PDA

View Full Version : Southland Review: Playoff bound or not??

BEAR
November 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Here's the standings so far for the Southland:

Team
SLC
Pct.
Pct.
Home
Away
Neutral
Streak

Southeastern Louisiana
6 - 0

9 - 2
5-0
4-2
0-0
W8

McNeese State
5 - 1

9 - 2
5-1
4-1
0-0
W2

Sam Houston State
4 - 2

8 - 3
7-0
0-3
1-0
L1

Central Arkansas
3 - 3

6 - 5
3-2
3-3
0-0
W1

Lamar
2 - 4

5 - 6
4-1
1-5
0-0
W1

Northwestern State
2 - 4

5 - 6
4-1
1-5
0-0
L1

Nicholls State
1 - 5

4 - 7
3-2
1-5
0-0
L5

Stephen F. Austin
1 - 5

3 - 8
3-2
0-5
0-1
L4

Who will make the playoffs?

Southeastern Louisiana: Last game vs. Nicholls State. Has the AQ already because even if they lose they haven't been to the playoffs for the longest so according to SLC rules, they get the AQ if they tie overall conference record with McNeese. Thursdays game is for outright conference championship. Worst case scenario for the Lions is a shared title. Nice place to be in. But I don't see them having any problem with Nicholls.

McNeese: McNeese will either be conference runner up or co-champion after SLU's game Thursday. McNeese plays Lamar on Saturday. I'd say the Cowboys should win this one but I'm not sure which team will show up. The USF destroyer or the W. Alabama sneak-by team. If they do win it, they will be 10-2 on the year with 9 division I wins on the year.

Sam Houston: 6 Division I wins. Sam has to beat UCA in Conway to get that 7th division I guideline but not necessary win. Ranked #4 in the nation last week with a win over #2 Eastern Washington. Is QB Bell out? Is Flanders full speed? Is this a bubble team ranked so high? If no, then a loss at UCA ends their year. But how far will they go in the playoffs without Bell?

Teams that are out and can play spoilers:

UCA: Brutal year. Too many injuries. BUT here's what's amazing to some fans. UCA lost to UT-Martin by 1 point on a blocked field goal. Lost to NWST by 3 points. Take those two very close games like last year and they sit at 8-3 going into Saturdays game vs. Sam Houston. But that's moot. UCA can play the possible spoiler against Sam Houston Saturday. Will they find enough defense in the second half or will this be over before the first quarter ends? We'll see.

Lamar: Lamar can play the spoiler to McNeese. If Sam beats UCA and Lamar beats McNeese then both Sam and McNeese will have identical records. WHO do you take. The team with more division I wins in McNeese? Or the highly ranked team that has made the finals two years in a row? Or both?

How I see it playing out:
SLU wins out.
McNeese wins.
Sam wins.
---------------
3 teams make the playoffs.
SLU makes it to the semis.
McNeese makes it to the quarterfinals.
Sam is out in the first round.
then.......
Bennett goes pro.
Cowboys cook gumbo.
Kats find another Flanders.
Bears heal up.
and the bottom 4 this year won't be the bottom 4 next year.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM

Team
SLC
Pct.
Pct.
Home
Away
Neutral
Streak

Southeastern Louisiana
6 - 0

9 - 2
5-0
4-2
0-0
W8

McNeese State
5 - 1

9 - 2
5-1
4-1
0-0
W2

Sam Houston State
4 - 2

8 - 3
7-0
0-3
1-0
L1

Central Arkansas
3 - 3

6 - 5
3-2
3-3
0-0
W1

Lamar
2 - 4

5 - 6
4-1
1-5
0-0
W1

Northwestern State
2 - 4

5 - 6
4-1
1-5
0-0
L1

Nicholls State
1 - 5

4 - 7
3-2
1-5
0-0
L5

Stephen F. Austin
1 - 5

3 - 8
3-2
0-5
0-1
L4

Who will make the playoffs?

Southeastern Louisiana: Last game vs. Nicholls State. Has the AQ already because even if they lose they haven't been to the playoffs for the longest so according to SLC rules, they get the AQ if they tie overall conference record with McNeese. Thursdays game is for outright conference championship. Worst case scenario for the Lions is a shared title. Nice place to be in. But I don't see them having any problem with Nicholls.

McNeese: McNeese will either be conference runner up or co-champion after SLU's game Thursday. McNeese plays Lamar on Saturday. I'd say the Cowboys should win this one but I'm not sure which team will show up. The USF destroyer or the W. Alabama sneak-by team. If they do win it, they will be 10-2 on the year with 9 division I wins on the year.

Sam Houston: 6 Division I wins. Sam has to beat UCA in Conway to get that 7th division I guideline but not necessary win. Ranked #4 in the nation last week with a win over #2 Eastern Washington. Is QB Bell out? Is Flanders full speed? Is this a bubble team ranked so high? If no, then a loss at UCA ends their year. But how far will they go in the playoffs without Bell?

Teams that are out and can play spoilers:

UCA: Brutal year. Too many injuries. BUT here's what's amazing to some fans. UCA lost to UT-Martin by 1 point on a blocked field goal. Lost to NWST by 3 points. Take those two very close games like last year and they sit at 8-3 going into Saturdays game vs. Sam Houston. But that's moot. UCA can play the possible spoiler against Sam Houston Saturday. Will they find enough defense in the second half or will this be over before the first quarter ends? We'll see.

Lamar: Lamar can play the spoiler to McNeese. If Sam beats UCA and Lamar beats McNeese then both Sam and McNeese will have identical records. WHO do you take. The team with more division I wins in McNeese? Or the highly ranked team that has made the finals two years in a row? Or both?

How I see it playing out:
SLU wins out.
McNeese wins.
Sam wins.
---------------
then.......
Bennett goes pro.
Cowboys cook gumbo.
Bears heal up.

For the record, we would win a potential tiebreaker with McNeese due to head-to-head ... the scenario in which we would go based on not having been in the playoffs is for three-way ties, in which all regular tiebreakers are equal.

If Lamar is healthy up front defensively, they could give McNeese some problems, but don't see it happening.

Without Brian Bell, Sam Houston is in real trouble at UCA ... their backups are talented, but not ready for the SLC fire ... Flanders isn't 100% either.

