PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely 11-0 Squads?

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Which squad(s) will enter the postseason (regardless of what they could play in, Gridiron Classic, playoffs or nothing at all for the Ivy) with 11-0 records?

New Hampshire (A10)
Charleston Southern (Big South)
Southern Illinois (Gateway)
North Dakota St (GWFC)
Harvard (Ivy)
Princeton (Ivy)
Hampton (MEAC)
San Diego (Pioneer)

I personally think we'll see Hampton and Harvard with 11-0 records. The Gateway is too tough for Southern Illinois to go undefeated, same goes for the A10. There'll be a loss somewhere. San Diego has that tough game at the end of the season and North Dakota St has I-A Minnesota and games at home against Cal Poly and rival South Dakota St.

dbackjon
October 8th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Hampton.

Harvard can only go 10-0

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Harvard can only go 10-0

Whoops! Forgot about those Ivy Leaguers! :bang:

CoastalFan2005
October 8th, 2006, 11:41 AM
My vote on this poll would go to who WON'T go 11-0, and that would be Charleston Southern.

GeauxColonels
October 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM
New Hampshire (A10) - Toughest test left will be against UMass; but I can see them running the table.

Charleston Southern (Big South) - Toughest 3 games come one after another at the end of the season. Big matchup November 18 against CCU, probably for the Big South title.

Southern Illinois (Gateway) - Tough game next week against Illinois State and the Youngstown State 3 weeks later.....BOTH away. I see SIU splitting the games or even losing both.

North Dakota St (GWFC) - Still have 3 tough games ahead...@ Minnesota...@ UC-Davis...Cal-Poly. Then they have the rivalry game November 18 with South Dakota State.

Harvard (Ivy) - Tough game in 2 weeks with undefeated Princeton. Then, of course, the season-ending date with Yale.

Princeton (Ivy) - Tough game in 2 weeks with undefeated Harvard. Then the team visits Yale on November 11.

Hampton (MEAC) - Two big games left...South Carolina State in 2 weeks...Bethune-Cookman 2 weeks later.

San Diego (Pioneer) - Visits 3-1 Drake in 2 weeks then takes on Dayton November 11 (which would be win #10)....Gridiron Classic matchup the following week with probably Albany or Central Connecticut...then the final game against UC-Davis to finish off the season.

My top 2 choices to finish off their season undefeated (however many games the teams schedule):
Hampton Pirates
Harvard Crimson

Best chance after those 2.......New Hampshire Wildcats.

MplsBison
October 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Opps, forgot that San Diego was playing Davis the last game of the season.

No way they win that one.

So I think Hampton is the most likely.

CSU BUCS
October 8th, 2006, 12:28 PM
My vote on this poll would go to who WON'T go 11-0, and that would be Charleston Southern.

HAHA

CoastalFan2005
October 8th, 2006, 12:30 PM
HAHA

I understand that you're rallying behind your team, but CSU will NOT go undefeated this year. It's foolish of you to think that, just like it was foolish for CCU to look past your squad last year. I think it's plausible for you to go 8-3.

UNHknowledge
October 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I voted for UNH in the poll but after really thinking about it anything can happen in the A10 (nearly impossible to run the table). So I'm gonna go with Hampton in the MEAC.

CSU BUCS
October 8th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I understand that you're rallying behind your team, but CSU will NOT go undefeated this year. It's foolish of you to think that, just like it was foolish for CCU to look past your squad last year. I think it's plausible for you to go 8-3.

I’ve never made a prediction. I just think it’s hilarious listening to all the armchair quarterbacks and coaches on here make theirs.

1Aneedsplayoffs
October 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM
If UNH doesnt go undefeated...I will be stunned. They have a good QB and obvouisly one of the best WR's ever in 1AA (stat wise) so I dont see them losing until they get to the playoffs

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Harvard or Princeton, and Hampton

it helps to be in a weak league

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'll go with Hampton. I have a feeling that UMass will beat UNH and that Harvard and P'ton will each lose at least one before the year is over.

R.A.
October 8th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Hampton

CoastalFan2005
October 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I’ve never made a prediction. I just think it’s hilarious listening to all the armchair quarterbacks and coaches on here make theirs.

Then either don't say anything or start a smack thread about it. :nod:

EDIT: Are you a coach for CSU? If not, then I'd refrain from calling others "armchair quarterbacks and coaches," as I've read you & other CSU fans here make many a prediction, just as all fans do about all games.

People have a right to discuss what they think could happen. If nobody talked about their team or what they thought another team was going to do, then sports would have no fans or followers.

wannabegaucho
October 8th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Did not mean to vote San Diego. I think they may lose at Drake in addition to at UC Davis.

Ronbo
October 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM
North Dakota State beats Minnesota? Three SUPER HOMERS are on the board for NDSU folks.

