PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 13

carney2
November 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
An actual championship game without if, if, if…

Week 13 – November 23, 2013

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS

LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH

FORDHAM @ COLGATE

BUCKNELL @ VMI

Patriot League vs. OOC:

AAC 1-0
CAA 3-5
Ivy 8-8
Mountain West 0-1
NEC 4-5
Pioneer 2-1

Most Impressive Win of the Week:

Lafayette 27, Fordham 14 – If you haven’t looked at the Pards in the Drew Reed Era, you’d better sneak a peek before knee-jerking a Lehigh pick this week.

Most Disappointing Loss of the Week:

Lehigh 31, Colgate 14 – From the top of the mountain to also ran in one short week.

Standings (Fordham counts):

Fordham 10-1, 4-1
Lafayette 4-6, 4-1
Lehigh 8-2, 3-2
Colgate 4-7, 3-2
Bucknell 5-5, 3-3
Holy Cross 3-8, 1-4
Georgetown 1-9, 0-5

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 09:22 PM
NO CO! NO CO! NO CO!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM
NO CO! NO CO! NO CO!

Ibid.

Sader87
November 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM
GTown-Holy Cross in the Jesuit Toilet Bowl Classic.......feel the excitement!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 11:22 PM
GTown-Holy Cross in the Jesuit Toilet Bowl Classic.......feel the excitement!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aMcbG1e02b8/TMsEFLntn8I/AAAAAAAAAuA/EBK0mRJLu2I/s1600/frsarducci.gif

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
So we made it. This is the week everyone has been waiting for, Holy Cross vs Gerogetown, Bucknell vs VMI. Can Pujals lead his team to victory against the stifling Gtown National Defense? Can Bucknell get us to 19-20 in OOC matchups this year against an improving VMI squad? If you can't get hyped for these games, then you just shouldn't call yourself a football fan.

Skyhawk71
November 17th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Georgetown @ Holy Cross
Lafayette @ Lehigh
Fordham @ Colgate
Bucknell @ VMI

DFW HOYA
November 17th, 2013, 09:25 AM
So we made it. This is the week everyone has been waiting for, Holy Cross vs Gerogetown, Bucknell vs VMI. Can Pujals lead his team to victory against the stifling Gtown National Defense? Can Bucknell get us to 19-20 in OOC matchups this year against an improving VMI squad? If you can't get hyped for these games, then you just shouldn't call yourself a football fan.

Easy for a Lehigh fan to say, but these teams are staggering to the finish line.

Holy Cross has won five games in two seasons, the fewest wins since the Dan Allen era. Tom Gilmore is all of 56-55 in his eight years at Mt. St. James.

Georgetown has also won five games in two seasons, but have lost 13 of its last 16, 10 by more than 20+ points.With a Holy Cross win Saturday, Kevin Kelly will have lost 64 games in eight seasons, or an even eight a year. Bob Benson also lost 64 games, but he won 50 more over his 13 year tenure from 1993 through 2005 (72-64 versus 22-64). The Hoyas have gone from an eight win team in 2011 to five in 2012 to one in 2013. The prospects for 2014 are even dimmer, as the Hoyas lose 21 of 26 seniors from its extended two deep, including three of its four top running backs and four of its top six receivers. There's no hype for this game on either side of Fitton Field.

As for Bucknell, playing at VMI in the finale has all the excitement of Colgate finishing at Gardner-Webb. The two schools have met only once before, in 1978. The Keydets are 2-9 with a single D-I win all season, and lost the Silver Shako yet again to the Citadel. VMI has lost six straight times to the Bulldogs and 18 of the last 26. Hard to expect any interest from the crowd in Lexington over the Bison.

The Patriot League does its level best to make sure one, and only one game, stands above all the rest. For somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright; The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light; Somewhere Leopards are laughing, and somewhere Engineers shout; but beyond the Lehigh Valley, the football season is all but out.

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Easy for a Lehigh fan to say, but these teams are staggering to the finish line.

Holy Cross has won five games in two seasons, the fewest wins since the Dan Allen era. Tom Gilmore is all of 56-55 in his eight years at Mt. St. James.

