PDA

View Full Version : UNI fought delayed...still on ground

clenz
November 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM
UNI plays at Misery State tomorrow at 1pm.

The flight was supposed to leave Waterloo at 1pm but due to plane issues they have yet to leave and won't be wheel up until about 630pm central. Means they probably don't land until 9 ish...then too get to the hotel and settled in....could be a late night

It'll be interesting to see if that has an impact on the game tomorrow

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Man, that sucks. Throws the 'routine' off for the players.

MSU is improved this year and with UNI beat up it should be a good game.

Bisonwinagn
November 15th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Why don't they just drive? Can't be that far away.

MSUDuo
November 15th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I hope it is. While the playoff chances are less than .0001%, Missouri State is offering $5 tickets to the football game and $5 tickets to the basketball home opener at 7pm. Hoping for decent turnout for a meaningful November game in a long, long time.

clenz
November 15th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Just under 8 hours by car according to Google...and longer in a bus

Further than Fargo to CF by about 2 hours

You want NDSU busing to CF next year?

Twentysix
November 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Just under 8 hours by car according to Google...and longer in a bus

Further than Fargo to CF by about 2 hours

You want NDSU busing to CF next year?

I want UNI busing to Fargo, NDSU can fly. ;)

Bisonator
November 15th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Even UNI's plane is injured? xlolx

clenz
November 15th, 2013, 09:42 PM
xlolxxlolxxbowx

xbawlingx

Thundar
November 15th, 2013, 09:48 PM

dang that's funny right there no matter who you are

xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 15th, 2013, 09:55 PM
dang that's funny right there no matter who you are

xthumbsupx

Were there reports of NDSU's bus speeding away from the scene?

lionsrking2
November 15th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Must be nice to fly to games less than 500 miles away.

Catbooster
November 16th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I think it was for the SFA game - Montana State's flight kept getting delayed. They got to their hotel at 3:00 AM. The first 2 away games both had delays and they didn't get to do a walk-through on either.

Twentysix
November 16th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Must be nice to fly to games less than 500 miles away.

What? Why wouldn't the team fly?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Were there reports of NDSU's bus speeding away from the scene?

lakes or JBB??

xlolx

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Ha...just keeps getting better

From Sawyer Kollmorgen's twitter

@sawyerkoll17: Supposed to leave at 1. Plane delayed till 8. Plane didn't leave till 10. Supposed to land in Springfield. Now landed in Kansas City....

So it sounds like they drove from Kansas City to Springfield , which is 3 hours.

Then when they got to the hotel

He also said that when they got to the hotel they had to walk 500 yards to a hotel and then he got stuck in an elevator.

MSU is doing anything they can to **** UNI over.

rokamortis
November 16th, 2013, 08:37 AM

@sawyerkoll17: Supposed to leave at 1. Plane delayed till 8. Plane didn't leave till 10. Supposed to land in Springfield. Now landed in Kansas City....

So it sounds like they drove from Kansas City to Springfield , which is 3 hours.

He also said that when they got to the hotel they had to walk 500 yards to a hotel and then he got stuck in an elevator.

Certainly sucks that they have had to deal with the travel problems but how is it MSU's fault? Sounds like your ops people may have dropped the ball.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Certainly sucks that they have had to deal with the travel problems but how is it MSU's fault? Sounds like your ops people may have dropped the ball.

Didn't you know? Their whole season in MoSt and NDSU's fault.

Houndawg
November 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
This gives the refs time to prepare their weekly ****-over-uni package

Houndawg
November 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM

....probably hired the guys that faked the moon landing.

superman7515
November 16th, 2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.daytradingtheemini.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crying-baby1.jpg

Hammerhead
November 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Coincidentally, the Fargo paper had a story today about how NDSU started flying out later on Fridays after the upset win at Montana before we began the D-1 transition.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418484/group/Sports/

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Well...the team actually stayed in KC last night. Boarded a plane today at 10AM, 3 hours before kick off, for Springfield.

Hope there is no issues getting there anymore

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Sounds as though the team is finally in Springfield...only an hour an a half until kick off....so they had plenty of time to spare

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Sounds as though the team is finally in Springfield...only an hour an a half until kick off....so they had plenty of time to spare

Dang...nothing like getting off the bus and right into the pads....

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Dang...nothing like getting off the bus and right into the pads....
I don't know what kind of plane they took from KC to Springfield but I'd bet it if was big enough there was taping and basic training going on during the flight

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I don't know what kind of plane they took from KC to Springfield but I'd bet it if was big enough there was taping and basic training going on during the flight

True. Still sucks though.

Is Jake Farley going to be healthy for next year?

Is DJ playing today?

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 12:12 PM
True. Still sucks though.

