PDA

View Full Version : AGS Fan Poll Question: Who do you want to win?

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Who do you want to win the Lafayette vs. Lehigh game this weekend? Not who you "think" will win, based on technical merits, but who you WANT to win...

A Lafayette win will finally shut-up all of the Lehigh people... probably for all of one day until the playoff brackets come out... though a sub 500 will be in the playoffs

A Lehigh win validates that Lehigh had a solid season and is worthy of the playoffs at 9-2.

I don't care means.... well, then how are you an FCS fan?!

My true motive here is making this a popularity contest :D

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Nice idea. Fun and creative way to elicit more and better trash talk.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Pards and just because...... :D

Twentysix
November 18th, 2013, 10:09 AM
PARDS! P-A-R-D-S PARDS PARDS PARDS!

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
The Pards because the Lehigh fans will be entertaining trying to justify how they should've been the 3rd Patriot League team in the field.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 10:37 AM
xlolx Well,little doubt Lehigh will not do well in this poll. Nice that Lafayette will get to win something this week.xrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM
xlolx Well,little doubt Lehigh will not do well in this poll. Nice that Lafayette will get to win something this week.xrolleyesx

actually I think I don't care will probably win. You Lehigh people are over represented for the impact you actually have in this division.

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Best thing for UNI is Lehigh to win.

Best thing for the forum is for Laf to win

I'm like a producer...I want what's best for the "show" if my team is out of it.

COME ON LAFAYETTE

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
The forum will go in full meltdown mode if LC gets in with a losing record. The hate that will be spewed will be insufferable imo. It will be FAR worse than a LU win....

FordhamFan
November 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I voted Lafayette because it would make the Fordham loss look better, but the more I think about it, I want Lehigh because a 9-2 Lehigh would look a lot better on Fordham's resume. A loss to Lafayette is an ugly stain regardless of the outcome of this game.

gumby013
November 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Lafayette

I'm an entropy fan.

clenz
November 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
The forum will go in full meltdown mode if LC gets in with a losing record. The hate that will be spewed will be insufferable imo. It will be FAR worse than a LU win....
It would go to show how weak the PL is....

A team with a losing record wins the conference....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
It would go to show how weak the PL is....

A team with a losing record wins the conference....

But what happens if Fordham gets to Frisco? It would still be about Lafayette? xlolx

Let's be honest, the PL will never win over some people on here.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM

Methinks this is clenz's objective. The tirades will be epic. Of course a Pard win in 1st round would give the weather vane crowd apoplexy. A win win for clenz.

Lets just win this game and let them continue to trash Lehigh. They get so much pleasure fromit.Least we can do for them.xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
actually I think I don't care will probably win. You Lehigh people are over represented for the impact you actually have in this division.

That's because we're one of the few fanbases that don't jump ship when things go wrong. We've been here through the good and the bad over the last 10 years. Our presence goes back to the AOL 1AA board and the escribe board.....

I'm here to talk football. Half of my posts have nothing to do with Lehigh. I consider myself very well versed in FCS football. I'll talk about any team/program in the country........

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
But what happens if Fordham gets to Frisco? It would still be about Lafayette? xlolx

Let's be honest, the PL will never win over some people on here.

True enuf. When we win ,its because other team did not play well.When we lose,its see how weak PL really is. Dont really care. My sole concern is LU getting better and PL also.:)

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I want Lehigh to win simply because I don't want the reputation of the FCS further sullied by a non-scholarship team with a losing record in the playoffs.

Then again, PL team at 10-2, PL team with a losing record, same quality of product on the field. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/GHGecko/ANI_GIFs/TINYs/Smiley_Tiny_Drinking_Coffee.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I want Lehigh to win simply because I don't want the reputation of the FCS further sullied by a non-scholarship team with a losing record in the playoffs.

