PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 13 pick'em

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2)

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7)

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0)

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5)

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2) Wolford cries to the refs all game, yet somehow YSU loses.

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7) Indiana State is really really bad.

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0) A much improved USD just doesn't have what it is going to take to take down NDSU, NDSU rests starters in most of the 2nd half.

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5) WIU is improved from previous years, but an injury riddled UNI is still to much for the Leathernecks.

Conference standings (FINAL):

NDSU 1st place 8-0
MSU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (SDSU W, YSU did not play, SIU W)
SDSU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (MSU L, YSU W, SIU L)
YSU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (SDSU L, MSU did not play, SIU W)
SIU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (SDSU W, MSU L, YSU L)
ISU-R 6th place 4-4
USD 7th place 3-5 (head to head win over UNI)
UNI 8th place 3-5 (head to head loss vs USD)
WIU 9th place 2-6
ISU-B 10th place 0-8

footballer23
November 17th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Tough to pick the first one, but with 2 injured QB's for YSU, I'll take SDSU.
Southern Illinois... that one is just a given.
NDSU locks up the 1 seed.
Northern Iowa makes a statement in their last game of the year and spanks WIU.

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Seems ridiculous that the MVFC will likely have 4 2nd place teams. YSU winning is pretty much the only way that won't happen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2013, 05:04 PM
SDSU - Jacks win this but will be close. If Hess plays they have a good chance.

SIU - Ind State is terrible this year. Bell was their whole team the last few years.

UNI - UNI should win at home even though they are a mash unit.

NDSU - The Bison make it 11-0 and seal up the top seed.

59-15 for the season

Bisonator
November 17th, 2013, 06:25 PM
South Dakota State University @ Youngstown State University - ZZ will run all over the guins

Southern Illinois University @ Indiana State University - This season can't end soon enough for the trees

University of South Dakota @ North Dakota State University - Bison roll the yotes on an emotional senior day

Western Illinois University @ University of Northern Iowa - UNI finishes off a disappointing season on a high note

Skyhawk71
November 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM
South Dakota State @ Youngstown State
Southern Illinois @ Indiana State
South Dakota @ North Dakota State
Western Illinois @ Northern Iowa

justintyem
November 17th, 2013, 07:44 PM
South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2)

Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ Indiana State University (1-10 0-7)

University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ #1 North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0)

Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5)

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2)

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7)

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0)

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5)

RabidRabbit
November 17th, 2013, 10:02 PM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2) Wolford cries to the refs all game, yet somehow YSU loses.

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7) Indiana State is really really bad.

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0) A much improved USD just doesn't have what it is going to take to take down NDSU, NDSU rests starters in most of the 2nd half.

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5) WIU is improved from previous years, but an injury riddled UNI is still to much for the Leathernecks.

Conference standings (FINAL):

NDSU 1st place 8-0
MSU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (SDSU W, YSU did not play, SIU W)
SDSU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (MSU L, YSU W, SIU L)
YSU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (SDSU L, MSU did not play, SIU W)
SIU Tied 2nd place 5-3 (SDSU W, MSU L, YSU L)
ISU-R 6th place 4-4
USD 7th place 3-5 (head to head win over UNI)
UNI 8th place 3-5 (head to head loss vs USD)
WIU 9th place 2-6
ISU-B 10th place 0-8

I agree with 26's picks. UNI as the 8th place team is simply amazing with where they were at half-time of the NDSU games. If Jacks win out, I sure as hell hope that the selection committee quits setting up a *****ing trip to Fargo for second round. Ship Jacks through the Big Sky/Southland gauntlet this year! NDSU is a great team, and deserves a new challenge early, and Jacks should be given a shot vs others. (I truly believe Jacks will bring their healthy top three MVFC leaders in to Youngstown, and take down some more Penguin tushy).

Grizzlies82
November 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM
It appears you're all taking SD State over Youngstown. If that pans out I'd guess finishing the year at 8-4 with 3 straight losses will keep Youngstown out of the playoffs.
So in essence that game is going to be a pre-first round playoff game with the winner in and the loser staying home.

