PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff Race breakdown

knucklehead
November 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
A very nice Playoff picture breakdown from Chris Lang. (iaascribe)
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liberty_university/chris_lang_blog/article_edd45e50-4faa-11e3-94ae-0019bb30f31a.html

With one week left in the FCS season, the playoff picture is as muddled as I’ve seen it in years. Let’s break it down. (Plays montage from Breakin’ II, Electric Bugaloo in background ...)

knucklehead
November 18th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Bump. I was hoping to get some commentary on Lang's list of At Large contenders. There are some interesting arguments in that list. I for one am interested in some board feedback on an 8-4 Liberty (if they win at CSU) being in play for a bid. I still don't see it myself. I mean I think the shot is there, I just see it as very slim.

UNH Fanboi
November 18th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Bump. I was hoping to get some commentary on Lang's list of At Large contenders. There are some interesting arguments in that list. I for one am interested in some board feedback on an 8-4 Liberty (if they win at CSU) being in play for a bid. I still don't see it myself. I mean I think the shot is there, I just see it as very slim.

Liberty is out because of the 2 non-D1 wins and an overall weak schedule.

ccd494
November 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Probably shouldn't play two D-II's if you are going to lose four games.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I don't think Liberty or SCSU would have much of a shot even if they win this weekend. Too many other good teams from better conferences with similar records.

knucklehead
November 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I have trouble seeing it myself, but I can dream. In 2008 LU went 10-2 with 2 DII wins. So that makes 8-2 with wins over #22 YSU and #13 Elon, and they did not get a bid. this year there are 8 more bids available than in 2008 and there are a lot of losses happening late in the season to a lot of teams in the #15 to #35 range. I think the only shot is for that trend to continue this weekend and for LU to beat CSU. Again I see it as slim.

rokamortis
November 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I don't think Liberty or SCSU would have much of a shot even if they win this weekend. Too many other good teams from better conferences with similar records.

SCSU has a better case than Liberty. With a couple of down leagues the MEAC might get an at-large.