PDA

View Full Version : Match Ups We Hope to See in the Playoffs

PanthersBlue
November 19th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Everyone list the matchup you most want to see in the playoffs and when you think it might occur (1st round, 2nd round etc.).

Also give your bet reason why you want to see this clash.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2013, 06:27 AM
For the Bison it doesn't matter but I would like to see some new teams come to the FD...ex not SDSU like last year.

One game that would be fun to watch would be EIU/EWU and how many points and yards they put up between them.

Grizzlies82
November 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM
One game that would be fun to watch would be EIU/EWU and how many points and yards they put up between them.

I'd like to see North Dakota State versus both of those teams. I can't see anyone pounding out a win against this Bison defense. Though I have my doubts how well they'd hold up against a quick strike passing attack. So I'd love to see how E. WA or E. IL fares vs. NDSU. Hope the brackets are structured to provide either of these match ups prior to the Championship.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
I'd like to see North Dakota State versus both of those teams. I can't see anyone pounding out a win against this Bison defense. Though I have my doubts how well they'd hold up against a quick strike passing attack. So I'd love to see how E. WA or E. IL fares vs. NDSU. Hope the brackets are structured to provide either of these match ups prior to the Championship.

Probably not until the title game. EIU will be the #2 and EWU will probably be the #3 if they all win this weekend.

Teams have to be able to run the ball against the Bison. Just throwing it every down will not do it, the Bison secondary is really good.

But I agree those 2 teams would be interesting match-ups for sure.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Montana @ EIU. So I can see Montana play and see some friends.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Chattanooga, Montana St, and Eastern Washington.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I've got tunnel vision right now. All, I want to do is to take care of business in Beaumont against Lamar then I'll worry about playoffs and who we play.

Doc

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
UNH and anybodyxprayx

Grizzlies82
November 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
UNH and anybodyxprayx

Well played!

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Furman against NDSU in Fresno.

LeeshaJo
November 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Well, AS an SDSU fan, we need to win our play-in game this weekend ;) and then I kind of want Montana, unfinished business and all that. In terms of easy win it wouldn't be because it would mean we were shipped there and no home game, but I still kind of have a nasty taste in my mouth from the last time and would like to replace it ;)

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Furman against NDSU in Fresno.
We'll meet you guys there after we get done in Frisco ;)

RabidRabbit
November 19th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I'd like to play a MEAC or Patriot team, round 1, and an OVC/Southland/CAA team 2nd round. Most likely to be a BSC round 1, and either the BSC seed or NDSU in round 2.

Jacks are a good team, and I think could do very well against anybody except Bison. They're a bigger, meaner version of the Jacks. Hate losing to these arch-rivals, but have to respect what they do year after year.

Bisonator
November 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see EIU against EWU and Towson or Fordham against NDSU in the semi's. Two totally different styles of football. Then I would like a rematch of the 2010 quarterfinal between NDSU/EWU in Frisco. Our seniors want payback and it would be epic to see them come full circle.

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
We'll meet you guys there after we get done in Frisco ;)

Considering I'm driving to Texas this weekend, you'd think I would have gotten that right.

SpeedkingATL
November 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
I'd like to see ANY SoCon team make it to the 3rd round. Other than that, maybe a Montana @ NDSU would be interesting.

tanagriz
November 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I want to see Montana come to EIU, because selfishly, I would get to go (and it would be a pretty great 40th birthday present). The problem with that for me is that my family are EIU legacies and I'm a Montana grad. And there's a cousin playing for EIU. First world problems and all! ;)

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
EWU in Cheney to get revenge for this (and last) year, NDSU to (maybe) get revenge for 10 years ago.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
EWU/NDSU woulda be an epic title bout. So many storylines.

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 09:43 AM
EWU/NDSU woulda be an epic title bout. So many storylines.

Rather see a good team like SELA play against the reigning champs, instead of a pretender.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM
EWU in Cheney to get revenge for this (and last) year, NDSU to (maybe) get revenge for 10 years ago.

We'll only dress 36 scholarship players, just to make it fair. :D

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Rather see a good team like SELA play against the reigning champs, instead of a pretender.

LMFAO. The last two title games have shown who the pretender is. Go sit down and pray you even make the playoffs, you titleless tool.

