Wofford Terriers

Liberty Flames

39T
James Madison Dukes

39T
Illinois State Redbirds

JMUNJ08
November 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
The Dukes thank you for your 3 votes whoever you are!!!

(Note: I am DEFINTELY not one of them...)

Fear the Bird
November 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Whoever voted for JMU and Wofford is lazy as hell and should have their voting privileges revoked

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 11:33 AM
The Dukes thank you for your 3 votes whoever you are!!!

(Note: I am DEFINTELY not one of them...)

One person meant to vote Jacksonville State at #23. Don't worry, 65 people meant to vote for Dayton at #24.

kdinva
November 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM
1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Eastern Illinois Panthers
3: Eastern Washington Eagles
4: Maine Black Bears
5: Towson Tigers
6: McNeese State Cowboys
7: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
8: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
9: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
10: Montana Grizzlies
11: Sam Houston State Bearkats
12: Fordham Rams
13: Youngstown State Penguins
14: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
15: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
16: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
17: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
18: Samford Bulldogs
19: Montana State Bobcats
20: Chattanooga Mocs
21: Princeton Tigers
22: Harvard Crimson
23: William & Mary Tribe
24: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
25: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Whoever voted for JMU and Wofford is lazy as hell and should have their voting privileges revoked

I too am not happy to see voters that put in a lackluster effort and leave those sorts of teams in when they fairly clearly should be chucked for someone a little more deserving but everyone has their own opinion and if they have em' low they ain't gonna rejected so we have to live with some 1/2 ass efforts sometimes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
5: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
6: Towson Tigers
7: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
8: Fordham Rams
9: McNeese State Cowboys
10: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: Princeton Tigers
14: William & Mary Tribe
16: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
17: Youngstown State Penguins
18: Tennessee State Tigers
19: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
20: Harvard Crimson
21: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
22: New Hampshire Wildcats
23: Chattanooga Mocs
24: Sacred Heart Pioneers
25: Montana State Bobcats

MSW - SELA
MSL - Delaware

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
2: Eastern Washington Eagles
3: Eastern Illinois Panthers
8: Montana Grizzlies
10: Sam Houston State Bearkats
11: Fordham Rams
12: Youngstown State Penguins
13: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
15: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
16: Princeton Tigers
17: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
18: Montana State Bobcats
19: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
20: Samford Bulldogs
21: Tennessee State Tigers
23: Northern Iowa Panthers
24: South Carolina State Bulldogs
25: Harvard Crimson

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
5: Towson Tigers
6: McNeese State Cowboys
7: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
8: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
9: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
12: Fordham Rams
13: Youngstown State Penguins
16: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
17: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
18: Samford Bulldogs
19: Montana State Bobcats
20: Chattanooga Mocs
21: Princeton Tigers
22: Harvard Crimson
23: William & Mary Tribe
24: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
25: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
Why Samford as the leader of the 4 loss teams? Particularly 5 and 6 slots ahead of W&M and SDSU respectively.

IBleedYellow
November 18th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'm annoyed in myself. I put Samford about 5 spots too high in NY own poll. They should be sitting about 20th.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2013, 12:05 PM
2: Eastern Washington Eagles
3: Eastern Illinois Panthers
8: Montana Grizzlies
10: Sam Houston State Bearkats
12: Youngstown State Penguins
17: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
19: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
21: Tennessee State Tigers
23: Northern Iowa Panthers
24: South Carolina State Bulldogs

02, this is something I always wonder about so hoping you can provide some insight to a friend on this one. When you have two teams right next to each other like SUU and MSU with similar records etc. why would the team that just went on the road and beat the other be considered less since they are so very close to the same spot and all? I can see it if they are four or five spots separation but when they are right next to each other I just don't get it?

bluehenbillk
November 18th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Pretty good poll.

