PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette vs Lehigh 150th already sold out!?!?!

LeopardBall10
November 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I know this week is all about the 149th, especially with the PL Championship and playoffs on the line. But, I was just in the ticket office and heard that there are only 5,000 seats left in the entire stadium! That is including the 400 level seats that the Yankees don't even sell for the Pinstripe Bowl. There are waiting lists at both schools for the Suites, and the General Public hasn't even had a crack at tickets yet. I guess the largest crowd in Rivalry history will be on hand next year.

And if you are Lafayette or Lehigh and don't launch the largest marketing campaign in school history the month before the game that is rumored to be on College Gameday and has this much alumni buzz...

http://www.lafayette.edu/about/files/2013/10/150th.jpeg

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Have we really sold 55k seats (or however large Yankee Stadium is)?

I believe this was just the first wave of tickets sold to the alumni. Per the site tickets for students, and the seats to be sold by the Yankees haven't even been made available.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I know this week is all about the 149th, especially with the PL Championship and playoffs on the line. But, I was just in the ticket office and heard that there are only 5,000 seats left in the entire stadium! That is including the 400 level seats that the Yankees don't even sell for the Pinstripe Bowl. There are waiting lists at both schools for the Suites, and the General Public hasn't even had a crack at tickets yet. I guess the largest crowd in Rivalry history will be on hand next year.

And if you are Lafayette or Lehigh and don't launch the largest marketing campaign in school history the month before the game that is rumored to be on College Gameday and has this much alumni buzz...

http://www.lafayette.edu/about/files/2013/10/150th.jpeg

Yes definitely the first wave... Lehigh's are gone... and not many left for the Pards... and yes, the 300 seats are not for sale yet, and it looks like they will not open up the 400 level (at least not yet).

But yes they are selling!

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Seems they are going to open another section soon per LU SID. Suites will have to wait for owners to decide to open theirs for the game.

Sader87
November 19th, 2013, 11:39 AM
We'll have over a year to speculate on this (Oh Joy!!!!) but my guess right now is that the attendance for this will be in the mid 20K range.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I don't believe it but it may be a sellout... the sections that were open on the ends are now nearly full... just checked the Laf ticket seating chart. Scattered groups seats are available, but not many.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM
There are only about 150 tickets left per a rough count of the seating chart.

AmsterBison
November 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
This game sounds awesome.

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Harvard-Yale is having its 130th at the Bowl on Saturday, but it won't be close to a sellout.

Go Green
November 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Harvard-Yale is having its 130th at the Bowl on Saturday, but it won't be close to a sellout.

Because the weather in New Haven will be sucky. :)

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Pretty impressive, and it sounds like they could even sell out the Giants/Jets stadium if they wanted to.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
40 tickets left for Lafayette xrotatehx

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 12:54 PM

But the Bowl seats like 70,000... won't be that many at 150... you may even get more at the Bowl... our game will probably 30k... bad year at the bowl is 40k?

LeopardBall10
November 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Our new President just tweeted that over 30,000 have already been sold

Neighbor2
November 19th, 2013, 03:15 PM
This is all very exciting, and I hope it's true! I just don't believe it. First of all, the students can't possibly be this organized, this early. Plus, next year's Freshman class isn't even in place.

Maybe you guys are right, but I think when all is said and done, the crowd will be about 25,000. Make me a liar!

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Our new President just tweeted that over 30,000 have already been sold

Wow. Pard4Life has been the authority here, but what is the capacity of the lower bowl of Yankee Stadium? I believe there were to be tickets reserved for students as well in the lower bowl.

I know the message said that they are "trying" to get additional tix from the Yankees. Why trying? The demand is there, open up and sell out the whole stadium.

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Believe max is 36000 w/o upper deck. On our side almost all are season ticket holders,faculty and alumni. I dont imagine that many have been bought by students or parents yet.for either school. Does sort of boggle the mind to realize we have already filled both our stadiums.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I disagree because I know for a fact my alumni friends are definitely mobilized in advance for this game a year out. I have a friend that does this for our circle of friends and he effortlessly got an order for 12-15 tickets (and I think more piled in there as well). Furthermore, my friend and 80% of these people aren't going to 149!

This is a classic case of scarcity breeding demand. I think literally he organized everyone in a 24 hour period because we were worried that it would sell out or be an upper deck situation.

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Believe max is 36000 w/o upper deck. On our side almost all are season ticket holders,faculty and alumni. I dont imagine that many have been bought by students or parents yet.for either school. Does sort of boggle the mind to realize we have already filled both our stadiums.

