PDA

View Full Version : Meeting 149 of Lehigh and Lafayette for All the Marbles

Pages : [1] 2

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Yes, it is.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
As it should be, of course. Now and forever, Amen.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM
As it should be, of course. Now and forever, Amen.
Dont disagree but you just know 87 is going to b*tch about the LV bias of the PL

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Don't like it, do something about it on the field!!! Tank Sherman is playing out of his mind. One of the offensive coaches told me he is the most focused player he has seen since the Bucknell game.

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
He is that and healthy for a change. Running like he did early on. OL ,never known in prior years for run blocking, has been superb. They were the key to the last 2 games.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Dont disagree but you just know 87 is going to b*tch about the LV bias of the PL

Sader87 is absolutely correct - there is a LV bias. Amen.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 03:32 PM
This is the first time since 2006 that the game has had playoff implications, right? '06 was also title game, if I recall correctly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
This is the first time since 2006 that the game has had playoff implications, right? '06 was also title game, if I recall correctly.

That is correct. LU actually lost 3 straight to LC with the title on the line.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Somehow I think that this is going to be a better-than-expected game. It actually bodes well going into #150.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM

In 2009 Lafayette had a slim chance at the playoffs with a win, and would've shared the PL title.

Frank coached the worst game in his tenure (no small feat) that day and we lost.I believe Lehigh had the title locked up in 10 and 11 before the game was played.

Frank owes us one to make up for his past sins.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Somehow I think that this is going to be a better-than-expected game. It actually bodes well going into #150.

I've expected a close game since Lehigh lost to Bucknell.

Lafayette 31 Bucknell 7 (Bucknell has 8o yards of offense)

Bucknell 48 Lehigh 10

I know Bucknell got some players back for the Lehigh game, but good teams don't lose like that. Lehigh just isn't that good. The game will be close.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM

Bucknell 48 Lehigh 10

I know Bucknell got some players back for the Lehigh game, but good teams don't lose like that. Lehigh just isn't that good. The game will be close.

Cherry picking scores much? xeyebrowx

Post both teams schedules to this point and things look just a bit different....

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM

Bucknell 48 Lehigh 10

We shall see Mr. Tank. We have our own Tank in Mr. Sherman. Buckle the chinstraps baby.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Scheuerman vs. Sherman. We'll see who spells it correctly next Saturday!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Chucky takes in the Lafayette - Fordham game from the cheap seats at Fisher Field

http://imageshack.com/a/img594/6443/d9m0.png

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cherry picking scores much? xeyebrowx

Post both teams schedules to this point and things look just a bit different....

Cherry pick all you want, but a team that loses to Bucknell like that just isn't that good.

Sherman does not scare me. He is of average size and speed. If he beats us next week shame on us.

Our Scheurman is faster, and also had 170 or so yards today.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Sader87 is absolutely correct - there is a LV bias. Amen.

Bias is not fact and truth.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Cherry pick all you want, but a team that loses to Bucknell like that just isn't that good.

Sherman does not scare me. He is of average size and speed. If he beats us next week shame on us.

Granted, the Bucknell game was a bad loss, but not many teams look good every week. Lehigh is 8-2 with 2 impressive wins over Princeton and UNH. Lafayette has bad losses this year. Lehigh will have a chance to win a first round game and maybe a 2nd round game depending on the matchup. After that, I don't see them getting by. Lafayette is much improved and can hang with alot of teams as they showed today, even though Nebrich was out. I expect a dogfight next week, especially considering Lafayette hasn't won a game against Lehigh in 5 yrs. Lafayette will matchup well against the run, so Shafinsky will need to air it out a bit more this week to get a win. This could lead to more turnovers. Both teams seem to be playing pretty good ball atm, with Lehigh's defense looking better and Laf's O looking better. I believe this game will come down to coaching and who wants it more. We get the coaching edge (I don't think you will argue that) but I think Lafayette will want this game very badly. Can't wait to watch next week. I may even try to remain sober (maybe not) so I can enjoy the game better.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 07:56 PM
If the Lehigh OL can block for Sherman, does not matter if it's Trent Richardson or c2 making the carries. We HAVE to shut down their ground game. If we do, we win.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 07:58 PM

Haven't watched much of Lafayette or Scheuerman this year, but Sherman has been an absolute monster the past couple of weeks. He isn't a speedy back, rather a powerful type of runner. Today, he was wrapped up at or behind the line of scrimmage at least four times that I can remember, before dragging defenders or breaking loose for another 5 yards.

Lafayette can hang with Lehigh on a good day with limited Frankosaurus interference. However, if the Lehigh team that has showed up the past two weeks comes ready to play next Saturday, I think the Pards will be over-matched on the field and Frank will have some bone-headed playcalling that will ultimately cost LC another game...see 2009 and 2010 goal line stands.

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
If the Lehigh OL can block for Sherman, does not matter if it's Trent Richardson or c2 making the carries. We HAVE to shut down their ground game. If we do, we win.

You hit the nail on the head. Our emerging running game, along with good defense, has led to the past two wins. If the Pards shut down the ground game, LU's shaky passing game will suffer significantly.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I believe this game will come down to coaching and who wants it more. We get the coaching edge (I don't think you will argue that) but I think Lafayette will want this game very badly. Can't wait to watch next week. I may even try to remain sober (maybe not) so I can enjoy the game better.

Yes, especially how we played today. I was very impressed with how we started the game. Normally, after an emotional loss, we mail the game in or go through the motions. However, we got a stop on our Fordham's first possession and we went for a TE strike and a huge gain on our first play. It was comical because Fordham had 7-8 in the box and we were in Frankosaurus formation. But nope, Reed hit the TE. We were playing to win. I think we ran pass-to-rushed like 5-1 in the first half... with no halfback spread sets. It was... I don't know... too emotional for words right now...

What's the next step in the evolutionary chain after Frankosaurus? Feinoraptor?

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Our emerging running game, along with good defense, has led to the past two wins. If the Pards shut down the ground game, LU's shaky passing game will suffer significantly.

Did not watch your game today and only heard half, but the announcers were saying Shafansky looked a bit undisciplined at times and should have ran when he didn't. Do you think his decision-making is questionable from what you've seen?

If you discount the Georgetown game, when the subs were playing in the last half of the fourth quarter, I think Lafayette has only surrendered 14 points in the second half since the Holy Cross game.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I think 149 has the potential to be a legendary game... both teams roughly even with flaws and major momentum. Plus a title up for grabs...

... and soon, the Lehigh trolls were be coming out from underneath the floorboards for their once-per-year post.. xcoffeex

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Haven't watched much of Lafayette or Scheuerman this year, but Sherman has been an absolute monster the past couple of weeks. He isn't a speedy back, rather a powerful type of runner. Today, he was wrapped up at or behind the line of scrimmage at least four times that I can remember, before dragging defenders or breaking loose for another 5 yards.

Lafayette can hang with Lehigh on a good day with limited Frankosaurus interference. However, if the Lehigh team that has showed up the past two weeks comes ready to play next Saturday, I think the Pards will be over-matched on the field and Frank will have some bone-headed playcalling that will ultimately cost LC another game...see 2009 and 2010 goal line stands.

I love this kind of talk.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 08:08 PM
What's the next step in the evolutionary chain after Frankosaurus? Feinoraptor?

Velociotarus? Mickydactyl?

LehighU11
November 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Did not watch your game today and only heard half, but the announcers were saying Shafansky looked a bit undisciplined at times and should have ran when he didn't. Do you think his decision-making is questionable from what you've seen?

If you discount the Georgetown game, when the subs were playing in the last half of the fourth quarter, I think Lafayette has only surrendered 14 points in the second half since the Holy Cross game.

Shafnisky was very composed last week against HC and made no poor decisions, from my perspective. Today, he had a few good runs, but wasn't as effective as last week. I'd credit Colgate more with limiting his mobility, as they put a decent amount of pressure on Shafnisky early on. His one interception was on a pass where he was hit in the throwing motion. Also fumbled on one run deep in our end, but was fortunately recovered.

He seems to be playing very confidently after two games, but the strong OL play and Sherman's 47 carries and 350 yards in the past two games may have a lot to do with that. This is not the Lehigh offense we're used to from past years. Today 41 rushing plays, 22 passing. Last week 43 rush, 24 pass.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2013, 08:20 PM

Pards will not be over-matched (1st time since 2009).

Lehigh does not have a significantly more talented team. We may need to get a break or two, but this should be a close game.

By the way our QB threw 4 picks today. We would've won by 4 TD's today with a better QB performance.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Velociotarus? Mickydactyl?

Frankenfeinstein!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e-Go7Hj_dMg/UHe0elQU7sI/AAAAAAAAAeg/TRdTHZgHHmk/s1600/young-frankenstein.jpg

Think about it... the offense was soaring like a Mickydactyl in the first half and plodded like a Frankosaurus in the second with those Scheuerman runs. It's a complete monster!

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Frankenfeinstein!

We have a winner.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM

Lehigh does not have a significantly more talented team. We may need to get a break or two, but this should be a close game.

By the way our QB threw 4 picks today. We would've won by 4 TD's today with a better QB performance.

I don't think we were overmatched in 2010 either... bad coaching and calls again. See Lehigh goal line stand. 2011 we were simply filling out a uniform and last year we were overmatched in the second half.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
This year's rallying cry... NO CO! The funny thing is that if Fordham did count, we'd still be in the same position...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Lehigh showed no emotion after the win today. I liked that...

I watched the 'Pards a few times this year, they have my respect. Talent wise they're definitely a step above HC and Colgate. Coaching is the equalizer it seems....

Rivalry games are always tough. Plus, beating your rival 6 straight adds to the difficulty. With that said, Lehigh HAS been the better team all year. That's clearly evident by the records. AND I can't see the PL sending a team with a losing record. At 9-2, LU would have a solid resume....

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I can't see the PL sending a team with a losing record.

I've thought about this long and hard. I agree it's a serious dilemma. Almost undeserving, really. But at the end of the day, I have to admit . . .

. . . I can see it. xcoolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2013, 09:30 PM
GO PARDS!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I've thought about this long and hard. I agree it's a serious dilemma. Almost undeserving, really. But at the end of the day, I have to admit . . .