McNeeserocket
November 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=lionsrking2;2052460]For the record, we would win a potential tiebreaker with McNeese due to head-to-head ... the scenario in which we would go based on not having been in the playoffs is for three-way ties, in which all regular tiebreakers are equal. QUOTE]

Actually if Lions lose and McNeese wins, both are Southland Conference Champions, but Lions are auto qualifier for the Playoffs and McNeese would be an at large bid. I believe this happened last year with UCA and Sam. UCA won the auto qualifier and Sam went as an at large team. Sam was ranked higher with a #2 seed, but UCA was the Southland's auto qualifier by fact that UCA beat Sam in the head to head.

I don't believe Lions lose this weekend, so the point is mute. But you gotta play the game and stranger things have happened.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=lionsrking2;2052460]For the record, we would win a potential tiebreaker with McNeese due to head-to-head ... the scenario in which we would go based on not having been in the playoffs is for three-way ties, in which all regular tiebreakers are equal. QUOTE]

Actually if Lions lose and McNeese wins, both are Southland Conference Champions, but Lions are auto qualifier for the Playoffs and McNeese would be an at large bid. I believe this happened last year with UCA and Sam. UCA won the auto qualifier and Sam went as an at large team. Sam was ranked higher with a #2 seed, but UCA was the Southland's auto qualifier by fact that UCA beat Sam in the head to head.

I don't believe Lions lose this weekend, so the point is mute. But you gotta play the game and stranger things have happened.

Yeah, pretty much what I said. We get the auto due to head-to-head win. We never take the Colonels for granted.

Sammy94
November 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
then.......

Sam will win the first round if they beat UCA this weekend. They don't lose in Bowers. The only team I would be worried about facing in the first round is Youngstown St. I mean if Lehigh comes to Bowers I don't think it will really matter who the QB is.
I think Sam at least makes it to the second round. Flanders will be 100% and will carry this team that far. Now just to get past the Bears this weekend.

Nickels
November 18th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Without Brian Bell, Sam Houston is in real trouble at UCA ... their backups are talented, but not ready for the SLC fire ... Flanders isn't 100% either.
Which back up are you referring too? We had two go in at SELA. Don King threw the pic and fumbled. Jared Johnson went in and marched the team down the field. He hit a receiver in the corner of the endzone that would have made it a one score but it was dropped.

I suspect we'll see Johnson from here on out which I'm happy with. The kid looked good Saturday but our receivers have to come down with the easy passes.

TexasTerror
November 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
If SHSU gets into the playoffs - keep an eye on the first round match-up.

Even without a healthy Bell, I think the field is weakened by the expansion (see Pioneer getting a bid and the potential for two Big South teams) and SHSU stands a pretty good chance in winning their opening round game, especially if they can avoid a visit from a Big Sky foe.

And regarding SHSU finding another Flanders, there's many in the league that would argue that Keshawn Hill is the 2nd or 3rd best running back in the league already. Hill is Flanders' back-up.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Which back up are you referring too? We had two go in at SELA. Don King threw the pic and fumbled. Jared Johnson went in and marched the team down the field. He hit a receiver in the corner of the endzone that would have made it a one score but it was dropped.

I suspect we'll see Johnson from here on out which I'm happy with. The kid looked good Saturday but our receivers have to come down with the easy passes.

Johnson was the more comfortable of the two, and made a couple of solid throws against a three man rush and soft zone, but when we heated him up, not so much. UCA has an excellent front four and a couple of good LBs ... have a feeling you're gonna have trouble with UCA's pass rush. Either QB will have their hands full IMO, unless you simply line up and run it down their throat - but I don't see that happening.

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
And regarding SHSU finding another Flanders, there's many in the league that would argue that Keshawn Hill is the 2nd or 3rd best running back in the league already. Hill is Flanders' back-up.

Besides the voices in your head, which "many" are you referring to??

Wiltz, Johson of SFA and Flanders are all over 1,000 yards and 6.0 yards per carry...

Hill has a whopping 365 yards on 66 carries...

Kelvin Bennet has nearly 200 more yards, and a 7.1 yard average, on just 10 more carries...

Take off the Binturong colored glasses before you post your next distorted misconception, please....

Catatonic
November 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM

Team
SLC
Pct.
Pct.
Home
Away
Neutral
Streak

Southeastern Louisiana
6 - 0

9 - 2
5-0
4-2
0-0
W8

McNeese State
5 - 1

9 - 2
5-1
4-1
0-0
W2

Sam Houston State
4 - 2

8 - 3
7-0
0-3
1-0
L1

Central Arkansas
3 - 3

6 - 5
3-2
3-3
0-0
W1

Lamar
2 - 4

5 - 6
4-1
1-5
0-0
W1

Northwestern State
2 - 4

5 - 6
4-1
1-5
0-0
L1

Nicholls State
1 - 5

4 - 7
3-2
1-5
0-0
L5

Stephen F. Austin
1 - 5

3 - 8
3-2
0-5
0-1
L4

---------------
then.......
Bennett goes pro.
Cowboys cook gumbo.
Bears heal up.

The order may change but it is hard to imagine that the top 4 this year will not be the top four next year. It is much more likely that the bottom 4 will change as three new teams come on board.

How will ACU, HBU and UIW fit in the pecking order behind the top 4? Wild guess...At least two of the current bottom 4 will be in the bottom 4 next year, with newcomer HBU in last place. The Huskies are still too young and inexperienced to make waves in 2014.

FormerPokeCenter
November 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
The order may change but it is hard to imagine that the top 4 this year will not be the top four next year.

The real jockeying will take place below this level when three new teams join the conference. How will ACU, HBU and UIW fit in the pecking order behind the top 4? It does seem more likely that the bottom 4 will change next year than that there will be a change among the top 4.

Isn't that what he's saying? I assumed that he meant that the bottom four next year would include the three new kids on the block...but perhaps I'm wrong...

BEAR
November 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM
The bottom 4 is the bottom 4.. no matter how many schools we will add. 3 more just makes the bottom 4 ... well, the bottom 4 still. xlolx

Stick
November 18th, 2013, 03:33 PM
SE La is in even if they lose against Nichols St., which won't happen anyway.

McNeese is in even if they lose @Lamar, but barely.

SHSU is squarely on the bubble if they lose at UCA. It would be a very interesting situation with the injuries, etc. Could go either way and would depend on what other teams do. I'm guessing that if they are healthy enough they get a bid.