Then again, PL team at 10-2, PL team with a losing record, same quality of product on the field. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/GHGecko/ANI_GIFs/TINYs/Smiley_Tiny_Drinking_Coffee.gif

Screw them. The PL did it to themselves by dragging their feet on the scholarship issue. Fordham offered scholarships so they are out of the conference championship when it should rightfully be theirs. If you don't want to offer scholarships, don't do football or go DIII>

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Now now, what will your fellow Libtards think if they see you on here advocating that you don't treat everyone equally even though they clearly aren't equal?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Screw them. The PL did it to themselves by dragging their feet on the scholarship issue. Fordham offered scholarships so they are out of the conference championship when it should rightfully be theirs. If you don't want to offer scholarships, don't do football or go DIII>

Lehigh would definitely be up for consideration with a 9-2 record this year.

More importantly...

How can anyone honestly take a post like yours seriously? I mean seriously? The PL has done well for itself over the years. I don't understand the blind ignorance and outward hatred directed towards the conference.

I would never say the things to other conferences/teams that some folks direct towards the Lehigh/ PL fans. It's disgraceful xsmhx.

frozennorth
November 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Now now, what will your fellow Libtards think if they see you on here advocating that you don't treat everyone equally even though they clearly aren't equal?
i agree sports and real life are of equal consequence. [/purple]

Also college sports are on a vastly more level playing field than real life.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 11:36 AM

It's not whether everyone is equal its whether all have an equal opportunity. xeyebrowx " AnyGiven Saturday " should apply to all of FCS not just the elite

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM
It's not whether everyone is equal its whether all have an equal opportunity. xeyebrowx " AnyGiven Saturday " should apply to all of FCS not just the elite

So you agree with the esteemed representative from North Dakota who feels the PL shouldn't have an opportunity due to their lack of scholarships? Interesting.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM
So you agree with the esteemed representative from North Dakota who feels the PL shouldn't have an opportunity due to their lack of scholarships? Interesting.

LOL, at this point I have to assume you're screwing with us :D

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
LOL, at this point I have to assume you're screwing with us :D

Absolutely. One more reason I want Lehigh to win, on the 1/100 chance the UD somehow sneaks in, it's almost a lock to be Lehigh & UD in Round 1.

EDIT - And if so, be sure to stop by Section L. I sit right behind Dallas Green and Tubby.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Absolutely. One more reason I want Lehigh to win, on the 1/100 chance the UD somehow sneaks in, it's almost a lock to be Lehigh & UD in Round 1.

Have to beat the Vile first!!

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
1st round matchup of Pioneer Autobid and Lafayette. Winner heads to Fargo! Yeah baby! :D

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM

Wow,that's how you read my post? Opportunity is what is offered by rules and framework of the competition. Scholarships are a means to take advantage of that opportunity.Up to each school to decide in what manner they will take advantage of that opportunity. Your position is that unless you take full advantage of scholarships you should not have any opportunity at all. I rather dislike that elitist approach, at the very least in this country everyone should have the opportuniy and the freedom to choose how to use it.

ace93
November 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Lehigh. Better for Fordham in that it gives them another quality win. Also means that if we beat Colgate then we would have gotten the PL AQ if we had been eligible. A win vs. Colgate, a win by Lehigh and I think the chances of a bye are still there.

Fordham aside, I'd still want Lehigh to win b/c I think their body of work deserves to be in more than that of Lafayette. I like Lehigh better overall in most other sports also, hoops especially.

superman7515
November 18th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Wow,that's how you read my post? Opportunity is what is offered by rules and framework of the competition. Scholarships are a means to take advantage of that opportunity.Up to each school to decide in what manner they will take advantage of that opportunity. Your position is that unless you take full advantage of scholarships you should not have any opportunity at all. I rather dislike that elitist approach, at the very least in this country everyone should have the opportuniy and the freedom to choose how to use it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hb_pRk9oxsI/UZ2mgKrFS0I/AAAAAAAAAaE/jrdA2Yv-31s/s400/WhySoSerious.jpg

NoDak picks on Lehigh, I pick on NoDak, Lehigh fans jump on me... This is why you guys lack friends. Haha

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hb_pRk9oxsI/UZ2mgKrFS0I/AAAAAAAAAaE/jrdA2Yv-31s/s400/WhySoSerious.jpg

NoDak picks on Lehigh, I pick on NoDak, Lehigh fans jump on me... This is why you guys lack friends. Haha

HAH! My plan has worked to perfection!

