PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Week 7

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Wofford at ASU – Well ASU is rolling and Wofford is playing ok

ASU by 21

Citadel @ Furman-

Now that we have discovered that Furman still has defensive problems if you pass the ball, and the Citadel does like to pass and while not as good as Thigpen, I do believe that Lawson is from Conway. :eek:

Furman by 14

Chattanooga @ WCU

Chatt by 7

Elon at Georgia Southern

If the was played in North Carolina I would be very tempted to predict what would have been unthinkable to think only last year.:confused: But it is played in Paulson, and the Eagles will be happy to win by one.

Georgia Southern by 10.

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I will take a stab at it.

Wofford at ASU

ASU has been dominant since NC State and the frosh QB has improved his accuracy. The defense is playing great too so this could get ugly at "The Rock".

ASU 42

Wofford 10

Citadel at Furman

The Citadel is tough at home but they are on the road this week. Furman is very hungry after a loss to CCU and they decide to stop looking down the road to their tilt with the champs.

Furman 31

The Citadel 17

Chatty at WCU

Chatty is normally a good home team but they did not look it against ASU. WCU must improve their run defense while Chatty has to improve that pass defense. Chatty will run the ball all day while WCU will struggle to pass it.

Chatty 21

WCU 14

Elon at Georgia Southern

Normally this is a predicted blowout but Elon is much improved. GSU is still trying to find themselves but they are at home. The six flags will be too much for Elon.

GSU 24

Elon 20

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 09:34 AM
The Citadel at Furman: Furman needs a rebound. Citadel will need a lot of help. Citadel played well in Charleston last year, and with the possibility of Gray out, they may hold it close.

Furman 27-Citadel 14

Wofford at ASU: As much as I'd like to see the Moutaineers lose, I don't think it'll happen this week. However, Wofford does have the type offense that is not prone to three and outs and has the ability to move down the field. They seem to always topple a big name once a year, but ASU is playing too well right now.

Appalachian State 30- Wofford 17

Chattnooga at WCU: Two teams everyone thought was going to be the big suprise this year. Not so. Western is reeling and UTC is glaring out of the black eye ASU gave them. The Catamounts can't seem to stop anyone from scoring, much less the quick striking Mocs.

UTC 27- Western 14

Elon at Georgia Southern: Just like the guy from "Wizard of Oz" said, 'No way, no how!' GSU may be struggling, but the mere thought of Elon strolling into Paulson and walking out with a W is too much for my brain.

GSU 24- Elon 13

BULLDOG8180
October 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
El Cid vs Furman:
El Cid went on the road at Wofford ran 85 plays to 39. Outgained them by over 100 yds, won every place but one- the scoreboard. They will come in to Furman ready to play- If freshman Sorrells can make the plays and convert on 3rd down FU wins. If he can't and Bulldogs can convert in the red zone. It will be interesting- I will be there if any of you purple people would like to meet up.

FU - 23
El Cid - 24

App St. vs. Wofford
Woffords defense is not very good. App St. offense is very good and so is there defense. Wofford will hit one or 2 big plays.

App. State 44
Wofford 14

CHatt vs WCU

???????????

GSU vs Elon

GSU 24
Elon 14

walliver
October 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Wofford at ASU - I don't want to talk about it.

Citadel at Furman - Furman rebounds and wins by 20

WCU at Chattanooga - WCU having an unexpectedly off year. Trainbirds by 14

Upset special: Elon 21 - GSU 20. GSU should win by three touchdowns, but I don't think they will.

Death Dealer
October 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Citadel at Furman- I don't want to talk about it. :confused: After Saturday night, my nuts hurt when I start thinking about the rest of the season.

Appy at Wofford -I think everyone is being really nice to the Terriers...Appy by 50 or more.

Elon at GSU- Elon proves how much they've improved and takes it too the Eagles in a close one.:eek:

WCU at Chatty -Chatty bounces back from a beating and shows that they are really not as bad as they looked Saturday....Western takes another spanking, and loses by two TD's, at least.

OL FU
October 9th, 2006, 01:06 PM
El Cid vs Furman:
El Cid went on the road at Wofford ran 85 plays to 39. Outgained them by over 100 yds, won every place but one- the scoreboard. They will come in to Furman ready to play- If freshman Sorrells can make the plays and convert on 3rd down FU wins. If he can't and Bulldogs can convert in the red zone. It will be interesting- I will be there if any of you purple people would like to meet up.