Sam_Kats
November 18th, 2013, 03:38 PM
If we lose to UCA, we don't deserve to be in anyway. Regardless, I hope the Southland makes some noise...looking like a tough field this year. And whoever mentioned Bennett going pro, PLEASE...he's a good QB but he wasn't as advertised. SELA is a very talented squad...I especially like the safety, #23....dude will POP you.

Good luck to all.

Catatonic
November 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Isn't that what he's saying? I assumed that he meant that the bottom four next year would include the three new kids on the block...but perhaps I'm wrong...

You are probably right. I don't agree that the bottom 4 next year will consist of the three new kids and one of this year's bottom four though. I am guessing two of the current bottom 4 will still be in the bottom 4, along with two of the newcomers.

MSU_77
November 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
With the diluted 24 team playoff field this year, I think SHSU will make it even if they lose to UCA - although I don't expect they will lose.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
With the diluted 24 team playoff field this year, I think SHSU will make it even if they lose to UCA - although I don't expect they will lose.

Don't be so sure ... UCA matches up well with them, especially without Bell. Sam struggles in the secondary, and UCA could have a field day throwing the football ... UCA's front seven matches up with Sam's O-line. Clint will have those kids ready.

TexasTerror
November 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM
SE La is in even if they lose against Nichols St., which won't happen anyway.

SLU is an overwhelming favorite, but the River Bell game has had its interesting moments in the past when the unexpected has happened.

You are probably right. I don't agree that the bottom 4 next year will consist of the three new kids and one of this year's bottom four though. I am guessing two of the current bottom 4 will still be in the bottom 4, along with two of the newcomers.

I think HBU and UIW would likely be in the bottom four with Lamar + Nicholls. Lamar's decision to hire Ray Woodard continues to set the program back and Nicholls likely plays three FB$ games to start the season once more, putting them in a bad position from the beginning.

sharkeycox
November 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
If we lose to UCA, we don't deserve to be in anyway. Regardless, I hope the Southland makes some noise...looking like a tough field this year. And whoever mentioned Bennett going pro, PLEASE...he's a good QB but he wasn't as advertised. SELA is a very talented squad...I especially like the safety, #23....dude will POP you.

Good luck to all.

After watching SELA curb stomp my Cowboys, and watching them handle Sam, I think SELA has a good chance to make it to Frisco...

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
SLU is an overwhelming favorite, but the River Bell game has had its interesting moments in the past when the unexpected has happened.

I think HBU and UIW would likely be in the bottom four with Lamar + Nicholls. Lamar's decision to hire Ray Woodard continues to set the program back and Nicholls likely plays three FB$ games to start the season once more, putting them in a bad position from the beginning.

We never take the Nicholls State Colonels lightly ... they're our biggest rival, and as far as we're concerned, the toughest opponent we play each year. If we're not ready to play, we'll be in for a tough night - just the way it is.

Texas
November 18th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Besides the voices in your head, which "many" are you referring to??

Wiltz, Johson of SFA and Flanders are all over 1,000 yards and 6.0 yards per carry...

Hill has a whopping 365 yards on 66 carries...

Kelvin Bennet has nearly 200 more yards, and a 7.1 yard average, on just 10 more carries...

Take off the Binturong colored glasses before you post your next distorted misconception, please....
Jesus you are a retard. Guess I'm expecting too much from someone in Louisiana.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM
If SHSU gets into the playoffs - keep an eye on the first round match-up.

I don't know of anyone who would make that argument outside of Bearkat fans and his family ... he's an average back at best. I would take all four of ours, Wiltz from McNeese, and his backup; the freshman at Lamar; Gus Johnson from SFA and his backup ... I could go on.

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I don't know of anyone who would make that argument outside of Bearkat fans and his family ... he's an average back at best. I would take all four of ours, Wiltz from McNeese, and his backup; the freshman at Lamar; Gus Johnson from SFA and his backup ... I could go on.

I agree that many outside of Sam fans think he is a too 5 back but if i was a betting man id sure be tempted to lay down a good chunk that says he will be 1st or 2nd team all conference next year if he stays healthy. When he gets more than a few snaps and gets a rythm he's hard to stop. We have seen him alot more than y'all so I absolutely understand that being hard for y'all to see. Now as far as playoffs unless Bell is back or Jared Johnson gets some good quality reps this week then we are done after the first round!

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Jesus you are a retard. Guess I'm expecting too much from someone in Louisiana.

Jason said that "many" think your boy is the second or third best back in the conference. For argument's sake, I'll conceded that Flanders is the best back in the conference, though he's statistically behind Wiltz, who plays in a more balanced offense which passes more, and despite the fact that Wiltz splits time with Bennet and two other backs, Javaris Murray and Dylan Long....but....I'll wear the Orange colored glasses briefly...

Flanders would be number one...
Wilz, clearly is number two...

That leaves the kid from SFA as number three....

Then there's Bennet from McNeese who statistically spanks your boy...at best, your kid MIGHT be fourth and that's not even EXAMINING anybody else in the conference...

So Plotnik gets a fail for his previous post...

You're free to agree with him. You're pretty much wrong on every other post you make, why should this one be any different???

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Jason said that "many" think your boy is the second or third best back in the conference. For argument's sake, I'll conceded that Flanders is the best back in the conference, though he's statistically behind Wiltz, who plays in a more balanced offense which passes more, and despite the fact that Wiltz splits time with Bennet and two other backs, Javaris Murray and Dylan Long....but....I'll wear the Orange colored glasses briefly...

Flanders would be number one...
Wilz, clearly is number two...

That leaves the kid from SFA as number three....

Then there's Bennet from McNeese who statistically spanks your boy...at best, your kid MIGHT be fourth and that's not even EXAMINING anybody else in the conference...

So Plotnik gets a fail for his previous post...

You're free to agree with him. You're pretty much wrong on every other post you make, why should this one be any different???

You're right I should've highlighted the retarded part for you, because I was not contesting stats.

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM
You're right I should've highlighted the retarded part for you, because I was not contesting stats.

So what you're really saying is that despite the fact that an objective measure is within easy grasp, you're going to reject that and still go with your unfounded belief that the kid is, as Plotnik maintains, the 2nd or 3rd best back in the conference??

If that's so, then you've got the dumbest coaching staff in the conference...why would you NOT use the second best weapon in your arsenal more effectively if you're having to fight tooth and nail to make the playoffs?

That makes no sense whatsoever....and you think I'm retarded?

Project much??

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM
So what you're really saying is that despite the fact that an objective measure is within easy grasp, you're going to reject that and still go with your unfounded belief that the kid is, as Plotnik maintains, the 2nd or 3rd best back in the conference??