Evolution Prime
November 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2) Jacks are getting things together at the right time.

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7) No wins in the MVFC for ISUb this year.

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0) Was there any doubt? USD too banged up to compete.

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5) UNI gets a happy ending to their tough year.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2013, 03:09 PM
5-0 last week for me. 56-18 on the year.

South Dakota St @ Youngstown St - YSU's QB situation is in flux and their defense will struggle to contain Zenner and Sumner. I think the Bunnies win and punch their ticket to the playoffs.
Southern Illinois @ Indiana St - The Salukis finish one win short of the playoffs.
South Dakota @ North Dakota St - The Bison are on a mission and they won't slip up on a day when this outstanding senior class is honored.
Western Illinois @ Northern Iowa - UNI will be at the center of one of the most polarizing playoff debates if they win this game. I'd be surprised to see them get their name called on Sunday but stranger things have happened with the selection committee's decisions in the past.

dewey
November 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM

I thought I had a good chance last week to take the lead on Bison in NW MN when USD was right there with SDSU and Ill State was leadin SIU but that turned around quickly.

I am now 56-18 after a 2-3 last week.

Dewey

BisonBacker
November 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM

BisonBacker
November 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
It appears you're all taking SD State over Youngstown. If that pans out I'd guess finishing the year at 8-4 with 3 straight losses will keep Youngstown out of the playoffs.
So in essence that game is going to be a pre-first round playoff game with the winner in and the loser staying home.

That may or may not be the case. It will be interesting to see what happens with YSU if they lose next weekend. Should they make the playoffs? Will they??

jacksfan29
November 19th, 2013, 04:31 PM

Everyone stating the YSU are out at 8 - 4, I think that's incorrect. I still have a hard time seeing the committee leave out an 8-4 MVFC school. I doubt they care if YSU drops there last 3. Again, that would mean they lost to: in order; UNI (a once top #5 team who beat ISU and blew out McNeese), NDSU (#1, expected to three peat) and SDSU (top 20 team who will be in the playoffs with a win).

Other then EWU how many Big Sky schools could run the physical gauntlet of UNI, NDSU, SDSU and go anything but 0 - 3? I'm not sure EWU could pull off anything but 1 - 2.

ValleyTalk
November 19th, 2013, 04:53 PM
YSU over SDSU 31-28 - Wolford already came out this afternoon to state Hess will start, the #3 QB Gerry will be his backup.

SIU over INSU 35-10 - After losing last year to YSU with a playoff spot on the line in the final week of the season, these guys [INSU] have not been the same.

NDSU over USD 31-10 - USD's defense should keep it somewhat close, but they do not have the offense to keep up.

UNI over WIU 24-17 - Battle of 2 good defenses. UNI seems to be getting healthy, but it will be too little too late.

DA BEAR
November 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM

penguinpower
November 19th, 2013, 07:13 PM
YSU vs SDSU is a toss up. I can't believe that Hess is completely healthy. When he is the TOP for the offense will help to keep the defense on the bench. I like the new defensive commitments that YSU is picking up. Looks like YSU snagged a Safety from FL that NDSU had an offer out to. YSU is another 2 years away from having a very good defense, but the coaches are working on it. I say get your Defense fixed first, but they did it backwards. BTW. That is the only game I've ever seen Wolford melt down like that. I hope he learns a lesson. He seems to learn from his mistakes. But I've seen him act like a tool too.

Obviuosly SDSU is a very good team. 17 int's on the year. Obviously they can run, which means they win the LOS on offense. The LB's will be busy helping the YSU's overmatched DL and the pass to the TE's will be open all day. If Hess is on YSU may be able to outscore SDSU, but if he struggles, I don't see how YSU wins. But YSu is at home and it is tough to travek in this conference.

SIU-Easy win
NDSU-USD has played several physical games in a row. Theywill be no match for NDSU. Game is over by halftime.