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
LMFAO. The last two title games have shown who the pretender is. Go sit down and pray you even make the playoffs, you titleless tool.

Still beat you, twice.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
bring on EWU....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW01GhdNkm8

worrierking
November 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I have worked for and rooted for McNeese for 20+ years and I am a graduate of Eastern Illinois. I would be thrilled if we get a chance to meet in the post-season in Charleston. We had a shot for it to happen in 2001 but both teams lost first-round battles.

For it to happen, EIU needs to get the #2 seed, which I think they will and McNeese needs the #7 seed, which is possible. Then we both have to win.

I need a beer at Ike's and a Pepe from the original Jimmy John's.

FordhamFan
November 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I really would like to see Fordham against anybody traditionally solid FCS programs (Montana, SHSU, NDSU, EWU etc...). Just to see how we stack up against teams that are perennially good. You know when you have success for the first time in a long time, you want to see how real it is, how the team stacks up against somebody that does it consistently. Even if the Rams got smashed, I'd just want to see them against a measuring stick.

344Johnson
November 19th, 2013, 10:36 AM
EWU- Heartbreak from 2010 needs to be mended.
EIU- Wanna see this Jimmy guy...
Montana- Watched them dismantle UND this year....wanna see them against the Herd.
Montana St- Buyout
Fordham - Put these Patriot teams down where they belong.
Towson - Not sure why.
Chattown - FAR AND AWAY my most preferred opponent.

PanthersBlue
November 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
EWU- Heartbreak from 2010 needs to be mended.
EIU- Wanna see this Jimmy guy...
Montana- Watched them dismantle UND this year....wanna see them against the Herd.
Montana St- Buyout
Fordham - Put these Patriot teams down where they belong.
Towson - Not sure why.
Chattown - FAR AND AWAY my most preferred opponent.

I hope we meet in Frisco. I think it could be an epic match-up.

UIWWildthing
November 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM
NDSU/Towson in Frisco

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I'd like Fordham/and or Lehigh to get a shot at a BSC team not named EWU......

DJKyR0
November 19th, 2013, 11:26 AM
NDSU-Bama in Tuscaloosa. Bring it.

dudeitsaid
November 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM

Would like to see SHSU in Cheney, finally shake this monkey off our back, and shut Texas and some others up.

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Would like to see SHSU in Cheney, finally shake this monkey off our back, and shut Texas and some others up.

Happened last year if I recall correctly SHSU walked away with a win and a ticket to Frisco.

dudeitsaid
November 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Happened last year if I recall correctly SHSU walked away with a win and a ticket to Frisco.

It's happened twice in Cheney. Something tells me the third time wouldn't be the charm. But seriously, I'd rather play you guys at full strength so there wouldn't be any asterisks next to the win. You guys beat our starters, we want to beat yours. If Bell is out, I think you guys will have a tough time making it as far this year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 19th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Griz-Byzin.

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
It's happened twice in Cheney. Something tells me the third time wouldn't be the charm. But seriously, I'd rather play you guys at full strength so there wouldn't be any asterisks next to the win. You guys beat our starters, we want to beat yours. If Bell is out, I think you guys will have a tough time making it as far this year.

Smack aside we probably won't make it past second round. Flanders isn't healthy either our back up QBs are big unknowns, one was awful against SELA the other looked sharp but not enough evidence to make a full judgement.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Griz-Byzin.

Bison would roll the Grizz this year!!

That should 'stoke' the fire alittle.....xlolx

BEAR
November 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see SELA vs. NDSU.

That Lion defense is solid but the difference maker is that Oregon QB transfer. Would it be enough to win. Maybe not. But it's the matchup I'd like to see sometime in the playoffs.

Skyhawk71
November 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Bethune-Cookman v. Tennessee State- First Round Rematch from first game of the season..........."The Our Conference finally Won A Playoff Game Bowl", although I do believe EIU will accomplish this feat, still would be a good game for TSU if they get everybody back

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Bison would roll the Grizz this year!!

That should 'stoke' the fire alittle.....xlolx

Most Griz fans would probably agree with that, although it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility for us to pull off the upset.