. . . I can see it. xcoolx

WE WANT MARIST! xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Good thing this isn't in the running for AGS Game of the Week or something. It's not like it's the world's most played football rivalry and will decide a significant FCS conference championship or anything like that. After all, East Northwestern Southern Dohickey State is playing . . . whom now?

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 09:44 PM
WE WANT MARIST! xlolx

But only if it's at home. The traffic on Route 9 can be brutal. :p

Sader87
November 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Good thing this isn't in the running for AGS Game of the Week or something. It's not like it's the world's most played football rivalry and will decide a significant FCS conference championship or anything like that. After all, East Northwestern Southern Dohickey State is playing . . . whom now?

That would be West Bumf*** Polytechnical Klown Kollege....

Go...gate
November 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
With halfway decent weather, will Goodman sell out?

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 09:59 PM

Lehigh itself sold out when they started offering "Supply Line Management" degrees to football players. Who's to say they won't offer bile infested scratch-n-sniff coupons to the locals to boost game attendance? They've done it before, you know . . .

ngineer
November 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM

Game is already a sellout. On Wednesday, if the weather forecast shows no rain on Saturday, tickets will go on sale for the horseshoe around the south end zone.
Both schools seem to be peaking right now. LC's second half last week and beating FU this week (albeit without Nebrich), and LU's new found run game and revitalized defense. A lot of youngsters seeing significant time for both teams which means there will be 'calling cards' left for #150. For time being, this is great that it is all on the line between these two rivals. Should be the AGS Game of the Week.

ngineer
November 16th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Lehigh itself sold out when they started offering "Supply Line Management" degrees to football players. Who's to say they won't offer bile infested scratch-n-sniff coupons to the locals to boost game attendance? They've done it before, you know . . .

Not sure why this major causes so much angst for the Leotards, especially since there are only 6 such majors on the team. Considering Lehigh's College of Business has become pretty well respected, nationally, I can understand the Laughyette's counter with more ballet and arts 'n crafts buildings down at the bottom of Cattell Street. Such a 'practical' institution.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2013, 10:17 PM

SCM is a very respectable major within any business school. Temple's SCM program was very math intensive. My guess is Lehigh's is as well xrotatehx

Does Lafayette offer a Liberal Arts degree? If so, c'mon.....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM

Seems like as good a time as any to revisit this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06_RCoM51o

ngineer
November 16th, 2013, 10:19 PM
xanim_chaixNOVEMBER 23, 2013...THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Frankenfeinstein!

I forget, did he write The Last Amateurs, or A Good Walk Spoiled?

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I can understand the Laughyette's counter with more ballet and arts 'n crafts buildings down at the bottom of Cattell Street. Such a 'practical' institution.

Merely a gratuitous diversion for athletes studying Mathematics, Quantum Mechanics and Neuroscience. We don't offer students the opportunity to major in Post Office the way you do.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 10:23 PM
NOVEMBER 23, 2013...THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!

Oh, just you wait . . . .

RichH2
November 16th, 2013, 10:36 PM
SCM is a very respectable major within any business school. Temple's SCM program was very math intensive. My guess is Lehigh's is as well xrotatehx

Does Lafayette offer a Liberal Arts degree? If so, c'mon.....
Pards are into Gender Studies,probably due to the high percentage of androgenous students.

Bogus Megapardus
November 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Pards are into Gender Studies,probably due to the high percentage of androenous students.

Lafayette has many androenous students, given their Andonis-like characteristics. It's Lehigh that harbors all the androgynous types - especially those infamous cheerleaders of yours.

lehidude
November 17th, 2013, 01:09 AM
... and soon, the Lehigh trolls were be coming out from underneath the floorboards for their once-per-year post.. xcoffeex

Not yet. It is customary to wait at least 24 hours for you guys to soak this win in.

On a side note, you guys really played like you took Nebrich out of the game today... ;-)

World
November 17th, 2013, 01:14 AM
THIS IS IT

TIME FOR ANOTHER LEHIGH WIN

LehighU11
November 17th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Lafayette has many androenous students, given their Andonis-like characteristics. It's Lehigh that harbors all the androgynous types - especially those infamous cheerleaders of yours.

You would think that if Colgate can attract a respectable group of cheerleaders to its campus in Siberia, NY, that Lehigh could do the same. You're conveniently forgetting LC's dance team. I think Frank could recruit some solid talent for his OL from that squad.

In other news, it's great to see that Lafayette is admitting the brightest students from the hollers of Appalachia. Go Lepers!
http://i.imgur.com/AuCpjq4.png?1

Bogus Megapardus
November 17th, 2013, 03:51 AM
You're conveniently forgetting LC's dance team.

Point taken. Spandex is a privilege, not a right. Also they need some outlet for their performance; no one would go watch them on purpose.

And the young lady with the diseased-looking sign probably ought to enroll in Graduate Spelling in South Bethlehem. Is she really wearing a Georgetown hoodie?

Carry on.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
The Lafayette Lepers. I like it.

RichH2
November 17th, 2013, 09:26 AM
xbawlingx Do feel a twinge of sympathy for the Lepers. Beating Fordham,a team w/o the best QB in PL , is just another in a long line of soul crushing teasers that Pard fans have endured.Its just sooo unfair. Reality of 149 will burst that bubblexrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 09:31 AM
xbawlingx Do feel a twinge of sympathy for the Lepers. Beating Fordham,a team w/o the best QB in PL , is just another in a long line of soul crushing teasers that Pard fans have endured.Its just sooo unfair. Reality of 149 will burst that bubblexrolleyesx

LC beat the two teams that Lehigh lost to, circumstances be damned. Methinks you Lehigh guys might get a sad this weekend.

LehighU11
November 17th, 2013, 09:46 AM
The Lafayette Lepers. I like it.
I've been sitting on that gem since 148 :D

CHIP72
November 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
A couple thoughts (after a 1 1/2 month hiatus due to a personal issue):

1) Assuming "supply line management" is actually supply chain management (which could also be called freight logistics), that is an increasingly respected degree in the business field. (The field is also a fast-growing job field.) Ensuring goods are able to be delivered to customers at the "right" time and cost is an important thing to many companies as they try to find ways to maximize efficiency. Many good schools have very good SCM programs. If you want to learn more and are based in the Lehigh Valley, check out the CSCMP Lehigh Valley roundtable.

2) Like most people, I think this game will be close. I'd predict a Lehigh win by 7-10 points, but I could see Lafayette pulling the moderate upset. Regardless who wins, I hope 1) Goodman Stadium is rocking next Saturday, and 2) the winner represents the Lehigh Valley and Patriot League well in the playoffs.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM

Yes, imagine if the quarterback did not throw four interceptions. I mean the Fordham QB. xeyebrowx Do you ever look at the other side of the coin, or do you still have on those Leopard sun glasses.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
GO PARDS!

Says the guy who will be on here next week arguing that a third team for the MVC should be in the playoffs with five losses.

LehighU11
November 17th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Says the guy who will be on here next week arguing that a third team for the MVC should be in the playoffs with five losses.

I'd prefer a third team from the MVC with 5 losses over a third team from the Southland, especially if SHSU loses their 4th next week to Central Arkansas.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I'd prefer a third team from the MVC with 5 losses over a third team from the Southland, especially if SHSU loses their 4th next week to Central Arkansas.

I don't disagree, but the guy has no interest in LC merely wants a PL AQ with a losing record.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM

I have always said that with the way our conference season has gone, there probably shouldn't be more that 2 MVFC teams. It really doesn't matter if there are 24 or 48 teams. You're all playing for 2nd place anyway.

I don't disagree, but the guy has no interest in LC merely wants a PL AQ with a losing record.

I like the LC guys. They put up a better fight than Lehigh in 2011.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Yes, imagine if the quarterback did not throw four interceptions. I mean the Fordham QB. xeyebrowx Do you ever look at the other side of the coin, or do you still have on those Leopard sun glasses.

Lafayette dominated Fordham yesterday. We ran the ball right down their throats, and knocked their QB around all day. Both teams had a bunch of turnovers so it sort of cancelled out. However, if Lafayette had 2 ints instad of 4 the score would've been more indivitative of the way Lafayette played. Is that hard to understand?

Lehigh fans are VERY over confident. You have a good team, but it isn't nearly as good as you think it is.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Lafayette dominated Fordham yesterday. We ran the ball right down their throats, and knocked their QB around all day. Both teams had a bunch of turnovers so it sort of cancelled out. However, if Lafayette had 2 ints instad of 4 the score would've been more indivitative of the way Lafayette played. Is that hard to understand?

Lehigh fans are VERY over confident. You have a good team, but it isn't nearly as good as you think it is.

Where did I say what my view of the game is, merely that you pick certain games to compare and then only mention the LC interceptions.

RichH2
November 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Oh,Frank we know our shortcomings much better than you. We're going into this game with a 3rd string froshQB with 1 start to his name. D has been an embarrassment up until last week and this. Far from overconfidant. If anything Pards are swelling in the glow of lighting up a truly terrible D and stopping an O without the best QB in PL. We have a good team with flaws ,Pards have a flawed team that has played well at times. Pretty even to me. Altho,we dont have to deal with Frank. I trust he will assert himself often enuf for us to win

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM

Really?? xeyebrowx
Score: LC 42-7 vs LU 24-0
First Downs: LC 18-8 vs LU 20-19
Total Yards: LC 416-198 LU 384-356

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Where did I say what my view of the game is, merely that you pick certain games to compare and then only mention the LC interceptions.

And what is your point?

4 int from a QB who only threw one all year before today is a point of conversation.

You got crushed by Bucknell. You guys were lucky to beat CCSU. Just squeaked by Monmouth. The Pards had some bad early season losses, but are a different team with our new QB. We should've beat Colgate last week, and would've if Frank didn't leave his brain in the locker room.

Lafayette is a much better team vs. mid-season. Lehigh lost their best QB, and is playing with a brand new offense right now because your QB struggles in the passing game. Your RB Sherman does not scare me. If you are depending on him and a QB who doesn't throw downfield you guys are in trouble.

dystopiamembrane
November 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Are you actually able to look across the valley and see the other school?