BisonBacker
October 8th, 2006, 03:55 PM
North Dakota State beats Minnesota? Three SUPER HOMERS are on the board for NDSU folks.
I think NDSU will give Minnesota all they want and hopefully more. Minnesota is not having an up year and they have a coach who sucks.

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 04:07 PM
actually 2 bison fans, a griz fan, and a NU Husky fan voted for NDSU

need a hug?

Ronbo
October 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Minnesota lost 28-27 to Penn State and 28-14 to Michigan. To put yourself in that company shows a real ignorance and a lack of reality. You beat a rebuilding GSU, you ain't Michigan yet. Minnesota in a rout. You will have bragging rights if you keep it within 3 TD's.

crunifan
October 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
It's really a shame we don't play SIU in the dome this year. That would have been just a guaranteed L for SIU. Sadly, it is usually the opposite when the Panthers visit Carbondale. : smh :

Hansel
October 8th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Minnesota lost 28-27 to Penn State and 28-14 to Michigan. To put yourself in that company shows a real ignorance and a lack of reality. You beat a rebuilding GSU, you ain't Michigan yet. Minnesota in a rout. You will have bragging rights if you keep it within 3 TD's.
the last time Minnesota played a I-AA team they beat a 4-7 Illinois St 37-21- I highly doubt we will win- but it is not like the Gophers walk on water

GeauxColonels
October 8th, 2006, 06:58 PM
8-3 is DEFINITELY plausible, but I think they'll be 8-0 before the matchup with Gardner-Webb game. I think CSU goes 2-1 in those 3 games.

Chi Panther
October 8th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Had to vote for UNH...even though they have had some TOUGH and CLOSE A-10 games.....

Which team would I like to see go undefeated???? I would like it to be NDSU. Beating 2 I-A teams and the difficultly of their schedule would be soo impressive......but the pathetic thing is MISSING THE PLAYOFFS...:bang:

CSU BUCS
October 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Then either don't say anything or start a smack thread about it. :nod:

EDIT: Are you a coach for CSU? If not, then I'd refrain from calling others "armchair quarterbacks and coaches," as I've read you & other CSU fans here make many a prediction, just as all fans do about all games.

People have a right to discuss what they think could happen. If nobody talked about their team or what they thought another team was going to do, then sports would have no fans or followers.

The only predictions I've made is in a Pre-season prediction thread. only one not many I believe I posted the same predictions in a CCU/GSU smack thread, I also posted some smack in this thread, but it was a smack thread.. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=256600#post256600

I just post the positives of what is going on at CSU, not the negatives at other schools. I just worry about my team(s).

As far as starting a smack thread why don‘t you and the CCU fans start a smack thread about how sorry CSU is and how "foolish" CSU fans are for believing the program is on the rise.
That way you guys can have all the attacks there together.

Heck I liked and supported CCU until I came upon this site. I use to work with a bunch of guys who graduated from Coastal and all of us was very excited through their startup.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 9th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Well, I never thought we'd be 5-0 at this point and frankly would have been thrilled to be 4-1! So, there's no way I'm thinking about an undefeated season especially with JMU, UMass and a road game at Maine (especially if they are fighting for a playoff bid) to come yet. Plus, add in a monumental trap game at Northeastern after the troika of Delaware, Richmond and JMU! And being an A-10 realist, I never discount Hofstra or Rhody either because it's always AGS in the A-10!

Realistically, Hampton and Harvard are much better candidates for undefeated seasons.

GGASU
October 9th, 2006, 11:22 AM

Just because your Grizzlies got flattened in their chance at a Big 10 team doesn't mean others will follow suit.

Minnesota is in the cellar of the Big 10 and will be coming off two games againist top 25 teams, there is no way they will be up for the game. With NDSU not elligible for the playoffs they will be going all out.

Bison by 10.

crunifan
October 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Just because your Grizzlies got flattened in their chance at a Big 10 team doesn't mean others will follow suit.

Minnesota is in the cellar of the Big 10 and will be coming off two games againist top 25 teams, there is no way they will be up for the game. With NDSU not elligible for the playoffs they will be going all out.

Bison by 10.

I agree, I think the Bisons should be considered the favorites. Minnesota is going to get killed by Iowa and basically every other Big 10 team short of Illinois/Indiana. I honestly think Minnesota is not much better, if at all, than Ball State this year.

G.S.Green
October 12th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Hampton

Concur!

Mr. C
October 12th, 2006, 07:12 AM
New Hampshire (A10) - Toughest test left will be against UMass; but I can see them running the table.

Charleston Southern (Big South) - Toughest 3 games come one after another at the end of the season. Big matchup November 18 against CCU, probably for the Big South title.