If that's so, then you've got the dumbest coaching staff in the conference...why would you NOT use the second best weapon in your arsenal more effectively if you're having to fight tooth and nail to make the playoffs?

That makes no sense whatsoever....and you think I'm retarded?

Project much??

Thank you for reassuring my initial evaluation that you are in fact a complete retard, and have a severe case of bad reading comprehension.
You try way too hard, bud.

http://i.imgur.com/VGNX2.gif

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM
You mistake my breaking it down into simple terms that even YOU can understand for putting forth effort...

It takes absolutely zero effort to point out that you've got your head firmly ensconced in your own ass...

I was mistaken earlier...you're not wearing Binturong colored classes...you're wearing colon colored ones...

And, speaking of effort...there's a whole lotta "not trying too hard" going on when you bother to find an animated GIF to post..

I await your next pathetic response with bated breath..

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
On second thought, let's do something different for a change. How about you skip the predictable and pathetic reply that you'd normally respond with and try explaining...in clear and cogent terms...how you think your boys' paltry production warrants consideration as the second or third best back in the conference?

I mean, without relying on the fact that his orange jersey must, in Picardian fashion, make it so!

BEAR
November 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
So how many years has SHSU and McNeese been in the Southland?

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
You mistake my breaking it down into simple terms that even YOU can understand for putting forth effort...

It takes absolutely zero effort to point out that you've got your head firmly ensconced in your own ass...

I was mistaken earlier...you're not wearing Binturong colored classes...you're wearing colon colored ones...

And, speaking of effort...there's a whole lotta "not trying too hard" going on when you bother to find an animated GIF to post..

I await your next pathetic response with bated breath..

Charming novel old boy, you still don't get it.

Also Google is hard.

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Though brevity is the soul of wit, there's nothing about your succinct displays of stupidity that could be considered witty...

So..no go on making the case that your boy is, in fact, as good as Plotnik advertises?

Ya know, it's kinda validating and affirming when you agree with me...

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
You got me.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM

Sam Houston joined the SLC in 1988...and since then has produced an amazing run of 11 winning seasons! What a wonderful addition to the conference! And, even better, it's in such a scenic locale! Not many other teams can say they're located next to a prison or that their home attendance is affected by the prison's visitation schedules...

But, what I like best of all is the fact that the state of Texas decided to economize and make the Sam Houston uniforms out of the same material they make orange prison jumpsuits out of...

Necessity is often the mother of invention...

Sam_Kats
November 19th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Wow. This is pretty lame.

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Wow. This is pretty lame.

How about you? Do you ascribe the notion that your back-up is the 2nd or 3rd best back in the conference?

Why or why not? ;)

Nickels
November 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM
http://www.fireworld.com/Portals/0/articles/rita1.jpg
WELCOME TO LAKE CHARLES

Sam_Kats
November 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Like someone said earlier, it's easy to see why opponents would shrug off that notion just looking at stats since there are 3 guys who get the bulk of our carries (Flanders, Bell, Sincere). But seeing him live, you can tell the kid is special. VERY special. I'll say it this way...Hill would start for a very large portion of teams we have played this year. In fact, I think he would do BETTER in more of a downhill system like McNeese or Lamar using his big frame. But, to each his own.

We'll see next year when he's the featured back for Sam.

McNeese75
November 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM

Thread Hijacker xpopcornx

Que Lion Fans 1,2,......

McNeese75
November 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
WELCOME TO LAKE CHARLES

And Welcome to Huntsville xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Here's a couple of pics of SHSU and Huntsville State Prison....I honestly forget which is which...

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I present to you Miss Louisana.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/20/py3ebynu.jpg

Let's face it, your state is a complete **** hole.

msupokes1
November 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I present to you Miss Louisana.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/20/py3ebynu.jpg

Let's face it, your state is a complete **** hole.

But no bigger **** hole than Huntsville. Parts of Texas are nice but certainly not the whole state. I lived in Houston for 5 years. Could not wait to get the hell out of there. Really the only part of Texas that I can think of as being nice is the hill country. I wouldn't care if we just gave the rest back to Mexico.

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Listen Dickhead, I'm actually FROM Texas....but, I gotta tell ya..being a native son, I'd still rather live almost anywhere in Louisiana than in Huntsville....You MIGHT be marginally more attractive than Leesville, but I kinda doubt it...

Sam_Kats
November 19th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Hey, it appears that pic is when Bowers was being built...pretty cool. Good find, Poke.

However, the campus is a tad prettier than the prison, although maybe not much
xsmiley_wix
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samhoustonstateu/sets/72157635141415517/

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Listen Dickhead, I'm actually FROM Texas....but, I gotta tell ya..being a native son, I'd still rather live almost anywhere in Louisiana than in Huntsville....You MIGHT be marginally more attractive than Leesville, but I kinda doubt it...

Let's be real here we both know you are full of it. Not saying Huntsville is a fantastic place to be, but we both know LA is a complete dump waiting for the next big disaster to wipe it off.

FormerPokeCenter
November 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Let's be real here we both know you are full of it. Not saying Huntsville is a fantastic place to be, but we both know LA is a complete dump waiting for the next big disaster to wipe it off.

Even so, more people would choose to live there than in Huntsville. Huntsville's ONLY redeeming quality, besides being a repository for the dregs of Texas residents (in more ways than one) is that it's an EXCELLENT place to stop and take a dump if you're on your way from, say, Shreveport to Houston and points south...

Nacogdoches and Lufkin are too close, really, but there's something about pulling into Huntsville after going through Glendale, Trinity and Riverside that makes you just want to empty your bowels...and, fortunately, God had the foresight to let Huntsville be built in JUST the right location for that...

Anyway you slice it, disposing of human refuse is the only logical reason for Huntsville to actually exist...

McNeese75
November 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM

Ummmm hummmm. Spent much time in Laredo or the Valley? Obviously you have NOT spent any time in Louisiana or you would know differently. (I also am from Texas by the way)

Texas
November 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
How many years or months does FCS LA football all go the way of the Grambling.

State as whole is raging dumpster fire with no end in sight.

BEAR
November 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/10/train.jpg

sharkeycox
November 19th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Even so, more people would choose to live there than in Huntsville. Huntsville's ONLY redeeming quality, besides being a repository for the dregs of Texas residents (in more ways than one) is that it's an EXCELLENT place to stop and take a dump if you're on your way from, say, Shreveport to Houston and points south...