Southsider
November 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM

I was in the stands yesterday, and I can assure you LU fans are not overconfident. They realize they have a decent team, who can win when they play solid, disciplined football. They also know they can lose an any given day. Buckle up, cause Saturday is gonna be fun! Oh, I forgot, I don't want to sound "overconfident"!

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Oh,Frank we know our shortcomings much better than you. We're going into this game with a 3rd string froshQB with 1 start to his name. D has been an embarrassment up until last week and this. Far from overconfidant. If anything Pards are swelling in the glow of lighting up a truly terrible D and stopping an O without the best QB in PL. We have a good team with flaws ,Pards have a flawed team that has played well at times. Pretty even to me. Altho,we dont have to deal with Frank. I trust he will assert himself often enuf for us to win

The Pards have been quite good since Drew Reed outside of a terrible 1st half by our D against Colgate. Without Bialkowski Lehigh has no talent advantage.

If we play to win like we did yesterday the Pards will be very hard to beat.

Southsider
November 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
The Pards have been quite good since Drew Reed outside of a terrible 1st half by our D against Colgate. Without Bialkowski Lehigh has no talent advantage.

No who sounds "overconfident"!!!

RichH2
November 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM

No, but only about 11 miles apart.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
No who sounds "overconfident"!!!

Yes, that is such a boastful claim.

This will be payback for 2009. I hope we taunt the crap out of Lehigh after we FINALLY get a W this Saturday.

dystopiamembrane
November 17th, 2013, 11:12 AM
No, but only about 11 miles apart.Nod. I always thought that you could. Think I heard it somewhere years ago. Now I know.

RichH2
November 17th, 2013, 11:15 AM

Never figured otherwise . Losing BB does hurt us quite a bit but you underestimate Shaf. After overamped start he was 10/15 with 2 TDs. Still not BB but not a negative either. Key to Sherm is the OL which has been superb For us successful pass attack essential to beat Pards. Trust Dave will hav one ready for you. Reed has been very god,made your season. Expect he will be on his back a lot

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM
And what is your point?

4 int from a QB who only threw one all year before today is a point of conversation.

You got crushed by Bucknell. You guys were lucky to beat CCSU. Just squeaked by Monmouth. The Pards had some bad early season losses, but are a different team with our new QB. We should've beat Colgate last week, and would've if Frank didn't leave his brain in the locker room.

Lafayette is a much better team vs. mid-season. Lehigh lost their best QB, and is playing with a brand new offense right now because your QB struggles in the passing game. Your RB Sherman does not scare me. If you are depending on him and a QB who doesn't throw downfield you guys are in trouble.

Yep us Lehigh guys sure are overconfident.xrotatehx

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Lehigh/Lafayette (correct order) is ALWAYS a 'throw the records out the window' game. I don't put much stock in either team being declared the favorite. We also see gadget plays we haven't seen all season. This should be an exceptional match-up. I get the feeling a Sherman MVP award is a real possibility, however.

RichH2
November 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Lehigh/Lafayette (correct order) is ALWAYS a 'throw the records out the window' game. I don't put much stock in either team being declared the favorite. We also see gadget plays we haven't seen all season. This should be an exceptional match-up. I get the feeling a Sherman MVP award is a real possibility, however.

SSHHH! Pards think he is the same Sherm from last year. Dont wake them up

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Really?? xeyebrowx
Score: LC 42-7 vs LU 24-0
First Downs: LC 18-8 vs LU 20-19
Total Yards: LC 416-198 LU 384-356

They didn't get skunked.

Twentysix
November 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Lets go pards!

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
They didn't get skunked.

Nope just got beat much more handily, with no real showing, other than a meaningless score. But I guess that is what you want in an opposing team showing, so that would make sense that you would call that a better showing.

hawkineer
November 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
And what is your point?

I believe this yapping is more for the Laughing-at-it fans than the LU fans. He's trying to get more spotty putty cat faithful to jump back on the bandwagon. There was a report in the Morning Call about an abnormally high number of trips the emergency rooms in Easton due to sprained ankles. Rumor has it that it is directly related to LC fans constantly jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Bottom line - If LU can't beat the 4-6 juggernaut from Easton at home, they don't deserve the league title or a playoff bid.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Nope just got beat much more handily, with no real showing, other than a meaningless score. But I guess that is what you want in an opposing team showing, so that would make sense that you would call that a better showing.

Wouldn't you have LOVED a meaningless score?

Engineer86
November 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM

Dude, your arguement was exposed. if you want to hold onto a shut out being worse than getting doubled up in every stat and being being beat worse on the score board is a better showing go ahead. Now roll in your line.

Southsider
November 17th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yes, that is such a boastful claim.

This will be payback for 2009. I hope we taunt the crap out of Lehigh after we FINALLY get a W this Saturday.

Frankly, Frank, if that is indeed what occurs, I will gladly take 5 out of 6 every time. At that rate LU will easily get the upper hand in the series before I check out of this world.xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Dude, your arguement was exposed. if you want to hold onto a shut out being worse than getting doubled up in every stat and being being beat worse on the score board is a better showing go ahead. Now roll in your line.

I just love mentioning how Lehigh got shut out in their last playoff game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Without being a complete Lehigh homer, the Hawks have had a solid year. They've beaten two high quality teams in Princeton and UNH. Only Fordham has shown the ability to play at that level this year.

The Bucknell debacle stunk. BUT, that IS going to happen every few years. Every team/program not named NDSU and Alabama has suffered those type of games every once in a while. Lehigh is entitled to one every 4-5 years. That streak was going to end at some point anyway. At least it was over quickly.

Kurfis and Sherman have been great this year. There is no denying that Kurfis has blown Ross out of the water. I called that all summer. Lee has a chance to break most of Spadola's single season records. How Lafayette fans can say they are not impressed with Sherman is a bit curious. He took the game over against LC last year. Once Barket went out Keith came in and got the running game going. He also had a great TD catch. In 2011 he broke the long TD run to get things going. The OL is also very good. Their ability to perform at a high level has allowed Colvin, BB and Shafnisky to succeed the last two years.

This is a talented/athletic team but it's not very deep imo. Depth is the biggest difference between this years team and the previous two. There's a little 2010 in this team. That team relied on a lot of younger guys (Chagani, Lum, Spadola, Drawl, Barket, Groome, Boyko, etc.). Lafayette is the more experienced team which is why they're dangerous in a rivalry game.

When looking at what both teams have done to this point (body of work) it's hard to argue that Lehigh is not a pretty definitive favorite. My guess is a quality Vegas book would set the line at 8-12 points. The rivalry and law of averages are the two most concerning thing if I'm an LU fan. If BOTH teams play their absolute A+ game LU wins. Lehigh has to avoid turnovers and poor field position. If I'm Lafayette I want this game played in the low 20's.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM
But only if it's at home. The traffic on Route 9 can be brutal. :p

That's why you should take 9W... one of the Pard posters recommended a few years ago...

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Nod. I always thought that you could. Think I heard it somewhere years ago. Now I know.

Yes you can... don't listen to Rich and those other Lehigh clowns; they spend half their time face down in the leaves. It's not known as a kegger school for no reason.

You can see Lehigh's campus from the top floors of some of the taller buildings on the LC campus: Marquis, South, Reuf, Keefe, Pardee... but mainly South. But, it has to be when the leaves are off the trees.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM

No it's not... I did some data crunching on this:

When LC has x number of wins (win margin) more than Lehigh heading into the Rivalry:

Lafayette +5 or more: 10-2 (take a guess when the last time we lost)
Lafayette +4: 6-1
Lafayette +3: 11-2
Lafayette +2: 7-5-1
Lafayette +1: 12-4
EVEN: 12-10-1
Lehigh +1: 12-8-2
Lehigh +2: 5-7-1
Lehigh +3: 0-11 (this year's scenario)
Lehigh +4: 0-8
Lehigh +5 and up: 1-9

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 03:21 PM
More fun data facts:

Lafayette's record vs. Lehigh when having won the previous week's game: 50-30-2

Lehigh's record vs. LC when having won the previous week's game: 42-34-2

When both have won the previous week: LC leads 26-21-1

Neighbor2
November 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Good stuff, Pard4Life!

Now, my spotted friend . . . .

What would be more sweet? A win Saturday (league championship/playoffs) OR a win at Yankee Stadium next year (even if only win of the season)?

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 03:29 PM
As an FYI, I cannot recreate the same exact conditions (LC 4 wins, LU 8 wins, and previous week's results and current win/loss streaks) and tell you what happened the last time it occurred, because it has never happened before. xcoolx

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Good stuff, Pard4Life!

Now, my spotted friend . . . .

What would be more sweet? A win Saturday (league championship/playoffs) OR a win at Yankee Stadium next year (even if only win of the season)?

Both.

Franks Tanks
November 17th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Without being a complete Lehigh homer, the Hawks have had a solid year. They've beaten two high quality teams in Princeton and UNH. Only Fordham has shown the ability to play at that level this year.

The Bucknell debacle stunk. BUT, that IS going to happen every few years. Every team/program not named NDSU and Alabama has suffered those type of games every once in a while. Lehigh is entitled to one every 4-5 years. That streak was going to end at some point anyway. At least it was over quickly.

Kurfis and Sherman have been great this year. There is no denying that Kurfis has blown Ross out of the water. I called that all summer. Lee has a chance to break most of Spadola's single season records. How Lafayette fans can say they are not impressed with Sherman is a bit curious. He took the game over against LC last year. Once Barket went out Keith came in and got the running game going. He also had a great TD catch. In 2011 he broke the long TD run to get things going. The OL is also very good. Their ability to perform at a high level has allowed Colvin, BB and Shafnisky to succeed the last two years.

This is a talented/athletic team but it's not very deep imo. Depth is the biggest difference between this years team and the previous two. There's a little 2010 in this team. That team relied on a lot of younger guys (Chagani, Lum, Spadola, Drawl, Barket, Groome, Boyko, etc.). Lafayette is the more experienced team which is why they're dangerous in a rivalry game.

When looking at what both teams have done to this point (body of work) it's hard to argue that Lehigh is not a pretty definitive favorite. My guess is a quality Vegas book would set the line at 8-12 points. The rivalry and law of averages are the two most concerning thing if I'm an LU fan. If BOTH teams play their absolute A+ game LU wins. Lehigh has to avoid turnovers and poor field position. If I'm Lafayette I want this game played in the low 20's.