Any idea what the original school allotment was Rich?

The original plan was to sell the tickets in waves with alumni allotment first, followed by students, and regular tickets sold through the Yankee ticket office.

Maybe the Yankees don't want to release more tickets to each school as they want to reap the profits from surcharges they can heap on when sellin themselves.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM
This is all very exciting, and I hope it's true! I just don't believe it. First of all, the students can't possibly be this organized, this early. Plus, next year's Freshman class isn't even in place.

Maybe you guys are right, but I think when all is said and done, the crowd will be about 25,000. Make me a liar!

Students tickets have not been "sold," but you cannot get ahold of them. I am betting that the student tickets are already being counted as sold. Since the freshmen who will be attending next have not even submitted their applications yet, there will definitely be tickets available for them.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Wow. Pard4Life has been the authority here, but what is the capacity of the lower bowl of Yankee Stadium? I believe there were to be tickets reserved for students as well in the lower bowl.

I know the message said that they are "trying" to get additional tix from the Yankees. Why trying? The demand is there, open up and sell out the whole stadium.

Yes tickets for the students are in the bleachers... i.e. adjacent to the Mohegan Sports Bar... sections 102-104ish. They have not been "sold" yet, but they are marked as "unavailable" online.

I'd bet that the Yankees are holding back some to sell through their own promotional efforts over the course of next year. If you look at our seating diagram, the 300s are listed as 'available' but you cannot purchase them. And the upper-upper i.e. 400s are not even listed on the brochuere, so the Yankees will probably have that section closed. But if we keep selling... who knows?

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I disagree because I know for a fact my alumni friends are definitely mobilized in advance for this game a year out. I have a friend that does this for our circle of friends and he effortlessly got an order for 12-15 tickets (and I think more piled in there as well). Furthermore, my friend and 80% of these people aren't going to 149!

This is a classic case of scarcity breeding demand. I think literally he organized everyone in a 24 hour period because we were worried that it would sell out or be an upper deck situation.

Yeah people got organized fast. I am still somewhat annoyed because for us, three days beforehand you received word that tickets go on sale November 1... I didn't even get the flyer in the mail until November 2! So, it was kind of like a fire drill. I wish it was a month ahead of time warning at least... and yours truly was stupid enough not to buy in the presale due to dawdling...

I don't think there will be attempts to hawk the tickets like ngineer suggested because I think people were ordering for groups and others who did not have access to the presale.

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Just got off the phone. Alumni,faculty sold out. He answered my Q on students ,they are up next. Didn't think to ask totl.I will tomorrow. LC is trying to get a few more sections to divy up as alumni demand far exceeding their expectations. No clue as to what the deal is with Yankess,your Tickey office s/b able to answer,I guess. Huge waiting list for suites tho

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Yes tickets for the students are in the bleachers... i.e. adjacent to the Mohegan Sports Bar... sections 102-104ish. They have not been "sold" yet, but they are marked as "unavailable" online.

I'd bet that the Yankees are holding back some to sell through their own promotional efforts over the course of next year. If you look at our seating diagram, the 300s are listed as 'available' but you cannot purchase them. And the upper-upper i.e. 400s are not even listed on the brochuere, so the Yankees will probably have that section closed. But if we keep selling... who knows?

P4L how many seats are in a section?

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 04:28 PM
P4L how many seats are in a section?

Which? Same as yours I'd guess... the angles make some larger than others.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Just got off the phone. Alumni,faculty sold out. He answered my Q on students ,they are up next. Didn't think to ask totl.I will tomorrow. LC is trying to get a few more sections to divy up as alumni demand far exceeding their expectations. No clue as to what the deal is with Yankess,your Tickey office s/b able to answer,I guess. Huge waiting list for suites tho

Truly shocking... I wouldn't call Jason... he is probably on medication by this point.

Engineer86
November 19th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Lehigh's suites sold out in 2 hours on the first. The 300 sections were part of the original round of sales for Lehigh. The question is will they open up the 400 level if there is demand. I am surprised that the sales have been so strong.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Lehigh's suites sold out in 2 hours on the first. The 300 sections were part of the original round of sales for Lehigh. The question is will they open up the 400 level if there is demand. I am surprised that the sales have been so strong.

Really? Only one was available for ours and the rest was via TBD Yankee sales. I can imagine that some people will buy late next year. I have a bunch of friends who will likely go and have not even bothered with tickets yet.