Too High: W&M and Princeton. Too Low: S. Utah & Jax St

TigerFen
November 18th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Here's my poll (even though it doesn't count):

8: McNeese State Cowboys
9: Sam Houston State Bearkats
12: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
13: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
14: Youngstown State Penguins
15: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
17: William & Mary Tribe
19: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
20: New Hampshire Wildcats
21: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
22: Tennessee State Tigers
23: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
24: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
25: Chattanooga Mocs

I want to see more From Southern utah to give them a higher vote. I also gave Montana State even though they lost partly because I took a deeper look at them than the last week. 15-25 is a jumbled mess in the poll and I don't think will be clarified until the playoffs end.

bjtheflamesfan
November 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Here is my ballot after missing a few weeks looking for work in the Portsmouth area:

8: McNeese State Cowboys
9: Sam Houston State Bearkats
12: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
14: Princeton Tigers
16: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
17: Tennessee State Tigers
18: New Hampshire Wildcats
19: Youngstown State Penguins
21: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
22: William & Mary Tribe
23: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
24: Sacred Heart Pioneers

For the record, I have Sacred Heart in my ballot as a congratulatory gesture on winning the NEC. Also, I built much of my ballot around Superman's How They Fared spreadsheet (props to him btw)

ngineer
November 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Not bad, though I would have Princeton a bit higher, and as pointed out by others, JMU and Wofford should not be in any longer.

GoAgs72
November 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Voters no longer confuse North Dakota State with North Dakota like a few years ago.

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM
What exactly has SHSU fund to warrant the high ranking other than being good the last 2 years.

I look at what they've done this year and...well...the resume is dog **** bad

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 07:52 PM
02, this is something I always wonder about so hoping you can provide some insight to a friend on this one. When you have two teams right next to each other like SUU and MSU with similar records etc. why would the team that just went on the road and beat the other be considered less since they are so very close to the same spot and all? I can see it if they are four or five spots separation but when they are right next to each other I just don't get it?

Yeah...I'm usually pretty good at catching that (see NAU and Montana for example...as the season goes along, I do go by more of a "what have you done lately?" method though). Without going into too long of a story, when I was sorting/moving teams via excel, I had MSU dropping back to the Mid/late teens and SUU entering the poll at low 20s before bumping them up further to 19. MSU/SUU being back-to-back is more of a coincidence and an oversight to not move SUU up one more spot.

ElCid
November 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM
What exactly has SHSU fund to warrant the high ranking other than being good the last 2 years.

That is a very interesting question, but I would also ask, what has Princeton done to be ranked at all? Or Harvard for that matter? Or any Ivy team?

Everyone is ready to rank Princeton, but who have they beaten? Nobody really. Oh you mean Harvard, Columbia, Cornell? What are you kidding me? Oh, I'm sorry, maybe they beat the perennial FCS step child who every MVFC and BigSkyConf fan love to berate--Lehigh? Oh, my bad, Lehigh beat them. Or is it Lehigh fans ranking them, trying to boost their own resume?

Their ranking in the computer is an utter joke. This incestuous schedule of the Ivy feeds itself. It may be a quirk of the computer but they are not going to move very much at all with so few OOC games each year. This has perturbed me for years and I am not a Ivy basher, but there is something rotten in the rankings and computer program. I actually like the Ivy but I am trying to be intellectually honest. They may be good, but there is no legitimate measure to judge by. The insular Ivy schedule, maintained to present some sort of legitimacy has got to stop. I am surprised the AGS voters tolerate it. I asked weeks ago for anyone on AGS to justify to me why any Ivy should be ranked and all I heard, were crickets. Everyone is always ready to justify why team X is better than team Y, but not one person can justify why the Ivy is even in the conversation of rankings? I suspect that only one or two OOC games with power conferences is the reason. Or in other words, there is no justification that would pass any sort of scrutiny. Can't crap the bed too bad if you play with nobody....but your sister.

I will be the first to vote for an Ivy team that plays a SOCON, CAA, MVFC, BSC, BSC, OVC, or Southland team each year. Let them pick whomever they want for the other game. Otherwise, I will save my vote for some other team, maybe Chuck South or SC St.

WileECoyote06
November 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

If any team besides NDSU deserves the benefit of the doubt. . . .

Oh and a win over #2 Eastern Washington doesn't hurt. Their two FCS losses are to top ten teams on the road. Other than those, the Bearkats average 47 points a game an indicator that they're offense hasn't really skipped a beat from last year. The loss of their QB is a concern going forward, but not enough to affect the perception of them as a playoff ready squad. In other words, for us to believe that SHSU is dead, someone is going to have to blow them out in the playoffs. It's a sign of respect.