Princeton and UNH were quality wins.

Otherwise Lehigh just squeaked by powerful teams such as CCSU and Monmouth. Add in wins against Columbia, Georgetown and Holy Cross. Sure Lehigh is a good team, they won 8 games, but they are very vulnerable and won a lot of close games. Lafayette on the other hand lost a few close games early in the year when we were getting below average QB play. This has been a different team over the last 4-5 weeks.

Kurfis is a good reciver, but he isn't better than the guys from Fordham yesterday. Ditto for Sherman. These are solid players who have performed well this year, but they don't scare me. Kurfis has better numbers than Ross, but Ross is still better. He had poor QB play half the season and tons of double coverage.

RichH2
November 17th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Yes you can... don't listen to Rich and those other Lehigh clowns; they spend half their time face down in the leaves. It's not known as a kegger school for no reason.

You can see Lehigh's campus from the top floors of some of the taller buildings on the LC campus: Marquis, South, Reuf, Keefe, Pardee... but mainly South. But, it has to be when the leaves are off the trees.

Perhaps true but luckily we cant see you from Lehigh. Perhaps from the top of The Bell Labs Bldg at the crest but not from top of main campus.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I just love mentioning how Lehigh got shut out in their last playoff game.

In very big part because the NCAA made an unprecedented suspension of our star player who is now getting paid in the NFL. Carry on.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2013, 04:57 PM
How thrilled am I that NDSU fans are jumping on the Lafayette bandwagon?

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/legacyimages/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/02/mccain.jpg

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM
GO PARDS!

See I have established a Pard rooting section out in Fargo! Thanks NoDak 4 Ever!! Got txts after the game from 701s! :)

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I have always said that with the way our conference season has gone, there probably shouldn't be more that 2 MVFC teams. It really doesn't matter if there are 24 or 48 teams. You're all playing for 2nd place anyway.

:) :) :) I love North Dakota!!

ngineer
November 17th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Oh, just you wait . . . .

....Tampon dispensers have been installed in the visitor's locker room at Goodman just for the Leotards. Bring your own quarters.

ngineer
November 17th, 2013, 07:53 PM
A couple thoughts (after a 1 1/2 month hiatus due to a personal issue):

1) Assuming "supply line management" is actually supply chain management (which could also be called freight logistics), that is an increasingly respected degree in the business field. (The field is also a fast-growing job field.) Ensuring goods are able to be delivered to customers at the "right" time and cost is an important thing to many companies as they try to find ways to maximize efficiency. Many good schools have very good SCM programs. If you want to learn more and are based in the Lehigh Valley, check out the CSCMP Lehigh Valley roundtable.

2) Like most people, I think this game will be close. I'd predict a Lehigh win by 7-10 points, but I could see Lafayette pulling the moderate upset. Regardless who wins, I hope 1) Goodman Stadium is rocking next Saturday, and 2) the winner represents the Lehigh Valley and Patriot League well in the playoffs.

First, welcome back CHIP, but this is THE week when reasonable posts are scorned upon! (;-)

ngineer
November 17th, 2013, 07:59 PM

Not positive, but from the tower on Lehigh's research laboratories on South Mountain, you can probably pick out some of the Laughyette buildings in Easton. Enough to make you puke, but the rest of the view up into the Pocono Mountains mitigates the nausea.

ngineer
November 17th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I believe this yapping is more for the Laughing-at-it fans than the LU fans. He's trying to get more spotty putty cat faithful to jump back on the bandwagon. There was a report in the Morning Call about an abnormally high number of trips the emergency rooms in Easton due to sprained ankles. Rumor has it that it is directly related to LC fans constantly jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Bottom line - If LU can't beat the 4-6 juggernaut from Easton at home, they don't deserve the league title or a playoff bid.

You got it.

ngineer
November 17th, 2013, 08:08 PM

Lehigh could have easily kicked a few field goals early in the game but chose to go for it on fourth downs. So what? Our kids played hard and came up short I the red zone. Kudos to your strong defense as well, but our O was significantly hamstrung without our All-American WR. Not saying the ultimate outcome would have been different, but Bison would not have been able to double upon Drwl with Spadola in there, which would have likely generated some points. We were a much better team than Laughyette in 2011. This year the talent level is much closer.

carney2
November 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
we got a stop on our Fordham's first possession and we went for a TE strike and a huge gain on our first play. It was comical because Fordham had 7-8 in the box and we were in Frankosaurus formation.

You need to get your facts straight. On the first play after the "stop" (a missed field goal attempt) the Pards lined up five wide. Not a Frankosaurus in sight. The first play was a 25 yard completion to WR Mark Ross. The second was 27 down the middle to TE Brandon Hall.

van
November 18th, 2013, 08:13 AM
bump, must get this to page 1

van
November 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM
http://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/2008/images/LeopardSkin2.jpg

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 08:21 AM
http://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/2008/images/LeopardSkin2.jpg

Looks like Bethlehem man cave décor!

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Don't make me whip out and revive the Lehigh Information Thread again...

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Don't make me whip out and revive the Lehigh Information Thread again...

xrolleyesx C'mon P4L, this is the week for creative trash not a rehash of old banter. Do like van's leopard skin rug. A must for all Lehigh man caves

Bill
November 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Guys

Potential dumb question alert:

Is there any reason why broadcasts on the PLN wouldn't work overseas?

I am going to Italy Friday...but should be able to settle in Saturday night (time difference) to watch online.

Thanks!

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
dont think so with a wifi connection but .I had no trouble logging on from England 2 years ago.

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Let's start talking about what to expect from Lehigh (besides classless students and taunting players)

They have completely revamped their offense with the new Freshman QB. He reminds me a lot of the Colvin kid they had last year. He is a big kid who will run the ball quite often, but he is not fast. He is a power runner. Lehigh TB Keith Sherman is a quality back, but nothing special. He is not overly large, fast or shifty. Our "Sherman" is much better. Kurfis is their best reciever, and has had a great year. I think he will get most of his balls on screen, and safe short routes. They do not let their Freshman QB throw the ball downfield all that often. Basically we need to stop the run. Our DL and LB's need to play like men possessed. We can do this- we need to play smart and knock the snot out of them.

Lehigh has improved on D, but I think they are still a rather average defense. Their young LB's are quite athletic and are probably the strength of the defense.

I think Lehigh will try to control the clock with their run game. I think we need to play aggressive from the start. If we can throw to start the game, it will open up the run like last week. If we can get a bit of a lead and force Lehigh to pass good things will happen for us. Their Freshman QB does not appear comfortable pushing the ball downfield, and our secondary is great at making opposing QB's pay for their mistakes.

I believe we have the edge at the skill positions. Ross and Kurfis are about even, but our QB is much more likley to make big plays in the passing game. Our TB has much better big play ability as well, and we have Smalley in the return game.

Come out agressive on offense, and have our guys make a few big plays. Knock the crap out of them on D. Make them throw the ball, and take advantage of a Freshman QB with medicore ability to pass the ball downfield.

Lets do this

Well, it seems the Lafayette faithful have LU all figured out. I don't know why this game should even be played! Based on the above the Spotted Pussies should run away with this one......xcrazyx

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM
LOL change some of the names around and you are describing Lehigh to a tee. Truly a fan's perspective

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 11:45 AM
LOL change some of the names around and you are describing Lehigh to a tee. Truly a fan's perspective

All Bias aside, LU IS the favorite. Not by a whole lot, but by NFL standards a decided one. Probably in the 7-12 points range if a good Vegas bookie were to set a line...

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Let's start talking about what to expect from Lehigh (besides classless students and taunting players)

They have completely revamped their offense with the new Freshman QB. He reminds me a lot of the Colvin kid they had last year. He is a big kid who will run the ball quite often, but he is not fast. He is a power runner. Lehigh TB Keith Sherman is a quality back, but nothing special. He is not overly large, fast or shifty. Our "Sherman" is much better. Kurfis is their best reciever, and has had a great year. I think he will get most of his balls on screen, and safe short routes. They do not let their Freshman QB throw the ball downfield all that often. Basically we need to stop the run. Our DL and LB's need to play like men possessed. We can do this- we need to play smart and knock the snot out of them.

Lehigh has improved on D, but I think they are still a rather average defense. Their young LB's are quite athletic and are probably the strength of the defense.

I think Lehigh will try to control the clock with their run game. I think we need to play aggressive from the start. If we can throw to start the game, it will open up the run like last week. If we can get a bit of a lead and force Lehigh to pass good things will happen for us. Their Freshman QB does not appear comfortable pushing the ball downfield, and our secondary is great at making opposing QB's pay for their mistakes.

I believe we have the edge at the skill positions. Ross and Kurfis are about even, but our QB is much more likley to make big plays in the passing game. Our TB has much better big play ability as well, and we have Smalley in the return game.

Come out agressive on offense, and have our guys make a few big plays. Knock the crap out of them on D. Make them throw the ball, and take advantage of a Freshman QB with medicore ability to pass the ball downfield.

Lets do this

Well, it seems the Lafayette faithful have LU all figured out. I don't know why this game should even be played! Based on the above the Spotted Pussies should run away with this one......xcrazyx

Ya that was me. What is incorrect about my post?

Bill
November 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
the part about the classless students and taunting players :)

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 12:17 PM
FT Nothing at all,a fan's viewpoint. Plug in Lehigh names for Pards and you have described our view of our team to a large degree.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 12:19 PM
the part about the classless students and taunting players :)

:)

I certainly understand Lafayette is a flawed team as well. I've watched Lehigh play quite a few times this year as you guys are often on early in the day before the Pards play. Lehigh has certainly been more consistent game to game, but these are different teams from a few weeks ago. I think these teams are quite even right now. It will be fun.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Tanks,

Sherman; 923 Yards 5.8 Avg. , 7 TD's; Receiving 311 Yards 4 TD's

Scheuerman: 928 Yards 5.1 Avg., 10 TD's; Receiving 311 Yards 4 TD's

To say Sheuerman is much better is an incorrect statement. The numbers are almost identical and I'm sure the intangibles are as well. Much has been said about Keith's leadership the last few weeks. Keith also had a much better game in meeting #148....