Nacogdoches and Lufkin are too close, really, but there's something about pulling into Huntsville after going through Glendale, Trinity and Riverside that makes you just want to empty your bowels...and, fortunately, God had the foresight to let Huntsville be built in JUST the right location for that...

Anyway you slice it, disposing of human refuse is the only logical reason for Huntsville to actually exist...

Ya know Jay, methinks you have swerved into something here. I spend a great deal of time traveling the piney woods of east Texas. As a man with a rich Texas heritage myself, I have found many places of beauty and tranquility in the great Lone star state. I am a Whataburger and Lone Star beer lover.

As you so well noted there seems to be a boil on the buttocks of Texas and it is squarely in Hunstville. I have rarely been in a locale that is so devoid of any redeeming value. The only reason to stop in Huntsville is to grab a burger at Whataburger.

sharkeycox
November 19th, 2013, 09:47 PM

Prolly have a little more time than Texas Arlington.

FormerPokeCenter
November 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM

Grambling's problems are administrative...

Yet, despite that and chronic underfunding, they've got a much higher lifetime winning percentage than the Binturongs..... .684 to .513...

If we're gonna call a program a dumpster fire, let's look at your winning percentage versus the money spent on your program, versus the winning percentage and money spent on Grambling...

Or..we could look at the players produced by either school who've made an impact in the NFL...

Oh...wait...we really can't do that, can we? My bad...

I like this whole dumpster fire analogy...I'm sure it helps the Prison save on heating bills in the winter...you guys being so close and all...

Personally, if my school had a .513 winning percentage, I'd shut the **** up until we actually did something worth talking about...

Texas
November 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
So angry. It's cute.

Smack aside who's in the NFL from McNeese right now? Honestly curious.

deez_na
November 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
7 home games so far and 3 away for Sam Houston? Must be rough.

FormerPokeCenter
November 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm hardly angry...

Frustrated that you're that ****ing stupid? Sure...

Nickels
November 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I'm hardly angry...

Frustrated that you're that ****ing stupid? Sure...

Actually you're showing alot of anger. You're the typical cycling tool with a bad attitude, if you ask me.

Don't you have some kind of critical mass circle jerking to do?

Livestrong xthumbsupx

Texas
November 20th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Actually you're showing alot of anger. You're the typical cycling tool with a bad attitude, if you ask me.

Livestrong xthumbsupx

Being on tapatalk it doesn't show avi and signatures.

It explains everything PERFECTLY.

FormerPokeCenter
November 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM
If things are explained perfectly, then you realize the comparison was between your ****ty program and Grambling and - furhter that your ****ty program has a LONG way to go before it's even close to the same sort of relevancy that Grambling has...

FormerPokeCenter
November 20th, 2013, 05:23 PM

Livestrong xthumbsupx

You mistake disdainful condescension for anger....

That's kinda sad and not surprising all at the same time...but, let's face it...if you were an intellectual, you wouldn't have gone to Sam Houston...

Nickels
November 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Who said I was an intellectual? Only self-important tools would refer to themselves as intellectuals. Although it doesn't surprise me that some fruit cake who wears jerseys with sponsorships he doesn't have would think so highly of himself.

Oh yeah, McNeese is such a prestigious school. They limit their admissions to any coonass with a GED. A 2.35 high school GPA requirement? REAL impressive. McNeese just screams academic achievement and intellectualism. Best and brightest for sure. xthumbsupx

Sam_Kats
November 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Ok - I'll ask. What the hell do our home/away games have ANYTHING to do with this small penis measuring contest??

pokefan02
November 20th, 2013, 11:08 PM
WELCOME TO Sulphur

Fixed it for you

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Ok - I'll ask. What the hell do our home/away games have ANYTHING to do with this small penis measuring contest??

I'm late looking in on this thread and too indifferent to read it in its entirety.
But let me get this straight, in the Southland Conf. "Playoff bound or not?" is based on penis size? You all have some odd bye laws down there.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM
Who said I was an intellectual? Only self-important tools would refer to themselves as intellectuals. Although it doesn't surprise me that some fruit cake who wears jerseys with sponsorships he doesn't have would think so highly of himself.

Oh yeah, McNeese is such a prestigious school. They limit their admissions to any coonass with a GED. A 2.35 high school GPA requirement? REAL impressive. McNeese just screams academic achievement and intellectualism. Best and brightest for sure. xthumbsupx

From where you sit, the list of people who look like the best and brightest intellectuals is obviously pretty extensive...

But, back to your message, it's pretty obvious NOBODY's ever accused YOU of being an intellectual, which was the illustrative point of my previous post, my mouthbreathing friend...

In deference to your disabilty,
I'll

go

slowly

so

you

can

keep

up.

You
misunderstood
the
that,
so
the
"intellectual"
reference
was
interjected
sarcastically
to
reinforce
the
concept
that
you're
not
terribly
bright....

But I digress...

On the whole jersey thing,
what in the ****
are you talking about?

I'm assuming that you're
referring to the bike jersey
in the photo...

It has no "sponsorship" on it,
other than the local businesses
who sponsored the bike team I was on...

Hopefully, you've caught up by now and I can go a little faster....

The only bike jerseys I own are two plain neon chartreuse jerseys, a couple of the bike team jerseys, one of which is visible in the profile pic, and four or five that were awarded for fundraising, plus ONE generic LiveSTRONG jersey that I got from a LiveSTRONG rep after a ride.

However, given that you've got your head clearly ensconced in your ass, it's not surprising you've got vision problems manifested by you seeing some sort of sponsorship image in the profile pic...

BEAR
November 21st, 2013, 08:02 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/08/08/us/09bus600_READY.jpg

This thread quickly became this.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
That's what happens when you allow unsupervised visitation in Huntsville...

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Fixed it for you

That is wrong because the Sulphur city limits don't go that far east. Sulphur is not anywhere near the river and/or ship channel. It is closer to Westlake and that picture is taken south of Westlake.

Doc

MSU_77
November 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
That is wrong because the Sulphur city limits don't go that far east. Sulphur is not anywhere near the river and/or ship channel. It is closer to Westlake and that picture is taken south of Westlake.

Doc

That's what I thought. I would say pull out the puppy pictures, Doc, but this is too funny.

By the way, I'm a native Texan also but chose to go to college at McNeese because it was just so much damn fun. "Fun" and "Huntsville" do not belong in the same sentence together.

