18. UC Davis Aggies 2-3 583 16
19. Central Connecticut Blue Devils 5-1 555 23
20. Alabama A&M Bulldogs 4-1 548 24
21. San Diego Toreros 5-0 457 25
22. Towson Tigers 4-1 417 17
23. Maine Black Bears 3-2 400 NR
24. Princeton Tigers 4-0 382 NR
25. Portland State Vikings 3-3 340 15
Others receiving votes: Coastal Carolina 170, Jackson State 122, Jacksonville State 121, McNeese State 108, Montana State 97, Delaware 72, Western Illinois 54, Georgia Southern 53, Sam Houston State 52, Charleston Southern 50, Penn 37, Elon 31, Delaware State 21, Wofford 21, Central Arkansas 12, Albany 11, South Dakota State 11, Northern Arizona 10, Idaho State 9, Nicholls State 9, Lafayette 8, Holy Cross 7, Western Kentucky 5.

As of October 9, 2006, at 12:49 PM ET

bluehenbillk
October 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Too low: NDSU

Too high: E. Illinois

Torero Tradition
October 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM
SAN DIEGO #21 and Climbing!!!!!!!!

AggieFinn
October 9th, 2006, 11:59 AM
11. Furman Paladins 4-2 1,663 3
25. Portland State Vikings 3-3 340 15

As of October 9, 2006, at 12:49 PM ET

Pretty big downgrades for both teams, I see them playing their way back up considerably over the next 4 weeks. :cool:

Walkon79
October 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Pretty big downgrades for both teams, I see them playing their way back up considerably over the next 4 weeks. :cool:

No love for MSU after the shutout? Same record at 3-3 and on a 2-game WINNING streak.

14-0

HensRock
October 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Too low:
UMass
Maine

Too High:
CCSU
EIU
San Diego

Tribe4SF
October 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Towson above Maine is hard to justify.

MU Alum
October 9th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Why isnt Monmouth getting consideration for the top 25?

If Princeton is in the top 25 and Holy Cross (4-2), Lafayette(2-3), Albany(3-3) are recieving votes, why isn't Monmouth atleast recieving votes.

MU's Record is 5-1 with wins over Fordham- 23-9, Morgan State-26-9, St. Peters-36-12, Colgate-17-12, Sacred Heart-24-0.
Monmouth lost to Stony Brook in a game that they just didnt show up for, but Albany who is 3-3 and still recieving votes lost to SBU this past weekend and also Fordham.

Also comparatively Princeton 28 Colgate 27 OT, Holy Cross 28 Fordham 21, Lafayette 25 Sacred Heart 14.

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I thought Central Conn State should have dropped some. Their only marqee win was Georgia Southern and GSU is proving to be very overrated. I think voters need to drop CCSU and I don't think Albany should be receiving votes.

birdsflyhigh
October 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM
FANTASTIC!!! :thumbsup: #s 5, 6 and 7 go to Gateway teams...ISU, YSU and SIU. Plus UNI's holding down #14 with a gimme game this weekend versus IN St.

Very suprised to see the WKU Hilltoppers receiving NO votes after they threw a MAJOR scare into the #5 Redbirds (the Tops could have won the game except for a botched field goal in the last minute).

And I completely agree with many posters here that the EIU Panthers are a mystery! Their 21-0 victory over SEMO this weekend would be like any Gateway team struggling with either the MSU Bears or IN St. Sycs (both hapless GFC teams). What gives??? :confused:

Kabooom
October 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
No love for MSU after the shutout? Same record at 3-3 and on a 2-game WINNING streak.

14-0......... You crap in your own bed (Chadron St)......and you want some love??........Before some "love" comes at Ya.......:bawling: Me thinks you guys need to buy some new and improved air freshener, a new mattress, and clean out that damn Cat -Box...Before some "love" comes at Ya......Sharpen those claws, and buckle down for a few more weeks, and with a few more dubs in the win column, you'll get your....love..............Man, the Cats are like Dr Jykell, and Mr, Hyde(This team has Bi -Polar characteristics..and it's got to be tough on the fan base).. ....Great athletic talent for this level of play...Big love is hard to come by with that type of disposition...One thing I know for sure, is that the Cats will be ready to play the Griz, no matter what happens between now and then...