Shafnisky threw the ball downfield against HC. He simply didn't have to against Colgate given the running game. What he did do is make 2 nice TD passes to Kurfis.

Given the fact that Shafnisky was voted the LV HS POY last year suggest he's pretty good given the talent in the LV. He also has the benifit of working with one of the best OC's in FCS. Cech made Lum into a Payton Finalist, Colvin a stat monster and BB a national leader in passing. Shaf IS extremely green, only 6 quarters of experience. Still, I'm confident Cech will put Shaf and the rest of the gang in a position to succeed imo....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 12:36 PM
:)

I certainly understand Lafayette is a flawed team as well. I've watched Lehigh play quite a few times this year as you guys are often on early in the day before the Pards play. Lehigh has certainly been more consistent game to game, but these are different teams from a few weeks ago. I think these teams are quite even right now. It will be fun.

Lafayette still lost to Colgate less than 10 days ago. What Lafayette is, is widly inconsistent. That trend has continued throughout the season. They've only won back-2-back games once. Georgetown was the second game.....

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM
All Bias aside, LU IS the favorite. Not by a whole lot, but by NFL standards a decided one. Probably in the 7-12 points range if a good Vegas bookie were to set a line...

Doubtful. Massey has Lehigh by three and a 55% chance of winning.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Lafayette still lost to Colgate less than 10 days ago. What Lafayette is, is widly inconsistent. That trend has continued throughout the season. They've only won back-2-back games once. Georgetown was the second game.....

Hopefully Frank Tavani learned his lesson to STFO of our offensive scheme... tale of the tape:

First half Colgate: three pass attempts
First half Fordham: nine rush attempts, three in the first quarter. Frankosaurus is endangered?!

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Lets do this

Hey Southsider...I'm not one of these folks that think this is a six inch putt. Games with you guys are always a b*tch! A lot of momentum swings usually take place so I do not assume a victory.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 01:06 PM

I would think seriously 7-10 Lehigh on the book.

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Tanks,

Sherman; 923 Yards 5.8 Avg. , 7 TD's; Receiving 311 Yards 4 TD's

Scheuerman: 928 Yards 5.1 Avg., 10 TD's; Receiving 311 Yards 4 TD's

To say Sheuerman is much better is an incorrect statement. The numbers are almost identical and I'm sure the intangibles are as well. Much has been said about Keith's leadership the last few weeks. Keith also had a much better game in meeting #148....

Shafnisky threw the ball downfield against HC. He simply didn't have to against Colgate given the running game. What he did do is make 2 nice TD passes to Kurfis.

Given the fact that Shafnisky was voted the LV HS POY last year suggest he's pretty good given the talent in the LV. He also has the benifit of working with one of the best OC's in FCS. Cech made Lum into a Payton Finalist, Colvin a stat monster and BB a national leader in passing. Shaf IS extremely green, only 6 quarters of experience. Still, I'm confident Cech will put Shaf and the rest of the gang in a position to succeed imo....

Thanks for compiling Owl............I figured the stats were close. One difference I see is that Sherman runs with much more power. He has been going through people lately, dragging them for the extra yards. Scheuerman gets his yards in space.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks for compiling Owl............I figured the stats were close. One difference I see is that Sherman runs with much more power. He has been going through people lately, dragging them for the extra yards. Scheuerman gets his yards in space.

NFW! Do they seriously BOTH have 311 yards receiving and 4 TDS or is that an error?

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM

Bassetts has it 70-80% Lu wins 31.5 -21.0

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 01:14 PM
NFW! Do they seriously BOTH have 311 yards receiving and 4 TDS or is that an error?

They seriously do...lol...

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Tickets for the 149th Meeting of Lehigh and Lafayette on Saturday, November 23, 2013 at Goodman Stadium are completely sold out. If the weather is forecast to be dry for game day, the grass bank on the south side of the stadium will go on sale on Wednesday morning 11/20 at 9:00am (online sale only) at lehightickets.com. No promotional code would be needed to purchase. The tickets would be on sale to anyone, first come, first served. There is no waiting list for these tickets. All tickets would be delivered by print-at-home method, meaning all customers would need to print these from their work or personal computer upon receiving them by email. The ticket price would be $25 each plus fees and taxes. Check back to LehighSports.com and follow @LehighSports on twitter for announcements about possible grass bank tickets sometime late Tuesday 11/19.

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hey Southsider...I'm not one of these folks that think this is a six inch putt. Games with you guys are always a b*tch! A lot of momentum swings usually take place so I do not assume a victory.

Hey Pard, I can assure you that "most" LU fans on this board do not assume victory either! It will be a battle, as it should be. What gets me is quotes like "their D is not that good", "we have the advantage at the skill positions", "he's a quality back, but nothing special". Listen, in this league a "quality back" IS SOMETHING SPECIAL! Additionally, please stop with the "taunting" thing. Look, kids do this crap. I don't like it either, but this stuff comes and goes. Pard fans are constantly telling us about the high quality kids in their program who refrain from that crap. OK, fine. But, like I said, kids do this stuff. Maybe Arthur was right, perhaps you should be in the Centenial with Muhlenberg/Moravian where you wouldn't have to deal with it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Lehigh also has Farrell and Hayden in the backfield. I'm not sure who else LC has besides Sheuerman

Farrell has 10 Rushing TD's and Hayden has 2 Receiving....

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Bethlehem, PA
Saturday
Partly Cloudy 50, Wind 14mph, Humidity 70%, 0-10% chance of precip during game time.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Hey Pard, I can assure you that "most" LU fans on this board do not assume victory either! It will be a battle, as it should be. What gets me is quotes like "their D is not that good", "we have the advantage at the skill positions", "he's a quality back, but nothing special". Listen, in this league a "quality back" IS SOMETHING SPECIAL! Additionally, please stop with the "taunting" thing. Look, kids do this crap. I don't like it either, but this stuff comes and goes. Pard fans are constantly telling us about the high quality kids in their program who refrain from that crap. OK, fine. But, like I said, kids do this stuff. Maybe Arthur was right, perhaps you should be in the Centenial with Muhlenberg/Moravian where you wouldn't have to deal with it.

Is that defensive back of yours out of jail yet? Lehigh sure could use him this weekend.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2052412]

Is that defensive back of yours out of jail yet? Lehigh sure could use him this weekend.

LOL, didn't LC have someone incarcerated or kicked off the team before the season? DB?
Consider it a "badge of honor" there must be a quota met to be considered big time xsmiley_wix

This week is always funny to me being a non-LU alum. I know there's several other non-FCS alums on this board, definitely a few Griz fans. I wonder how they look at the "Brawl"?....

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Franks Tanks;2052421]

LOL, didn't LC have someone incarcerated or kicked off the team before the season? DB?
Consider it a "badge of honor" there must be a quota met to be considered big time xsmiley_wix

This week is always funny to me being a non-LU alum. I know there's several other non-FCS alums on this board, definitely a few Griz fans. I wonder how they look at the "Brawl"?....

I do not recall a situation where a Lafayette player has been charged with a crime. If you can find one, please post it.

Frank suspends and kicks off a player here and there due to team or school violatons. We make these things public when possible. You don't hear much from Lehigh unless there is an arrest.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Tanks,

What was the Jamel Smith situation?

Lafayette College's (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/)Jamel Smith (http://stats.lehighvalleylive.com/cfb/players.asp?id=216771&team=163), the Patriot League Rookie of the Year in football in 2012, has left the school, officials confirmed tonight.Smith, a resident of New Egypt, N.J., was suspended indefinitely by head coach Frank Tavani for a violation of team rules and then chose to leave school.
Details of what caused the suspension were not available.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2013/07/patriot_league_rookie_of_the_y.html

Not much gets by me, I don't care what school you are xnodx

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Franks Tanks;2052421]

Yes, seem to remember a theft of some sort???

I 've heard Lafayette is going to disband the campus Police Dept. Their kids are so pure, they decided they just don't need it anymore. The money saved will go towards funding the Equestrian Team!

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Tanks,

What was the Jamel Smith situation?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2013/07/patriot_league_rookie_of_the_y.html

Not much gets by me, I don't care what school you are xnodx

Well I can tell you that he wasn't charged with a felony.

He violated "team rules" and was not arrested. BTY he wasn't kicked out of school. All we know is that Frank suspended him, and Smith did not want to serve his suspension and left school. Show me where Smith was charged or arrested. If this was supposed to be a "gotcha" it failed terribly.

Coen only issues a suspension for felonies it appears.

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Well I can tell you that he wasn't charged with a felony.

He violated "team rules" and was not arrested. BTY he wasn't kicked out of school. All we know is that Frank suspended him, and Smith did not want to serve his suspension and left school. Show me where Smith was charged or arrested. If this was supposed to be a "gotcha" it failed terribly.

Coen only issues a suspension for felonies it appears.

No FT other 3 were also suspended,no criminal charges

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2052433]

Yes, seem to remember a theft of some sort???

I 've heard Lafayette is going to disband the campus Police Dept. Their kids are so pure, they decided they just don't need it anymore. The money saved will go towards funding the Equestrian Team!

If you know what Smith did I would love to know because it didn't make any police reports.

If nothing else Lehigh leads the league in felony assault charges and poor graduation rates!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Southsider;2052448]

If you know what Smith did I would love to know because it didn't make any police reports.

If nothing else Lehigh leads the league in felony assault charges and poor graduation rates!

From one of your posters...

"I got a few PM's and I have enough information to comfortably state that Jamel won't be on the team this fall. It appears that the matter was handled internally by the school thus speculation on the offense and specifics wouldn't be appropriate."

I can act like an ignorant tool as well and go into some "LC Cover-up conspiracy" but I'll digress....

Why don't we make a list of ever single PL football player who's be arrested? That would be productive?right?

What if the LU kid is found not guilty? Then what? He'll be back playing and Jamel will be where? Who's right and who's wrong? C'mon don't spend the week doing this. You're better than that...

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Franks Tanks;2052451]

From one of your posters...

"I got a few PM's and I have enough information to comfortably state that Jamel won't be on the team this fall. It appears that the matter was handled internally by the school thus speculation on the offense and specifics wouldn't be appropriate."