Darlinikki150
November 19th, 2013, 12:50 PM
1. EW-revenge is needed
2. SHSU- just cuz 3 times would be epic
3. Chatty- just to pound the ever living life out of the and send them home where they belong.

TigerFen
November 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
A first or second round game against Delaware or Lehigh. Get rid of both of the bad losses in recent memory on the way to a deep run. I don't think I get that luck, but I can only hope.

Silenoz
November 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Most Griz fans would probably agree with that, although it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility for us to pull off the upset.

Well if they let Henderson behind them multiple times, and Worst re-learns how to kick field goals, we don't miss 430 open field tackles, and Delaney doesn't Delaney us...

http://img.pandawhale.com/50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

gumby013
November 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I want to see Eastern Washington vs Eastern Illinois.

Records would be set in defensive futility.

PAllen
November 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Lehigh at Towson for purely selfish reasons.

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Round 1 - Delaware or W&M, Huck the Fens 55-2 LU........ W&M, bring on that vaunted defense 53-2 LU
Round 2 - Towson. 2011 was no fluke my Tiger friends. 46-3 LU
Quarters - Fordham. Make up for that early Oct hiccup. 67-21 LU
Semis - NDSU domination continues....... Not so fast my friend, LU pulls off upset of the millennium. NoDak cries, then makes excuses. 43.5 - 9 LU wins!!
Finals - EIU. Bring on the best. Grappolo is a stud, but the vaunted Engineer defense builds a blockade. 47 - 44 LU

McNeese75
November 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I'd like to see SELA vs. NDSU.

That Lion defense is solid but the difference maker is that Oregon QB transfer. Would it be enough to win. Maybe not. But it's the matchup I'd like to see sometime in the playoffs.

That would be an interesting match up but i'm not sure Bennett could take the pounding at this point in time. It we are talking Frisco then he would have a few weeks to rest that hand and knee.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Round 1 - Delaware or W&M, Huck the Fens 55-2 LU........ W&M, bring on that vaunted defense 53-2 LU
Round 2 - Towson. 2011 was no fluke my Tiger friends. 46-3 LU
Quarters - Fordham. Make up for that early Oct hiccup. 67-21 LU
Semis - NDSU domination continues....... Not so fast my friend, LU pulls off upset of the millennium. NoDak cries, then makes excuses. 43.5 - 9 LU wins!!
Finals - EIU. Bring on the best. Grappolo is a stud, but the vaunted Engineer defense builds a blockade. 47 - 44 LU

Yep.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17gq15kbe7z85jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yep.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17gq15kbe7z85jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

How'd you know?

tomq04
November 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM

this! Only game of the season...until the title game

Red & Black
November 19th, 2013, 02:51 PM
this! Only game of the season...until the title game

+2

Tribal
November 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM
In no particular order:

NDSU vs Maine
W&M vs NAU
Bethune-Cookman vs Fordham :screwy:
EWU vs SHS
E. Ill vs McNeese St
Chatty vs Montana (just for AGS entertainment)

Darlinikki150
November 19th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Still beat you, twice.

Funny, we Bison fans say the same thing about the KittyCats!

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
NDSU Winning the National Title for the 3rd year in a row.

kalm
November 19th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Montana-EWU, especially in the quarters or semi's.

EWU-EIU

EWU-SHSU, revenge

EWU-NDSU, I'd like to see our offense matched up against their D. Guessing it would be a similar game to the one in 2010.

LIONFAN07
November 19th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I want to see how we match up with the Bison. Plus I just wanna got to the Fargo Dome. #LionUp

thebootfitter
November 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM
EWU-NDSU, I'd like to see our offense matched up against their D. Guessing it would be a similar game to the one in 2010.
I'm guessing the max EWU could score on the Bison defense is maybe the mid-20s, but more likely under 20.

McNeese75
November 19th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Funny, we Bison fans say the same thing about the KittyCats!

Southern Bison
November 19th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I want to see Eastern Washington vs Eastern Illinois.

Records would be set in defensive futility.

I'd like to see that too...similar the the SHSU/Ewww semifinal last year. The winner showed their entire playbook during the game and made it easy for a 39-13 win for us.

kalm
November 19th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing the max EWU could score on the Bison defense is maybe the mid-20s, but more likely under 20.