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
sheesh, if I'd known we'd drop 8 spots I would have pushed for us to win that game.

First time the Paladins have been out of the top 10 in....2 and a half years? I don't even think we dropped that much after losing to Western last year.

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Furman's drop had a lot more to do with how solidly the top 12 to 14 teams had been playing. We are the first team with two losses in the poll. :nod:

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I thought Central Conn State should have dropped some. Their only marqee win was Georgia Southern and GSU is proving to be very overrated. I think voters need to drop CCSU and I don't think Albany should be receiving votes.

Please! CCSU is one INT from being a 6-0 squad. Now, I agree that I'm not sure how much further they can move up due to the SOS, but move down for a 62-12 win? That's crazy!

If I reacal many have posted that a "mid-major" must win its games vs. AQ conference opponents and blow out lower-tier teams. You can't ask for much more from CCSU that did that.

Yes, the GSU win has lost a little luster, but the Eagles are still a good team - they are a top-35 team still getting votes! They lost to 2 top-25 ranked teams (CCSU and NDSU) and conference foe Chatty. They have wins over CCU (receiving votes) and Western Carolina. Let's not prented they are that bad.

DATE OPPONENT W/L SCORE
------------ ------------------------ --- -----
09/02/06 MARIST W 34-6
09/09/06 at #13 Georgia Southern W 17-13
09/15/06 at Southern Connecticut W 29-26
*09/23/06 at UAlbany L 14-19
09/30/06 at Saint Peter's Coll. W 73-13
*10/7/06 ST. FRANCIS (PA) W 62-21
* denotes conference game

CCSU is outscoring its opponents 229-98.

carney2
October 9th, 2006, 01:20 PM

If Princeton is in the top 25 and Holy Cross (4-2), Lafayette(2-3), Albany(3-3) are recieving votes, why isn't Monmouth atleast recieving votes.

Agreed. Some of the details are stranger than strange. Beginning at about 16th position however, every team has pluses and minuses. It just comes down to how you weight each of the factors. Still, ya gotta ask who voted for Delaware State, Lafayette and Albany; how Towson got weighted in above Maine; and how/why Georgia Southern continues to cast a mystical spell in these polls. (A vote or two from some graybeards who can't get their minds out of the '90s is OK, but 53 votes/points?!! C'mon.)

blur2005
October 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I still don't get how Eastern Illinois can be 16th overall. I'm confident that both Tennessee-Martin and Jacksonville State are better than the Panthers.

Also too high are San Diego and Central Conn St (who shouldn't even be in it, considering its only major win was against Georgia Southern, who, btw, won't or at least shouldn't be back in the poll this year).

rmutv
October 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Well, at least the Sports Network's poll isn't as muddled as Don Hansen's.

YEEEEESH!

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Please! CCSU is one INT from being a 6-0 squad. Now, I agree that I'm not sure how much further they can move up due to the SOS, but move down for a 62-12 win? That's crazy!

If I reacal many have posted that a "mid-major" must win its games vs. AQ conference opponents and blow out lower-tier teams. You can't ask for much more from CCSU that did that.

Yes, the GSU win has lost a little luster, but the Eagles are still a good team - they are a top-35 team still getting votes! They lost to 2 top-25 ranked teams (CCSU and NDSU) and conference foe Chatty. They have wins over CCU (receiving votes) and Western Carolina. Let's not prented they are that bad.

DATE OPPONENT W/L SCORE
------------ ------------------------ --- -----
09/02/06 MARIST W 34-6
09/09/06 at #13 Georgia Southern W 17-13
09/15/06 at Southern Connecticut W 29-26
*09/23/06 at UAlbany L 14-19
09/30/06 at Saint Peter's Coll. W 73-13
*10/7/06 ST. FRANCIS (PA) W 62-21
* denotes conference game

CCSU is outscoring its opponents 229-98.

