PDA

View Full Version : Give me your old school 16 team bracket

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2013, 09:06 PM
It wasn't too long ago that only 16 spots were available. What would this year look like? No Butler or Sacred Heart and CCU and CSU hoping the committee gives them a shot. Here's how I think it would shape up

1. North Dakota State
16. Northern Arizona

8. Montana
9. Youngstown St.

4. SE LA
13. Chattanooga

5. Maine
12. Fordham

6. Towson
11. Lehigh

3. Eastern Washington
14. Sam Houston State

7. McNeese St.
10. BCC

2. Eastern Illinois
15. William & Mary

The 8 fewer spots make such a huge difference.

kingranch
November 20th, 2013, 09:10 PM
holy lay off the dope, I can not wrap my head around that mess, you have at least four teams in there that are bubble teams in a 24 team field.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
xpopcornx

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
holy lay off the dope, I can not wrap my head around that mess, you have at least four teams in there that are bubble teams in a 24 team field.

That's the beauty of the 16 team bracket. You've got 8 auto-bids and then Towson, McNeese and Montana grabbing spots fairly confidently. Then, Fordham gets a second one for the Patriot. That only leaves four more slots. I added NAU, YSU, SHSU and W&M which are pretty much near the top of the bubble pile and hard to keep out if any win this weekend. Can't think of anyone who really got woofed in that scenario.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
That's the beauty of the 16 team bracket. You've got 8 auto-bids and then Towson, McNeese and Montana grabbing spots fairly confidently. Then, Fordham gets a second one for the Patriot. That only leaves four more slots. I added NAU, YSU, SHSU and W&M which are pretty much near the top of the bubble pile and hard to keep out if any win this weekend. Can't think of anyone who really got woofed in that scenario.

Not sure what KR is talking about because that does appear to be a pretty solid bracket of what it would look like at this point under the 16 team playoff. The one that I think would be tenuous is SHSU and NAU being last team in type thing doesn't really jive but they are at least in for sure. Since only four would have been seeded though the bracket looks right if the numbers are taken away.