PDA

View Full Version : Do We Have Consensus on the CAA scenarios?

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Maine - locked up a top 8 seed with CAA title. Possible top 4 seed depending on comparison with SELA, but could still get one if EWU or EIU lose this weekend.

Towson - Locked up at-large with win over W&M and probably a home game. Need a win against JMU to feel comfortable about a top 8 seed.

William & Mary - Still in good position for an at-large with a win over Richmond given wins against Delaware and UNH. Home game still a possibility depending on how the regional chips fall

New Hampshire - A win over Maine would conclude strong 6-1 finish to season and put them at 7-4. Can't hurt that the playoff streak would still be in play and also that they help the committee as a team that's used to going on the road. May need a couple of 4 loss teams to lose just to feel safe.

Delaware - Loss to Richmond really hurt and a win over Villanova just won't carry the weight it was expected to. Even with the win over Towson, an 8-4 finish with 7 home games still most likely won't be enough without some help. Blue Hens will certainly be rooting for the Tribe and UNH to lose, among several others.

Anyone feel differently?

bluehenbillk
November 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM
You hit it just about on the head.

Maine top 4 seed with a win, top 8 with a loss.

Towson gets a seed with a win, most likely on the road if they lose (there still is a bid process & they don't draw many paying fans).

W&M is in with a win vs Richmond. Lose & they're done.

UNH is still a longshot even with a win vs Maine. They'll need help & the lack of a 12th game will not help on the bubble.

UD is most likely done. They'd have to beat Nova 1st & then need a ton of things to happen.

TypicalTribe
November 20th, 2013, 09:39 PM
With 77 views and only 1 reply, I'd call that a yes.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2013, 11:01 PM
all 4 and more from the CAA would take Butler

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:17 PM
With 77 views and only 1 reply, I'd call that a yes.

Looks good to me.

DoubleH
November 21st, 2013, 08:09 PM
I'll add only this: I don't see any way the CAA doesn't get 3 teams in. That would still hold true if teams 3-5 all lost Saturday.