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 08:25 AM
From where you sit, the list of people who look like the best and brightest intellectuals is obviously pretty extensive...

But, back to your message, it's pretty obvious NOBODY's ever accused YOU of being an intellectual, which was the illustrative point of my previous post, my mouthbreathing friend...

In deference to your disabilty,
I'll

go

slowly

so

you

can

keep

up.

You
misunderstood
the
that,
so
the
"intellectual"
reference
was
interjected
sarcastically
to
reinforce
the
concept
that
you're
not
terribly
bright....

But I digress...

On the whole jersey thing,
what in the ****
are you talking about?

I'm assuming that you're
referring to the bike jersey
in the photo...

It has no "sponsorship" on it,
other than the local businesses
who sponsored the bike team I was on...

Hopefully, you've caught up by now and I can go a little faster....

The only bike jerseys I own are two plain neon chartreuse jerseys, a couple of the bike team jerseys, one of which is visible in the profile pic, and four or five that were awarded for fundraising, plus ONE generic LiveSTRONG jersey that I got from a LiveSTRONG rep after a ride.

However, given that you've got your head clearly ensconced in your ass, it's not surprising you've got vision problems manifested by you seeing some sort of sponsorship image in the profile pic...

You try way too hard.

It's a forum about football for Christ's sake. So keep trying to be some sort of intellectual from McNeese because it's getting desperate and sad now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Actually, guys, that's not even in LOUISIANA....that's a pic of the Citgo Refinery in Texas, taken from the Nueces River!

Stupid ****ing Binturong fan can't even manage a simple Google search or cut and paste correctly...

If you've got Google Earth, put in 27*49'5.32" N, 97*28'19.19" W.

Total and Typical Bearkat fail...

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 08:30 AM
You try way too hard.

It's a forum about football for Christ's sake. So keep trying to be some sort of intellectual from McNeese because it's getting desperate and sad now.

Desperate and sad is correct. You stupid Binturong ****s can't keep up, and can't even manage to use an image from Louisiana when you're trying to smack.

It's not MY fault you're an ignorant prick. If you object to being treated like one, perhaps you might try NOT being one...

Failing that, maybe you should just shut the **** up, eh, cupcake?

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM
That's what I thought. I would say pull out the puppy pictures, Doc, but this is too funny.

I'm not a moderator on this board, so the "puppy picture" warnings would carry no weight. :(

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 08:43 AM
C'mon now! There's no need to interject puppies into this...unless you guys think I'm unfairly bullying the stupid Binturong fans....

If that's the consensus, then I'll quit...

However, I want it duly noted for the record that they've kinda earned their scorn with being so stupid as to try to use a picture of a location in TEXAS as an attempt to poke fun at Louisiana.

Not even AGGIES are that damned dumb...

If you guys tell me that i'm being unfair, I'll try to engage in the intellectual affirmative action necessary to elevate, without merit, what passes for Binturong thought to a level which exceeds its intrinsic worth...

And, I'll try not unfairly exploit their stupidity when "interacting" with them...

Thoughts??

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Actually, guys, that's not even in LOUISIANA....that's a pic of the Citgo Refinery in Texas, taken from the Nueces River!

Stupid ****ing Binturong fan can't even manage a simple Google search or cut and paste correctly...

If you've got Google Earth, put in 27*49'5.32" N, 97*28'19.19" W.

Total and Typical Bearkat fail...

Googling it, you are right. That photo is from Corpus. The unit with the conveyor does look similar to the coke plant on the river/ship channel.

Doc

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Desperate and sad is correct. You stupid Binturong ****s can't keep up, and can't even manage to use an image from Louisiana when you're trying to smack.

It's not MY fault you're an ignorant prick. If you object to being treated like one, perhaps you might try NOT being one...

Failing that, maybe you should just shut the **** up, eh, cupcake?

Let's keep the rage levels to a minimum.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
At first glance, it does look sorta similar to Citgo's operation on the Calcasieu, but the structure at the left of the photo bothered me, as did the water level...

There are no structures that close to the water at Citgo in Louisiana...since the pic purports to be a Citgo photo, there's only one other place it could be...

It was a nice try by the Binturongs, though....

Five minute Google search for refinery image: 84 cents or less (.0005 cents internet time + 83 cents for five minutes of a Binturong's billable time)

A Texan moron posting a picture of a ****hole in Texas as provenance that Louisiana is a ****hole: PRICELESS

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Let's keep the rage levels to a minimum.

I'm too busy laughing at your utter stupidity to be enraged...

Somehow, I'm not surprised you're not smart enough to figure that out...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 09:03 AM
I'm too busy laughing at your utter stupidity to be enraged...

Somehow, I'm not surprised you're not smart enough to figure that out...

Hey man everything will be ok, just take a step back and a deep breath. You will make it through this.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM
Good point about taking a deep breath....At the rate you guys generate laughter unintentionally, a guy could asphyxiate...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
Good point about taking a deep breath....At the rate you guys generate laughter unintentionally, a guy could asphyxiate...

That's it calm down no need to be so angry it's just the internet.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Dude, I'm not angry in the slightest...I'm bemused by your stupidity. There's a difference...

If you're confused, ask a Stephen F. Austin grad to explain it to you...

pokefan02
November 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
My bad, I thought it was Citgo. See an adult will admit it when wrong...unlike some Texas residents and politicians

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

pokefan02
November 21st, 2013, 09:15 AM
My bad, I thought it was Citgo. See an adult will admit it when wrong...unlike some Texas residents and politicians.:cool:

pokefan02
November 21st, 2013, 09:17 AM
Back to the original topic, Geaux Southland Conference!!

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Back to the original topic, Geaux Southland Conference!!

Somebody remind me what the original topic was. :)

Doc

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Dude, I'm not angry in the slightest...I'm bemused by your stupidity. There's a difference...

If you're confused, ask a Stephen F. Austin grad to explain it to you...

First step to anger management is admitting it you have rage issues. We will get you through this little guy.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about me if I were you....I'd concern myself more with finding a remedial Google course at Binturong State...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about me if I were you....I'd concern myself more with finding a remedial Google course at Binturong State...

I should definitely take advice from someone who graduated from South Central Louisiana State.
Go Mud dogs!

http://youtu.be/vcvou0SAxZI

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Ya know, I didn't think it was possible for one guy to be wrong on EVERY post he makes, but you've surprised me.....At least you're consistent...