I can act like an ignorant tool as well and go into some "LC Cover-up conspiracy" but I'll digress....

Why don't we make a list of ever single PL football player who's be arrested? That would be productive?right?

What if the LU kid is found not guilty? Then what? He'll be back playing and Jamel will be where? Who's right and who's wrong? C'mon don't spend the week doing this. You're better than that...

I made a simple statement relating to the number of felony arrests this season. Most of the rest of the commentary had been added by others.

Back to football.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Lehigh also has Farrell and Hayden in the backfield. I'm not sure who else LC has besides Sheuerman

Farrell has 10 Rushing TD's and Hayden has 2 Receiving....

LC has 250 pound Greg "The power from the Pocono's" Kessel.

Just wait until the Lehigh LB who likes to show off his belly button(who does he think he is, Brian Bosworth in 1985) gets a load of that guy.

Southsider
November 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM

Just wait until the Lehigh LB who likes to show off his belly button(who does he think he is, Brian Bosworth in 1985) gets a load of that guy.

In Pardville this is probably considered taunting?

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
In Pardville this is probably considered taunting?

I do find it offensive

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
They seriously do...lol...

Haha Owl is that fricking bizarre!

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Tickets for the 149th Meeting of Lehigh and Lafayette on Saturday, November 23, 2013 at Goodman Stadium are completely sold out. If the weather is forecast to be dry for game day, the grass bank on the south side of the stadium will go on sale on Wednesday morning 11/20 at 9:00am (online sale only) at lehightickets.com. No promotional code would be needed to purchase. The tickets would be on sale to anyone, first come, first served. There is no waiting list for these tickets. All tickets would be delivered by print-at-home method, meaning all customers would need to print these from their work or personal computer upon receiving them by email. The ticket price would be $25 each plus fees and taxes. Check back to LehighSports.com and follow @LehighSports on twitter for announcements about possible grass bank tickets sometime late Tuesday 11/19.

Ah, the grassy knoll comes into the spotlight again - 50 years and a day later!! I understand they postponed the LU-LC game a week in 1963 as it was scheduled for Nov. 23rd, a day after the Dallas tragedy. Inasmuch as the following week was Thanksgiving break were there many fans to watch it?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Keith Sherman PL Offensive Player of the Week

Nick Shafnisky PL Rookie of the Week

CENTER VALLEY, Pa. - Lehigh set up a Patriot League football title showdown with rival Lafayette by winning 31-14 at Colgate on Saturday, and the Mountain Hawks on Monday had two student-athletes honored after key performances in the victory.

(http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111813aaa.html)Senior running back Keith Sherman earned his second straight Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week award after rushing for a career-high 184 yards and a touchdown in the win, while freshman quarterback Nick Shafnisky takes home his second consecutive Rookie of the Week honor after throwing for 134 yards and two touchdowns against the Raiders.
(http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111813aaa.html)

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Keith Sherman PL Offensive Player of the Week

Nick Shafnisky PL Rookie of the Week

http://www.patriotleague.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111813aaa.html

HONORABLE MENTION
ROSS SCHEUERMAN, LAFAYETTE Jr., RB, 6-1, 202; Creamridge, N.J./Allentown
Scheuerman carried 23 times for 169 yards and two touchdowns in Lafayette's 27-14 upset of No. 5 Fordham Saturday. DeOLIVER DAVIS, LAFAYETTE Sr., DB, 6-2, 189; Flourtown, Pa./Hun School
Davis had five tackles and two of Lafayette's four interceptions in Saturday's upset of Fordham

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 02:16 PM
The most egregious thing is the Colgate star RB getting busted for breaking into dorm rooms and Biddle suspends him for a game against a cupcake.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM

HONORABLE MENTION
Scheuerman carried 23 times for 169 yards and two touchdowns in Lafayette's 27-14 upset of No. 5 Fordham Saturday. DeOLIVER DAVIS, LAFAYETTE Sr., DB, 6-2, 189; Flourtown, Pa./Hun School
Davis had five tackles and two of Lafayette's four interceptions in Saturday's upset of Fordham

DD with the smother!! Pun intended! :)

carney2
November 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cue Andy Williams:

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

Bogus Megapardus
November 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2924/bdiz.png

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 03:50 PM
So Princeton has infected Lehigh? Or was it vice versa? xlolx

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM

HONORABLE MENTION
Poor Pards forever coming in behind Lehigh.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Poor Pards forever coming in behind Lehigh.

76-67-5. Need I say more?

van
November 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM

rest on those laurels, gap is closing rapidly.

Kramer
November 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2924/bdiz.png

bogie, you are funny and creative. Too bad you're part of the dark side.

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM
bogie, you are funny and creative. Too bad you're part of the dark side.

The "hundreds stung at Lehigh spelling bee" cracked me up..

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Still living in the way distant past. Try just the last 25 yrs.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Still living in the way distant past. Try just the last 25 yrs.

Do you rehash the same argument every year?

So in that lens, I guess this is only Game 26 of our Rivalry because the previous 123 did not count.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Prep for this week
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1425708_10151821328567684_1979808688_n.jpg

RichH2
November 18th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Do you rehash the same argument every year?

So in that lens, I guess this is only Game 26 of our Rivalry because the previous 123 did not count.
All of them count,P4L,just absolutely irrelevant to the present. Lafayette football is nothing like it was 50 yrs ago. Relying on past to prove current capability is absurd. If anything Pards should be ashamed of how they have tarnished their turn of the century success.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Now it can be told: one of Lafayette's best football players (for a few games, anyway) was secretly a clothing designer.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjKiG4UJ0cZXUZrLpQGKWhbciD2YkaG FwEAwas2Uric9JYUNhU

lehighfball
November 19th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Now it can be told: one of Lafayette's best football players (for a few games, anyway) was secretly a clothing designer.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjKiG4UJ0cZXUZrLpQGKWhbciD2YkaG FwEAwas2Uric9JYUNhU

The famous "Yost affair". Yost played one game for Lafayette in 1896. He left the WVU football team to play in the Lafayette/Penn game. He never returned to Lafayette to attend classes as promised. The good old dirty days of Lafayette football!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I revisited the season of 1898 to talk about a good old-fashioned "Snow Bowl":

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-punts-slush-and-hall-of-fame-coach.html

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
http://content8.flixster.com/photo/12/31/96/12319618_gal.jpg

"And there it is..."

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/schooltours/BSLehighUGSS/image/1_aerial.jpg

"Lehigh University"

http://076dd0a50e0c1255009e-bd4b8aabaca29897bc751dfaf75b290c.r40.cf1.rackcdn.c om/images/files/000/301/772/original/original.jpg

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Bill
November 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
pard - Love the Star Wars references...but where did you dig up that old fossil? That picture has to be at least 10 years old....the new STEPS building isn't there!

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM
pard - Love the Star Wars references...but where did you dig up that old fossil? That picture has to be at least 10 years old....the new STEPS building isn't there!

That old fossil is from a great magazine... businessweek. I just googled images.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 03:51 PM
What's the lame deal here: "Lehigh Athletics advises fans to arrive early for Saturday's game due to expected heavy traffic. Fans are also encouraged to head to the stadium gates early to avoid entry lines and ensure that all fans can be at their seats by kickoff. To help accomplish this, please allow a minimum of 40 minutes to get from the parking lot to your seat."

Translation: Drunk checkpoints. Bag searching.

Totally lame... there has never been an entry issue. Maybe if Lehigh had more than one entry gate, like Fisher. Durf! xnutsx

Get there at 9am... no traffic.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 04:00 PM
http://copiosa.org/Lord_Rings_images/gandalf_frodo_moria.jpg

"I advise those of you from Lafayette: be on your guard on the Mountain. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world: intoxicated Lehigh football fans."

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
http://llpayroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/natural-light-logo.jpg

"Natural Light: The Official Drink of Lehigh University"

Engineer86
November 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
What's the lame deal here: "Lehigh Athletics advises fans to arrive early for Saturday's game due to expected heavy traffic. Fans are also encouraged to head to the stadium gates early to avoid entry lines and ensure that all fans can be at their seats by kickoff. To help accomplish this, please allow a minimum of 40 minutes to get from the parking lot to your seat."

Totally lame... there has never been an entry issue. Maybe if Lehigh had more than one entry gate, like Fisher. Durf! xnutsx

Definitely by 9am for breakfast. The single gate is definitely a Goodman fault along with the score board. BUT the bathrooms are much better than Fisher

Engineer86
November 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
http://copiosa.org/Lord_Rings_images/gandalf_frodo_moria.jpg

"I advise those of you from Lafayette: be on your guard on the Mountain. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world: intoxicated Lehigh football fans."

Pick me, pick me

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM
http://cdm.lafayette.edu/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/cap&CISOPTR=1844&DMSCALE=12.50000&DMWIDTH=700&DMHEIGHT=700&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=4&DMTHUMB=1&DMROTATE=0

ngineer
November 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Didn't seem to make much of a dent in the line against Colgate two weeks ago during Frankasaurus attack of the line dives.

ngineer
November 19th, 2013, 06:04 PM
rest on those laurels, gap is closing rapidly.

Quite rapidly. It was almost a 2:1 deficit when I was a freshman.

ngineer
November 19th, 2013, 06:11 PM

Huh? As opposed to the little funnels on either side of Davis Gym. Talk about a logjam. I think the school is just suggesting people to not expect to just waltz in because of the bag search's and security pat downs that aren't done at the other home games.

ngineer
November 19th, 2013, 06:13 PM
http://cdm.lafayette.edu/cgi-bin/getimage.exe?CISOROOT=/cap&CISOPTR=1844&DMSCALE=12.50000&DMWIDTH=700&DMHEIGHT=700&DMX=0&DMY=0&DMTEXT=&REC=4&DMTHUMB=1&DMROTATE=0

Jus' say the magic woyd and you win an all expense paid trip within walking distance of your home; and the hint is "dinosaur"....