Georgetown has also won five games in two seasons, but have lost 13 of its last 16, 10 by more than 20+ points.With a Holy Cross win Saturday, Kevin Kelly will have lost 64 games in eight seasons, or an even eight a year. Bob Benson also lost 64 games, but he won 50 more over his 13 year tenure from 1993 through 2005 (72-64 versus 22-64). The Hoyas have gone from an eight win team in 2011 to five in 2012 to one in 2013. The prospects for 2014 are even dimmer, as the Hoyas lose 21 of 26 seniors from its extended two deep, including three of its four top running backs and four of its top six receivers. There's no hype for this game on either side of Fitton Field.

As for Bucknell, playing at VMI in the finale has all the excitement of Colgate finishing at Gardner-Webb. The two schools have met only once before, in 1978. The Keydets are 2-9 with a single D-I win all season, and lost the Silver Shako yet again to the Citadel. VMI has lost six straight times to the Bulldogs and 18 of the last 26. Hard to expect any interest from the crowd in Lexington over the Bison.

The Patriot League does its level best to make sure one, and only one game, stands above all the rest. For somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright; The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light; Somewhere Leopards are laughing, and somewhere Engineers shout; but beyond the Lehigh Valley, the football season is all but out.

Lighten up. The reason Lehigh Lafayette is a big deal this year is because its for the league title and both teams have fewer losses in conference than the rest. Outside of the valley and maybe #150, no one really cares about the rivalry that much. Lehigh and Laf have earned the spotlight this year. I understand your concern about the league and the end of year scheduling, but what really creates new rivalries are wins. If HC/Gtown/Bucknell consistently had winning teams, natural rivalries would ensue.

ColgateTD
November 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Lighten up. The reason Lehigh Lafayette is a big deal this year is because its for the league title and both teams have fewer losses in conference than the rest. Outside of the valley and maybe #150, no one really cares about the rivalry that much. Lehigh and Laf have earned the spotlight this year. I understand your concern about the league and the end of year scheduling, but what really creates new rivalries are wins. If HC/Gtown/Bucknell consistently had winning teams, natural rivalries would ensue.

We have consistently winning teams and we draw FU as our final game?? HC-'Gate would be a better fit, but not gonna happen soon.

This has been a topsy-turvey season in the PL for sure. How many of us posters thought it would come down to LU-LC for the title back in August? Unbelieveable.

Just want to thank the Lehigh band for coming to play in the 'Gate men's room at halftime yesterday while I did business at the urinal. It made the half the most exciting part of the day.

DFW HOYA
November 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
We have consistently winning teams and we draw FU as our final game?? HC-'Gate would be a better fit, but not gonna happen soon.

There's nothing wrong with protected rivalries--Michigan and Ohio State should never be playing in week 6, nor does anyone want to see Alabama and Auburn in mid-October. Lehigh and Lafayette is a protected rivalry in the PL scheduling office, let's all be up front and admit it.

By why not Colgate and Holy Cross? This year marked the 76th meeting, played annually since 1933 with only a handful of gaps (including HC's suspended 1969 season). How many I-AA schools outside of in-state rivalries and the Ivy League can match this? (And yes, the teams have won a lot of games over those years). But look at the rotation the PL has put the Red Raiders and Crusaders through in recent years:

10-22-2005 - Week 8
11-11-2006 - Week 11
11-17-2007 - Week 12
11-22-2008 - Week 12
10-24-2009 - Week 8
10-23-2010 - Week 8
09-10-2011 - Week 2
10-13-2012 - Week 7
10-19-2013 - Week 8

A big game in Hamilton or Worcester in the third or fourth weekend of November doesn't hurt a game in Bethlehem or Easton, but that appears on first glance, to be the view from Center Valley. So here's the simplest schedule option yet for the final week of the season:

Lehigh-Lafayette
Colgate-Holy Cross
Georgetown-Fordham
Bucknell-Duquesne

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM

Don't you mean excrement?

How about: Georgetown vs. Holy Cross: The Bitter Bowl... great publicity opportunities there...

Sader87
November 17th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I think football fans of both of these fine institutions would like to exorcise memories of these last two years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3wNfw3iYY

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2013, 03:02 PM

This has been a topsy-turvey season in the PL for sure. How many of us posters thought it would come down to LU-LC for the title back in August? Unbelieveable.

Just want to thank the Lehigh band for coming to play in the 'Gate men's room at halftime yesterday while I did business at the urinal. It made the half the most exciting part of the day.

Notice I didn't include Colgate in my winning consistently diatribe. Colgate has developed a pretty good rivalry with Lehigh the last 15 years, it just isn't played on the final wknd. If Holy Cross, for example, also won like Colgate did, the potential is there for that rivalry to develop. Unfortunately, most of the games they have played haven't meant much in recent times. Doesn't really matter what week of the season you play if the games means jack squat.