FU - 23
El Cid - 24

App St. vs. Wofford
Woffords defense is not very good. App St. offense is very good and so is there defense. Wofford will hit one or 2 big plays.

App. State 44
Wofford 14

CHatt vs WCU

???????????

GSU vs Elon

GSU 24
Elon 14

I may not be in Greenville.

I will let you know if I am.

Appdad
October 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Citadel at Furman- I don't want to talk about it. :confused: After Saturday night, my nuts hurt when I start thinking about the rest of the season.

Appy at Wofford -I think everyone is being really nice to the Terriers...Appy by 50 or more.

Elon at GSU- Elon proves how much they've improved and takes it too the Eagles in a close one.:eek:

WCU at Chatty -Chatty bounces back from a beating and shows that they are really not as bad as they looked Saturday....Western takes another spanking, and loses by two TD's, at least.

Jerry Moore would never, ever let that happen much less to an old friend!

Appdad
October 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM

To my knowledge no one in the SoCon, except GSU because we don't have a history on their new coach, would run it up.

Coach Ayers, Coach Lembo, Coach Moore, Coach Allison, Coach Higgins, Coach Lamb, nor Coach Briggs and I will inclue BVG as well would do that. We do have some classy coaches in the Socon. Room prevents me from discussing assistants as well!

ASU Kep
October 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
To my knowledge no one in the SoCon, except GSU because we don't have a history on their new coach, would run it up.

Coach Ayers, Coach Lembo, Coach Moore, Coach Allison, Coach Higgins, Coach Lamb, nor Coach Briggs and I will inclue BVG as well would do that. We do have some classy coaches in the Socon. Room prevents me from discussing assistants as well!

i HAVE seen some pretty huge blow-outs in the SOCON before, though.

I remember the last time I was in Statesboro: GSU - 55, App - 7

And what about the 'Nooga game the year before?: ASU - 77, UTC - 7.

Going off of memory, but those ones stand out to me. :nod:

IMO, all you can do is play your back-ups, though. It's not like the winning team should just go into victory formation in the 3rd Q.

Mountaineer#96
October 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Former player here, new to the boards but here goes:

Citadel at Furman - FU lets loose after the Coastal let down and drops the Bulldogs by 30 plus.

Elon at GSU - GSU shows why they have better athletes and talent. GSU, 24 -the rising ashes of Elon, 14

WCU at Chatt. - Chatty bounces back with some big plays from that abused secondary. Close one Chatt, 20 - WCU 17

Wofford at ASU - Ok let me see, this one is in BOONE too...........wrap it up. The student section chants "Wofford High School" by the end of the first quarter. ASU 45, Wofford 17 ( they get one touchdown on our first team D )

MYTAPPY
October 9th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Welcome aboard Moutaineer#96xprost2x

Appdad
October 9th, 2006, 02:51 PM
i HAVE seen some pretty huge blow-outs in the SOCON before, though.

I remember the last time I was in Statesboro: GSU - 55, App - 7

And what about the 'Nooga game the year before?: ASU - 77, UTC - 7.

Going off of memory, but those ones stand out to me. :nod:

IMO, all you can do is play your back-ups, though. It's not like the winning team should just go into victory formation in the 3rd Q.

Different coach at GSU then. When was the 77-7 score?

I agree on the premise of the bench playing their hearts out and scoring. I don't think it will happen to Wofford though.

ASU Kep
October 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
the 77 score was my freshman year, '03.

ASU Kep
October 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I think the cover of the Appalachian was "to slaughter a Moc".

ASU Kep
October 9th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Different coach at GSU then. When was the 77-7 score?

I agree on the premise of the bench playing their hearts out and scoring. I don't think it will happen to Wofford though.

oops. Wow, I totally got my facts wrong. It was 47-7, not 77-7. Sort of a big difference, right?:eek:

But yah, it's not like we're going to do that to Wofford. They're a good team and should keep things relatively close.

