PDA

View Full Version : Team Hotel for home games?

CSU BUCS
October 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Which 1-AA schools stay in a team hotel for home games. I know Charleston Southern takes the team off campus to a hotel for home games now. Who else does?

IaaScribe
October 9th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty sure it's standard practice everywhere ... I-A and I-AA.

Go...gate
October 9th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I don't believe Colgate does it; I think the team still stays at Huntington Gymnasium. Princeton does not do it.

GOKATS
October 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
MT State did it this past weekend for what is the first time that I can recall in preparation for the PSU game. 'Cats won 2 games on the road against CO and NAU, but lost 3 ugly games at home so the coach put the team in a motel in Livingston (some 25 miles east of Bozeman Fri. night). Looks like it worked as the 'Cats beat #15 PSU 14-0.

galojay
October 9th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I don't believe WKU does.

Freightliner
October 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
TXST doesnt...

cosmo here
October 9th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it's standard practice everywhere ... I-A and I-AA.

Lafayette doesn't, except for the Lehigh game . . in fact I believe none of the Patriot League schools do.

th0m
October 9th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Can't say that I've ever heard of JMU doing it, which is not to say they don't, of course.

Hansel
October 9th, 2006, 07:17 PM
don't think NDSU does

Mountaineer#96
October 9th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Appalachain does not, they watch a movie that night which Coach Moore picks out and then they show up the next morning for last minute prep.

SuperJon
October 9th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Liberty does.

DTSpider
October 9th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I'm a little surprised. Richmond does and I thought most schools would. Marriott is generous enough to help out the spiders.

Chucktown
October 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM
EIU does not stay in hotel for home games. I'm sure it has to do with budget

KiddBrewer
October 9th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Yea, App doesnt, all the hotel rooms in Boone are already booked by fans. ha just kidding:nod: ........ although, they probably really are, theres not too many hotels around.

Mountaineer#96
October 9th, 2006, 08:47 PM
yeah thats true about the hotels or lack of them, but there are three new hotels that just opened up or are about to.........the new La Quinta looks nice. I might get a room there so me and the girl can spend some quality time....:hurray: :nod:

McNeese75
October 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
McNeese does not!

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Pretty sure the Kats do not.

Why waste the athletic budget on something like that?

sfjackster
October 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
pretty sure SDSU does not

GreenDay17
October 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Portland State does not, and unless things have changed at Eastern Washington they do not either.

CoastalFan2005
October 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Coastal does this.

SuperJon
October 9th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Yo, KiddBrewer, you don't have hotels cause the school keeps buying em. Get your cousin to build some...

ASU Kep
October 9th, 2006, 10:36 PM
App doesn't, but i'd say 90% of the football team all lives in the same dorm (justice), so it'd probably be easy to make sure everybody is in bed and not out partying.

JMU2004
October 9th, 2006, 10:51 PM
JMU does......not sure what hotel though

Nearly impossible to find a hotel during the season anyway

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I've never heard of UNI doing this.

Mountaineer#96
October 10th, 2006, 04:26 AM
App doesn't, but i'd say 90% of the football team all lives in the same dorm (justice), so it'd probably be easy to make sure everybody is in bed and not out partying.

90 percent? Hey buddy you better look into that. More like a 1/3 live there. Those guys are all freshman for the most part. I lived there only one year, then it was straight off campus, and thats where the meat of the team lives.

ASU Kep
October 10th, 2006, 04:34 AM
90 percent? Hey buddy you better look into that. More like a 1/3 live there. Those guys are all freshman for the most part. I lived there only one year, then it was straight off campus, and thats where the meat of the team lives.

yah, 90% was an obvious exaggeration. I know a lot of non-freshmen on the team that live there, though. i'd say more then a third...but I really don't care enough to argue about it. :nod::D

personally, i think the hotel thing is stupid. I don't know whether it's to limit players staying up late/partying or if it's to make away games feel more like home, but either way I'm glad App has better things to spend our money on.

henfan
October 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Doesn't happen at UD.

Old Cage
October 11th, 2006, 11:30 AM
UMass stays at the Campus Center Hotel, which is large but not in the luxury category.

Proud Griz Man
October 11th, 2006, 12:49 PM
MT State did it this past weekend for what is the first time that I can recall in preparation for the PSU game. 'Cats won 2 games on the road against CO and NAU, but lost 3 ugly games at home so the coach put the team in a motel in Livingston (some 25 miles east of Bozeman Fri. night). Looks like it worked as the 'Cats beat #15 PSU 14-0.

That is ironic. Montana coach Hauck has had his Griz team stay in Livingston before games at Bozeman. MSU fans could not understand why UM would not spend their $$$ at Bozeman-area establishments.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Tealblood
October 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM
It is pretty easy for Coasatal to do this since we have plenty of rooms available. In fact I would say that we have more rooms available than any school in I-AA, shoot we prolly have more rooms avail than any BCS level school in the country.

jmuroller
October 11th, 2006, 03:04 PM
JMU does......not sure what hotel though

Nearly impossible to find a hotel during the season anyway

JMU doesn't..or at least they didn't when I was in school. Just 2 years ago.

SoCon48
October 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Bates Motel.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM
It is pretty easy for Coasatal to do this since we have plenty of rooms available. In fact I would say that we have more rooms available than any school in I-AA, shoot we prolly have more rooms avail than any BCS level school in the country.

UNLV

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 11th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Southern University has been doing this as long as I can remember. Last season was an exception due the hotel situation in BR due to Katrina.

Tealblood
October 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
good answer UNLV would have more rooms definitely

Tealblood
October 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I forgot about them-UNLV

elkmcc
October 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM
According to an article I read in the Missoulian today the Grizzlies don't do it and never have done it. A near 90% win record at home suggests no change will be made in the foreseeable future.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I forgot about them-UNLV

UNLV is I-A, his comment was that no I-AA team had more rooms available. xcoffeex

ngineer
October 11th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Lehigh takes the travel squad plus a few others to an off-campus hotel. When I was there, we bunked down on cots in the Varsity House.
Kept the players from "The Hill" and all the 'distractions on Friday night, but also helped the 'team bonding' psychology as well as going over film and strategy. Lehigh does not have 'athlete dorms' and everyone is pretty spread out among the fraternities, dorms and off-campus apartments.

Ironchant
October 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Coastal does NOT do this...haven't since 03 when we played Newberry

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 10:40 PM
good answer UNLV would have more rooms definitely

I wouldn't be too sure about that Teal. Vegas has alot of rooms in a very compact area (the strip). But dude, you are talking about all of the hotels from Cherry Grove to Pawley's Island and inland to Conway available to you. That's way more than Vegas.

barechestcat
October 11th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't be too sure about that Teal. Vegas has alot of rooms in a very compact area (the strip). But dude, you are talking about all of the hotels from Cherry Grove to Pawley's Island and inland to Conway available to you. That's way more than Vegas.

I have no idea as to the number of motels in the area described above. But, Las Vegas has over 100,000 motel rooms.

Death Dealer
October 11th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I have no idea as to the number of motels in the area described above. But, Las Vegas has over 100,000 motel rooms.

I don't know exact totals, but I think the greater Myrtle Beach area has that beaten. I could be wrong though. Who knows? Suffice it to say, they have an assload of rooms available to them!xlolx xlolx xlolx