Sader87
November 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Notice I didn't include Colgate in my winning consistently diatribe. Colgate has developed a pretty good rivalry with Lehigh the last 15 years, it just isn't played on the final wknd. If Holy Cross, for example, also won like Colgate did, the potential is there for that rivalry to develop. Unfortunately, most of the games they have played haven't meant much in recent times. Doesn't really matter what week of the season you play if the games means jack squat.

By your moniker '98, I'm guessing you aren't that old (or younger than old geezers like myself here) but just in their FCS era, Colgate and Holy Cross have played very important games (i.e. both teams in the Top 10, ABC TV games-- when that was a pretty big thing, crowds of 20K+ for Gate at Fitton etc).

Granted, HC football was very much in a funk for the "decade" of 1993-2004 but the HC-Gate games in the late 2000s decided the PL Championship many years.

Not demeaning LU-LC but there are "other rivalries" in the PL.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Yes, but wouldn't having HC-Gate on the same weekend as LC-LU negate your entire premise of highlighting HC-Gate as a rivalry?

Play it the previous week of LC-LU... but yes I know what you mean... have it on the same week each year.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Yes, but wouldn't having HC-Gate on the same weekend as LC-LU negate your entire premise of highlighting HC-Gate as a rivalry?

Play it the previous week of LC-LU... but yes I know what you mean... have it on the same week each year.

Not sure I follow why playing on the same weekend as LU-LC would take away from Gate-Cross game. I am also not sure why the league would care that they play that weekend? While I care how other teams do, I really do not care who they are playing if I am busy watching Lehigh. If I am not watching Lehigh, sure a better game is preferred so I am interested in watching, but trust me next weekend I won't care who else is playing.

LehighU11
November 17th, 2013, 04:07 PM

It seems like the league is more interested in promoting Lehigh-Colgate as a rivalry game than HC-Gate. In all honesty, LU-Gate has been a much better rivalry lately. 2014 marks the third straight year that Lehigh and Colgate will meet on the season's penultimate weekend.

Ivytalk
November 17th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Georgetown @ Holy Cross
Lafayette @ Lehigh
Fordham @ Colgate
Bucknell @ VMI

Sounds good to me.

ngineer
November 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
If Hoyas bring an intense defense, they can beat the Crusaders. Though I have to go with the team with the better QB. Holy Cross 21-17

As for Fordham, is Nebrich playing? If not, I got with the Raiders. I cannot imagine a Colgate team under Biddle going winless at home. Scenario A, Raiders, 27-24. Scenario B, with Nebrich, the Rams finish it out and make the playoffs, 41-24.

Bison want to finish strong in their building for next year. VMI improved, but not enough. Bucknell, 35-17

If both LC and LU bring their best, Lehigh wins on better depth. Lots of rotation going on and Lehigh's Defense is revamped. No longer the ol' 3-4. Leotards will certainly come in psyched as hell. Frank took a 5-6 team to the playoffs a number of years ago and will have his troops believing they too can do it. Will come down to who wins the turnover game, and who makes the least mistakes. Should be a slobberknocker. Lehigh 34-27.

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2013, 08:55 PM
If Hoyas bring an intense defense, they can beat the Crusaders. Though I have to go with the team with the better QB. Holy Cross 21-17

As for Fordham, is Nebrich playing? If not, I got with the Raiders. I cannot imagine a Colgate team under Biddle going winless at home. Scenario A, Raiders, 27-24. Scenario B, with Nebrich, the Rams finish it out and make the playoffs, 41-24.

Bison want to finish strong in their building for next year. VMI improved, but not enough. Bucknell, 35-17

If both LC and LU bring their best, Lehigh wins on better depth. Lots of rotation going on and Lehigh's Defense is revamped. No longer the ol' 3-4. Leotards will certainly come in psyched as hell. Frank took a 5-6 team to the playoffs a number of years ago and will have his troops believing they too can do it. Will come down to who wins the turnover game, and who makes the least mistakes. Should be a slobberknocker. Lehigh 34-27.

Your confusing the reality. Frank never went into the playoffs with a 5-6 record. His 1994 team DID win Patriot title in 1994 with that record, starting 0-6 in OOC games and then sweeping the Patriot, including a final game upset of Lehigh, 54-20. This was 10 years before the autobid was awarded to the Patriot champ, first starting in 2004 when Lafayette faced Delaware as Patriot winner in the first round.