I did not mean you should drop for winning but I felt that you got in mainly for beating GSU and they are nothing more than a 30-40 type team right now. I know you must agree with me on this point that it is better to rank a 3-3 team who has played 2 I-A opponents and 2 teams ranked in the top 20 than a team with no wins over ranked opponents who is 4-1 or 6-1. You have GSU as 13 there but that was at the time. They are clearly not that good but they are not horrible either. You barely beat S. Conn., a D2 team, who is not ranked in D2 and I saw St. Francis on TV earlier this year. I don't think they are that good at all. St. Peter's is the worst team in the nation according to Sagarin.

I am just saying I could not move you up anymore than 20 right now. I think you guys are solid and I am pulling for you but if you played SIU, YSU, UNH, ASU, or even Ill. St. I don't think you have the speed and depth to last past a quarter. Once you guys start giving out the max of scholarships and you have stepped up recruiting some I think you could become a legit top 20 team. I am very glad you guys are doing well. I am just skeptical of ranking you too high unless you go 11-0 and beat a couple solid teams. Had you beaten Albany then I would say you should be ranked top 20 for sure. I have you 21 this week and probably won't put you any higher unless you beat top 10 mid-major teams by 10-20 points.

One thing to get you respect and help your players to get better are playing A-10, SoCon, and Gateway teams who tend to finish at the top of the standings. I do think it would be interesting to see you play against a top 10 team right now.

McNeese72
October 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I can't remember the last time there hasn't been a Southland Conference team in any of the polls. I'm sure it's happen before, just don't remember.

No complaints, though, just a statement. None of us deserve it. It's going to be a dogfight for the conference championship because that is the only way any of us makes the playoffs this season.

Doc

shakdaddy3
October 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I still don't get how Eastern Illinois can be 16th overall. I'm confident that both Tennessee-Martin and Jacksonville State are better than the Panthers.

Also too high are San Diego and Central Conn St (who shouldn't even be in it, considering its only major win was against Georgia Southern, who, btw, won't or at least shouldn't be back in the poll this year).
EIU is 3-3 with 2 I-A losses and a close loss to IlSU Redbirds (#4/5 team in I-AA)...

I bet EIU wins the OVC (either them of Jax State) and people will see that UT-Martin just had an easier OOC schedule...

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I did not mean you should drop for winning but I felt that you got in mainly for beating GSU and they are nothing more than a 30-40 type team right now. I know you must agree with me on this point that it is better to rank a 3-3 team who has played 2 I-A opponents and 2 teams ranked in the top 20 than a team with no wins over ranked opponents who is 4-1 or 6-1. You have GSU as 13 there but that was at the time. They are clearly not that good but they are not horrible either. You barely beat S. Conn., a D2 team, who is not ranked in D2 and I saw St. Francis on TV earlier this year. I don't think they are that good at all. St. Peter's is the worst team in the nation according to Sagarin.

I am just saying I could not move you up anymore than 20 right now. I think you guys are solid and I am pulling for you but if you played SIU, YSU, UNH, ASU, or even Ill. St. I don't think you have the speed and depth to last past a quarter. Once you guys start giving out the max of scholarships and you have stepped up recruiting some I think you could become a legit top 20 team. I am very glad you guys are doing well. I am just skeptical of ranking you too high unless you go 11-0 and beat a couple solid teams. Had you beaten Albany then I would say you should be ranked top 20 for sure. I have you 21 this week and probably won't put you any higher unless you beat top 10 mid-major teams by 10-20 points.

One thing to get you respect and help your players to get better are playing A-10, SoCon, and Gateway teams who tend to finish at the top of the standings. I do think it would be interesting to see you play against a top 10 team right now.