Southern Illinois (Gateway) - Tough game next week against Illinois State and the Youngstown State 3 weeks later.....BOTH away. I see SIU splitting the games or even losing both.

North Dakota St (GWFC) - Still have 3 tough games ahead...@ Minnesota...@ UC-Davis...Cal-Poly. Then they have the rivalry game November 18 with South Dakota State.

Harvard (Ivy) - Tough game in 2 weeks with undefeated Princeton. Then, of course, the season-ending date with Yale.

Princeton (Ivy) - Tough game in 2 weeks with undefeated Harvard. Then the team visits Yale on November 11.

Hampton (MEAC) - Two big games left...South Carolina State in 2 weeks...Bethune-Cookman 2 weeks later.

San Diego (Pioneer) - Visits 3-1 Drake in 2 weeks then takes on Dayton November 11 (which would be win #10)....Gridiron Classic matchup the following week with probably Albany or Central Connecticut...then the final game against UC-Davis to finish off the season.

My top 2 choices to finish off their season undefeated (however many games the teams schedule):
Hampton Pirates
Harvard Crimson

Best chance after those 2.......New Hampshire Wildcats.
Don't forget that New Hampshire also has a tough test with a highly ranked James Madison squad. It's hard to think that ANY A-10 team would get through their schedule unscathed. Hasn't happened since UNH did it in 1994 (and got beat the next week by Appalachian State in the playoffs).

With the number of quality teams in the Ivy League this year, I would be surprised to see anyone in that league run the table, though the winner of the Harvard-Princeton game might manage it.

I could see Southern Illinois losing several times before the end of the season and missing the playoffs altogether. The Gateway is tough this year and I have never considered the Salukis to be the top team in that league this season. I think their lack of seniors could hurt them down the stretch.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Charleston Southern make it to its final game undefeated, setting up an intriguing matchup with Coastal Carolina in the last weekend. But the Bucs will face a potentially tough game with Gardner-Webb in league play.

North Dakota State has that tough stretch of Great West Conference games, so it's hard to say if the Bison can slip through unscathed. The game with Cal Poly, in particular, should be one of the best of the season. It's really too bad that North Dakota State is not playoff eligible this season, because I think the Bison could be one of the teams with legitimate national championship potential.

Hampton should get through the weak, though better than last year, MEAC schedule without a loss. But I don't think the Pirates will stay undefeated for very long in the playoffs. I see them with another first-round exit, figuring they will probably draw a tough A-10 team in the first round.

I don't see San Diego surviving that game with UC Davis and the Torreros could also stumble to Drake, or Dayton.

There should also have been a catagory for none of the above.

WYOBISONMAN
October 12th, 2006, 08:26 AM
I voted for Hampton. Much as I would love the Bison to get through the season untouched, it isn't going to happen with that game at Minnesota.

The Bison will finish 10-1. The toughest remaining game after MN is going to be Poly......and that one is at the FARGODOME!

BisonBacker
October 12th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I could see a 10-1 season or a remote possiblity at 11-0 or I could also see us at 8-3. Now that's nailing it down for youxlolx

bisonbill
October 12th, 2006, 02:26 PM
How many times have I-AA squads had more than one win in the same season over I-A? Has it ever happened ?? Would love to know the history. Then maybe I'll predict an 11-0 season for the thundering herd.

EKU05
October 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hampton.

Harvard can only go 10-0

I think Harvard could go 11-0 if they win the Ivy League title game. Now...I would consider that post-season probably, but the original post in this thread refers to "nothing at all" for the Ivy League which would imply that a conferene title game is not part of the post-season.

GaSouthern
October 12th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I said UNH
They will go 13-0 until they get dropped by furman, who will beat montana in the title game (i'll be wearing my griz colors that day)

I picked FU preseason to win it all.

poly51
October 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
How many times have I-AA squads had more than one win in the same season over I-A? Has it ever happened ?? Would love to know the history. Then maybe I'll predict an 11-0 season for the thundering herd.
I don't know if a I-AA school has done it but in 1978 as a D-II school Cal Poly beat 2 I-A schools and a I-AA in the same year. Fresno State and Cal State Fullerton of the Big West and Boise State of the Big Sky.

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Hampton and San Diego 11-0

Harvard may go 10-0

X-Factor
October 12th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I voted for Hampton. Much as I would love the Bison to get through the season untouched, it isn't going to happen with that game at Minnesota.

The Bison will finish 10-1. The toughest remaining game after MN is going to be Poly......and that one is at the FARGODOME!

After Minnesota, I think UC Davis is going to be the toughest game by far. Cal Poly is in the dome, and its going to be tough for them to put points on the board when their QB has only completed more than 9 passes once this season. Unless of course their D literally scores all the points which is entirely possible with the talent they have. Should be an excellent game, just probably not alot of fun to watch for the casual fan.