FordhamFan
November 17th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Pretty sure Neebs is a go for this week. He was emergency QB this past week, which means he was obviously healthy enough to play if Maetzold had gone down. Rumor has it Nebrich was very upset they didn't give him the go ahead. Guess the logic was if he was healthy enough to be emergency back up he could've played. I dunno, but I'd bet my left nut Nebrich plays Saturday in Hamilton.

van
November 18th, 2013, 08:16 AM
HOLY CROSS, Hoyas are really bad

LEHIGH, Pards coming on with frosh QB, but home team rules

FORDHAM, just too many athletes to lose to limping gaters

BUCKNELL, should be no contest

Bill
November 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Last week's tremendous performance by the Lepers dropped me to 35-17 on the year. At .673 for the year....pretty good winning %. Here is one final shot for 2013:

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS - unless they're playing Lehigh, I always pull for Gilmore's squad.

LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH - - let's get a PL team with a winning record in the playoffs....

FORDHAM @ COLGATE - I'd like to see Fordham QB return...and for the Rams to finish strong entering the playoffs.

BUCKNELL @ VMI - PL through and through....

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Fordham over Gate. Hopeful for healthy Nebrich going into playoffs

Lehigh over Lepers. Lots of ifs,as usual this season, but LU will squeak one out.
Cross over Hoyas
Bison over VMI. A winning season for Bison.

World
November 18th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Georgetown @ Holy Cross
Lafayette @ Lehigh
Fordham @ Colgate
Bucknell @ VMI

carney2
November 18th, 2013, 02:57 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS

LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH

FORDHAM @ COLGATE

BUCKNELL @ VMI

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 03:38 PM
c2 is the only person who has picked the Pards so far...

Sader87
November 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM

Can you wait until Thursday????

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2013, 03:50 PM

You seemed more concerned about who thinks/wants Laf to win. All the prognosticators in the world won't save the Leopards Saturday.

TheValleyRaider
November 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
The end is here, how quickly as always. 1-2 last weekend, 33-22 for the season. Unimpressive, all things considered, but still well above water

Georgetown at Holy Cross Holy Cross Two Catholic schools passing in the afternoon... HC finishes up a disappointing campaign, though an improvement over last year's disaster, and one crowned with the hope of Pujals' continued improvement going forward. The Crusaders need more skill all around their team, but if they really have the most important piece, that's a big step forward going into next year. Georgetown, also disappointing, though now comes the foreboding dread that the dark future of scholarships for the rest of the League is at least here, and sans Hoyas. Lots of seniors playing their last for the blue and gray, lots of experience not coming back next year. I hate to be so depressing about it, but I couldn't blame the DC faithful for feeling so.

Lafayette at Lehigh Lehigh Twas ever thus, at least in LV dreams, the rivalry game for the League title. This looks to be as closely matched a game as the two ancient rivals have had in several years, and fingers crossed we get rewarded with a suitable classic. Interesting stat, the two teams to beat Lehigh this year (Bucknell and Fordham) both suffered losses at the hands of Lafayette. Before the Leopard faithful get too excited, though, two of their losses (Colgate and Princeton) were Hawk victories. Two freshman QBs with bright futures, two skill-position players whose names are pronounced "Sherman," two tough defense, the comparisons go on and on (as, no doubt, will their pregame thread). In the end, with no disrespect to the predicted vanquished, I'll take the Hawks, as I trust their coaching staff to better find and stick to play calls that work.

Fordham at Colgate Colgate The Raiders finally ran out of steam in their repeat bid, falling to Lehigh and failing to prevent the rivalry game of the century of the week. Our bad everyone. All that's left now is to ruin Fordham's season. Wait, Lafayette already did that? Fudge. I guess being the final game for a good senior class will have to provide enough ammunition for the Raiders this week. Oh, and not becoming the first Colgate squad since the infamous 1995 team to go 0-fer at Andy Kerr. That would be nice too. The Rams no longer have the unbeaten campaign to play for, though it will be curious to see how they play Nebrich coming off his injury. Even at 10-2, the Rams' postseason birth is secure, so you wonder if maybe guys get a little more rest than usual. Or not, but it's good to have hope.