Ok, I'm not going to play what ifs, but you are basing your opinion on how CCSU might fair against App St or UNH, then that's just stupid. Overall, I understand your point, but you give horrible support. If Coastal Carolina can lose to GSU and then beat Furman, then yes I think CCSU could fair well against any top-10 team. We have the I-AA leading rusher a big offensive line, plus and a solid group of defenders and a decent FG kicker. I don't think ANY team would walk over us this year and wish we had 2 stronger OOC games to prove it (too late for that now).

I agree with our SOS, it is hard (practically impossible) to break into the top-20. Yes, maybe #19 is a bit of a stretch for you, but there is no doubt CCSU is a legit top-25 team. Look behind the scores at the games and stats and you will see CCSU is worthy of their spot.

Tod
October 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Too low: NDSU

Too high: E. Illinois

Trouble is, who do you drop to move NDSU up?

I don't know about EIU anymore. They're not on my poll at all. There are too many "good" teams between 15-35. :confused:

LeopardFan04
October 9th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Lafayette? 8 votes? Why?

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=aceinthehole] If Coastal Carolina can lose to GSU and then beat Furman, then yes I think CCSU could fair well against any top-10 team.
QUOTE]

Transitivity doesn't work in football. I would wager most top 10 teams would handle CCSU unless they played Furman on Saturday.

OrneryAggie
October 9th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Furman's drop had a lot more to do with how solidly the top 12 to 14 teams had been playing. We are the first team with two losses in the poll. :nod:

UCD has 3 losses and is still in the poll.

aceinthehole
October 9th, 2006, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=aceinthehole] If Coastal Carolina can lose to GSU and then beat Furman, then yes I think CCSU could fair well against any top-10 team.
QUOTE]

Transitivity doesn't work in football. I would wager most top 10 teams would handle CCSU unless they played Furman on Saturday.

Then how can you say most top 10 teams would "handle" CCSU?

Its a double standard. If CCU and Chuck South can get respect from a Big South schedule and a few wins that CCSU, Albany, and Monmouth can match, then this is just a double standard.

Again, don't think I'm saying anything other than CCSU is a top-25 team, period. But this double standard stuff has gone on all season. The old guard conference still wish to hold the top NEC teams down.

If UD can drop a game to Albany and Northeastern, then why is that "forgiven" when they play UNH tough and win vs. URI? Just admit there is a lot more parity in I-AA football - and THAT's A GOOD THING! :nod:

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM

But not in the top 15. :confused:

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 04:17 PM

Maybe I misunderstood your point. Furman fell a long way because the top teams have so few losses. Furman is the highest rank team with more than one loss

SuperJon
October 9th, 2006, 04:57 PM
If CCU and Chuck South can get respect from a Big South schedule

Chuck South gets "respect" for playing a DII schedule.

Coastal gets respect for playing a tough schedule.

TigerFan17
October 9th, 2006, 05:02 PM
22. Towson Tigers 4-1 417 17
23. Maine Black Bears 3-2 400 NR

:eyebrow: :eek: :eek:

Chucktown
October 9th, 2006, 08:07 PM
For all of you who keep doubting Eastern Illinois...

@ Illinois EIU was down 28 14 at halftime... Drove all the way down to their 3. on 1st down, threw a fade and it got picked. Would've been 21-28. I would not consider that laying down. At hawaii, say what you will, but almost every single starter on offense and defense was out at halftime. EIU rushed for about 250 against a Hawaii team that was letting up about 70 yards per game, and had recently been beat by boise state by 7.
@Illinois state- Lost by 14, but should've been 7 because Denver Johnson decided to go for the endzone with 30 seconds left. This was another team who had been letting up only 50 yards rushing per game, and 30 points were put up on them.