UNI-uni wins and becomes playoff eligible with wins over McNeese, Iowa state and YSU to name a few good ones.

underdawg
November 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Just for general Info--SIUs star QB Kory Faulkner is back throwing after being knocked out of the NDSU game--may not start but hope he gets a series or so against the Trees--he's had a hell of a season--to bad he wasn't available to help get them into the Play-offs

Daved
November 20th, 2013, 05:03 PM
That may or may not be the case. It will be interesting to see what happens with YSU if they lose next weekend. Should they make the playoffs? Will they??If they lose I doubt if they make the playoffs--according to Kurt Hess they don't deserve to make the playoffs if they lose and I agree with him.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
If they lose I doubt if they make the playoffs--according to Kurt Hess they don't deserve to make the playoffs if they lose and I agree with him.

It's too bad Hess had to play for Wolford.

THE HERD
November 20th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking if UNI can really put a beat down on WIU.......say 14+ point win....I think they sneek in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking if UNI can really put a beat down on WIU.......say 14+ point win....I think they sneek in the playoffs.

Not with a 3-5 conference record.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Not with a 3-5 conference record.

Agreed, at best they finish at what, 8th in conference.... not very likely.

ValleyTalk
November 20th, 2013, 09:22 PM
YSU finished 7-4 last year with a FBS win over Pitt, but a .500 conference record did us no favors and we missed the playoffs. Hence, I see no way UNI makes it.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
YSU -- Guins are in playoffs win or lose. However, Hess is back and Senior Day gives everyone a lift.

SIU-- finishes strong

NDSU -- MVFC champs prep for the playoffs.

UNI -- too little , too late.

JayJ79
November 20th, 2013, 10:17 PM
YSU finished 7-4 last year with a FBS win over Pitt, but a .500 conference record did us no favors and we missed the playoffs. Hence, I see no way UNI makes it.

YSU2012 had an FBS win, yes, but no other impressive wins on the resume. They also got blown out by NDSU, and lost by 17 and 13 in other games. UNI2013 lost by 1 at NDSU, had 3 OT losses, and their worst loss was by 10. And they blew out a team who will likely be seeded in the playoffs.

Plus, if it had been a 24-team bracket last year, as it is this year, YSU likely would have made it

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
YSU2012 had an FBS win, yes, but no other impressive wins on the resume. They also got blown out by NDSU, and lost by 17 and 13 in other games. UNI2013 lost by 1 at NDSU, had 3 OT losses, and their worst loss was by 10. And they blew out a team who will likely be seeded in the playoffs.

Plus, if it had been a 24-team bracket last year, as it is this year, YSU likely would have made it

IMO, UNI doesn't make it in this year but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

A 7-5 UNI with wins over Iowa State, SELU and a win over a possible playoff YSU team will put them into consideration. Plus it helps that UNI has been a traditional power for many years, that 'rep' will weigh into it also IMO.

THE HERD
November 21st, 2013, 12:01 PM
IMO, UNI doesn't make it in this year but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

A 7-5 UNI with wins over Iowa State, SELU and a win over a possible playoff YSU team will put them into consideration. Plus it helps that UNI has been a traditional power for many years, that 'rep' will weigh into it also IMO.

They played McNeese not SELU, but that was the point I was making when I said they have a chance for the playoffs if they can really put a beat down on WIU. McNeese was rated in top ten at the time and got crushed 41-7, Plus they have the Iowa St win and Youngstown. Also they lost like three games in OT didn't they?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
They played McNeese not SELU, but that was the point I was making when I said they have a chance for the playoffs if they can really put a beat down on WIU. McNeese was rated in top ten at the time and got crushed 41-7, Plus they have the Iowa St win and Youngstown. Also they lost like three games in OT didn't they?

Oh ya....my fault. Should pay attention some more....xsmhx

AmsterBison
November 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Is anybody keeping track of who has been the most accurate on these picks?

Just put me down in last place even though I didn't make any predictions. Very tough to pick MVFC games this year.