Death Dealer
October 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM
i HAVE seen some pretty huge blow-outs in the SOCON before
And what about the 'Nooga game the year before?: ASU - 77, UTC - 7:nod:

Thanks for the support Kep. Maybe Coach Moore will try to hold off and keep it from being a slaughter....It was intended as an acknowledgement of the dominance of you guys this year, not as some sort of indictment of your coach:bow: Look, if not for some bad ST play we would have held them to 7 with our defense. And what are you gonna do, put in the backups and tell them not to score? Moore is a nice guy, but he isn't going to do that to his players. : smh : xlolx

atlGAmocs
October 9th, 2006, 03:15 PM
ASU vs Wofford - ASU put it to my Mocs last week and will do the same to the Terriers this week. 'Neers 42 Pups 13

Citadel vs Furman - I am almost as disappointed in Furman as I was with UTC. Now the Beach Chickens will continue their squaking. This was a most unfortunate occurrence for Citadel, as Furman will be PO'ed this weekend. Paladins 38 Dogs 20

Elon @ GSU - Only because I love to see the full on meltdown of the Eagle nation... Phoenix 34 Don Henley's 28

Chattanooga @ WCU - I have already repressed the memory of Saturday's game. As a matter of fact the Mocs must have had a bye week. So now that they are rested I think they get past a reeling WCU... Mocs 37 Mounts 24

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I think Furman will be heavily favored, but I will hardly say it would be a blowout. This is an old-fashioned hate rivalry that goes waaaaaay back between these two schools.

What scares me is that last year they had a game plan for Ingle Martin. They were better prepared for #15 than any other team we played the entire season. Furman was totally out of rythm the entire game. Only saved because they weren't prepared for Renaldo Gray. Now Gray might be a nonfactor. Hopefully Sorrells is up to the challenge.

Mountaineer#96
October 9th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I think FU will handle Citadel very well, not only are they coming off a bad loss to Coastal but they get the Bulldogs at home. When Citadel travels they seem to lose focus. Furman will try and leave no doubt on the field who is better. A heavy dose of Felton is enough to over power the smaller Citadel D, and chew up clock. If he breaks the Citadel defensive line it will be a long day for the secondary.

Mountaineer#96
October 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM
oops. Wow, I totally got my facts wrong. It was 47-7, not 77-7. Sort of a big difference, right?:eek:

But yah, it's not like we're going to do that to Wofford. They're a good team and should keep things relatively close.

Didn't someone say that last week about Chatty?? :nod:

catamount man
October 9th, 2006, 05:45 PM
App State-34
Wofford-17

Furman-30
El Cid-20

Elon-24
GSU-21

WCU-11
UTC-8

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

GaSouthern
October 9th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Appy - 42
Woff - 28

Vermin - 37
citdel - 10

GSU - 28
Elon - 14

WCU - 24
UTC - 28

gophoenix
October 9th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Wish I could make it down to GSU for the game. It has the potential to be close or be big on either side. I just don't know what to make of either team as both Elon and GSU seem to have moments that look great and moments that look bad right now.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 9th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Boone - 34
Spartanburg - 17 (Wofford is better than people think)

Greenville - 28
Charleston - 13 (Cit gives em a tough time, but is no match for the pallies)

Chattanooga - 17
Cullowhee - 0 (WCU's offense goes nowhere)

Elon - 28
Statesboro - 21 (There is no denying it anymore...we suck...at this point I am hoping we can finish at least sixth in the Socon)

BULLDOG8180
October 9th, 2006, 09:21 PM

I would like for The Citadel to run it up on someone, anyone!!:bawling: :(

Here that coach higgins, quit being so classy and run it up on someone!

ASU Kep
October 9th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Wish I could make it down to GSU for the game. It has the potential to be close or be big on either side. I just don't know what to make of either team as both Elon and GSU seem to have moments that look great and moments that look bad right now.

It's gotta be great though to actually ponder who is going to win this game. GSU vs. Elon is now a highly debated game. Unreal. I personally hope ya'll take it to 'em. Winning in Statesboro is quite an achievement, off-year or not.

Appdad
October 12th, 2006, 08:26 PM
It's gotta be great though to actually ponder who is going to win this game. GSU vs. Elon is now a highly debated game. Unreal. I personally hope ya'll take it to 'em. Winning in Statesboro is quite an achievement, off-year or not.

Is it on tv? If it is I want to record it and watch it on Sunday.

gophoenix
October 12th, 2006, 08:40 PM
A great year for Elon to be the only SoCon team without a TV game :(

No, it's not on TV.