Praying that we are both 10-0 next year...

Engineer86
November 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Really? Only one was available for ours and the rest was via TBD Yankee sales. I can imagine that some people will buy late next year. I have a bunch of friends who will likely go and have not even bothered with tickets yet.

I had a few people that planned to show up with no ticket, but when the learned they could get a ticket without a season ticket they bought tickets now. That might be why early sales are high. Typically a single game ticket requires a season ticket package.

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 05:09 PM
More suites will be coming up as owners make them available for game. Suite for me ( pun intended,sorry) as an OTD alumni much prefer to be inside near the bar. Already done for me. Assumig Ticket guys are correct one more section not nearly going to be enuf. P4L are both student sections adjacent? in bleachers? Certainly hope not

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
More suites will be coming up as owners make them available for game. Suite for me ( pun intended,sorry) as an OTD alumni much prefer to be inside near the bar. Already done for me. Assumig Ticket guys are correct one more section not nearly going to be enuf. P4L are both student sections adjacent? in bleachers? Certainly hope not

Yes both student sections are adjacent.. but you cannot see the other student section because the Mohegan Sports Bar is in the way. So, they are separated. Heard the same story re suites.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3505/3813632409_0c26f3570f_z.jpg

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Any of you guys interested in a quick AGS tailgate brew at 149 or 150?

Kramer
November 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM

Yep!

Engineer86
November 19th, 2013, 07:45 PM

Sure

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Great! Will either of you be tailgating near the Rust Pavilion?

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
You Leopard Ladies are more than welcome to join us.

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Yup.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2013, 08:36 PM
You Leopard Ladies are more than welcome to join us.

Where is this Rust (Brown) Pavilion? Inquiring Leopards need to know!

Engineer86
November 19th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Great! Will either of you be tailgating near the Rust Pavilion?

Along the second tree line not far

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Walk directly out from stadium entrance through grass about qtr mile until u hit the street, cross the roundabout, the pavilion will be right there. The only thing with a roof. I'll be around there about 11am w my Lehigh hoodie. The port o pots are right past the pavilion on the left if u keep walking.

ngineer
November 19th, 2013, 11:08 PM
The Rust Football Pavillion is at the 'intersection' of Goodman Drive, which has the 'traffic circle' due south of the Stadium, and the driveway that goes into the Stabler parking lot. The pavilion is on the left if you are headed south. "Our" tailgate, (i.e.The Kings of Tailgates) Class of 1974 is directly across the driveway from the Rust Pavillion. Flag will be flying. Fifteen turkeys will be deep fried and all the 'trimmings'. A great repaste, though we do take a collection for the Roger McFillin Fund (late Captain of the 1973 team), but the food is worth it! But I usually 'make the rounds to the Pavillion, since it is the HQ for former Lehigh football players. Sigma Chi tailgate will also be in full swing on the grass between the parking lot and Goodman Drive (numerous flags and pennants flying).

ngineer
November 19th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I heard that the Yankees have a certain allotment for their sale, which will occur later once all schools' alums and students and faculty have been accounted. Sales to the general public will likely not occur until early next year, and they, likely, would be what's ever left in the third deck and forth if warranted. Our seats in section 239. We have a 'group' of 415 that take up a section and half. I understand that the LU students will be in the sections above left and left center field, and LC students in right and right center field.

CHIP72
July 23rd, 2014, 09:15 PM
Any word on whether seats in the top deck sections at Yankee Stadium not near the foul poles (i.e. already sold) will be put on sale sometime before the game? I would think the Yankees could sell those remaining seats without too much trouble based on the demand for the already-sold seats.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 23rd, 2014, 09:36 PM
No word yet. I am wondering if maybe this question might be answered at Patriot League Media Day this upcoming week.

CHIP72
July 23rd, 2014, 10:33 PM
I hope they are sold because I still want to go and still don't have a ticket. Yeah, there will probably be tickets on StubHub but the prices...

It sucks being a Lehigh Valley native who no longer lives within easy driving distance of the Lehigh Valley, having interest in both Lehigh and Lafayette football, but not being an alumnus of either school and not being able to go to 150 in a 50,000 seat stadium because the seats sold out in about 5 seconds the couple times they were put on sale (and not being in the information loop when those tickets did go on sale). xmadx

LeopardBall10
July 24th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Don't worry CHIP, I am keeping my ear to the ground as well. I am a Laf alum and I don't have a ticket either. And to be honest, I would probably end up in the parking lot either way, but a ticket would be awesome.

