimlight, tossed some chum over the side of the avatar too see who would bite.... and it appears you went for it hook line and sinker..... but at least you had some fun right...

IBleedYellow
November 22nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Just rename this site AnyGivenBison and stop the facade.

No, just no.

dewey
November 22nd, 2013, 12:41 AM
I can't believe that a few people took this thread seriously, shaking my head.

Hook...line...and sinker.

Dewey

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
I can't believe that a few people took this thread seriously, shaking my head.

Hook...line...and sinker.

Dewey

Are you kidding? Unless Chattown is simply kidding with all of his comments then that means there could be more than one person out there who is out of their mind and beyond crazy. If he's real, then there could be others. LOL

frozennorth
November 22nd, 2013, 04:11 AM
I think a better question is whether or not the all-fcs team would beat Alabama or FSU, given adequate coaching and preparation.

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Are you kidding? Unless Chattown is simply kidding with all of his comments then that means there could be more than one person out there who is out of their mind and beyond crazy. If he's real, then there could be others. LOL

The scary part is they breed and vote. Gives me the willies thinking about it.

dudeitsaid
November 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
I think a better question is whether or not the all-fcs team would beat Alabama or FSU, given adequate coaching and preparation.

That is a good hypothetical! My guess is, if Alabama had the same time to prepare, they would still win. Alabama is a team assembled of a good number of FBS all stars and NFL players, probably even more and better NFL players than the FCS all stars.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
actually decades agothey had college all star vs super bowl championship team game in pre season

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 05:16 AM
Be a good game at least

laxVik
December 21st, 2013, 09:51 AM
NDSU is in a league of their own. So are their mostly obnoxious, humble-less fans.

Missingnumber7
December 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
NDSU is in a league of their own. So are their mostly obnoxious, humble-less fans.
Lmao, when bison fans predict big wins and it actually happens we become obnoxious thats great.

I think it would be a fun game to watch. But i would love to see a fcs senior bowl.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM
If you had to pick a team from the best of UNH, EWU and Towson to go up against NDST in Fargo, who wins?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
If you had to pick a team from the best of UNH, EWU and Towson to go up against NDST in Fargo, who wins?

Need you ask?

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Need you ask?

I'm talking about the best players from those 3 teams to form one team.... If N D ST played like they did last night it wouldn't matter, they win that game.
There dominance has kind of spoiled the rest of the playoffs

Missingnumber7
December 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
I would like to play Eastern Illinois in the dome. I said at the begining of the playoffs that they were the only team that scared me. The two on the other side of the bracket worry me but i think they are competitive games.

underdawg
December 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, as an MVFC booster from SIU I'm 100% rooting for the Bison to win it all. But beating them is theoretically possible--note their game with UNI (even though some Bison fans think they just played a bad game against the Panthers). There are teams (when healthy) that COULD do it--they were just not picked to be in the Play-offs--sorry i'm whining again.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 21st, 2013, 12:17 PM
No

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Could Ike Turner, Tracy Lawrence, Jim & Chris Brown beat this years NDSU team?

Off the field of course.................xcoffeex

Bisonwinagn
December 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, as an MVFC booster from SIU I'm 100% rooting for the Bison to win it all. But beating them is theoretically possible--note their game with UNI (even though some Bison fans think they just played a bad game against the Panthers). There are teams (when healthy) that COULD do it--they were just not picked to be in the Play-offs--sorry i'm whining again.

The UNI team before the injuries was by far the best FCS team NDSU has played all season. They were clearly #2 in the country, but injuries happen and can change everything especially at this level.

bojeta
December 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
Yes, but only with sufficient time for all players and coaches to adjust to eachother, and whatever new system they would be running.

yopaulie
December 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this hypothetical, but my BS meter is sounding alarms with talk of posters being paid by the NFL, and having all sorts of NFL buddies. I just can't see NFL level people so engaged in this kind of silly exercise. Also, some of the statements are pretty ludicrous IMO. So here is my take. Win or lose this year in Frisco, posters need to remember we are discussing in context of one of the greatest FCS teams ever (pick your favorite dynasty - my take would be the same if you swap NDSU for App State for 90's Marshall, etc.) Also, it is understood that even the best FCS teams can lose to other good FCS teams on any given week - no team is immune to let downs.

High School All Star Team vs NDSU: No chance an all star football team beats NDSU or other FCS dynasty. Ludicrous. High schoolers typically put on 40 lbs, gain speed, and mature once at college. Top high schoolers have a ton raw talent, but not much else. Rout for NDSU.

D2 All Star Team vs NDSU: Maybe competitive, but very very little chance the D2 team beat NDSU or other top FCS dynasty. The D2 all stars have shown they could have played at the FCS level, but that doesn't come close to meaning they are upper echelon of FCS. NDSU maybe only takes a minority portion of that D2 all star team over their current team. Think of it this way...App St is able to beat Michigan in 06, NDSU beats KSU, etc. Does anyone really think the D2 all stars beat Michigan in '06? That is the level of an FCS dynasty. Solid win for NDSU.