Seriously though. I don't care if the PL gets into the playoffs, they just can't whine about not getting respected when all the best players are going to scholarship teams. We don't regard the Pioneer any better, why should we do so the Patriot?

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM

If Lafayette wins this week, they are "rightful" PL champs even with Fordham included. A Lafayette win against Lehigh, and a Fordham win over Colgate will give both schools a 5-1 "league" record, and Lafayette beat Fordham so we would have the tie breaker.

This is an unusual year for Lafayette as we have been a different team with our freshman QB under center. If he played the whole year a win over Penn and Sacred Heart would've been very likley (we still beat Sacred Heart, but that is another story). Colgate played very well against us, but that was another possible win. This team could easily be 7-4, a record which PL champs have had a few times.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Seriously though. I don't care if the PL gets into the playoffs, they just can't whine about not getting respected when all the best players are going to scholarship teams. We don't regard the Pioneer any better, why should we do so the Patriot?

What does that mean?

frozennorth
November 18th, 2013, 12:18 PM

the patriot has always allowed pseudo-scholarships. The pioneer doesn't even try or care about being competitive.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
What does that mean?

Hard to say with him. Guess he is still hearkening back to PL non schollie days. It really drove the weather vanes crazy when a PL got in at all. Not going to change with some even when we get to 60.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
the patriot has always allowed pseudo-scholarships. The pioneer doesn't even try or care about being competitive.

Yes, it was need based financial aid given on the grounds of athletic ability. The NCAA has considered the PL a schoalrship league for some time.

Also who cares how a school builds a team as long as they can play? I remember several years ago when Minnesota-Duluth won a national title or two in a conference that did allow the max number of scholarships to be given (but I think that has changed).

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Yes, Lafayette's record would be 'embarassing' for the playoffs if they got in at 5-6... but this is a different Lafayette team than the one that started the season. If Drew Reed had not emerged i.e. Frank doing the right thing by putting in a different QB, then we would not even be having this conversation.

It's interesting that the reason that Lafayette is even in this position is because it's scholarship freshman class is making a major impact in the second half of the season. If Drew Reed starts the entire year, we beat Sacred Heart, Penn, Harvard, and likely Princeton. We are a different beast. I'm not saying that we are actually going to beat a team like Towson, but the way we are playing now is more indicative of an 8-3 team than a sub-.500 team.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
That's because we're one of the few fanbases that don't jump ship when things go wrong. We've been here through the good and the bad over the last 10 years. Our presence goes back to the AOL 1AA board and the escribe board.....

I'm here to talk football. Half of my posts have nothing to do with Lehigh. I consider myself very well versed in FCS football. I'll talk about any team/program in the country........

Good and bad? WTF are you talking about? 2006? PL co-champs... 2008, you beat LC, same with 2009, even though it was a four win season.

Bad is what has happened in Easton... and we're still around...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Good and bad? WTF are you talking about? 2006? PL co-champs... 2008, you beat LC, same with 2009, even though it was a four win season.

Bad is what has happened in Easton... and we're still around...

3 straight losing seasons?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Yes, Lafayette's record would be 'embarassing' for the playoffs if they got in at 5-6... but this is a different Lafayette team than the one that started the season. If Drew Reed had not emerged i.e. Frank doing the right thing by putting in a different QB, then we would not even be having this conversation.

