PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Idle plays 2 Road Warriors

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
The Fighting Devil Hands, the ultimate road warriors , are at it again this week. They play at Northeastern Thursday night ( no television coverage ), then get on that rickety old bus and head south for Saturday's game at SFA . Both beatable opponents but does Idle have the endurance to handle such a grueling schedule ??:confused:

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
The Fighting Devil Hands, the ultimate road warriors , are at it again this week. They play at Northeastern Thursday night ( no television coverage ), then get on that rickety old bus and head south for Saturday's game at SFA . Both beatable opponents but does Idle have the endurance to handle such a grueling schedule ??:confused:
They also have Southern Utah, Cal Poly and South Dakota State

classic case of overscheduling by the AD

bobbythekidd
October 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I said on Saturday that I would follow Idle U for the rest of the season. Wait, Is it Idle U, or the U of Idle? Either way. I doubt Cal Poly will see a loss. On the other hand, NE and SDSU might have a good game. I bet the rest win hands down. Best of luck to NE and SDSU, make us proud.
GSU whipped the poo out of Idle in week one, but they are getting better.

ravens
October 8th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I said on Saturday that I would follow Idle U for the rest of the season. Wait, Is it Idle U, or the U of Idle? Either way. I doubt Cal Poly will see a loss. On the other hand, NE and SDSU might have a good game. I bet the rest win hands down. Best of luck to NE and SDSU, make us proud.
GSU whipped the poo out of Idle in week one, but they are getting better.

So you predicting Idle to go 2-3 this week? They will certainly be eligible for an at large bid as they will easily have 10 victories with their 30 game schedule.
Thanks for the reminder about the GSU win. I am trying to total up Idle's record so far.....losses to GSU and UNI, win at Lafayette, what else?:eyebrow:

bobbythekidd
October 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I had tried to follow only GSU and the relateted conference to determine if we could make a playoff run. I think it might be a long shot. Therefore, call me a fair-weather Idle U fan. After the A$$wooping GSU put on Idle in week one, followed by a forfeit in week 5, I just don’t know what to think of this team. Lots of speed, not much size and a schedule that would confuse even Ralph. I feel bad for Head Coach Wannawin. OC Needawin is under the gun from the Idle faithful. DC Gotta’stopem has little chance of a job in ’07 if he cannot hold his opponents to less than 14 points in the second half.
I for one think they have a chance at an at large bid if they can get it together. Go Idle!

dungeonjoe
October 8th, 2006, 09:24 PM
They may a play a tough schedule, but you will never see an Idle fan at the Crappsville Bar even through the national championships.