PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island Coach Trainer let go......

kdinva
November 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/releases/20131118ugvggr

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Nature of the biz but it seems like he got somewhat of a raw deal in that URI kept hinting it was going to go NEC, possibly drop football etc and then jumped back in the fray with the CAA. Tough to coach/recruit under those circumstances.

HailSzczur
November 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I'd love to have him back. He was a hell of a DC here.

Bill
November 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I'm sure Joe will bounce back quick...he is a good coach, even if only as a coordinator!

Mr. C
November 18th, 2013, 03:25 PM
No one could have succeeded with the train wreck Joe was asked to rebuild. He is a good guy and a very good coach. People will be lining up to hire him as a defensive coordinator. I wonder if he could end up back at Villanova?

Good luck finding a replacement.

citdog
November 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM
No one could have succeeded with the train wreck Joe was asked to rebuild. He is a good guy and a very good coach. People will be lining up to hire him as a defensive coordinator. I wonder if he could end up back at Villanova?

Good luck finding a replacement.

Agreed. Teams will be lining up to hire him as a DC. I think he will be a good head coach in the future when he is provided with more to work with and support from the administration. Which he didn't have at Rhody.

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Delaware needs a DC

Tribal
November 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Delaware needs a DC

I disagree. You guys are all set just the way you are. :)

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Could come over to HC as DC and not have to move etc..

Not sure we could/would pay him what he would like though unfortunately....

centraljerseycat
November 18th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Couldn't agree more Szczur. Not a fan of Crocker's defense this year.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Shows the siuation at URI. He is a very good coach but URI gave him nothing to coach. Doubt he will be jobless long. Dont see how URI can replace him with better.

Libertine
November 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Nature of the biz but it seems like he got somewhat of a raw deal in that URI kept hinting it was going to go NEC, possibly drop football etc and then jumped back in the fray with the CAA. Tough to coach/recruit under those circumstances.

Bad deal for the coach. URI had actually cut scholarships in preparation for moving to the NEC before reversing course to the CAA. I don't know how they realistically expected to compete with that going on.

Brad82
November 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
This was Joes 2nd HC job.