Could be but I doubt it. You haven't faced too many offenses like this over the past couple of years. Not a knock, I just think that's what makes the match up interesting. But yes, if you kept us in the low 20's I'd be surprised if we'd win. It would boil down to VA making plays or neutralizing your pass rush with quick throws...both of which he can do.

Hammerhead
November 19th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I'd like to see Younstown State manage to get in and then have to make the trip to Fargo for another butt kicking to stick it in the face of their douchebag coach.

Grizzlies82
November 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'd like to see Younstown State manage to get in and then have to make the trip to Fargo for another butt kicking to stick it in the face of their douchebag coach.
OK, I'll bite. What exactly happened in the recent Youngstown game to cause all these loving references to their coach?

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2013, 11:03 PM
OK, I'll bite. What exactly happened in the recent Youngstown game to cause all these loving references to their coach?

He was on the playing field more than his 1st string quarterback.

Grizzlies82
November 19th, 2013, 11:23 PM
He was on the playing field more than his 1st string quarterback.

So did your linebackers take him out? If not, is it time for a change in your defensive scheme?

maine612
November 19th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I'd like Maine to host Fordham in Round 2, Coastal Carolina in round 3 and then travel to Fargo for the semifinal. I will drive there and watch that great matchup. When we play in the championship game I'll take Eastern Illinois only because I'd like to see their QB play.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I guess I need NDSU/SHSU just so xcoach2 can embarrass himself again. amirite?

GoCats23
November 19th, 2013, 11:39 PM
UNH and anybodyxprayx

I agree with this, but to answer the questions, somebody we haven't played yet, possibly SDSU. I'd say EIU but I want to actually have a chance.

Darlinikki150
November 19th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I guess I need NDSU/SHSU just so xcoach2 can embarrass himself again. amirite?

You are totally right. He's my fav **** talking KittyCat fan.

LehighU11
November 19th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Do the FBS playoffs go into effect this year? I guess I'd like to see Bama-Baylor and FSU-NDSU in the semis, Bama-Bison in the finals. Bison would topple FSU, but come up short against Alabama.

Bohl and Saban would grow tired of their respective subdivisions and negotiate a 3 year coaching rotation between the two programs to attempt three-peats in both FCS and FBS, before returning to their adoring fans in North Dakota and Alabamaxrotatehx

DoubleH
November 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
UNH and anybodyxprayx

xlolx FWIW, I think you guys get in with a win this weekend.

centennial
November 20th, 2013, 05:34 PM
So did your linebackers take him out? If not, is it time for a change in your defensive scheme?
Took out 1st and 2nd string QB. 1st was already injured, not sure if we re injured him. May have also taken out 1 or 2 more players..
Match up I want to see-
NDSU vs chatty. Would be epic.
NDSU vs EWU. Payback.
NDSU vs SELA. Official entry to beating southland champion.
Do not want to see-
NDSU vs SHSU Don't want to injure their 3rd string QB
NDSU vs SDSU
Other than NDSU
EWU vs EIU
SDSU vs Montana
SELA vs Youngstown
Chatty vs Montana

Darlinikki150
November 20th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Took out 1st and 2nd string QB. 1st was already injured, not sure if we re injured him. May have also taken out 1 or 2 more players..
Match up I want to see-
NDSU vs chatty. Would be epic.
NDSU vs EWU. Payback.
NDSU vs SELA. Official entry to beating southland champion.
Do not want to see-
NDSU vs SHSU Don't want to injure their 3rd string QB
NDSU vs SDSU
Other than NDSU
EWU vs EIU
SDSU vs Montana
SELA vs Youngstown
Chatty vs Montana

Chatty vs Montana- interesting. Why would you wanna see this match up?
SELAvs YSU- I think SELA takes this one handily wout Hess.

And finally, how can you not wanna see Bison/KittyCats? Epic third beat down, they could never live that down plus the runner t-shirts come out and pics of rings they will never get, its just somuch fun.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
**** it. Me and 3rd Base in Frisco!

Good times!

Darlinikki150
November 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM
**** it. Me and 3rd Base in Frisco!
Good times!

That's the spirit! Im staying in the hotel right across from there!