Pard4Life
July 29th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I keep hearing 45,000 sold so far... that's almost near the 48,100 capacity for football.

van
July 29th, 2014, 06:16 PM
These games are always sell outs, but there are always tickets available, not to worry Chip, if you want to be there just keep you're eyes on this site and ask when the time comes.

RichH2
July 29th, 2014, 06:35 PM
48000 anticipated number for our game. Stadium holds up to 54,000 for football.

Bogus Megapardus
August 5th, 2014, 09:15 PM
The Game Ball (courtesy of Lafayette Equipment Staff (https://twitter.com/LafayetteEQ)) -

http://i60.tinypic.com/6h5mc4.jpg

RichH2
August 5th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Great picture. Trust Pards to get the names backwards again :):)

Bogus Megapardus
August 5th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Great picture. Trust Pards to get the names backwards again :):)

It's our home game, RichH. You know that. You guys wanna bring your own football, be my guest. xtroublex

RichH2
August 6th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Hehehe..couldn't resist, Bogie. Any word what LC doing with the tickets that were held back for seaso ticket buyers? Buddy(LC'63) overseas until Oct.

Bogus Megapardus
August 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Hehehe..couldn't resist, Bogie. Any word what LC doing with the tickets that were held back for season ticket buyers? Buddy(LC'63) overseas until Oct.

Last word is that season ticket sales are down given only 4 games at Fisher this year. In the past you pretty much had to buy season tix to get a L-L ticket. This year the #150 tix were sold individually. Bottom line is that *apparently* you can still get a #150 ticket if you buy a Fisher season ticket.

Because of #150 Fisher season ticket prices are MUCH less expensive than last season - only $52. So that plus the cost of a #150 ticket at this late stage might be worth it.

http://www.goleopards.com/tickets/football.html

I'd contact the Lafayette ticket office before doing anything, though.

RichH2
August 6th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks Bogie. Talked to him last night,he's getting the package so as not to miss game.

CHIP72
August 14th, 2014, 08:35 PM
This may not matter to anyone but me, but the 76ers are playing the Knicks at MSG at 7:30 PM the same day as Lehigh/Lafayette 150. A two sport doubleheader sounds pretty good to me (if I can get tickets to both events).

RichH2
August 14th, 2014, 08:51 PM
This may not matter to anyone but me, but the 76ers are playing the Knicks at MSG at 7:30 PM the same day as Lehigh/Lafayette 150. A two sport doubleheader sounds pretty good to me (if I can get tickets to both events).

You wont have trouble getting Knick tickets Dont expect us to be very good yet,IIR ,LU-Columbia wrestling also.

CHIP72
August 14th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Temple basketball will also be playing at the Barclay's Center that evening at probably either 7 PM (a bit too early with 150 at 3:30 PM two boroughs away) or 9:30 PM. (In addition to Lehigh and Lafayette from my native Lehigh Valley, I also root for all of the Philadelphia Big Five/City Six schools in basketball.)

RichH2
August 14th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Pretty quick to barclays via subway.

CHIP72
August 14th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Pretty quick to barclays via subway.

Hmm, it does look like the 4 Train (and for that matter the D Train) goes to Atlantic Avenue Terminal area where the Barclay's Center is located, and I know there are only a few express train stops in Manhattan on the Lexington Avenue line (i.e. the 4 & 5 trains).

I'd still rather do the 76ers game at MSG more than the Temple game though (yes, I know the 76ers will be horrendous this coming season). Of course, I'd rather do 150 more than either of them. :)

Bogus Megapardus
August 14th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Hmm, it does look like the 4 Train (and for that matter the D Train) goes to Atlantic Avenue Terminal area where the Barclay's Center is located, and I know there are only a few express train stops in Manhattan on the Lexington Avenue line (i.e. the 4 & 5 trains).

I'd still rather do the 76ers game at MSG more than the Temple game though (yes, I know the 76ers will be horrendous this coming season). Of course, I'd rather do 150 more than either of them. :)

Practically every line seems to converge in that area around Atlantic Ave. NYU's grad campus and Pratt Institute also are in that neighborhood. If you haven't been there recently, there's a lot of nice development going on. The Hotel Indigo at Duffield and Willoughby is an excellent choice, BTW.

RichH2
August 15th, 2014, 12:07 AM
If you change your mind take the A,must faster.As Bogie said lots of new around the Barclays. Indigo is excellent. Or cross over Flatbsh,go down 5th Ave. A number of great places.