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 10:07 PM
If any team besides NDSU deserves the benefit of the doubt. . . .

Oh and a win over #2 Eastern Washington doesn't hurt. Their two FCS losses are to top ten teams on the road. Other than those, the Bearkats average 47 points a game an indicator that they're offense hasn't really skipped a beat from last year. The loss of their QB is a concern going forward, but not enough to affect the perception of them as a playoff ready squad. In other words, for us to believe that SHSU is dead, someone is going to have to blow them out in the playoffs. It's a sign of respect.
They have 3 wins against non counters
Have beaten 1 team with a record of .500 or better
can't get to move than 6 D1 wins

You give that exact same resume to any other school and they aren't even in the freaking playoff discussion....let alone ranked top 10.

UNI crushed McNeese State (And it could have been A LOT worse than it was), beat an FBS in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the score, lost by 1 on the road to NDSU, beat a top 15 rated YSU, and already has 6 as many D1 wins as SHSU can finish with

I'm not saying UNI is a top 10 team - or really a playoff team right now - but let's be ****ing real on that one.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 10:18 PM

You give that exact same resume to any other school and they aren't even in the freaking playoff discussion....let alone ranked top 10.

UNI crushed McNeese State (And it could have been A LOT worse than it was), beat an FBS in a game that wasn't nearly as close as the score, lost by 1 on the road to NDSU, beat a top 15 rated YSU, and already has 6 as many D1 wins as SHSU can finish with

I'm not saying UNI is a top 10 team - or really a playoff team right now - but let's be ****ing real on that one.
Texas Southern is a D1 counter as far as I know so SHSU already has 6 wins against D1 counters with a chance to get to 7 this Saturday. I have them at #10 based on the strength of their win against EWU and the fact that they've done exactly what a top 10 team should against the lower teams in their conference and that's blow them out (with the exception of Lamar). I look at the teams below them in my poll like Fordham, Montana, Bethune-Cookman, Youngstown St, William & Mary and I don't see much justification to move them any lower than that.

WileECoyote06
November 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Why turn it into a pissing match between SHSU and UNI? Are you related to Urban Meyer, because you're doing a whole lot of stumping . . .

If SHSU gets into the playoffs and once again goes on it's 'West Bracket' romp; will you be ready to give them respect?

BTW, the team that they beat just happens to be a conference champion. And it's likely when the TSU game was scheduled they were coming off of their conference championship too. When considering their performance against their schedule, a win over a power conference champ is a good indicator that this team can perform in the playoffs. UNI cannot make that same claim. SDSU does have a win against that conference's champ and thus why they are still being looked at as a playoff participant.

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I'm not advocating Furman getting votes - we haven't earned it. Still, I cannot come up with a reasonable argument for Wofford getting votes over Furman.

Granted, that may change next week depending on the outcome of the game, but at this stage of the season, Wofford has been less impressive. As I've said for years, though, it is far easier to maintain your position in FCS polling than it is to climb into FCS polling. It takes forever to break in, and forever to finally fall out.

dystopiamembrane
November 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
That is a very interesting question, but I would also ask, what has Princeton done to be ranked at all? Or Harvard for that matter? Or any Ivy team?

Everyone is ready to rank Princeton, but who have they beaten? Nobody really. Oh you mean Harvard, Columbia, Cornell? What are you kidding me? Oh, I'm sorry, maybe they beat the perennial FCS step child who every MVFC and BigSkyConf fan love to berate--Lehigh? Oh, my bad, Lehigh beat them. Or is it Lehigh fans ranking them, trying to boost their own resume?

Their ranking in the computer is an utter joke.My favourite thing about all this is the fact that you use the appellation "the computer."

ElCid
November 19th, 2013, 08:07 PM
My favourite thing about all this is the fact that you use the appellation "the computer."

Yeah, that does sound kind of funny, but you know what I really meant--their place in the computer rankings. But I can easily laugh with you at that.xlolx

dystopiamembrane
November 19th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, that does sound kind of funny, but you know what I really meant--their place in the computer rankings. But I can easily laugh with you at that.xlolxI do agree with you. Massey's formula gets tweaked on NESCAC teams, also. The conference plays no OOC games, so they routinely make multiple appearance in his DIII top 10.