So by no means were any of these beat-downs. (except hawaii game, and EIU was more concerned with teams health in that game than a win. A win at hawaii would'nt have done much-)

So everyone thinks that Tenn-Martin will run through OVC, i beg to differ. EIU has one of the best running attacks in the country, and recently discovered they have one of the top receivers in 1-AA.
So I am excited to see how things turn out-

PIRATETIZED1
October 9th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by MU Alum

MU's Record is 5-1 with wins over Fordham- 23-9, Morgan State-26-9, St. Peters-36-12, Colgate-17-12, Sacred Heart-24-0.
Monmouth lost to Stony Brook in a game that they just didnt show up for, but Albany who is 3-3 and still recieving votes lost to SBU this past weekend and also Fordham.

Also comparatively Princeton 28 Colgate 27 OT, Holy Cross 28 Fordham 21, Lafayette 25 Sacred Heart 14.

Answer: Weak Schedule, Weak Conference. There will not be 2 NEC Schools in the top 25. Since you have one, MU will need to "...take care of business..." on 10/28. BTW, do not lose prior to that day, & do not lose after that game.

PIRATETIZED :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”

PIRATETIZED1
October 9th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by aceinthehole
Ok, I'm not going to play what ifs, but you are basing your opinion on how CCSU might fair against App St or UNH, then that's just stupid. Overall, I understand your point, but you give horrible support. If Coastal Carolina can lose to GSU and then beat Furman, then yes I think CCSU could fair well against any top-10 team. We have the I-AA leading rusher a big offensive line, plus and a solid group of defenders and a decent FG kicker. I don't think ANY team would walk over us this year and wish we had 2 stronger OOC games to prove it (too late for that now).

I agree with our SOS, it is hard (practically impossible) to break into the top-20. Yes, maybe #19 is a bit of a stretch for you, but there is no doubt CCSU is a legit top-25 team. Look behind the scores at the games and stats and you will see CCSU is worthy of their spot.

ace....
You have every right to defend your team. "...CCSU is a legit top-25 team...."
I'm not convinced with this statement. : smh :
However, let's see what happens each week ESPECIALLY on 10/28 vs. Monmouth. Everyone wants to see a convincing victory vs. MU!!!! Then after winning your conference, let's see what they do in the playoffs. Then you can talk us ALL down!!

Good Luck the rest of the way (you're gonna NEED it!). :nod:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

cosmo here
October 9th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Then after winning your conference, let's see what they do in the playoffs.

and what has Hampton done in the playoffs?

I guess you've been "Cosmo-ed" :confused:

PIRATETIZED1
October 9th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Posted by cosmo here
and what has Hampton done in the playoffs?

I guess you've been "Cosmo-ed"

Answer: "Pirates" have lost in 1st Round of every Div.I-AA playoffs we've been in. Which is why I can speak to Ace.....! I've always stated, playoff time is "...put up or shut up..." time. :nod:

Oh, BTW cosmo, what is your TEAM??? What have they done in the playoffs???? Have they won any National Championships????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cosmo here
October 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Answer: "Pirates" have lost in 1st Round of every Div.I-AA playoffs we've been in. Which is why I can speak to Ace.....! I've always stated, playoff time is "...put up or shut up..." time. :nod:

Oh, BTW cosmo, what is your TEAM??? What have they done in the playoffs???? Have they won any National Championships????

Lafayette has lost in the playoffs the last two years, first at defending national champ Delaware and then at eventual national champ Appalachian State. We haven't won any national championships.

I don't think it's necessary to bring down CCSU fans though, since they're excited they're in the top 25 . . that's all I'm saying.

PIRATETIZED1
October 9th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cosmo here
Lafayette has lost in the playoffs the last two years, first at defending national champ Delaware and then at eventual national champ Appalachian State. We haven't won any national championships.

I don't think it's necessary to bring down CCSU fans though, since they're excited they're in the top 25 . . that's all I'm saying.

I hear ya', loud & clear! I'm not bringing down anyone!
Ace made a statement that I (& others;if you read all posts) just happen to disagree. We just exercised our right to voice an opinion. I and others are NOT "bringing down" anyone.

Did ya' happen to notice that I started off by stating '...that he had every right to defend his team' ???? So to you, that's bringing someone down???