Bogus Megapardus
August 15th, 2014, 01:33 AM
If you change your mind take the A,must faster.As Bogie said lots of new around the Barclays. Indigo is excellent. Or cross over Flatbsh,go down 5th Ave. A number of great places.

Years past I've had several occasions to run the NYC Marathon through that neighborhood. Up 4th Ave, Flatbush for a short stretch, then across Lafayette Ave and up Bedford Ave towards Queens and the 59th Street Bridge (one never forgets). Other than the desolate piece over the Third Ave Bridge into the South Bronx, that area was the scariest part of the whole thing. Some guys looked like they'd steal your shoes if you were doing anything less than a hard six minute pace.

The recent transformation is dramatic in comparison.

CHIP72
August 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I've been in the Atlantic Terminal/Barclay's Center area a few times in recent years so I'm familiar with the area (and the many subway lines in the area); I think the last time I was there was in June 2013. I just wasn't thinking about the subway lines that run express in Manhattan (like the 4, A, and D) and how that makes what appears to be a long trip from Yankee Stadium to the Barclay's Center a considerably shorter trip. :)

Of course, the trip from Yankee Stadium to Madison Square Garden is still a lot shorter via the D train (or D and A trains).

Lehigh Football Nation
August 15th, 2014, 04:46 PM
On that day, to me, there will be only one sporting event.

RichH2
August 15th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Years past I've had several occasions to run the NYC Marathon through that neighborhood. Up 4th Ave, Flatbush for a short stretch, then across Lafayette Ave and up Bedford Ave towards Queens and the 59th Street Bridge (one never forgets). Other than the desolate piece over the Third Ave Bridge into the South Bronx, that area was the scariest part of the whole thing. Some guys looked like they'd steal your shoes if you were doing anything less than a hard six minute pace.

The recent transformation is dramatic in comparison. The Golden Triangle, LIC out to BedStuy over thru Dowtown then the Heights. Remarkable. On your route,still have some very shaky spots,Queensbridge Houses for one. Pratt area quite nice now :).

We are in Bklyn quite often.

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2014, 07:34 PM
My take is the game will likely be over at 645-7pm... barring no overtime of course... 330pm start with TV commercials will probably be 3.5 hours.

heath
August 15th, 2014, 07:49 PM
You guys are worrying about nothing..........Plenty of tickets are available from fans that bought 50-100 tickets each and are holding hands full of extras.
Hop on one of the many buses going up with groups and just relax. Enjoy tailgating in the club levels( after many drinks on the bus trip) And then celebrate a Lehigh victory with the rest of us. FWIW. I will be at my 5th scrum. Enjoy the ride home and gloatxnodx

Franks Tanks
August 15th, 2014, 10:01 PM
The Golden Triangle, LIC out to BedStuy over thru Dowtown then the Heights. Remarkable. On your route,still have some very shaky spots,Queensbridge Houses for one. Pratt area quite nice now :).

We are in Bklyn quite often.

RichH2 = hipster.

I heard he was last seen riding a fixed gear bike in Williamsburg while drinking a PBR and eating an organic, fair trade chicken sandwich all while designing his new app which is sure to hit it big.

CHIP72
August 15th, 2014, 11:08 PM
My take is the game will likely be over at 645-7pm... barring no overtime of course... 330pm start with TV commercials will probably be 3.5 hours.

That's my thinking as well.

RichH2
August 15th, 2014, 11:29 PM
xlolxWell,I would have to be 40 yrs younger to even qualify but thanks anywayxrolleyesx. My daughter recently moved to Williamsburg and youngest son lives in Midwood,hence we go to Bklyn a lot.xlovex

ngineer
August 16th, 2014, 11:48 AM
You wont have trouble getting Knick tickets Dont expect us to be very good yet,IIR ,LU-Columbia wrestling also.

Wrestling match is the night before #150. 7 PM at the NY Athletic Club. Small gym. With SRO maybe squeeze 2000 at the most.

RichH2
August 16th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Yup, W staying home but son and I are going,I hope. Tickets a problem? Figured just to go. A crowd expected?

ngineer
August 16th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Yup, W staying home but son and I are going,I hope. Tickets a problem? Figured just to go. A crowd expected?

Tickets should be part of season ticket order form. Not sure what the exact capacity of NYAC is, and Columbia could bring a few people. BTW, first televised collegiate wrestling match was between Lehigh and some NY school I can't be sure of, from NYAC back in 1940's I think.