Bucknell at VMI Bucknell Big turnaround this year for the Bison, as suddenly there was a reason to keep an eye on Matthewson Memorial into November. Alas, early losses kept the Bison out of the hunt in the end, but that's probably further than most outside of Lewisburg would have predicted. A traditionally tough defense aided by a healthy senior QB will do wonders for a program. And recruiting last year may have turned up some bodies to keep the progress going. All that is in the future though, and now comes the part where the Bison must finish the job and grab a winning record (for the second time in three years, no less). What better place to do it than lovely Lexington, against another struggling VMI team? Just think, the Keydet name has been thrown out there as a PL expansion candidate. Doesn't mean anything in this context, and the Bison already finish above .500 in PL play for the first time since 2004.

UNHWildcat18
November 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
For the sake of UNH's playoff hopes (yes we have to beat Maine) please Lehigh Just win....... Please.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 07:03 PM
For the sake of UNH's playoff hopes (yes we have to beat Maine) please Lehigh Just win....... Please.

I'll be rooting for UNH. Hopefully we'll do our best to keep you alive

carney2
November 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM

Not a homer pick, although I confess that I would have made one if it came to that. All you people who have, and will, make knee-jerk picks because of the 8 wins vs. 4 wins, ranked vs. unranked, general year in and year out recognition, etc., etc. need to look a little closer. The Pards of the Drew Reed (freshman QB) era are for real. They have blown out 3 of the 4 teams they've played and were Frankosaured into a loss in the 4th. Frank Tavani is the biggest obstacle that the Pards have to overcome on Saturday, and it is formidable.

Oh yeah, has anyone noticed that, as of today Lafayette will have played 6 ranked teams (Coach's Poll) this year in their 11 games?

11 Fordham
15 Lehigh
19 Princeton
20 William & Mary
26 Harvard
31 Sacred Heart

Sader87
November 19th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Not making my picks just yet, creature of habit that I am, they are posted every Thursday....but I've been on record here and elsewhere that I believe Lafayette has been the best (Fordham included) PL team over the last month or so.

We didn't see the resurgent Bucknell 11, but having played Fordham, Lehigh and Lafayette over the last month, I don't think there's any question that the Pards were the best overall team (i.e. both lines, best back (Schuermann sp?), best receiver (Moss) etc) we played in that time frame. Fordham with Nebrich has a very potent offense but they aren't as complete a team as Lafayette.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Not a homer pick, although I confess that I would have made one if it came to that. All you people who have, and will, make knee-jerk picks because of the 8 wins vs. 4 wins, ranked vs. unranked, general year in and year out recognition, etc., etc. need to look a little closer. The Pards of the Drew Reed (freshman QB) era are for real. They have blown out 3 of the 4 teams they've played and were Frankosaured into a loss in the 4th. Frank Tavani is the biggest obstacle that the Pards have to overcome on Saturday, and it is formidable.

Oh yeah, has anyone noticed that, as of today Lafayette will have played 6 ranked teams (Coach's Poll) this year in their 11 games?

11 Fordham
15 Lehigh
19 Princeton
20 William & Mary
26 Harvard
31 Sacred Heart

Me too! Pards to win!!

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Not making my picks just yet, creature of habit that I am, they are posted every Thursday....but I've been on record here and elsewhere that I believe Lafayette has been the best (Fordham included) PL team over the last month or so.

We didn't see the resurgent Bucknell 11, but having played Fordham, Lehigh and Lafayette over the last month, I don't think there's any question that the Pards were the best overall team (i.e. both lines, best back (Schuermann sp?), best receiver (Moss) etc) we played in that time frame. Fordham with Nebrich has a very potent offense but they aren't as complete a team as Lafayette.

That's unpossible Sader87. LehighTUowl said Lehigh has the best players at every position. They have a RB who is slightly better than average after all.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
That's unpossible Sader87. LehighTUowl said Lehigh has the best players at every position. They have a RB who is slightly better than average after all.

LOL, you're too funny....

RichH2
November 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
LOL, you're too funny....
FT finally admits that Pard RB is "slightly above average" since their stats are identical. His basic argument seems to be that Pard players are better because he says they are. Been quite a while since we have had such evenly matched squads in a Champioship tilt.

Sader87
November 19th, 2013, 11:57 AM
For the record, has anyone picked Georgetown to win a PL game all year here? Has that ever happened before since you've done this at AGS i.e. no one picked a team to win all year (in PL play anyway)???

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
FT finally admits that Pard RB is "slightly above average" since their stats are identical. His basic argument seems to be that Pard players are better because he says they are. Been quite a while since we have had such evenly matched squads in a Champioship tilt.