Hmmmmmm! Interesting!

NEC is a weaker conference than the MEAC. Didn't Delaware State play St. Francis this year (a few weeks ago)? Anyone know what the score was??? and who won???

Personally, I want to see CCSU win out. I'm looking forward to the matchup with Monmouth. For personal reasons, I hope Monmouth gets kicked in the teeth & in de' "boo-tay"!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2006, 12:25 AM

UNI

PantherRob82
October 10th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Too low: North Dakota State Bison - at least above UMASS and maybe SIU. A minimum of 7 in my opinion.

Too high: Hampton, EIU, San Diego (top 25 is enough respect, they don't need to move up until they beat someone better than Yale. Isn't the best game they have left against Drake?)

UNI stays the same? UNI is better than Hampton, even if the Pirates are undefeated.

JaxSinfonian
October 10th, 2006, 12:47 AM
And I completely agree with many posters here that the EIU Panthers are a mystery! Their 21-0 victory over SEMO this weekend would be like any Gateway team struggling with either the MSU Bears or IN St. Sycs (both hapless GFC teams). What gives??? :confused:

Think so? So a shutout against a 3-1 team that had been leading (or near the top of) the league in scoring counts as struggling in your book? Granted, SEMO had a pretty patsy OOC sked, but that scoring average of 27 points per game factored in a 38-7 loss at Jax State in their first league game. Three takeaways against a team that haden't turned it over once this season before Saturday (the last D-I team that could say that, BTW) is struggling? SEMO has been down lately, but InSt they're not ... they still know what a 'W" looks like.

EIU's defense is powerful this year (I-A results aside), even with Buchannan candidate Clint Sellers sidelined for the rest of the year. Of course, so is Jax State's ... and UT-Martin's. Martin's already beaten JSU, so they've got a leg up there. Watch the EIU-Martin game closely on Oct. 28, and the EIU-JSU game on the last week of the season to see who'll win the league. Of course, that presumes none of the other OVC teams hang losses on any of those three ... something Eastern Kentucky can tell you all about.

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I hear ya', loud & clear! I'm not bringing down anyone!
Ace made a statement that I (& others;if you read all posts) just happen to disagree. We just exercised our right to voice an opinion. I and others are NOT "bringing down" anyone.

Did ya' happen to notice that I started off by stating '...that he had every right to defend his team' ???? So to you, that's bringing someone down???

Hmmmmmm! Interesting!

NEC is a weaker conference than the MEAC. Didn't Delaware State play St. Francis this year (a few weeks ago)? Anyone know what the score was??? and who won???

Personally, I want to see CCSU win out. I'm looking forward to the matchup with Monmouth. For personal reasons, I hope Monmouth gets kicked in the teeth & in de' "boo-tay"!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to compare:

9/9/06
St. Francis 28
Delaware St. 63

10/7/06
St. Francis 21
Central Conn. 62

I don't see any difference. And yes, I think CCSU could win the MEAC this year. The gap betwwen the top NEC teams and the establishment of I-AA teams is not as big as it has been in the past.

Pirate, we are all entitleted to our own opinion, but there is nothing factual that has been said by you are anyone that CCSU is not a top-25 team. I'm not saying we are or will be worthy of an at-large, I just don't find 25 teams that have performed better than CCSU to date. ANd yes that can change with each weekly poll.

Yes, the Monmouth game will be big and on TV, so many will see CCSU for the first time. We still have a lot of work to do, but I'm looking forward to it.

(BTW - I assume you are rooting for CCSU over MU becasue of the 2006 NCAA PIG. Monmouth defeated CCSU in the NEC Semifinal to reach the NCAAs again. That 7 foot center was a monster.)

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Lafayette? 8 votes? Why?

Those were my thoughts.

The funnier thing is Holy Cross has four!

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM

Check my signature...

1896, 1921, 1926 :nod:

Just not I-AA titles.. those above are big-boy titles.