RichH2
August 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Thanks n. Checked, I can get some from LU.

citdog
August 16th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Yup, W staying home but son and I are going

http://caffeinelights.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/hookers.jpg

?????????????????

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Cocaine.jpg

??????????????????????????????????

RichH2
August 16th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Not funny citdog. Classless post.

Bogus Megapardus
August 17th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Not funny citdog. Classless post.

I don't even get it. If there's a punchline in there it sailed right past me.

Pard4Life
August 17th, 2014, 09:16 AM
I don't even get it. If there's a punchline in there it sailed right past me.

What goes on at Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn?

Pards Rule
August 18th, 2014, 09:05 AM
What goes on at Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn?

No, that looks like the readerboard of the McDonalds on Peachtree Ave in Atlanta!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 18th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I really hate it when citdog posts snaps of the movies on his smartphone like that.

Pard4Life
August 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Pretty disappointing if you ask me... you can't watch the game if you don't have a sports package, and nobody knows this channel exists.

CBS Sports Network To Televise 150th Meeting At Yankee Stadium

EASTON, Pa. - The 150th Meeting (http://www.rivalry150.com/) of College Football’s Most Played Rivalry, Lafayette College vs. Lehigh University, will be televised by CBS Sports Network on Nov. 22, 2014. The game, which will be hosted by Lafayette at Yankee Stadium, will be carried live beginning at 3:30 p.m. CBS Sports Network’s lead announce team of Carter Blackburn and Aaron Taylor will call the action.

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081914aaa.html

Lehigh Football Nation
August 19th, 2014, 11:06 AM
P4L:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jyaTsWEn3U

ngineer
August 19th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Pretty disappointing if you ask me... you can't watch the game if you don't have a sports package, and nobody knows this channel exists.

CBS Sports Network To Televise 150th Meeting At Yankee Stadium

EASTON, Pa. - The 150th Meeting (http://www.rivalry150.com/) of College Football’s Most Played Rivalry, Lafayette College vs. Lehigh University, will be televised by CBS Sports Network on Nov. 22, 2014. The game, which will be hosted by Lafayette at Yankee Stadium, will be carried live beginning at 3:30 p.m. CBS Sports Network’s lead announce team of Carter Blackburn and Aaron Taylor will call the action.

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081914aaa.html

I've watched a number of games on CBS Sportsnet over the years and think they do a pretty decent job. I think more and more cable outlets carry these "supplemental" stations as sports has become such a huge commodity for most with a TV. i was holding out hope that a deal with "Game Day" could have been worked out.

Bogus Megapardus
August 20th, 2014, 12:31 AM

I pay for the whole sports package just to get CBS Sports Network. I think its costs me five dollars and change on Comcast. They show a ton of bullfighting but also a good deal of lacrosse, which I like. Besides, you'll be at the game, right?

Carter Blackburn and Aaron Taylor will call the action.

There MUST be some way to allow Gary Laubach and Mike Joseph to do a simulcast, on radio or something. I'll be at the game but I'd really like to have a video with our guys calling it. They're just the best. They'd certainly know Lafayette better and in all likelihood they'd know Lehigh much better than the CBS national crew. Blackburn and Taylor are Mountain West guys.

"More than 48,000 tickets have been sold for the rivalry game that was first contested in 1884."

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 12:37 AM
i was holding out hope that a deal with "Game Day" could have been worked out.

You should be telling jokes like the above on a stage for pay.

Bogus Megapardus
August 20th, 2014, 12:44 AM
   

          

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_vipplayer/10232894.jpeg

Lehigh'98
August 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM
They screwed up the logo. It should be Lehigh - Lafayette. Which congressmen can I write to about this?

Pard4Life
August 20th, 2014, 01:38 PM
They screwed up the logo. It should be Lehigh - Lafayette. Which congressmen can I write to about this?

We are the home team, so in this example, Lafayette listed first, followed by vs., is correct.

L*_#!h vs. Lafayette... incorrect.

Bogus Megapardus
August 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
You should be telling jokes like the above on a stage for pay.

. . . because the VMI/Citadel game will be on Game Day instead? xrolleyesx

You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God
only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly
of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the
North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let
this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances
of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard
of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously
mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit
and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start
with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets
of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see
in the end that you will surely fail.

Gnl. William Tecumseh Sherman

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
. . . because the VMI/Citadel game will be on Game Day instead? xrolleyesx

You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God
only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly
of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the
North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let
this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances
of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard
of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously
mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit
and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start
with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets
of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see
in the end that you will surely fail.