Has Mr. Owl watched one Lafayetet game all year? He seems to be the expert.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Has Mr. Owl watched one Lafayetet game all year? He seems to be the expert.

An expert? I just posted stats xpeacex

And Yes, I saw the Princeton and Harvard games. I watch everyone....

ColgateTD
November 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Holy Cross over G'town - Pujols will hit another home run as the Hoyas run for the PL exits.

Bucknell over VMI - Surging Bison cap their comeback season in sunny Virginia.

Lafayette over Lehigh - Last year I picked LU, so I'm taking c2's advice and really believe the Leopards - and Reed - have the horses to take the championship.

Colgate over Fordham - Nebbish or not, it would make sense for the Rams' first string to warm the pine this week, and play their subs. 'Gate alums will not stand for a Biddle team losing all of this season's home games, especially after Biddlehead Day went so sour.

38-17 so far

carney2
November 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
For the record, has anyone picked Georgetown to win a PL game all year here? Has that ever happened before since you've done this at AGS i.e. no one picked a team to win all year (in PL play anyway)???

I haven't been keeping track, but probably not. In terms of being picked, the Hoyas got screwed by the schedule. Their first 3 Patriot League games were Fordham, Lehigh and Colgate in that order. After Colgate they were 1-7 and looking absolutely dreadful. No Georgetown picks after that.

Fordham
November 20th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Lafayette

Sader87
November 20th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Lafayette

LOL....I saw that coming a mile away....

ngineer
November 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Holy Cross over G'town - Pujols will hit another home run as the Hoyas run for the PL exits.

Lafayette over Lehigh - Last year I picked LU, so I'm taking c2's advice and really believe the Leopards - and Reed - have the horses to take the championship.

Colgate over Fordham - Nebbish or not, it would make sense for the Rams' first string to warm the pine this week, and play their subs. 'Gate alums will not stand for a Biddle team losing all of this season's home games, especially after Biddlehead Day went so sour.

38-17 so far

????Why would FU rest the first string. After last week's debacle, they have to win to have a shot at an at-large bid. Two losses will not cut it.

ngineer
November 20th, 2013, 09:48 PM

11 Fordham
15 Lehigh
19 Princeton
20 William & Mary
26 Harvard
31 Sacred Heart

"ranked teams"....At one time there was The Top Ten; then it was expanded to the Top Twenty. Last I saw the polls went down to #25. If you play this out far enough everyone LC played this year can be 'ranked'.

Sader87
November 20th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I think they're in even with a loss to Colgate.....they'd probably be out in a 16 team field though. That being said, I'm sure the Rams play to win in Hamilton Saturday i.e. play their starters and maybe even Nebrich if available.

ngineer
November 20th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Keith Sherman is about 80 yards from 1,000. You have to go back a-ways to find the last Mountain Hawk who rushed for 1,000 yards. Over recent years, we've gone with a tandem, who together had over 1,000. Have to do a little research on this.

ngineer
November 20th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Keith Sherman is about 80 yards from 1,000. You have to go back a-ways to find the last Mountain Hawk who rushed for 1,000 yards. Over recent years, we've gone with a tandem, who together had over 1,000. Have to do a little research on this.

Found it ...Jermaine Pugh aka "The Water Bug" was Lehigh's last 1,000 yard plus rusher in 2002. Only about 9 players in Lehigh's history to achieve that plateau!

LehighU11
November 20th, 2013, 10:08 PM

Already did it on Saturday...

"Sherman could top 1000 yards rushing on the season next week. Currently sitting on 923. Pugh was the last player to run for 1000+ for Lehigh, back in 2002...1339 in 12 games.

Kurfis is also just 4 receptions shy of Spadola's record 96 in 2011. Should be able to move past Cecchini for 2nd most receiving yards in a season."

ColgateTD
November 21st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Found it ...Jermaine Pugh aka "The Water Bug" was Lehigh's last 1,000 yard plus rusher in 2002. Only about 9 players in Lehigh's history to achieve that plateau!

I believe Nate Eachus and Jordan McCord were multiple 1,000 yard rushers for us in the last few seasons. That was our weakness this year - no guy who could move the pile, thus taking away one of McCarney's best options.

If you go back far enough Jacques McKinnon, Mark Van Eagan, Kenny Gamble, and Marv Hubbard - all of whom played pro ball - probably had several 1,000+ yards each of their seasons in the maroon and white/gray.