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I revisited the season of 1898 to talk about a good old-fashioned "Snow Bowl":

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-punts-slush-and-hall-of-fame-coach.html

What?! LC did make use of a snowplow to clear the 4 inches of slush for the FG?

van
November 20th, 2013, 04:52 AM
http://www.marxists.org/glossary/people/l/pics/lafayette-marquis-de.jpg

We don't always lose 6 in a row to the Engineers,
but when we do we blame the Frankasaurus.
Stay thirsty my friends!

lquarles
November 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Lehigh's really struggling without McCollum. I thought they would be pretty good this year. When he got hurt against VCU last season, the team started playing better overall.

lquarles
November 20th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Lehigh's really struggling without McCollum. I thought they would be pretty good this year. When he got hurt against VCU last season, the team started playing better overall.Referring to their basketball team.

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Referring to their basketball team.

I though basketball started in March?

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM

Here's the Lehigh O-line after the 1997 Victory... I'm 62

van
November 20th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I though basketball started in March?

Ignore the troll, probably a Blue Devil.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 12:55 PM

Here's the Lehigh O-line after the 1997 Victory... I'm 62

CongraTS. IF I'm correct on this we had a 19 point advantage at one point?

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
CongraTS. IF I'm correct on this we had a 19 point advantage at one point?

Yes, were down by 3 scores I believe. We got a 'questionable' TD that was bobbled in the endzone by Braswell on a long pass from Stambaugh. I think that started our rally.

1995 we came back from 16 down in 4th qtr, capped by Klingerman's amazing catch. 1996 we also mounted a rally at Lafayette to win 23-19 & 1997 was the three score comeback. 1998 was a blowout. Lafayette always had the toughest D Line that I played against all year.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
What?! LC did make use of a snowplow to clear the 4 inches of slush for the FG?

LOL. In a way. The holder was the "snowplow" that cleared out the slush, according to The Lafayette.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Yes, were down by 3 scores I believe. We got a 'questionable' TD that was bobbled in the endzone by Braswell on a long pass from Stambaugh. I think that started our rally.

1995 we came back from 16 down in 4th qtr, capped by Klingerman's amazing catch. 1996 we also mounted a rally at Lafayette to win 23-19 & 1997 was the three score comeback. 1998 was a blowout. Lafayette always had the toughest D Line that I played against all year.

Are you sure 1995 was all in 4th - I thought started late 3rd? I think we had a 16 point advantage in 1996. I so recall walking out of Goodman after the 1997 game and a fan nearby yelling "HOW MANY DO YOU NEED BILL?!?!" meaning points to hold a lead!

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
LOL. In a way. The holder was the "snowplow" that cleared out the slush, according to The Lafayette.

Yes I noted. Hard to believe the Jets-Dolphins snowplow game was Dec. 1982 already! Anyways, how many games in memory has it been played with snow on playing area? I do recall my frosh year we got a solid 4 inches or so of snow (I think the previous Tues or Wed evening) and it remained cold the rest of the week so there was snow left over in the stands from clearing the seats/ walkways and on the ring of the field in places. Naturally this became a great diversion for the fans of a Lehigh blowout (32-0) and they started pelting the police and cheerleaders and the Pard and the old alums and their friends and...So by the end of the game the cops were in a foul mood when the kids rushed the goalposts in the final minute and let the nightsticks fly! Many a battered head indeed! I know a few of these went to Easton Hospital. The only other time in 33 years of watching the Lehigh game of snow was snow squalls (no accumulation) that broke out at halftime and early 3rd quarter of first game in Goodman in 1989. I recall I was at the visitors side (leeward) at concessions under stands and I was in back of line and I hear this roar in the stands. Im like WTF? And I step aside to look through the passageway and the snow was advancing through the stadium! It only lasted like a few minutes each time. But I thought "ah kids!"

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
From Wiki:

Overtime catch[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Rivalry_(Lehigh%E2%80%93Lafaye tte)&action=edit&section=9)]The 1995 game, the first year in which the Patriot League used overtime, was decided in the second overtime session. Following a 30–30 regulation score and a scoreless first possession of overtime, Lehigh wide receiver Brian Klingerman caught a pass with one hand from quarterback Bob Aylsworth in the back of the end zone. The catch not only won the game for Lehigh, which trailed 30–14 midway in the fourth quarter, but led them to clinch the Patriot League championship.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rivalry_(Lehigh%E2%80%93Lafayette)#cite_note-gamenotes-7)[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rivalry_(Lehigh%E2%80%93Lafayette)#cite_note-9)

Franks Tanks
November 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM

There were several huge Lehigh comebacks in the late 90's as Pards Rule stated, but the details and years are lost to me. Lafayette had some great D-lineman in those days- Dan Bengle, Hansen, Green a guy with a polish name starting in Z (I am being very specific now). Russo's teams weren't always good, but they could always hit.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 01:53 PM
From Wiki:

Overtime catch[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Rivalry_(Lehigh%E2%80%93Lafaye tte)&action=edit&section=9)]

The 1995 game, the first year in which the Patriot League used overtime, was decided in the second overtime session. Following a 30–30 regulation score and a scoreless first possession of overtime, Lehigh wide receiver Brian Klingerman caught a pass with one hand from quarterback Bob Aylsworth in the back of the end zone. The catch not only won the game for Lehigh, which trailed 30–14 midway in the fourth quarter, but led them to clinch the Patriot League championship.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rivalry_(Lehigh%E2%80%93Lafayette)#cite_note-gamenotes-7)[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rivalry_(Lehigh%E2%80%93Lafayette)#cite_note-9)

Ok even WORSE than I thought. If I recall that was two TDs and not one but TWO 2 pointers!!!

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
There were several huge Lehigh comebacks in the late 90's as Pards Rule stated, but the details and years are lost to me. Lafayette had some great D-lineman in those days- Dan Bengle, Hansen, Green a guy with a polish name starting in Z (I am being very specific now). Russo's teams weren't always good, but they could always hit.

The guy I always remember giving me a ***** ton of problems was #67. i want to say his name was John Smith, but can't be sure. The guy was strong as an ox. I couldn't budge him an inch in '96 & '97. We did have an all american tackle playing next to me who would help out with a couple shots on the chip though..

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM
The guy I always remember giving me a ***** ton of problems was #67. i want to say his name was John Smith, but can't be sure. The guy was strong as an ox. I couldn't budge him an inch in '96 & '97. We did have an all american tackle playing next to me who would help out with a couple shots on the chip though..

When I get a chance I have my old programs - every year since 1980. I should donate them to a LC-LU Game museum? Oh my where would they locate such an endeavor? Prob have to be neutral Allentown LOL!

RichH2
November 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
149, a year for all of us to remember past years as a prelude to 150. Reading here and both our boards does seem to be the prevalent mood. I am not eloquent enough to express my fondness for this week and for our rivalry ,win or lose. I'll leave that to Bogie.

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 02:33 PM
149, a year for all of us to remember past years as a prelude to 150. Reading here and both our boards does seem to be the prevalent mood. I am not eloquent enough to express my fondness for this week and for our rivalry ,win or lose. I'll leave that to Bogie.

He can put together a Fisher Field Address!

RichH2
November 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
He can put together a Fisher Field Address!

:)xthumbsupx Excellent in a top hat and the requisite beard. I can hear it now " Four score and....."

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM
:)xthumbsupx Excellent in a top hat and the requisite beard. I can hear it now " Four score and....."

Yes! And how many people know a score is 20 years?

RichH2
November 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
xlolx Well ,you and me for sure.

citdog
November 20th, 2013, 03:51 PM

149? All I remember is whipping your ass at Trevelian Station.

http://www.trevilianstation.org/images/Charge.jpg

Bill
November 20th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Trevelian Station?

I'll take "What is the Overland Campaign" for $300 please, Alex.....:)

citdog
November 20th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Trevelian Station?

I'll take "What is the Overland Campaign" for $300 please, Alex.....:)

that would cost 60,000. More men than Lee had SOLDIERS in the Army of Northern Virginia.

the 150 thing tells me that the young men at le high and lafayette were cowards and shirkers or they saw the RIGHTEOUSNESS of THE CAUSE and wanted no part in attempting to tyrannize a free people who only asked to be left alone to pursue their own national identity and take their rightful place amongst the Nations.

as a victim when you celebrate this 150 anniv as a joyous occasion it offends me and I think of contacting a civil rights group to force you to cancel this celebration as it is "hostile and abusive" and "generally offensive"

LehighU11
November 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM
that would cost 60,000. More men than Lee had SOLDIERS in the Army of Northern Virginia.

the 150 thing tells me that the young men at le high and lafayette were cowards and shirkers or they saw the RIGHTEOUSNESS of THE CAUSE and wanted no part in attempting to tyrannize a free people who only asked to be left alone to pursue their own national identity and take their rightful place amongst the Nations.

as a victim when you celebrate this 150 anniv as a joyous occasion it offends me and I think of contacting a civil rights group to force you to cancel this celebration as it is "hostile and abusive" and "generally offensive"

FYI, it's not a 150th anniversary. The first was in 1884. Many years early on, there were 2 or 3 games played between LC and LU.

Rutgers and Princeton didn't even play the first college game until '69!

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Ok, here is the 1998 OLine with Coach Coen in the pic. This isn't the Lafayette game though because we were away that year. May have been the Colgate game.

ngineer
November 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM
HC Coen at today's luncheon indicated that McHale is now 100% and possible he could start. Won't be determined until Friday. Matt was still hurting a bit last week so he was kept out. Travelled to Hamilton only if dire emergency arose. Coen noted that both LC and LU are peaking right now with both playing their best football of the season. Also attributes the improved D on some new schemes that have employed and some shifting of personnel. Fully expects "the kitchen sink" from the 'pards with many blitz packages. Question is whether you can catch them at the right time with the right call. Forecast improving at the moment with only 10-15% chance of showers. Cloudy and high of 50F. Coen will be speaking to the football alums at 10 a.m. at the Rust Family Football Pavilion. Toughest thing at this point is keeping the kids 'somewhat' restrained so as to get too high, too early. Getting pumped already!

citdog
November 20th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Ok, here is the 1998 OLine with Coach Coen in the pic. This isn't the Lafayette game though because we were away that year. May have been the Colgate game.

Where is the diversity you yankees preach so much about?

RichH2
November 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Boy, you veer from funny and sharp to WTF posts. Look at this year's roster if you really need an answer to that question. Heck, look at the 1998 r0ster.