Pard4Life
October 10th, 2006, 09:37 AM

I was at Monmouth-Sacred Heart Saturday... very impressed with Monmouth's defense... they nearly had four consecutive sacks right before halftime. Now I can see why they beat Colgate.. their rushing defense is smothering, and their pass defense is excellent too. Granted Sacred Heart is nothing special, but the way Lafayette played that first game now has me shaking my head... MU dominated the Pioneers..

One thing I will say is Monmouth's offense is average... nothing really special or to write home about. Sinisi (happens to be from a nearby town of mine) is a very good back.. but can he preform like that in some power leagues and against tougher competition? Can MU stay in a game vs. a top 25 team? Defensively... yes.. offensively.. eh, tough to say.

But as a consolation, I am just waiting for a big MU win before putting them in my AGS poll. I think I have CCSU at 20 our 21 right now.

MU Alum
October 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=aceinthehole]Just to compare:

9/9/06
St. Francis 28
Delaware St. 63

10/7/06
St. Francis 21
Central Conn. 62

I don't see any difference. And yes, I think CCSU could win the MEAC this year. The gap betwwen the top NEC teams and the establishment of I-AA teams is not as big as it has been in the past.

Pirate, we are all entitleted to our own opinion, but there is nothing factual that has been said by you are anyone that CCSU is not a top-25 team. I'm not saying we are or will be worthy of an at-large, I just don't find 25 teams that have performed better than CCSU to date. ANd yes that can change with each weekly poll.

Yes, the Monmouth game will be big and on TV, so many will see CCSU for the first time. We still have a lot of work to do, but I'm looking forward to it.
QUOTE]

Lets Compare even closer:
9/9 Monmouth 26 vs Morgan State 9
1 2 3 4 Final
MU 3 13 7 3 26
MSU 3 0 0 6 9

MU Total Off. MSU Total Off.
296 151

9/23 Hampton 26 vs Morgan State 7
1 2 3 4 Final
HU 7 7 2 10 26
MSU 0 7 0 0 7

Total Offense
MSU HU
233 248
Looks to me like unranked, not even recieving votes MONMOUTH handled Morgan State as easy if not easier than #11 Ranked Hampton. Morgan States only Touchdown came in washup time against MU. I'd love to see Monmouth/CCSU/Albany/Stony Brook play Hampton or any of the top MEAC schools.

cosmo here
October 10th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Check my signature...

1896, 1921, 1926 :nod:

Just not I-AA titles.. those above are big-boy titles.

As you know, I was talking in the last 80 years :)

Blue Hen Nation
October 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Delaware 72 votes? xidiotx

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=aceinthehole]Just to compare:

9/9/06
St. Francis 28
Delaware St. 63

10/7/06
St. Francis 21
Central Conn. 62

QUOTE]

Lets Compare even closer:
9/9 Monmouth 26 vs Morgan State 9
1 2 3 4 Final
MU 3 13 7 3 26
MSU 3 0 0 6 9

MU Total Off. MSU Total Off.
296 151

9/23 Hampton 26 vs Morgan State 7
1 2 3 4 Final
HU 7 7 2 10 26
MSU 0 7 0 0 7

Total Offense
MSU HU
233 248
Looks to me like unranked, not even recieving votes MONMOUTH handled Morgan State as easy if not easier than #11 Ranked Hampton. Morgan States only Touchdown came in washup time against MU. I'd love to see Monmouth/CCSU/Albany/Stony Brook play Hampton or any of the top MEAC schools.

Great stuff MU Alum! This year has proved the top NEC teams could compete for the leauge titles in a few AQ conferences - the PL and MEAC immediatley come to mind.

Do I think any NEC team has the resume for an at-large? Probably not (although its early to tell), but why would anybody think a ranked MEAC is so deserving of its AQ just for winning the conference? I assure you its a feat that a few NEC could match!

If given the shot I think MU, UA, SBU, or CCSU could win the MEAC or PL this year. That should be their ticket to the playoffs!