(I'm only posting this to break up the LU/HC/LC monopoly on this thread...heh-heh.)

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM

38-17 so far

Thx TD! What did they do with the bobbleheads after the game - throw them at Dick? I found it amusing that they had the PL trophy in his hand too! I can imagine Andy Coen, having secured one, holding it up pregame in the locker room and using it as a motivator!!

Sader87
November 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM
Last picks of the year. The HAL-9000 is still in the shop giving their IT people a bunch of grief, so I alone will make this week's fateful choices. It will probably take at least a 4-0 week to get me even into contention, here goes nuttin':

Lafayette 30 Lehigh 27 A classic game befitting a classic rivalry. The Reed-led Pards have been the best team in the PL in my eyes and the Easton faithful are overdue to win in this series.

Fordham 34 Colgate 21 The Rams rebound in Hamilton and await their fate, like Lafayette, on when and where they continue their season.

Bucknell 20 VMI 14 General Wesley leads his men to victory in the Shenandoah Valley over the Keydets....capping off a successful, winning campaign in 2013 for the Bison.

Holy Cross 38 Georgetown 6 Crusaders take out a season's worth of frustration on a floundering Hoya 11 in getting both their 1st win at Fitton on the year and a victorious Senior Day send-off.

CFBfan
November 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Last picks of the year. The HAL-9000 is still in the shop giving their IT people a bunch of grief, so I alone will make this week's fateful choices. It will probably take at least a 4-0 week to get me even into contention, here goes nuttin':

Lafayette 30 Lehigh 27 A classic game befitting a classic rivalry. The Reed-led Pards have been the best team in the PL in my eyes and the Easton faithful are overdue to win in this series.

Fordham 34 Colgate 21 The Rams rebound in Hamilton and await their fate, like Lafayette, on when and where they continue their season.

Bucknell 20 VMI 14 General Wesley leads his men to victory in the Shenandoah Valley over the Keydets....capping off a successful, winning campaign in 2013 for the Bison.

Holy Cross 38 Georgetown 6 Crusaders take out a season's worth of frustration on a floundering Hoya 11 in getting both their 1st win at Fitton on the year and a victorious Senior Day send-off.

Cross and Gate are both looking for their FIRST (and ONLY) hoem win of the year.....wow!!!

carney2
November 21st, 2013, 03:48 PM
everyone LC played this year can be 'ranked'.

I told you it was a tough schedule.

Sader87
November 21st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Cross and Gate are both looking for their FIRST (and ONLY) home win of the year.....wow!!!

Yeah....combination of playing some of our better opponents at home (Towson, Harvard and Lafayette) as well as blowing late leads in some games (Harvard and Colgate).

It probably has been awhile, probably when both were down in the 1990s, that neither HC nor Gate have not won at home this late in the season.

ColgateTD
November 21st, 2013, 08:11 PM
It probably has been awhile, probably when both were down in the 1990s, that neither HC nor Gate have not won at home this late in the season.

I believe it was in 1995 when 'Gate went 0-11 that we never won on home turf.

ColgateTD
November 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Note to fans from the Bronx traveling to Hamilton: expect typical upstate November cloudiness/snow showers/rain showers for the game. Might just be intermitant, but I know you FU fans are not used to Hamilton, NY cold weather in late Nov. :) Game time temps expected around 35-40.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
34-21 On the year....

Holy Cross 27 Georgetown 10 - The Crusaders will be able to finish out the year with a win....

Fordham 41 Colgate 20 - Koonce should run the ball 40 times! There's no way the undersized 'Gate D can stop the Rams offense if Nebrich plays.

Bucknell 24 VMI 17 - The Bison cap what should be considered a successful year. A win and BU will carry quite a bit of momentum into next year imo....

Lehigh 30 Lafayette 24 - If Lehigh wins the TO battle and can score 27+ points they'll be able to win imo.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Rain in Lehigh Valley should be over by 2 a.m. on Saturday. One of the coaches confirmed that the field will be covered, so although the hillside behind the south end zone may be wet, the field will be dry. Temps to be around 50 with sunshine by afternoon.

Leopard Loyalist
November 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
35-20 for the year so far. Not great, not horrible.