RabidRabbit
November 21st, 2013, 01:33 PM
UNI fits extremely well the team with a great SOS, and some high quality, large margin victories. 4 (if not 5) losses suffered were <TD, in OT to the MoValley teams.

IF (HUGE IF) UNI makes the play-offs, it will be due to the SOS and margins in their wins, and a virtual ignoring of their 5 losses, and their conference standing (best will be 8th of 10th).

With that said, IF UNI were as healthy as when they started the NDSU game, they'd be a reasonable pick to be playing NDSU in Frisco.

UNI isn't that healthy, and their record, especially in MVFC play is horrible, so I don't think they get picked. I don't want the Jacks playing them again this season, and I believe there will be a least 4 teams that are less qualified than UNI in the play-offs.

moosbah
November 21st, 2013, 02:26 PM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2) Jacks Zenner the 'Guins to death, as Wolford complains his way to infamy.

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7) Pyramid dogs pee on the trees.

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0) Bohl spends second half playing rock, paper, scissors with Thundar.

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5) Farley's team guts one out.

Should be an interesting final weekend.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM
The more I think about UNI's potential eligibility the more I think that their 3-5 conference record may not effect them. If the selection committee truly doesn't care what conference a team is in why should they care what their conference record is? So a 7-5 team that's 7-1 if conference shouldn't be differentiated from a 7-5 team with a 3-5 conference record if the quality of wins and the schedule strength are equal. I think the 5 overall FCS losses will/should be UNI's biggest black eye but they have three quality wins that are almost definitely going to be better than any other team on the bubble.

Da Bison
November 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
(T-4th) South Dakota State University (7-4 4-3) @ (2nd) Youngstown State University (8-3 5-2) I think Zenner runs for >50 zenners(200yds) Big question is which coach spends more time on the field during the plays?

(T-4th) Southern Illinois University (6-5 4-3) @ (10th) Indiana State University (1-10 0-7) No need to explain this one

(7th) University of South Dakota (4-7 3-4) @ (1st) North Dakota State University (10-0 7-0) Bison rest starters in 2nd half

(T-8th) Western Illinois University (4-7 2-5) @ (T-8th) University of Northern Iowa (6-5 2-5) "So your telling me their is a chance"

BisonTru
November 21st, 2013, 03:22 PM
IMO, YSU is in the playoffs. SDSU is in with a win this Saturday. If SDSU loses and UNI and SIU finish out with wins, it puts all three at 7-5. I think in a 24 team bracket there is some pressure to have at least three teams from the best conference in the field. The committee is gonna have to decide which one (maybe 2, doubtfull) gets in. SIU has head to head wins over both, UNI has the best OOC wins, and SDSU beat UNI, lost to SIU, but has a win vs. SE Lou. I wouldn't want to make the decision, but if it plays out this way I think one of these teams gets in.

dewey
November 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Is anybody keeping track of who has been the most accurate on these picks?

Just put me down in last place even though I didn't make any predictions. Very tough to pick MVFC games this year.

For most of the year it has been Bison in NW MN but he was declared inelgible for taking performance enhancing drugsxlolx

I am not aware of anyone keeping track of the records but I am pretty sure from what I have seen it is Bison in NW MNxbowx with a couple game lead on me and Professor Chaos, I believe. I haven't had too many weeks of conference play where I wasn't either 3-2 or 2-3.

It would be fun to add some sort of a way to keep track for next year. The winner could possibly have the admin add a banner above their avatar that says "2014 MVFC pickem champ" or a runner-up t-shirt like SHSU had a few years agoxlolx, sorry Bearkat fans I couldn't help that one.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2013, 04:34 PM
For most of the year it has been Bison in NW MN but he was declared inelgible for taking performance enhancing drugsxlolx

I am not aware of anyone keeping track of the records but I am pretty sure from what I have seen it is Bison in NW MNxbowx with a couple game lead on me and Professor Chaos, I believe. I haven't had too many weeks of conference play where I wasn't either 3-2 or 2-3.