It's interesting that the reason that Lafayette is even in this position is because it's scholarship freshman class is making a major impact in the second half of the season. If Drew Reed starts the entire year, we beat Sacred Heart, Penn, Harvard, and likely Princeton. We are a different beast. I'm not saying that we are actually going to beat a team like Towson, but the way we are playing now is more indicative of an 8-3 team than a sub-.500 team.

After hearing about the "curse" over and over, you've officially gone full-on homer mode. Now a kid making his what 3rd? collegiate start is good enough to do the unthinkable? In Princeton Stadium?

Realize that both Shaf and Reed have nearly 4 month of practice by now. To think either one was ready to start the year seems ridiculous to me. Reed might not have survived the W&M defense and Lehigh sure as hell doesn't beat UNH with Shaf starting week 3. Be reasonable Pard, I know you struggle with it....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hard to say with him. Guess he is still hearkening back to PL non schollie days. It really drove the weather vanes crazy when a PL got in at all. Not going to change with some even when we get to 60.

Why isn't Fordham eligible to win the PL? Because they went full schollie right away? Of course.

The PL has a saying "You never go full schollie"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VXOHdt7O5Bk/UWE6Sft-aQI/AAAAAAAAAKY/eG2oR3yKNRw/s320/fullretard.jpg

TigerFen
November 18th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Sorry to Lafayette, but I want Lehigh to win personally. There's some unfinished business from 2011 that I want a first or second round game against them. I think it would be a great way to start a Towson playoff run.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
After hearing about the "curse" over and over, you've officially gone full-on homer mode. Now a kid making his what 3rd? collegiate start is good enough to do the unthinkable? In Princeton Stadium?

Realize that both Shaf and Reed have nearly 4 month of practice by now. To think either one was ready to start the year seems ridiculous to me. Reed might not have survived the W&M defense and Lehigh sure as hell doesn't beat UNH with Shaf starting week 3. Be reasonable Pard, I know you struggle with it....

No.. perhaps I should be more clear... if we started the season with Drew Reed as he is now, then we'd beat those teams. I am well aware of the curse, but having been at that game, the inconsistency and mistakes by DZ that led to his benching were responsible for this loss... we were up 20-11 at the end of the first quarter and it was 21-20 at half. Then his mistakes tripled in the second half and that's all she wrote. It was another game where we were PO'd on the Lafayette board: not outplayed, not outmanned, but shot ourselves in the foot and bad coaching.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Why isn't Fordham eligible to win the PL? Because they went full schollie right away? Of course.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VXOHdt7O5Bk/UWE6Sft-aQI/AAAAAAAAAKY/eG2oR3yKNRw/s320/fullretard.jpg

xrolleyesx Thereby proving my point.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM

Yep, 2009... the rest of the league dragged their heels and postponed a vote in 2010 until one year later. They are eligible next year. I believed that they should have been eligible this year... the rest of the PL (except Georgetown) has schollie frosh. And the funny thing is, Lafayette would have taken the autobid if they managed to beat Lehigh.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Don't really care, but I'll say this...Lehigh has already shown that they can get into the playoffs and play respectable agains teams in the power conferences. It would be good for the PL if other teams can get in and do that as well.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Don't really care, but I'll say this...Lehigh has already shown that they can get into the playoffs and play respectable agains teams in the power conferences. It would be good for the PL if other teams can get in and do that as well.

We have done that too... only lacking a win. We had App State and Delaware on the ropes in 2005 and 2004.

ace93
November 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM
No.. perhaps I should be more clear... if we started the season with Drew Reed as he is now, then we'd beat those teams. I am well aware of the curse, but having been at that game, the inconsistency and mistakes by DZ that led to his benching were responsible for this loss... we were up 20-11 at the end of the first quarter and it was 21-20 at half. Then his mistakes tripled in the second half and that's all she wrote. It was another game where we were PO'd on the Lafayette board: not outplayed, not outmanned, but shot ourselves in the foot and bad coaching.

And if Michael Nebrich had been able to play this past weekend....blah, blah, blah. These ifs in sports are really silly.