Lafayette over Lehigh: Both teams have provided evidence that this could go either way. Understandably, I am picking the Pards, who may finally have gotten their act together.
Fordham over Colgate: Colgate's season is over, Fordham wants to make the most of what lies ahead.
Holy Cross over Georgetown: When will the Hoyas win another Patriot League game?
Bucknell over VMI: Good to have the Bison back on track.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Rain in Lehigh Valley should be over by 2 a.m. on Saturday. One of the coaches confirmed that the field will be covered, so although the hillside behind the south end zone may be wet, the field will be dry. Temps to be around 50 with sunshine by afternoon.

Sun should be out at dawn... but cold. Windy. Should be a nice day.

FordhamFan
November 22nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Note to fans from the Bronx traveling to Hamilton: expect typical upstate November cloudiness/snow showers/rain showers for the game. Might just be intermitant, but I know you FU fans are not used to Hamilton, NY cold weather in late Nov. :) Game time temps expected around 35-40.

We'll be ready :)

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Well, this is it:

Holy Cross 28, Georgetown 10... if Hoyas win, Sader87 wishes he skipped this season...

Fordham 45, Colgate 24... stop pretending... Fordham is going to roll big time

Bucknell 23, VMI 10... a nice ending to the season.

Lafayette 33, Lehigh 30... more blind faith than anything. I still think Lehigh has the edge and more likely to win, considering the Frankosaurus and big game and comeback experience. But, I think we somehow find a way to win. Plus, Shafinsky has yet to get much experience and surely has not face a defense quite like ours just yet. MVP: Schuerman.

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Some lines:

Lehigh -4.5

Holy Cross -22

Fordham -14.5

Bucknell -7.5

Harvard -8

Princeton -10.5

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Lehigh 32, Lafayette 30
Fordham 38, Colgate 14
Georgetown 24, Holy Cross 16 - playing a hunch
Bucknell 55, VMI 13

PAllen
November 23rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
Holy Cross by a lot
Fordham by more
Bucknell by a ton
Lehigh by not as much

carney2
November 23rd, 2013, 07:10 AM
I offer an old English prayer to comfort my fellow Pards:

From the mind of The Frankosaurus deliver us, oh Lord.

See you at Badman.

CrusaderBob
November 23rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell
HC

Gate83
November 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
'Gate only playing 4 seniors today, and some of them in limited roles. McCarney is out. Going to get a good lood at the freshmen... and a Fordham team that hopefully has some legs in the playoffs. There's also a men's hoops game that starts at 2, so if the game gets out of hand and/or it gets too cold for our friends from the Bronx, c'mon inside & root for Raider roundball!

Bogus Megapardus
November 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Week 13 Sportsbook:

Harvard (-8) at Yale o/u 62

Lehigh (-4˝) vs Lafayette o/u 57˝

Penn (-18˝) vs Cornell o/u 56˝

Fordham (-15˝) at Colgate o/u 62

Brown (-22˝) at Columbia o/u 37˝

Bucknell (-8˝) at VMI o/u 39

Princeton (-11˝) at Dartmouth o/u 62˝

Holy Cross (-22) vs Georgetown o/u 55˝

Gater
November 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Colgate Offense is down:
All American QB
All League FB
#1 RB
#2 RB
Starting Center
Starting Guard
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5 Receivers

There are no seniors in the two deep on offense and only one junior is starting.
The D is missing a few starters but nothing like the O. Not sure how good the team would have been with guys healthy but it's been a tough year for the ol' 'gate.

Fordham
November 23rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Bucknell
Fordham
Georgetown
Lafayette
Whoa! I think this helps me finish the year undefeated!!!

ColgateTD
November 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Congrats to Lafayette on becomming the PL Champs! Way to go Leopards. Thanks to Carney2 for running this year's thread again. Looks like I won with a 40-19 record on the season.

Good luck to the Leopards and Rams in the playoffs...and the Engineers if they make it.

Lehigh'98
November 24th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Lost in the Lehigh Lafayette game was Georgetown getting its first league win......Congrats Hoyas, happy their seniors got a win on their way out the door.

Bill
November 24th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks to Carney2 for running this year's thread again. Looks like I won with a 40-19 record on the season.

(Think Lee Corso)..."not so fast my friend!". TD, are you sure about your record? With my pathetic performance last week, I finished at 37-19...where did your extra 3 wins come from? You weren't pulling a LFN and counting "BYE" as wins, were you :)

carney2
November 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
(Think Lee Corso)..."not so fast my friend!". TD, are you sure about your record? With my pathetic performance last week, I finished at 37-19...where did your extra 3 wins come from? You weren't pulling a LFN and counting "BYE" as wins, were you :)

I was 56-0. You can look it up.