Sam_Kats
November 20th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Not sure if you guys have been following with your dial-up connections up in ND but only way we party together THIS year is if we make the drive to Frisco to watch the Bison play __________________(insert any team other than Sam).

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Not sure if you guys have been following with your dial-up connections up in ND but only way we party together THIS year is if we make the drive to Frisco to watch the Bison play __________________(insert any team other than Sam).

Brian Bell must be ecstatic.

Sam_Kats
November 20th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Because he's hurt?? Wow. Great post.

Wouldn't expect anything different from such a hard working Home Ec wusband like yourself.

It was meant to be a compliment to the ROLL your team is on but again, a douche like yourself prob doesn't understand the hard work ALL these young men put into their years on the playing field.

Tuba section didn't make cuts??

NoDak 4 Ever
November 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Because he's hurt?? Wow. Great post.

Wouldn't expect anything different from such a hard working Home Ec wusband like yourself.

It was meant to be a compliment to the ROLL your team is on but again, a douche like yourself prob doesn't understand the hard work ALL these young men put into their years on the playing field.

Tuba section didn't make cuts??

No because he probably wakes up every night in a flop sweat dreaming about the Bison pass rush.

buffalobill
November 20th, 2013, 11:13 PM
We'll only dress 36 scholarship players, just to make it fair. :D

That is essentially what The Bison did in 2003 against Montana in Missoula with a 25-24 win when they were still D-II scholarship wise. Probably the reason NDSU never got into the BSC.

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:15 PM
That's the spirit! Im staying in the hotel right across from there!

What if you lose before the final?

Darlinikki150
November 20th, 2013, 11:17 PM
What if you lose before the final?

In the unlikely hood that happens, I still get a nice winter vacation. Its damn cold in Fargo in January ya know..

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:28 PM
In the unlikely hood that happens, I still get a nice winter vacation. Its damn cold in Fargo in January ya know..

Well I respect you'd still roll to Frisco. minneapolis is cold too....but it isn't Fargo.

Darlinikki150
November 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Well I respect you'd still roll to Frisco. minneapolis is cold too....but it isn't Fargo.

Depending on who is playing I might forgo the game and do the tourist thing, but most of my friends and I already have the days off, we have our rooms and tix. Be silly not to go.

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Depending on who is playing I might forgo the game and do the tourist thing, but most of my friends and I already have the days off, we have our rooms and tix. Be silly not to go.

I hope to scrounge for tickets in Fargo to the semi and Frisco for the final. Just loving what we've done so far and I'll enjoy it as long as I can. Big game vs New Hampshire this weekend. I love Dallas and agree that any trip there would be a blast!

Darlinikki150
November 20th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I hope to scrounge for tickets in Fargo to the semi and Frisco for the final. Just loving what we've done so far and I'll enjoy it as long as I can. Big game vs New Hampshire this weekend. I love Dallas and agree that any trip there would be a blast!

You would fun up here for game, def be a snap shot for AGS. Freezing our asses off tailgating, but hey at least we are still playing. Here's hoping my friend!

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
You would fun up here for game, def be a snap shot for AGS. Freezing our asses off tailgating, but hey at least we are still playing. Here's hoping my friend!

I was was there for the UNI game and loved it....but it was cold tailgating then....can't imagine December...brrrrr. Solid burgers at Bison Turf though.

Darlinikki150
November 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
I was was there for the UNI game and loved it....but it was cold tailgating then....can't imagine December...brrrrr. Solid burgers at Bison Turf though.

Omg lame. Gotta be outside drinking beer, eating whatever menu we decide to make, and socializing. No sitting in a bar before the game, sitting in the bar is for after the game. Either your celebrating or bitching about ****ty refs and how they cost you the game lol. This North Dakota son, go to Scheels and get some Under Armor!

maine612
November 20th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Omg lame. Gotta be outside drinking beer, eating whatever menu we decide to make, and socializing. No sitting in a bar before the game, sitting in the bar is for after the game. Either your celebrating or bitching about ****ty refs and how they cost you the game lol. This North Dakota son, go to Scheels and get some Under Armor!