For what it's worth, my geographically challenged friend, the University of South CENTRAL Louisiana is in Lafayette...

MSU_77
November 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Back to the original subject, most scenarios I've seen indicate that the SLC will have 3 playoff entrants. SLU will almost certainly have a first round bye. Sam should be in if they beat Central Arkansas, and will probably host a first round game if they do. If they lose to UCA, Sam is on the bubble but will still probably be selected. It's against the Geaux Cowboys code of conduct for me to say anything positive about my own team, so I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for a win Saturday, and then we'll go from there.

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 10:18 AM
SELA will be a top 5 seed after they smash Nicholls. Deservedly so. Bye then a couple of home games if they can keep winning.

McNeese will host a 1st round game after they beat Lamar.

If Sam wins, they're in & will also host a 1st rd home game. Lose & they're out of the playoffs entirely...and should be.

I do see the committee placing 2 of the 3 SLC teams in the same bracket so would be pretty cool if Southland schools meet up for a playoff battle. ROAD TRIP!!

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Ya know, I didn't think it was possible for one guy to be wrong on EVERY post he makes, but you've surprised me.....At least you're consistent...

For what it's worth, my geographically challenged friend, the University of South CENTRAL Louisiana is in Lafayette...

Wow.
Just wow.
You do realize I was referencing a movie correct and that it is not an actual university right?

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Wow.
Just wow.
You do realize I was referencing a movie correct and that it is not an actual university right?

Yes, we do. But Cowboy fans also know which university in the state was the pattern for the fictional university and team in the movie.

Doc

BEAR
November 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Almost got this train back on track.... almost... xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Wow.
Just wow.

What I realize is that you, my mouth breathing friend, have an unerring ability to consistently be wrong at pretty much every juncture.

The University of South Central Louisiana is clearly a jab Southwestern Louisiana Institute, Southwest Louisiana College, University of Southwest Louisiana or whatever they're calling themselves these days...

You've already shown your PROFOUND geographical ignorance with a pic you posted, why should your video be any different?

All I'm doing is trying to help you overcome your SIGNIFICANT mental short comings...

And, by the way, you do realize that your video post was a lot of fun for me because I got to laugh at YOU and the folks at USL at the same time..

Score! It was a twofer!

MSU_77
November 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM
SELA will be a top 5 seed after they smash Nicholls. Deservedly so. Bye then a couple of home games if they can keep winning.

McNeese will host a 1st round game after they beat Lamar.

If Sam wins, they're in & will also host a 1st rd home game. Lose & they're out of the playoffs entirely...and should be.

I do see the committee placing 2 of the 3 SLC teams in the same bracket so would be pretty cool if Southland schools meet up for a playoff battle. ROAD TRIP!!

That's ******ing crazy. If by bracket, you mean the quarterfinal bracket, that sucks. It's inevitable that 2 of us will be in same semifinal bracket.

My dream scenario is that SLU, McNeese and Sam occupy 3 of the 4 semifinal slots (NDSU obviously being the 4th). I'd love to see one of us knock off the Bisons in the semis and an all-SLC NC. Fantasy?

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
It's comical that you rationally believe what you just said. Do you seriously think it's a jab at that university alone or the ENTIRE state?
I'll answer it for you, it's the latter.

Secondly I didn't post a pic about anything geologically, moron.

Derp derp twofer!!!

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM
It's comical that you rationally believe what you just said. Do you seriously think it's a jab at that university alone or the ENTIRE state?
I'll answer it for you, it's the latter.

Secondly I didn't post a pic about anything geologically, moron.

Derp derp twofer!!!

Look TweedleDumb, it's not my fault that you and TweedleDumber (Nickels) are indistinguishable...

You guys feed at the same trough of ignorance because you both spew the same nonsensical ****...

But as to what your video clip was a direct refence to, you might wanna go back and re-read the part where you posted the video in reference to where I graduated from...

I think I see the problem here. You've got a really bad short term memory problem...Of course, that's probably a defense mechanism. Thank God for that and your lack of introspection....

Otherwise, you'd need to have the suicide hotline on speed dial...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Look TweedleDumb, it's not my fault that you and TweedleDumber (Nickels) are indistinguishable...

You guys feed at the same trough of ignorance because you both spew the same nonsensical ****...

But as to what your video clip was a direct refence to, you might wanna go back and re-read the part where you posted the video in reference to where I graduated from...

I think I see the problem here. You've got a really bad short term memory problem...Of course, that's probably a defense mechanism. Thank God for that and your lack of introspection....

Otherwise, you'd need to have the suicide hotline on speed dial...

Good lord how do you function day to day activities? How do you not just wake up and not smash your car into a phone pole every morning? Or maybe you do that would explain so much.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Good lord how do you function day to day activities? How do you not just wake up and not smash your car into a phone pole every morning? Or maybe you do that would explain so much.

For starters, I wake up everyday and realize that I wasn't reduced to attending Sam Houston State University...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
For starters, I wake up everyday and realize that I wasn't reduced to attending Sam Houston State University...

That's a shame it would probably save your life. Luckily we have requirements and not just have any Coonass that can form a somewhat coherent sentence and not drool all over themselves be only thing that matters.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 12:03 PM
That's a shame it would probably save your life. Luckily we have requirements and not just have any Coonass that can form a somewhat coherent sentence and not drool all over themselves be only thing that matters.

If only SHSH had offered grammar or logic. You coulda been a contendah...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
Keep grasping, you done raging yet?

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Keep grasping, you done raging yet?

If you think that my disdain for your particular brand of idiocy is rage, you've clearly led a sheltered life...

I'll make a deal with you. I'll stop "raging" if you'll stop being an ignorant douchebag.

Deal?

BEAR
November 21st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Sigh....

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Sigh....

C'mon! It's a sweet deal, he should take it! ;)

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
C'mon! It's a sweet deal, he should take it! ;)

I don't think you can stop.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 01:18 PM
I don't think you can stop.

So says the guy who HAS to have the last word...

Do we have a deal, or are you going to continue being an ignorant douchebag...like normal?

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
You shouldn't call people ignorant when you aren't the sharpest. It's just not nice.

fmrbearkat
November 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
If you think that my disdain for your particular brand of idiocy is rage, you've clearly led a sheltered life...

I'll make a deal with you. I'll stop "raging" if you'll stop being an ignorant douchebag.

Deal?