It would be fun to add some sort of a way to keep track for next year. The winner could possibly have the admin add a banner above their avatar that says "2014 MVFC pickem champ" or a runner-up t-shirt like SHSU had a few years agoxlolx, sorry Bearkat fans I couldn't help that one.

Dewey

Dang...that is good. I'm still laughing....xbowx

It has been fun picking the games the last few years. UNI got me a lot of Ls this year with their 5 game losing streak, then I don't pick them and they win.

The banner is a cool idea.....that's all NoDak needs is another banner on his avatar...;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
52-25 Overall...

SDSU 27 YSU 24 - The 'Guins appear to be a rudderless ship....

SIU 30 Indiana State 13 - I think the Suluki's deserve consideration for a bid. They've played on the best schedules in FCS imo...

NDSU 38 South Dakota 16 - The Bison wrap up the top seed...

UNI 31 WIU 21 - The Panthers late season playoff push likely falls just sort....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2013, 04:58 AM
9.5 hours until kickoff....

GO BISON

ValleyTalk
November 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
We lose on a last second FG to UNI and by 18 playing our 3rd string QB vs #1 NDSU, but the way you guys are talking you would have thought our season was imploding worse than UNI's season did this year.

Hess and Co. will be ready. Let there be no doubt!

GO YSU!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
We lose on a last second FG to UNI and by 18 playing our 3rd string QB vs #1 NDSU, but the way you guys are talking you would have thought our season was imploding worse than UNI's season did this year.

GO YSU!

The 18 point loss to NDSU wasn't that close of a game...

JayJ79
November 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM

GO YSU!

if YSU had started off the conference season with these three games (@UNI, NDSU, SDSU), they'd probably have had their season "implode" as well.
Instead, with the backloaded schedule, they'll be limping into the playoffs (maybe), and will likely lose in the first couple rounds.

dewey
November 23rd, 2013, 10:27 AM

GO YSU!

Correct me if I am wrong but Hess doesn't play defense and that is where you had major problems. Don't forget that NDSU was without our All American hopefuls Grant Olson and Marcus Williams so the NDSU margin of victory could have been more.

Yes UNI has had a major slump this year but they still beat YSU without quite a few of their playmakers. The UNI team at full strength would have beaten YSU by a lot more.

Go Bison!

Dewey

DoubleE
November 23rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Who does YSU hire to replace Wolford next year ? Mangino ? Carl Pelini ?

RabidRabbit
November 23rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Who does YSU hire to replace Wolford next year ? Mangino ? Carl Pelini ?

Why is there any thought that Wolford is gone? Certainly shouldn't be because the top defensive squads in the MVFC outplayed the 'Guins.

To all the pickers in the thread. Jacks came through!

DoubleE
November 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Why is there any thought that Wolford is gone? Certainly shouldn't be because the top defensive squads in the MVFC outplayed the 'Guins.

To all the pickers in the thread. Jacks came through!

He has made no improvement to the teams defense in his 4 year tenure and has missed the playoffs for a now 4th straight year. this is unacceptable and should either resign tmrw or be fired and replaced

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
SDSU - Jacks win this but will be close. If Hess plays they have a good chance.

SIU - Ind State is terrible this year. Bell was their whole team the last few years.

UNI - UNI should win at home even though they are a mash unit.

NDSU - The Bison make it 11-0 and seal up the top seed.

59-15 for the season

4-0 this week.....xthumbsupx

63-15 for the year!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
I think Youngstown squeaks into the playoffs tomorrow.

NDSU
SDSU
Youngstown

From the Valley.

SDSU will be a tough out for any team.

SDSUAlum08
November 23rd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Lost in the topic of UNI getting in is they could be a last team in scenario and 'potentially' make a return trip to Fargo. NDSU would hate that!

jacksfan29
November 24th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Lost in the topic of UNI getting in is they could be a last team in scenario and 'potentially' make a return trip to Fargo. NDSU would hate that!

That's one of the selfish reasons I want UNI in. If they do it is more likely we go west and UNI heads up to Fargo. I'll take a shot at any team in the Big Fluffy before beating our heads against the wall trying to beat this Bison team.