The Gadfly
October 13th, 2006, 04:14 AM
I've got to say that yes, Wofford was defeated by the lowly Thunderin' Beach Chickens, but afterwards went into a MUCH larger house than the Rock and took it to a decent USC squad. Am I the only one who watched that game? So I have to predict that Wofford won't be that shook up at the Rock this go around. Wofford by 3.

Furman's hungry and La Cid lamb chops are on the menu. Furman.

Georgia Southern has had too many wake up calls to lose this one. GSU

Chatty v. WCU .... <<coin flipping>> .... HEADS. WCU.

HiHiYikas
October 13th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I've got to say that yes, Wofford was defeated by the lowly Thunderin' Beach Chickens, but afterwards went into a MUCH larger house than the Rock and took it to a decent USC squad. Am I the only one who watched that game? So I have to predict that Wofford won't be that shook up at the Rock this go around. Wofford by 3.
I dunno...by that reasoning don't you think a Furman team that put 42 points on the board at N. Carolina ought to have hung about the same number on you guys? I'd have figured more, actually...but that's not how it works.

Of course, since that's NOT how it works, an ASU team that's averaging over 50 points per game against middle-of-the-pack SoCon teams might not score that many against the Terriers. But I'm guessing they won't score 3 fewer than Wofford, either.

Wofford's played in some close games this year, and if they keep ASU close, good for them. The Mountaineers could use a little more close-game experience. My guess is, advantage Apps, 2 TD's or more.

SoCon48
October 13th, 2006, 06:36 AM
A great year for Elon to be the only SoCon team without a TV game :(

No, it's not on TV.

That's what happens when:
1. You don't appease the SoCon admin by not footing the bill for at least one TV game.
2. You sukk for years and then suddenly you apparently don't.;)

SoCon48
October 13th, 2006, 06:40 AM
I dunno...by that reasoning don't you think a Furman team that put 42 points on the board at N. Carolina ought to have hung about the same number on you guys? I'd have figured more, actually...but that's not how it works.

Of course, since that's NOT how it works, an ASU team that's averaging over 50 points per game against middle-of-the-pack SoCon teams might not score that many against the Terriers. But I'm guessing they won't score 3 fewer than Wofford, either.

Wofford's played in some close games this year, and if they keep ASU close, good for them. The Mountaineers could use a little more close-game experience. My guess is, advantage Apps, 2 TD's or more.

But I'm guessing they won't score 3 fewer than Wofford, either. You're right, it would be the upset of the week in the SoCon.

The Mountaineers could use a little more close-game experience I agree. We have no way of knowing if Edwards and co. can actually perform well for a whole game.;)

Appdad
October 13th, 2006, 07:34 AM
So I have to predict that Wofford won't be that shook up at the Rock this go around. Wofford by 3.

[COLOR="Yellow"]You must have your head still stuck in the sand.

ole ball coach didn't take the time to prepare for the "bone".

Jerry Moore is an expert on defending it.

PaladinFan
October 13th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Jerry Moore is an expert on defending it.

Jerry Moore is too old to defend the option by himself. You App fans think you are sooo good. You now think your coach can go out and play defense just by himself.

GaSouthern
October 13th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Moore can completely SHUT DOWN the option, trust me, just look at last years GSU APPy tapes!

PaladinFan
October 13th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Good thing you guys don't run the option anymore.

ErkPeterson
October 13th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Elon at Georgia Southern

If the was played in North Carolina I would be very tempted to predict what would have been unthinkable to think only last year.:confused: But it is played in Paulson, and the Eagles will be happy to win by one.

Georgia Southern by 10. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: I hate to admit it but you are absolutely correct :mad:

APP91
October 13th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Former player here, new to the boards but here goes:

Citadel at Furman - FU lets loose after the Coastal let down and drops the Bulldogs by 30 plus.

Elon at GSU - GSU shows why they have better athletes and talent. GSU, 24 -the rising ashes of Elon, 14

WCU at Chatt. - Chatty bounces back with some big plays from that abused secondary. Close one Chatt, 20 - WCU 17

Wofford at ASU - Ok let me see, this one is in BOONE too...........wrap it up. The student section chants "Wofford High School" by the end of the first quarter. ASU 45, Wofford 17 ( they get one touchdown on our first team D )

96, what year did you play?
I bought a #96 Jersey at the fan fest a couple of mos. ago. You will see me in it tomorrow!