PDA

View Full Version : App @ Wofford

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 05:37 AM
This thread would have 5 pages by this time in a normal year, but both are having disappointing seasons. Looking forward to our last road SoCon game, WC plays us tough every year and I expect a close one today with turnovers being the deciding factor.

WataugaDave
November 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM
It's too bad this game isn't being played in Boone, we could call it The Smoke Bowl.

citdog
November 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
one more week

catamount man
November 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
one more week...until WCU takes the Jug for all eternity. LOL! GO CATS!

Apphole
November 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Historic day. The last time App plays at an FCS venue.

How I'll miss having literally one portajon for use of the entire tailgate area and watching children ride card board down a hill in between plays.

citdog
November 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Historic day. The last time App plays at an FCS venue.

How I'll miss having literally one portajon for use of the entire tailgate area and watching children ride card board down a hill in between plays.

one is too many for your bunch. church rules apply so cover up your apphole when you are done making your furman

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Apphole, have you been a fan for like 25 seconds or did you never know App State for years had a grass hill folks sat on and portajohns in the stadium?

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM
App's C, RG, and RT out today due to illness. The left side of our line has been weak, Kam better look out, yikes.

Apphole
November 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Apphole, have you been a fan for like 25 seconds or did you never know App State for years had a grass hill folks sat on and portajohns in the stadium?

I was here when we had portajohns in the stadium.

I mean one jon for 1500 traveling App tailgaters is absurd. It was amateur hour in the upstate last time I took the trip.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Oline is terrible, 5 penalties on them already, linebackers are acting like they've never seen the triple option. Good job guys.

going to be some changes in assistants in ~30 days.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Looks like it could be a shootout. I wish we had had an offensive unit when we played in Boone.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Wofford goes conservative and stops themselves then misses a 37 yard FG.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Both teams now seem to get a player injured each series. Going to be interesting in the 4th as both are playing a ton of backups now.

theasushow
November 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM
26-14 asu 12:40 left

theasushow
November 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM
MAss exodus at Gibbs. 33-14 Neers.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Wofford player ejected for second unsportsmanlike penalty.

If you had told me App would have won only two SoCon games with one to go and the wins would be against the other two of the "big three" (since 2006)... Bizarro world for App fans this year. So if we lose all the games we usually win that isn't going to be good next weekend.

Apphole
November 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM
And the Apps play spoiler.

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Looks like a good win heading for the Mountaineers.

Let's hope the little dogs are ready to mail it in next week too.

ASUG8
November 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I couldn't believe we let a running offense convert on 4th and 32 today, but it happened. Good day for the Apps....we needed it.

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
It's (clearly) a down year for us. We got outcoached today.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
The dean of the SoCon got out coached by a first year HC that people wanted to fire after four games.

one thing that surprised me was the unsportsmanlike penalties and overall attitude of the Wofford players they typically don't act like that.

Good win for our guys, need to finish strong.

AppMan
November 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I was here when we had portajohns in the stadium.

I mean one jon for 1500 traveling App tailgaters is absurd. It was amateur hour in the upstate last time I took the trip.

I sure am going to miss the high school band half time shows, the fair trailer concession stand and running out of stuff - like they did today with water and popcorn - before the half.

AppMan
November 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM
It's (clearly) a down year for us. We got outcoached today.

Not so much out coached as out athleted. Esp in the second half.

PaladinFan
November 16th, 2013, 07:44 PM
The dean of the SoCon got out coached by a first year HC that people wanted to fire after four games.

one thing that surprised me was the unsportsmanlike penalties and overall attitude of the Wofford players they typically don't act like that.

Good win for our guys, need to finish strong.

Looked at the box score, counted something like six personal fouls. Also noted Donovan Johnson left with an injury and never returned.

Hard to know whether Wofford has mailed it in, or whether they are going to throw the kitchen sink at Furman next week.

Saint3333
November 16th, 2013, 08:13 PM
They aren't nearly as good as they were last year and if they thought they came into the game today injured it will be worse next week based on how many left the game today. Does the ejected player have to sit next week?

Reign of Terrier
November 16th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Not so much out coached as out athleted. Esp in the second half.

App's offensive gameplan was predictable in the second half but we never adjusted. In the first half, we were moving the ball great, and then it was 4th and 3 at about the 20, and we decided to kick a field goal in spite of field goals being not so consistent this year.

Then we pull the starting QB randomly and the backup fumbles on the first play. Offense had its best first half of the year, and then the coaches threw off the rhythm. Defense can only do so much, but if you can't adjust you can't play well or get off the field. App dominated TOP in the third quarter.

T-Dog
November 16th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I sure am going to miss the high school band half time shows, the fair trailer concession stand and running out of stuff - like they did today with water and popcorn - before the half.

Again? That's at least three times now they've run out of water at Wofford when we visited.

Apps03
November 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM
bourbon

Saint3333
November 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
App's offensive gameplan was predictable in the second half but we never adjusted. In the first half, we were moving the ball great, and then it was 4th and 3 at about the 20, and we decided to kick a field goal in spite of field goals being not so consistent this year.

Then we pull the starting QB randomly and the backup fumbles on the first play. Offense had its best first half of the year, and then the coaches threw off the rhythm. Defense can only do so much, but if you can't adjust you can't play well or get off the field. App dominated TOP in the third quarter.

If YT coached Wofford App would never win. YT would have shut down App's offense that hit four different receivers that had four or more catches each. App has done this vs. every SoCon team not named Samford. You couldn't cover our guys.

your QB was pulled because he was shaken up after a big hit a couple plays before and your coaches noticed. App's defense made adjustments after the OLBs missed four or five assignments on the first three drives. That and App's WR making tough catches down the stretch was the difference in the game.

Apphole
November 17th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Looked at the box score, counted something like six personal fouls. Also noted Donovan Johnson left with an injury and never returned.

Hard to know whether Wofford has mailed it in, or whether they are going to throw the kitchen sink at Furman next week.

Considering their conference title and playoff hopes hinged on beating App yesterday, I very much doubt they mailed it in to prepare for Furple.

SpeedkingATL
November 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
The Apps FINALLY succeeded in the red zone against Wofford, something they haven't done much of all year. Yards finally equaled points for a change. Woodies knowledge of Wofford personnel and tendencies didn't hurt either. Good win during a bad season for App.

dungeonjoe
November 17th, 2013, 06:18 PM
If YT coached Wofford App would never win. YT would have shut down App's offense that hit four different receivers that had four or more catches each.and if saint3333 coached App, the appies would already be in the SEC and won three BCS titles. Portapotties would be outlawed, all NC residents would have teeth and ASU would be the mental health capital of the world.