Gnl. William Tecumseh Sherman

I don't care for the opinion of a War Criminal and a practitioner of genocide.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
You may not like it but you cant deny that he was right.It was a war you started dont complain now about how it was waged or that you lost.

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 05:46 PM
You may not like it but you cant deny that he was right.It was a war you started dont complain now about how it was waged or that you lost.

GOD denied us the victory but allowed us a GLORIOUS heritage to pass on to our people. If you are comfortable with forcing others to remain in a political alliance by the force of arms and glorifying a man who did things we hung Nazis for and who was DIRECTLY responsible for the genocide against the American Indian then I guess we really do reside in different countries.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 06:29 PM
No problem with honoring the valor of those who fought in that war. There may be glory in some men but there is none in war. And toseek to justify that war by spouting genocide is disengenuous at best and always a ratioalization of an idiotic and unnecessary conflict. Nor can State's rights provide any reason . No State or individual has the right to enslave a human being.

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 06:52 PM
No problem with honoring the valor of those who fought in that war. There may be glory in some men but there is none in war. And toseek to justify that war by spouting genocide is disengenuous at best and always a ratioalization of an idiotic and unnecessary conflict. Nor can State's rights provide any reason . No State or individual has the right to enslave a human being.

Was the First American Revolution necessary?

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Was the First American Revolution necessary?
Juvenile response. You're better than that citdog. Despite the similarities you are relying on,the underlying distinction remains. Our revolution was territories with no say in ruling themselves revolting to obtain that right. The Civil war was at its base a minority with a say in ruling the whole country rebelling because the majority disagreed with slavery. Which brings us back to no entity or individual has the right to enslave a human being

heath
August 20th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Juvenile response. You're better than that citdog. Despite the similarities you are relying on,the underlying distinction remains. Our revolution was territories with no say in ruling themselves revolting to obtain that right. The Civil war was at its base a minority with a say in ruling the whole country rebelling because the majority disagreed with slavery. Which brings us back to no entity or individual has the right to enslave a human being
Would you you two idiots please keep it football. Please Citidog, take your southern rhetoric to the bedroom and impress the general. This is football not historyxsmhx

Pard4Life
August 20th, 2014, 07:20 PM
BACK TO FOOTBALL..

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Sorry. Agreed no more history just football.

CHIP72
August 20th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Sorry. Agreed no more history just football.

Unless we're talking about football history of course. ;)

I may try to call the Yankees next week to see if they have any plans to put the remaining seats they have not tried to sell yet (i.e. most of the 400 level) for 150. One has to think that the quick sellout of the extra tickets that were released back in June made them think they could sell most/all of the remaining seats if they were put on sale.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 08:05 PM
According to original statement,tickets were going to be put on sale in Sept.

CHIP72
August 20th, 2014, 08:08 PM

I realize you're probably being tongue-in-cheek, but I'm guessing you are aware Lehigh is selling apparel with an alternate, Lehigh-oriented 150 logo.

Here's the T-shirt:

http://lehighgear.com/media/images/products/2014/7/LEH327_medium.jpg
The logo Lafayette is using for Lafayette-oriented 150 branding looks like this:

http://store464.collegestoreonline.com/webitemimages/464/W43332-m.jpg

CHIP72
August 20th, 2014, 08:11 PM
According to original statement,tickets were going to be put on sale in Sept.

Where did you see that statement? The Yankees still don't have anything on their website. (Their website does mention the 11/8 Army/Connecticut football game.)

Pard4Life
August 20th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I realize you're probably being tongue-in-cheek, but I'm guessing you are aware Lehigh is selling apparel with an alternate, Lehigh-oriented 150 logo.

Here's the T-shirt:

http://lehighgear.com/media/images/products/2014/7/LEH327_medium.jpg

Looks like crap to me.. xnodx

I do admit, the logo branding on our end is kinda lame.

Overall, our team logos are copies of each other... some unimaginative corporate branding consultant no doubt.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Where did you see that statement? The Yankees still don't have anything on their website. (Their website does mention the 11/8 Army/Connecticut football game.)
On LU site under the 150 announcements. It's pretty far down but there is a list of dates when tickets could be ordered by different groups.

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Would you you two idiots please keep it football. Please Citidog, take your southern rhetoric to the bedroom and impress the general. This is football not historyxsmhx

I didn't bring it up.