Is Jake Farley going to be healthy for next year?

Is DJ playing today?Jake can resume running in January I believe...should be ready to go for next season.

DJ, no idea on. At this point all of the injuries are kept secret/real close to the chest. Sawyer didn't play last week but that wasn't known until game time - he went through warm ups with the team as well. He was "cleared" to play but with concussions we all know the story. YSU probably didn't expect Carnes and a read option offense. Sawyer has said he's playing this week we no idea. DJ...probably done for the year. I think I heard he broke his leg, but again no confirmation of anykind from anywhere i've seen

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'd say that they team could parachute from the plane right to the stadium. but who knows how many injuries that would cause. haha.
according to Rima (UNI PbP guy), David Johnson is expected to play today

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM
According to the tv the team arrived at the stadium at 1143 this morning...

Also huge crowd today

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/5yru5ynu.jpg

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Terrible run d by UNI oh the first 3 plays. 3 runs for about 50 yards

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Also..about a 4th world production value...wow

Most junior high av departments can produce something better

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
UNI forces a FG...

Wind is going right play a huge role today. 37 yard fg that on a normal day may have been good grin 50 plus hit a wall and barely made it

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Wind so string kick off only went to the 20

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM
DJ is playing..actually started but wasn't on the 2 deep

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
UNI forced to point...downed at the 4.

MSU fumbles and UNI takes over at the 2 of msu

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
TD DJ

7-3 UNI 857 in the first

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Defensive back Deondre Hall its playing wr today as well...

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
DJ with a 22 yard td run just juking msu defenders like crazy

14-3 UNI 405 left in first

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM
UNI with a strip sack at mid field..

Uni ball at msu 46 14 min left in half 14-3 uni lead

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Also..about a 4th world production value...wow

Most junior high av departments can produce something better

FCS games on ESPN3 (local/regional crew) rarely have all that impressive of production value.
and the camerafolks have to deal with adversity from the weather conditions too. whatever that one camera is set up on must not be too stable, as it seems the wind was shaking it like crazy

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I'm not taking the shaky camera...I get that.

This is a below sd picture quality, the audio has no bass or balance, and even with shaky camera is missing much of some plays

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I'm not taking the shaky camera...I get that.

This is a below sd picture quality, the audio has no bass or balance, and even with shaky camera is missing much of some plays

watching on espn3 or on mediacom?
I'm watching on espn3, so the picture quality varies greatly based on how the internet connection is.
and I have it muted and listening to the Rima and Petey on the radio.

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mediacom...

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mediacom...

well there's your answer. haha

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Also huge crowd today

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/17/5yru5ynu.jpg

those $5 tickets are expensive.

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
well there's your answer. haha
I miss CFU like crazy, Jay.

However, I don't think this is a Mediacom issue. This is just a complete dog **** production

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Game got pretty boring after the first quarter

DJ has 30 carries for 147 yards (5.1 average) and 2 TDs with 12 minutes left in the game....

Still 14-3. UNI is treating this game just like the Northern Colorado game....get the lead early and just run the ball a until the game is over

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Last update camecast has for stats has UNI with 48 rushes for 208 yards and 18 pass attempts for 114 yards

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Sievertsen hits a FG

17-3 with 1037 left

JayJ79
November 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Bears able to go down the field fairly easily to narrow the gap to one score: 17-10.
Panthers' possession marred by penalties.
But then UNI is able to seal the deal with an INT.

UNI 17, MSU 10. Final

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Really was a boring game to watch...nearly identical to the Northern Colorado game

UNI 21 passes (14 completions) and 58 rushes

Most of the passes were bootlegs off of a play action
Most of the runs were off between the tackles
Just like the UNC game

MSUDuo
November 16th, 2013, 04:54 PM
That should end the Terry Allen era at Missouri State.

Hopefully.

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 04:58 PM
It won't.

On a side note, the TV crew said that the stadium demolition for renovation was going to start right after the game. There was maybe 200 people there, they could have started during the game and it wouldn't have mattered

Squealofthepig
November 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Wait, MSU will be getting another new stadium? What will this one be called? How about HammonsPlasterBriggs?

MSUDuo
November 16th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Wait, MSU will be getting another new stadium? What will this one be called? How about HammonsPlasterBriggs?

No. We are renovating the student seating side. It badly needs it. Plus, we are removing the track and sliding the field to the west by about 10 feet. Going to look a ton better

MSUDuo
November 16th, 2013, 07:40 PM
It won't.

Why do you say that?

If it's not, I'll lose what little respect I had left for this administration...

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Why do you say that?

If it's not, I'll lose what little respect I had left for this administration...
There was legit progress made this year. I know I talk a lot of **** about MSU but this was the best MSU team I've seen in years....and I **** you not (partially because it's how the season is gone) I legitimately thought MSU was going to tie the game in the 4th and win.