FCS All Star Team vs NDSU, with little prep time: The key question when looking at FCS All Stars is prep time. There are lots of examples in other sports where exhibition all star teams fare very poorly against long standing teams. National teams beating NHL all stars, etc. Normally all star teams are quickly assembled, and play with minimal practice. Anyone who says talent by itself wins over coaching and chemistry doesn't know sports well. It's why Daniel Snyder Redskin team history chase after for all pro talent, but rarely get very far. NDSU wins.

FCS All Star Team vs NDSU, with full prep time and coaching: Do the Bison get every top recruit in the country - of course not. So if you assembled the super team of best in the FCS, and added prep time and a top coach - they should roll. But I would argue it is not as one sided as you would think. If you assemble the all star team based on All America voting, I think you aren't getting the best of the best. Everyone knows the FCS has a lot of paper tiger teams and conferences, and on paper some player stats are gaudy. Come against NDSU, and the real numbers show up. Would I take Terrance West over the NDSU running backs - absolutely. But it's not as far off as it looks on paper. And I would say this - I would take Brock Jensen over Garappolo. On paper, Brock Jensen ranks around #30 for total passing yards. It's one reason teams can't get their arms around NDSU dominance this year. On paper is very misleading. Final case in point - not one NDSU Dline or LB, from one the best FCS defenses ever, is in the list of first All Team selections. That said, final result FCS All Star Team wins.

FBS All Star teams and NFL teams vs. NDSU: Silly to go there - wasn't the original question, and we are still only FCS. Answer obvious.

My Saturday checklist of To Dos:
_ Spend 45 minutes on non-productive fantasy discussion....Check.

NDSUSR
December 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
A FCS all star team would consist of all NDSU players, therefore it would be impossible to have this game. NDSU cant play NDSU.

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
A FCS all star team would consist of all NDSU players, therefore it would be impossible to have this game. NDSU cant play NDSU.d

actually I'm pretty sure you didn't put many on the All American team

BisonPride
December 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
d

actually I'm pretty sure you didn't put many on the All American team

Actually 7 different players were named to All-America teams. Stats get individual recognition. When the D faces very minimal plays there are not many tackles to go around. When the offense uses up 35-40 minutes of game running the play clock down every snap there are not many offensive plays to rack up stats. Especially when your backs alternate series. I would very easily talent wise put our LBs, RBs, returners, FS and WR who did not receive A-A honors up against any other in the country.

Bronco
December 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.flatironschurch.com/messages/series_graphics/unsinkable.jpg

EllaGrassoBlvd
December 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
You could easily make a team up of 18-19 y/o olds that would beat NDSU handily. If the NFL allowed it I'm sure there are 50+ 18/19 y/o that could make NFL rosters today. How old is Winston at FSU? 19. How old was Clowney last year? 19.

You could fill every single skill position with 18 and 19 y/o and they would be head and shouldars better then what NDSU fields. The only positions at 18/19 that may have a difficult time competing would be OL and even then I think they'd be fine.

There are a 100+ true freshmen in college football that as true freshman are as good if not better then every single player on NDSU roster. The problem is they are spread across 100+ teams.

And stop with the "NDSU has been playing together for 5+ years Bull****". That applies to less then 20% of the roster unless there is some NCAA bylaw that gives NDSU players infinite eligibility.

Edit:

And I say this with enough respect to call NDSU the top FCS program and maybe one of the greatest FCS teams of all time.

frozennorth
December 22nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
NDSU would beat likely the high school all american team, but they wouldn't beat that same team a year later.

thebootfitter
December 22nd, 2013, 10:32 PM
And stop with the "NDSU has been playing together for 5+ years Bull****". That applies to less then 20% of the roster unless there is some NCAA bylaw that gives NDSU players infinite eligibility.
That may be true of the entire roster, but I don't believe it is true for the starters and impact players. Perhaps someone is willing to compare rosters from over the years and do a quick analysis.

thebootfitter
December 22nd, 2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.flatironschurch.com/messages/series_graphics/unsinkable.jpg
I don't think anyone is really saying that the Bison are unbeatable. Their level of play is certainly higher than all of their competition on the field this year, and it seems pretty clear that at their best, they'd beat any other FCS team at their respective best. But that's why the game is played. They could lose. It is just unlikely. And some folks are expressing their confidence by saying they won't lose. (And they are probably right, but there are no guarantees.)

PaladinFan
December 23rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
I'm surprised this has gotten 12 pages of conversation. Of course they can be beaten. NDSU is just the most recent version of what we've seen periodically in the FCS. Heck, we've seen it twice in the past 10-12 years.

It hadn't dawned on me until reading this thread, but it could be that the last team to upset an "invincible" team at home and derail a national championship was Furman in 2001. Furman went into Statesboro in 2001 to play a two time defending champion that had won 39 straight at home and was 28-0 at home in the playoffs. If that wasn't an unbeatable team, it will do until one comes.