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 09:05 PM

It WAS? The majority wanted to end the 'peculiar institution' you say? You are WRONG on both accounts. Abolitionists were a SMALL minority in the northern States and anyone who has even taken a survey course on American History knows that. The best way for the South to preserve her domestic institutions was by remaining in the union or returning to it by 1 Jan 1863. We fought for the same reasons that we fought the lobsterbacks. For Liberty and Independence.

CHIP72
August 20th, 2014, 09:53 PM
On LU site under the 150 announcements. It's pretty far down but there is a list of dates when tickets could be ordered by different groups.

If I'm looking at the right thing, I'm unsure that brochure with ticket information is valid anymore. It appears the brochure was printed in October 2013 when the demand for tickets was expected to be A LOT lower.

Having said the above, from what I've seen - here (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/7852182.jpeg) and here (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/7478065.jpeg) - most of the 400 level seating has not been put up for sale yet by either school or the Yankees.

Pard4Life
August 20th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I thought the Yankee tickets are extremely limited and you have to know somebody who knows somebody... so says the MCall article from two weeks ago.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
When a friend called this is what he was referred to. At this point, all LU tickets are sold. Yankees are putting tickets up,lasI saw was Sept. Try calling Box Office directly. There no doubt that Yanks will be selling tickets.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 10:07 PM
It WAS? The majority wanted to end the 'peculiar institution' you say? You are WRONG on both accounts. Abolitionists were a SMALL minority in the northern States and anyone who has even taken a survey course on American History knows that. The best way for the South to preserve her domestic institutions was by remaining in the union or returning to it by 1 Jan 1863. We fought for the same reasons that we fought the lobsterbacks. For Liberty and Independence.
So revisionist of you,smh.
Anyway debate over,back to football.

citdog
August 20th, 2014, 10:13 PM
So revisionist of you,smh.
Anyway debate over,back to football.

REVISIONIST? You should REALLY pick up a book because you got a second rate history education in college. The keeping of servants was protected under the Constitution and required an amendment to abolish. It would have been 50 years before the numbers would have been there to do so. The emancipation proclimation stated that if the "States now in 'rebellion' against the national government did not return to the late union before 1 Jan 1863 they would be henceforth and forever free". So like I said the best way for the South to preserve her domestic institution was by NEVER seceding or giving up our struggle for independence by 1 Jan 1863.

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Enoughh citdog.While fun for you and me,annoying everyone else and really this is a footballboard. Sorryfor the crack, I shouldn't have goaded you.

Bisonoline
August 20th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Enoughh citdog.While fun for you and me,annoying everyone else and really this is a footballboard. Sorryfor the crack, I shouldn't have goaded you.

I love the conversation -----so why not start a separate thread?

RichH2
August 20th, 2014, 11:40 PM
I love the conversation -----so why not start a separate thread?I also, bison but, the people are right this is not the forum for citdog and I to parry, as much as I enjoy his wit ,if not always his point of view

Bogus Megapardus
August 21st, 2014, 09:24 AM

BREAKING NEWS - LEHIGH ANNOUNCES NEW 150TH GAME MERCHANDISE LOGO

Certain to be a Hot Seller

http://i61.tinypic.com/2niskeq.png

Bill
August 21st, 2014, 09:27 AM
Bogie, I didn't know you were such a fan of Dairy Queen:)

RichH2
August 21st, 2014, 09:59 AM
The Bogie and Bill performing for amusement and edification:) LMAO.

Bogus Megapardus
August 21st, 2014, 01:18 PM
The Bogie and Bill performing for amusement and edification:) LMAO.

In all seriousness, RichH2, I'm taking you up on your suggestion (in the Lafayette at New Hampshire thread) to depict Kate Upton as artist Enoch Bolles might have done. It's going to take some raster editing skills beyond my current amateur, hack job state of understanding but I'm reading a few things about "digital art" (which is something I never bothered to do before). It will take at least a month to complete but I'm hoping the result is Patriot-League worthy.

And no, the Lehigh pennant won't read, "Brown Stain" and it won't have a pile of poo. I'll be nice. xrolleyesx

Here are the pennants it will include, based on a typical, cross selection slate of PL opponents in the 1930s - Colgate, Holy Cross, Fordham, Lehigh, Georgetown, Bucknell, Navy, Army, Cornell, Rutgers, Princeton, Brown, Penn, Syracuse. I've decided to exclude Temple, Penn State, Pitt, Maryland and West Virginia because I want to keep it all private school (Rutgers was a private school at the time).

RichH2
August 21st, 2014, 01:24 PM
A man of many talents. I have no doubt of your success. Silkscreening next:)