The fact your arguing that somehow a Mcneese education is somehow superior to SHSU's education is not a very good stance to take. It is well known that the requirements to get into school over in the swamp state are significantly below the Texas requirement. The overall ranking of most schools in Louisiana is well below the majority of schools in Texas as a whole. Hell McNeese didn't even make the list of Forbes top colleges!
http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#page:1_sort:0_direction:asc_search:S_filter:All%2 0states

If you think huntsville is a ****hole then head to beumont! Well never mind Beumont looks and smells like Lake Charles so you will probably love it! Would you please tell the half a million people still in Houston how horrible Texas is because they won't leave for some reason!!! Im not from Huntsville but do live on Lake Conroe just south of there and if you think prison or prison life has any real part in a typical day around town you are sadly mistaken. Besides the two units on the interstate you almost have to intentionally go look for a jail to find them. They are mostly on acreage about 10-15 miles out of town. The Walls unit which is inside the city limits is down roads that are hardly ever driven down. Again you have to intentionally want to go there to find it.

Louisiana has alot to offer geography wise. Lake Charles not so much but the Venice area is one of my favorite destinations due to the fishing and as far a beuty the Natchitoches area and other northern parts are beutiful. Still probably not comparable to the Hill Country of Texas (Fredricksberg and Lake Travis Areas) but they are some of the prettiest in the US. Economically your state is worse than your education system. I wouldn't live there just because of the econmics.

Football wise there is a huge reason why the colleges there are historically way more successful collegeately than most other states. You can get people into shool there that don't have a prayer of getting into college here. Heck I wouldn't argue against us lowering our standards for that very reason but it is what it is. I love visiting Louisiana and to argue one is more beautiful than the other is kind of silly. The terrain of each are completely different and is all personal preference on which state is prettier. But to argue that our education is inferior just makes you look ignorant.

fmrbearkat
November 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
And quit saying "their" when referencing something Texas says that gets you all worked up. Sam fans as a whole are pretty respectful of all the colleges in the Southland including McNeese. The only thing you will hear from us is how bad the gameday experience is for opposing fans in the Louisiana schools. Other than that we all know that we have a long way to go athletically to catch to what McNeese has done throughout the years. No arguments there.

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
Group hug??

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
to argue that our education is inferior just makes you look ignorant.

The only ignorant thing I've done all day is expect cogent commentary from a Binturong fan...

If there WAS any doubt about the superiority of a McNeese education versus a Sam Houston education, it was quickly remedied when your exemplar poster children, TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber began to post...

I guess I'll have to do some more research. I didn't realize that Texas State University @ Huntsville had become so critically acclaimed!

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM
You shouldn't call people ignorant when you aren't the sharpest. It's just not nice.

Now try that into a mirror and perhaps we have a deal!

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Group hug??

I'd be scared on what diseases you might catch.

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM
I'd be scared on what diseases you might catch.

Perhaps you should consult your vet and adhere to your shot schedule more strictly...

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Perhaps you should consult your vet and adhere to your shot schedule more strictly...

I thought you guys were just into kissing sisters and cousins, now dogs??

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 01:40 PM
I thought you guys were just into kissing sisters and cousins, now dogs??

I'll take that as a tacit admission that you're rejecting the deal in favor of soldiering on in your ignorant douchebag role...

I kinda figured that would be the case.

Oh well....I tried ;)

McNeese72
November 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/laciesm.jpg

Well, it's worth a try. ;)

Doc

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2013, 02:53 PM

Doc

Been waiting for this post! Doc ... you da man!xbowx

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 04:37 PM
Man, **** just got serious...

Doc broke out the big guns and went all Puppy on us! ;)

Texas
November 21st, 2013, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing that's y'all's dinner plan?

FormerPokeCenter
November 21st, 2013, 11:14 PM
I'm guessing that's y'all's dinner plan?

Nobody can say you're not "doggedly" pursuing your ignorant douchebaggery, that's for sure...

I suppose a Binturong has to go with his "strengths," such as they are...

GAD
November 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM

Doc
Rhodesian Ridgeback take a couple of these next time you play SLU or UAPB

BEAR
December 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
More bad news.... injuries in the freakin' offseason???!!!

Tweets

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/200767813/act-fb-clintconque085_normal.jpg Clint Conque ‏@clintconque (https://twitter.com/clintconque) 2 Dec (https://twitter.com/clintconque/status/407741452785942528)
And another #BearDown (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BearDown&src=hash)

Who cursed my BEARS????!!

Sammy94
December 4th, 2013, 04:02 PM
freakin' offseason???!!!

Speak for yourself :)

BEAR
December 4th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Speak for yourself :)

I can't think of a team that could have this many injuries and make the postseason after being one of the favs to make it there. Just too many and still happening. Alright voodoo people...quit shaking the voodoo bear dolls. xlolx We're done!

Nickels
December 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I can't think of a team that could have this many injuries and make the postseason after being one of the favs to make it there. Just too many and still happening. Alright voodoo people...quit shaking the voodoo bear dolls. xlolx We're done!
Nothing to be ashamed about, the younger Bears stepped up late in the season. That Qb looked pretty damn good a couple of weeks ago, what's his classification? Although I don't know that much about the Bears, I'm betting they will be serious contenders for the SLC crown next year.

BTW I really enjoyed Conway. I didn't expect it to be that large or nice. It seemed like there were a lot of new developments, especially on the other side of the interstate (I assume its growing pretty fast). The people of Conway were extremely friendly. It seemed like everywhere I went I ended up in long conversation with a local. All the waitresses were attractive and attentive (some of those chicks at JJ's xthumbsupx). The downtown area was neat and active. The stadium staff were friendly and helpful. The campus and athletic facilities were pretty (sans stripes), hell even the stadium bathrooms were among the nicest I've seen. Estes is the only stadium in the SLC I would be comfortable taking a **** in without hovering.

Aside from Nicholls, I've been to every SLC city and I would put Conway above all of them, at least until HBU, IW & UNO join the conference.

However just about every UCA fan under the age of 30 treated us like crap, from the douche bags trying to start **** with us at Waffle House, to the dickheaded campus cop, to the obnoxious students with their lame ass PA (that I eventually unplugged) facing the visitor's section and team bench, to the road whores on the golf cart. I was honestly expecting more from the UCA fan base in regards to hospitality and attendance.

Anyway, overall I gotta give Conway and UCA props. Looking forward to going back one day.