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM

We were diverse everywhere except OLine. This was the 90s. I believe they are more diverse today. Citdog, I got an old pic of me and Higgins after a Princeton game, I have to dig it up for u.

Doc QB
November 21st, 2013, 11:18 AM

My fellow ATOs and myself, circa 1992 (but not after the LU-Laf game, which was following week in Easton. We were diverse and perverse.

Bill
November 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Doc - now you have me trying to figure out who you are! I know you're not Yadush or Almassy :).....

RichH2
November 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Doc - now you have me trying to figure out who you are! I know you're not Yadush or Almassy :).....

C'mon Bill, QB 1992 You can do it.

Southsider
November 21st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wow, did this thread quiet down since early in the week..........Weather by kick-off looks to be cold and somewhat windy. I think that favors LU run game............Prediction:

LU - 19

Lafayette - 14

Doc QB
November 21st, 2013, 01:38 PM
Bill....funny you know those guys. I am the handsome chap donning the number two. Backed up Kempa and Sempti 91-93 until knee took my life.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Bill....funny you know those guys. I am the handsome chap donning the number two. Backed up Kempa and Sempti 91-93 until knee took my life.

Doc, you were in ATO... Was Meurer, Curt Kelly or Closson around when you were there?

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
All right, enough of this lame gooey Lehigh love-in BS... focus! You LTIT (Lehigh Technical Institute of Technology) alumni are pretty weak...

http://watchcartoononline.com/thumbs/Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Season-4-Episode-21--Manners-Suck--1-2-.jpg

"Hey Beavis.."
"Uh, yeah Butthead?"
"Get a load of those turds in football uniforms"
"Turd loads? he-heh-hehe..."
"Lehigh.. uh-huh-huh"

Bill
November 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18553&stc=1

A weekend gone horribly wrong for the Lepers....

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 03:26 PM
xsmhx ... a shame, poor animal. Leopard poaching is illegal... unless you are from Lehigh... but then it's quite understandable because reading comprehension is covered in Lehigh's graduate program.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM
How many grass seats were sold? I assume the pre-grass sellout was 16,000? I guess when can expect about 16,500 on hand...

carney2
November 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
How many grass seats were sold? I assume the pre-grass sellout was 16,000? I guess when can expect about 16,500 on hand...

I don't ever recall tickets being sold for the grassy knoll. My fuzzy memory says that you needed an actual seat to get in the stadium and then those that wanted deserted the stands for the knoll. That would always explain the unpopulated areas of the stands that would lead to "it wasn't really a sellout" from some.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 03:55 PM
I don't ever recall tickets being sold for the grassy knoll. My fuzzy memory says that you needed an actual seat to get in the stadium and then those that wanted deserted the stands for the knoll. That would always explain the unpopulated areas of the stands that would lead to "it wasn't really a sellout" from some.

No, they have sold grassy knoll seats separately before. Most of the people do not even make it in from the parking lot, or they stand along the railing. They also sell standing-room only seats. Yours truly was stuck with one for the 2007 game (ended up sitting in my usual spot because of the empty seat phenomenon) due to an early sell out... afterwards I started getting season tickets.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM
25 years ago, I attended my first Lehigh/Lafayette game.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/25-years-ago-my-first-lehighlafayette.html

Bill
November 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Pard -

I love that we should listen to your discussion on reading comprehension...following a Beavis & Butthead cartoonxrotatehx

van
November 21st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Kinda missing the Boogie smack, any sighting of that spotted creature?

RichH2
November 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Agree, hope Bogie OK. He was a bit disgruntled earlier in the season. Since Reed has started Pards doing better so I thought he got his gruntle backxrolleyesx .He did post a photoshop special a few days ago,so perhaps RL is keeping him busy

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2013, 07:16 PM
All right, enough of this lame gooey Lehigh love-in BS... focus! You LTIT (Lehigh Technical Institute of Technology) alumni are pretty weak...

http://watchcartoononline.com/thumbs/Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Season-4-Episode-21--Manners-Suck--1-2-.jpg

"Hey Beavis.."
"Uh, yeah Butthead?"
"Get a load of those turds in football uniforms"
"Turd loads? he-heh-hehe..."
"Lehigh.. uh-huh-huh"

I didn't realize u were a moderator of the Lehigh Laf threads P4L. Leopard Nazi.

Doc QB
November 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Doc, you were in ATO... Was Meurer, Curt Kelly or Closson around when you were there?
Yes. I was their pledgemaster. Great guys all.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Yes. I was their pledgemaster. Great guys all.

Fantastic. 3 of the funnier guys I have ever met.

LehighU11
November 21st, 2013, 08:50 PM

They definitely sold grass seating in 2011, but not for the other two I've been to at Goodman in '07 and '09. I seem to recall 2,000 grass and SRO tickets made available a couple years ago. Early scoring for LU in '11 kept many in the parking lots and sent more back to their tailgates, resulting in a half-full LC side.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 08:54 PM
I didn't realize u were a moderator of the Lehigh Laf threads P4L. Leopard Nazi.

Eh, it's kind of dead around here. It's dead on your board. It's dead on our board. And it's for the championship.

Maybe we all got too excited for 150 and petered out?

And maybe we will be treated to one of the best Lafayette-Lehigh games in the past few decades. The teams seem very even that I'm not even sure what will happen... I can't even take the temperature.

If anything, I'd give a slight edge to Lehigh because we have the Frankosaurus, who might recycle the game plan from 2009 (like Colgate this year from last year)... and our OL has to play consistently the entire game. The OL has been tremendous the past several games (Colgate kind of a wash), but it is still not an automatic from this group. I think our DL has quietly been gaining strength and should make a big impact for us. Overall, I think the burden rests upon our offense to determine who wins this game.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
They definitely sold grass seating in 2011, but not for the other two I've been to at Goodman in '07 and '09. I seem to recall 2,000 grass and SRO tickets made available a couple years ago. Early scoring for LU in '11 kept many in the parking lots and sent more back to their tailgates, resulting in a half-full LC side.

Even the venerable c2 made a bee-line for the parking lot by the third quarter in 2011... that game was a disgrace. It was painful to watch the fourth quarter, and I remember sitting through 2001.

RichH2
November 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM
P4L
An odd year perhaps because for the 1st time in many years it really id a dead even game not only to try to break Pard streak but also for PL title. I thought this would give ise to new levels of trash but IMO 150 has deflected all of us to recalling our memories of this game. Not a bad thing actually,just a surprise,

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 09:15 PM
Preview from the Lafayette camp... analysis of both teams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelYkC3oQ_c&list=UUsP7g2XOgcerV6GXpjmSS5w

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2013, 09:29 PM
Eh, it's kind of dead around here. It's dead on your board. It's dead on our board. And it's for the championship.

Maybe we all got too excited for 150 and petered out?

And maybe we will be treated to one of the best Lafayette-Lehigh games in the past few decades. The teams seem very even that I'm not even sure what will happen... I can't even take the temperature.

If anything, I'd give a slight edge to Lehigh because we have the Frankosaurus, who might recycle the game plan from 2009 (like Colgate this year from last year)... and our OL has to play consistently the entire game. The OL has been tremendous the past several games (Colgate kind of a wash), but it is still not an automatic from this group. I think our DL has quietly been gaining strength and should make a big impact for us. Overall, I think the burden rests upon our offense to determine who wins this game.

The Colgate game was a real head scratcher for the Leopards. Just when I thought they had things turned around and ready to claim stake to the League, they come out and lay an egg in the first half.

You could say the same for Lehigh against Bucknell, but I think that was more of a case of not being ready to play mentally mixed with a fired up Bucknell squad.

Needless to say, neither team will be overlooking the other this week.

Pard4Life
November 21st, 2013, 09:46 PM
The Colgate game was a real head scratcher for the Leopards. Just when I thought they had things turned around and ready to claim stake to the League, they come out and lay an egg in the first half.

You could say the same for Lehigh against Bucknell, but I think that was more of a case of not being ready to play mentally mixed with a fired up Bucknell squad.

Needless to say, neither team will be overlooking the other this week.

Oh no, you know he's got to go, go go Frankosaurus!

RichH2
November 21st, 2013, 10:18 PM
I do hope Frank shakes off this new idea of letting his assts actually do their job and takes over the game calls.:)

ngineer
November 21st, 2013, 11:36 PM
Preview from the Lafayette camp... analysis of both teams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelYkC3oQ_c&list=UUsP7g2XOgcerV6GXpjmSS5w

Excellent comparisons for such a brief summary.

ngineer
November 21st, 2013, 11:44 PM
Forecast now calling for 'showers' Friday night into early Saturday a.m. Should be gone by tailgate time. Could leave the field wet--don't know if they will cover the field Friday night. Both teams have strong similarities in personnel coming into this game: the QBs, RBs, WRs. I think our OL has shown an edge to date giving up only 11 sacks all year. LU pass defense will be critical and will start with a good rush on Reed. Special teams give a slight edge to LC on performance to date, though Lehigh is 'due' for a long KO return. Leaks has shown flashes and LC's return guy has already shown his stuff this year. Also, LU punter, Divers, has been very solid. Very good average but deadly placing ball inside the 20 and had a killer 'coffin corner' punt against 'gate last week that set up the first TD. LU PK is a freshman with a very strong leg, but how he handles the hot lights of this game will be crucial. Team with the least TOs and mistakes, especially 'stupid' penalties will win.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2013, 01:04 AM
My belated preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/11/game-preview-lafayette-at-lehigh.html

van
November 22nd, 2013, 04:05 AM
Really worry about mistakes in this one, lot of young guys playing, can they handle the big atmosphere and play within themselves.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 22nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
FCS Gameday Report Podcast has an item on Rivalry 149 this weekend:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/781-podcast-fcs-gameday-report-week-of-11-23-2013

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2013, 09:32 AM

My frosh & soph roommate secured "SRO" tickets in 2009 - thats what they said on them - basically to be used for the grassy knoll - made famous 50 years ago today!

RichH2
November 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mistakes and big plays will,IMO, be the story of the game.

Neighbor2
November 22nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Always seems to be Lafayette uncorking a long bomb that makes things difficult for Lehigh in this game. All things considered, there can't possibly be a clear favorite to win this year. Can't wait!