Any other year and I don't even think about it for a second - even in the exact same situation

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 08:33 PM
No. We are renovating the student seating side. It badly needs it. Plus, we are removing the track and sliding the field to the west by about 10 feet. Going to look a ton better
It should look great when done. Sadly all of the drawings I've seen online have been very poor in quality so I don't have a great idea of what it will look like

PantherRob82
November 16th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Wasn't this his best record yet?

clenz
November 16th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Yep....

Team showed progress this year

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Ya, I think TA stays.

MSU did make good progress this year.

da_bears
November 16th, 2013, 11:48 PM
It should look great when done. Sadly all of the drawings I've seen online have been very poor in quality so I don't have a great idea of what it will look like

the final set of plans.

http://plans.missouristate.edu/13-145%20Athletic%20and%20Recreation%20Field%20Improv ements/13-145%20Drawings.pdf

MSUDuo
November 17th, 2013, 09:29 AM

No. He had finished 6-5 twice before.

He's in year 8 or 9 and we are just now making progress? That's a legitimate reason to keep him?

Since he has been here, we've seen Indiana State and SEMO go to the playoffs and they were in a more downturn then we've been in.

Yes, we're Missouri State football. No history. No tradition. That doesn't mean you keep your coach just because.

Allen even said this was a playoff or bust year with 22 seniors and a load of starters back. We should've been if we don't go 0fer in the non-conference.

He is now 33-56 at Missouri State. For coaches who coached 3 seasons or more, it is the THIRD LOWEST wining percentage ever.

But I digress, no one cares about Missouri State football and we are about to find out if our own University does.

Laker
November 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM

I hope that it wasn't the same plane that the Cleveland Indians used in Major League.

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM

He's in year 8 or 9 and we are just now making progress? That's a legitimate reason to keep him?

Since he has been here, we've seen Indiana State and SEMO go to the playoffs and they were in a more downturn then we've been in.

Yes, we're Missouri State football. No history. No tradition. That doesn't mean you keep your coach just because.

Allen even said this was a playoff or bust year with 22 seniors and a load of starters back. We should've been if we don't go 0fer in the non-conference.

He is now 33-56 at Missouri State. For coaches who coached 3 seasons or more, it is the THIRD LOWEST wining percentage ever.

But I digress, no one cares about Missouri State football and we are about to find out if our own University does.
If he is canned it will be interesting to see if Farley brings him in at UNI.

TA is a UNI alum that played QB at UNI (1975-1978), GA at UNI in 1979, assistant at UNI from 1980-1988, and a HC from 1989-1996 with a 75-26 overall and 40-7 conference record. He spent 21 seasons at UNI. He's now 56 years old and I can't imagine too many other places wanting him as a HC. UNI would likely welcome him back as an assistant of some kind....I know I would if done correctly.

MSUDuo
November 17th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Not that anyone cares but...

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Un-f'n-believable.

Athletic Director Kyle Moats says the reason he won't be fired is because of $$$. Well, let's see money talk when there is just family at the games next year.

No contract extension. Officially a lame-duck coach. We're screwed for another 4-5 years

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2013, 07:20 PM

TA is a UNI alum that played QB at UNI (1975-1978), GA at UNI in 1979, assistant at UNI from 1980-1988, and a HC from 1989-1996 with a 75-26 overall and 40-7 conference record. He spent 21 seasons at UNI. He's now 56 years old and I can't imagine too many other places wanting him as a HC. UNI would likely welcome him back as an assistant of some kind....I know I would if done correctly.

I doubt Farley's that dumb. It's like Wolford bringing in Mangino at YSU. You don't bring an experienced head coach in to give them an excuse to get rid of you.

clenz
November 17th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Farley will never be fired at UNI...for better or worse he essentially had a life time contact. Much like TA played at UNI (the most famous nickname at UNI as well...the walk on from Waukon), GA at UNI, assistant at UNI under TA, went with TA to Kansas, came back to be hc. He is the winningest coach in UNI and conference history (ta is second in both). The only thing that Farley is missing is a title. He is also 10 years younger than TA. The two are very very good friends as they spent near 20 years at UNI and Kansas together.

He would not be a threat to replace Mark...he would be a great addition to the staff though.

UNI is very loyal to people like Allen and a large part of TA will always be a Panther

Don't be shocked if he isn't back at UNI after next season....he very well may end up in the UNI hof.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I bet Terry is kicking himself for turning down the NDSU job!:D

Houndawg
November 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM

he could be the greeter at the UNI dome

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM

You tradition is that you kept him this long, I'm sure you will keep him this year. (although I think I saw a link that he is staying)