KUlawJack
November 24th, 2013, 01:26 AM
That's one of the selfish reasons I want UNI in. If they do it is more likely we go west and UNI heads up to Fargo. I'll take a shot at any team in the Big Fluffy before beating our heads against the wall trying to beat this Bison team.

Seconded.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM
I want UNI to go knock off a team or 2 from the east coast.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM

Bring on UNI!!

Although for them to make it in the committee would have to put them in over teams that are 9-3 and 8-4.....would they do that? In UNI's favor is their wins over Iowa State and McNeese; those wins are pretty impressive but their 3-5 conference record might hurt them.

4 Valley teams is not out of the question.....xnodx

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Bring on UNI!!

Although for them to make it in the committee would have to put them in over teams that are 9-3 and 8-4.....would they do that? In UNI's favor is their wins over Iowa State and McNeese; those wins are pretty impressive but their 3-5 conference record might hurt them.

4 Valley teams is not out of the question.....xnodx

I think 2 is more likely than 4. But 3 is most likely.

Most likely 3. NDSU; SDSU; YSU
Second most likely 2. NDSU; SDSU
Second least likely 4. NDSU;SDSU; YSU; UNI
Least likely 3. NDSU; SDSU; UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I think 2 is more likely than 4. But 3 is most likely.

Most likely 3. NDSU; SDSU; YSU
Second most likely 2. NDSU; SDSU
Second least likely 4. NDSU;SDSU; YSU; UNI
Least likely 3. NDSU; SDSU; UNI

Kolpack and Izzo have 4 Valley teams in:

NDSU
SDSU
YSU
UNI

If the committee takes into consideration GPI then IMO, UNI is in.

It will be interesting.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM

NDSU
SDSU
YSU
UNI

It will be interesting.

For all we know they draw a giant box, place all of teams in smaller boxes inside this box, and have a cow **** on the at-larges.

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I like the idea that TSN had for a bracket.

UNI/Butler @ EIU

I'd love that.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
UNI is beyond the 400 mile limit from NDSU for mandatory ground travel so they'd be flying to Fargo. I'm thinking if it's a flight the committee will avoid intra-conference matchups because it doesn't cost much more to fly a team to Fargo from Cedar Falls than it would from elsewhere.

NDSU
SDSU
YSU
UNI

It will be interesting.
UNI has to feel pretty good looking at who they're going against. Jacksonville St, Samford, Chatty, Charleston Southern, South Carolina St. Not a lot of strength there and I'd guess there'll be at least 2 spots for the teams in that group along with UNI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 09:44 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree.

UNI has a very good chance of getting in.

clenz
November 24th, 2013, 09:48 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree.

UNI has a very good chance of getting in.
I assume Towson, Montana, NAU, McNeese, and SDSU are locks. That means that there are about 11 teams fighting for 8 spots SUU, YSU, UNI, Samford,Chatty, SHSU, TSU, JSU, Chuck South, Liberty, and UNH

If JSU, CSU and Liberty get in before UNI I give up on the playoff system

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I assume Towson, Montana, NAU, McNeese, and SDSU are locks. That means that there are about 11 teams fighting for 8 spots SUU, YSU, UNI, Samford,Chatty, SHSU, TSU, JSU, Chuck South, Liberty, and UNH

What sucks is that UNI would be 10-1 right now w/o all of their injuries and probably a #3 or #2 seed.

The Iowa State and McNeese wins are huge. Plus, IMO, UNI has some 'street credit' with their program.....traditional power from a power conference.

Your AD should be lobbying hard for UNI.

jacksfan29
November 24th, 2013, 10:27 AM

Totally agree. I think UNI deserves to get in, I also think SDSU should go west and not be forced to again play NDSU in round 2. However, I have a feeling that east coast bia, and weak conference love will likely win again.

DoubleE
November 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Wolford should be fired today. if not then the AD needs fired as well

DoubleE
November 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
only 2 schools from MVFC get in. NDSU and SDSU