Come on... Show me some love.. I did go to scheels...bought a bison tshirt and went to the turf AFTER the game after drinking before. You guys are tough..... Not sure what else I could have done.... Sorry for giving props to the burger bar! It was seriously a good day.

gotts
November 20th, 2013, 11:54 PM

My 28.8k modem helped me to find out that the Texans are in no danger of making the playoffs this year, so that's one less conflict :)

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 12:11 AM
Come on... Show me some love.. I did go to scheels...bought a bison tshirt and went to the turf AFTER the game after drinking before. You guys are tough..... Not sure what else I could have done.... Sorry for giving props to the burger bar! It was seriously a good day.

Lol it sounds like a good start. If ya make to Fargo in the playoffs I will show ya how its supposed to be dun, and it doesn't involve The Turf. Real fans go to Chubs, kisses!

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 12:26 AM
Chatty vs Montana- interesting. Why would you wanna see this match up?
SELAvs YSU- I think SELA takes this one handily wout Hess.

And finally, how can you not wanna see Bison/KittyCats? Epic third beat down, they could never live that down plus the runner t-shirts come out and pics of rings they will never get, its just somuch fun.
Chatty vs Montana- For possibly the biggest thread on AGS this year.
SELA- So another MVFC team can beat up on the southland champion.
No bison/ kitties - After the game last year I saw some of the players crying, I felt bad + I think this year with their injuries they could be looking at 47-7 type of score. I don't like watching extreme one sided games even with my team winning.

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 01:06 AM
That is essentially what The Bison did in 2003 against Montana in Missoula with a 25-24 win when they were still D-II scholarship wise. Probably the reason NDSU never got into the BSC.

This is a ridiculous statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 01:23 AM
Chatty vs Montana- For possibly the biggest thread on AGS this year.
SELA- So another MVFC team can beat up on the southland champion.
No bison/ kitties - After the game last year I saw some of the players crying, I felt bad + I think this year with their injuries they could be looking at 47-7 type of score. I don't like watching extreme one sided games even with my team winning.

I did not feel bad when I saw the player on the bench flipping the camera off....losing is a part of the game. Suck it up like the fans did. No sympathy from me.

centennial
November 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM
I did not feel bad when I saw the player on the bench flipping the camera off....losing is a part of the game. Suck it up like the fans did. No sympathy from me.
Fair enough.. I still don't think they pose much challenge to us this year so the match is not interesting to me. I don't see them in the semi finals.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2013, 02:30 AM
NDSU vs SHSU in Fargo would be a great 2nd round game.

buffalobill
November 21st, 2013, 07:33 PM
xlolx
+2

+2 = 4xlolxxlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
This is a ridiculous statement.

What was it then?

Please say geography
Please say geography

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM

You will still get to see a great game, Chatty vs Lehigh!!!

Darlinikki150
November 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
You will still get to see a great game, Chatty vs Lehigh!!!

Lol that seems unlikely 98 but I like the enthusiasm.

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
What was it then?

Please say geography
Please say geography

That is really the only reason. I understand that UND is in the conference now, but the time period you are referencing was before all the major re-structuring in college football. UND was part of what was supposed to be a package deal for the Big Sky to even out the football playing members to 14 and all-sports members to 12. With the exception of maybe MSU and Montana, most of the Big Sky wouldn't have wanted that deal if they had known it was just going to be UND with no travel partner. That's not a knock on UND, but they are a big-time geographical outlier to the majority of the schools in the Big Sky, and all things considered are a much better fit in the MVFC....same with NDSU. Without USD, that deal never would have been approved, but it is what it is.

But let me guess, your hypothesis is that Montana boycotted NDSU and SDSU's entrance into the Big Sky because they figured the Bison would "win too much"?

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2013, 07:58 PM
Me if I see a Chatty @ Montana St. first round game with the winner headed to Fargo announced on Sunday. :D ($#$@ regionalization!)

http://indiana.laxallstars.com/files/2013/02/soccer-fan-YES.gif

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Lol that seems unlikely 98 but I like the enthusiasm.