Bill
November 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks No Dak. No one wants to go full scholie :)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18530&stc=1

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 01:11 PM
And if Michael Nebrich had been able to play this past weekend....blah, blah, blah. These ifs in sports are really silly.

We'd still have beaten you... Holy Cross and Bucknell nearly did..

FordhamFan
November 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Holy Cross, yes. Bucknell played the same Fordham team you guys beat without a top 5 player in the FCS for three quarters.

Listen, Lafayette did a great job, but they hardly dominated the Rams. It was 5 turnovers to 3, and Lafayette took advantage better than Fordham did with those turnovers. Reed is a great player, but he had some bad mistakes last Saturday. A 27-14 win wasn't nearly indicative of what it should have been.

Lafayette should have won that game by 20 plus points. The fact that they didn't is a miracle, and should give you some caution before saying Reed would have beaten all those other teams.

And yes, I fully believe a Nebrich led Fordham team would have won a close one in Easton. But like ace said, it literally doesn't matter one bit.

ace93
November 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM

There is no way of knowing, though I am not arguing we would have won, but rather that talking about ifs is about as ridiculous as you can get when it comes to sports. I will say though that a healthy Nebrich does not throw those 4 INT's. He has been very good with that all season having only thrown 4. Would that have been enough of a difference, we don't know and I don't even want to say it would have been. Yet you somehow can say that you would have beaten 4 other teams if Reed had been in there and playing as he has lately. That's comical.

BTW Nebrich played most of, but did not finish the 1Q vs. Bucknell and to say HC nearly beat us is inaccurate as we gave up a late TD to make it 32-30 and we even ran the victory formation without issue that day. ;)

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
If Lafayette wins this week, they are "rightful" PL champs even with Fordham included. A Lafayette win against Lehigh, and a Fordham win over Colgate will give both schools a 5-1 "league" record, and Lafayette beat Fordham so we would have the tie breaker.

This is an unusual year for Lafayette as we have been a different team with our freshman QB under center. If he played the whole year a win over Penn and Sacred Heart would've been very likley (we still beat Sacred Heart, but that is another story). Colgate played very well against us, but that was another possible win. This team could easily be 7-4, a record which PL champs have had a few times.

You didn't. End of story!

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM

Exactly.....and IF My Aunt has banns she'd be my uncle!

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM

Exactly.....and IF My Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

Sorry, fat fingers....

Sammy94
November 18th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I don't care. Whoever it is, it will be the last win of the year anyway.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
You didn't. End of story!

We actually did. The game was over on a Jared Roberts interception.

The play was called back by a bogus late hit on the QB flag. The league and the official said the flag should not have been thrown.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
We actually did. The game was over on a Jared Roberts interception.

The play was called back by a bogus late hit on the QB flag. The league and the official said the flag should not have been thrown.

woulda,coulda shouldas ..... are excuses. We lived through 3 years of Andy losing 19 of 20 games decided by less than aTD. Lots of them. Makes no difference,still Ls that will never change. Only game that counts for us is Saturday

ngineer
November 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM

I think Pard4Life tacitly acknowledges this (;-)

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Regardless of who wins, Lehigh and Pards will probably play the same team in the first round, and on the road.

HailSzczur
November 19th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Always root for Lehigh in this one. Loved the campus, loved the school. They were my #2 school during the college application process.

Visited Lafayette....wasn't overly impressed. Kinda got the impression of a little brother complex to their brethren in Bethlehem ("That other L school" the Dean of Admissions said as he crinkled his nose). Got accepted at Pitt super early, before I submitted my LC app and said to myself "I can't see myself going to LC over Pitt", and that was that.

Go Lehigh

Tribal
November 19th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Pards because that helps our SoS and their fans were great when we played there.

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Go Pards!!! That is all.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
18531.......LEHIGH......JES' TA KEEP...DUH DAWG IN MONTANA.....'WAKE AT NIGHTS........xwavex......BRAWK!