PDA

View Full Version : Rhody HC Candidates (the list)-a call out to friends of FCS FB

Brad82
November 18th, 2013, 02:06 PM
KC Keeler (told by reliable source he is interested) ex Delaware HC 1 Natl. championship.
Pete Rossamando (New Haven)
Reggie Barlow (Alabama State)
Pat Narduzzi (Mich. St.)
Bob Chesney (Assumption)
Todd Vasey (Dean JC)
Tom Masella (Wagner asst.)
Brian Jenkins (Bethune Cookman HC)
Mark Nofri (Sacred Heart HC)
Don Brown (BC asst)
Mark Whipple

Any others?-URI FB is at a critical juncture. It is healthy for FCS FB that it be fixed.
Contribute serious names.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Rocky Hager Bryant DL Coach....just up the road (what isn't in RI?) and a great coach.

2 DII national championships 111-72

Brad82
November 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hager is good name.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hager is good name.

After NDSU he went to Temple just as his kids were getting into high school and stuff so he has wanted to stay in the northeast. Anyone looking for a solid HC should consider him.

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Rocky Hager is also 62 years old and went 20-47 with not one winning season at Northeastern from 2004-2009...just sayin'.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Rocky Hager is also 62 years old and went 20-47 with not one winning season at Northeastern from 2004-2009...just sayin'.

Northeastern gave not one **** about football. Give him a team with some support and he is great. I think he took the Northeastern job because he wanted to stay in that part of the country.

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Apparently you didn't get the memo that URI also doesn't give one s*** about football either.

danefan
November 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I would suspect you'll end up with most if not all of the 69 out of the 70 applicants that Albany had that won't get the job.

We're hoping for an announcement at Albany soon after this weekend.

BTW - if we don't end up with Pete Rossomondo, he should be your top choice. Unbelievable coach with New England recruiting roots and a network. Plus a real stand up guy. Can't go wrong with him.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Apparently you didn't get the memo that URI also doesn't give one s*** about football either.

Is it a basketball school? That's about all I can think of. Northeastern is of course a hockey school. Damn New England, can't get your priorities straight.

Bill
November 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Whipple? Really?

Just curious...

What about Issac Collins (former Lehigh Asst., Widener DIII head coach, current Seton Hill head coach)?

Brad82
November 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Sader-here is a funny story,had a friend who's son is being recruited by HC.
Went on a visit there and said it reminded him of Rhody.

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Is it a basketball school? That's about all I can think of. Northeastern is of course a hockey school. Damn New England, can't get your priorities straight.

Always has been and probably always will be forever more.

Tough job..... lot of speculation over the last few years on whether to downgrade to the NEC, drop the program altogether etc.

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Sader-here is a funny story,had a friend who's son is being recruited by HC.
Went on a visit there and said it reminded him of Rhody.

Both basketball schools obviously xlolx.......although, from growing up and living now by the Atlantic....I would have traded living by Narragansett Bay for downtown Worcester.

Brad82
November 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Who are Albanys candidates?
i heard Keeler?

State Line Liquors
November 18th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I suppose any 1AA job that opens up is now inevitably going to have Keeler's name mentioned. This could get interesting....

Mr. C
November 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Whipple? Really?

Just curious...

What about Issac Collins (former Lehigh Asst., Widener DIII head coach, current Seton Hill head coach)?
I know Isaac Collins from the media luncheons in Philly. He is a good guy and a very capable coach. He also spent some time at The Citadel.

Tribal
November 18th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mickey Matthews should be available in about 5 days.

Brad82
November 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Isaac Collins does not have a very good record @ Seton Hall?

Mr. C
November 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Isaac Collins does not have a very good record @ Seton Hall?
It is his first season there after a one-loss season (to Mount Union in the playoffs) last year at Widener. And the school is Seton Hill (in Pennsylvania), not Seton Hall (that basketball school in New Jersey).

citdog
November 19th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I know Isaac Collins from the media luncheons in Philly. He is a good guy and a very capable coach. He also spent some time at The Citadel.

Issac can coach

Mr. C
November 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Issac can coach
And as I mentioned earlier, Collins would be a class-act for any program to hire (unlike a certain former FCS head coach who cropped up in the news AGAIN last week for off-field problems — Virginia State anyone?). Isaac Collins knows his stuff in particular on defense (just like Traynor did).

Tribe4SF
November 21st, 2013, 02:45 AM
And as I mentioned earlier, Collins would be a class-act for any program to hire (unlike a certain former FCS head coach who cropped up in the news AGAIN last week for off-field problems — Virginia State anyone?). Isaac Collins knows his stuff in particular on defense (just like Traynor did).

Unnecessary, and unfair. Let's just condemn every coach who has had a player engage in profoundly stupid behavior. That will leave a very small field. What Scott has accomplished at Virginia State is to be commended. Again you earn your stripes as a member of our modern day "media".