PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State vs Southeastern Louisiana Highlights

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Highlights of the Lions 34-21 victory over the SHSU Bearkats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevryfntcqI

sharkeycox
November 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
what is the extent of Bearkat QB Bell's injury?

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2013, 10:28 AM
what is the extent of Bearkat QB Bell's injury?

Looked like a broken clavicle when it happened... I had the exact same injury in the exact same fashion and had a flashback the moment I saw it. I feel for the young man... Tremendous competitor and leader!

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Looked like a broken clavicle when it happened... I had the exact same injury in the exact same fashion and had a flashback the moment I saw it. I feel for the young man... Tremendous competitor and leader!

He is kind of a pussy, it showed during both NC games. The broken clavicle sucks though.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Those who were maligning Samford for taking a close loss to SELA should reconsider now.

He is kind of a pussy, it showed during both NC games. The broken clavicle sucks though.

GSU doesn't execute as well as SHSU does, makes more mistakes, doesn't pass as well, and had to play NDSU in Fargo. Yet we still fared better offensively against NDSU in both 2011 and 2012. IMO that's just because GSU is a more physical team and SHSU plays that Oregon-esque finesse offense.

Texas
November 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Those who were maligning Samford for taking a close loss to SELA should reconsider now.
I'm not a Bell fan, but damn you guys were taking his lunch every play. Not exactly just gently sitting him down by any means.

Everyone has underestimated them and SDSU game should have been a win for them but too many mistakes.

Darlinikki150
November 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Agree, the first hit he took at the NC last year looked like the first time he had been sacked. I'm not a fan either, I think he's a little overrated and physically to small to be effective in a hard hitting game. However I never like seeing a player get hurt, I hope it isn't serious and he can play Again.

fmrbearkat
November 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Are you joking?? He is a running quarterback and this is the first major injury he's ever had!! The ONLY other time he came out of a game was against NDSU for 1 play!! He got rocked the entire freaking game too! He is not very big and is damn tough to run as much as he has no never miss significant time! When he got hurt Saturday it was after a 30ish yard run and was tackled awkwardly and fell on his shoulder. Calling him a pussy is a stretch!

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Are you joking?? He is a running quarterback and this is the first major injury he's ever had!! The ONLY other time he came out of a game was against NDSU for 1 play!! He got rocked the entire freaking game too! He is not very big and is damn tough to run as much as he has no never miss significant time! When he got hurt Saturday it was after a 30ish yard run and was tackled awkwardly and fell on his shoulder. Calling him a pussy is a stretch!

Brian Bell is a winner in every sense of the word and a class human being!! Not sure how many Kat fans know this but he was originally committed to us ... his father and Mike Lucas go way back and we thought we were going to get him. We had also signed the Louisiana Player of the Year (Gavin Webster) in the same class and Bell made the wise decision to attend Sam instead. As it turned out, Webster never played a down for the Lions.

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2012/01/sam-houston-state-middle-finger.jpg

That's what SHSU players think of your response.

lionsrking2
November 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM
More extensive highlights from our video crew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecxv8VqyDPo

sharkeycox
November 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
so says the fat armchair quarterback.