AGS would implode!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
That is really the only reason. I understand that UND is in the conference now, but the time period you are referencing was before all the major re-structuring in college football. UND was part of what was supposed to be a package deal for the Big Sky to even out the football playing members to 14 and all-sports members to 12. With the exception of maybe MSU and Montana, most of the Big Sky wouldn't have wanted that deal if they had known it was just going to be UND with no travel partner. That's not a knock on UND, but they are a big-time geographical outlier to the majority of the schools in the Big Sky, and all things considered are a much better fit in the MVFC....same with NDSU. Without USD, that deal never would have been approved, but it is what it is.

But let me guess, your hypothesis is that Montana boycotted NDSU and SDSU's entrance into the Big Sky because they figured the Bison would "win too much"?

Nope but passing on the xDSU's and getting the UxD's (even if you had), was a bad bargain any way you slice it.

Red & Black
November 21st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Nope but passing on the xDSU's and getting the UxD's (even if you had), was a bad bargain any way you slice it.

Well, I agree with you there. I'd rather have all 4 than just one. All 4 would have made a lot of sense - or none at all.

Daved
November 21st, 2013, 10:25 PM
I'd like to see Younstown State manage to get in and then have to make the trip to Fargo for another butt kicking to stick it in the face of their douchebag coach.I'd like to see it also(unless Hess is still hurt.)

TennBison
November 22nd, 2013, 06:29 AM
Personally I want to see new blood, tired of seeing the same teams year in and out. Mostly tired of kicking SHSU every year.
Top teams on my list are.
1. EWU- because they made us play on that damn red field of theirs in 2010.
2. MSU- for their chicken **** back out stunt, force them to come to the dome.

Would be interested in UTC (just to shut up chattownmocs), Towson, or one of the New England schools like Maine/New Hampshire. Either way, I want to see some new/different teams so that we can spread the Bison love around to everybody.

cardiaccowboy
November 25th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I would love to see a rematch of McNeese St. and SLU.

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I would love to see a rematch of McNeese St. and SLU.

That would be awesome!!! xnodx

jacksfan29
November 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM
For what its worth, I had always heard that the Montana schools wanted to add the SDSU and NDSU. The other schools, logically; had issues with the travel. NAU and Sac State were the two I heard mentioned as being the most vocal against the addition of the two State schools..

Catbooster
November 25th, 2013, 11:29 PM
For what its worth, I had always heard that the Montana schools wanted to add the SDSU and NDSU. The other schools, logically; had issues with the travel. NAU and Sac State were the two I heard mentioned as being the most vocal against the addition of the two State schools..
That's my understanding as well. I don't know who was most vocally opposed, but I think the MT schools may have been the only ones in favor at the time. I'm not sure if that would still be true - probably not since UND is in, although most of the schools might prefer off-loading UND rather than adding the XDSU's because of the travel.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Me if I see a Chatty @ Montana St. first round game with the winner headed to Fargo announced on Sunday. :D ($#$@ regionalization!)

http://indiana.laxallstars.com/files/2013/02/soccer-fan-YES.gif

I'm not sure what match up I want to see most. I just want to sit next to this guy at my next game!

Twentysix
November 26th, 2013, 12:58 AM
I'd like to see Furman @ NDSU.

Squealofthepig
November 26th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I wanna see Montana vs. absolutely anyone in the other half of the bracket. That's not asking too much, is it?xsmiley_wix

On a more serious note: Fordham/EIU would be a game I'd love to see - Garapolo vs. Nebrich would just be fun (like an Oregon/Baylor matchup in FBS). Fordham would have to get past Towson after beating Sacred Heart, and EIU would have to handle Butler/Tennessee State. It would not be too surprising to see over 1200 yards of total offense in such a game.

SE LA vs. Maine also interests me - I've only seen one full game for each, and both impressed me.

Skyhawk71
November 26th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I would have said when the thread started, Samford v. Jacksonville State; didn't even think it would happen- but it did- Go Gamecocks!!!!!

Cocky
November 26th, 2013, 07:00 AM
JSU v NDSU would love to continue our winning streak.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2013, 12:24 AM
JSU v NDSU would love to continue our winning streak.

ONLY if you give them food poisoning again.

SLULionsFanatic
November 27th, 2013, 03:42 AM
SLU (Southeastern LA Univ.) vs. NDSU
E Wash. vs E Ill

SLU vs anybody in Frisco!

Go Lions!!